Über ClassDojo

Software, die durch die Punktevergabe für die Teilnahme im Klassenzimmer positives Verhalten fördert.

Erfahre mehr über ClassDojo

ClassDojo changed the way I run a classroom. I use it as a positive rewards system, to communicate with students and families, build community, and teach social/emotional learning and mindfulness.

The app once a student behaves negatively sometimes makes the student behave in an even worse way as that child knows others know how they have behaved.

Bewertungen zu ClassDojo

ClassDojo hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,7 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 814 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du ClassDojo bereits verwendet?

Russell s P.
Russell s P.
Teacher, Consultant in USA
E-Learning, Selbstständig

Simple to integrate, powerful to use!

Kommentare: Positively rewarding and motivating students

Class Dojo is like a teacher's digital classroom management assistant! There's lots to love! - First, it's free. Who doesn't like free? - Next, it's extremely user-friendly. Within 15 minutes you can set-up and learn to navigate the features and layout. In just 5 more minutes, you can roll it out to your classroom. Teacher's are already lacking time, and the simplicity of this platform is wonderful. - It's versatile! You can use it systematically as an everyday part of your lesson - managing and tracking behavior and learning data or you can use it for a much less intensive purpose like tracking time, adding audio cues for your students, keeping a scoreboard during a game, etc. - Parents can link with their students to learn more. This creates a paperless communication system between the student and home. - They've recently added a digital portfolio piece for students. I'm still new and exploring, but this looks to be a powerful addition that students/teachers could use for creating and sharing assignments (reducing paper). It seems to also have built-in features (activities), too. Excited to learn more! - Last but not least, I suppose my favorite, yet simple, reason I love ClassDojo is that it just reminds me to be positive. I can focus on the positive I see in students and reward and reinforce their positive behavior.

This is not a con to ClassDojo, but just an observation - ClassDojo will not solve all of your classroom management issues. It is not a quick, easy fix, so don't view it that way. You have to carefully consider usage if you want this to be a main ingredient in your classroom. In that train of thought, it could cause students to act even more negatively because they're now able to gain a bigger audience and receive more attention. Once again, this is not a ClassDojo problem, I just want future users to be aware.

Erick P.
Teacher in Mexiko
Bildungsmanagement, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

ClassDojo: a friend for teachers.

5 vor 2 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: As I said, I can enhance the communication with parents, and also have a track of the conversations, agreements, or anything. It is great for me to share pictures and videos of what students work in class.

I like that it's great to maintain good communication with parents, I hope they can include more things to support instruction.

I think if they include some way to create polls or surveys, also some other ways to support instruction would be more usable.

Sarah M.
Office Assistant in USA
Bau, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Useful Tool for the Classroom

3 vor 2 Monaten Neu

I really like that there are teacher resources as well as behavior tracking. It’s very useful especially for the elementary age.

The biggest con is that this isn’t really geared for older students, just elementary.

Siedah M.
Patient Care Coordinator in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

I have been using Dojo...

I have been using Class Dojo for the past 8 years for my children. I love the fact that I can easily navigate the software and can communicate with my children's teacher via the app on my phone. They also keep us updated on school related notices. My children also have their own class dojo account and they can tell when they are doing a good job because they receive points from the teachers and parents. I love Class Dojo

The only thing that I dont like about Class Dojo is that you have to pay to keep giving the points. I think that feature should be free.

Sage W.
Bildungsmanagement, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

ClassDojo Tool Kit is Great!

4 vor 2 Monaten Neu

I truly enjoy using ClassDojo for all of the Toolkit features it has. I use the Random Student Generator, the Timer, and the Noise Meter almost daily. The kids love to be able to visually see how much time is left until we are moving on to the next thing. It really helps them to stay focused and complete their assignment. I enjoy using the Noise Meter, because it definitely helps keep the volume down in my classroom. I don't use the Random Student Generator that often, but when I do it is much easier than pulling out my popsicle sticks with names on them:) Overall the tools available are fun to use and user friendly.

With the features I use, I don't have any complaints. I did choose not to use the discipline/behavior part of ClassDojo. In my opinion some students are not motivated by public display and sometimes it can backfire.

Alice O.
Hair stylist in USA
Kosmetik, Selbstständig

Perfect app for preschool

5 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: Great app , really easy to use even for multiple students

I love that our kids teachers can upload pictures and Videos in a safe space for us parents to see

The advertisements can be a little too much .

Justine F.

Clap for Dojo!

5 vor 2 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: ClassDojo has tied together most of my class engagement. If I ever have a problem, the staff is quick to respond. My students and families would be lacking transparency without a tool like ClassDojo!

I love that ClassDojo boosts community, student, and family engagement. The features I love are the built in videos, messaging, and points systems.

I don’t like the attendance feature or the directions tab. These features have an awkward lengthy process to maintain.

Sharay B.
Office manager in USA
Tierarzt, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Simple & quick

5 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: My overall experience with ClassDojo is positive. It’s simple & easy, efficient for student information & a great communication tool between the teachers & the students family.

The features I like the most in class dojo are the ability to talk with teachers/coaches quickly & easily.

The least favorite features in class dojo are the paid features. Only because every students family should be able to access to their child’s record without having to pay.

Jacqueline L.
Receptionist in USA
Tierarzt, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

ClassDojo

5 vor 2 Wochen Neu

I like that it is easy to be connected with my Childs school day and it is easy to get messages to and from teachers about important events or just daily updates. and I get messages about things being sent home or documents to sign rather than just having to look in my childs backpack everyday.

No cons! I think this is a great software.

Lina V.
Senior Accounts Payable in USA
Computer-Software, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

ClassDojo - Great tool for teachers and parents

5 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: I have a great experience with this software. I love to be able to see my child’s experience

I love that I can download pictures and videos of my child and his friends and keep them forever

What I do not like is that sometimes the notifications do not show

Cori D.
Corrections Sargent in USA
Strafverfolgung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Great way to stay connected to your child's teacher

Kommentare: I am grateful for this software. It has been an amazing experience to be connected with my child and the person caring for him throughout the day. I can not praise the makers of this app enough! Sidenote.. you can use this on desktop as well. I can not always have access to my cell at work for security reasons so when I do not have my phone I use the desktop to check out messages and see what is new at school! :)

My older son's teacher used this software in the past but at the time my wife mainly used it to connect with the teacher and stay up to date on class information. My youngest son who is special needs just started Kindergarten. Having a special needs child go away from home for the first time was nerve wrecking. The teacher is using Class Dojo and it has really put my mid at ease. The Real time Talk feature is amazing. the teacher can send you a message that you will be notified of via the app or your email and you can respond back immediately. It is received like a text through the app so there is no time delay. She can tell me if he is having a good day or if he is struggling. If there is important class updates the information is on there so we are not hoping a small child manages to bring home a note. There is a free version but for the five or six bucks a month that the Plus version cost it is well worth it. The child can make their own portfolio and as a parent you can reward points for accomplishments. The teacher can upload photos and videos. You just feel like you are a major part of your child's day. There is a cute monster character that my son enjoys. It makes school more fun and he knows mom and dad are participating even if we are not physically there.

I have not complaints. I am using it daily as we started school here in Florida already for the 2021/2022 school year. I was able to figure out how to use it quickly and I am very pleased. Just this morning we realized my son left without a snack and we messaged the teacher on the app. She immediately responded not to worry that she had extra snacks in the classroom. Peace of mind is priceless although like I said the Plus version is very inexpensive anyway. The teacher did not require anyone to purchase Plus package. Some parents are using the free version. I recommend taking advantage of the extras that come with the paid subscription because there is just a lot of fun things for the kids on there. I just think of it as the cost of school supplies. It just enhances the classroom experience for the child as well as the teacher and family.

Brenda K.
E-Learning, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Gets Better Each School Year!

Kommentare: My overall experience has been excellent. My son's teacher has awarded him points each day since school began. ( One week ago) He is very excited to collect points for rewards! I have been able to message his teacher on the spur of the moment to inform her about a forgotten paper at home as well as to remind her to check his backpack for classroom supplies I gifted to her. Upcoming events and assignments are posted on the class update page making it easy to plan ahead and stay organized!!!! The cost is well worth having the Plus version. I get so many extra features for such a little monthly cost. You can actually pay upfront for the while year and it brings the monthly cost to less than five dollars a month! There is a free trial but you are not going to part with this software once you use it so the free trial is unnecessary!

Continuously evolving! I had previous experience with this software but my son is older now and his teachers no longer use this app/software. My youngest just started school and I am pleased that his teacher is using ClassDojo! it is even better than I remember it and I was excited about it back then! The free version gives you the instant Real Time Talk feature. This is like a text type feature that allows you to talk back and forth with the teacher instantly. I have already used it three times in the first week of school! In addition the free version gives you access to the dashboard where you can find your child's "story". In this section the teacher can give points for good behavior such as "being ready to learn" and "staying on task". There is a monster avatar that the children can use the points to buy features and accessories for. The dashboard also allows you to see class updates, photos and announcements. The desktop version gives you access to all of the above features. If you download the app available for android as well as Iphones, you can award your child points at home for completing homework or other good behavior. The children can customize their monster and you can set goals for the week. If you buy ClassdDojo Plus for less than eight dollars a month you get even more features such as Progress Reports, unlimited points to award your child, extra monster parts that your child can earn that are not available with the free version.

There is nothing to not like. This app is an amazing addition to any school year for students, teachers and parents.

Fundador -CEO in Kanada
Professionelles Training & Coaching, Selbstständig

Mejor que classroom para Pre escolar y primaria

Kommentare: He apoyado a varios colegios desde que inicio la pandemia en la utilización de Class Dojo, los maestros que no querían hacer un esfuerzo por aprender otra plataforma se inclinaban por Classroom, por ser lo más cómodo para ellos, sin embargo al final de cuentas, los papás experimentaban descontento por qué al término del día, eran ellos los que terminaban tomado fotos de los trabajos de sus hijos, escaneando, subiendo archivos para el classroom del maestro. Class Dojo es diferente, cuando el profesor o tutor deja una tarea, en la misma tarea tiene la opción de que el alumno responda, ya sea con foto, con texto, con video, con archivo...directamente desde la actividad en cuestión. Esto supone un ligero tiempo más dedicado por parte de los profesores, sin embargo significa menos tiempo perdido por parte de los papás en subir los archivos de sus hijos. Los papás reciben una cuenta de tutor con lo cual pueden monitorear el avance de sus hijos y la entrega de tareas, esto hacia que los papás se involucraran más. Al final se sintieron agradecidos con los maestros por respetar sus tiempos, tener mayor control y hacer clases dinámicas para sus hijos. En el caso de algunos papás perezosos que generaban excusas para no estar monitoreando a sus hijos, al final terminaban participando activamente. ClassDojo es más divertido para las clases que classroom, por mucho. Promueve de forma natural la participación activa de los pequeños y de los papás.

Es extremadamente atractivo para los niños. Involucras a los papás de forma voluntaria. Al dejar actividades o tareas los niños en la misma tarea pueden responder sin necesidad de que los papás tengan que hacer malabares para entregar, tomar fotos, subirlas y enviarlas a los maestros. Facilita la interacción entre el maestro, el alumno y los papás. Los papás agradecen al final que no pierden tiempo asistiendo a sus hijos en la entrega de tareas o trabajos, y lo aprovechas en sus labores.

A veces cuesta un poco de trabajo que una personas: maestro o tutor empiece a utilizar Class dojo. Y algunos papás son perezosos para aprender algo nuevo.

Barbara S.
1st grade teacher in USA
Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Positive behavior incentive program

Kommentare: Class Dojo has simplified my teaching and behavior program. My students are motivated to change their monsters by earning a given number of points. No more tangible treasure goody chests etc. My parents love the ability to see how their child is doing and so many positives during the day. Class dojo "paints a picture of their child's day" and they are more supportive. Even when a student has a tough day (with some red poor choice points), they always have areas where they earn positive points.

Class dojo allows teachers to reward individual students (groups or whole class) in a positive way, using points for good choices (e.g. stays on task, works cooperatively, shows kindness) as well as poor choices (e.g. playing during lessons, poor behavior in music class). Teachers can determine what good behaviors/habits they would like their students to demonstrate and set point goals for students to change their monsters (class dojo offers fun holiday, reading and other monsters). They can message parents with a positive note or concern about a problem using android or online devices. Teachers don't have to answer "How's my child doing?" because parents can see behavior points real time. Class dojo has toolkit for playing, timer, group maker, and options to display items (directions, think-pair-share, or daily messages on interactive white boards).

Class dojo does need to add more "pictoral" icon (e.g. exercise, specials - Spanish, computer... ) - these are icons that students see when the point is awarded. I try to use icons that are close to the behavior that I want students to model but I often have to repeat icons. I encourage my students to participate in exercise/brain breaks every day so I currently use a "mountain icon". Students who show leadership choices see a "badge".

Jillian C.
teacher in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Good app, but not ideal for high school

Kommentare: This app is very cute, easy to set up, and with some time, very customizable. And it helped with formative assessments. But, ultimately, I stopped using it and went back to just using index cards. However, I think that I'm not the target for this app and that teachers of younger students would love it!

This app was recommended to me to help with class participation in the classes I teach. I wanted to be able to keep track of what students were accomplishing in real time. Some examples of things I wanted to track were answering a question correctly, answering a question incorrectly but persisting to get the right answer, helping another student, or asking an insightful question. Basically, I wanted to use this to help with formative assessments in my classes. I felt like documenting these thing in real time would give me data that would help me teach better, identify issues that students had frequently, and report information to parents or administrators if something came up.

I used it for several years, and it was OK. Setting up the categories that I wanted to keep track of took some time but it wasn't too hard. And, I was able to copy categories among classes. I also found it someone easy to set up classes. But actually using it wasn't fast enough for me. I had to click 3-4 times to document one thing. I thought it would be quicker. I can see younger students finding it cute that the little icon wiggles before the pop up appears. But I wanted something faster. I never felt comfortable having my students or parents download it and use it because it looks so juvenile. I wish there were different themes to choose. I just wouldn't be taken seriously as a teacher if they saw some of the art! I also wished that I could have had more flexibility with naming students and arranging them on the screen. Having them arranged like my seating chart would have helped a lot.

Kearstyn G.
RSP aide in USA
Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

ClassDojo is the Facebook of the Classroom

Kommentare: Overall, I enjoy this software very much. It’s improved communication for sure between myself and the parents of my students. It’s easy to use, easy to add new student(s), and easy to award good behavior with points and give visual consequences for poor behavior, which the parent can also see and track. I also appreciate that I can reach ClassDojo and all its perks on the computer, tablet, and even a smartphone. This program is wonderfully versatile and allows me to do much more than notes home and the occasional conference can do.

Oh there’s so much this software can do and so much GOOD it can do. I will focus, however, on my favorite amenities as that is the prompt for this section. First (and the most important for me) is that I can use this program as a personalized classroom Facebook. To clarify, I can message parents in real time about their child’s progress. I can send pictures and written updates of good work and proof of a flourishing student. I can also send evidence of a children who needs work focusing or is causing distractions. No longer do I need to send home notes that have a very high chance of getting buried at the bottom of backpacks or simply forgotten over the weekend. Instead, I can take a picture or copy the information and send it straight to the parent (though there is no real guarantee that it still won’t be forgotten over the weekend). This is especially important when reminding parents of upcoming conferences or IEPs. Better yet, the parent can reply right back to me. They can easily message me directly with questions. It’s also pretty handy with alerting parents that there is indeed homework or that a book still needs to read despite’s a child’s possible promise that they needn’t do anything after school.

I don’t actually have a con with the mechanics of the program or the amenities it provides, but one part my students may not be overly fond of is that if I want to show one student how many points they have earned or how many offenses they have made, there is no privacy feature, so that one student can see the points of all their classmates. It’s often too big of a secret to keep. A student with less points then their classmates may get a bit crestfallen at having fallen behind while the student far ahead of their peers gets distracted with gloating.

Laura M.
1st grade teacher in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

ClassDojo is a great tool to use in the classroom!

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: I really like using ClassDojo in my classroom as a way to stay connected to my parents and families. It is very convenient that you can print reports right from the website so the parents can see their child's week overall, along with real time communication on the message board. I'm glad my colleague told me about this website. It has made behavior reports and communication with parents so much easier and convenient. Almost all the teachers in my school use ClassDojo for the same reason, especially with the pandemic and having to have a way to talk to parents when everyone was at home.

I like that parents have the capability to see how their child is doing in real time. The app is very useful and can be accessed from many different devices. The message feature is also nice because you can respond quickly to a message, not worrying about sending an email. The message board is also a great way to keep a record of conversations that can be referenced later.

I wish that there was a way to search through the message board to find certain conversations instead of having to read through the whole feed. A key word search would be nice to pinpoint the conversation you are trying to recall. Another feature that would be nice is if there was another way to connect with parents. Right now you can print the codes or send a text to the parent. It would be nice for there to be an option for an automated call to go out to the parents as well reminding them to sign up for their child or telling them there is an important message for them to see.

Sharon T.
Sharon T.
Speech-Language Pathologist in USA
501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Great Tool for Entire School Staff

Kommentare: It has helped behavior improve in my classroom tremendously. Students know that if I give or take a point, their teacher knows immediately. It's also a great way to communicate easily with parents. Most parents have a mobile phone and they tend to check their phones frequently. It is faster than email.

I like that students/classes can be shared with other teachers. If a student does well in Art or has an issue in Music, that teacher can click on Dojo and either give or take away Dojo points from the student. You don't have to wait until the student returns to the classroom and try to find time to talk to the teacher about the issue. It is super quick and easy to use. Bring your ClassDojo up on a computer, iPad, cell phone, etc. and have it open and ready for use. When you need to give or add points, you can do so immediately. If I give a point to a student in my room, the teacher is automatically notified on her device with the point popping up on the student's icon. It's a great way to communicate not only between classrooms regarding shared students, but also with parents that sign up. It includes an email feature with parents that is super handy.

Sometimes it is a little tricky to set up the sharing of a classroom with other teachers. It would be nice to have more of a step by step set of directions to go along with Class Dojo. The directions are included, but it would be helpful if they were more concise and step by step and addressed each area.

Stephanie M.
Bildungsmanagement, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Excellent parent/teacher communication tool

Kommentare: Classdojo helps my kids' parents feel connected to our class in spite of everyone's busy scheduals, which has opened up lines of communication that wouldn't have had the chance to develop as easily otherwise. Classdojo has made my life, and theirs, much more hassle free. I love Classdojo, and so do the parents!

Classdojo helps me communicate more effectively with parents that I don't see often, and even the ones I do! It's set up like a social media site, making it easy and accessible to all parents. Via the app or the website, they can private message me. When this happens it will give me a notification on my phone, for exame "Joe will be arriving late today due to a doctor's appointment", and gives me the option to private message them as well. Classdojo also allows me to leave messages on the main board about our day, or what the students are working on, which all the parents can view. The program keeps track of who's viewed what and gives the parent the option to like the post. I had the parents sign a photo waver in the beginning and I am now able to post pictures of their child's day. Whether it's doing word work, or just being creative during art, I'm able to post a picture of their child doing something in class, which the parents wouldn't normally have access to. There is also a daily points system for each child that is only accessible to that child's parent to give them an idea of how they behaved. I have chosen not to use this option myself, as I have young, special needs kids. This feature is simple to use and gives options for the points the children earn. The best thing about Classdojo, in my opinion, is the ease of use. It's easy to use and keeps the parents informed of daily or weekly news, such as what happened, or what the kids were learning that day.

Once I printed out invitations for the class at the beginning of the year it was difficult to find where to print out new invitations for the two new students I got later in the year. Eventually I just sent the parents a link to accept via their email, which worked as well.

Tara M.

Great Source for Classroom Management

Kommentare: Overall, I like this program because it's customizable, it captures my students' attention, it allows me to reward my students and give them a consequence, and it's a way to communicate with parents. It's an all-in-one program/app. I like that I can also display it on my projector screen through my computer so that my students can listen for the "ding" of points/point removal and see their characters. I also like that parents receive notifications for specifics of what their child did well/poorly on behavior-wise. For example, if I set up one of my behavior categories to say, "Following Directions," and then take away points from a student, parents can see that that is a skill their child needs to work on behaviorally at school. I also like being able to set a class goal for the students to try for. (i.e.: When we reach 10,000 Class Dojo points, we can have a class pizza party.) Earning ClassDojo points is a huge student incentive.

The students like getting to customize their individual characters at home, and as a teacher, I like using this software on both my computer and phone (app) to provide discipline (both negative and positive). I can award students points, or take Dojo points away for bad behavior.

I wish I had to ability to add parents' numbers to the program (sign them up myself) like I can through the Remind software program.

Campus Instructional coach in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

ClassDojo in the Classroom

Kommentare: ClassDojo is an essential component to any teaching classroom, especially with the diversity of learners and the uniqueness of culture every student brings. It provides a crucial incentive for students to be at their best.

ClassDojo is a must have for creating a culture of respect, accountability to parents and incentives for students to perform at their optimal level. Fun and easy to use, students love the interactive Dojo points they earn when they perform. The software is free to use and customizable. It is not only for educators. It can be used in multiple settings. Points for certain behaviors can be set. The software can be used on laptops, tablets and even phones. The software creatively allows for students to choose their monster, giving them ownership. It allows the user to inform parents of how students are doing and even tells you if the parents have opened the message.

The only problem that I encountered was that it minimized the actual conversations that I had with parents in person. Like any software, the user must be extra careful this does not replace parents coming and talking with the teacher. Many parents thought ClassDojo replaced the annual parent conferences. I had to let them know that this is an essential tool but does not replace us meeting together.

Senior IT Support Analyst in Kanada
Finanzdienstleistungen, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Great communication tool for parents and school

Kommentare: Overall, it's a good app and can cut away may phone calls to teachers , which definitely a plus for teachers themselves. The download feature should be open and leave it with the school to decide to allow download or not or decide to post pictures with other kids or not.

- Very easy to use.. great way to communicate between teachers and parents - Parents would love that teachers can post their kids pictures using the applications - the points systems is especially good for lower grades students (unfortunately my kid's teachers just start using it in the beginning and never use since, maybe it's a troublesome system for teachers?) - A great way to send last minutes communications, such as school closures due to weather - good that they provide support for end users - parents as well. They did reply within 24 hours

One thing I really DON"T like is the lack of way to download the pictures posted. This is restricted on the app level. I actually opened a ticket with ClassDojo and they did replay and told me this was by design due to privacy issue (some other students might not like it) However, I think the privacy concern should leave it with the teachers/schools. For example, my kid school has a strict policy to post ONLY pictures with my kid's face. Since it is a pictures with my kid face only, I should be able to download it myself. Another possible workaround is to let the teacher decide to allow download or not when they post the pictures. Again, I am not oppose to the privacy concern but I think this should leave it with the school to decide, which most schools is following strict policy like mine.

Samer Y.
Attorney in USA
Rechtsberatung, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

You can't put a price on your children's education

Kommentare: Overall I love the fact that my children at day care or in school are shown to me at various points in the day. Classdojo does not I believe have a live stream availability but that is for the best as I would spend too much time on the live stream and not enough time on my work which is the main reason to have your school or day care utilize the classdojo app or software. I would recommend this app and software as you can't put a price on your child's education.

As a parent you need to save all the money you can and a free version of classdojo.com or through the app is right up everyone's alley. But even if they charged parents a dollar per month it would be worth it. A teacher at anytime could load a video or photo of the children at school to let you know they're happy and safe.

Like all software there are some issues and the only issue I can across was through the app. Sometimes videos won't have sound but I attribute that to one of three reasons. The only reason that can be blame on classdojo is the coding or some error took place and I couldn't hear the sound. The other two times was that my phone was too old, (First generation SE iPhone)and the app was not supported or the teacher posted the video purposely without sound. The video sound error is rare enough that it won't matter in the long run.

Stacey M.
Bildungsmanagement, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Classroom Life Saver

Kommentare: Overall, kids love DoJo. It's easy, quick, and effective. It's a life saver with parent communication if connected, for tracking through the reports, and for quick feedback to the kids!

I love that Dojo creates 'monster' icons for each student to represent them. It's easy to give students 'points' for expected behaviors or behaviors that go above and beyond. I also enjoy that I can give a whole class a point for something. It's easy to take away points for unexpected behaviors as well. There is a great report that attaches to each students' day as well with what they earned or lost points for. Adding parapros, specials teachers, special education teachers, etc is easy and they can give and take points from a class as well. DoJo also can be connected to parents, so parents can keep track of their child's day, get a report, or communicate with the teacher! The points earned and taken away can be modified for specific target behaviors as well rather than a blanket one is all set up. Points can be managed through your computer or through the phone add as well for easy use!

I truly don't have anything I dislike about Dojo. It's easy, free, and quick to use! I have nothing to recommend for changes.

Brooke G.
Brooke G.
Special Education in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

The greatest positive reinforcement for students

ClassDojo's software is user friendly for teachers. In my classroom, it is used as incentive for positive behaviors. I use it heavily when students are off task or loud, by giving other students Dojo points for being on task or quiet. It is reinforcement of others with tons of verbal recognition to desired behaviors in hopes to change the undesired behaviors from other students. Rarely do I use the option to take away points, but it is usually a large disappointment to my students. Because I'm only a Special Education classroom, we don't have parties for Dojo points like the regular education classrooms. But the points in my classroom affect their regular ed. rewards. The younger grades usually have class points and have parties, where as the upper elementary grades have an auction in my school. Their points get turned into fake money on auction day and students are encouraged to bring in goods to sell or buy.

My least favorite aspect is not concerning software, but that some parents would like photos of the class while others have declined permission to have their student's picture taken. It makes it rough trying to figure out who can be in a picture and who cannot. I enjoy talking with parents with live time updates on their student's behaviors, but I struggle with the picture aspect.