This interface is easy to learn and use, and when questions arise customer service is very helpful!

Bewertet am 18.8.2017
Hannah A.
Philanthropy Fellow

Kommentare: WizeHive makes it possible to manage our grant program and the increasing number of proposals that we receive.

Vorteile: Customer service is very helpful and responsive. They're helpful in answering simple fix questions, as well as brainstorming on how their software can accommodate more complex requests. Very easy to build your own application form, as well as follow-up forms. The interface can be customized to fit your organization's branding. Online help articles are very helpful and easy to follow. Easy to create and customize reports. Easy to create a new workspace - its basically a copy, paste function. Overall - if we were to go through this process again, we would make the same decision to use WizeHive.

Nachteile: Applicants have to create new credentials every year in order to access their application so, they have separate logins for the year they are reporting in and the year they are applying for - that can get confusing. Yearly workspaces cannot communicate with one another so doing YTD comparisons can be challenging. There are some features, such as the calendar and cascading forms, within WizeHive that I wanted to utilize but were not sophisticated enough features to make it worthwhile. Sending an e-mail to users through the WizeHive app comes from the WizeHive domain and frequently goes to the spam folder. While you can direct replies to an internal e-mail, I would like for the e-mail to also appear as though it was sent from our domain.

von WizeHive an 25.8.2017

Hannah - thank you very much for your thoughtful response and great feedback! We will follow up with you directly to discuss further as many of the items you noted have recently been addressed or are our on our near-term roadmap. Regarding the communication between yearly workspaces - this is a key priority for us and is on our near-term roadmap. Cascading forms is a core feature and we'd like to further discuss any issues you are experiencing to see if there is an immediate way to support/address your needs. For clients looking for more advanced calendar functionality, we have other options we can recommend. As for emails, we heard a similar concern from another client, investigated and made some changes to our email plugins that should significantly improve deliverability going forward. Thank you again! The WizeHive Team

I don't love this system

Bewertet am 3.5.2019
Liana B.
Assistant Director

Kommentare: Mediocre

Vorteile: It has most of the features we need for our use, which is an application process. People can log-in and save their status on applications. It can link to get references, and I can get people to review the applications on a review portal.

Nachteile: This is the least intuitive interface of a system I have EVER used. It is extremely frustrating. You think you remember how to change a setting or edit a direction somewhere, and you realize it could be in one of a ton of different places. It is extremely frustrating to use, and you would think that simple things like easily downloaded all the applications as files to my own computer would be simple, but they are not. Customer support can be okay, it depends on who you get really. The fact that I used this last year and this year had to be completely refreshed because it's so complicated that I don't remember everything is a big issue. And it's not like I can easily problem-solve. I always need to contact customer support, and I can't even call. My colleagues and I can't believe that a minor thing like putting a blurb/direction before a certain section of a form weren't possible! It has to be somewhere else. Some of my applicants have been confused. We probably won't use this again. Again, it is the least intuitive system I have ever used.

Great experience working with Wizehive - knowledgeable, supportive assistance, product easy to use!

Bewertet am 8.5.2018
Debra H.
Executive Assistant

Vorteile: It makes sense - it's easy to use and easy to learn! It has helped me take a time-consuming project (collecting scholarship applications) and simplify the process. Wizehive also comes with a knowledgeable staff, who is very helpful and walks me through the application and review processes. For me, learning a new software program can be daunting, but the software was easy to learn, and the online support allowed me to see and talk through each learning step. It gave me the confidence I needed to make the most effective use of this product for our Foundation scholarship program. In fact, when the Membership Department saw how Wizehive worked for our Foundation scholarship program, they decided they wanted to use it for their student competitions, and their competitions include video clips! This software is very versatile, easy to use, and adaptable to the many situations.

Nachteile: I really do not have any cons about this software. I enjoy working with it; it has met our needs.

Implementing zengine from select

Bewertet am 16.7.2019
Tomoko M.
Associate Director
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: There are technical areas of improvement but overall the customer support quality has been excellent. Customer support crew as well as account managers are responsive, helpful, patient and thoughtful. That is one of the best experience of being a wizehive customer so far.

Vorteile: The two top favorite features of Zengine that did not exist in Select are: 1) Data dashboard and 2) Side by side screen for evaluation form (Review portal). The former prevents us from downloading millions of excel spreadsheet to do data filtering to understand who is coming through our application - and the latter is a much better user experience for evaluator volunteers that we recruit every year. Thank you for these changes.

Nachteile: I hope there is more HTML/design element we can add on the platform - whether it is form creation, email templates, evaluator form... we use Form Assembly in many parts of our work and it has more design capacity (color, fonts, logo, insert graphics, etc). Also the degree of non-English customization was limited in comparison to our needs and we had to take two of our programs (Spain and Colombia) off Wizehive, which was unfortunate.

The best system for both front end user and back end staff satisfaction. Best decision we made!

Bewertet am 17.6.2019
Alexis J.
Foundation Executive Director
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We use the WizeHive Zengine platform for our grant system. We have both submission portals and review portals related to the two grant programs we provide in Florida. It's being utilized just by those of us connected specifically to the USTA Florida Section Foundation in an effort to manage the grant application and review process.

Vorteile: - It has made the application, which is almost identical to the application questions previously displayed by our old service, seem less daunting and more user friendly to grant applicants.
- The grant review team has exclaimed that the side-by-side review option is the best feature ever invented and has saved them loads of paper.
- Internally, I appreciate the ease of use of the back end system. Being able to easily assign grants to reviews both in and outside the organization, easily create queries for the stats I need, and the ability to move application through the steps of the system seamlessly make this my top choice since I'm the only staff member dedicated to the Foundation which leaves me with lots on my plate to balance.

Nachteile: I haven't found any yet. At this point, I'm thrilled with each of the features and the ease of use of the system.

Not worth the money

Bewertet am 30.7.2019
Project Coordinator
Bildungsmanagement, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Overall, this system is not user friendly. I find myself spending so much time going through their help center documents. When I don't find a solution to my problem, I have no choice but to contact customer service which is a headache. It takes them about 24 hours to reply to urgent matters and most of the time they provide a complicated solution which they assume we would know how to do. We pay thousands of dollars every year not to have 24/7 customer service or for WizeHive not to make better improvements to the system. The only major change that they have done this year was redesigning the login page.

Vorteile: It does the basics that every other platform does. The application from the applicant side and review portals are easy to use.

Nachteile: -There's no support provided via phone unless you email them first and schedule a meeting (which takes a few days for urgent matters).
-Emails usually end up in spam folders.
-You can't duplicate applications or move them to the next year's cycle which is frustrating if you've deferred an applicant.
-The letter generator plugin is not the greatest. You can't insert certain information which means you will probably have to do write the letters manually.
-Recreating all the forms for each year
-Submitted and incomplete (unsubmitted) applications are all saved in one place.
-The system does not automatically email applicants about the final decision. You will have to do this manually via your own email.
-The survey form has very limited functions.
-Applications that are submitted but do not have transcripts and letters of recommendations show up as completed on the back-end. You will have to go through every submitted application to make sure they have completed 100% of your requirements. This again takes a lot of time to go through if you have a lot of applicants.
These are just some of the things the system is unable to do.

This software has allowed us to transform the way we do scholarships.

Bewertet am 10.8.2017
Shelly J.
Scholarship Manager
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The software has enabled us to streamline our process in many ways, allowing us to focus our time betters serving our students, volunteers, and donors.

Vorteile: With this software we have been able to expand our program in multiple facets. Not only have we been able to add more scholarships, but we have been able to improve upon the way we administer them. The process has been simplified for our staff, our reviewers, our recommenders and our applicants.

Nachteile: We have new scholarships every year and making changes seems to be a very complex process as those changes need to be made in numerous locations. The software is also costly to have.

Internship Application Process Made So Much Easier

Bewertet am 18.9.2016
Ilene R.
Executive Director
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We have used WizeHive for our summer internship application process and have been very, very happy with it -- it's made it so much easier for us to manage the applications we receive and to assemble data. In particular, the review functionality has streamlined our process and avoided wasteful copying. After the initial set-up, we haven't needed much support from year to year, which is terrific - but when we do they are very responsive.

Vorteile: Overall, the whole system works really well, and the reporting function is terrific.

Nachteile: The e-mails to references seem to get caught in SPAM filters fairly often, which creates some administrative burden to follow up with those persons. And since we use the system only once a year, it is a bit pricey.

von WizeHive an 21.9.2016

Hi Ilene: Thank you for your business as well as your review! If you continue to have the SPAM problem please contact us directly We send all of our emails out through a 3rd party service called that processes over 20 billion emails a month with a 99%+ deliverability guarantee so we should look into your configuration as this should not be an issue.

WizeHive has been a phenomenal partner - excellent product and customer service!

Bewertet am 3.11.2017
Genice C.
Accounting Manager/ Scholarship Coordinator
Philanthropie

Kommentare: No more paper applications! Easy to track scholarship winners and process scholarship payments! Easy for scholarship selection committees to access applications from their homes - no more running to the Foundation's office to pick up paper applications and distribute them to their committee members. Much easier for students to apply for scholarships!

Vorteile: Our scholarship program grew to the point that we were no longer able to process paper applications. Many of our scholarships are unique - some require applications, others are team or coach selected. We needed a customized scholarship platform that could allow us to continue administering all of our scholarships and provide an easy way to track scholarship winners and process scholarship payments. WizeHive's Zengine product was the perfect solution to our scholarship program's needs!

Nachteile: The first year we implemented the software, there were a couple of things that I thought could be improved. The WizeHive team listened to my comments and has come up with solutions to make the process even better this year!

User-friendly software

Bewertet am 30.8.2019
Rudi J.
Program Manager
Bürgerliche & soziale Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Our experience with implementation specialist was very positive - he was very clear in his explanations about the different design options we had at each step, and careful to address each piece of feedback and each question we had, as he helped us to customize the software to fit our grant application and administration needs.

Vorteile: This software has already saved us considerable staff time and paper. Creating a form is easy, as is organizing and exporting the data. Our panel of community grant reviewers appreciated how easy it was to access, take notes on, and score the grant applications this year.

Nachteile: We've not yet come to a satisfactory solution for managing grant-related correspondence. The system logs all email that goes out in an ongoing list, but we'd like to be able to organize this by recipient.

We use Wizehive for grant & scholarship reviews. It's a great service!

Bewertet am 26.7.2017
Jill C.
Science & Research Programs Director

Vorteile: It's ease of use, for both administrators & users, is the best feature. We have received many compliments from our users and are often amazed ourselves at the minimal set-up requirement necessary to open a new portal. The excellent and timely customer service is a great bonus!

Nachteile: Every once in a while a user cannot log in with the credentials assigned to them. However, this is an easy fix, and it rarely happens. I could (should) probably talk to my Wizehive support specialist and let him know...I'm confident he could fix this!

2018 WizeHive Review

Bewertet am 11.10.2018
Workforce and Fellowship Coordinator
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I like that WizeHive is very user friendly and can be easily taught to those of all skill levels. Also, it is a great way to manage files and applications we receive. Lastly, the ability to create reports is a great tool.

Nachteile: WizeHive works well for our application process. There isn't anything about it that poses a challenge to our process.

Trusted grant management software

Bewertet am 15.10.2018
Sharlene V.
Research Programs Coordinator
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: If you are needing to collect and save a lot of data from grant applicants and reviewers, this is a great system to use. There are so many functions that can be utilized to maximize the grant review experience, and the support team is always helpful with answering any questions you may have about any step. Our organization has plans to upgrade to a submission portal next year which will allow even greater ability to perform a multi-step application process, save user profiles, and allow easy follow-up with grant recipients in order to collect final reports.

Vorteile: Auto email/bulk email feature makes it easy to notify applicants. Application forms are easy to update. Can perform an entire review process through WizeHive without much need from an outside source. Convenient place to keep track of records of applicants and reviewers. Also helpful with creating registration forms for events.

Nachteile: Somewhat challenging to navigate. Needs more help options and tutorials to make the user experience much easier. Still some bugs that need to be fixed (including some issues with a few of the filters in application forms).

Great Product

Bewertet am 13.2.2019
Camellia P.
program officer
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: WizeHive provided an incredible implementation lead (Dan) to get our fellowship platform active. He provided novel ideas and features to make sure both the application and review process ran seamless. The product is solid and easy to navigate. Also, the support staff turnaround time on troubleshooting problems is faster than the speed of light.

Nachteile: I liked everything about the product. I have nothing to add here.

Wizehive is versatile, customizable, has incredible depth, functionality and great customer service!

Bewertet am 28.9.2017
Laura W.
Event Liaison Specialist
Staatsverwaltung, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Savings on time, resources, paper and ease of use for my board to review.

Vorteile: My favorite thing about the software is how much time, resources and paper it saves me. I was managing the application process manually and it was super time consuming. It's been streamlined and I'm more efficient because of that. I also am really impressed with my implementation specialist . He's been invaluable and super patient with me during the entire process.

Nachteile: There are just a few minor things that could be improved upon, they are very specific to my review program. Mostly having to do with financial calculations.

Easy experience with supportive implementation managers; Always friendly and knowledgeable

Bewertet am 26.7.2017
Ashley B.
Deputy Chief Talent Officer

Vorteile: What has been most helpful for us is the flexible work flow and the widgets. We are still learning and understanding all the possibilities and making adjustments as we go.

Nachteile: So far, not being able to open select fields for our end-users to modify/edit is frustrating but manageable. Also, not being able to pre-populate fields in real time is hard to explain to non-tech savvy ppl because they believe that if the information is there, it should be able to pre-populate anywhere. Ideal situation for us would not have to manually export/import data to link fields together.

A flexible, adaptable tool that does not require much training for the user.

Bewertet am 23.8.2017
Nancy H.
Scholarship Program Director
Bildungsmanagement, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It saved me from using 5 different spreadsheets and Google docs to manage 15 different scholarships, a retention spreadsheet and individual e-mails to promote scholarships and collect data. I do not think it is as expensive and difficult to use as Salesforce or other products. It does seem to be built for scholarship providers as opposed to corporate vendors/sales managers.

Vorteile: It is adaptable to your needs and seems to be very robust. We rolled in a donor database, multiple scholarships, one application, a retention component and a selection process into one without having to pay for each feature. You are not boxed into one type of format and the designers seem to be very willing to add features as needed. Our contact has been great about being responsive and coaching us along the way so we get what we need on very short deadlines.

Nachteile: The online help function is not very good. It is hard to tell how making changes in one area will affect the end result. It would be great to be able to look at other scholarship applications and be able to pick and choose from other users to create our own.

Excellent service and huge time saving abilities

Bewertet am 17.5.2018
Kristin B.
Inception Program Manager
Computer-Hardware

Vorteile: It is relatively easy to install and extremely user friendly and intuitive. The reports in real time are amazing! All of your information is stored in one place.

Nachteile: There are some small preference things, but they will just make a good product great! Some things would be hiding the plugins from users based on access level.

Wizehive Review

Bewertet am 22.7.2019
Elise P.
Accounting Manageer
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I think the most impressive aspect of the platform was our Program Manager. She was extremely knowledgeable about the software and was always willing to help, jump on a call to explain something, etc. We can't say enough about her level of professionalism and support.

Nachteile: The platform is very complex, which is what we needed. However, the complexity of the platform makes for a greater learning curve. Thankfully, our Program Manager was able to walk us through it all.

Great system!

Bewertet am 29.9.2016
Claire R.
Director of Leadership Programs
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We used WizeHive for the first time last year to manage our application and review process for our program. The system saved us a huge amount of time and really helped us manage and understand our data. We have just signed up for a second year!

Vorteile: My colleague talked a lot about how the software helped her to manage our application and review process. She was able to tell at a glance how the reviewers were progressing. She was also able to run reports so that we could better understand the data that we collected. The staff that I have worked with so far have been responsive and informative when I ask a question.

Nachteile: As a small non profit, we find the software a little pricey. The amount of work that WizeHive will need to do to set up the system for the second year is significantly less than the first year, and yet the price is basically the same.

WizeHiiiiiive!!!

Bewertet am 9.7.2014
Victoria B.

Kommentare: We used WiveHive to manage a small internal grant program at our university. Previously, we used Blackboard to organize the proposals, collect reviews, etc., and we nearly all quit the committee because it was so hard to work with the materials! Using WizeHive made the proposal collections, assignments, reviews, and reporting very easy indeed, with far less room for human error. WizeHive was easy to use even for people who were submitting proposals and had no familiarity with the software, and for the committee members who received a little training, it was a breeze. The one criticism I might have is that the submitter/reviewer interface is not very good-looking, but that is a small non-issue. WizeHive's customer and technical support was outstanding. They do not have 24/7 support because they are a smaller company, but they always responded promptly, even after hours at times. Problems were fixed immediately. The person assigned to me was incredibly patient and helpful, even when I was asking questions that I should have been able to figure out for myself or remember from her tutorials. We will definitely use WH again for this grant program, and I'm talking WH up to other departments on campus for things like student applications to special programs.

Scholarship Program

Bewertet am 8.8.2018
Megan W.
Deputy Director
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: The software was extremely helpful in transitioning our scholarship program from a paper application program to an online program for students. The amount of work it saved internally was amazing.

Nachteile: The software was at time not intuitive, but it was overall easy to use once learned.

My experience has been quick, professional and efficient from the sales process to the set up!

Bewertet am 10.8.2017
Kyndra M.
Administrative Assistant
Bildungsmanagement, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: This software has allowed up to eliminate paper applications for a complex scholarship application process. It has allowed us to create an online database to track our scholars as well as our donors.

Vorteile: I appreciate the ease in which we can customize the software to do exactly what we are asking it to do. The flexible platform and the supportive technology support make the process painless to set up the system to perform exactly how we want it to.

Nachteile: It is difficult to find a negative aspect to this software. It would be nice to have more customization's available on the front end to make the application or platform look exactly as we would like it to look to our consumer.

Saved us so much time in grant application reviews and processing!

Bewertet am 9.1.2018
Rachel S.
Resource Development Manager
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I really enjoy having an affordable one-stop shop for all my grants information. All my history is available in one place. I also really like the ability to hide fields and customize what my reviewers see. And we also appreciate the affordability. I like knowing WizeHive already has everything we need, and they keep the system up-to-date.

Vorteile: I like most that users can log in and save their drafts before they submit the applications. This has made it a much better user experience for our grant writers who are working across teams to obtain information for their grant application and need the opportunity to review drafts before they hit submit. I also like that I can set up a review portal - this saved us so much time compared to how we used to do this, with Excel spreadsheets, printed copies and attachments.

Nachteile: I wish I could have each user set up their own profile where they could see all of their applications on one dashboard. My understanding is that this is a potential future development, and I would welcome it!

WizeHive has totally revolutionized our selection process

Bewertet am 30.7.2018
Gwendolyn B.
Social Impact Analyst

Vorteile: It has really streamlined our selection and reporting processes, making us more consistent and able to focus on improving how we work.

Nachteile: It didn't feel super intuitive to use at first, however the trainings are very helpful and once I got the hang of it.