Filtern nach:

Über H&R Block

On-premise solution that helps small businesses file corporate taxes, create job application forms, assess audit risks, and more.

Erfahre mehr über H&R Block

Linh P.
Linh P.
Tax Auditor in USA
Buchhaltung, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Handling one of only two things that are certain in everyone’s life - Tax

Kommentare: I have been using H&R Block for 3 years to file my household's tax returns. It serves me well. My tax return is complicated with multiple schedules and worksheets. H&R Block software saved me a lot from having my return prepared by a tax professional.

H&R Block gets update regularly to keep up with regulation changes. The software has multiple modes: from beginner level where you can simply answer questions and the program provided a lot of guidance/helps or expert level where you have more freedom to pick and choose the appropriate schedules to fit your own needs.

The price of Premier level (include Schedule E, Rental and Schedule C, Business income) is expensive compared with other competitors.

Patricia C.
owner in USA
Programmentwicklung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Great if you never need tech support

Kommentare: Pre-2021 the experience has always been top notch, but I've never needed tech support before this. I've been using this software for over 25 years, first as Tax Cut, Then as Kipplingers, then H&R Block brought it under their name. Never had a problem. Always had a relatively easy time getting my taxes done - considering this is about taxes after all. But since the IRS is still processing 2019 tax returns due to Covid, and my 2019 returns happen to be in that pending batch, I had to find a work-around in order to file. And THAT revealed the whole messy underside of this.

Ease of use. Great questionnaires and resources to go through tax prep. Audit check is excellent. Takes very little time if you have all of your documentation at the ready. Even when the return is complex for business owners.

If you have a complex situation, go to a CPA! Period. End of Story. Online tech support is not accessible unless you reveal your social security # - they shouldn't have access to that # for a login. NEVER! Phone tech support has irritating fuzzy sounding jazz at a loud volume, while their chit-chat trivia narrator's voice is set at a low volume, designed to ratchet up the cortisol because it took 10 hours to fix one field via override. I can only imagine how many people go through this tear into employees who have the misfortune of answering the call after someone's been on hold for the fourth time for an hour.

Mona M.
Programmer in USA
Informationsdienst, Selbstständig

Makes an unpleasant task (tax returns) tolerable

5 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: I use this software to prepare my taxes. Have been doing so for years. There have been times where I've questioned the results, but any time I've asked a professional's opinion, the software has always been proven correct. In other words, it's accurate, as far as I have ever been able to prove. You start your return by bringing in the data from last year (assuming you used the product last year). This saves you a lot of typing, because you really only have to update the data in the current year. So anything that's the same as last year is a snap to handle this year. The return is done in "interview" fashion. The software guides you through the different sections of a return, asking questions along the way. It saves your work as you go so you can leave and come back later. All in all, it's pretty intuitive to use. But beware: no software in the world is going to tell you you've made a silly mistake. In other words, your accountant might notice a silly typo in your return, that the software couldn't possibly notice. So you have to be your own proof-reader. But if you work slowly and carefully, you should get an accurate result.

Relatively easy to use, very thorough, accurate as far as I've ever been able to tell. Updates keep you informed of last-minute changes.

There are a couple long-standing bugs - where you just have to know the work-arounds.

Michael S.
Video Producer in USA
Unterhaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Hr Block has gone downhill

Kommentare: I would not recommend HR Block it seems they are not customer oriented and only grabbing cash and disappearing.

Hr Block is easy to use and a good way to deal with your taxes for a small business. It seems to cover mostly what you need, but if there's something you need that's not included you may run into frustration.

I liked the software until it was missing a form that I needed. I called HR Block and while the customer service was nice they were unable to include the form on the online version, which meant I had to everything at another website or by hand. This wasn't a big hassle until they decided not to refund my money. I paid the competition for their website version TT and was able to complete everything in half the time.

Secondary Teacher in USA
Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Good for self employed

Kommentare: It has worked well for self employed and personal taxes with a variety of wizards that walk you through scenarios with questions. Overall happy with product, not happy with difficulty to contact customer services.

A variety of formats for downloading and saving files for future use. Quick and straightforward to use with updates when they are released. Really like final audit checks and ability to print forms.

The price! They are tons of different prices and offers. Also do not like how difficult it is to talk to customer service…that’s an extra cost. Also the file extension is difficult to open without software. Make sure you save a pdf!

Brian J.
Consultant in USA
Finanzdienstleistungen, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

H & R Block

Kommentare: I have had no problems with H&R Block and the results have been very good. It can be easy to use and simple to follow. Now that I have used both the individual and business software I am very confident that they are set up properly and I am able to use the software very quickly and accurately

I use H&R Block tax software for preparation of federal and state individual tax returns and also the Premium and Business version for federal and state trust returns. The software is easy to use in filling out amounts and prompting you with more questions. It has several data verification features to ensure your accuracy and it is easy to efile your returns.

Some features when preparing trust returns can be a bit confusing such as allocating tax exempt interest to expenses. You have to check certain schedules to ensure they are as you expect.

Greg F.
Verbraucherdienste, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

The Old Stand By for Tax Preparation

Kommentare: We have used H&R Block for several years and like it better than in person tax filing

Software is very easy to use, walks you step by step through all the forms and updates. Lets you know when you have an issue

The price for the tax software for self employed and business is relatively expensive, audit chances are not explained that well

Anna V.
Student in USA
Marketing & Werbung, Selbstständig

Taxes haven't been easier until now

Kommentare: Overall, this is the only software I use for my taxes because my experience has been amazing each time. I would recommend this software to everyone.

I personally do my taxes myself, it saves me time and money. The software is easy to use and helps me know what important documents I need to file my taxes. It also verifies that all my information I entered is correct. I am also able to check for updates and receive emails and text messages with my status. I am always in the loop of what is happening and I like that. I was able to download my taxes because I needed it for my daughters daycare scholarship.

I do not see any issues with the software. It was easy for me to use. The only thing I could recommend is the layout of the software. It can be challenging to find what I need and to navigate to certain sections, but it is not a deal breaker.

Evan T.
Community Relations Coordinator in Kanada
Sport, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Great Free Tax Software

Kommentare: The first tax software I used to file income tax and might be the last. The ability to carry over the previous year makes filing taxes easy and quick.

It's a free, quick and easy tax software that makes filing taxes easy come income tax season. The UI is clean and very self explanatory. It takes you about 30 minutes to fill out, depending on how many deductions you have to apply. Connects your CRA account quick an easy.

The feature to deduct stock losses/gains took a long time as you had to manually enter in each buy/sell. If there was a way to connect your H&R account to your trading software that would speed up the process.

Laura J.
writer/editor in USA
Schreiben & Editieren, Selbstständig

My Favorite Tax Software

Kommentare: I hate doing taxes, but H&R Block software takes a lot of the stress out of having to do them.

This program is so easy to use. It is affordable, customer service is amazing, and it takes you through everything step by step.

There isn't anything I particularly dislike about this software. The ease of use keeps me coming back to it whenever it's time to do my taxes.

Patrick M.
Freelance in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

Intuitive tax filing

Kommentare: I have used H&R Block to file my own taxes, as both a full-time employee and a freelancer, for years. I highly recommend it!

H&R Block offers a very intuitive tool for filing your own taxes. It tells you exactly where to go to find the information you need on the right forms, and it offers help/tips to answer your questions or inform you of updates to the law as you work through. I also compared this tool to others to see which got me the most out of my returns, and H&R Block has won every time. The tool does a particularly nice job of explaining things that deal with freelance and/or owning a side business and working full-time for an employer.

Expect to have to pay for State filing, but that is common with most reputable tax software. It is still free to run through that part, if you deem it worth your time to use the information to file manually. Personally, I just use the tool.

Luís ricardo M.
Software Engineer in Brasilien
Druck, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Made my life much easier living outside the US

Kommentare: It was a life saver for me because I didn't have access to an accountant nor was I present in the United States when I used H&R Block.

As a foreigner I knew nothing about tax returns and was afraid to commit any mistakes. H&R Block was a huge help for me as a beginner because it ensures you are actually doing the right thing. The step by step process was long, but ok to follow through. I wouldn't be able to file my taxes without an online tool as I wasn't present in the United States at the time.

The process was kind of long, but everything was great to me in the end. There is so much information to fill out that it's hard to know if you're doing it correctly, but the company is great in validating your information and asking only the necessary things.

Sam Z.
Freelance in USA
Animation, Selbstständig

What I use to do taxes

Kommentare: I use H&R to do my taxes. I've used it for the past two years and couldn't be happier with it.

My taxes are fairly simple, but H&R Block makes it so easy to file. It allows me to do my state and federal taxes, and it walks me through every step of the way. I've tried others, but H&R Block gives me the biggest return, and that's using the free version.

Not really a whole lot to complain about. If I really want to nit pick, H&R Block connected me to Lending Tree, which sends me a lot of spam. Though they do give me free credit checks, and I could always unsubscribe if I wanted. Again, that's just me looking for some sort of negative.

Marco A.
IE Technician in Mexiko

So Far The Best I Have Used

Kommentare: H&R Block is the one software service I have used the most compared to Turbo Tax and other services. Definitely I will continue using H&R Block in the future

I have used other income tax services to file and H&R Block continues to be the best software since I have personally see it the most user-friendly service.

Sometimes I do get lost since a little new information has been asked in the past that I have not understood.

Joseph T.
Einzelhandel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Perfect For My Business

Ease of use was perfect for my small business

There were no cons with this product has everything we need

Diane P.
Einzelhandel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Good program for small business and personal use

Kommentare: I have used their software tax program for over 15 years without one problem or audit. I highly recommend this software to anyone looking to use online tax programs for both personal and business use.

The software is easy to use and extremely accurate in calculating taxes for both business and personal use.

There are no cons for this program at all. I have never had any problems using the tax program for my personal or business use.

Sheng A.
Sportartikel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Easy for all isers

Kommentare: Excellent product year after year. Life long customer

It has a simple work flow that progresses smoothly and asks questions to make sure you have filled out everything correctly

The business versions are pricey but it beats having to pay for an accountant. The personal version can be free if you don't need to do more than standard deduction. We use it for schedule C

David H.
Network Administrator in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

My taxes done easy

Kommentare: I have used this for years and appreciate how easy it is to get my taxes done every year. I will likely continue using this if they keep making it easy to file everything.

Like most tax software, it imports everything needed from last year so I don't have to type it in again.

I'm sometimes unsure if a deduction/credit is for me, but this is likely a fault with overly complex tax laws though

Timothy A.
Druck, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Great Product for Small Biz

Kommentare: We used HR Block last two years ago before switching. It got the job done quickly and relatively painlessly but for our business we decided to go with TurboTax since it integrates with Quickbooks easily. I would still recommend HR Block because their customer service team is easy to deal with.

I liked how easy filing our taxes were and I felt confident when I was done that all the information was correct and accurate.

I didn't like that I couldn't easily import information from Quickbooks (our primary accounting software) so we had to enter expenses, etc manually.

Johnella C.
Restorative Practice Assistant in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Great tax platform

Kommentare: My overall experience has been amazing and I am reassured that they will fix any issues I have

I absolutely love this software and it gives me the safety and security I need when filing my taxes.

There isn’t anything about the software that I don’t like. Never had any issues with or mishaps when using this.

Robyn B.
Kunst & Handwerk, Selbstständig

Great tax site for small business

Kommentare: The experience has been very easy. I seriously have no complaints.

It's very easy to use abd makes it rasy to understand what filing your taxes means and it's easy to get help

Nothing I need. The site is very useful. It gives many resources that are not available through other programs

Hannah J.
entreprenuer in USA
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, Selbstständig

My Go-To for Taxes

I use this software for my taxes every year! They keep me up-to-date on what is happening as my return processes, and every single year they get me a really good return on my taxes!

I honestly don't have any issues with this software! It is easy to install, use, and their customer service is great!

Ryan O.
Assistant Manager in USA
Automotive, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Busy Life, H&R does a lot of the heavy lifting for you.

Kommentare: nothing but A+

H&R keeps my personal and Business life ( as far as Taxes ) organized, which means less load i need to carry as far as a business and personal, thus less stress on my back.

well not much to complain about, other than the cost to keep my stress level low.

Melinda A.
Bildungsmanagement, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

H & R Block

I like that it is easy to use and that it makes tax season easier.

This is for more simple taxes for more complicated taxes I would hire an accountant in case things are missed and more rebates are available.

Derrel B.
Marketing & Werbung, Selbstständig

Great customer service

Kommentare: Great

Easy to use. Services are Guaranteed. Lots of customer support services.

Felt like it did not explain possible tax back options like I was expecting