No Software out there is perfect but MyRec keeps trying!!

Bewertet am 14.10.2019
Donn H.
Pioneer Park Manager
Erholungseinrichtungen & -dienstleistungen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: MyRec has changed our customer experience and provided us more management over our facilities and our revenues. We saw an increase in our Summer reservations and a huge decrease in that traffic in our office. This has allowed our staff to be more active with other projects. As a plus when we have had issues MyRec's customer Service is leaps and bounds above other software I have used. (Active, EZ Facility, RecTrac) I am very happy that I found MyRec so many years ago!

Vorteile: Their customer service is top notch. Top down they all know their software and can help you find a solution that would make your life simpler. Our clients love online reservations and as a staff we love how easily folks can take care of their reservations, programming, and recreation needs from home. Increased awareness, and less traffic through our offices. Bonus all the way around. The financial reports are also super helpful showing how our income is broken down. Tells the story we need for our assembly.

Nachteile: There are things that aren't perfectly smooth when trying to make reservations as an admin but it isn't a super pain, just wish it was even easier.

Intelligent, user-friendly software

Bewertet am 17.9.2019
Jaimie C.
Aquatic Supervisor
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I love Myrec. It is the best software out there for myrec. They are always working to improve their software and they take customer feedback very seriously. If there is a way for them to improve, they will.

Vorteile: I love the attention to detail that the software programmers use to make sure that their user base is satisfied. The platform does so many things that other systems just don't do. The ability to customize the program for your own facility needs is ever so important. The platform makes sense and can be used in so many ways for so many applications. The quality is very difficult to compete. The customer service is the absolute best in the industry. Everyone who works for myrec sincerely understands the customer needs and experience.

Nachteile: I do not like that there is no ability to track and manage private lessons in the system. I also wish there were a way for the platform to be more interactive with users. I wish for staff communication and message board features. A virtual bulletin board and a way to customize the colors of the administrative dashboard. I would love to see pictures and more colors.

von MyRec.com an 1.10.2019

It has been a pleasure working with Bristol- glad you are loving the software. Please put your requests into the change request area- and we will bring them to the table.

Recreational Programming Software Review

Bewertet am 26.9.2019
Nicole L.
Eecutive Director
Erholungseinrichtungen & -dienstleistungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall my experience has been a good one. I feel that the software is not the easiest to train new staff to use. Also, many of our families struggle to set up there account by themselves. There needs to be a simpler way for them to setup an account. When calling into the help desk everyone has always been very helpful. If they don't' know they answer they find out and call us back.

Vorteile: The software has a lot to offer a small recreational organization. We enjoy being able to input all our programs into a easy to use site and then it creates the public website for us. The software also offers many different features that we currently use, facilities rentals, program registrations, program attendance sheets, email blasts, important notices, and more.

Nachteile: As a larger organization we offer more programs than other myrec users and we have a tendency to stumble on more of coding/programming issues. It offers a scheduling software for team supports, but it is not user friendly and/or properly setup. We have gone to using free online software to schedule our team sports and then end up inputting the schedule into the system. I saved us over 8 hours or work. If you are the only one using a feature then your request to fix it goes to the bottom of the requests. The public has a

von MyRec.com an 1.10.2019

So glad to hear you are using many of the features. Please feel free to call into customer support for additional training especially on advanced features- they can be robust, and it is available at no additional cost- even for your new hires. We also have many video/pdf guides available, and they are always being updated. Please let us know where your customers are having trouble so we can look into it and let us know which requests you're waiting for so we can check on them. We do not offer a robust team scheduler but it is something we plan on developing hopefully in the future.

User Friendly MyRec

Bewertet am 11.6.2019
Meridith M.
Erholungseinrichtungen & -dienstleistungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: My experience working with MyRec has been fantastic, the ability to track rosters, send email blasts, and sell activities using a credit card has allowed the Rec programs to grow and expand.
The accessibility of the support staff is incredible, knowledgeable, and patient

Vorteile: The MyRec software is extremely user friendly. Navigating through the management side is well outlined and there are many "short cuts" to get things done quick and conveniently.
The ease of switching from management to public side is fantastic.
The favorites icon is my "favorite"!

Nachteile: When I'm uploading a photo to my program page, it sometimes sets in between the sentence. I just need to double check before I move on.

von MyRec.com an 12.6.2019

We are glad you are enjoying the software. To help with aligning your program pictures, be sure to use the select a photo from the photo pool link instead of uploading it into the description box. You can upload any of your own photos to the photo pool to use within the site at anytime.

Exceptional customer service; very user-friendly program that is actually fun to work with.

Bewertet am 31.10.2017
Jeanine W.
Parks and Recreation Coordinator
Staatsverwaltung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Total control of our recreation programs. Reports are right there when management requests them or if I need to look at the trends. When our finance department cannot rectify a deposit or credit, they come to me and the MyRec program gets the answer that they could not find. Email blasts are a great selling/advertising tool. Coaches having access to the rosters saves a lot of red tape at the administration end. The membership feature is perfect for our swim club and swim club staff easily scan in the members each day. Great to be able to see the attendance counts and actually to go back to see what days a particular member was scanned in.

Vorteile: I like that if there is a feature that I am first experiencing, it is not difficult to navigate through the help section to figure it out on my own. I very much appreciate the mental security that if I cannot grasp it, there is always a friendly and knowledgeable MyRec staff member to help me.

von MyRec.com an 18.12.2017

Thanks Jeanine, it is great having you as a client!

Patrick S.
Director of Parks and Recreation

Kommentare: excellent

Vorteile: the software is easy to use from the Management side. wonderful record keeping, program listings, tickets sales, and rentals. Our staff, which changes from time to time, catches on very quickly to the way the system "thinks".

Nachteile: The rental section does not have an easy to use fees structure if you rent by the half day or full day. It does have a per hour rate, but we rent three pavilions for half day or full day with resident and non resident fees. And, each pavilion is a different size, resulting in different fee for each.

von MyRec.com an 19.12.2018

Thank you for bringing this need to our attention. We have a feature called block fees that can be set up individually on facilities for customizable amounts of time that may help. For example, you can create a full day block and multiple half day blocks. We'd be happy to walk you through this at your convenience.

MyRec.com made my job easier!

Bewertet am 17.9.2019
Wendy M.
Parks Director
Staatsverwaltung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The folks at myrec.com are so helpful, understanding, and patient in getting things started. Our entire City has included all rental venues including the new dog park to the myrec.com account which makes reporting, tracking, and disseminating information to city council a simple process.

Vorteile: Appearance and ease of use for the customer. We were able to select a beautiful and personal visual effect (and I am not easy). The overall abilities for this site in relationship to ability to rent facilities, see availability and pay for venues. Opening a dog park with on line registrations, payments, and uploading immunizations made the process a breeze!

Nachteile: Learning new software in general to me can be problematic at times but help is a phone call away with the myrec.com folks.

von MyRec.com an 1.10.2019

It has been a pleasure working with Mt Washington Parks, and we are so grateful you are loving the software!

MyRec has been a wonderful program for our department!

Bewertet am 25.10.2017
Andrew S.
Recreation Director

Kommentare: Ease of use for myself and the public, lots of customization options, digital sign in and sign out creates a permanant record that can be accessed by all my instructors.

Vorteile: The software allows for quick and easy creation of simple activities, while still allowing you to really customize activities when it is required. Our old software got so many complaints from our users. With MyRec, the most common thing that I get is that someone forgot a password. We surveyed our customers from our summer program, and on a scale of 1-5 (with 1 being the worst) MyRec got all 3-5 and not a single 1 or 2. I highly recommend the software to other departments. Customer service is top notch and has been able to answer all my questions, even if they are complicated and abstract.

Nachteile: While there are a lot of options to apply discounts to programs or people, there have been a few times where they way I wanted to apply a discount didn't work (ie, a discount for signing up for multiple days of a program). There have been work arounds and customer service has always been great with helping me.

von MyRec.com an 1.11.2017

Thanks for the great comments Andrew!

More than a great software company! There are great people at MyRecDept.com

Tom T.
Director of Recreation And Leisure Services

Kommentare: Having been a MyRecDept.com customer for over 15 years, I have always found the MyRec team to be very responsive to any issues I ever encountered. I really appreciate that now the software is so fully functional that they call us to check in and make sure things are going ok and that we are taking advantage of any new features that they have recently added.

Vorteile: I really appreciate that MyRecDept.com continuously improves the product, adding new features and streamlining functionality all the time. The MyRecDept.com software gives our organization everything we need for a fraction of the price that we would pay to use some of the more "well known" recreation admin software company's products. Why pay more for fancy bells and whistles that you will never use?

von MyRec.com an 1.11.2017

Thanks Tom for the great review- it has been a pleasure serving you.

MyRec

Bewertet am 18.9.2019
Carrie O.
Recreation Manager
Staatsverwaltung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: The software is very user friendly. The setup for facilities or programs is step by step and if I ever do not understand something, customer service is always willing and able to answer my questions.

Nachteile: I wish there was a way to download the calendar into my personal calendar (outlook, gmail, etc.) It would be a bit easier to share with the maintenance department or others who may need the information, but not access to the full site.

von MyRec.com an 1.10.2019

So glad you're finding the software user friendly. There is a way for maintenance to see the calendar info and not have access to the full site. Please call in to customer service and we'd be happy to show you!

There is always someone available anytime we call for help and they are very willing to add features

Jeanne S.
Erholungseinrichtungen & -dienstleistungen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Organizing our registrations, tracking income, and creating a website for our community of recreation registrants ALL with the same actions.

Vorteile: Customer service - staff are always available to help when we call and also willing to add features we suggest to make things more relevant to our needs. The program's intuitiveness is also appreciated. We love customer representatives.

Nachteile: There are often too many clicks to complete a transaction. Some of the help staff are not nearly as good as our rep and we often get them, and then end up calling her. She is very responsive and capable.

von MyRec.com an 1.11.2017

Jeanne, Appreciate the review of the software- it has been great working with Beekman all these years! You've really seen us grow.

Made the transition from all paper registration forms to online very easily.

Jessica D.
Erholungseinrichtungen & -dienstleistungen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I love that all the households and family member information is in one place and can be accessed from anywhere. The email blasts are wonderful. The up-to-date program info and registrant information is amazing. I also love that families have registration right at their fingertips and can do things at their own convenience, because our office hours aren't always ideal for working families! My Rec's customer service has exceeded our expectations. They are always available and can solve any issues we may be having. They have helped us troubleshoot and streamline things so users can have a much better experience!

Nachteile: Registering multiple kids and redundancy of the question fields. There is a lot we can still learn and this program can do many things, so it may just be our own learning curve!

von MyRec.com an 1.11.2017

Jessica, Thank you for the great review of the software. We are always looking at ways to improve the system- so keep an eye out for updates.

Organizational Support

Nick M.
Vice President
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The set-up from start to finish and now the experience for our members give MyRec.com a 10/10 for us. Thank you MyRec.com!

Vorteile: NEPA is a professional organization that serves a membership of professionals in our region. We were unique to MyRec.com and they took that challenge and gave us a well thought out plan to serve digitally serve our membership. We currently use all aspects of MyRec.com and would recommend it to any professional organization focus on membership management.

Nachteile: Its not exactly like a website. This means we can't completely change how some things works, but the benefits of it outweigh this small con of the system.

von MyRec.com an 19.12.2018

We are so happy you are pleased with the product, thank you for letting us serve you, and can't wait to see your successes in the future.

MyRec is Great

Jenny D.
Executive Assistant
Erholungseinrichtungen & -dienstleistungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The Staff are the BEST! They really are always willing to go the extra mile to help you.

Vorteile: The staff at MyRec make the experience outstanding. If I ever have questions they are always willing to help me figure out what to do. The software does exactly what I need it to do.

Nachteile: Sometimes we need something more in-depth in our Registration for our customers and need to go further on the back end that can't be done. Most of the time I call MyRec and they help me figure out a way to still do what I need.

von MyRec.com an 21.6.2019

Jenny,
Thank you so much for the kind words- it is such a pleasure serving you and your department.

We Love MyRec

Bewertet am 4.1.2019
Tom M.
Park Facilities and Programs Director
Erholungseinrichtungen & -dienstleistungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Our Department has used MyRec since 2006. We continue to be pleased with it. Using MyRec we were able to develop and control our own website that works directly with the program registration and financial control functions.

Vorteile: There is one feature where MyRec really stands out compared to other vendors. That feature is Customer Support and Service. Whenever you call there is a friendly voice who takes the time to not just solve your question, but to help you to understand the solution to your problem.

Nachteile: Overall, we have no complaints about this software.

von MyRec.com an 11.1.2019

We thank you for your support and are happy to serve you!

Great product with fantastic support!

Shawn P.
Executive Director
Erholungseinrichtungen & -dienstleistungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It has made the bookkeeper very happy and lets us run everything from reservations to POS and donations through the system. I love that we can send an email or make a call and get a response usually same day! We LOVE MyRec at Look Park!

Vorteile: My staff were hesitant to change software but we needed an upgrade. The support we received from the MyRec team was top notch! They made the change from our old system to the MyRec smooth. It's very user friendly and gives you a lot of options for a very fair price.

Nachteile: We had a few hiccups in the beginning and needed some parts of the program modified to meet our needs. The team at MyRec worked quickly to resolve our needs.

von MyRec.com an 19.12.2018

MyRec.com loves Look Park- you're suggestions have truly expanded the system, and we thank you for your continued support!

Online Registration System Review

Kim F.
Park Superintendent
Erholungseinrichtungen & -dienstleistungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Learning to use the software was great - good transition from our old software and getting MyRec off the ground. Help desk has been fantastic, we get answers within minutes and talk to a person who can resolve our issues

Nachteile: Nothing yet - we are still learning the system. Trying to learn the best way to accomplish what needs done along with getting our job done.

von MyRec.com an 21.6.2019

Kimberly,
So glad things are going well for you. Don't forget to look in the help guide/files on the mgmt side as we now have many new video guides to assist in training.

My Rec.com performance software for Recreation Departments

Shelley A.
Staatsverwaltung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Streamlined our paperwork, met a community need to ease registration burden and hours of operation, wonderful staff who work to make the system meet your needs by taking special programming requests.

Vorteile: Easy to use for management and the public, allows our patrons access to programming and registration services at their own leisure 24 hours a day

Nachteile: System crashed under load one time but my understanding is that this has been rectified

von MyRec.com an 19.12.2018

So happy you and your patrons are loving the system. Yes- the system load issue has been resolved some time ago. Thank you for your allowing us to serve you.

MyRec...great at what they do!

Bewertet am 31.12.2018
Scott S.
Parks & Recreation Director
Erholungseinrichtungen & -dienstleistungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: From the time we started using the software to current, anytime we have needed guidance from myRec staff they have been available and able to walk us thru any challenges. Also, greatly appreciate when they listen to suggestions we have have and that they are always doing upgrades to make our work easier!

Vorteile: The steps to process information is wonderful.. Even if I have not been on the software for awhile, it's easy to to get back into the groove...user friendly! My favorites...the various reports and ability to send emails to specific groups with a quick tap of the keyboard!

Nachteile: Have not found anything that we do not like thus far.

von MyRec.com an 2.1.2019

We are so happy you are enjoying the software- thank you for being our client!

A few glitches but mostly very satisfied.

Bewertet am 25.10.2017
Deb F.
Recreation Director

Kommentare: The biggest benefit is the real time sharing of information with my pool, day camp and coaches that run summer programs. It has cut down on paper use significantly and really helps promote, track and create programs.

Vorteile: The ease of use and the tracking of all the programs. It is helping us get a data base of who uses our parks and programs and makes it easy to stay in touch with everyone and keep people informed of events, closures etc.

Nachteile: I find the facility input part very cumbersome. For a one day rental it works great and nice to have everything on the calendar but for leagues and multiday use it is not easy to navigate to get everything you want on. If you were to add actual games to the calendar it would be hours of input.

von MyRec.com an 1.11.2017

Thank you Deb for taking the time to review. We have just recently simplified facility management- so hopefully some glitches have been ironed out.

Review June '19

Bewertet am 12.6.2019
Sandy C.
Parks & Rec. Dir.
Erholungseinrichtungen & -dienstleistungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I like the fact that customer support is available as much as it is when calling the help line. Of course, email is available also.

Vorteile: There are updates in the works and made regularly.
I think we push the software functionality beyond it's limits - meaning it does more than what is intended.

Nachteile: There are times the users, customers have difficulty but that is normal for someone new to any system

von MyRec.com an 13.6.2019

Thanks Sandy, it has been a pleasure serving your department. We are always striving to make your jobs easier.

Peabddy's Review

Bewertet am 30.9.2019
Jennifer D.
Erholungseinrichtungen & -dienstleistungen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: The reporting has been extremely helpful in moving our department forward.

Nachteile: Sometimes, finding things can be tricky. Practice makes perfect

von MyRec.com an 1.10.2019

So glad our robust reporting is working for you! Please don't hesitate to call if you need guidance at any time. Ongoing support and training is included at no additional cost.

System is used for athletics and recreation services

Bewertet am 31.10.2017
Kevin F.
Coordinator
Erholungseinrichtungen & -dienstleistungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Quick, easy to use from anywhere. Allows for caches to see rosters and payments.

Vorteile: Easy to use and navigate.
Customers seem to enjoy it.
I like the cloud base which allows to work from anywhere.

Nachteile: Payments have been a problem. Needs to be payment site all on one page so you don't have to go back and forth between sites. If an address doesn't match up with account it wont take payment. This is difficult because many times sponsors or other family members pay with different addresses.
There should be a scheduling system that allows for more customization (game times, home, away games, fields, same number of early games as late games, etc)

von MyRec.com an 2.11.2017

Thanks Kevin for reviewing- give a call to clear up confusion on payments (as you and your customers can certainly change payers address at time of checkout).

They Are Awesome!

Parks & Rec Director
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Going from all paper based to computer and online registration was great, and using MyRec for that transition was awesome! They have a wonderful staff that is always there to help when you need it. Even if they aren't familiar with your particular problem they will utilize the other staff members to find your solution. Great program, great staff!

Vorteile: The ease of use for us and our customers.
Awesome customer service.
Options

Nachteile: League scheduling isn't that great unless I'm just doing it wrong.

von MyRec.com an 1.10.2019

Thank you for your most awesome review!

MyRec review

Bewertet am 10.10.2019
Janet M.
Director of Recreation

Kommentare: Very satisfied

Vorteile: Easy to customize the site, photos, links etc. all very easy. Tracking is simplified.

Nachteile: The calendars, both in size and viewing. We print calendars out for our maintenance and janitorial staff and the calendars are difficult to format. Also when we want to look at a past date calendar, having to enter the start date/end date repeatedly is a bit frustrating as well as having to reset the date on each calendar. So if I set my date parameters on one calendar and then look at a different calendar I have to again change the date.

von MyRec.com an 18.10.2019

Janet, so glad you are enjoying the customization and tracking of the software. We do have a calendar update in development. Be on the lookout!