Über YouTrack

Ein Tool von jetBrains zur Problemverfolgung & zum agilen Projektmanagement. Unterstützt Scrum und Kanban. Cloud oder vor Ort. Kostenlos für 10 Benutzer.

Erfahre mehr über YouTrack

After initial setup, it was kind of hard to set up users and create issues off the bat. Their UI was a little confusing.

Bewertungen zu YouTrack

4,0

YouTrack hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,4 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 48 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du YouTrack bereits verwendet?

Dayne E.
Dayne E.
Customs Compliance Specialist in USA
Logistik & Lieferkette, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

YouTrack helps keep projects on track

Kommentare: The business I work for uses YouTrack effectively to track problems and projects to keep people on task and aware of what their responsibilities are at any given time.

The thing I like most about YouTrack is that it gives users great tools to stay on track with projects. For example, a user can identify a bug in our processing software and create a ticket. IT can then triage the ticket and assign it to the correct developer to begin the process of investigating the bug and fixing it. That developer can post on the ticket asking for more information or indicating that it's ready for QA testing, etc. Every step along the way is catalogued for future reference.

I dislike that users (not the IT people, the lay person) cannot edit their own tickets after submitting without IT enabling the option.

Maicol B.
Maicol B.
Developer in Italien
Computer-Software, Selbstständig

A great bug tracker

Can be integrated with VCS repos (such as Github or Gitlab) A lot of custom fields and options to customize issue tracking experience Great customer support from Jetbrains

UI a bit minimalistic (it can be a pro for users who like a minimalistic look, but personally I don't like minimal UIs. I prefer more detailed ones)

Data Analysis in USA
Bürgerliche & soziale Einrichtungen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Holds great promise , allows you to stay on top of things, but leaves a few things wanting

Kommentare: Perfect for small teams to be used primarily for bug tracking, and sprint planning. Easy to setup and use without having to jump through any hoops.
The interface and the whole system is rather intuitive which comes in handy especially for companies where teams work on multiple projects at the same time and more often than not each is tied with another project in one way or another. Comes with plenty of integrations so one can customize as needed.
Everybody at our company loves this product.

compared to the various bug tracking softwares, this one is super simple, and easy to set up and get going. The interface is intuitive and helps keep sprints clean and organized. Performance is good as long as the setup has been done properly, else you will experience lags. Best for small teams which don't want to deal with the complexities of using JIRA. Pricing is based on storage so that is really very helpful. you can do custom queries to search for bugs, and my team uses it every day during the agile meetings. It comes in really handy.

Not cons per say but 1. Features keep changing under your legs. For example, the option to search by `Assigned to me` has altogether disappeared from the main menu. Now you have to specially navigate to find that tag. 2. The url is rather long: mycompanyname.myjetbrains.youtrack.com 3. Comment boxes under tickets look rather medieval.

Silvio B.
Silvio B.
Software developer in Italien

Probably the best tool for task tracking

Kommentare: Very nice experience I would definitely suggest it especially to a team that likes to tinker with their tools in order to make them tailored to their needs

I like the possibility to customize heavily this product. I've been working also on its workflow functionality which I've found very useful and complete. Also the docs are great and exhaustive which is a huge pro often overlooked.

I really wanted to add custom styling to our kanban board in order to change the colour of the cards from green to red based on their due date but I had no way to do it with the youtrack provided functions so I had to inject a custom script. Would be nice to have this feature!

Juan carlos R.
Juan carlos R.
2D Technical artist and Art manager in Mexiko
Computerspiele, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Best solution for project management

-Easy to use -Web based -Free for less than 5 people -Not really expensive on the next point (15 users) -Able to add cards to backlog -Custom status pointers -Sprints are super easy to create and automatically brings the unresolved issues back -Customization of user profile -Easy drag and drop cards on different status columns -Can add images/files/media in cards and can add comments to the same -Simply perfect for scrum

-Design wise is not really appealing -Can get buggy when multiple people try moving the same card around -Needs to be refreshed from time to time to see changes.

Ashi A.
Ashi A.
Product Manager @ eMusic in USA
Internet, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Simple and useful but not without some annoying glitches

It's a web based product, which means that teams in different regions can use it very easily without the use of any VPN connection to a central location. Its Dashboard widgets and agile boards are super useful and easy to use. Many of the fields are super configurable to allow for a very personalized integration.

Still has some bugs, glitches and UX issues that can be rather annoying at times. Has less integration possibilities with other products than bigger and more known products like Jira.

Max S.
Max S.
Director, Customer Success in

Bugtracker from programmers for programmers

Kommentare: Easy to use for administrators, programmers, project managers and issue reporters.
Definitely recommend for small and medium-sized teams.

- rich support for SQL-like filters and hotkey \ CLI-like interactions - flexible and customizable - easy to use

- some usage scenarios are not very carefully through through, e.g. when one attaches an image it's hard to copy and insert a markdown link (better if each attachment had something like "+" insert into text button)

Senior Software Engineer in Ägypten

Bugs tracking using YouTrack

- have a great and smart search tool , you can search by more than one criteria in the same time and in one input by separate it by specials characters - have dynamic/ customize ticket workflow - have smart reporting tool and you can pin it dashboard - have cloud version and standalone

- we did not find any direct integration with visual studio

Ignacio S.
Ignacio S.
Lead Web Developer in Kolumbien
Internet, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Complete control over your team work.

Kommentare: Is very awesome. It reduce the time needed to organize the team.

Youtrack isn't the easier tool to use, I must recognize it, but we need to understand that, with all of it's features that is a necessary circumstance. Youtrack can help you a LOT when you are working with groups of people, you will know what are doing, when and who, you can measure the productivity of your team, create goals and many other things. Forget to think that it is only for programming or teams of programmers, you can use Youtrack in every scenario out there.

Lack of some integrations, I think YouTrack is as good as Jira but need some extra integrations with others useful tools.

Jaimyn M.
Jaimyn M.
Head of Software Engineering in Australien

Excellent Product

Kommentare: YouTrack is an effective tool for managing our software development lifecycle.

YouTrack is a nice to use, fully web based issue tracking and project management tool. The configurability is fantastic and allows our software development team to customise it exactly to our needs.

The user interface (mainly for configuration) is a little confusing at first, but after a while it's easier to get used to.

Binigya D.
Game Developer in Nepal
Computerspiele, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

YouTrack - Track Everything

Kommentare: My time with YouTrack has been very pleasant. Apart from its few shortcomings, I have grown really fond of it, and it is really helpful in tracking and managing projects, even if you are coordinating with an external team.

YouTrack is in my opinion, THE best project management and tracking tool there is. While it doesn't have a bucketload of features, or does not come on the cheap side, it does what is does extremely well. I love its UI and UX, it really makes using YouTrack a pleasure. I love its take on making tasks and managing them via boards. It is so easy to create a task, assign it's priority and notify the people concerned. I also especially love its Git integration, which makes working it with a second nature when you are coding and you want to make a commit. If you are serious about getting a project management tool, please try this once. You will love it!

I really dislike that there is not an integrated communication platform like Basecamp in YouTrack. But it has a Slack integration, which is handy and useful. I also don't like that you don't have much theme choices, as for a tool that I will be using everyday, I would like a bit more of layouts, customizations and themes. And also, sometimes uploading files can be a buggy experience. Videos may take a long time to play, some files are indicated as uploaded but you can't view them immediately. These occur very rarely, but are a nuisance for sure.

Digital Content Manager in USA
E-Learning, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Excellent tool for tracking product development projects

Kommentare: We are using it to communicate with our overseas development team in order to complete work on our digital learning platform. We use it to track features, bugs, and other user stories, and discuss those stories with the team. It has proven invaluable for this project since we are using an Agile sprint methodology.

I like the ability to see Agile Boards related to our product sprints. I like being able to add screenshots or videos of bugs easily for our development team to use. I like that if I forget to save my work on a task, when I come back to the task my work is auto-saved and available to continue working on, even if I closed my browser.

It would be nice if the feature for a particular task was automatically added to a sprint when a sub-task of that feature was added to the sprint. Right now we have to tag the sprint manually for every feature.

Thomas R.
Head of Sales in USA

Helps keep our team organized

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: YouTrack helps us keep track of tasks in a simple and effective way.

Its helpful to relay information about a particular account from one team member to the next. It is also easy to figure out what things still need to be completed and which have already been completed

once I create a ticket it automatically emails me anytime something is changed or noted on the ticket. Sometimes I even get double emails when I am tagged in something. For our team, sometimes the ticket simply needs to be passed on but I don't need to follow the progress every step of the way. Many times I only need to report something and then pass it on. It does allow you to opt out of the emails but I would prefer to simply opt into what I want updates on and what I don't.

Developer in Italien
Sport, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Functional work manager

Kommentare: With this software we have finally succeeded in giving a dimension to our work, being able to estimate with an ever more accurate precision the time of realization of the tasks, further raising the level of organization.

It is a software that allows you to fully customize your work, creating panels that show tasks that meet certain requirements (assigned to you, incomplete, testing ...). The task management is optimal, being able to choose the category, to whom to assign it, forecasting time to finish it, actual time, as well as title, description, comments and many other things. In general it is a complete software and it lacks nothing.

The main downside of youtrack is the lack of learning facility. It took me a long time to figure out how to use it to the fullest, to take advantage of the enormous potential right away. It has so many features that are often "hidden", there are small links or buttons that you don't notice.

András P.
András P.
Lead Developer in Ungarn

It is a very capable ticket and issue management system and easier to set it up than JIRA

Kommentare: I'm glad it exists, it looks nice enough to convince the management and knows enough to satisfy most of the developers too.

Ease of deployment comes first, the integration with TeamCity (CI) and the IDEA IDE itself is another thing worth mentioning, I also like the Android app. But the greatest thing is that you can freely use it with user limits on your own servers.

The upgrade process between different distributions like, war, jar, docker is not always the easiest.

Aman S.
HR in Indien
Personalwesen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Manage all your projects tickets in one place.

Kommentare: 1. It works just awesome for me and fo my team.

1. The best thing i like the most is that you can set the priorities of your tickets like Critical, Major verify, Major, Normal so a developer can easily find out that on which tickets he/she have to work first. 2. If you are developing a project in a team then you can assign the tickets to the developers so that developer can easily work on those tickets which has been assigned to him/her. 3. After fixing the tickets you can also change the state of those ticket as Fixed and then after support team can easily test it and if it is fixed then tester can easily change the state to veified.

1. Still i did not find any cons in YouTrack.

Purvika M.
HR in Indien
Personalwesen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Manage your project simply with YouTrack.

Kommentare: 1. I used to manage my company projects and the activity of the developer done by on that day on YouTrack.

1. Manageability of your projects issue is really good that you can manage your or create issues or new functionality to be add as a priority bases. 2. A developer can change the ticket or issue to it's fixed state after fixing it. 3. You can also merge multiple ticket by duplicating it. 4. A developer or any one who is a user of YouTrack can comment below the ticket so the tester can easily known about the ticket.

1. There is nothing to dislike in YouTrack it is best for my company.

Martino P.
full-stack developer in Italien

Let's track your task

It's very customizable, basically you can do what you want

It's very powerful but... there is a lot of stuff to learn!

Software Developer in Österreich

Best issue management so far

For me this is the best issue management software so far. I've used others like Jira, but I really enjoy using Youtrack. Especially the query language is quite cool.

I really can't think of any, maybe the settings page, it could use some redesign.

Tim F.
Tim F.
Systems Engineer in USA

YouTrack is a very powerful but easy to use issue tracking system.

The best part of YouTrack is how easy it is to get started. You can opt to run the software on your wn server or subscribe for a cloud-hosted instance. YouTrack is extremely powerful without being hard to use and it is very easy to integrate into your apps. Date-based swimlanes are a really useful feature.

Overall I do not have any gripes but, for some, the options available can be a bit overwhelming. Fortunately this complexity is shielded from software end users and just has to be managed by the technical support and development staff.

Amr H.
technical lead in Ägypten

iam happy by using YouTrack

5 letztes Jahr

the user interface and supporting agile are wonderful on this tracking system

nothing everything is ok I am using it daily for tracking my team tasks

Amol A.
QA in UK

Useful for bug tracking

the filters that can be written to get the results and flexibly can filter the results to generate reports in various formats

the time report charts are not easy to build.

Robbie D.
Senior Software Developer in UK
Finanzdienstleistungen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Great task manager for agile development

Kommentare: We've been using this for a little over a year for all issue and task tracking. It has a basic interface which admittedly could probably do with a little cleaning up but it works great. It provides all the features you need such as comments, time tracking (with different types), git integration and email updates.

git integration, comments system, time tracking, easy re/assignment.

slightly dated site styling

Craig S.
Craig S.
Manager, Clinical Systems & QA in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

YouTrack Review

Kommentare: overall good, good toll for defect/enhancement tracking

*mostly intuitive *multiple projects *ticket linking

*user profile set up not intuitive *Field set up not consistent

Ahmed F.
Senior Software Developer in Ägypten

YouTrack

Great super search feature and also good workflow customization

Take a lot of memory and the UI need more enhancements