Über MATLAB

Eine Programmier-Umgebung für die Entwicklung von Algorithmen, Datenanalyse, Visualisierung und numerischer Berechnung.

Erfahre mehr über MATLAB

It has an integrated UI building tool, which makes it easier to connect the front-end and the backend of a project. It is supported by lots of plugins that are easy to download and use.

The only bad thing I find is that the it requires lots of space in our computer system and makes it slow, freeze up system if RAM is less than 4GB.

Bewertungen zu MATLAB

4,0

MATLAB hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,6 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 1.774 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du MATLAB bereits verwendet?

Nutzerbewertungen filtern (1.774)

Abdul F.
Abdul F.
Sr. Officer - Quality Assurance in Bangladesch
Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Yes. This is that Good!

5 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: I started using Matlab in 2013 as a student and after all these years, still now as a professional and researcher, I am not only using it without complaints but also recommending young engineers to use it. Although My area of expertise has elaborated to a great length, Matlab still meets all my demands and gives precise results to everything.
If you are trying to be a EEE researcher and looking for optimum analysis software, Bingo! You have got what you are looking for. Matlab it is! A total solution.

I cannot think of any modern Electrical Engineer without the knowledge of Matlab. From Electronics to Embedded major, everyone has to go through Matlab platform. Even in job requirements, it is mentioned as one of the major skills. Most of the Master's and Ph.D. scholars I know use Matlab as their primary source of simulation and analysis software. So what makes this platform so important to Engineers? (I am sure it is used by other professionals too! but I will write from my own perspective). Firstly, we can do any Numerical Analysis easily using simple codes and find out exact values. I have used other software as well, but Matlab has the advantages of additional tools libraries to assist in analysis. In Engineering college, we completed our Control System analysis and Digital Signal Processing solely depending on Matlab Platforms. I can assure you, compared to other processing software, Matlab is user-friendly and has a lot of YouTube tutorials where you can seek assistance from to complete your projects. I think the utmost advantage one can get from Matlab is using Simulink software. What an amazing tool for Load Flow and Power calculations. No other platform can provide such rigorous analysis and errorless answers in Power System, Control System, Numerical Analysis, Signal Processing and 3D analysis like Matlab do. It is really a whole package.

It is a giant expensive software and as a student or professional, a customer might not even require 5% of the total capacity. As this software comes in a total package, the installation process is tricky, takes a huge amount of memory of your computer, so you have to buy high-end processors for swift operations, and takes a lot of time to start. Again, mastering Matlab could take time because it requires coding and there are thousands of options to select for, which is a barrier for students and designers to get accustomed to easy analysis. It would be easy for everyone if Matlab releases smaller versions of the software specified for potential customers - This would reduce pricing, installation, and user complexity to a great length.

Research Assistant in Deutschland
Hochschulbildung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

The all in one science tool bundle

5 vor 2 Wochen Neu

This tool help me in all of my engineering tasks, mathematics tasks, post-processing tasks, and analysis task. It is a very useful tool for Engineers. All tasks are done with MATLAB with ease. A good wide range of libraries, packages and toolboxes. Highly versatile engineering and math tool. too much flexibility in doing tasks of engineering. It makes all of your math equation solution much easier.

It lacks proper dark mode. It is a highly used tool and still doesn't have a dark theme. It is costly for individuals if you are not an educator. With every updates coming every year, processing requirements are becoming more and more demanding and tool is becoming heavy on your computer.

Mohammed A.
Mohammed A.
telecom engineer in Jemen
Computer-Vernetzung, Selbstständig

Matlab review

3 vor 3 Wochen Neu

matlab software is complete for alots of things you can do with matlab any thing including designing, reporting, presenting and also reporting your project. the most that i like in matlab is that is gathering alots of things in one place.

the software is complete in my field i using to design single analysis systems and i am not getting any problems in software is the most accurate software

Graduate Research Assistant in USA
Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Best tool for simulation of power electronics and microgrid analysis with data visualization

5 vor 3 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: In a word, I used MatLab daily basis for my research work. Specifically, I used the Matlab program to optimize my designed models, simulate circuits, and validate my results. This is simply a great tool for engineering students.

The most important thing about software is the strong documentation to use it. I think I learned Matlab mostly after reading their helpful and easy documentation.

I mostly hate the size of this software, it has taken almost 50 GB of my space from my laptop. This is insane. I would be happy if they can reduce the size. Thank you

Student in Indien
E-Learning, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

An important software for enginnering projects

5 vor 2 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: I have been using this software from second year of my engineering and performed experiments which are related to simulation, problem solving, graphical analysis etc. Programming language is also easy so it is perfect software considering all aspects.

1. It comes with variety of features which one need while problem solving. 2. The simulation feature is unique and gives clear idea about real time project implementation. 3. One can perform any complex mathematical operation on matlab. 4. Graphical analysis of any equation can be performed using MATLAB. 5. Coding is simple and can be learned easily.

1. It is paid and expensive. 2. Size of the software is also too much so configuration of laptop/pc needs to be high enough to run it smoothly. 3. It is little bit complex, one should have enough practice to operate it perfectly.

Vivek P.
Vivek P.
Staff Software Engineer in UK
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Most Powerful tool for Simulation, Mathematical Modelling, Designing, Analytics and AI

5 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: Excellent and Most Powerful tool.

Too many enhanced features useful simulation of designs, too many mathematical libraries available which help you to create your models quite accurately and simulate those design on real time scenarios. Proficient tool for AI and Analytics as well

Quite complex setup and configuration. UI is not that much user-friendly.

Bruno A.
Bruno A.
Electromechanical engineer in Peru
Industrieautomation, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Great software to develop algorithms

4 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: It has been the easiest way to make algorithms and create models, it makes it easier for us to solve mathematical problems, as it has been to optimize the useful life of the solar panels we are building.

You can make develop any algorithm and create models on this platform. It's interface is very didactic and easy to use that allows us to reach the result in an efficient way since its processes are very easy to understand.

It's difficult to learn and very difficult to master. Has so many options that sometimes you just google a functions and copy paste it hoping it works.

Andrei P.
Andrei P.
Student in Brasilien
Bildungsmanagement, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

It is pricey but you get what you pay for.

4 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: Matlab is expensive, but it also offers a lot of features and is not so confusing as some of its competitors. I think it is the best math computation software.

Matlab has a strong customer support and a lot of information about it on the internet, it is the most reliable math computation software.

It can be quite expensive. If you lose your company/university license, it becomes pretty much inaccessible.

Alejandro S.
Alejandro S.
engineer in Ecuador
Öl & Energie, Selbstständig

Matlab, a fast way to solve everyday engineering problems

5 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: Where I have used Matlab the most is in control systems and for finite element problem solving, where it is required to solve large matrices and time is an important factor.
I have also used it to solve simple problems but with large systems of equations, which saves a lot of time.

What I like most about Matlab is the flexibility it has, it's like Excel on steroids. Although mathematical problems can be solved in excel, this usually takes time, so for complex exercises it is better to use matlab. In addition, code can be written for almost any problem and it can be integrated with other common programming languages.

Compared to other solutions like Wolfram Mathematica, the Matlab language is somewhat complex, so it's not as intuitive and requires some prior training to get started. Similarly, the cost of Matlab is somewhat high compared to its competition.

Tomasz P.
Network Engineer in Polen
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Great tool for academic purposes

5 vor 2 Wochen Neu

Great IDE for writing simulations. Toolset provided by MATLAB is comprehensive, easy to use.

Matlab is using a little bit to much memory. Licensing can be tricky and it's very expensive.

Akhil M.
Freelancer in Deutschland

Simple review of MATLAB

Kommentare: This is a beast programming, loaded with essential capacities and helpful bundles. Assuming that you're an architect or are contemplating to become one, you've very likely known about it somewhere around once. I've utilized it to recreate complex frameworks, to address incomplete differential conditions, direct frameworks and non straight conditions. I've involved it for straightforward coding reason and significantly more. In spite of the fact that it's precarious when you initially begin utilizing Matlab and it's partners, when you comprehend or glance through the gatherings it's going great. Remember whether you anticipate doing escalated examination/estimations that is all conceivable with Matlab which has been incredibly helpful for me yet you will require a decent PC.

Matlab has many apparatuses and libraries that permit the client to perform practices in view of mathematical investigation. Matlab is easy to understand and clean point of interaction apparatus that assists me with the entirety of my scholar and office work. MATLAB is essentially a coding programming. The coding language is exceptionally simple to self learn. Anyway an essential information on math and coding basics is required. Any individual who is recognizable in any programming language can get a handle on the methods of utilizing MATLAB. In this manner the codes can be fixed without any problem. This is a product that can be utilized in numerical displaying for in designing fields. In electrical designing the product can be utilized to mimic control frameworks. It additionally can be utilized to do complex computations that need numerous cycles. It works with the extraction of information from dominate designs. Most information are put away in dominates

However it has a clean and easy to use interface, it isn't fledgling agreeable. Any individual who needs to utilize it has some specialized information prior to utilizing it. Assuming you're utilizing matlab for diagramming information I see that the coding and execution of stylistics parts somewhat more convoluted than say utilizing Prism or R. At times text foundation looks dated and attempting to transform it takes much longer than it ought to. A truly decent component is the 3D charts that are delivered through Matlab however unfortunately they are quite difficult to move to reports and distributions except if you catch the diagram at a particular point or utilize a screen recording of turning the 3D diagram for show purposes.

Alessandro D.
Student in Italien
Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

One software for everything there is

Kommentare: This is a monster software, full of basic functions and useful packages. If you're an engineer or are studying to become one, you've almost certainly heard of it at least once. I've used it to simulate complex systems, to solve partial differential equations, linear systems and non linear equations. I've used it for simple coding purpose and a lot more.

This software is incredibly full of features of every kind... I've used it for some time now, as I'm an engineer student, but I may have not used even a 100th of it's full potential. Matlab is not a simple programming language: it's a complex environment with tons of integrations. You can write some simple code, ok (and by the way if you're familiar with some other basic programming codes, you'll get easily used to it); it's designed to solve primarily linear algebraic systems, but you can also solve partial differential equations, evaluate frequency response functions... if you use the Simulink package, even non linear equations in block diagrams can be solved! Talking about Simulink, which is one of the packages I use more frequently, you can get to study (real) or simulate (yet to be built) very complex systems in a short time thanks to the fact that there are tons of ready to use subsystems (like, just for the purpose of citing one, a DC motor). As I mentioned, there are many useful integrations but, depending on what you need to do, you wouldn't necessarily need them... for instance using Matlab, some mates of mine from Student Team I'm part of, have developed an algorithm to evaluate the experimental drag coefficient of our prototypes. One more important thing to cite is the documentation: you don't know something, you're gonna learn it in no time. There is an extended documentation for every command and the software is very well supported by a large community.

Concerning the price... since I'm a student and, thanks to the welfare politics of my university I have free access to the software, but I've heard that some packages could cost a bit. Anyway this is really one of the most difficult things for me to review... I think you should evaluate for yourself if it's worth the price by downloading the 30 days free trial. Except for this I can't say that I've really found anything wrong with the program.

Redaet D.
Redaet D.
Microscopy Technican in Kanada
Forschung, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

A must use in the biological world

Kommentare: I use Matlab personally to get quantitative data from micrscopy images. This allows me to report details in strucure and migration for cellular biology images. Although it's tricky when you first start using Matlab and it's counterparts, once you understand or look through the forums it's smooth sailing. Keep in mind if you plan on doing intensive analysis/calculations that's all possible with Matlab which has been extremly benefical for me but you will need a good computer. I find that some users play the software for lag/delays but Matlab is calculating such complex and small detailed analysis that the computer creates the delay in communication back to them. Overall without this program I would not have been able to 1)finish my Masters thesis and 2)provide support to my customers with my current job.

Matlab's additional plugins and programming abilities has helped with my research analysis incredibly. It's allowed me to measure details that have not been reported in the past and has allowed me to learn more about coding language. I used a plugin known as celltracker. When doing so I was able to launch and see the additional coding. This helped me customize other scripts I later created for my work because I was able to see the backbone scripts through matlab. It's a lot more user friendly than other softwares like Fiji or R but because the language is similar it made it for an easier transition for me personally.

If you're using matlab for graphing data I find that the coding and implementation of stylistics components a bit more complicated than say using Prism or R. Sometimes text background looks dated and trying to change it takes a lot longer than it should. A really nice feature is the 3D graphs that are produced through Matlab but sadly they are pretty hard to transfer to reports and publications unless you capture the graph at a specific angle or use a screen recording of turning the 3D graph for presentation purposes.

Catherine E.
Student in Neuseeland
E-Learning, Selbstständig

Easy to use, Excellent documentation but Expensive Tool

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: If you are student, I would recommend that if you are interested in using this software, take note if your institution has a license to it and if you can get access to it that way. I would also recommend you identify what you expect to do with it and if you have the capabilities of running it.
I would primarily recommend this to professionals with decent computing power available to them and with large datasets to analyze and visualize.
Overall, I found that it was very easy to use and the documentation was easy to understand (even for a newbie like me).

Downloading and Installing Matlab was easy and simple. It was also quite easy to get started even as some one who was learning it as one of my first coding platforms. It is a platform that is heavily focused on data analysis and computing so this platform is NOT for developers or people looking to create an end-user product. I would recommend it for anyone with large datasets that can be represented or comprises of numbers. The documentation and community forum were excellent and often contained really helpful tools. The were a robust community file exchange that was amazing for finding code for specific tasks. Overall it was very easy to debug and learn thanks to the amount of great resources for it.

The greatest disadvantage of this software is probably the cost. Buying an individual license for the software is expensive and I would recommend that if this seems like the coding platform for you, you should check if your company or institution already has a access to it. It should also be noted that whilst the software has run on all of the computers I've installed it on, the wait time for it to load and allow you to get started can get quite long. The computing resources required to run it (depending on your needs) can also be prohibitively be large and since it is a propriety program there were no readily available cloud computing services that I could sign up to, to offload the computing. Short of renting server space and running a virtual machine, there were nothing like google colab for python for Matlab for example. The size of the program can also balloon in size if you download and install the add-on toolboxes without considering if you really need it or not.

Student in Pakistan
Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung, Selbstständig

MATLAB, One Solution to all Engineering and Mathematical problems.

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: My overall experience with MATLAB is so good. It has so many good points that If I would highlight each and every point so the maximum word limit would cross So in a nutshell If someone wants one solution to all Engineering and Mathematical problem he/she should must try and install this software to feel the peace in life as you don't need to have so many software for different tasks to perform, MATLAB is there to help you in all fields.

When I just entered University, In the very first semester I was introduced to this software by my instructor. Initially, I learnt to apply basic mathematical formulas like taking derivatives, solving matrices etc but then almost in each semester I used this software in one way or another that's why I used to call MATLAB, one solution to all Engineering and Mathematical problems. We can solve all kind of mathematical problems either integration, differentiation etc on MATLAB. It also provides its user to simulate electrical, mechanical etc system on it. This software is verified and because of its high quality, we can simulate our designed projects on it and once that design project provides the desired output on MATLAB, then that projects implementation on hardware and the output will not deviate from the outputs we have gotten on MATLAB that's why often students use MATLAB for their final year projects. Besides, its other features it also provides the GUI functionality which I have incorporated in several projects. The mathematical techniques like Fourier series and Laplace transform etc, MATLAB provides the ease to implement it and get the infinite plotted results and better interpret the results by visualizing the data, not only two dimensional but also three-dimensional graphs can also be plotted on MATLAB. Above all, it provides the facility of coding and producing the desired result. So I said rightly it is one Solution to all Engineering and Mathematical Problems.

Overall the performance of MATLAB is quite good, it user friendly but the only problem which I have encountered is the installation process. As it is a bulky software so its installation requires approximately two to three hours of yours and have to follow the guideline which is provided in the software as in read me files etc. to easily install this software so this is the main task. Once You have Installed the software now you are good to go to enjoy its immense features.

Khoubeib B.
Student in Italien
Fluggesellschaften/Luftfahrt, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Matlab use Review

4 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: i'm satistified in the overall experience but i would appreciate that they add some tools to make it more intuitive and easy to use especially for understanding what the problem are and where are they exactly, also their types more intuitive and precise .

it is a easy use product that you cant use almsot for porjects with teams and it is helping a lot in doing work in distance, we even did exams using this tool so i recommand so much.

i don't like just one thing about it, it is in the use command interactive menu, for example, there is a lot of tools that we can't use, it's not so intuitive sometimes and most of the time there is some problems to understand what the problem is exactly when you have a code error.

Caleb W.
Caleb W.
Post Doc Researcher in USA
Forschung, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

High quality, but not an automatic buy

Kommentare: MATLAB is a high quality and generally valuable for computational science and engineering. Nevertheless, it is sometimes hard to get MATLAB to do exactly what you need, due to missing features or a confusing programming interface. In the latter connection, its programming interface is sub-par relative to languages like Python and C++. Large organizations with wide-ranging and intensive computational needs may find it well worth the price. For small organizations, however, I don't think it is an automatic buy -- probably worth giving serious consideration to cheaper or open-source tools first.

MATLAB has a wide range of tools and capabilities that are valuable to computational scientists. Many features are general purpose (e.g., standard linear algebra routines, data processing tools, interfacing with other programming languages) and can be adapted to a variety of use cases. So I feel that one can count on it remaining useful even if an organization's computing needs change over time. It is a standard tool and widely used, so one can count on its reliability and portability. Due to its large userbase, it is also easy to find documentation and help information online (beyond MATLAB's own documentation).

I find the MATLAB programming language nonintuitive. Some features seem to be optimized for command line execution, i.e. statement-by-statement, and not for writing longer scripts and external dependencies. Someone accustomed to standard object-oriented programming (C++ as an example) may be frustrated programming with MATLAB. Their graphing and plotting is not bad, but it is does lack some desirable features. It has happened several times that I wanted to configure graphical output in a particular way, and MATLAB simply lacked the capability. So if graphical visualization is extremely important to your use case, I would recommend leaving room in your budget for a separate graphics software.

Gianetan S.
Gianetan S.
Assistant Professor in Computer Applications in Indien
Forschung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

The Harbinger of Engineering Research

Kommentare: MATLAB has been at the centerstage of our academic activities in general and research in particular. It has helped in solving research problems in the area of image processing. Medical diagnosis of various diseases, object recognition and character recognition are some specific areas in which MATLAB has been really useful. Now I am also researching in the area of data science. I have found it to be surprisingly and pleasantly useful in this area although people are making use of Python and its libraries and R for this purpose.

The abstraction of best of the cutting edge techniques scaled down to function level makes it powerhouse of research in the field of science and engineering. Input of data in the form of matrices make it intuitive to use and visualization of data makes it an extension of your own mind. It doesn't take much time before it gets you working with the lifeless data transforming it useful insights.

The black box approach of using functions wherein you are aware what the input and output of function is but not its source code is a double edge sword. Whereas it makes it easy to use the function per se but it also makes it difficult to customize software. The source code of the commonly used functions should be available.

Ashkan B.
Research Assistant in USA
Tiefbau, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Essential for research

Kommentare: I am a research assistant and I use MATLAB for different purposes. In fact, I have used MATLAB extensively for the last 4 years. MATLAB is one of the pioneers in mathematical programming, and one of the first things every engineer needs to learn. Researchers all over the world use MATLAB to solve mathematically complex problems and publish journal articles every day. Like any other programming language, there is a learning curve for MATLAB, but as someone who has tried different programming languages, I believe that MATLAB is one of the easiest yet most powerful coding languages. The great experience of the MathWorks team has made MATLAB almost perfect; however, as recently other programming languages are getting more popular, MATLAB needs to catch up with them.

MATLAB has a long list of useful commands. With these commands, one can edit text, solve complicated math problems, process images, and many more applications. Basically, any problem that is in some way related to numbers can be implemented in MATLAB. There are several useful built-in apps and toolboxes, such as signal processing, machine learning, optimization, etc. These built-in toolboxes are very handy and easy to use. MATLAB has one of the most comprehensive and helpful documentation I have ever seen. For any command available in MATLAB, you can find at least one example that shows every aspect of using that command. Even if you cannot find the answer to any of your issues, there are many people on the internet that can help you. As MATLAB has been around for a long time, there is a great community of MATLAB users all over the world. MathWorks has provided an official forum and it is called MATLAB central. In this platform, users can ask their questions and problems and they can share codes in the “File Exchange” section. It is almost impossible to face an issue and not finding the answer in MATLAB central. One of the good points about using MATLAB is that it frequently gets updated. These updates do not change the way user interacts with the software, and that is another positive point, because after all these years I am used to the user interface.

One of the downsides of MATLAB compared to other available coding platforms is its outdated code editor. There are many features that can be added to the editor section, such as the column text editor, and different themes. I personally love my workspace to be dark, and one of the first things I try to change in every programming platform is its theme. Although there are some personalization options available, they are far from being perfect and customizable. Collaboration or sharing the codes with other users seems to be a must nowadays, as most of the programming platforms provide this feature. Additionally, I believe the loading time of MATLAB should be improved.

Surendrika N.
Surendrika N.
Student in Sri Lanka

MATLAB for complex maths

Kommentare: I have used MATLAB for three years. In those years I have learned about MATLAB as well as I used it to solve so many mathematical problems. It is reliable, fast and also easy to use. The majority of engineering students as well as scientist are using MATLAB to achieve their purposes. But the person, who is going to use MATLAB to achieve his purposes, should have a proper knowledge about MATLAB. If someone uses MATLAB for solving very easy mathematical problems, I think it is unnecessary thing. According to my knowledge I think we should have proper understanding on that language to get more benefits.

As we all know, we use so many programing languages like c, java, MATLAB, HTML to communicate instructions to a machine. When we consider about benefits of MATLAB, it is very faster as well as comprehensive. Engineering students most probably use MATLAB for solving complex mathematical problems. But this language is also very familiar among scientist because it also eases their works. MATLAB provides helps to user for facilitating their tasks. It has so many syntax and keywords for different mathematical purposes. It gives us a chance to create functions as our needs. Therefore we can make functions to solve problems depending on our mathematical problems. MATLAB can be used as a calculator and it is very reliable. So the point of my view, as a person who is using MATLAB, I think it is very essential for engineering students.

Though MATLAB is very essential to engineering and other students when solving mathematical problems there are some difficulties with it. It has great number of keywords for arithmetic. So it is difficult to memories all those keywords when solving problems. And if we get an error in our code I think it is somewhat difficult to debug. And the other thing is the time it takes to give us the answer. MATLAB is an interpreted language, so that it is slower than a compiled language. It means MATLAB takes some time to give us the answer. We have to wait for the answer. It cannot be bought freely and also people should have knowledge about MATLAB before it use otherwise it is not easy to work with this language.

Supun S.
Supun S.
Student in Sri Lanka

MATLAB - Matrix Laboratory

Kommentare: I recommend MATLAB if you handle heavy mathematical problems in your career. Otherwise it is not needed for a person who handles complex mathematical problems rarely because of the high cost. This software is especially suitable for engineers, scientists and mathematicians. Since MATLAB is fast, powerful and accurate software, those people can ease their work using MATLAB. MATLAB can be highly recommended for the data analysis purposes because the software gives out very accurate output for the processed raw data. MATLAB is a great tool for the commercial use, but not for the personal use.

MATLAB is a programming language specially designed for mathematical works. From this software we can interact with complex mathematical problems such as matrix problems, functions, data analysis, plotting graphs, signal processing and much more complex engineering and scientific problems. Lots of mathematical functions are built-in with MATLAB. They can be use directly to solve our problems as our need. If the needed function is not available built-in, we can create one and save it for future use. Special keyword called “help” is designed in MATLAB to find the meaning of unknown keywords and how to use that keyword (i.e. If we want to find the meaning of keyword det, help det shows the meaning of keyword det and what can we done using this keyword. Also it shows how to use this keyword in MATLAB). There is a mobile application developed for MATLAB. We can solve some of the mathematical operations that are not much complex with the use of mobile application also. This option helped me a lot when the PC or laptop is not with me. Another advantage of MATLAB is the advanced user interface comes with software that eases the process of coding and debugging.

Since MATLAB is used to compute complex mathematical operations, there are many functions, keywords and syntaxes are used in MATLAB. Therefore it is difficult to remember all these functions, keywords and syntaxes in our mind. Much time is required for the installation process of the software even in a high end computer. Same issue happens when executing the program also. We have to wait some time until the MATLAB is loaded before working on it. Also it uses higher amount of RAM. Because of this we cannot run MATLAB smoothly in a low end computer. Since MATLAB is mathematic related software it cannot be used as general purpose programming language. MATLAB is commercial software and the cost for the software also very high. Therefore it is not worthy if we buy it without a proper knowledge on MATLAB and how to get the maximum output from the software.

Muhammad A.
Engineering technician in Südafrika
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Matlab: The multi-paradigm computing software tool

Kommentare: Matlab is an extremely powerful system modelling tool and development environment. Students and professionals that work in the engineering and science backgrounds will find this software invaluable.

The software allows users to perform complex computations (linear algebra, differential equations, integration transforms etc), system modelling, and develop programmed algorithms that can be executed and simulated. I used this software from my undergraduate days, whilst studying electronic engineering, to compute state space models of control systems and visually analyse control loops from their transfer functions using Matlab's programming script feature and graphing capabilities. I also used it to quickly develop, simulate (using the Simulink toolbox add-on), graphically observe and fine tune the performance of a PID controller which was much easier and quicker than manually calculating and plotting the solutions. Numerous mathematical processes that usually require multiple steps can be executed by a single prebuilt command on Matlab, e.g the [x , y] = cart2pol(theta, r) command converts Cartesian co-ordinates into polar co-ordinates; this greatly simplifies the programming and mathematical input required by the user. Since its latest update (R2019a), Matlab is fully capable of developing, simulating and training deep neural networks, autonomous systems and a lot more.

Due to its extensive capabilities, this software can be complicated and over whelming for first time users. The complexity also inflates the memory requirements of the software. The syntax, notation and structure to input commands requires some time to get used to. Sometimes, when trying to achieve certain calculations, it leads to error messages that require some time to understand and correct. In fact, users need to understand the basic rules of linear algebra first (matrix multiplication, addition etc) in order to perform calculations because this program treats all numerical inputs as vectors/matrices. Users will also need to have some programming capabilities in order to fully utilize the computational capabilities of this software, which is similar in structure to C programming, using the propriety programming language that is developed by MathWorks.

Chiranjib S.
Chiranjib S.
Summer Intern in USA
Telekommunikation, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Essential for Engineers

Kommentare: I started with matlab from my undergrad days and still use it on daily basis for simulations and numerical analysis in my research work. Many industries (like the cellular network industry) heavily rely on Matlab for system level simulations. In my opinion, translating a pseudo code of any given algorithm to a working program is very easy in Matlab.

Matlab is an essential scientific computing environment. It is a must have for all students studying science and engineering. The pros are-- 1. Easy manipulation of matrices. This is actually the main power of matlab. 2. Very intuitive way of writing program with no hassle of bookkeeping about data types, memory management, variable declarations etc which are essential for other programming languages. 3. Debugging tool is very easy to use. 4. One best feature is the GUI window for managing figures. A user can switch between the gui and the underlying code for generating any figures. This unique feature is absent in many of the advanced programming languages (like python or R, at least in the basic setup!)

The main problem is that it is not free. While the other open source languages have caught up Matlab in terms of ease of usage and availability of packages, Matlab is suffering due to its proprietary nature. A standard distribution of Matlab comes with a set of packages. For the other packages, one has to pay Mathworks for getting access. On the other hand, in Python or R, there are multiple packages available online and everything is free to use. After the recent boom in AI and machine learning, almost everyone has shifted to python to use the popular open source libraries released by several sources. Matlab being a proprietary software is failing to catch up to this fast evolving open source world!

Asad A.
Student in Pakistan
Hochschulbildung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

About working of matlab

Kommentare: I would state I've been utilizing MATLAB reliably for around 3 years, since my first year in doctoral level college. In undergrad, I may have utilized it a couple of times for a homework set. I say "I may have" in light of the fact that I don't exactly recollect that anything about it aside from that I had an establishment circle. My involvement in programming before MATLAB was some BASIC from youth and a smidgen of Pascal from a few courses in undergrad. My alumni counsel was an overwhelming MATLAB client, and my underlying knowledge with it included disentangling his MATLAB code for doing a few plots. In the meantime, I was taking a controls course which expected me to learn Simulink.

I esteem MATLAB. It is so smart and easy to make programming to do what you require. It has amazing exploring and profiling devices. It is cross stage, making code easy to share (expecting alternate people have forked out for the not by any stretch of the imagination unobtrusive allow). It has interfaces to other programming. In any case, there are a couple of things about it that chafe me. I'd get a kick out of the opportunity to get warning from different people what things aggravate them about MATLAB.

Supplanting subsref and subsasgn in a class is greatly awkward. The issue is this. Expect you override subsref with the true objective to change lead of obj(...). By then your subsref is moreover required the dialect structure obj.propname. With the objective for it to manage this viably (i.e. carry on the proportional as the intrinsic subsref) it needs to reimplement all of the checks for access confirmations that are normally done by the system. For precisely how precarious this is, see our rep's answer for my request here. Beside this genuine inconvenience, it's furthermore inefficient for each subsref to need to switch on the requesting type ('.', '()', or '{}') on each call, and for the system to need to collect a struct that joins the requesting type and furthermore the rundowns. To the degree I can see, it would be so much better if the various requesting accentuations called three unmistakable procedures.

Carlos M.
Docente de Matemáticas in Venezuela
11-50 Mitarbeiter

It is an excellent dynamic software to make programs and graphs of simple and complex calculations.

Kommentare: the benefits with matlab has been very satisfactory because through this software I managed to perform four regression programs: Linear Regression (least squares methods), Nonlinear Regression (Newton and Rhapson, Ascending Steps and Marquart). This program served to present the work of promotion in the university, which consisted in taking the data of a researcher on the behavior of the size of the fish with respect to the time and to estimate the parameters of the mathematical model exponential of Von Bertalaffi to find the mathematical expression that calculates the length of a fish. The program made three functional representations: the analytical, the tabular and the graphical. With this program I was able to manipulate the data, change colors, thicknesses of the lines, place the main title and title to the axes, in addition, the results could be exported to the word processor for the final report. This program has also provided me with tools for teaching calculus with analytical geometry (subject of functions), differential and integral calculus, with the possibility of manipulating the results and visualizing their changes when changes are made in the functional analytical representation. With this strategy the student has a greater possibility to reflect on the representations of the functions and their results. When I had difficulties to perform a complex calculation or use advanced programs I was supported by the documentation included in the help window, where there is a great variety of programming examples and software commands.

It is a language of high level of technical computing that facilitates simple and complex numerical calculations, which also allows the graphic visualization in 3D and 2D of them. It has a wide application in scientific studies. Integrates numerical analysis and matrix calculation where problems are expressed in the same way. It has specialized programs called toolboxes highlighting in the area of teaching basic mathematics, financial mathematics, statistics, simulation of dynamic systems, among others. It is an ideal software to develop advanced control systems in the engineering area. Allows the control of fonts, Greek letters, symbols, subscripts and superscripts. Make presentations with animation, with supports of colors as it is desired by the user. It allows you to make impressions both of the created program, the calculation made, of the 2D and 3D graphics, results table. It allows to export and import images, graphs, tables and mathematical expressions. You can enter and extract data from the fmatlab quickly. It has a wide range of linear algebra functions, specialized mathematical functions, logical and arithmetic operators, elementary matrices and vector manipulation, special matrices, basic statistics and data analysis, polynomials and interpolation. It has a help folder for software operation through a manual that allows it to be used by all types of beginner users or not.

The software despite having a documentation of its commands: description, characteristics and access, it is necessary for the user to understand that to create a program and can be manipulated: change data, formulas, presentation of results, fix badly scheduled lines , you must first execute the tutorm command to save the file where you want it, and then return to the saved file and execute other commands, this process requires a lot of practice and for some users it is complicated, therefore they stop using it. have extensive knowledge of the integrals and their methods to solve.