Filtern nach:

Über Meltwater

Tools that enable marketing, comms and PR pros to monitor, analyze and influence the world around them.

Erfahre mehr über Meltwater

Javier victor marian B.
Javier victor marian B.
Network Security Auditor in USA
Öffentlichkeitsarbeit und Kommunikation, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

best monitoring media software

Kommentare: best tool for monitoring media outlets in latin america!

sysomos is a great combination of automated software that look into media outlets news in digital and keep a look into social media. Also, they have a robust database of latin america. Before wans't so great but they keep updating it. Now, it is hard to find adicional news outside sysomos.

i have problems sharing my monitors and querys with other users and customer suppport couldn't help me. Also time to timee they have a breach or something working wrong and you dont receive and alert by email and they are very slow to solve it. I have issues in the past with my clients because of this.

Dede C.
Communications Manager in USA
Versorgungsunternehmen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

One tool that does almost everything we need

4 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: We've been using it in this office for about 2 years now, and I used them previously at another job, as well. They're very responsive when you need help with something. I like the tool. It's intuitive and does just about everything we'd want it to. I do think their sales tactics were a little heavy-handed sometimes, putting deadlines on offers and whatnot, but when I talked to them about it, they lightened up a lot.

The dashboard for easy monitoring of our media and social coverage.

They charge separate pricing for everything, and it seems that every time I turn around they're rolling out a cool new feature they want to share, but it's always extra.

letztes Jahr

Dede, reviews like this give us motivation and help us ensure we continue to provide high-quality care. Thank you very much for your feedback and are glad you have continued to find value in Meltwater.

Vice President Board Of Directors in Kanada
Computer-Hardware, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

An acceptable tool that allows us to track our Media impact

Kommentare: An OK tool to use if you've been used to the platform. Recommend looking elsewhere to see if another tool can help solve your specific needs and problems.

A fairly robust way of gathering all the news about our industry, company, and competitors all in one place. Quick setup after a couple of calls with our representative.

the boolean logic strings are difficult to configure at first. We had issues with languages/news that had nothing to do with our industry. Not easily possible to laser-in on the information that we would find relevant for mass distribution. They need to make some enhancements as the UI seems dated, and at times difficult to navigate.

Ed M.
Director of Marketing and Communications in USA

Meltwater - Media Outreach

Kommentare: Customer Service is TOPS - [SENSITIVE CONTENT] my rep, is always on the ball!

The ease with which to send a press release on the National newswire.

The more options they add to the program the more expensive it becomes - there is a lot that I am unfamiliar with nor have the time or money to explore.

Rameez B.
Content Developer in Südafrika
Einzelhandel, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Great for customer engagement and as CRM tool

Kommentare: For the two years that we used Meltwater we increased our media sales and overall agent productivity. This lead to a decrease in our ques and many more satisfied customers. There are better products however Meltwater will definitely get the job done.

The CRM tool is amazing at collating and managing all social media into a chronological timeline. What I like most about this software is the interface. Very fluid and modern and easy on the eyes. It is also user-friendly, I was able to upskill many agents within 2 days maximum.

I do feel that the reporting could be a bit more specific or customisable. Especially when pulling agent reports, there is some information which I would like to see which is not there, so perhaps allowing a more in-depth customisable report functionwould be beneficial.

Vishal B.
Vishal B.
Social media Analyst in Indien
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Simplest listening and Monitoring tool i ever used

Kommentare: When I was a fresher I first used Sysmos and it helps me in understanding basics about listening and monitoring, It is very easy to use and query formation in Sysomos is very simple. One thing which i like about it is that its data tagging accuracy is far better than other tools

First of all, it is very simple to use, user-friendly and quite good for small and medium companies. Data mining is very simple in it and one can extract data very easily. It covers almost everything like hashtag analysis, Demographics analysis and word cloud analysis. Data accuracy is also quite good than others. Data extracted from Sysomos has multilayer topics, it provides much information. In short, it is a very important tool for a newbie, it will help in understanding the basics of listening and monitoring

there was a time when it used to extract data from many sources but now it only provides a chunk from twitter. Sometimes it has issues with data accuracy and time zone and the last thing is that it provides a limited amount of data.

Martin M.
Martin M.
Chief Content Officer in USA

A Product in Development

Kommentare: Meltwater is providing excellent support and their media data and reporting seems to be very reliable. We have been able to use it to make some very productive media in-roads. The software seems to be underdeveloped but hopefully they will continue to add the features needed to make it a mainstream offering.

Meltwater is easy to use and their employees pay a lot of attention to you as a client. Especially in the set-up stages, they are very attentive and schedule their follow-up effectively. The basic tools are adequate and their data seems to be reliable.

The platform for Meltwater seems to be very immature in terms of its development. It can send newsletters but you get almost NO functionality on analytics or member tracking. Like all other SaaS companies, everything is an add-on and it is not always easy to determine what you get for the price you are being quotes. The software simply feels rudimentary in design and immature in implementation.

Danielle S.
Social Media Manager in USA
Hochschulbildung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Great for social listening

Kommentare: Overall, this is a great tool for a PR and social media person to share and inform their work. Instead of doing a lot of manual searches online and on social media, you can get daily mentions in one simple email digest. It's a big time-saver.

I primarily use this software to keep an eye on the brand in the media for social media purposes. I like that I get a daily digest every morning at 9:30 am that helps me identify opportunities to engage with online users during the day.

The user experience design could use some improvement.

Account Director in USA

Not impressed.

Kommentare: Media contact information and a database to determine the relevant reporters would be immensely helpful to PR professionals, unfortunately, there has yet to be a provider that does this in an efficient, accurate and updated way.

These types of tools are somewhat of a necessary evil in the PR space when it comes to looking up media contacts. Meltwater is no worse than its competitors and about half the time will have the accurate, current contact information of the relevant reporter we are looking for.

Unfortunately the other half of the time, there is no specific contact information or publications are not even logged in the Meltwater databases. Often, every contact at a specific publication will be listed with the same generic contact email that's listed on the publication's website, making Meltwater's services essentially useless. User is also quite clunky to just be able to search for media outlets/contacts.

Dawn G.
Einzelhandel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Simple Intuitive Social Media Monitoring

Kommentare: If you are new to social media marketing and need a software that is easy to follow, Meltwater is one of the best on the market. It will give you all of the tools you need to effectively take your social media presence to the next level by comparing previous posts and finding what truly works best for your brand.

I'm a business owner for a small ecommerce based business. Social media is a huge part of our advertising and it's extremely time consuming to manage entirely on my own. This software allows me to view important analytics in one place. The interface is extremely intuitive and very easy to use. Everything you "need" to know is on the front page. You can see everything from mentions to impressions and new followers all in one place. They even have a "positivity percentage" and "competitive rank" that compares your audience reaction to others in a similar field.

I've used quite a few social media marketing tools. This one is simple- and that's one thing I really like about it. But I'd like to see a few more options. I really wish I could find a software that allowed me to both manage and monitor in the same application. But, alas, I can only find softwares that do one or the other.

vor 10 Monaten

Hi Dawn, thank you for your positive review! We're glad you find such value in our products. We do offer a streamlined solutions to social media management and social listening in one platform, so I encourage you to connect with your account rep!

Kathy W.
AVP PR in USA
Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

The most inclusive on the market

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: My overall experience has been good. The customer support is usually very fast and any issues always get resolved. The platform and staff are very reliable and useful.

The thoroughness of coverage and the reach is far larger than other products and the ability to customize searches, add viewers

a few typos in search criteria setup from prior account managers - but nothing that affects its usability

letztes Jahr

Kathy, we're glad to hear we have delivered such a great experience for you. Our team strives for excellent customer service and product solutions. Please don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything additional we can do for you.

David C.
Director in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Deceptive business practices and horrible customer service

Kommentare: Avoid this company at all costs. They have unethical and deceptive business practices.

It's easy to use and offers a robust contact list for reporters and media outlets. The daily reports are also helpful in seeing media mentions and areas of interest.

The customer service and their business practices are just unethical and deceptive. I caution anyone who is considering meltwater to understand that they will be automatically renewed for the next year if they don't give 90 days notice. Where is this listed? In a URL you have to click on that's buried in your agreement they send you. They don't separate it out, highlight it, or tell you anywhere else. Their customer service and management couldn't care less that they dupe you into another year at thousands of dollars. I wouldn't give this company the time of day, let alone my business ever again. Avoid at all costs.

vor 10 Monaten

Hi David, we appreciate your honest review. We set a high standard for ourselves, so we are disappointed to hear that your experience with us was not a positive one. We will use this as an opportunity to improve.

Amanda M.
Senior Account Executive in USA
Öffentlichkeitsarbeit und Kommunikation, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Great social media monitoring & journalist database tool

Kommentare: Tip to your sales team: stop being so aggressive and reading from a script it gets very annoying.

They have an extensive journalist database and their social media platform is great. Can connect several different clients' accounts and schedule posts and the metrics are great

Their sales team is extremely aggressive. Only hear from account reps when it's time for renewal and after you sign up they go silent when you have an actual issue.

Katie F.
Digital Content Developer in USA
Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Meltwater is a Capable Social Monitoring Tool!

Kommentare: We primarily use Meltwater as a social media monitoring tool. We're a global organization, so it can be difficult to have a full picture of how our business is being referenced across the world. But Meltwater solves that problem!

Meltwater is very useful in being able to monitor what is being said about our company on a global scale on social media. I get an email every morning that shows me exactly who is saying what and on which platform. It links out to these references as well! From here I can take action and ensure that I'm staying ahead of any negative - and positive - remarks.

Meltwater's platform can be a bit tricky to learn. It's not a very simple platform - though it's relatively drag-and-drop, but you have to be uber-aware of how to put together the lists you need so everything will be monitored correctly. That's where the Account Managers come into play. So, on the whole, if you don't have a lot of time to learn the platform. I have no doubt it's easy once you get the hang of it, but I don't have that luxury!

Senior Director of Marketing, Communication and Special Events in USA
Museen & Institutionen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Great investment for the right company

Kommentare: I use this software for both distributing press releases and monitoring media coverage and think the product is worth the investment if you are dealing with media on at least the national level. Only complaint is the sales staff (most likely by design of their business model) is on the pushy side to get you to renew you contact early and frquent attempts to upsell new products or features.

Meltwater is very user friendly and an excellent resource to reach media contacts (broadcast, print and online) nationality and internationally.

Like all other public relation tools for media, Meltwater tends to have a good amount of media contacts that are out of date but that seems to be an issue accross the board. Price is high, but comparable to other similar software...but worth it if your company is trying to reach media on a national level or monitor your media coverage.

Jeff S.
CMO in USA
Internet, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

We use Meltwater Daily and Have for Years... Great tool and service.

Kommentare: We've been a customer for 3+ years and use Meltwater on a daily basis. Initially, we were mostly using the media monitoring features exclusively, and that alone was enough value to justify our account. More recently we've also been using the Influencer platform for media research and outreach and that has also proven to be extremely useful. Much of our content marketing is driven by things we're able to uncover on a daily basis using Meltwater.

The breadth of features. Ease of use and flexibility. Daily email reports, customizable Dashboards, integration with analytics and social platforms, comprehensive media/influencer database and contact platform. Outstanding proactive service and support.

No real complaints about the software. It is very robust and even after several years, we are finding new beneficial ways to leverage Meltwater.

Douglas J.
Media and communications manager in USA
Erholungseinrichtungen & -dienstleistungen, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Provides numbers and assistance we need

Kommentare: Meltwater provides us with the intelligence we need and an easy-to-use platform, to boot. It's a must-have.

Meltwater is fairly intuitive to use, though their reps will walk you through everything.

Seems there's always something new they want you to buy.

PR Manager in USA

Best Option in the Market

Kommentare: With nearly 10 years working in PR, I have had experience with Cision, Vocus, and Meltwater. There is no question that I will continue to use Meltwater in my career because it is most powerful, in my opinion. I also think that their PR distribution (which is integrated into the platform) is better than what the other players have to offer.

I use Meltwater primarily for its media database and PR distribution. The media data seems to be pretty well updated and when I request changes/additions, they are made very quickly.

As they have updated the software, I lost some of the key features that added value to how I use it. I wish you could filter search results better, gain better snapshots of individual outreach performance from the overall list, and create news searches based on specific media lists, to name a few. Also, beware of their contract because there is an autorenewal clause no matter if your account rep has reached out to you beforehand or not. Make a note on your calendar ahead of time so that charge doesnt come as a surprise or ask them to remove it from your contract.

Social Media Specialist in USA
Quelle: GetApp

Meltwater = Too Expensive For Small Business, Good For Larger Operations

Kommentare: Overall, the algorithm changes on Instagram took away our use for discovering leads efficiently with the listening tool. The cost was no longer sustainable once it was not bringing in any additional revenue. It is a powerful tool, with great customer service, but I believe it is a little too pricey for smaller businesses.

I liked how robust the listening side of the software was. You could really dive into the results and pick up conversations that were happening around your brand that you otherwise would not have been able to see.

What I liked least about this software was that their social inbox was just Sprout Social. I was living within the engagement side of the software and saw little additional value. For those focusing solely on social listening, I recommend looking only at the component.

Jo B.
Development Manager in UK
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Incredibly Intuitive

Kommentare: The team are available on hand if needed, and very helpful and supportive of training, very much solution led in all areas. It's always been a positive experience working with them.

It's a great, easy to set up and easy to use platform, even if you're only using some of the features occasionally. In a small team it's really important to be able to utilise time effectively and this is a great tool to achieve that and cost effective too.

Nothing really - it's easy to use and great for what our organisation currently needs.

Gaurav M.
Manager Analytics in Indien
Onlinemedien, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

An awesome Social Media Listening tool for Twitter

Kommentare: I have been using Sysomos for almost 2 years and it has never failed to surprise me. The tool is fun to work with Twitter data however it lags when we are looking for Facebook, Blogs, Forums and Instagram mentions.
The tool is good for realtime campaign monitoring.
Downside: The customer support is not that responsive when you encounter any issue with tool like data lapse etc.
Overall it is good product when your prime focus is to monitor Twitter conversations on web.

1. Strong Twitter Monitoring 2. Effective Real Time Tracking

1. Poor customer support 2. Not so good traditional media tracking

Ana D.
PR & Communication Manager CEE/Europe in Rumänien
Pharmazeutika, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Review on Meltwater collaboration

Most relevant features are related to the fact that we could (relatively) easy see how our messages (key ones) were taken over by the media and the way these were interpreted. The universe around key topics and the geographical span.

Reports for certain topics. Not a digest with all media impacts, but a narrative, to also include metrics for positive/negative/neutral articles.

Shantel C.
Operations Assistant in USA
Öffentlichkeitsarbeit und Kommunikation, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Meltwater Review

Kommentare: My team benefits from saving time while searching for media coverage and Meltwater has great reporting analytics to show each client the amazing weekly progress.

Meltwater is user-friendly and a huge help in monitoring media coverage for our clients. I can also add missing articles very easily to added content for each client on the board searches.

The algorithm for searching each client can be difficult at first but by call your representative, they will go through the best algorithm for your client so, you can find media coverage with ease.

Linda R.
Linda R.
Director of Digital Communications in USA
Hochschulbildung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Robust Social Media Monitoring at a Price

Kommentare: We tend to use Meltwater in times of social media crises — and it cuts down on manual data compilation and creates easy-to-understand reports for all stakeholders.

Robust social monitoring capabilities, easy to set up, really great customer support, easily customizable, and easy to export reports.

It's pricey, but with social media monitoring that is to be expected. In this realm, you get what you pay for, and Meltwater is worth the price because it just pulls in way more intel than any other solution available.

Digital Marketing Specialist in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

High level and getting better

Meltwater is aquiring a lot of new companies which is giving their platform more functionality every day. It is not perfect when it comes to social platform API's and I tend to not trust the numbers but it is improving.

I tend to find a lot of errors within my social media reporting. My account rep has said its due to the restrictive api's of the social platforms which I understand. However, it makes social scheduling difficult as I have to use multiple platforms to schedule posts.