Ease of learning, use and amazing customer service!

Bewertet am 27.10.2016
Cindy F.
Director of Operations/Senior Consutlanf
Personalwesen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Our consulting company HR Annie Consulting began using HiringThing for one of our clients a few years ago. Ever since, even though we get exposed to other programs, Hiring Thing is our #1 recommendation. Even clients who we no longer consult, remain loyal users of this platform for recruiting, applicant tracking and retention of their candidate files.
Another thing I love about Hiring Thing is that their team is always conscientious and open to their user's ideas for improving what is already great! When they make an upgrade or add on a service, I have never had significant downtime learning or acclimating to any changes.
The customer service from their team is quick, responsive and proactive in helping our team find solutions to increase our applicant pool, which for hard to fill positions has been invaluable!

Vorteile: There are a lot of tools and they are easy to use. Whenever I've had a question about anything, their team has been really helpful.

Nachteile: The price and options keep changing so it's hard when we are a pass through agreement with our clients and suddenly have to charge them more...even worse, when we don't catch it and aren't passing the cost through. Maybe a different rate package for companies that are referring use for tithed clients or a referral bonus??

von HiringThing an 29.11.2016

Thank you for your review Cindy. I'll have someone from our team reach out because we do have a referral program that might be of interest. Also we apologize for any frustration that our pricing optimizations have caused you. We're constantly working to make sure that our plans and features meet the evolving needs of our customers. We think that joining the referral program will help eliminate any pricing issues you experience with your clients.

Strong features, engaging interface, great customer service, improved results

Kathleen D.
Executive HR Business Advisor

Vorteile: I both recruit and use this ATS across multiple high tech clients. No other ATS had this feature. HiringThing provides easy of use for hiring managers, affordability and a solid platform of features for savvy recruiters. With more use is more enjoyment, I especially appreciate the larger resume view area. Other ATS are clunky in comparison. My first time ATS user clients/managers find it easy to use and I appreciate the extensive options. We've come to rely on the notes area which provides a snapshot of activity timeline and interview notes. The help/tutorial area is robust, engaging and effective for quick How Tos. I began using their background check provider- Crimcheck- easy to set-up, pricing is 40% lower than HireRight and easy to access internally with two clicks at the candidate profile. Our results- better social media presence & sourcing, ease of scheduling interviews and effective hiring manager and candidate communication produced better qualified candidates and faster overall hiring.

Nachteile: These are small and most could be solved if I ask questions or check their extensive Help Area- 1. preview outgoing messages. 2. Adding a ready to use and change employment application would help clients who have a solid payroll system but don't have or use an HRIS system. Woofoo does not seem to be sufficient.

Overall a good low cost Applicant Tracking Software

Bewertet am 17.7.2018
James F.
Senior Manager Operations

Vorteile: * Very reasonable pricing options in comparison to comparable softwares
* Customizable options to meet your business needs
* Easy to setup job postings and to get them posted, also able to save profiles and recreate the posting as needed

Nachteile: * Hard to track a candidate who has applied multiple times to different positions and the notes that are taken for the profile on one position is not readily available when candidate is screened by another recruiter for a different position;
* Widget does not allow any form of sorting on your home webpage screen. The most recent position goes to the top of the list. No option to split postings between say front line positions vs. management positions;
* Screening questions can be bypassed by indeed.com's "apply now" button, so screening question is not consistently adhered to;
* The functions of rating a New Applicant candidate moves them immediately to a the Rated Applicant without allowing for the option to move them there or archive them;
* Weak filtering of international applicants

von HiringThing an 19.7.2018

Thank you for your review. I've passed your feedback on to our development team.

Fast, Easy to Use, No Frills

Johnny C.
Founding Principal / Recruiter
Personalbeschaffung & -besetzung, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I am an independent recruiter and value fast, easy to use, nice user experience over customization, features, and workflows. HiringThing has worked great for me. It probably does not meet the needs for a larger company due to its lack of a search interface (or a usable one I should say). But if you are simply looking for a resume repository and to provide candidates a great, simple experience when they apply to jobs, this is a great solution! Their customer service is on point as well. I have spoken with their support team and seen code changes implemented within 24 hours. Not that I expected that, but that is quite a customer focused team they have.

Vorteile: ease of use, responsiveness, fast, good candidate experience, easy to implement with career portal

Nachteile: lack of really any in depth features, search, workflow customization. But I'm not looking for that at this time anyways.

von HiringThing an 29.11.2016

Thank you for your review. We value your feedback! We offer enhanced search and workflow customization options select plan levels. If you ever have a need for these features in the future, please don't hesitate to contact our customer support team.

Intuitive, Effective and GETS RESULTS! Seriously, HT Makes My Days Easier!

Bewertet am 26.3.2019
James G.
Director of Sales Ops
Bildungsmanagement, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I love HiringThing's CS, they are always open to ideas on improvement and will really talk to you about this with their clients. They are always seeking feedback. When they make an upgrade or add on a new service, I can usually pick it up, but If I do need help they have a lot of tools AND their Customer Service team is very responsive. They make sure "we" understand AND CAN USE their S/W!!

Vorteile: HT makes the hiring process simple, intuitive, and effective, which results in happy new employees and hiring managers. HT took a lot of manual processes and streamlined / automated them! It's Intuitive and by that I mean that EVERYTHING is right there at your finger-tips! The ATS or Applicant Tracking System just cannot be beat, it really does tell you where everyone is IN the process! TO recap: Simple-to-use, automated past-manual tasks, price is fair and it MAKES MY JOB EASIER!

Nachteile: There a couple: First "Rating a New Applicant" can go down a rabbit-hole as you cannot move them once they are defined as "A Rated Applicant." Also it can be hard to track a candidate who has applied multiple times to different positions. I would like to see the ability to sort from my Homepage screen, as only the most-recent position goes to the top of the list.

Highly Recommend

Bewertet am 16.9.2019
Danielle S.
HR Generalist
Groߟhandel, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I'm able to focus on other aspects of building the foundation for our HR department, culture, and employee relations because of how much time this system saves me from an administrative standpoint, onboarding, hiring, etc. Additionally, my hiring teams are able to take a much more active role in the hire process and we have seen a higher rate of retention because we are able to find the right people, for the right roles.

Vorteile: This ATS is the most robust, user-friendly system I have used in my career. It has streamlined my recruiting process, and allows me to have everything I need at my fingertips. Additionally, with the communication occurring within the system, my hiring teams are able to work much more collaboratively together and truly find the right candidate for each of our roles. We have explored other ATS options as we moved from one PEO to the next, and we chose to keep HiringThing as a stand-alone because we have not found anything comparable. It is exactly what a hiring team needs to truly build the best candidate pools, pipelines, and future teams.

Nachteile: Honestly, nothing, but it would be nice to have a text messaging option for communication.

Recommend HiringThing to our clients

Becky F.
HR Consultant
Personalwesen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I work in HR consulting and we do a lot of recruiting and/or train recruiting strategies. We recommend HiringThing to all of our clients. It is a great, user friendly platform and Bunnie our rep is quick and super helpful with questions and job board research. Great product.

Vorteile: Service and user friendly. Application management

Nachteile: Wish the cover letters and resumes looked like the originals without having to download them.

von HiringThing an 29.11.2016

Thank you for your review Becky! We appreciate you being part of the HiringThing family. We appreciate your feedback on the display of resumes and cover letters and we're happy to let you know that we currently working on enhancements to the Applicant Viewer and the entire applicant review experience.

Great value for the money!

Carmela B.
HR Manager

Vorteile: It's very user-friendly and intuitive. It was super easy to roll out and the managers were able to quickly learn how to navigate through the system. I love how you can do everything in one place from scheduling interviews to extending offers to running a background check and hiring someone.

Nachteile: I wish there was a way they could refresh your job posting more often. If you don't post at the exact right time and don't get enough hits initially, you could end up with a lack of candidates to choose from.

Good Software. Great customer support

Bewertet am 12.10.2016
Janhavi P.
Accounting Manager
Medienproduktion, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Customer support is SUPURB! As soon as I send them an email, they reply back within the next 10 minutes. And they are available on the phone without the "your call is important to us". Most of the money spent feels well spent because of their customer support.
The software is fairly easy to use. There are certain functionalities that can be accessed through two routes such as messaging candidates and setting appointments. It took me a while to figure those out and discover that one route was better than other. I would have liked it if the status of the applicants had changed right after certain action was taken automatically. But I have to do it manually, not a big issue though, I can see why that might be counter productive as well.
If you are hiring on an ongoing basis with a dedicated person managing the hiring, it is great value for money. For us it is a bit of an overkill. However, we got a lot of applicants for the few positions that we advertised through hiring thing. Mostly it served our purpose of having the screening questions into application form. Would have liked it if all the applicant info could be emailed automatically to the hiring manager as an optional feature, but had to do it manually. On the other hand, because there was a platform, an admin person could easily do the job of emailing.
Overall I am pleased with the product and would recommend it to a first time user of applicant tracking system.
Another great feature: It has never crashed on me!

good product overall at a very good price

Bewertet am 13.7.2018
Search Division Manager
Personalwesen

Vorteile: Pretty easy to use and self-explanatory - don't need a lot of tutorials, etc. Visually very appealing (easy to read and understand, clean lay out).

Nachteile: would like to be able to customize stages for each opening. While it offers a "schedule function" it does not seem to work very well (do what I would like it to do). Wish I could integrate our openings with Ladders.

von HiringThing an 19.7.2018

Thank you for your review. We are definitely open to adding additional integration that will enhance the efficiency of your hiring process. Please feel free to reach out to our support team to discuss further, support@hiringthing.com.

Solid simple user-friendly ATS with some advanced features not usually offered

Joseph W.
HR Admin Coordinator
Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Faster screening time--can find most viable applicants quickly.

Vorteile: Screening applicants based on "knockout questions," using tags based on applicant answers, scanning resumes for keywords. The software interface is also very straightforward and easy to navigate. The last ATS I used was clunky and cumbersome for tasks that should not require so much work to figure out how to do. The "Help" page is also very instructional.

Nachteile: Wish company pages had more customization, and that customer service had a faster response rate to my phone calls/emails.

We've used this product since 2012 and are very happy.

Agnes Z.
Executive Director
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Quick, easy, affordable way to post positions, sort candidates, store information.

Vorteile: Easy to use and train new people to use; keeps all of the information in one place. Allows us to find candidates from previous jobs for new positions.

Nachteile: We didn't set up "tags" originally and now have over 100 job searches we've completed. These two things can make it hard to organize.

Best bang for the buck

Greg L.
Sales Recruiting Manager
Bau, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I searched long and hard for an ATS that would give me all of the functionality I needed, for all fo the departments within our company. Not only was the HiringThing the best solution, the pricing made it a no-brainer for me. What has been equally surprising is the awesome support and customer service.

Vorteile: It works, is easy to use and is very cost effective. Allows candidate sharing across the enterprise

Nachteile: not really a complaint but its not a scalable as I'd like and some functionality is lacking. Overall it does 95% of what I'd like it to do

von HiringThing an 29.11.2016

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback. Our product road map for 2017 is focused on evolving our feature set and making enhancements that will continue to support both growing and large companies. We'd love your feedback as launch these new features.

HiringThing

Bewertet am 9.12.2019
Hailey L.
HR Business Partner
Personalwesen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall, I enjoy using HiringThing. It is user friendly and looks nice. Having integration with Indeed with dramatically improve my user experience.

Vorteile: I like that it is integrated into our system. It makes it very easy to access it and hire people directly through HiringThing into our payroll system.

Nachteile: I use Indeed quite often. The think I like the least is the fact that I can not post directly to Indeed through HiringThing. The only option I have is to post directly on Indeed and import candidates into Hiring Thing.

von HiringThing an 11.12.2019

Thank you so for your review, Hailey. We do have an integration that will allow you to post your jobs to Indeed through our software. A member of our client services team will be reaching out, as we have made some recent changes and want to ensure you have the feature enabled on your account.

A great product with excellent customer service and flexibility!

Bewertet am 31.5.2016
Jacki T.
Personalbeschaffung & -besetzung
3.5 / 5
3.5 / 5

Vorteile: Hiring Thing is very unique in that their customer service team is phenomenally good and very quick to get back to you. They are very flexible with taking into consideration your suggestions and turning them into real features of their product. Up until recently, they did not have an option to do video interviews from within the platform, but now they have implemented it and it's quite a good functionality. They are a small company competing in a saturated market, but they are doing a great job!

Nachteile: The main thing that we don't like with HiringThing compared to the best product we've seen on the market for Applicant Tracking, is the lack of an interactive pipeline view for the hiring stages.

Great product

Ricky C.

Kommentare: Efficiency

Vorteile: Having all of the candidates in one place, messaging templates and HTML for widget to use on our website.

Nachteile: A lot of services like InDeed have similar features now for free or much less. Also when posting through Hiring Thing, sites like InDeed don't recognize it's us and don't link to our company profile.

I use this software with clients and we all find it very user friendly

Lucie L.
Principal
Bildungsmanagement, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I'm able to run my search consulting business using this software

Vorteile: The ease of looking at the information and the ability to sort the information and find all applications by the same person.

Nachteile: The lack of flexibility in the app on my iPad and iPhone. That needs improvement although I do appreciate that there is an app.

Was a beta user way back and have continued to use as a paying customer for many years.

Bewertet am 13.7.2018
Meg B.
Director of HR

Kommentare: streamlines the recruiting process

Vorteile: Super helpful to aggregate applicants and keep the process moving forward with various hiring managers in multiple locations.

Nachteile: Not too sure there is something I really dislike. I know there are additional features that I haven't tapped into yet.

von HiringThing an 19.7.2018

Thank you for your review!

Better than using nothing

Bewertet am 28.12.2016
Talent Acquisition HR Specialist
Architektur & Planung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Kommentare: We have used this program, which is an improvement over nothing but have found some serious issues with using it.
It will send emails out to subscribers about new jobs that haven't been published. Every one of your subscribers will know about a job if Tuesday rolls around and you are still working on the draft with managers. It really makes things messy when it happens to be a job that somebody is going to be terminated from but hasn't actually been informed yet.
It also does not keep a record of the offer letter you send out. You will get it listed in the files ONLY if the applicant accepts and signs the letter. The letter is off in limbo if they don't sign it.

Vorteile: It's better than using nothing at all.

Nachteile: It has an all or nothing mentality when it comes to features.
No way to block duplicate applicants based on email addresses.
No way to track offer letter sent until it is signed and accepted.
Will publish job postings automatically, even though the ad was not actually published by the user.
Applicants skip qualifying questions when they apply through indeed.

von HiringThing an 3.1.2017

We greatly appreciate your feedback and apologize for any issues that you have experienced. In order to remove jobs from the subscriber notification emails, there is a "Hide Listing" option under the Advanced Options on the job listing, that will do this for you. Someone from our Customer Success team will be reaching out very soon to address this and any other questions or concerns you may have. We value you as a customer and strive to do whatever it takes to make hiring better and easier for you.

HiringThing makes managing search processes and communications with candidates more efficient.

Kalin D.
Senior Director of Operations
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: This has really streamlined the organizations ability to manage multiple hiring processes without losing track of candidates. Ease of communications internally and with candidates has improved and the efficiency allows us to focus less on logistics and more on finding top talent.

Vorteile: It's easier to communicate with candidates, track where candidates are on the process, and share information with other hiring committee members. I appreciate a separate platform so this doesn't get lost in Email.

Nachteile: I wish the EEOC information could be used to better track candidate demographics over time or by search.
I wish there was a way to automate archiving incomplete applications.

HiringThing has been integral in changing our recruiting efforts for our entire organization.

Holli F.
Director, Recruiting

Vorteile: We used a different ATS prior to HiringThing and did not find it to be nearly as user-friendly for both the applicant and the managers. We were losing potential candidates because it was too complicated. HiringThing has completely changed that.

Nachteile: The only feedback I have is to make the user interface a little more friendly for multiple positions.

Good overall experience using Hiring Thing

Vickie J.
HR Manager
Übersetzung und Lokalisierung, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Able to recruit for companies across the country.

Vorteile: Ease of use. The dashboard is very user friendly and allows easy navigation. The search tool using applicant's names is a very helpful feature that I use often.

Nachteile: At this time, I don't have anything in particular that stands out as a con. I use this daily and have had a very good experience.

Interviewing software consolidated and amplified!

Bewertet am 19.7.2018
Nikki S.
Executive Recruiter
Personalbeschaffung & -besetzung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall, a great product. I highly recommend it.

Vorteile: Everything you need at your fingertips! This program completely consolidates the hiring process. It's a one-stop shop. many features such as Online job postings, Referral program, Background check, Pre-employment testing, Video interviewing, Enhanced search, Social media integration, Form builder, Messaging, Resume import, Offer letter, Applicant tagging, Calendar and scheduling, Onboarding document, Job requisition workflow, Analytic tools, Activity Feed

Nachteile: 3 separate packages which are reasonably priced however most people who hire go with the "pro package" which is the priciest. The other two less expensive packages only offer 5 and 10 job postings which most hiring managers will not use since there are almost always more than 10 jobs to post

Hiring Streamlines our Hiring Process

Tim W.
Executive Director

Vorteile: HiringThing makes it easy to post, promote, and recruit candidates for our small nonprofit. Its intuitive, collaborative (I can seek input from the rest of our team), and effective. It's not the most fully featured recruitment platform out there, but what it does, it does well.

Nachteile: I wished HiringThing had a few more tools to flag the most qualified applicants. It can search for keywords/tags in the cover letter or resumes of applicants, which is better than nothing, but its not a very robust feature.

Miracle Help for Small Business Hiring

Bewertet am 23.10.2019
Jess G.
Creative Director
Kunst & Handwerk, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: My favorite things about HiringThing are the ease with which I was able to organize applicants, the huge amount of time it saved me, and the quality of applicants I was able to recruit. When running a small business, you have to get comfortable wearing a lot of different hats. If one task takes up too much time, everything else suffers. Hiring was such a headache for us until we started using HiringThing. We only employ a couple people, so finding the right fit is extremely important. We absolutely love our staff, and our business is better for having found them!

Nachteile: My experience with HiringThing has only been positive!