EfileCabinet Document Management System

Bewertet am 14.6.2019
Deborah F.
Firm & System Administrator
Buchhaltung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: No issues. We are very happy.

Vorteile: Very easy to use. Always works. Competitive Pricing.

Nachteile: I wish I could pdf from lacerte into efilecabinet, but its not that big of a deal to just pdf to my desktop and then drag and drop into efilecabinet.

von eFileCabinet an 20.6.2019

It is excellent to hear that your business is happy with eFIleCabinet. We strive to provide the best in value and support for our customers! Thanks for taking the time to leave us this review!

This is an awesome Data Manangement

Bewertet am 2.10.2019
Tina B.
Principal Tax Advisor
Buchhaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: 9.99 sometimes they are not on Accountant's schedule (4/15 9/15 and 10/15) so they have so special instructions for us during our peak season. This needs to be improved.

Vorteile: It's easy to use and the customer service is superb.

Nachteile: It takes some hand holding to get use to the software. The video Library isn't searchable so I constantly have to ask for guidance on training I desire. it can be more client-friendly.

von eFileCabinet an 1.11.2019

It's so great that you feel the customer service is superb, thank you so much for sharing! We have also started providing Premium Support available 24 hours per day Mon-Sat and we will have your account manager contact you to discuss how we can support your needs as an accountant with a very busy schedule. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this great review.

eFile Review

Bewertet am 3.12.2019
Alison S.
Executive Assistant
Finanzdienstleistungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: For the most part efile is easy to use and is helpful in keeping our files organized. I wish that the customer service was a little more helpful in fixing the one major problem that we keep running into, but overall we will continue to use this product in the future.

Vorteile: When changing over our computers a few years ago, we moved all client files and office operation files from our computers to this cloud based efile system. The move over was easy and did not take long to upload. It is easy to organize and create new drawers and files. Also, the efile buddy is helpful and easy to download onto anyone's desktop.

Nachteile: We have had problems of files being deleted. When calling to efile customer service, no one has been able to help us. This has been going on for a while and no one seems to be able to give us an answer. It doesn't happen often, but when it does it is random and has deleted all kinds of files including PDFs, Word documents and Excels.

von eFileCabinet an 13.12.2019

Thank you so much for your feedback, we really appreciate the review. We want to ensure the best experience possible for your business and will have your account manager reach out to you regarding some of the issues you have mentioned. Thanks for taking the time to leave us this review!

eFile Cabinet and SecureDrawer

Bewertet am 7.11.2019
Buchhaltung, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I am able to share files with my clients in accordance with IRS guidelines.

Vorteile: My clients and I are able to share files securely.

Nachteile: I need a workflow management solution which is not included with eFile Cabinet.

von eFileCabinet an 21.11.2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review, it's great to hear your feedback!

eFile didn't meet our business goals

Bewertet am 15.11.2019
Gretchen C.
Document Specialist
Versicherung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Our overall experience with eFileCabinet was not good. Software didn't meet our goals and the experience we had with Customer Support was horrible. They were really nice via chat at first though. They helped us when we had a small technical problem. But in terms of requesting a feature and clarifying what eFile can and can't do was horrible. They tried to confused us multiple times, but at the end they had to agree that eFile couldn't do what we needed. And in terms of Retention - how could you allow users with edit permission to be able to change a document retention? In summary, the mayor problem we encountered was that the EDIT permission from VOEDA is really broad. As a future recommendation please try to have better communication with your clients. If eFile can't do what we need say so! If the feature request can't be done say so! Don't let the client get all confused and making them wait and wait and wait. At the end, as a result, your client will leave.

Vorteile: It's simple to install, easy to understand and work with.

Nachteile: Before starting on what we didn't like, we would like to point out that we are using the on-prem software (not the online version). Stating that, the software didn't meet our business goals. We needed a software that allowed us to assign security permissions to users, and even though eFile has some predefined ones, they didn't had what we were looking for even though they said it did when selling us the product. For example, we needed users to be able to download, edit the document inside and upload new documents inside drawers and/or folders. But we didn't want them to have permission to also edit/change the drawer/folder name and/or add subfolders. That would mean that my users can change ALL my folder structure. We were in talk with Customer Support and they asked us to create a feature request which we did. After that they promised us they would send a schedule -which they never did-. We kept writing to them and nothing. We also called and nothing. They didn't follow up with the request as promised. The software didn't also meet our requirement on retention which is really important for our business. Note: Any user can edit the retention of an item if they have "edit permission". We also requested for the retention settings to be only controlled by a system administrator. Nothing. No response. We are still waiting after two months on the "schedule" they were supposed to send us and nothing. We wrote to them a lot and still no response.

eFileCabinet is a great answer to document storage!

Bewertet am 5.12.2019
Linda E.
Registrar
Bildungsmanagement, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I now have at my fingertips all the documents I could possibly need! Instead of having to go to a different office to look in a file or go downstairs to the archives to find a document - I simply go to my cabinets and quickly pull it up! This saves me a lot of time and effort!

Vorteile: I have set up my cabinets and draws just as if they were sitting in my office. It's logical and easy to use. Since I keep student records I have one cabinet that has all the transcripts from the time the school opened until the present. Then I have individual cabinets for each graduating year with students in alpha order with the documents that we must keep forever. It's soooo easy to quickly find a student or a specific document.

Nachteile: When it has been a few days since I went into my eFileCabinet I find that it takes a bit for it to get 'warmed up'. Navigating between cabinets, drawers or documents can be very slow. If I'm uploading a new document, it can act as though I didn't drop and drag the document and instead of immediately showing me that the document is there, I sit and wait and wait. Then, I'll try to upload again and find that now I have two of the document and must delete one. Other than that - it works great for me!

von eFileCabinet an 13.12.2019

It's great to hear how you have been able to set up eFileCabinet to work exactly the way you need it to for your business, thanks for taking the time to leave us this review!

Extremely Valuable Tool!

Bewertet am 15.10.2019
Matthew M.
Senior Operations Manager
Versicherung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: My company did not have a uniform way of organizing our documentation. Everyone had the same documents, but different versions, which was a nightmare. That's when I found eFileCabinet, and started the trial. It's so easy to use, and great for keeping staff abreast of the latest revisions to plan coverages. No more having to worry about people not having the correct, or outdated information. Being able to search for documents has ceased to be a chore. Look forward to having it full-time, once I get approved by the company!

Vorteile: It would have to be making my own cabinets and controlling who see them. It's imperative I have everything organized so I can quickly find the information needed to assist a team member with a claims decision . EFC allows me to have that organization and I am grateful for it. eFileCabinet gave me a level of organization that I have sorely needed.

Nachteile: The only thing I found lacking was the various file types it supports. While the standard Office ones are all there, customers send things in all manner of ways, and not all are supported.

von eFileCabinet an 31.10.2019

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this review, it is wonderful to hear how eFileCabinet has been able to help you keep things organized and that you love the customizability options. We look forward to providing you with continued support for the success of your business.

EFC

Bewertet am 12.11.2019
Ann X.
Buchhaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Ease of use and really like using the Sidekick feature

Nachteile: Can't complain because I like everything about the product.

von eFileCabinet an 21.11.2019

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this review, it's great to hear you love everything about eFileCabinet!

Good Product

Bewertet am 5.12.2019
Claire B.
Receptioninst
Buchhaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The support has been great. I've probably used the chat function 8 times and every time the staff has been knowledgeable, very helpful, and courteous.

Vorteile: The ease of moving files within eFileCabinet is one of my favorite features. We decided to change our database format and it's made it pretty streamlined.

Nachteile: That I can't mass rename documents. Most of our old documents only have the year and type of file and don't have any client identifiers, so having a mass renaming option would be hugely beneficial.

von eFileCabinet an 13.12.2019

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this feedback, it's wonderful to learn more about how you use eFileCabinet in your business. We appreciate your review!

Everything We Needed and More!

Bewertet am 13.12.2019
Abel D.
Assistant County Manager/Human Resources Director
Staatsverwaltung, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Excellent!

Vorteile: eFileCabnet is the most user friendly and intuitive service I have ever used. I opted to skip a formal training of the product because the product is built in a way that is simple to understand. We use this product mostly for records management. The best features are the ability to create file templates that populate predefined files and the ability to set retention time frames for files! No more keeping track of records in Excel!

Nachteile: I would like to see alerts added for files, so we can be notified if, for example, someone's certification is expiring.

von eFileCabinet an 16.12.2019

Wow, it's wonderful to hear that you love eFileCabinet and that it's intuitive for your business. We have some governance features that might be able to help you set the alerts you need for files that your account manager an talk with you more about. We are grateful to for customers like you and look forward to providing you with continued support for the success of your business. Thanks for leaving us this review!

Excellent way to go paperless

Bewertet am 14.8.2019
Philip S.
Buchhaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The tech support staff at eFile Cabinet has been great to work with when any issues have asrisen. As a CPA tech support is everything and if you can't support your product in a timely fashion the product is worhtless.

Vorteile: Easy to use, secure storage of client. I wanted my data management system to be separate from my tax software should I ever want to change company's. Also from previous experiences I need a company that would stand behind their product and was large enough to be around in the future.

Nachteile: After buying a license with annual support I was forced to switch to an annual renewal. Shades of Microsoft & Adobe with monthly/annual subscriptions. So as long as you don't mind and annual subscription . . . . . .

von eFileCabinet an 16.8.2019

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this review, we very much appreciate the feedback and look forward to providing you with continued support for the success of your business!

**Supreme** (online) Document Management Storage Software!

Bewertet am 27.2.2019
Julie M.
Accounting Manager
Bau, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: In the business world today, there are mountains and mountains of paperwork. Being able to limit and severly reduce our paper file storage has amounted to savings of thousands of hours and dollars. The ability for our PM's to be able to search for a document their smart phone or tablet while on the job and find the document/invoice/proposal/bid/change order, etc. is invaluable and hard to put a dollar amount on! There are many DMS software programs out there, but eFileCabinet is perfect for our enterprise!

Vorteile: Our (big) small construction business has been using eFileCabinet for almost 5 years now. We have 8 users who interact with the software on a daily basis. The flexibility of searches, profiles (tags), ease of organization, templates and such make this such a great program for our office. The ability to see documents on our smart devices or using a web browser (online version) is crucial to our project mgrs and even office staff when we are working remotely. I am a huge fan of this software and every update that comes out just improves the program even more. We are very happy with the tech support (hardly need it) on the rare occasion we encounter an issue. **Highly recommended**

Nachteile: I pondered this question for a good length of time. I honestly cannot complain about anything at this juncture. I am the "admin" for our account and so I do all the setup, permissions, user groups, profile setups, etc. I am the most knowledgable of the software at our office and can say with certainty that we are extremely happy with our use of eFileCabinet.

von eFileCabinet an 19.3.2019

Wow, thank you so much for leaving this glowing review. We really appreciate your feedback and are excited to hear that we've been able to support your construction business with being able to go to a digital storage system with our document management software. We very much look forward to continuing to support the success of McGuirk Sand-Gravel, Inc.

Exceptional Document Management System Software!

Bewertet am 5.12.2016
Michael E.
Design and Applications Engineer
Unterhaltungselektronik, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The company that I worked for is like most companies in America right now. They didn't seem to have a genuine way of organizing their documentation. There was the issue of multiple people having copies, but all of them had different revisions. You could only imagine a headache that it caused. Well, that was when I set out to find a DMS for the company. When I began to look deeper into eFileCabinet, it literally blew me away. The ease of use and the ability to send people documents with the correct revisions was a blessing. No more having to worry about people not having the correct documentation. This goes for internal as well as external customers as well. The ability to search for documents became a breeze one everything was populated. The only downfall that I have about the software is that it doesn't support all of our file extensions. Maybe those are just buyer need instead of overall need, but we deal with printed circuit boards so that files associated with them don't resonate with the software. Other than that, it is probably the biggest blessing that we could have found for the company. The drag and drop style of putting in files, being able to do version control on the fly, and sending documents through Secure Drawer is an added bonus. You will be thankful for this purchase once you get on board. It's easy to use and quickly becoming my favorite software.

Vorteile: The biggest thing that I like about the software is the ability to do my own cabinets and not allow others to see them. I like having everything organized so that it's easier in the long run. EFC allows me to have that organization and I am grateful for it.

Nachteile: Again, as I've stated before, the only issue with the software is that not all file extensions are included. You have your typical Microsoft Office file types, but it would be nice to have an add-on for extensions like .pcb, .dxf, and others that when associated with a particular software, that software's insignia is used in EFC.

von eFileCabinet an 19.3.2019

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback in this review. It's great to hear that eFileCabinet has been able to provide you with an organization solution and that you've found it easy to use. We are excited to have some future updates coming that will improve the user and client experience even more, and look forward to continuing to provide support for the success of your business.

One of my Most Valuable Tools

Bewertet am 27.8.2016
Stephen B.
Buchhaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I stumbled upon this software while searching for a better paperless solution in my office when I learned that my tax software would no longer support their own document management system. They recommended another system, which I found wholly inadequate, both from the standpoint of transitioning and customer care, both of which were less than adequate. When I discovered Efile Cabinet, I found a solution that offered more than I was even looking for and included a level of customer support that I have found to be extremely responsive, considerate and very helpful. I also had an experience where my hard drive crashed and the tech support at Efile Cabinet helped me to restore everything from Cloud view on to my desktop, so I was up and running again in very little time.

Vorteile: This software has so many features and offers far more than what I ever expected - including the ability to preserve all items in the cloud automatically, the app to be able to retrieve, alter and transmit documents from anywhere with ease and the Secure Drawer option that allows me to share files with my clients back and forth. There are many training videos available, so I'm able to get answers to my questions easily and when I can't figure something out, the tech support is readily available to me. In short, this software is one of the most important tools I use in my office.

Nachteile: I wish the software had a direct connection to my tax prep software so I could print tax returns directly to client folders, but that's more a function of the tax software than Efile Cabinet, so I can't really hold it against them. It's really the only thing that I don't like, and it's a small thing relative to all the good things.

von eFileCabinet an 19.3.2019

We're excited to hear that eFileCabinet is one of the most valuable tools around your office. We strive to provide strong support for eFileCabinet users and look forward to continuing to provide support for the success of your business.

My eFileCabinet Experience

Bewertet am 7.8.2019
Patrick C.
Financial Advisor
Finanzdienstleistungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I feel confident that I made the right decision to help me contain, secure, and provide greater efficiencies with my cloud storage.

Vorteile: I liked the intuitive technology that seemed to be very "user friendly" compared to its competitors. I compared this technology with others and felt this was not just an out of a box product. I can customize it but I did not need to begin customization from the ground up. I didn't want to be an expert on learning how to build my cloud storage so, i felt eFileCabinet provided the construct while i just need to customize it a little to fit my needs. There is a tremendously helpful customer implementation team and support any time i need it. The customer service is very friendly and extremely helpful and it is in the United States. No waiting for service.

Nachteile: I have not found anything too big to complain about. There might be slight nuances that could make things better and more efficient but i found the competitors to have greater inefficiencies and work arounds that do not save time. Maybe eFileCabinet could have greater integration with the CRM's. I have Salesforce and it works well but I feel it could be better integrated.

von eFileCabinet an 7.8.2019

It is so great to hear that you find the technology to be intuitive and user friendly! We look forward to providing continued support for your business, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this review!

eFileCabinet Review

Bewertet am 9.4.2019
Kara B.
Buchhaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We love e-file cabinet, and we love the IDEA of secure drawer. But it is just so difficult for our clients and us to use.

Vorteile: I like how easy it is to use. I like how it is laid out. I like the function of emailing encrypted documents.

Nachteile: Secure drawer is HORRIBLE. Our clients and us are ALWAYS having issues with it. We love the idea. We love having a secure way to send docs, however it needs to more simple. And when we are able to speak with customer service they're fantastic and always tremendous help. However sometimes the wait times to get ahold of CS is difficult. Most of the year I can sit on hold for 40+ mins and it is not a problem. But during Tax Season Feb-Mid April, I do not have time to sit on hold for that long. I just cannot. So that is a very small downfall, however it very normal with any system and any customer service team.

von eFileCabinet an 22.4.2019

It's great to hear that you love how easy eFC is to use. We're excited to announce that we have some big changes launching soon that will improve the user experience even more and we would love to tell you more about how these changes can assist in your frustrations with Secure Drawer. We are hosting a free webinar on April 25 to discuss these changes, if you are interested you can register here: https://go.efilecabinet.com/webinar/whats-new-efc Our customer support team is also available via chat, phone, and through email to assist you as quickly as possible, and we also have our new Premium Support available for easy access 24 hours per day, 6 days per week. We hope providing these options for support will assist you in getting the support you need quickly and efficiently. Thanks for taking the time to leave us your feedback!

A Great Solution for Your Paperless Business

Bewertet am 22.2.2019
Daniel A.
Buchhaltung, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Really helpful with productivity in establishing workflow. Extremely quick to enable answering factual client questions without having to call them back. Technical support has been great over about 5 years of using the software.

Vorteile: The "templates" feature enables you to create folder structures for each client as well as pre-defined names of documents to be stored. Every client folder is then standardized in structure. This feature enables creation of document workflow without needing to create a massive bookmarked pdf that might be susceptible to file corruption. The "Logs" feature is really helpful to locate items I may have stored in the wrong client folder.

Nachteile: What's not to like? I can think of two minor complaints I suppose. I am a heavy pdf bookmark user. EFC allows creation of bookmarks without having to "check out" the file but sometimes the bookmarks don't "stick." I get around this by checking out the document, bookmarking it and then checking the document back in. "Checking in" and "checking out" is a very easy process. Second minor complaint is that when I want to apply a template (I have multiple templates), the dialog box always pre-selects the first template on the list and I have to "de-select" it.

von eFileCabinet an 19.3.2019

Wow, thank you so much for leaving us a great review and for taking the time to give your feedback. We're glad to hear that you love our templates feature and that our product has helped your business establish a workflow. We look forward to continuing to support the success of your company.

eFile review

Bewertet am 19.4.2019
Emily S.
Tax Specialist
Essen & Trinken, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Our overall experience with eFile is becoming more positive. We started out on a rough patch with the system. Our initial training wasn't the greatest and didn't focus on what we would actually benefit from in the system so we basically had to teach ourselves how to use it. Our company uses Sidekick more than online which has really helped our productivity in our company as we used to spend tons of time trying to get documents into employee drawers.

Vorteile: What I like most about this software is how easy it is to use eFile Sidekick. We have found that using that saves us much more time than using the online version and pulling documents from our email is much quicker than using the eFile scanner.

Nachteile: What I least like about this software is how the online version lags so much. We are also a company of 30,000+ so we have many drawers out there for our employees. We've had to create multiple cabinets to continue adding employees into. We've had to find a work around in searching for employees since our one cabinet is so full, we can't click on it without freezing and getting booted out of sidekick. I do wish that eFile was able to really handle the amount of documents we put into the system and that it would run smoother for us.

von eFileCabinet an 25.4.2019

Thank you so much for your feedback. We appreciate your business and for your trust in us to provide support for your business. We're excited about some new upcoming features that are launching soon that will improve the user experience even more. We look forward to providing continued support for your business. Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review.

Great storage option!

Bewertet am 9.12.2016
Jacqueline D.
Buchhaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I do love the integration between other software and eFileCabinet so that you can easily bring in the documents. Over the years that I have had eFileCabinet, I have really liked it, however, the pricing is getting a lot more expensive. Also some of the features, I have had a bit of trouble figuring out how to use. Some are features that I only use once in awhile as so I forget hour to use them - like purge, unpurged, and templates. But overall the software is great, just getting a bit pricey.

Vorteile: Love the sync with SecureDrawer!

Nachteile: Trying to use some of the features - Templates is a big one, I set up a couple of templates awhile ago, but I remember it was not the easiest thing. I now need to edit those templates and don't have the time to dig in to see how to do that. Also, I do not understand how to CHECK OUT something, edit it and put it back. I am always having to save it on my desktop and re-import. Also, it would be nice if you could put notes right on the document or at least make the notes more visible. Right now with the notes being on a separate tab they do not stand out that there are even notes there so that is a bit frustrating. Also, I have an old client that has now come back and started working with me. I set their file to purge and cannot seem to get the purge off of the file, so I am going to have to manually pull all the documents out and create another file. Also, it is getting quite expensive for a small business like mine. I am going to have to, unfortunately, look into other alternatives.

eFileCabinet (EFC) Is Superb for Accounting and Tax Preparation Practices

Bewertet am 7.6.2019
Don D.
Tax Preparer/IT Mgr
Buchhaltung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We are a 12-person accounting and tax preparation practice that has used the locally installed of EFC for 5+ years. Currently we have 115GB of data made up of 143K+ files in 425K+ folders and 6.7K+ drawers. EFC has performed faithfully with only very occasional minor issues (usually user error) during the entire time we've had it. In 30+ years in IT/Business I can't recall any other software that has been this reliable. This is one of the few pieces of software I can recommend without hesitation.

Vorteile: Allows us to save scans of our clients paper and electronic documents as well as digital copies of their tax returns in a fast, secure, dependable and easy to use document repository. Excellent search capability allows misfiled/"lost" documents to be quickly located.

Nachteile: Integration with Lacerte, our professional tax prep software (which has ~85% of the market) is limited. NOTE: This is NOT the fault of EFC. Despite our repeated requests over the last 5 years, Intuit, owner of Lacerte, has not provided the needed API (interface) that third parties like EFC require to integrate. EFC has said they stand ready to develop this integration once Intuit delivers. We are hopeful this will occur in 2019.

von eFileCabinet an 12.6.2019

Wow, what a wonderful review! Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback, it's great to hear how eFileCabinet has been able to faithfully improve the efficiency of your business. Thank you for being our customer, we look forward to providing your business with continued support!

eFileCabinet User for Many Years

Bewertet am 10.4.2019
Karen R.
Buchhaltung, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I have a tax and accounting practice, and eFileCabinet allows me to have very little filing space. Everything is returned to the clients, and I scan everything and have access to whatever I need or want from there.

Vorteile: eFileCabinet allows you to print straight to the program from every other program I have ever tried - Microsoft suite programs, accounting software, QuickBooks, tax software, everything! This feature along with the ability to quickly scan and store items make a paper-free office a reality, not just a goal.

Nachteile: I have my eFileCabinet set up very detailed. I would like to be able to click on where I want the file saved or printed to and then just scan or print it straight in there. Most times I have to click as many as six different things to save the document where I want it. That has been a complaint of mine since I started using the software.

von eFileCabinet an 22.4.2019

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to leave us this review. We are excited about some new features that will be launching soon that are going to improve the user experience even more. We would love to tell you more about them and are hosting a free webinar on April 25 where you can learn more. You can register here: https://go.efilecabinet.com/webinar/whats-new-efc Our customer support team is also available to discuss some of these new features and can show you how they can improve your processes. We hope this helps and look forward to providing you with continued support for the success of your business.

Finding documents

Bewertet am 7.8.2019
Priscilla M.
Buchhaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Ease of retrieval, ease of filing, quick review of documents in a file. We have a client portal as part of our web site so we don't use the secure drawer feature.

Vorteile: I love the OCR feature. If I know I've written an article or written a letter to IRS on a subject and I don't remember who the client was or when the article was written, putting in the key words brings up the appropriate documents. It is easy to re-title documents and storage is easy. We have e-file cabinet icons on excel, word and e-mail. Just click on the icon when you want to file something and it brings you to e-file cabinet, select the correct file and click save and your done. I am from the paper filing era and the time savings on not having to locate misfiled documents is a cost savings for the firm. We scan all documents as they arrive and because we have a standardized naming convention, everyone knows what is available. It is also easy to drag and drop if you receive a pdf.

Nachteile: We have a file structure that uses cabinets for current clients and former clients and it is not as easy as some of the other operations to move drawers.

von eFileCabinet an 16.8.2019

It's so great to hear how the OCR feature is able to help support your role, and we love to be a part of your business's success! Thanks for taking the time to leave us this wonderful review!

Thoughts after using EFC

Bewertet am 4.2.2019
Will B.
accountant
Buchhaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We switched from SmartVault to EFC. First off, their tech support people are really helpful and so far we have been extremely satisfied with them. Upon getting our EFC database set up on our server we were hit with a slew of problems. First was an issue with the way the SmartVault data was transferred. When going through the purchasing process of EFC the sales person made it sound like EFC tech people were very familiar with doing a SmartVault conversion, but after doing the process it was very obvious that they did not know what to do in terms on (1) how to get the data from SV and (2) how to re-arrange the data so that it imports correctly into EFC.
So, after we got EFC going we had them do some re-arranging of our data on our server so it worked properly which took a while to find the solution on how to fix it. Then a week after that we ran into more issues about something corrupted on our server-side database. That took another week form them to figure out a solution and finally get it fixed. Now, we are still having issues with another problem about SecureDrawer that they are working on, but as of waiting 3-4 days after opening a ticket they don't have a timeframe on fixing.

Vorteile: I like that the software is available to be hosted on our dedicated in-house server because we don't trust our client's data in the cloud.

Nachteile: I don't like how you cannot edit pdf's within the program. For example, you cannot permanently rotate or delete a page within a pdf document without having to pay for a 3rd party pdf editing program.
Our employees don't particularly enjoy the user interface that shows the folder and document structure. It was a big change from Smartvault where the client list is on the left-hand side of the screen and then the rest of the screen contained the drawer folder structure and the documents within those folders. In EFC you are forced to select a folder to view the documents within that folder, but you are unable to view documents in two separate folders at the same time.

von eFileCabinet an 1.4.2019

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us this feedback. We appreciate your patience and trust in us as we resolve some of the issues you have had and are excited about some future updates that will create an even better, smoother user experience.

Does the Job!

Bewertet am 19.4.2019
Karen W.
tax preparer
Buchhaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We have to use eFileCabinet for our financial and tax business. Our tax software doesn't support eFileCabinet so it takes us extra steps to save completed pdf files of tax returns into the software. For our financial clients, we are required to have this software so we have . But, overall, the software does what it is supposed to - to keep your documents safe and secure in one easy to search place. Customer service is reachable and they will answer your questions when they are able to.

Vorteile: This software will make it easy for you to keep important documents for your clients and for other aspects of your business in one place, safely and securely. It is fairly flexible in that you can organize the client "files" and "filing cabinets" how you like. You can search for the client name which makes it easy to find what you are looking for with only a few keystrokes.

Nachteile: The software can be a little confusing to use and a bit finicky if you double-click on your pdf files that you want to "check out". I've lost items that I had scanned into the software because the pdf file gets locked up and can't be recovered. I called support for help, but they either didn't understand what my issue was or couldn't recreate it to fix it. I just try to be careful when viewing or "checking out" documents. You can also scan documents directly into the software, but this software does not have the ability to manipulate the saved scans - like, if you decide that you want to add or delete or even change the orientation of an already saved document you will need to purchase a full version of adobe pdf software.

von eFileCabinet an 29.4.2019

It's great to heart that we're able to help your business store documents for your clients securely. We're excited to be launching some new features that will work even more efficiently and seamlessly with other tax software platforms and hope this will really help your business. Thanks for taking the time to leave us this review.

Original user

Bewertet am 18.6.2019
Jeffrey S.
sole proprietor
Buchhaltung, Selbstständig

Vorteile: I purchased E file cabinet when it was first developed. I have used the original version because I do not use Microsoft office. The later versions require Microsoft Office to age maximum benefit and data encryption from the product. As a single practitioner I do not need encryption. So if you are considering purchasing the product be aware that the technical service is wonderful. The assistance they provide me with annual setting up new year universal templates is worth the reasonable annual maintenance cost for the service. The people are helpful and the phone support from Mountain time to Eastern time is convenient.

Nachteile: The current versions require Microsoft email if you want to attach a file to an email. I use Chrome so if I want to attach a file I have to print it to the desktop then attach it to the email. Then I have to delete it from the desktop.

von eFileCabinet an 28.6.2019

It is great to hear that you find eFileCabinet service valuable and the support helpful. We are grateful for your business and we look forward to providing you with continued support for the success of your business.