A Necessity for Small Businesses!

Bewertet am 27.8.2019
VP Operations
Einzelhandel, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Kommentare: Unleashed is a necessity for small businesses growing in the e-commerce industry. We’ve significantly reduced our inventory turn ratio and improved operational efficiencies when accounting for stock levels and improving procurement processes. Unleashed’s e-commerce integrations (specifically Shopify) allows you to automate inventory reporting so that you can be sure you do not oversell product that isn’t available in your warehouse(s). Similarly, Unleashed can calculate the amount of product you can assemble and reports those numbers to your e-commerce store, even if the product isn’t assembled yet. Unleashed is a great product for those getting their feet wet in the e-commerce/retail space. I recently encountered a configuration issue in Unleashed (due to my error) and their support member was exceptional at isolating the issue and educating me on the appropriate ways to configure Unleashed so that it works optimally with my Shopify store. Kudos all around to an excellent product and support team.

Vorteile: - Support / Knowledgebase
- Integration Capabilities (E-Commerce, Accounting, Forecasting, etc)
- Ease of Use / Application Setup
- Reporting Capabilities
- Kitting / Bill of Materials
- Auto-Assemble / Auto-Complete (Can automatically build an assembly when shipping or completing an order.)

Nachteile: - Document Customization
- Taxes
- Auto-Assemble (I wish the system could auto-assembly hierarchy of Bill of Materials instead of just the top/main product level.)

How good is it when things just work

Bewertet am 29.1.2017
Marcus S.
Automotive, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Unleashed has been a breath of fresh air for my company. We have pushed the boundaries with what we expected from unleashed we have a mobile workforce with reps aged from young to old / We have reps from our industry and some from beyond / we run multiple warehouses we have 1000's of sku numbers / we have multiple suppliers for the same product and I can not praise this system enough. The system handles all this with ease somehow. After returning from our Christmas holidays turning on unleashed again after the break was almost as good as a late Christmas gift its just great to have something that works and works well at your fingertips. I tell other business people I meet it is similar to when I got an iPhone I never read the instructions you just somehow know how to use it. Whilst I find new things and different ways of doing it our business has changed upped a few gears since installing unleashed. Training our reps took less than 5 minutes (yes less than 5 minutes) they did have experience on our older system but it was totally unrelated and as different as chalk and cheese as unleashed works and the other (no words can describe feelings towards the previous system). They had a few questions from time to time but they were all super impressed. The order entering time has halved in time and information regarding stock etc to them is also unbelievable and live. I here of companies paying hundreds of thousands of dollars getting a system and then a couple of $10,000 more for reporting or a mobile feature that was not mentioned at the point of sale.
Unleashed is beyond reasonable almost too cheap maybe (shh!!!) and refreshingly fluid with changes and additions happening all the time. I have found they listen they remember and they honestly just seem to want to help and they actually give a hoot.
If you're on your mobile/laptop / home PC / Tablet / at the office / at somebody else's office unleashed is there at your fingertips in seconds and you have the power to operate seamlessly and without compromise I can log into multiple terminals and not get logged out of the other terminal it is so good to be able to do that. Trust me Give it a go you won't be disappointed and you will feel even more superior to your opposition than you did before. Good luck I am not a paid actor just a happy customer

Vorteile: It Just Works

Nachteile: A couple of features need to be added for my business but these are in the pipeline.

Heavy on Features, Easy to Use Inventory App that connects with Xero and QBO

Bewertet am 28.5.2019
Reuben S.
Co-founder
Buchhaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Using Unleashed I finally have a process for everything inventory related in my business from purchasing, manufacturing, through to pick/pack/dispatch/invoice and everything in between. Staff finally have to tools they need to do their jobs effectively without resorting to a series of unconnected spreadsheets. I can see at any time my stock on hand, what products, product categories, customers and customer segments are making me the most revenue and margin. I can now use that information to offer the right products to the right people at the right price and the right time :D

Vorteile: Despite being feature-rich Unleashed is easy to use. Staff pick up their parts of the process quickly. It's worth noting that Unleashed is also the ONLY inventory app in the Xero space that does manufacturing well. Unleashed also has flexible and easy to use reporting that doesn't require a computer science degree. Any staff member can retrieve and customise the reports they need to do their jobs.

Nachteile: At the time of this review Unleashed does not:
- Provide stock on hand at the bin level (unless all products of that SKU are in the same bin)
- Provide demand forecasting

Unleashed Power Users

Bewertet am 2.3.2017
Kyle T.
IT Manger
Textilien, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We have been using Unleashed Software for the past two years and it is great. We are manufacturers of decorative throw pillows. It is very hard to find a similar system that offers Bill of Materials and the type of manufacturing understanding as there is in Unleashed. It is very easy to use but complex enough to meet all your needs. We must ship 500 orders a week and produce 1500 items a week using Unleashed and it almost always works flawlessly. When it doesn't, the Unleashed Support are quick to respond and very good at following-up. For example we had an issue with the multi-currency working as it should. Within 48-hours they had a solution and implemented for us. Even our being located in the US and their being located in New Zealand, we find working with Unleashed to be easy, reliable and a key extension of our business.
While we produce our products in the US, our customer service and bookkeeping is all done overseas. So having a secure cloud-based system is very important to us. Unleashed allows us to securely manage all aspects of the data while not minimizing the success of our overseas workers. It is also designed in such a way that our overseas workers are able to quickly pick it up and get working with minimal training. It also has complete audit control so we can always see who did what should there ever be a question.
We would recommend Unleashed to anyone. We look forward to them adding more shipping functionality so we can integrate with more US carriers in the short-term.

Vorteile: It's ease of use. It's attention to detail in managing the data. It is fairly quick in accessing the data. We have thousands of records and it seems to access it all very quickly. The customer support is great too - they are always available to answer our questions.

Nachteile: We would like to see more integration with US shipping integrators, such as, Ship Station or similar.

Unleashed Software Review

Bewertet am 8.11.2019
Jerry K.
Chief Financial Officer
Quelle: GetApp

Kommentare: Outstanding. We went live with Xero and Unleashed on October 1, 2018. We chose both on the basis of their respective features, and the tight integration. As a side note, we also went live with Gusto for the same reasons. I believe what has distinguished each application is the ease of use, and the tight alignment with theory and practice. Regarding Xero and Unleashed, we hold separate weekly Management Team and Operations Team meetings using each application's Dashboard to review the business results and activity. Both apps reporting are extremely facile for instant drill-down variance analysis. I would offer that organizationally, at a management level, Xero and Unleashed have dramatically improved our business acumen while increasing our business IQ twenty points, or more. Both apps (and Gusto too) are incredible values relative to what they offer, provide, and what we pay. If you're serious about change and improving your business, I recommend you start with Xero, Unleashed - and if you're unhappy with your payroll provider, Gusto.

Vorteile: Ease of use, theoretical correctness, and tight integration with Xero, our accounting and financial reporting software. A differentiator was also the training videos and online support. A benefit we've discovered after implementation is the outstanding email and phone support.

Nachteile: Unleashed does not account for RMA (return material authorization) transactions.

we are very happy with unleashed, thank you.

Bewertet am 25.5.2017
Lucy B.
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The benefits allowed us to Completely all be on top of Inventory management, as we have a component based business (beauty products that we assemble we can see when we need to re order easily) The fact is can work with XERO easily our accounting system. We really like it and saves us valuable time we can spend on customer service and sales..

Vorteile: Love that we can see all of orders for each client separately as well as whats to ship. We love the inventory tracking and the dashboard which is easy to navigate.

Nachteile: Sometimes when entering a persons email in the contact file.. a box say you must enter a correct email.. this happens a bit which is strange as never did initially for first year. Now in April & May its happened.. I wish that when placing an order, it would PULL into that order (for the ONLINE VIEWING ONLY) the stores email and phone number PARTICULARLY for each separate SHIPPING to address as that is often different people if a store has numerous shops... as would be great to have at a glance in case we need to contact them as looking at order. Their info DOES print on actual paper order but not on screen on computer. When printing an order we would like to see if you can do this.. Can there be a faster way than manually moving a ski for instance if we order EDP2001 and then other items.. then another EDP2003 we have to manually one line at a time up. so that its easy for pick and pack.. is there a faster way we can sort it.? Thank you so much.

Great software for general day to day operations

Bewertet am 4.8.2017
Steve G.
General Manager
Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Bought our invoicing and stock system together so it saved double handling. We just need to implement Zero software to enable it to be fully streamlined.

Vorteile: cloud based system, easy to use and complete dashboard in you face on a daily basis. Easy to train staff on how to use the software as it's intuitive. Love the help desk support and normally resolve a problem within a day.

Nachteile: Reporting... There are some reports that I need out of the system where I can't get the information required unless I create a number of reports and then spend hours merging them. It would be good to have some sort of report writer to be able to do the reports that aren't in the standard list. Backorder releases... this is a time consuming exercise if you have multiple BO for the same product. My dream would be a routine to run a back order release and select the orders to release and create the delivery dockets.
Invoices...we require the ability to provide our terms and conditions as a separate attachment with the invoice. Currently you can't do this from the system, it means we have to save the invoice and send via normal email which defeats the purpose of being able to email from the system.

We've Grown With Unleashed

Bewertet am 23.10.2019
Dale Y.
General Manager
Chemikalien, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It is great that we can contact Unleashed and speak directly with someone who can help us with our issues, its the great people and service at Unleashed that makes them a valuable partner for our business.

Vorteile: Unleashed is user intuitive for navigation and it is easy to jump from one screen to the next using the hyperlinks.

Nachteile: When we started with Unleashed, the pricing options weren't flexible enough for us; however Unleashed took on board our recommendations and now have pricing options that work very well for us.

A perfect platform for inventory management

Bewertet am 21.8.2018
Venugopal S.
Technical Support
Versicherung, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Vorteile: This is a superb application which helps you to manage your inventory effectively and efficiently. It allows you to track your stock details in real-time across different locations. It helps you in taking better data-driven business decisions. Its interface is very simple as well as supportive as one can operate it by using training resources. It allows you to prepare invoices without having stock in your system. It is one of the reliable applications I have ever seen and in addition, it is very easy to introduce it to new employees. It consists of numerous attributes. It gives you the full value of the money spent on it as its functionality is very good. It provides excellent management functionality. It is very quick and effective in its working. It also supports CRM (Customer Relationship Management).

Nachteile: This application is not so much flexible as its UI is very complex, overwhelming complexity, etc. It is not customizable which leads to the lack of functionality. It has some problems in adjusting dates as it is very difficult in real-time tracking of stock. Some users want this application to be integrated with Xero as well as US shipping integration like ship station, etc.

It does everything we need and more!

Bewertet am 29.11.2017
Tom S.
Operations Manager
Geschäftsbedarf & -einrichtung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Vorteile: After trialing a number of Inventory systems, I decided on Unleashed. It was perfectly suited to our business model as we needed multiple warehouses, the ability to create a bill of materials, assemble products and work in multi-currencies, oh and with the simple integration with Xero it was a definite winner! I'd initially signed up for a trail version of Unleashed just to see if it really did do what it said it could do. I was impressed. One of the Sales Execs at Unleashed was always on hand during our trial - nothing was ever too much trouble. After 2 weeks of thoroughly testing the trial version, we subscribed to a Medium User Plan. The API integration with Xero was so unbelievably easy. Online Support is great, to date we have only had to raise two Support tickets to query a CSV import and from logging the ticket to a resolution that was less than one hour! I cannot thank him and the Support team at Unleashed enough. The software is intuitive and extremely user-friendly - I even declined one of their Onboarding Sessions because I felt it wasn't needed. Feedback from all of the team here has been positive.Training was never an issue as all team members picked up the new system so easily. Subscribe to an Unleashed trial today - you won't be disappointed! It'll make your business life so much easier to manage!

Nachteile: Sometimes it can be a little slow logging in, however that is probably our internet connection as we are in North Wales rather than a bug in Unleashed itself. We are on the Medium Plan which suits our business perfectly. I think the costs could escalate quite quickly for larger businesses.

We think Unleashed is excellent, the ability to see our true margin is a fabulous feature.

Bewertet am 27.6.2018
Lisa W.
Accounts and Administration Manager
Automotive, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Multiple warehousing, accurate reports and inventory control.

Vorteile: The ability to see our stock holding over multiple warehousing was one of the reasons why we moved to Unleashed. It offer a huge range of features without the expense of going to large program. It integrates with our accounting program almost instantaneously. The reports are excellent. It has enabled us to determine our true cost of product with the ability to add charges such as freight. The onboard team and customer support is excellent.

Nachteile: The sales app for iphone is a great tool with one exception, this is the fact that all users are able to see the sell price of all customers. This has meant that our sales reps, who are not privvy to our reseller pricing, are able to see the price that our resellers are paying for product. This is not desirable nor acceptable to us and therefore we are still using another sales order system for the sales reps. If Unleashed were to modify the app so that we are able to limit the visibility of users of the app to only see those orders they have entered for their customers this would be an advantage and would mean we would be able to use the Unleashed sales app for all our sales team and we could cease using another system which isn't integrated with UL, those it would be more convenient and cost saving.

Unleashed Software

Bewertet am 23.2.2017
Nola A.
Quelle: GetApp

Kommentare: After coming from a large multinational company with in-house adapted accounting/warehouse/manufacturing software we were delighted to find Unleashed fulfilled most of our requirements for our new start up company. Although no where near the scale of our previous company we still required multi-currencies, multi warehouses, bills of materials and costs added to our overseas purchases all of which Unleashed is able to deliver.
Reports are able to be manipulated with many configurations available to custom design many mix and match data.
Another feature we love is the ability to put in a reference at the top of any screen and have the information to drill down to within a second which saves time maneuvering your way through menus.
Of course the seamless intergration with Xero was also a requirement.

Vorteile: Back orders generated automatically on unfilled sales orders
Batch tracking on sales orders
Customer service communication is great

Nachteile: Cannot have multi purchases orders grouped together and enter other costs (i.e. import charges and overseas freight) and generate back orders on the unfilled purchase order

Essential Stock Management Suite

Bewertet am 24.9.2019
Luke S.
IT

Kommentare: Unleashed is the beating heart of any product-based business providing full visibility across the supply chain. Unleashed provides us intelligent solutions in all areas key to our success such as purchasing/landed costs, product management across different systems, omni-channel sales management, production and reporting. Unleashed's support is second to none, the experts at Unleashed provide timely advice to help us make the most of the platform's functionality.

Vorteile: - Extensive Xero integration with tracking categories and product-level alternate GL codes
- Probably the best production capabilities in it's space
- Fast and easy pick/pack/dispatch module
- Purchasing and Landed Costs are a breeze
- UI is refined and looks pretty slick

Nachteile: - Lack of mobile stock management app
- FIFO product costing (Unleashed uses average cost model)
- A basic Point of Sale would be nice!

Don't think about it, just do it.

Bewertet am 2.5.2018
Alan H.
Quelle: GetApp

Vorteile: Unleashed is nothing short of amazing. We deal with importing goods from continents all over the world all batched in varying volumes, which was a total headache. We went from 15+ spreadsheets to something so slick it has greatly reduced my time needed. In fact, when I added up the time to manage the spreadsheets it totalled 248hrs per year. Learning the terminology was a bit tricky, to begin with, and with our many bulk products breaking down to smaller units it took a while to get everything into the system but with the help of the unleashed team and the training program, I have everything in the system running and I would not look back. I only wish I did it sooner. Don't think about it, just do it.

Nachteile: Terminology is a bit hard to figure out if you are new to this field. It would be great if there was an android based app as well! You can use the site online but its not as slick as the iphone app.

Easy to use and powerful integrations

Bewertet am 3.7.2018
Kim W.
Creative Director

Vorteile: I am the owner of a very small jewellery making business. I used to use excel spreadsheets to keep track of my inventory components, purchases and completed pieces. Moving across to Unleashed has encouraged me to improve my profit margins, sped up the quotation process and ensure that I have popular components on hand. Using Assemblies and Bills of Materials ensures that I am quoting at the most up-to-date prices. I also like being able to store images against inventory items. Finally, I love the integration with Xero.

Nachteile: The templates for invoices and sales can be cumbersome to use. Being able to move text elements and have them snap to a grid wold help (i know there have been some updates recently but I have not tried them yet, so this may be solved).

Users for over five years. Our growth has been supported by superb scalability and enriched features

Bewertet am 2.6.2017
Hamish F.
Sales Manager
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Great inventory management and integration.

Vorteile: API integration directly with leading accounting platforms and CMS. Powerful search functionality. Ability to customise and fine-tune everything as desired. Simple things like bulk updates through CSV files.

Nachteile: Can be slow to use. Not all of this is due to the performance of Unleashed, as local internet capability may be a factor. Though there could be speed improvements. Reporting is good but not great, though I know this is currently being addressed. Reconciliation between accounting software and Unleashed can be tricky, though this is more an internal issue. API connection can falter, though this can be managed easily from within Unleashed (for Xero).

Great stock management system

Bewertet am 2.3.2017
James M.
Sportartikel, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Unleashed is a robust inventory management system. I researched all the major systems prior to choosing Unleashed. I liked the simplicity of integrating Unleashed with Xero (accounting system), and I liked the easy to use interface which Unleashed offered. Unleashed keeps us on top of our stocks at all times.

Vorteile: This software keeps us completely on top of our stocks at all times. With over 100 warehouse locations it is critical for us to keep on top of our stocks, and Unleashed makes sure we can do this easily and quickly.

Nachteile: Nothing really, Unleashed make an effort to listen to their customers comments and if enough people say the same thing, they make changes accordingly, no real complaints.

Since buying our company 3 years ago this tool has been very beneficial

Bewertet am 26.5.2017
Richard V.
Managing Director

Vorteile: We love the inventory management and the ease of use. Being able to adjust for damage and warranties is something which assists us during the year and makes our auditing easier.

Nachteile: not being able to change a sale once its been dispatched/completed. Also on the pricing options, i dont like the fact that as a legacy customer we have not been automatically given all of the new user rights at our original price level. If you release new features (Iphone app access) i would have thought we would have been given access to it, regardless of you changing your pricing levels. It doesn't show that you appreciate our ongoing business nor does it show you are supporting our growth.

Easy to use but a few nit pick things to improve on.

Bewertet am 26.6.2018
Taryn D.
Admin/Accounts Manager
Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Sales history and love "average landed cost" pricing. I like that more than one person can use the software on different computers.

Nachteile: Would love to have the feature that will advise if emails have failed to send/email is wrong. Xero has this feature and it is great but when emailing from unleashed, we never know if the email has gone through or bounced back and when we chase up outstanding accounts, clients advise us that they have never received the invoice in the first place. Please install this feature asap. About 2 years ago I sent in a submission for this feature and nothing has been done about it. When talking to support I wasn't the only one to ask.

Generally works well but a bit slow at times even now we have a very fast internet connection.

Bewertet am 28.5.2017
Phil B.
Technical Sales
Baumaterial, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: See previous comments

Vorteile: Easy to use I assume it is value but do not know the cost. Allows you to invoice without stock being in system

Nachteile: Drop down lists too short should have more in the lists and a scroll feature always not just sometimes. this makes it very slow to check stock as you need to use the arrows on the stck card to scroll instead of the drop down at the search bar. Limited search of client database Product Comments section is in a column- would be better if you could type a line of comment across the page as per the product description. not a 9 character line 10 lines long in the column looks unprofessional on quotes and wastes lots of paper.

A smooth on-boarding

Bewertet am 4.5.2018
Kirsty D.
Finance Manager
Bau

Vorteile: On boarding was a relatively simple process. I have no experience in setting up new systems but this was smooth and if I got stuck at any point, the Unleashed on boarding team was super helpful. The support team (via email) have had a remarkably fast response time and have been great in responding to any issue I have had since! Training our small team to use the software was quick and easy and the team find it easy to use.
The unleashed software puts some barriers in place that can be annoying (e.g. need a purchase order for every purchase/need to raise a credit relating to an order) but this all leads to a super accurate inventory!
Reports showing margins and split down by sales person or department have been brilliant for tracking and reporting to directors.
The Xero Integration is wonderful and one of the main reasons we looked into using Unleashed.

Nachteile: A lot of our stock we buy from our sister company which means that the inventory is not 'in stock' this means we need to do a purchase order for ever sales order which is quite some extra work. Also you have to pay for phone support on my plan which I feel sometimes I just need whenI need to sort something - but we don't pay and the email support has been great so it's not a big deal! :)

Excellent

Bewertet am 27.9.2017
Frank S.
Warehouse Manager
Baumaterial, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Unleashed looks really simple and clean on the dashboard area, but it actually covers all relevant functions from the very beginning steps of a business (Quote & purchase) to the final steps (Sales & returns). Every single functions are handy and easy to learn. The "Support" page are clear and helpful with both written and video instructions. Also, I have to say that the support team are highly experienced and helpful, problems and questions are able to solved effectively.

Nachteile: When entering the delivery address in a sales order, we have "address line 1 & 2" and "suburb" column. The address can be seen clearly on the invoice, but always missing the "suburb" area in the "packing list". For example, I enter "20 Starr Avenue" in "Address Line 1" and "North Plympton" in "Suburb" and leave the "Address Line 2" blank, it will only show "20 Starr Avenue" on the "Formal Packing List" with no suburb underneath. But the suburb will finally be seen on the Invoice. However, if I enter "North Plympton" in both "Address Line 2" and "Suburb", it can be seen on the Packing list, but will appear twice on the Invoice. It seems the only solution is to leave the "Suburb" area blank and always put the suburb name into the "Address Line 2"....Then, the "Suburb" column will turn out to be really useless.

Useful and compatible

Bewertet am 4.6.2017
Lingqian (stacey) Y.
Administration Officer
Konsumgüter, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Ease of use, reliability, ease to introduce to new employees, functionality, value for money and numerous other attributes.

Vorteile: Unleashed has been a very important part of our business since we started. We use Unleashed for our manufacturing, IM and sales. It is a vital part of the ease of ordering our ingredients and packaging, manufacturing our drinks, managing our inventory, monitoring our cost of good sold and invoicing our customers. It does this seamlessly and interacts with our Xero system seamlessly - too easy.

Nachteile: A bit slow in operation, especially compared to invoicing system Xero. We're also looking forward to new developments from unleashed

The product improved with every upgrade Unleashed have created.

Bewertet am 6.1.2018
Kelvin L.
Import und Export, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: On-line operation, affordable cost, reliable solid performance

Vorteile: The improvements to 'Customer Pricing' made a significant difference to the user experience. Coming away from spreadsheets for customer price records was a big step forward. Especially, being able to view all the 'Customer Pricing' on one screen.

Nachteile: 'Customers' still needs further improvement in some areas. For example, to be able to view an expanded view of customer orders (past and current) when using the 'Orders' tab view in 'Customers'. Currently, obtaining details of a previous order is too lengthy a process while a customer is waiting on the telephone.

Unleashed is amazing and Customer support is second to none

Bewertet am 2.9.2019
CFO
Logistik & Lieferkette, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Vorteile: Easy to use and great support.
Easy to use and great support.

Nachteile: not link to Xero with respect to payments and deposits