Simple Salon software for Hairdressing salons

Erika B.
Einzelhandel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I am really happy with this product and at times have been tempted to look at what else is out there.I have not found anything that is as easy to operate for my staff and gives me everything that I need. I also like the fact that Simple salon is always bringing out new features so I feel I am not being left behind.

Vorteile: This software is easy to use.You can access it anywhere and the online booking function is a must.The reports are easy to read and are invaluable to my staff for their KPIs.
No updates to purchase and no contracts. It ticks all my boxes.

Nachteile: That it sometimes goes down.Unfortunately this is a universal problem not just Simple salon.I really have not experienced any down side.The help desk is awesome and the video tutorials are always their if you need them.

n/a

Nicola P.
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Great that it's cloud based. Always loving the updates. Love the online booking software

Vorteile: That it is cloud based. Easy to use. Multiple users. Good price point.

Nachteile: That it isn't mobile phone friendly. Sometimes confirmation SMS don't get sent out to clients so I have to constantly double check.

von Simple Salon an 30.10.2019

Hi Nicola. Thanks so much for your review of Simple Salon. We love that you love the updateswe're always in development, making sure we're growing with your needs. SMS texts issues often have sources beyond our control; we do everything at our end to make sure they are reliable but understand and totally agree with you that even one client missing one SMS is problematic. Rest assured we always find the reason and do our utmost to communicate it to you ASAP. Thanks again for being a Simple Salon user.

Simple Salon user for over 5 years!

Bewertet am 12.10.2019
Sarah R.
Home salon owner/ operator: Beauty Therapist
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Overall I am happy, my day to day use is easy & straight forward.

Vorteile: General functions are easy to use, affordable and has pretty much everything I need. Easy to book and rebook clients, set up appointment reminders and add & change services.

Nachteile: The app doesn’t allow all functions to be performed, such as moving an appointment to a different day or time, or inputting a task without booking it as a clients appointment.
I also find setting up a list to text out clients for promotions tricky at times.

von Simple Salon an 30.10.2019

Hi Sarah. Thanks very much for your review of Simple Salon. Very happy that you find it easy to use. We'd also love to help you with any functions that you might ever find tricky and are always contactable at support@simplesalon.com.au and can happily call you back to guide you over the phone. Thanks again for managing and building your business with Simple Salon.

Loyalty not necessarily rewarded

Sarah L.
Beauty Therapist/Salon Manager
Kosmetik, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Almost four years ago, I borrowed my mother’s credit card to use for one month of my subscription. I changed it to my then new card soon after, which was charged by Simple Salon. My mother alerted me some time later to the fact that her card was still being charged also. Simple Salon don’t seem to want to take responsibility for this glitch and in reply to one of the emails I sent trying to get to the bottom of the reason why we were being charged twice for a period of time, their response was sending me the link on how to properly change your card/payment details. Obviously I already knew how to do this as my card was being charged, and this was not the first time over the years that I’d successfully changed payment details. This issue has caused me to refrain from using the online booking feature and I have been researching other booking systems because I am not at all satisfied with this. If I had more time, I would have moved over to another program by now.

Vorteile: The program is reasonably easy to work with and does prompt you to find what you are looking for in most cases.

Nachteile: There have been times where I have really needed to speak to a support person, but this is not an option unless you ask for a return phone call that you need to wait for. There is not a simple option for treatment packages so if someone books in for a discount package, we are required to book each treatment in separately and I have to rely on my staff to remember to apply the discount.

von Simple Salon an 23.10.2019

Hi Sarah. Thanks very much for your review. We are very happy that you found SS easy to use but apologize for any confusion which may have occurred regarding changing the credit card assigned to billing. We will be looking into this matter further in an effort to establish a more satisfactory outcome for you. Team SS.

Simple

Bewertet am 9.10.2019
Kylie R.
Verbraucherdienste, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I like the software as it’s easy to use and has most things but the service is very poor and some functions could be improved. I except this as the price point is excellent for what I get - I don’t need too many bells and whistles but when I need support it’s not there.

Vorteile: Has most needs - appointments, reporting, sms and email reminders and marketing, ordering, not expensive (I’m a small salon)

Nachteile: Support- even if I request support I don’t receive any feedback it’s extremely bad to the point I’ve considered changing systems - but changing is hard as I can’t download all the information easily - the exported excel files are in different order. If I had better support I’d be happy.
Can’t add sustainable salon - no response on how to do this
Many reports are locked at 1 months - it would be great if this wasn’t locked
Dashboard- not live like Kitoomba - I don’t really know how I’m doing

von Simple Salon an 30.10.2019

Hi Kylie. Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a thorough review. We take your experience and comments very seriously and, while we are very happy you give four or five stars to most of the review criteria, we are especially interested in your experience with support and functionality. So much so that in the last month we have employed a new team member to focus on these very issues and are quietly confident you will see a huge improvement. While we love it when current customers recommend SS to others our main focus is on you, as a current customer, being more than satisfied. Thanks again for your very helpful feedback.

Frustrated!!

Colleen W.
Owner/beauty therapist
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, Selbstständig

Vorteile: Up until last week, this software was pretty good - it met my needs as a salon owner. I have had very few dramas with it.

Nachteile: After I did the iOS 13.1.2 update, things have changed dramatically. The whole entering appointments screen has changed and it is now difficult and takes twice as long to enter clients into appointment book. Also, it keeps logging me out so each time I go to use it, I have to waste time logging in again. And if I make a mistake in my haste, it takes even longer.

It's great

Bewertet am 14.10.2019
Christie M.
Kosmetik, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I'm very happy with the system although I would love to be able to call customer support when something comes up rather than submitting a request.

Vorteile: I love the online booking system and the price is very reasonable.

Nachteile: I'm not at at tech savvy and some of the things on offer while easy to use I don't quite understand.

Honest user

Natalie N.
Business owner
Kosmetik, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I really like the program, super simple to use once you get the hang of everything and the help is great when you don’t know what you’re doing. I would personally fix the issues mentioned above because the old system I used (10to8) had all these functions which I do miss.

Vorteile: I really enjoy the simplicity of the software once you understand how to use it. I like how everything is automatic and does a lot of my job for me

Nachteile: I don’t like how I can’t sync up with my personal calander. This is a big feature that I miss in my old software. Countless times I have my own personal appointment or am not in salon and have booked in a client because it doesn’t show that I’m away I would like more options for messaging, for example, different messages for different services - prices, reminders etc

Simple gets the job done!

Louise V.
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have never had a problem in the whole 6 years.

Vorteile: It is very user friendly and has everything you need to run your business by the click of a button! Love it!

Nachteile: That it was extra for online booking option, happy it changed.

Help!

Alex Z.
Kosmetik, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Fine until something goes wrong and then it’s impossible to get help.

Vorteile: It’s simple and not complicated. Clean look.

Nachteile: I can never get in contact with customer support. Like ever.

von Simple Salon an 31.10.2019

Hi Alex. Thanks for 5/5 for 'Value for Money and 4/5 for 'Overall Quality' and 'Ease of Use'. We'd love to be doing better in your eyes for 'Features/Functionality'and are always in development, but especially would like to address your feelings on Customer Support. Answering concerns and addressing issues is of the utmost importance to SS and that is why we have an email ticketing system which allows users to lodge any issue with us, at any time. Most issues are easily resolved with an email from us but we will always call back if this is not the case. We employ this method, of email contact first, as experience has shown us that salon operators are very busy and cannot always talk as much as they might like to, in order to explain the issue, whilst running the business. If you have anything at all you'd like us to help you with please get in touch here: https://www.simplesalon.com/contact-us/ anytime.

Great Software for starting out.

Bewertet am 5.12.2017
Lauryn T.
Kosmetik, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: - Client information privacy policy is the best I have found in my research of salon software.
- Friendly staff that were prompt in answering any questions or problems I had.
- Price transparency before signing up - you know exactly what you get for what price.

Vorteile: Simple Salon was a great starting point and was the first software I used when opening the salon. The main draw was the great client information privacy policy. It was very easy to use once all the data was put in and the team got used to using it. I love that I was able to run the salon off an iPad, including POS, and could check my schedule on my iPhone through the app
Support team and email correspondence was always fast in my experience. Never tried any pushy sales tactics or upgrades.
Overall, good software for newbies and reliable.

Nachteile: -Online booking - Slick App was the only way clients could book online, there was no real incentive for clients to use it and i never received any bookings from it- be it new or existing clients. It has no real online presence and was an unfamiliar brand. My clients felt uncomfortable handing over personal information. From memory I believe the business only had an 30 mins from opening time to confirm a booking which is ridiculous and almost impossible in a busy salon environment.
-Outdated looking interface. felt very dated and clunky. It was a breeze to use once you understood it, nut did take some getting used to.
- Customer support was a little tricky. Had a bit of trouble understanding how to unsubscribe (very well hidden)
- Expensive for the small size of the team I have. Paying double the price for 2 columns was a bit of a joke. I can definitely see benefit if the salon team was bigger.
-Disappointing that no appointment changes or new appointments couldn't be made via the phone app on the go. The app was only useful to see appointments, not much else.

Simple Salon Review

Diane N.
Bekleidung & Mode, Selbstständig

Kommentare: simple salon makes my daily life organized & sorted, I love that it does everything for you

Vorteile: I can access my appointments anywhere I am, I have the app on my phone, ipad & work computer. the system is the easiest one I have used. I like that it has previous history stored too.

Nachteile: there isn't much I don't like about simple salon but an upgrade would be good, give the whole system a makeover

Easy to use softwear

Rochelle F.
Spa Owner
Kosmetik, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Have had no problems at all the team is always on hand for anything that we need

Vorteile: I have been using it for over 8 years simple to use and value for money does it all and the back up is great would not even think of using anything else Rochelle Fisher

Nachteile: all good we have had no problems since we started and good that they have videos if you need to find out something

Simple salon.....as the name suggest it is really simple

Syed A.
Accountant
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have beauty salon business and we are operating from 3 different locations. The software allows me to keep a track of sales, inventory, marketing, KPI and various other aspects of my business. It allows me to spend less time in creating different report and focus more time on my business.

Vorteile: Ease of use
Various reports
Easy to keep a track of customer
Loyalty point system

Nachteile: I am sure the support team is working on this but at the moment you cannot customize your reports for example you cannot add a specific column in your report.

Hair salon software

Bewertet am 11.10.2019
Katalina S.
Salon owner
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Very good, effectient and a great software

Vorteile: We’ve been very pleased with the simple salon software. It’s been easy to use, fast and very reliable.

Nachteile: We are hoping the online booking system will take into consideration ‘ processing times ‘ for clients colours

Impressed

Amanda D.
hair salon owner
Gastgewerbe, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Its amazing, super easy to use and super handy to have all of my records easily accessible for my account to use.

Vorteile: I love how easy this software is to use. I am not tech savvy but I have 100% used this software with ease.
the customer support is really easy and always available

Nachteile: I cant really think of anything I don't like.

The simplest salon software ever

Bewertet am 16.10.2019
Kay G.
Owner operator
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I don’t use a lot of the features, as I am a sole operator I really don’t need to but it is easy to use, simple to pull up reports and I may one day use online bookings.

Vorteile: It’s ease of use, simplicity and value for money

Nachteile: That I couldn’t change back to 15 min segments from the 10 min segments. This is why I do not use online booking or your SMS or email service for reminders (I use my own SMS on my phone) I book by 15 min segments if it were in 5 minute segments it would work perfectly.

von Simple Salon an 31.10.2019

Hi Kay. Thanks so much for your 10/10 review! As we continually develop features to make sure we're doing all we can to help you grow your business we really appreciate the positive feedback, as well as you sharing your experience.

Simple Salon Review

Casey N.
Einzelhandel, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I would like to see it be a bit easier to double book and never to crash again and I would think about recommending to other people

Vorteile: That I can use it on my phone

Nachteile: There has been 2 crashes and I was unable to see any appointments and one of the times was very close to Christmas the busiest time of the year Iv been paying for 2 columns because it’s to hard to use the double book feature
It won’t let me double book where I need to.

Easy enough to use

Bewertet am 21.10.2019
Sara L.
Salon Manager
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: we use it on a very basic level, it has so much more potential than what we utilise it for

Vorteile: it was easily customisable when first staring out with the software.

Nachteile: Some commands are difficult with a lot of steps to set up appointments. some of our development needs are not supported.

Great salon software

Brodie B.
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, Selbstständig

Kommentare: It’s easy to see the day to day running and keep track of earnings making eofy easy!

Vorteile: It’s very easy to use and has everything I need plus more!

Nachteile: Not many complaints. I wish the sms reminders were free, like some other salon softwares

Simple to use

Bewertet am 5.10.2019
Anna V.
Reiki Practioner
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, Selbstständig

Kommentare: The online option has been great as for my business, people from 20-45 book online all the time. The option of just choosing cupping as a service title is an issue rather than specifically titled to what I am providing. However, I enjoy using the program as I can book anyone anywhere at anytime.

Vorteile: The software is simple to set up and use once the products and services are organised.

Nachteile: As for the wellness sector there isn't enough options for online bookings. I can only have 'cupping' as an option. I think if this can change or suit the users where they choose the options they provide that would be better for clients.

Amanda

Amanda F.
Verbraucherdienste, Selbstständig

Kommentare: They are always helpful and easy to get in contact with.

Vorteile: It’s extremely user friendly and affordable, the tech support is great. The team are always happy to help and there isn’t any extra frees for getting problems solved

Nachteile: I actually don’t really have any complaints

First time using salon software

Lisa-maree H.
Verbraucherdienste, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I just wasn't collecting useful data prior to signing up. I can see at a glance how we are performing for a set period and compare to past periods. I know theres more features it has to offer that i still need to utilise. Overall very happy.

Vorteile: It was simple setting up, I love the reports you're able to generate and I find the online help topics really useful.

Nachteile: It would be great if I could integrate my eftpos machine to make pos quicker and less chance of human error.

Perfect all in one program

Shai I.
Einzelhandel, Selbstständig

Kommentare: It keeps my appointments, acts as a point of sale, tracks my inventory and allows me to maintain a mailing list.

Vorteile: Ease of use. Functionality. The program is perfect for running any size salon.

Nachteile: No complaints. It does everything I need it to do.

Simple salon

Maria A.
Verbraucherdienste, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Overall it’s a great product but I would like to see some extras like a TIL and receipt machine that you can add easily to the system

Vorteile: Booking appointments is a breeze and mobile app is very useful.

Nachteile: Haven’t been able to set up a til that opens when using the software.