Managing my stores with the right Retail Management System (RMS)

Bewertet am 1.10.2018
Mario R.
CEO/General Manager
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: " When I open my first store for Cosmetics and Beauty tools I had no idea of the retail business. Coming from the financial world, I felt overwhelmed with so many little products that I needed to handle, so many varieties and colors, that I thought "I will never get control over what I am doing here". I tried many softwares, with a huge amount of time invested but couldn't get control of cash flow, tender types and most important of all,…over the stock. When I contacted MHSystems, they listen to me and asked critical questions of my business….exactly the ones I needed to be in control of,…and they were not only ables to understand my business but also suggest me the right retail software to handle my specific type of business…Until then I didn't know that there were specific softwares depending on the type of retail you are in. Furthermore, they gave me several papers and documents to read and study which illustrated me on how to use the right software they were offering me and how to make adequate control of the key variables of my business . It was not until I started following the "good practices" and follow the "know how" that MHSystems has on the retail industry by using their software when I begun to take control of my business. Coming from the financial world I know that stock and money are the most important things to take care of and the RMS has all the necessary controls and management tools to ensure these aspects are being permanently monitored and controlled. Furthermore, RMS has helped me to grow my company in several store every year because it just has what it takes to help you manage small to middle size companies on the tips of your finger. Of course you must be constantly studying and learning all the features this software has in order to produce more with less effort and time, but once you learn the logics on which the software is based then is like you are given 25 years experience from MHSystems right into your brain.,..you can't fail in your business if you work with these tools by your side."

Vorteile: 1.- Scalable solution when your business begin to grow. I begin with one (1) single store, I have 10 Stores now and growing…Even a Franchise version allows to expand even more your business if you want.
2.- Total POS control, flexible promotions set up.
3.- Easy functionalities for Staff, complete set of features and reporting for Managers and owners.
4.- Accurate stock management. Bin location, Expiration dates, samples, damages, Serial Nos., etc.
5.- Powerful and accurate solution (specially for those with financial and business background).

Nachteile: Basic features are easy. BUT Not that that easy to learn all the middle to high features,… if you are planning to get the most of it you will need to invest time in order to learn and understand.

Stable, Functional, Outstanding POS System

Angela R.
Bekleidung & Mode, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Our Seattle-based small business purchased the Retail Management Software (RMS) for Fashion from Microhouse Systems in 2010, about 8 years ago and we have been using it successfully ever since. This is a very straightforward, Windows based system that meets all our needs ranging from a 100% accurate & easy POS to ring up sales and Customer Relationship Management...to...an outstanding Inventory management system to order, receive, price and tag our goods for sale (apparel, accessories, shoes, gifts, consignment jewelry) and more. There is a somewhat steep learning curve at first, as it has so many functions. I have found the POS easy to train new sales associates, and likewise my store managers can delve in deeper into the software to utilize more functions with ease (does take some practice and learning though) Each year, the Microhouse team performs automatic upgrades and adds more and more useful (sometimes eye opening) reports to help me better understand my business. The phone-based customer service from Microhouse is outstanding, though our staff does have to pay attention to the time difference as we are in the US and they are in Canada. One major feature of this POS is its stability. Our RMS-POS system has never malfunctioned, there's been ZERO downtime, and it has never been hacked or infected by a virus. (Note: we run this system on two older model Windows' PC's along with Kaspersky Total Security, connected to the Internet) .

Vorteile: The way in which the Customers, Inventory and Sales are all interlinked, and the personalized customer service and support you will receive.

Nachteile: The basic function of ringing up customers is easy and straight forward, but I can be difficult to train new employees on all the intricacies beneath the basics.

SoSO.... you get what you pay for....

Chris C.

Vorteile: Somewhat easy for daily use for the staff, for management, much MORE work :( Reports are many, but also means confusing at times

Nachteile: Customer support is confusing to get a hold of, I also have a 3 hour time difference, so my answers are usually 2-3 days later. Floor restocking report has a 1 minute "bug" where there's a blindspot and may affect you. They don't sound interested / willing to integrate their system w/ other credit card machine companies (they support only 2 services!) For some odd reason, I keep finding bugs in their system, and their latest update makes NO SENSE, why do I need to hit ANOTHER button to get the mix+match to kick in, before the update - it was automatic - do you see your grocery store checkout have a mix and match button? IT's AUTOMATIC! Every single one of my concerns that I've had in the past 2 years have gone unanswered and ignored - running a retail store is hard enough, and trying to get the backend support from these guy - it's like pulling teeth at times. I've been with them over 2 years - I've 2 different Tech support individuals (assigned) now, they got some turnover going on over there!

Good system with lots of tools and functions.

Lyndsay B.

Vorteile: RMS is great for customer relationships. I can easily see my list of clients, their purchase history, sizing, contact info, and any notes I make on their file. The functionality is good, with lots or reporting tools to better manage my business. Previously we operated with a cash register which didn't record anything, and kept tags as our tracking. With RMS, we can easily pull up sales figures from any given period, our top selling and slow moving styles, floor restocking, and much more. And counting inventory has gone from a two day ordeal to just a couple of hours. This system has definitely improved my business. Multiflex was also the only company I was working with who offered a payment plan, which made a huge impact as a small business.

Nachteile: The only down sides I have experienced in the last two years of using RMS is if there is a system update to my computer, sometimes it will interfere with the RMS system and I need to contact customer service to get the system operating again. But I would imagine this is an issue any software would have.

Too big for a small business.

Bewertet am 28.1.2019
Hal S.
Einzelhandel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: To be honest, if I was starting again with a p.o.s. inventory data program it would not be RMS. I shoud have looked for a smaller system. I remember a system called "Shop Keeper" that similar size business to mine worked well with. I have thought many times that the manual, paper and pencil system we used prior to RMS would be less stressful.

Vorteile: Gave us an extensive inventory data base. The till module works well for staff checking out customers. A few reports give very valuable information. For a large enterprise with the staff that understand information technology it looks like a powerful system.

Nachteile: Way too complex for a small business. Some reports do not match other reports that should agree. Too many reports, most of which we have no use for. At first customer service seemed a bit impatient with us. on one occasion my staff member needed help when I was away, the person she talked to was very impatient with her. She no longer felt confident to call for help if needed. That has improved.

Super software for my stores and warehouse

Bewertet am 16.1.2018
Jorge P.
Einzelhandel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: My business is in Puerto Rico. My data is in their servers in Canada. Lucky me because when the Hurricane hit PR on Sept 19 2017, 4 days later we were back running our business with no power, no internet and the POS system was flawless. This is the first time I rented a POS Solution and I am glad I chose Micro House.

Vorteile: POS is excellent even when my internet is down. I make Transfers to my stores from my warehouse and is very simple to use. Its just a matter of setting up all the all the upc codes. The PO are easy to do in quick order module. It will create a PO to your supplier and email directly to your supplier. All reports are perfect. The Customer service is perfect ***** stars. They will never let you fail using the system.

Nachteile: I rented the system in Feb 2017. It is a powerful system and I read the guides but even when I applied what I read, I called customer service and learned some more with the training they offer so it was a back and forth communication but they are very helpful. But it has its challenges that I overcame about 3 to 4 months with the system. There are no other bad issues to report.

POS is Easy

Bewertet am 29.1.2019
David C.
Managing Director
Einzelhandel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall I find it great software for my business and full fills my needs adequately.

Vorteile: This software makes the POS and Customer experience easy and effortless, the ease of customer detail gathering for both loyalty and future marketing is a breeze.
Go to the back office and data entry is also uncomplicated and time efficient. Standard reports are great for my use but I am sure that there are more I could create in the customise report function

Nachteile: There area few additional reports that could be standard in the back office function and in the last update that we have the account payment function is complex which it does not need to be and wasn't previously.

Knowledge is Power

Bewertet am 26.9.2015
Erin P.
Bekleidung & Mode

Vorteile: In todays retail market place there is no way to compete unless you have knowledge to adapt to the changes that are happening more rapidly than ever. MultiFlex RMS gives you the data from all aspects of your business. Inventory and Staff. Buying Plans and Sell through movment reports are fantastic. Multi store ordering is a breeze. The software is flexible enough o adapt to your own business model but gives you almost unlimited reporting tools to make key timely decisions. As with any software this powerful there is a learning curve and the support team at MultiFlex RMS is always there to assist. There is a personal touch to the support that I have never experienced elsewhere. All said this is software is fantastic and I cannot imagine running a business without it.

Nachteile: Learning Curve with any detailed software is a mildly steep. All intricate software that does a lot takes a time investment to understand.

Good for general reports

Bewertet am 29.6.2018
Ben S.
President /CEO

Vorteile: Very cost effective and a great generic system that keeps track of inventory and daily sales reports at a great level
Keeps track of customer history as well as information
Takes care of commission reports nicely
As long as you do not want tobe to detailed this system is for you .

Nachteile: Reports are not that detailed and not easy to navigate for me
Cannot split sales between salespeople
Don t like the fact that I have to know my supplier code as opposed to just list supplier name ...we have lots of suppliers
I find that when I use inventory on hand cost ..the number differs between reports very frustrating

Detailed Reporting

Beth H.
Einzelhandel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We have been with Multiflex for 15 years. When it came time to update it was only logical to stay with the same company versus invest in a whole new program and go through the changes. I feel like the value is there but there may be other programs with better customer support.

Vorteile: The software is as detailed as you need it to be. Options for inventory, receiving, and sales reports are ample. Easy to use and easy to train.

Nachteile: Lots of little glitches in the program that take forever to get updated. More often than not the issues do not happen when I am of course on the phone with a customer service agent prolonging the issue getting resolved.

Lied to by sales people about functionalities, treated horribly by support staff when issues arose.

Bewertet am 6.5.2017
Lindsey H.
Kunst & Handwerk, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It does provide the basic inventory management functions we expected.

Vorteile: It wasn't super expensive and performs its basic functions effectively once the extremely tedious setup process is complete.

Nachteile: It doesn't integrate with QuickBooks online, it doesn't integrate with e-Commerce, it doesn't adapt easily to my purposes... all of these things I was told in the sales process that it would do. Training is essentially non-existent and there is no documentation to refer to later. All we had was a one hour session where our trainer took control of our system remotely and used his function keys to speed through setup steps (we couldn't even tell what he was doing because he didn't articulate it and didn't use the mouse) and wouldn't allow us to ask questions. They charge a bunch of money each year to install any updates and continue to give you access to their support, but none of that was explained or described by our sales person and was not in our contract. When I found a glitch in the system that was causing us peoblems at POS, the support manager was extremely rude and condescending to me, going so far as to ask how old I was because he felt I might lack the "experience" (his words) required to be able to find and resolve such an issue. I only wish we had the money to buy a real POS system with real support staff. The last time I tried to post a negative review I was bullied into having it removed by RMS management - that won't happen again.

Good Product/Good Customer Service

Bewertet am 24.1.2019
Greg K.
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Getting through transactions quickly, is very important.

Vorteile: This system has lots of features
Quantity on hand lists
In software ordering system
tagging price changes when receiving inventory
variety of ways to search for customers and tracking their purchase
very clean looking POS system. Easy to cash out customers.

Nachteile: Our one suggestion would be: When you have a customer return, to be able to return the product to store inventory or return to the company of origin for a credit.

MULTIFLEX

Bewertet am 18.1.2019
Paulina I.
sales manager
Einzelhandel, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Was good in the beginning.. but with no customer support it has changed. The main supports have left and the lady that handles accouting does it. Hard to understand. Not helpful finding solutions to problems.

Vorteile: Easy to use.
Easy to train others on system

Nachteile: -customer support weak
-glitches with email marketing - does not work
-reports not always working properly
-inactive client- will print 2 receipts and omit the one receipt in the totals
-very glitchy
-slow system when running reports and doing multiple things

Have used for years and find it excellent. Easy to use. Wish there was a training mode.

Leslie C.
owner operator
Einzelhandel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Allows for customer history. Easy to check inventory. Easy to order inventory. Reports help with selection of products based on sales.

Vorteile: Ease of use, functions, customer history, ability to customize. It could be modified for many types of business".

Nachteile: No training mode. When selecting the customer from the system using phone number, name or other, if you check the customers history, before hitting select customer, when you try to then select customer you have to start the selection again.

Very Good Value

Bewertet am 18.1.2019
Joseph S.
president
Bekleidung & Mode, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: My overall experience was very good. Customer service is easy to reach. Program is stable and fee's are reasonable . I would however like a better open to buy and inventory management module for clothing stores.

Vorteile: Its is very flexible and able to customize for the money. It has an easy export feature that allows you to work with the data.

Nachteile: Not great for apparel retail stores. The size grids do not show well on reports. difficult to purge older history which creates reporting problems.

generally overall good experience

Janice P.
Einzelhandel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: control over my inventory, easy to use , easy to train employees on cash, easy to use loyalty points program to set up and to use.

Vorteile: easy to use, inventory system good, there are many different reports to choose from to get you exactly the information you need.

Nachteile: when microsoft does automatic updates it affects the system and then you have to call it to fix it, which is generally easy but sometimes my employees have to do it and it's a pain.

At times frustrating

Michelle G.
Website
Einzelhandel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Customer support is very good. It is very easy to get a hold of someone and our issues are typically resolved at the time of call or at least the same day.

Nachteile: Changes due to updates are not always communicated in detail. Have been waiting for syncing Online and In-store customer/ sales feature for a long time. This feature would be extremely helpful and make us a lot more efficient.

Easy to use

Rav D.
Owner & Manager
Alternative Medizin, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Running reports, tracking customer retention.

Vorteile: I like that it is simple to learn and teach. I also find the ability to pull all types of sales reports to be very helpful in keeping inventory up to date.

Nachteile: I find it slow when trying to retrieve customer purchase history, on the other hand it could just be my computer but I don't think so as everything else works fine.

Ease of MultiflexRms

Bewertet am 17.9.2018
Bartolomeo (bert) D.
OWNER
Einzelhandel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall it has been Great and so easy to teach anyone how to use it.

Vorteile: Feom Day One Multiflex was so easy to use. Minimal training needed and you will be using it like a seasoned professional. No task is daunting.

Nachteile: The functionality with payment pricessors seems so easy but when a return error happens it is the only feature that can cause a small problem to rectify.

Best bang for the buck!

Bewertet am 13.2.2019
Tad D.
2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Very comprehensive. This POS has allowed us to do everything from daily sales, inventory, as well as, invoicing and accounts receivable.

Nachteile: The scope of offerings provides a large platform for customer service representatives to have all knowledge necessary to help with issues however the designer can and will help you when needed.

A very nice program for the cost. Could be better and more user friendly, but good for the price.

Daniel R.

Kommentare: Good reporting

Vorteile: Great wealth of reporting options for buying, merchandising and point of sale. Performance reporting nice and informative.

Nachteile: Would like to be able to customize reporting, and some tasks could be simpler. Some of the reports leave out some info I'd like to have included, and there is duplication of essentially the same reports.

Easy to use at Point of Sale.

Bewertet am 3.5.2018
Alejandro Z.
Director of Operations
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall easy to use system and very user friendly functionalities.

Vorteile: Setup was easy and inexpensive.
Pretty robust inventory and purchasing features.
Many helpful reports.
Constantly upgrading features.

Nachteile: Wish support hours were spread wider.
Discount features a little complex.
Limited CC terminals to be used. (although new upgrade should fix it)

Excellent customer service

Nicole S.
Einzelhandel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Extreme amount of reports that the POS can produce to efficiently run my business.

Vorteile: User friendly and easy to train new staff on this software. It has extensive amount of options to run business reports from the POS

Nachteile: There is nothing at this point that I can say that I do not like. I have used the system for 5 years and would highly recommend it.

Nice System

Bewertet am 29.1.2019
Jesse n F.
Einzelhandel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall my experience has been good.

Vorteile: I love all the reports I can pull with ease and detail. There is not an item or sales transition I cannot find immense detail on.

Nachteile: I do not like once something is in "approved status" either a sale or purchase order, there is literally no way to go back and edit or change it.

first review

Bewertet am 13.9.2018
Tyler B.
Konsumgüter, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Our experience to date has been positive

Vorteile: It is extremely user friendly, easy to train new staff to use. Great inventory control.

Nachteile: As we have three store locations....it would be great to be able to check on the inventory of all three stores.....as well as the sales reports of all three locations.