Great ticket management software

Bewertet am 3.12.2019
Juan pablo A.
Installed Base Manager
Unternehmensberatung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I would gladly recommend FreshDesk as a very competitive option if you are evaluating ticket management software. The whole implementation could be done by us in a manner of hours and they have an academy where you can get a certification and learn how to deploy it.

Vorteile: FreshDesk is one of the greatest ticket management software. It has a marketplace with addins that can expand it's features and possibilities and is easy to use. We deployed FreshDesk looking to upgrade how we managed out customers.They are now impproving with AI features.

Nachteile: The customer portal is a little bit dissapointing and can't be customized for every client. The contact management and arcade (gamification) features could be better, although they work.

A Fresh Start to Better Customer/Issue Tracking

Bob B.
Director, Professional & Technical Support

Kommentare: We needed to migrate from a support solution that was bought out by Microsoft. Microsoft CRM Dynamics was too expensive, so we reviewed over a dozen solution providers. The Freshworks team worked with us to ensure we had a successful implementation (3 months - part time). They were also very receptive to our feedback and have incorporated those ideas into Freshdesk. We just got done adding another SSL certificate for our latest product's portal. The support team came through again with flying colors!

Vorteile: We use Freshdesk every day to capture and work customer-reported issues. The ease of use has a major factor migrating from our former portal solution. We were able to keep things simple while still capturing all the critical elements of the issues. The Solutions page (knowledge base) was/is very easy to maintain and update. From an Administrative perspective, the product is easy to configure and customize. Further, we have enjoyed nearly 100% up time over a year and a half!

Nachteile: We were hoping to port over prior ticket history from our prior solution, but were unable to capture "conversations" as part of our migration. However, Freshworks was able to create new records for each legacy ticket as part of our conversion. In the long run, only a couple customers ever noticed their prior ticket submissions.

TMI-SSP (PTY) LTD

Bewertet am 16.1.2020
Thabo M.
Managing Director
Metallabbau, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Wonderful, I really like their 24hrs support system

Vorteile: With 5 years in business, we started seeing change in our revenues and employee behaviour in the last 2,5 years of using FRESHDESK. We stopped for sometime thinking maybe we could continue without these tools and a huge gap opened up thus we had to go back to the tried & tested.

Nachteile: Ease of business
Friendly Interface
Work Anywhere (App or Web)

You're on your own

Bewertet am 23.11.2019
Sean Y.
Managing Partner
Architektur & Planung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: The platform is relatively user friendly and has a sufficient number of features to work well.

Nachteile: Service is highly unreliable, and if something significant happens - don't expect Freshdesk to be available to help you. It can take 2-4 days to get a hold of someone EVEN IF YOU ARE FUNCTIONALLY SHUT DOWN. Here was our experience: We had been using Freshdesk for 3-4 years and were relative experts on our plan. We arranged to make a change to our Freshdesk plan to switch to a multi-product platform. We upgraded to a plan costing 7x our current cost per user and requested to speak with a Success Manager to plan to the changes. It took persistence and some time to get on the phone with someone. The person we got has had relatively low product knowledge, but escalated to a very competent product engineer fairly promptly. We confirmed our plan and attempted to implement independently after business hours. We were forced to initiate a backout plan when errors and unpredictable behaviour blocked our completion. Our backout plan partially failed and customers were impacted for 3 days before we were able to get anyone to help us. We heard a myriad of responses via email as to why a phone call was not possible from, "I am not working today" to "I will give you a call next week at your convenience" and "I will have XX get a hold of you to help" - but no call, no chat, no email Q&A -- radio silence. We got the message loud and clear 'you are not that important'. Be warned - if something go wrong, the documentation is very modest and don't necessarily expect help.

Very solid help desk software

Bewertet am 5.12.2019
Neal J.
Practice Manager
Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I started as a free user and found it extremely versatile. My first hiccup was that, as a free user, when the advanced features that were included expired, they disabled my account. Instead of scaling it back it just went offline without warning. Once that was fixed we found an excellent way to continue with the free account until they implemented a "spam" update that invalidated all tickets sent to any email address except our main address. Again, this was done without warning and we were offline for 3 days. We have subscribed but it was done more out of necessity rather than being able to upgrade for full features.

Vorteile: I like the fact that it has a dedicated APP for mobile use, that I can use Email to respond to tickets, great search functionality as well

Nachteile: Interface could use an update to be more compact and show more information in a single screen. right now a ticket takes up pretty much every part of the display. Also, IOS app is slow on startup and refreshing

Best Helpdesk I've ever used

Bewertet am 4.10.2019
Ian A.
Head of Computer Services
Bildungsmanagement, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Having been in the IT support industry for more than 20 years I've used a lot of different helpdesk systems and this has been, by far, one of the easiest to setup and run, and also one of the fastest. It lacks all the extra bells and whistles that something like Spiceworks has but if you already have other tools for network management etc... I've yet to find a better system for so little cost.

Vorteile: Excellent ticket system
Lots of configurable options
New price plans mean that there are no headaches with the number of agents
Fantastic automation tools
Supports Google authentications

Nachteile: It would be good to be able to create a default user template so that any new users submitting tickets are automatically given certain things (profile photo, address etc...)

The snappier and lightweight alternative

Bewertet am 14.12.2019
Trinayan C.
Customer Success Manager

Kommentare: I always recommend FreshDesk to start-ups and smaller clients. They are easy to set-up and you get all the necessary features to look professional without spending tons of money.

Vorteile: Ease of setting up, the ability to connect with various platforms such as social media, slack and the SSO feature is robust and better than some other market leaders. Their pricing is fair and is affordable for start-ups or smaller companies.

Nachteile: The official Wordpress integration plugin needs some more work. Also the customer support (irony!) can be a tiny bit better.

Good overview of customer requests

Bewertet am 22.11.2019
Gøran M.
Unterhaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall we're very happy with the solution.

Vorteile: We get a very good overview of all incoming emails, tweets and facebook messages from our customers, letting us easily respond and handle hundreds of weekly requests by just a few people. We often using solution option to quicker give commn feedback to customers.

Nachteile: Dont have any dislikes with the product, though it would be great to have more social media integrations available, for ex. Instagram and Steam

FreshDesk Helpdesk ticking system that ticks the boxes needed!

Bewertet am 6.11.2019
John K.
IT Consultant
Computer-Vernetzung, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Freshdesk helpdesk system worked flawlessly for the time i used it, It gave my clients a cloud based web ticketing system to record the problems and were then assigned and emailed via email alerts or notifications via the mobile app. Also it does have the free plan which I used and does give you all the basics expected from a decent helpdesk system.

Vorteile: I was initially recommended to use Freshdesk helpdesk system by a client who uses Freshdesk themselves and wanted me to use it also so they had a familiar system to use, i was happy to do so as Freshdesk do offer a free plan which is cloud based and does cover all the basics that you would expect from a helpdesk system.

Nachteile: The part i liked least was that the free edition was quite restricted in what it can do, i.e. to add any custom email address domains etc you had to start subscribing to the paid for plans which for myself i was able to work around and keep to the free plan but there are some features that id love to use but cant afford to pay for the plans to use those still.

The Best Support Tool Yet

Bewertet am 28.11.2019
Magnus O.
Customer Service Team Lead
Verlagswesen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It has been great using Freshdesk. I love the bot that fetches FAQs on the solutions page

Vorteile: We switched from Groove to Freshdesk because of the SLA timer and other features Freshdesk had. One of them being the support and solutions portal where we post our FAQs.

Nachteile: Freshdesk is Expensive. This is a known fact but it's worth it when you factor in the features and support you get.

Why we chose Freshdesk

Bewertet am 17.1.2020
Nikos A.
Maritime Wirtschaft, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Their support is probably the best support out there, a real 5-star experience, plus they are continuously implementing new features and create new products.
As an administrator In my company, I really don't have to do a lot and I can easily do my job. There is almost no complaints from users.

Vorteile: Software is very clear and easy to use. A new user would require minimal training.
All latest ticketing ideas and features are already implemented.
There is constant development and you can see the changes every day without affecting the existing functionality though.
Great staff mentality and customer approach.

Nachteile: Some times users are a bit confused, but I guess this is normal when someone enters a new platform.
There are some hidden features that should be available on the administrator menu in my opinion.
The parent-child feature should be more flexible.

Support Detail

Bewertet am 14.1.2020
Associate Director
Hausmeisterservice, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Our business needs quickly expanded into handling over 50 tickets / work orders a day across multiple client sites. We were struggling to find a suitable solution that would cater for multi site, multi users without incurring addition costs for client access to their tickets. Freshdesk software ticked all the boxes when it came to the online portal access for clients and exporting ticket information into CSV files.

Vorteile: - Creating, monitoring and finding specific information: EXCELLENT
- User interface is very fresh, intuitive and user friendly
- Keeping track of files was an added feature I didn't expect and was very useful the bigger the tickets became.
- Splitting and Merging tickets is a must for any helpdesk. This software is very intuitive on this feature.
- Mobile App is so easy to use across IOS and Android.
- Reporting Functions are excellent - really think the custom dashboard is a REAL PRO when considering a Helpdesk Software Solution.
- Setup: If your not a tech person, Freshdesk live support is excellent. They have helped me same day on each occasion. Very reliable and efficient, but most of all understand your requirements.

Nachteile: Integrations are getting better with other software platforms but there are no real cons to be mindful of whatsoever with Freshdesk. I would like to see a better integration with Xero Financial Software.

Great software - some bugs need fixing and could use some additional features.

Bewertet am 3.1.2020
Dan W.
Head of Creator Support
Musik, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Good experience. Support is fast to respond. It's an easy platform to train new team members on.

Vorteile: Ease of use, setup, and features. An added feature would be to be able to search ticket by subject title and then to select many of the results at a time.

Nachteile: There are some persistent that need squashing. For example, when chatting with FW support team, our chat windows frequently come up in foreign languages. Our support site and FD access has been knocked out several times in the past due to FW blacklisting our IP address.

Using FreshDesk for 3 years and Still Going Strong

Rich L.
District Technology Director
Bildungsmanagement, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Teachers generally create tickets for me with problems they have with technology. Administration creates tickets for me to evaluate different education systems, set up systems for teachers, arrange training, or pretty much anything. It's all documented in detail in the ticket, along with pictures, links to articles, whatever I need.

Vorteile: The software is easily customizable, and fairly easy to use. Being able to see the notifications pop up on my watch and access tickets from my Google Pixel phone is a lifesaver. Teacher's can't be bothered to log in to a portal to create a ticket, so we customized Fresh Desk so they could simply send an email of their problem to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and it would create a ticket for them. I can reply to them right from within the help desk system. Initially we had it set up for two agents and purchased the next level plan. Our Maintenance Supervisor ended up not using it so we backed down to the free version. The virsatility of multiple plans is a major plus. Their support is quick, and eager to help. They will actually go out of their way to help you.

Nachteile: The only con is probably easily fixable-- When I close a ticket, it of course emails the teacher letting him/her know. But they inevitably always reply with Thank You, which reopens the ticket. Other than that, it is a perfect system!

Simple and Intuitive

Mike D.
SysAdmin
Finanzdienstleistungen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We decided to try this out as our ticketing solution and were very impressed. Packed with features even at the lower tiers. At the lowest priced tier we're able to integrate Microsoft Teams and VSTS/Azure DevOps which is huge for us. The features are also very organized so the admin page doesn't have 200+ options to skim through.

Vorteile: FreshDesk has found a way to offer similar options without cluttering your screen with unnecessary options. You're able to expand on your options with custom fields/tags/etc but the basics cover most scenarios.
My favorite feature though is how easy it is to update a ticket department/agent/status. You can do it from the ticket view screen that lists all your tickets. Why is no one else doing this? Seems obvious now that I'm using it ha, it's even available on the phone app, big time-saver.
It really seems like a lot of thought was put into creating this product.

Nachteile: One thing I really didn't like is the table view for tickets. I have large monitors and this doesn't expand the width so I end up with a bunch of empty space to each side of the table. You can change the Layout and the Card view helps, but I prefer the consolidated table view, but not if I have to scroll to the right with empty space on the page that could've been used.
Another thing I noticed that could improve is the options for the email. Our previous solution would create the ticket and move the email from the inbox to our archive folder so we keep a history in a second place. FreshDesk currently as of 2019 only has the option to delete or leave the emails there. Not that big of a deal, but would be nice.

A fantastic solution

Bewertet am 17.12.2019
Drew P.
IT support
Finanzdienstleistungen, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We have been very satisfied with our migration to Freshdesk and will be moving our other ticketing systems over as well. Any time we have had to reach out to their support team they have been quick to respond and have solved our issues promptly.

Vorteile: Easy of access to manage tickets and knowledge bases. We use SSO so no one users have to worry about accounts. They can go through our SSO to elevate tickets and track the status of their tickets. As an admin it's easy to manage the entire account.

Nachteile: There is nothing to not like about this software. Everyone has been pleased about it. Though we did have to use the automation to assign the agent when closing a ticket from the dashboard.

Freshdesk review by software dev manager @ Regenesys Business School

Bewertet am 12.12.2019
Raymond M.
Software Development Manager
Bildungsmanagement, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Awesome.

Vorteile: The ease of use, both for the agents as well as the clients is pretty awesome. Being able to pull out detailed reports concerning not only the tickets on the system and their categories and statuses, but also seeing agents' performances makes this product recommendable for me.

Nachteile: The fact that I have to log in twice, once for freshdesk and then again for freshworks, before I can gain access to our freshdesk platform really irks me sometimes. An SSO would go a long way in preventing this. Also, being to integrate with Jira proved unsuccessful for me.

Superb Experience

Bewertet am 15.12.2019
Patricia brigid D.
Service Desk Manager
Internet, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We needed an efficient CRM system, easy to set up an with easy access to analytics to manage our tickets and Freshdesk was able to give us that and more. We love that its features are based on time; we are able to measure agent and team performance on this.

Vorteile: Freshdesk is built on ITIL framework and very easy to use. It took me a few minutes to figure it out, find all the metrics that we needed and set up. The support and software team are readily available on chat, email and conference call - regardless of need. Lately I see lots of improvements in the software (like the Field Service Management, Proactive Reach and advance ticketing). Some of the new features have helped us tremendously while others (FSM) has got us thinking on efficiency in our field work.

Nachteile: In improving the system, a few of our favored features are taken off. For instance, with Linked Tickets we are unable to send bulk emails from the Tracker. The alternative is to send bulk emails from the Tickets view or filtered view; this is tedious if one has to select individual tickets which notice is meant for or when there are multiple linked tickets to different trackers. Also, Email Outreach should have the alternative of selecting contact from Freshdesk instead of uploading a CSV file

Very happy with Freshdesk

Bewertet am 10.12.2019
ecommerce specialist
Konsumgüter, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We are a distribution company that imports several US and European brands into Canada. We manage the customer service inquiries for all these brands for Canadian customers and retailers. We were previously using Outlook inboxes but that became too cumbersome. Freshdesk has allowed us to feed all inquiries to one place while still maintaining our separate brands and automatically routing tickets to the appropriate customer services team. Our workflows are more efficient and customers are easier to track.

Vorteile: Freshdesk is extremely easy to implement and the ability to customize experience, workflow, automations, users, and more allows us to optimize for our business needs. The onboarding and customer support has been very knowledgeable and friendly. The software offers excellent value for what you pay. Everything we need for our medium-sized company is in the plan we've chosen and as our needs grow their higher tier plans look like they will grow along with us. We also chose this software because it integrates with their Freshchat solution.

Nachteile: There are a few automations & rules that are pre-built into the software that didn't fit into our business workflow. But we easily adjusted them to fit our needs.

Best Email Ticketing System out there

Bewertet am 6.12.2019
Michelle H.
Category Leader

Kommentare: We have been able to be more responsive to our customers while maintaining high data integrity across our whole business. The team is able to 'chat' in real time with each other about an individual ticket without confusion and the ability for us all to be 'in' the ticket at the same time to see what is going on. The transparency of our interaction with our customers also mean we can address team training needs and discover any shortfalls of our customer service quickly, confidently and positively.

Vorteile: The ease of use and the overall look and feel of the experience for the team and our customers.

Nachteile: We are sometimes limited with our ability to search however this is more about how we use it and not the software itself. We are heavily reliant on our customers sending queries with quality subjects in their emails and due to how generic they are, the amount of queries we receive and the limitations we put on the team to tag/identify can give us high numbers of returns during a search.

Very happy with this purchase

Bewertet am 29.11.2019
Gabriel L.
Support & Onboarding

Kommentare: I am currently the only person responsible for customer support in a small company. Freshdesk made it much more easy for me to manage support tickets due to SLAs, automations, etc. I used to have to do pretty much everything manually. We'll be adding new users soon because of this great experience.

Vorteile: Ease of use. Reasonable price. Otherwise, I like the way tickets can be prioritized with SLAs, status, etc. Canned responses and automations are great too.

Nachteile: The automations, despite being very nice, are somewhat limited in terms of what they can do. Sometimes I'd like to go a little further than what they can offer. It's often just little details, but it could make a big difference. Here are a few basic examples: 1) IF field is empty, THEN send a notification to the user with a message saying that it has to be updated. This is not possible since we can't have an automation triggered by a field being left blank. 2) Only the custom fields with drop down lists can be used as triggers for automations. Also, I'd like to be able to have the SLA based on the expected first response rather than the expected resolution. Overall though, it makes my job a lot easier.

Easy to Use, Easy to Setup

Bewertet am 22.11.2019
Angel V.
Technology Director
E-Learning, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: My favorite part about this software is the knowledge base. This has helped us immensely on our team. Certain parts of the knowledge base show up based on the company the user is associated with. This allows us to set up public tutorials, internal tutorials for our staff, then another section that just our internal help desk can use. It is also very user-friendly, our students and staff can easily create tickets and we are able to customize the fields for tickets. I don't use a lot of the features with phone and automated ticket assignment, but I can see how this would be useful for a larger organization. I honestly have no complaints and whenever I have a question or issue, support has responded and solved my issue quickly!

Nachteile: There was an issue with spam, but this seems to be prominent amongst other companies as well. They have just implemented a resolve with this and I have seen a decline, but it is not completely blocked yet.

Easy to setup and use. Great ticketing system

Bewertet am 11.10.2019
Alphonso B.
Enterprise Engineer

Kommentare: We are an MSP and Freshdesk is the core of our support business. Without it we wont be able to keep track of what work needs to be done. Our client tickets get logged on Freshdesk and assigned to technicians. Time logs gets added, tickets get exported and processed for billing. Any issues that we've had, we simply contacted them via in support chat and it was resolved quickly.

Vorteile: Incredibly easy to get going with the software. Your in house IT team can set this up themselves and you dont need to spend a fortune getting a consultancy firm to do it for you. The interface is also very intuitive and even without any training your staff should be able to do the basics. We looked at other solutions that were more of an all in one kinda package that also included financial, stock/warehousing etc but found that these were overly complex and as a result made us work less efficient and the helpdesk staff also did not want to use it because it was just too bloated for their needs. Freshdesk does ticketing and it does it well. The company does have other software modules and integrations that you can add if you want (addon integration apps or maybe look at their other products like Freshsales or Freshservice) If you just want a great easy to use ticking system, definitely give Freshdesk a try. The free trial should be more than enough to give you a fell for the system.

Nachteile: I cant really think of a con. Some might want something that has more features or customization but we are seeing that as a pro as it keeps it simple and efficient (not that Freshdesk lacks features. For us, it has everything that it needs to have and more)

Freshdesk is a great alternative to over priced industry stalwarts.

Bewertet am 28.6.2019
Customer Support Manager
Informationsdienst, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Freshdesk has been a breeze to set up and use effectively. My team loves how easy it is to quickly work through tickets. We heavily use Trello and their integration is top tier. When issues do come up, the support team is always available to answer my questions. Even when it doesn't support a particular workflow, I've always been given excellent suggestions to work around its limitations.

Nachteile: Many integrations are v1 products that were built years ago and never updated. Salesforce integration needs a lot of work. We had to disable it because it was using too many API calls.

Freshdesk proving their worth on the CRM market

Bewertet am 20.6.2019
Mark K.
Business Analyst
Textilien, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We have moved from Desk.com half a year ago. The decision was made based on our comparison. We have selected Freshdesk as it seemed to give the best value for the price and people also seem really satisfied in general.
To me Freshdesk is a developing underdog on the CRM market with some huge advantages and opportunities. We selected them because we can have some top notch solutions just like we had Freshdesk or Zendesk, but we do not have to leave a fortune there. They still need to spend a lot to improve the software as the market is really competitive with other companies like Salesforce, Zendesk but it seems they have the ambition to be the best.
Moving to Freshdesk still seems a great decision.

Vorteile: Learning the software was quite easy for the agents as well which is a huge advantage. This is partially because of their support team as we have always been able to contact then and ask any type of questions regarding their software. The CS Team is always helpful and pretty professional. They did not forger us even after we started using their software (which happens with many companies). Ticket handling is really efficient and the agent portal has a nice design from a practical viewpoint as well. We like canned responses. A nice little feature is to add support page article links / contents to reply messages just like canned responses. Another huge advantage is the knowledge base / support page which is highly customizable. In general we like ticket automation rules as well and it helped to solve some of our special requests.

Nachteile: At this point we are not able to use our own SSL and we cannot afford to have extra expenses to rent an SSL from Freshdesk (probably third party) or buy their top plan to have their SSL. This is a good indicator that some essential functions are only available if you are using their top plan. It is good that you are able to customize your portal URL, but if you do you are not going to have HTTPS until you pay more. This makes this whole function questionable. I am hoping the development team will solve this soon.
Apparently there are some minor function that we have to solve with a workaround but it is straightforward available for competition.