Über ProSeries Tax

Desktopbasierte Steuervorbereitungssoftware für Profis, die eine genaue und Compliance-freundliche Steuererklärung ermöglicht.

Erfahre mehr über ProSeries Tax

The interface is easy to use. There is not much else to like about it.

The price is a little steep and if not using for multiple returns its hard to justify the cost of it.

Bewertungen zu ProSeries Tax

3,6
4,0
3,6

ProSeries Tax hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,0 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 156 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du ProSeries Tax bereits verwendet?

Jason
Financial Advisor & Tax Consultant in Kanada
Finanzdienstleistungen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great Software for Tax Professionals

Kommentare: I have a good experience with this software year after year. I would recommend it.

I really liked the ease of use. Switching back and fourth between pages/schedules was very intuitive and easy. I also like the ability to carry forward returns from previous years to keep the important information and data consistent in the records for each client. The software was also up to date on the current incentives and deductions so that made the review process faster.

It can be a little pricey, so unless you are doing 100-200 or more returns it might not be for your business. Also I wasn't able to open the same file on two different computers to work with a colleague from a remote location on a client return, that would have been useful in a few situations.

Maria
Tax professional in USA
Buchhaltung, Selbstständig

Good product, easy to use, but not cheap

Kommentare: It's a good product, easy to use and have most of the forms I need in my daily practice, but it's in the expensive side.

Easy to use, alert when there are product updates. The review feature is great.

The price. That's my only complain. I have been thinking about changing tax software for a while, but it's an inconvenience and I am afraid of the conversion to another one and the learning curve. Otherwise I would have changed.

Mark

Buyer Beware

I do like some of the reports that the software generates. It creates a client presentation to show clients what is going on with their taxes. However, some of their business practices are less than ethical. I find this disturbing. I've prepared taxes for 15 years and have used 3 software companies. While they all have their pros and cons, ProSeries is the only one that tried to strong-arm me using an auto-renewal that you aren't allowed to opt-out. You have to call, wait on hold, and sit through a sales pitch so THEY can decide if they want to take you off the auto-renewal.

AUTO-RENEWAL- YOU CANNOT SHUT THIS OFF. Once you purchase the software, they automatically sign you up for auto-renewal, and don't let you turn it off. They give you a phone number to call that is available during limited hours. When you call- be ready to be placed on hold for a loooong time. I was told they would call me back in 20 minutes but this never happened. I had to call multiple times and wait on hold to finally talk with someone. I'm still on the phone as we speak (2 hours later) and I still don't have the auto-renewal shut off.

Shea
President in USA

ProSeries Tax Review

Ease of use and the installation process

As with all Intuit products I use: constantly crashing, bugs seem to be in every update released which can be extremely frustrating and time consuming during tax season

Buchhaltung, Selbstständig

Intuit's ProSeries is easiest to learn and to use.

Kommentare: It's consider the Best tax software to learn and to use because of its overall simplicity of its interface and functionality.
The costs to that is the lack of available forms, mediocre tech support, rising price and growing limitations (see Cons).
The company does NOT really listen to users in ADDING forms/worksheets which is one of the biggest complaints.

Relatively easy to learn and to use Many worksheets are form based so it's based on the tax forms themselves Able to create sub-statements to add details Able to link from/import from ATB (old trial balance software) so data prep is reduced and links are transferred to future years The Fixed Asset Manager (FAM) software, sold separately, does a Much better job regarding fixed assets than the depreciation section built into the Sch C/E which is very limited, esp. for reporting purposes, which is why FAM is needed. The Doc Mgmt System (DMS), sold separately, is tied Intuit and is VERY basic but it works for scanning documents to help create a paperless system. Buy the ProSeries Professional version and NEVER the ProSeries BASIC version as the former has more functionality.

Not enough worksheets esp. to show calculations Missing K-1 basis worksheets for 1120-S/1065 K-1s so limitations must be done manually by sub-statements help but not much Intuit does NOT include many forms even if requested by users for MANY YEARS! Tech support is NOT that good! Price has risen significantly over the years! Companion DMS (Doc Mgmt System) is tied Intuit and can't be used as Stand-Alone feature and has VERY LIMITED features like Backup options or the ability to Truncate years to backup! Also, can NOT be used to Import Scanned doc info into ProSeries! Do NOT use ProSeries Basic as it removes much of the Functionality of the ProSeries Prof version as it done to keep the price low and meant primarily for 1040 users for simpler returns. Intuit does NOT limit the functionality of ProSeries Pro version to use the Basic features so you'll need to buy the Basic version which is Very STUPID! Other tax software makers just LIMIT their programs' functionality while using ONE version instead of Dumbing it down to sell!

KS

Ease of use?

Kommentare: Horrible. Not intuitive. Interface is way too busy.

It's abhorrent. There are no pros to ProSeries

It's like using Windows 97. It's clunky. Intuit claims it's a forms-based program. It's not. The input screen is too large. Selecting 60% does nothing. As such you have to use the mouse to scroll and scroll.

Buchhaltung, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Easy to use tax preparation software

I use ProSeries Professional with other Intuit products such as Fixed Asset Manager in my daily work as a tax specialist. It is my long-term favoured tax preparation software for several reasons. Although any professional accounting software has a steep learning curve, I find ProSeries relatively painless to use. It is undoubtedly quicker and easier to use than alternatives such as TurboTax. In my experience, it produces very accurate returns. This ease of use allows me to spend more time where it counts, dealing directly with clients.

It would be beneficial for the direction of the ProSeries software if the company were to work on improving the capacity of the online version. There are also some minor user issues, such as the lack of particular worksheets, which force the user back on manual additions, such as W-2 forms.

Kali
Kali
Assistant County Attorney in USA
Anwaltskanzlei, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great Tax Software Program

Kommentare: Overall, Intuit ProSeries Tax is a good program that helps me achieve my goals when it comes to tax preparation.

This software is easy to use. It has a find feature that allows you to search for the areas of information that you want to input. It also auto-calculates so you can look at your calculations throughout the process and see what your clients will be paying or receiving back.

This software can be semi-confusing when attempting to input longer documents, such as a K1 or 1099 from an investment company. Some of the screens could be simplified in order to allow for easier input or to help discern where certain information needs to go within the program.

Antwort von Intuit

Hi Kali. If you ever have any questions about entering longer documents, please let us know on Facebook (Intuit QuickBooks) or Twitter (@QBCares) so we can reach out and assist you when doing that. All the best, Grant, The QuickBooks Team

Buchhaltung, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

NON-COMPLEX AND EASY TAX PREP SOFTWARE

The simplicity of Intuit’s interface is one of the reasons why I chose Intuit. It provided simple and easy features that anyone can learn. The document scanning allows a paperless documentation which is a great plus to any software, allows efficient e-filing. It is a very useful software.

The worksheets are very limited, especially during tax season. Also, tech support responds slowly to any reported problems, but once they respond, they really get into the problem and will try to figure out the problem.

Buchhaltung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Wonderful

Kommentare: Overall, I love pro series and am very impressed with the quality of work it does with such ease.

I’m an entry level accountant and ProSeries is probably the easiest way to learn how to do taxes. Very easy to implement and it teaches you a lot while you go.

The interface still seems a bit archaic and the database can be quite messy sometimes. Nothing is worse than when you lose info that you need for a client.

Glen
Manager in USA
Buchhaltung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Do not invest in ProSeries Professional - support is not knowledgeable or responsive

The interface is easy to use. There is not much else to like about it.

We rarely, if ever, get through to a support person. When we do reach a support person, it is always a first-level support person who does not understand the tax question or the technical questions we pose. They are "not allowed" to transfer phone calls to someone who might understand the question according to one support person we spoke with recently, and the supervisors who assist in the background also seem to have little tax knowledge or hands on experience with the software. The list of defects is endless - the CT EITC form does not work correctly, the software does not pass on to a Connecticut part-year return a 1099R distribution, and it does not pass on to a Connecticut resident return a 1099R with a distribution code PJ in box 7, and the list goes on and on. Maybe one star rating on a good day for the software and none for their support.

GEORGE
Retired in USA
Einzelhandel, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Good Software for Smaller Firms

Kommentare: Overall we like Intuit's software product, but as our practice grew we needed a more fully integrated product.

Intuit was one of the first relatively inexpensive software suites. It integrated with Quick Books and was a major step up from manual preparation.

The software could be frustrating because it was difficult often difficult to determine where to enter figures and/or locate where numbers were coming from. Anyone who has used their individual tax prep software will have encountered this problem.

Natalie
Pricipal in USA
Finanzdienstleistungen, Selbstständig

Reliable everytime

Kommentare: Never had an issue, have used them for 18 years.

Efficient because it has all the forms that I need even for complex return.

The price. It is the most expensive program out there.

Randy
President/ Tax Preparer in Kanada
, Selbstständig

Intuit robs retired tax preparers by making them buy a path license every year after they retire in order for the tax programs and licenses that they already purchased is not really theirs to begin with.

Kommentare: After 20+ years of buying and supporting these products only to get screwed in the sunset years. This is all because I need to file a 1040 X for a return I already paper filed. And I can do it if I pay for a new license with exchange and c/c charges.

The tax software was good when doing taxes for Canada and the U.S. at the same time. working on them side by side makes for less oversights.

after you retire you continue to pay for a license to access your material when required by tax agencies.

Jesse
IT Administrator in USA
Buchhaltung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

We are an accounting firm that has been using this software for years and have been very satisfied

Kommentare: We rely on Proseries for all of our tax documents and filing. Having the ability to import all our client's digital paperwork as well as data from other applications into one main database makes our jobs so much easier.

All-In-One software with extensive set of add-ins. Very accurate database of information and always up to date. Very easy to use and administer.

Network installation and use can be buggy at times but locating a fix online is generally pretty easy.

Sarah

Good Tax Prep Software for the smaller Accountant

I thought this product was easy to use. I like the client interview form which is helpful as a guide for not missing any income or deduction items for your clients. It allows you to import files from Turbo Tax which can be handy if a client has prepared their return themselves the prior year. The error check feature is helpful as well. I am a small firm that only does a limited # of personal tax returns and I do not always have another accountant to discuss tax questions with or bounce ideas off of so, the error check does assist in catching any potential problems on a return.

I don't like the I have to have internet access when I try to access the software or it will not let me in. This was a new feature in the 2016 software which I did not care for.

Abe
Accountant in USA
Buchhaltung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Worst customer service, tech support, and program

Kommentare: Tech support NEVER solved any issue for me.

I don't like tech support or customer service for their primitively treatment to clients. Should be looking for another program.

Tech support, Customer service, and the program itself always have issues that other pcompetitors do not experience.

RUSSELL
MANAGING MEMBER in USA
Buchhaltung, Selbstständig

Customer Service for 2018 tax filing season is horrible. 1 hour+ wait times??

Kommentare: Terrible experience. Even though I have been using Pro Series for many many years, I will make a change next year and will no longer recommend this program.

Ease of use and the intuitive nature of the program.

Customer Service is non-existent. Hours have been cut down and I have experienced 1 hour plus wait times, which is unacceptable for the clientele they are supposed to be serviced during the busiest time of year. I have not yet gotten through to customer service once. Two years ago I had to get a new printer because the program no longer functioned with my HPLJ 4100. This year printing anything from Pro Series is agonizingly slow. When I go online to check out the issue(because I cannot get through to CS) I cannot figure out what I need to do, nor should I during tax season.

Debra

This is a good product for a small firm like mine, but it's expensive and support needs improvement.

It is pretty complete and the calculations are right most of the time. I like the error alerts and diagnostics.

In several of the last 15 years, there were errors in the proforma data when I installed the new tax year's software. Also, the support staff don't really know the product well and don't help much when I have a question.

Terry

Easy to learn

This software was very easy to learn. It is east to navigate to the different areas of the program. The support for this product is awesome!

Setting up custom invoices is not easy to do. If I call Intuit though, they will walk me through how to do this. Sometimes finding certain forms is not easy.

Advisor in USA
Finanzdienstleistungen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

ProSeries Dependability

Kommentare: Proseries has been a very dependable tool for us for the past 20 years, and it is the cornerstone of our practice.

Proseries is a great tax software for the level of detail and comprehensiveness that it gives a preparer to do returns.

It is a little more antiquated than some of the newer softwares out.

Samuel
CPA in USA

Great Software for Solo or Small Tax Professionals

Proseries is really great for those tax professionals who know what they need to work on and want to get done quickly. It really is designed for those know what forms specifically they need to use and want to integrate. For the quality they deliver with their pricing I think ProSeries should definitely be a serious consideration for any small or midsized tax practice.

The ability to work on two returns at once. Especially as it relates to being able to look at partnerships and S corps and then also their members personal tax returns simultaneously.

Jayme
Freelancer in USA

Great Tax Program

Kommentare: I have been working with this program for a few years preparing tax returns.

This software is very informative and functional. It’s a professional program for professional tax preparers. I like it because you don’t have to guess where to plug in your numbers, the program has prompts to help you. It’s easy to navigate and easy to find the forms that you need.

I must admit that it takes a few practice rounds to be able to locate all the forms you need quickly. The online help is always there but it’s you still have to have some general tax prep knowledge to use this software.

Tina
tax preparer in USA

successful

Kommentare: good

Easy to understandBeen using it over 20 years

customer support when there is a problem

Ted
managing member in USA

problems running proseries in Windows 10

Kommentare: looking for a better, most efficient, and cost effect product.

year-to-year data transfer works good and it is easy to add new clients and follow the forms input screen.

runs like a snail in Windows 10, updates have to be manually downloaded unless it is an update to an installed product, customer support to download software updates sends you to the community where little guidance is found to be useful, virtually no customer support provided by Intuit. You will waste a lot of time trying to download updates they should send to you automatically.