Benefits of using Maintenance Connection

David J.
Electrician
Zeitung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter
Bedienkomfort

Kommentare: We are using the desktop version to plan and analyse our PM strategy and work orders. The trades staff on the floor use the mobile version which will run on most tablets via a standard browser at all our plants to record all breakdowns of assets which is then analysed each month to identify reoccuring faults or assets that are regularly failing. A strategy is then put in place to eliminate the root cause of the issue.
The trades staff can also access asset information via the tablet (such as manuals, procedures) that are directly linked to the asset or the work order.
We are now seeing huge gains in efficiencies in the inventory section of our business due to the automatic reorder functionality for inventory as the trades staff directly book out parts used. once a work order is entered on the tablet, the trades staff can look up parts that are used on that asset and see how many of those parts are in stock and the location of the bin in the store .

Vorteile: The ease of use in the configuration of MC is far better than what I experienced with different vendor.
Most user options are a setting that the local administrator can change via a tick box option.
The in built reporting and dashboard suite are very easy to pick up and customise reports and dashboards to your companies individual needs

Nachteile: The only problem I have found with the software is now that we are starting to use more features of the program at a higher level we are finding small bugs. These bugs don't affect the basic functionality and the support staff are brilliant in identifying the issues and passing the issues on to the developers to develop a fix.

von Maintenance Connection an 13.11.2018

David,

Thank you so much for your detailed feedback! We're thrilled to hear that you love the automatic parts reordering feature! Thank you for being a Maintenance Connection customer.

All the best,

Maintenance Connection used by local government

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 22.2.2017
Roy H.
Staatsverwaltung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter
Bedienkomfort

Kommentare: The County of Santa Barbara has been using the software for approximately 5 years. We use it for all our work orders. The navigation is good. We use it for preventive maintenance.
The software can do a lot more than we need.
The reporting is just "OK". This is the area they can improve on.
A great feature is, we store all our building blue prints in the software and we are starting to put in service manuals. This way the maintenance staff can see the prints and the manuals when he gets a work order on his smart phone.
The initial installation of the software was the fastest I have ever seen just a few hours for the webservers and sql server.
Putting the data in the software takes years and we will be inputting more data every year.
The navigation tree is great,,,, like windows explorer,,, easy to move around in the software, things are easy to find. Good software product.

Vorteile: Ease of navigations , ability to upload prints, manuals and pictures.

Nachteile: Reporting is not easy

von Maintenance Connection an 9.3.2017

Hello Roy,
Thank you for taking the time to give a thorough review of your experience using Maintenance Connection CMMS. We pride ourselves on successful implementation for all customers and are glad to hear your installation experience was smooth and fast. Additionally, it¿s great to hear that you find our navigation to be simple and easy to find what you¿re looking for. Our Customer Success team will reach out to you directly to understand your needs and feedback regarding reporting, and to share with you the reporting enhancements we have planned. Thank you again for your positive feedback, we always love to hear what customers think!

-Carissa

MC Review by EOG Resources

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 3.8.2011
Carin F.
Compression Operations Assistant
Bedienkomfort

Kommentare: I will recommend MC to anyone. There's so much that you can do with this program, it amazes me that I find something new each week. We track: Asset Moves, Calculate Usage Fees for Equipment, Track Run Hours, PM Schedule, Labor Records, plus many more. We have spent more money than expected in custom work, but support has worked well with getting everything needed, minimized the cost and/or came up with better solutions. The support team, especially who I deal with on a regular basis, throwing new ideas at (Arlene, Randy and Dan), are all extremely helpful. MC tracks more than what we originally planned for, maintains a good schedule, and will soon be company wide here at EOG. Different divisions all over the US with EOG have heard so much about how it's helped the South, that I've been getting phone calls and emails asking, How does it work? What do we need to do? Do you think it will help? etc... Definitely has been well worth the money spent and has saved us a lot of money in return.

Vorteile: Maintenance Connection (MC), has definitely helped us keep track of our equipment in the field. Our maintenance records are much easier to get to and review. We are able to diagnose and stop prevent future crashes based off the history reports. We have minimzed our spreadsheet use. I myself have stop using over 15 spreadsheets. We've been able to export our reports and link to a small access database to run numbers for accounting. This normally took everyone 1-2 weeks and now MC has allowed us to cut our time back to 1 day. Our company has to deal with State Regulations for Emissions/Greenhouse Gas. We've been able to implement so many flags to make sure we stay on top of our testing, run hours and our facility emissions. MC has been very flexible on what we can add, change and customize to fit our needs.

Nachteile: Based on how MC was initially set up, we've had to make quit a few customizations to the program to fit our needs. We have several more projects in works now. The program is set up to do what we want, but the way our company is set up, we have to take different steps to get to that end result. In the end, it cost a little more for each customization. I would definitely like to see, in the future, an easier way to keep the overall history in an upgrade would be nice, to fit our needs better when we have Assets and Parent Locations they change often.

MC is robust if you know it & have the time, else it is a basic tool for your shop to manage itself.

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 17.7.2017
Rebecca K.
IT Service Desk Manager
Bedienkomfort

Vorteile: The potential behind this software is impressive. One of our facilities have been using M/C for years and the manager uses this as his one stop shop for everything he works on... from the largest capital projects (complete project management) to the simplest PO order. Managing our inventory, parts, equipment and labor - so much information is available via reporting and historically; it truly makes a difference when evaluating products, requests, resources or incidents. Bottom line, the success of this software, it is about how much time, energy and effort you want to put forth and how much support you have from your up line.

Nachteile: Support. Routing calls to support or relying on support response can be frustrating. They have some amazing and brilliant people within the support group, please realize that - but getting to them or navigating through the phone system to leave a message is aggravating. More, it is irksome that if I do talk with someone they ask me if I looked on their help page first. Sometimes, that is not enough and I should not be shamed because they are being called.

Maintenance Connection is by far the top of line in support, functionality, ease of use, and overall facilities management.

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 7.10.2016
Lisa G.
Facilities and Services Information Systems Analyst
Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung, 201-500 Mitarbeiter
Bedienkomfort

Kommentare: As the software analyst for Facilities and Services, my first task was to upgrade the current system to a web version. The upgrade went fairly well until we moved to paperless, which included ipads for technicians. We found many limitations that were put on the software and I was forced to make work arounds in order to operate. After a year of frustration and complaints not only by our department but, by users putting in requests, I was given the task of researching other software vendors. We looked at many of the top ten facilities management software packages. Some vendors even came on campus to demo their product. The minute we looked at maintenance connection, we were sold. Here are some of the key points that we found different about maintenance connection. First thing that caught my attention was the fact that there are demo's and how to's on you tube. They are out there for everyone to see. It's not a secret. This told me they are open and not one of those companies that wants you to pay them just to show you functionality. The next selling point was the fact that the requestor can put in a request from any device. They can log into the requestor on their cell phone, ipad, chrome book.... There is not extra module to buy for that. Once I found these items, I set up a demo with them. The person that did the demo was amazing. He wasn't just a salesman, he knew the software and could answer questions about it. This is something I had never seen before. When he demo'd the calendar function (you can assign techs on a calendar), the maintenance manager got very excited. When he showed how easy it was to change a field name just by right clicking on it. I shed a tear. I couldn't help it. I was in front of all my coworkers and didn't want to show emotion but, I was overwhelmed by just how easy everything is. This software is a system admin dream. Six of us went to the user conference this week and all six of us came back with very happy faces and so much excitement. I could go on and on about how wonderful this software is. If you have struggled with your facilities management software, just look up maintenance connection on you tube. If that doesn't convince you, let them demo the software for you. You will be truly amazed!!!!!

MC better than Maximo? I think so!

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 3.12.2018
Kelly B.
Corporate Controller
Industrieautomation, 201-500 Mitarbeiter
Bedienkomfort

Vorteile: I was first introduced to Maintenance Connection in 2007. In the world of software development, that was a lifetime ago. It was a solid package back then, but I have since watched it bloom into the most highly rated CMMS software on Gartner's Magic Quadrant. What happened? In my opinion, the key to that success was rapid deployment of a mobile solution as well as well-executed integrations with other systems (especially ERPs). The power of Maintenance Connection (MC) is only effective if you can take it on the road with you and incorporate it with your other software solutions. TCO is also a huge factor with software implementation/ongoing maintenance and I believe MC is a decent value.

Nachteile: We often had issues with using different browsers as well as browser updates. I have moved onto another company and no longer use MC, so I'm not sure if they have put additional resources on that to ensure those bugs are kept to a minimum. Be sure to ask about that if you are considering this software.

CMMS Software You Can Use

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 8.11.2018
Joanna H.
Maintenance Coordinator/Engineering Clerk
Automotive, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter
Bedienkomfort

Kommentare: We have been able to implement MTBF tracking and starting to analyze the data we've been collecting to help put the top issues to rest. Their customer service team is top-notch, they are there to answer any questions or issues you might have. Kudos to them and all of their quick responses!!

Vorteile: The simplicity of initial setup and the ease of daily use is one of the best things about Maintenance Connection. The software is very intuitive and is designed with the end-user in mind. Their community area (MC User Connect) is a great part of the package - there's a Product Suggestion area, on-demand learning videos, and a library that holds a great amount of instruction if needed.

Nachteile: If you are using Maintenance Connection to connect multiple locations or facilities under one system, there are some areas of the software that need to be location specific, such as Failures - all 8 of my facilities do not share the same failure codes - we each have different equipment and machinery.

von Maintenance Connection an 13.11.2018

Thank you so much for the great review, Joanna! We're so glad you're a Maintenance Connection customer.

Thank you!

Great way to track asset maintenance

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 24.10.2018
Michael P.
Preventative Maintenance Coordinator
Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter
Bedienkomfort

Kommentare: I have used this software for 10 years as both a maintenance supervisor and as a preventative maintenance coordinator. Customer service is fantastic.

Vorteile: The available features: work order system, preventative maintenance scheduling/tracking, purchase order processing, and asset management. Many features are available for a wide variety of applications. Their customer service is second to none in similar kinds of software.

Nachteile: Some of the ways that specific features of the program don't interact with each other very well or something that seems easier to execute takes additional steps or mouse clicks to complete. Since the last update, I have noticed more problems - I am not a huge fan of the update. I also don't like being forced to track the majority of work orders by target dates.

von Maintenance Connection an 30.10.2018

Hi Michael, thank you for your review! We're glad that you love the product support! Don't hesitate to reach out to Support@maintenanceconnection.com if there's anything we can do to help.

- The Maintenance Connection Team

Great. It's been a Godsend for me.

Mark E.
Maintenance Manager
Maschinerie, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter
Bedienkomfort

Kommentare: It helps the maintenance department and me stay organized.

Vorteile: I'm audited quite frequently by our customers and each one I've shown the maintenance Connection Program to has liked it.
I can virtually run our maintenance department without physically being there which really helps me keep tabs when I'm on vacation.
The inventory module forces us to be organized which helps with the 6S program.

Nachteile: We are a cloud user and I think it's mainly because of our company securities, I have to store my documents on a Google drive and link it in.
The only one-on-one training I've had was when the bus traveled to MPLS. They don't seem to get close to the upper Midwest.

von Maintenance Connection an 11.7.2017

Thank you so much for your review, Mark! We're glad to hear that you are satisfied with Maintenance Connection!
If there's ever anything we can do to improve your experience, please reach out to our Customer Success team at Success@Maintenanceconnection.com.

Great Product / Excellent Support

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 22.3.2017
Patrick P.
Hydro Maintenance Specialist
Versorgungsunternehmen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
Bedienkomfort

Kommentare: Maintenance Connection has given us the ability to progressively change much of our maintenance culture from reactive to preventative. It is an excellent tool that provides our teams the means to better troubleshooting and preparedness, leading directly to increased efficiency. Having the flexibility to form this product to our work flow and process is invaluable.

Vorteile: Ability to adapt to our maintenance needs.

Nachteile: Waiting for product suggestions to materialize. Would like it to completely integrate with our financial system

von Maintenance Connection an 5.5.2017

Thank you for your comments Patrick! It's great to hear that Maintenance Connection's software has had such a positive impact on your organizations maintenance processes. We take our customer's product suggestions seriously and our Product Development team considers each one carefully. As far as integration with financial system's, we currently provide integration options via our Web API and Project Development Services. Our customer success team will be in touch soon to further discuss your comments.

Easy to Organize and Use

Kristi P.
Administrative Assistant
Bedienkomfort

Vorteile: Maintenance Connection allows us to keep all of our assets organized and structure our asset tree as we see fit. All work is documented and saved. We can have all cost, downtime, and other asset information together in one place. This program works well if you have everyone putting in an effort to utilize the different features that it offers.

Nachteile: Customizing reports can be difficult if you don't know what you are doing or how you want it or have to many factors that you need. However, customer service is a huge help and can usually help you customize your report.

von Maintenance Connection an 11.7.2017

Thank you so much for your review, Kristi! We're glad to hear that you are satisfied with Maintenance Connection!

Software Review

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 13.11.2018
Kevin H.
Maintenance Planner
Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter
Bedienkomfort

Kommentare: I highly recommend purchasing this program for any company that needs to track their equipment. This can track your hours, parts used & stocked, purchase history, equipment history, PMs and have all your vendors and manufactures a click away.

Vorteile: This is a very good CMMS. I have worked with several since 1985. Maintenance Connection's gold is in the reports. No other program offers this type of option. It cannot be beet. As a super-user I can tell you the reports function gives you every possible option to track your documentation and report it to those that need it.

Nachteile: The MC University training program needs help. I have been very dissatisfied with it. They do not take into account actual uses of the program. The writer probably hasn't actually used the program in real world as I have for 12 years.

Work orders and procedures are great, reporting is complicated

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 6.11.2018
Tim C.
Wind Technician
Erneuerbare Energien & Umwelt, 201-500 Mitarbeiter
Bedienkomfort

Kommentare: Overall on a day to day basis, it works out very well. When it comes to Asset management, it has to be done correctly from the beginning, otherwise there's no way to fix it later. This is suppose to be useful for every employee but it seems you need specialists in your company to handle reporting and troubleshooting.

Vorteile: Creating work orders, both automatically and manually are very easy. Adding time and creating procedures to add to work orders are easy too.

Nachteile: Creating a report to show specific data always requires that i get assistance from customer support whom shows me what seems like hidden features in the software and uses terms im not familiar with. Offline version has problems with loading or not pulling a work order when it fits all the requirements, and then releasing it back to CMMS takes a long time.

Flexibility is the Key

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 7.11.2018
Len D.
Operations Support and Infrastructure
Staatsverwaltung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter
Bedienkomfort

Kommentare: We're attempting to implement full CMMS, no information to remain in a silo. All updates are realtime reported through BI

Vorteile: I love the simple interface the crews use to enter data - TWC. I love the Asset Spec section - flexible and easy to expand.
The ability to write rules adds even more flexibility and work automation to the software.
Attaching more than one asset to a work order and the ability to use data hub is very important to us.
The ability for procedures to update asset specs is another biggy

Nachteile: The integration with GIS...it's weak.
Reporting could be improved we are now using BI to pull data from Asset Specs - Qlik Sense
The process of adding more than one asset needs to be improved
Enter time needs to be more flexible - more fields

By far the best value CMMS

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 6.11.2018
Boyd M.
Sr. Operations Director
Luft- & Raumfahrt, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter
Bedienkomfort

Kommentare: The Maintenance Connection support team is wonderful. They help you get to the solution you need and they don't nickle and dime you with extra charges like some of their competitors.

Vorteile: The Maintenance Connection reporting engine is outstanding. It is very easy to create custom reports yourself without having to pay a third party consultant. The "Smart Reports" feature lets the user link directly back to source data. For example, if you have a purchasing report with all the POs for the month, you can click on a line item and be taken directly to the specific PO in question. Same with work orders...

Nachteile: No cons at the moment. It seems when you run into an issue or a needed enhancement, the Maintenance Connection Team listens and fixes the problem.

Excited to learn more!!

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 5.10.2016
Erin M.
Executive Coordinator, Mt. Ops & Facilities Maint.
Gastgewerbe, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter
Bedienkomfort

Kommentare: We are excited to see the full potential of this software in our environment. It was purchased over years ago and we are really just beginning to use it primarily for our vehicles at this point. We look forward to using it for our lifts and hopefully our facilities, as well. Customer service is great. I feel the MCU should be included in the annual subscription. The videos and technical help is not as helpful as calling. Videos like the ones used in Lynda.com would be more helpful. I think the checkpoint is great, but feel the sessions go too fast and should be a little more in depth. They have to move fast to stay on schedule, so maybe recording them and posting after the event or even sending to attendees afterward. Possibly even sell as a one time subscription to businesses that didn't attend??

Vorteile: CUstomer service is awesome, comprehensive reports, great for asset management, etc.

Nachteile: Not intuitive, ease of online help.

MC has taken our asset inventory to a level of detail we never thought would be possible.

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 12.2.2018
Melissa W.
Biomedical Equipment Technician III
Bedienkomfort

Vorteile: The amount of information that you can customize and set up to run as a report or export to excel has been a game changer. We keep track of cost of repair per asset and when we need to evaluate equipment. It is so easy to pull this information and track how much we have spent. We haven't come across any information we can't capture. Customer support, tech support and the forums are quick, reliable resources for support and instruction.

Nachteile: The only thing I would like to see is the serial number available on our work orders in addition to asset id. The global search is a great addition, but it seems to still need more work. It doesn't 'find' what I am looking for quite often.

To combine a good piece of software with a great team makes it great.

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 6.2.2018
Equipment Reliability & Maintneance Technician
Telekommunikation, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter
Bedienkomfort

Kommentare: Ease of use, excellent customer support, and unparalleled reporting.

Vorteile: The software is web based and hosted so for our money this takes the burden off of our IT department. This along with their superior customer support gives us confidence that the software will flex to our needs. The reporting tools stands out also. There is nothing that can't be found through a report. The ability to customize reports puts a personal touch to each one.

Nachteile: As with everything there is a cost associated with it. Along those lines, the separation of mobile. It would be nice if MC Express what just part of the overall package. Having to purchase Add-ons is not something that is usually in the cards.

Simply the best solution for any business that has things to to buy, maintain, or replace.

Aaron G.
Data Analyst
Umweltdienstleistungen, 201-500 Mitarbeiter
Bedienkomfort

Kommentare: Integration with our other software makes information flow accurate and easy. Reports help point us in the direction we need to go, and notifications make sure that everyone knows the same thing.

Vorteile: Notifications, and reporting help make great decisions on what's important. Accurate and easy to understand information help organize and direct the people that perform the work.

Nachteile: A full GIS integration on the mobile platform. Having a map of the area, to start your WO would be a great benefit to those who aren't in the office.

von Maintenance Connection an 11.7.2017

Thank you so much for your review, Aaron! We're glad to hear that you are satisfied with Maintenance Connection!

Maintenance Connection Review

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 13.6.2016
Hal H.
CMMS Administrator
Versorgungsunternehmen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
Bedienkomfort

Kommentare: My experience with working with the Maintenance Connection is been excellent, our Maintenance Crews can spend more time preforming maintenance and use less time filling out a work order.

Vorteile: The software once you learn it, it becomes very easy to use. My personal experience has been that if Maintenance Connection is contracted for training, the training will pay-off. M/C and I trained 65 District employees and I've only had support 3 questions, since the training classes 3 weeks ago...

Nachteile: The documentation module doesn't work as it should, a user should be able to cut and paste data into the program without losing the formatting of cut and paste .

Decent software package

Patty R.
Lead Maintenance Planner
Bedienkomfort

Kommentare: Implemented a comprehensive computerized maintenance program at our company.

Vorteile: Flexibility - you can customize this software to work in many different businesses.
Ability to set up different security access levels for different users.

Nachteile: Customer Support (Canada) When we asked questions that would help us in the basic set up of our assests on the program, they were not able to answer our questions but they did get a hold of a different client and they were able to help us.
When we asked about how the security levels all related and a step by step, we were informed they have not competed that yet and to simply go in and try different options.

von Maintenance Connection an 20.7.2017

Patty, thank you so much for your feedback on what you like and dislike about the software - We really value your input.

Heavy User

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 14.11.2018
Brandon M.
Tech
Versorgungsunternehmen, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter
Bedienkomfort

Kommentare: Customer service is great when there are issues with creating reports, ect. The problem is that the system is so non intuitive that it seems like even after using MC university and working with the system for 8 years I still pull my hair out trying to set up reports, change data fields, and get pictures to integrate properly...ect.
It's a major head ache and causes a lot of wasted time. Honestly the interface is a nightmare, and without a sql coding genius on staff, it's impossible to make certain things work.

Vorteile: It's a powerful piece of software, lots of reporting capabilities.

Nachteile: Random bugs that have in the past caused loss of actual hours to work orders. The only way to recall the data was an entire data base roll back, which would cause even more harm to our system.

Use it everyday, helps keep my maintenance team on time.

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 17.7.2017
Eric S.
Maintenance Lead
Automotive, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter
Bedienkomfort

Kommentare: Allows me to keep my OEE above the company standard. Allows us to keep up with needed parts and helps reduce cost associated with preventative maintenance needs.

Vorteile: Flexible Inventory Setup, PM scheduling, Asset Tracking, ability to put more than one vendor to individual parts in inventory is a super plus. Ability to have multiple warehouse and shops also a plus.

Nachteile: Down time tracking not flexible - needs improvement. Some of the canned reports are not useful for our plants, would like to see more barcode integration.

von Maintenance Connection an 19.7.2017

Thank you so much for your feedback, Eric! We're glad that the system helps your OEE exceed!
By the way, we've included improved barcode integration in Version 8.0 of our latest software.
Thank you again for your feedback!

Customer service is the best part!

Brooks W.
Facilities Planner
Militär, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter
Bedienkomfort

Kommentare: Ease of PM planning, ease of workorder management and direction to the team from a central system that everyone can use easily.

Vorteile: Ease of use and how in depth it is, 5 star customer service. How you can set up PM's to become auto generating and assigned to the proper people.

Nachteile: When opening up any option it opens a new page on the browser. Sometimes the system stops working while I'm in the middle of updating a process and I have re do the whole thing.

von Maintenance Connection an 11.7.2017

Thank you so much for your review, Brooks! We're glad to hear that you are satisfied with Maintenance Connection!

Easy to use & helpful support.

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 21.7.2017
Bryann F.
Warehouse Associate
Metallabbau, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
Bedienkomfort

Kommentare: A more organized work order system, of which we had nothing before.

Vorteile: Easy to use! We manage over 100 pieces of equipment and over 3000 inventory items, so it's nice to have all of our data in one place. Reports are easy to create, and I have had nothing but excellent support from the help desk on several occasions.

Nachteile: No ability for the user to add multiple items (for example, inventory). It all has to be done by MC staff - would love if the option was available to us.

von Maintenance Connection an 21.7.2017

Bryann, thanks so much for your review! It's great to hear that we've been able to help your organization manage such a large inventory! We're hope we've been able to exceed your expectations.