Über ModMed

Cloudbasiertes, fachspezifisches EHR-System mit einer umfangreichen Bibliothek integrierter medizinischer Inhalte und einer adaptiven Lernmaschine.

Erfahre mehr über ModMed

It has a great user friendly back office EMR system.

The EMR and EHR connectivity with their Billing is horrible.

Bewertungen zu ModMed

4,0
3,6

ModMed hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,2 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 172 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du ModMed bereits verwendet?

Tom
Tom
CEO in USA

An EMR that puts the physician and patient first

Specialty-specific EMR built that is easy to use and intuitive. Assists with proper ICD-10 coding and use of modifiers. Additional modules for Pathology, Practice Management/Billing, Telemedicine, and MIPS reporting are available as integrated features. A proactive and responsive company that takes provider issues and input seriously.

The system is designed around an optimal workflow. As with any EMR, office workflows will need to be updated in order to align with the system's capabilities.

Antwort von Modernizing Medicine

Tom, thank you for taking the time to share your review and for your continued support! -Alex B., Marketing

Wesley
President and Medical Director in USA

Mod Med for small office

4,0 letzten Monat Neu

5 years ago, the ipad based methods of creating documentation were cutting edge. Little advancement since. Integration with other software programs. responsiveness to suggestions to change software.

Practice management module never worked well for financial integration. Increasingly cumbersome with some errors in coding notes and services. Not very customizable.

letzten Monat

We value your feedback, Wesley! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

Derek
Ophthalmologist in USA

Worst EMR I have ever used

1,0 vor 2 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: Horrible. If I go to a practice and this is their EMR I am quitting.

When the system works it is very intuitive and can make charting easy. HOWEVER, it crashes at least once per week and leaves our practice crippled as we lose all the patient's information and reasons for the visit.

Customer service is non-existent. As I mentioned above the software crashes multiple times per month and you are unable to see anything about the patient (last exam, reason for visit, previous appointments, diagnostic imaging). If you try and call or email you get directed to either an answering service that does not return calls or an email chain that says someone will be in contact soon. This is by far the worst EMR I have ever used.

letzte Woche

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We're sorry to learn about your experience. We are always looking to improve our product experience and your feedback is helpful.

Hai-En
Podiatrist in USA

Expensive but worth it

Kommentare: So far so good and our staff has gotten to its functionality.

The functionality of the system is way better than our older system and is made specifically for my speciality.

The hard part is all the training and the time to do it all which takes away from patient care. It's not the most economical system in terms of pricing.

vor 3 Monaten

We value your feedback, Hai-En! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

Trent
Medizinische Praxis, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

EMA saves time and makes money

The intuitiveness of documentation for providers allows them to not spend as much time on the burdensome of documentation. This allows providers to focus on patient-care instead of administrative work.

Sometimes, the rigidness of ModMed requires us to change our workflows instead of changing ModMed to integrate into our workflows.

vor 8 Monaten

We value your feedback, Trent! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

Brandon

Modernizing Medicine

Kommentare: Overall our experience has been positive with ModMed. I think part of any new EMR is that they do so much it takes time to really incorporate it all into your practice. So on that end, I think even the things we currently like the least will improve.

The software is a whole suite with EMR and practice Management. The two work together nicely. It allows easy scheduling of providers and linking of the visits. It helps drive the physician through their note while ensuring that they are coding their visits properly. It also helps with MIPS and other programs. They also do regular updates to improve the software, which is great.

The things that are the least liked are the inability to really fine tune the scheduling. Even though you limit the type of appointments per location or provider, it still providers the schedulers with all options even if they are not able to use them. Also, creating the notes can be a bit cumbersome. I think some more "customization" would be helpful.

Alan
President in USA

Best EHR I’ve used!

Kommentare: Our entire practice runs on ModMed EHR and practice management. This is the best business move I have ever made.

EMA (Electronic Medical Assistant) by Modernizing Medicine increased my productivity by 3-fold. That is to say, with this product I can see 3X more patients than I could without it. Charting is meticulous and fast, and visits are completed by the time the patient leaves. Frequently updated to give requested features — updates occur about every 2-6 weeks. Tech support is excellent and responsive. Requests for enhancements are responded to rapidly.

Steep learning curve when starting makes it seem intimidating, but after a few days of use, it becomes automatic. Frequent updates sometimes introduce coding errors that need correction

Antwort von Modernizing Medicine

Hi Dr. Gorenberg - Thank you so much for the great feedback and sharing your review with others considering our EHR and suite of solutions. - Holly, Clinical Solutions Manager

Theressa
Theressa
Quelle: GetApp

Great product but tricked us into paying $28K extra

Kommentare: I am having to pay $28K out of my pocket as a result of their verbiage "billing commencement date 120 days from contract date". They are so busy adding new clients on they don't have time to push your training so the long/ short is you have to start paying before they implement. I see no reason why we would be charged for software, patient reminders, efax, coding assistance, prescription writing capabilities, or patient surveys when we literally had zero access to it. I can understand charging a fee for the "sandbox" but we still had no access to the actual software functionality.

We love the actual product. Cloud based services are great when you're coming from a local server/ remote situation.

Software support has been great but it took somewhere around 6 weeks to get a response from the billing team (handles billing us, the client). The initial contract did not show any of the ancillary items that we very specifically asked about except efax. They also do not include tax on the contract so when budgeting/ making financial decisions to switch this is a bit misleading. We were lead to believe that everything that we could possibly be charged for was included. This was not the case.

Eddie
DPM in USA

Limits to customization

Kommentare: Limits to customizability and limited training training are problematic.

Specialty specific but with insufficient specialty information.

Lack of sufficient user customization. An ICD10 code often is used for more than one diagnosis. There are many common diagnoses that do not exist in the ModMed system and cannot be added by the user. ModMed tells us to use an ICD code that may include such diagnoses but the problem is that the specific diagnosis is not carried through the note documentation.

vor 3 Monaten

We always aim to deliver a great experience and are sorry to hear in this situation we missed the mark. Thank you for taking the time to bring this to our attention.

Kim
Accounting in USA
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Needs better billing team

Kommentare: Worst billing experience ever, you'd think that a company of this size would put in a little bit more effort in their customer service/ billing department.

When I reach out to customer service, they are nice but cannot do much in regards to billing questions. They always deter my request to billing department but the wait time for your billing department to get back to me is awful.

Mod Meds billing team never answers emails promptly, no direct number for the billing department and we keep getting billed for downgraded services. Response time is longer than 2 weeks and when someone does respond they are less than knowledgeable over our account. Wait time on responses are absurd. Also our invoices portal is not accurate and it doesn't populate all our invoices.

vor 4 Monaten

betsy
MD in USA

Evaluation of Modmed EMA

Kommentare: Helps with MIPS.
I dont think there should be a charge for users to attend a yearly conference to learn more about the system they are paying handsomely for

It is capable of producing a comprehensive clear note. The ability to access pictures and notes is good .

It requires technical skills that have outstripped our dedicated older workers capabilities. We have to have younger tech savvy assistants do much of the work including path logs and notes. The notes are too long and the assistants have to spend their time with i-pads in hand instead of physically helping the patients and providers. Our overhead has skyrocketed with more personnel and the increased costs to EMA. We have spent many long hours implementing and training with this system and the charges just keep coming

Antwort von Modernizing Medicine

Good morning Dr. Beers - We appreciate you sharing your honest feedback with us and have passed along your concerns. modmed Central is a great resource for helpful videos, product updates, etc., and our support team (https://www.modmed.com/support/) is always happy to assist you and your staff. - Holly A., Clinical Solutions Manager

Barry
Administrator in USA
Medizinische Praxis, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Very happy otolaryngology practice!

Kommentare: Mod Med was on our short list of four vendors for evaluation. Two were specialty specific, two were general. 1.5 years into our installation, we are SO GLAD that we selected this system and strategic vendor partner.

Doctors love the iPad device. We absorbed staff attrition because of system efficiencies, now doing the same clinical work with less staff. Practice Management has been a pleasant surprise. We now collect 10% better than with our previous system because of integrated clearing house and point-of-sale merchant services devices.

Mod Med is a dynamic company and constantly updating the products. We love that! The frequent updates requires you to keep up with release notes (we don't mind this) and sometimes a new release breaks old features (we don't appreciate this). There's still room for better alpha/beta testing. Additionally, Mod Med needs to enhance ancillary service features (audiology, allergy). We know those changes are on the road map, but we need them.

Antwort von Modernizing Medicine

Good morning Barry - Thank you so much for taking the time to share such a detailed review with us and other considering our ENT EHR system. - Holly A., Clinical Solutions Manager

Bart
Surgeon in USA

Great EHR maybe WORST customer service in history

Kommentare: Absolutely awful and they will not even respond to their complete incompetent billing practices .

EHR is documentation great. Ipad interface is good

The customer service is zero. We had requested providers and services be removed, over the years. Every time they continue to bill you for those things you requested removed. We even sold the company, transferred account and continue to be billed. They are non responsive, and simply do not care at all about your business once you start with them.

vor 9 Monaten

Frankie
Office Manager in USA
Medizinische Praxis, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

The better of the EHR systems

Modmed definitely provides a near foolproof design however has room for some improvement. It is fairly easy to get new staff accustomed to the features and processes in order to scribe, manage patients, book appointments etc. Support is typically great, fast response times, but does depend on who answers the phone.

Support does depend on who answers the phone. The billing/claims end is just okay, definitely needs fine tuning. Analytics is a nightmare.

vor 11 Monaten

Deanna
Operations Analyst in USA

Operations Analyst - Urology

Kommentare: Never Buy this system

The System looks nice, Training staff was nice and seemed to be very knowledgeable. Other then that, I don't have anything else to say nice about this system.

Sales promises you the world but watch out! Poor Implementation, never had a site visit nor did they gather my Interface requirements and when I asked about the requirements, I was told "we have done this 1000 times we know what we are doing", I wasn't given any test environment with working interfaces to our PM system Test Environment to test the interfaces in advance of go live, when I asked for Interface specs, I was told they don't have any and I still do not have them. I argued the point months in advance of Go Live and I was told that if they were to give me a test environment it would delay my go live until 3rd qtr 2018 instead of 1st qtr 2018. Go Live, they decide to upgrade our Production Environment that morning without notifying me, we had blow ups (errors) across 3 locations (80+ users) Since January 15th, I have 90+ issues I've reported to them and 46 issues still open, and the majority of the 46 issues are things that Development has to fix or Interfaces that need to be fixed because they are lacking data such as Date of Death, Our Doctor's Name, No Referring Provider Interface (and they charged me to upload a .csv file so I could have something in the EMR) and more, It's been a nightmare and still is. I wouldn't select this EMR if I had to do it over again because the original quote is low, but then you get hit with we'll it you want that feature you will have to pay X Amount per Month. NIGHTMARE COMPANY to deal with. I can go on and on, but this will have to do. I think you can get of it.

Antwort von Modernizing Medicine

Hi Deanna - We hear your concerns and our team is committed to helping you with the challenges your practice has been facing. A representative from our company will contact you as soon as possible. - Alex B., Marketing

George
Physician in USA
Medizinische Praxis, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Very cumbersome. Better EMRs out there.

Kommentare: Looks "pretty" when you first see it, but this program is very cumbersome. Requires multiple mouse clicks for simple tasks. You have click from screen to screen multiple times to complete a chart note. Customer support is horrible. I was locked out of system after hours on a Friday and could not get anyone to help me regain access until Monday. More expensive than other EMRs we looked at including E-Clinical and Epic. In so many words, we have been very disappointed with this system.

Physical exams can be customized fairly easily. Otherwise, there are not many positives to this system.

Very low, cumbersome, lots of clicking, horrible customer support, more expensive than it appears.

Antwort von Modernizing Medicine

We certainly appreciate you sharing your feedback, as it will help both our team and product to better meet the needs of our clients. Someone from our customer success team will reach out to discuss your experience, or you can reach us at 561-880-2998 x2. - Holly A., Clinical Solutions Manager

Quelle: GetApp

Summary of experience

Kommentare: Very Unhappy with this company and Be Wary of signing any contracts
with this company. Do not rush into any contract with Modernizing Medicine!!!

Has potential for dermatology experience, but very poor experience with the company training experience and the company does not keep their promises. This company treats the small dermatology very poorly.

Very poor communication about their contract, because the leaders of this company only care about Modernizing Medicine and their bottom line and they do not work in a fair way with the dermatologist.

Edmund
President in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Modernizing Medicine is the worst part of my medical practice

Kommentare: Customer service is the absolute worst. They are only concerned with selling software to new users. They stole $3500 out of my automated payment set up with my bank account and still haven’t returned it.

Graphics and ability to take photos. Operative note capability has been improving.

Frequent downtime and glitches in the software, user unfriendly, many redundant time consuming data entry areas, lack of billing codes and text for common procedures

Larry
Medical Director in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

EMR for Derm

Kommentare: I am able to document my interactions with dermatology patients who usually have multiple Chief Complaints and multiple procedures quickly and efficiently

Very user friendly and easy to document lesions and their treatment

Fairly expensive and ongoing support is not cheap

Antwort von Modernizing Medicine

Hi Dr. Feldman - Thank you so very much for taking the time to share your feedback with others considering our EHR system. Glad to have you and ClearlyDerm as part of the Modernizing Medicine family! - Holly A., Clinical Solutions Manager

Erica
ARNP in USA
Medizinische Praxis, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

The way EHRs are meant to be

Makes chatting a Breeze User friendly, Cuts charting time in half Codes instinctually & will likely get remimbursed

Used for Specialist in Gastrointestinal & Dermatology Would love it if a system was available for Internal - Functional Medicine

Antwort von Modernizing Medicine

Hi Erica and thank you so much for your positive feedback and taking the time to share your thoughts. We're so glad to hear about your positive experience! Our EHR system currently serves dermatology, gastroenterology, ophthalmology, orthopedics, otolaryngology, pain management, plastic surgery and urology practices, as well as ambulatory surgery centers. Have a great week! -Holly A., Clinical Solutions Manager

Andrew
USA
Medizinische Praxis
Verwendete die Software für: Nicht angeboten

EMA as a great tool for a multi-location dermatology group.

EMA provides a very thorough set of tools with which to chart and track patient visits for Dermatology. It is visually pleasing, robust, easy to teach, and easy to navigate for Doctors and Staff alike. We have found that the software is able to document both routine and unusual visits with similar ease. Great features like "stickiness" make routine tasks increasingly simpler overtime. As a company, EMA offers better than average support for routine problems, usually striving to fix issues quickly after being notified. The software is robust and seldom has availability or speed problems. Constant updates demonstrate Modernizing Medicine's commitment to keeping the software relevant and current, as well as increasing its functionality. Overall, it has been a great tool to support our Medical staff in treating and managing patients. We spent extra time and money to link EMA to our LIS and to our PM systems, and that has provided both great efficiency and higher quality data consistency (meaning less mistakes).

Because the software is web-based and centralized, it is not always suitable to unique needs or special requests of any specific practice. That said, most of our needs have been addressed within the software.

Michele
Director of Business Process in USA
Medizinische Praxis, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Life changing

Ease of documentation, consistencies for standardization, customization options, ease of workflows and maneuvering through the patients chart

Lack of ASC capabilities....for now. Downtime issues or plan/protocol breaks when an upgrade is pushed

Antwort von Modernizing Medicine

Hi Michelle! We really appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback and glad you have found documentation in our EMR easy to use.

Linda
USA
Verwendete die Software für: Nicht angeboten

Kommentare: Before going to the training in Florida, I was skeptical if there could actually be a dermatology compatible EMR. Our small practice (1 doctor and 2 medical assistants) was moving locations and starting fresh after using only paper charts. The 2 medical assistants do everything from patient check in, scribing for the doctor, assisting in procedures, answering phones, check out, and billing. We needed a software that would help, not hinder, our office flow. We have been pleasantly surprised over and over again! Here is why we love EMA and the company that brings it to us. EMA has been developed and continues to be improved by people who use it. This translates into easy-to-use software that works in the real world. Our staff have different comfort levels with computers, but all of us have been able to use EMA proficiently in a short amount of time. EMA makes caring for our patients easier. EMA saves time, freeing us to do the most important thing, taking care of our patients. We often take credit when our patients say “this office is like a well-oiled machine”, even though much of our efficiency is due to EMA. When we have a question or a suggestion, the support team at Modernizing Medicine responds quickly. The suggestion process is easy and our suggestions are taken seriously. The improvements that are made are consistently an improvement. Their staff is professional, knowledgeable, and refreshingly kind. I am not someone who likes change, but when it comes to EMA, if something is changing, it means it is only getting better.

Sarah
Practice Manager in USA

Great Product

user friendly , good support & robust functionality

not enough information with new updates

Antwort von Modernizing Medicine

Hi Sarah - Thank you for taking time to leave a review and sharing your feedback. I wanted to share that modmed Central is a great resource where you can access information on product updates and more. -Holly A., Clinical Solutions Manager

Crystal
Billing Spec in USA

Our company has been using EMA since 2012 and it has grown since

Ease of use of the software, also the company always has webinars for new improvements that come out quarterly.

sometimes the whole server may go down and take longer than expected to come back up. This takes time away from the company to put in charges .