A Huge Lifesaver for Our 250-Seat Restaurant

Bewertet am 30.10.2019
Gerad C.
President/Founder
Gastgewerbe, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I really love the 7shifts people. They are passionate about what they're doing, super engaged with customers and always working to make us happy. They are a tech company that is really keeping the customer's needs in mind and working to make our lives better/easier. At this point I couldn't fathom losing the 7shifts toolkit at Prairie Dog Brewing.

Vorteile: 7shifts is really geared toward restaurant shift/labour management and communications, whereas so many of the other scheduling softwares out there try to fit the general case and don't handle the high-paced, dynamic nature of restaurant staffing nearly as well. From our perspective, 7shifts literally cuts down 5-10 hours a week of admin time, while also providing us a convenient, central location for communication with staff, basic HR data, etc. We use the free 7punches app to track time punches, which also has some nifty features that help us manage labour costs and keep better tabs on things like lateness. What I'm most excited about now is 7shifts' built-in "Optimal Labor" tool, which combined with our POS sales integration, provides me with HOURLY forecasts for my sales on given upcoming week, then tells me how many servers, bartenders, etc it thinks I should have on based on my sales, labour targets and past scheduling. It's not perfect, but its hugely helpful and lightyears ahead of what we were doing in the past, taking only a fraction of the time. 7shifts is a tech company that really gets restaurants and what we need, I eagerly anticipate every update to the software. I'm a techno-geek at heart, with my own tech industry experience, and by working with the 7shifts people and products, I immediately see a really healthy, creative tech culture at the company, which are poised to keep moving at a phenomenal pace and quality of output.

Nachteile: I wish we could get the Machine Learning auto-scheduler feature at "The Works" package level, even as a priced add-on. Currently the only way to get it is to sign up for a massively more expensive package that is really designed for franchise chains with many locations to handle. We have just one location, but really want the auto-scheduler (it's absolutely brilliant). I love the 7shifts web API and use it for quite a lot of our own software, but the documentation is really incomplete/out of date and I have to do a lot of reverse engineering either from their website or by making educated guesses. I can imagine that this might cause some friction or limit the abilities of third parties to integrate with 7shifts. Third party integrations have not been as robust or full-featured as I'd hoped, at least the TouchBistro/7shifts integration, but I think that's more due to the other side of the integration than the 7shifts people.

von 7shifts an 4.11.2019

Wow! Thanks so much for this amazing, detailed review Gerad. Our entire team really values your feedback and are thrilled to have the opportunity to work with you and your staff every day. We are working tirelessly to ensure that we are THE best labor management solutions for restaurants, so validation from our amazing users like yourself really drives home that we are on the right path. Also, thanks so much for the feedback on our Auto-Scheduler we are actively working on providing this functionality to more users like yourself and look forward to showing you what we are working on soon. Cheers!

7Shifts saved my company!

Bewertet am 4.10.2016
Emilee W.
Marketing & Events
Unterhaltung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I used to schedule my staff with an excel spreadsheet, screenshot and posted to a Facebook Forum. It was a madhouse trying to deal with shift swaps and reading the staff clockin/out cards to match their shifts. With a growing company this just wasn't gonna cut it anymore. 7shifts popped up in my personal Facebook feed and the rest is Kismet. The software has helped clean up so many of my payroll processes, allows my staff to switch shifts with only others of the same experience level or higher (so I ALWAYS have a manager on shift and not a hoard of brand new employees), helps my managers reach staff more easily, is so easy to understand that I haven't had to train the new staff on it and combined with the 7punches Clock-in/out software- I can relax knowing my staff can't clock in if they aren't on the schedule and my staff can breathe easily with the ability to calculate their paycheck in advance! The staff at 7shifts has always been extremely helpful and always welcoming for suggestions and updates. I can't imagine moving to any other system and am so glad I found it!

Vorteile: It is easy to understand, set up and the customer service is extraordinary!

Nachteile: I wish there were more manager capabilities in the mobile app, but the app has improved already since it was first launched, so I imagine it will only get better.

Lots of Bang for the Buck!

Bewertet am 21.4.2017
Tory M.
Assistant General Manager
Restaurants, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: 7Shifts has been a tremendous timesaver! We used to spend so much time transferring requests to our paper scheduling forms. Now we can just work directly in the app. Saves paper too! Our staff is incredibly happy we've made this technological leap. Takes some stress out of their already busy lives by being able to switch shifts online. It has also alleviated the issue of "misreading" their schedule. As managers, we love that we no longer have to hear that excuse. Ha ha! Managing overtime is incredibly easier on 7Shifts. Prior to the app, we relied on floor managers to make judgement calls regarding shift exchanges when senior managers weren't available. Labor considerations didn't get factored into decisions and we would run higher labor numbers. Now that fewer managers are part of the shift exchange decisions, we know that the appropriate factors are being implemented into the decision making. The floor managers appreciate not having the pressure of making a decision that could negatively impact a shift. Posting and editing schedules in real time also alleviates issues. We would have people switch shifts and then forget. Now it goes immediately into their schedule once approved. Confusion alleviated!!! We don't use the auto-fill option but find that manually scheduling is so much more efficient in the app than it was on paper. I also love that you accept requests for features/functions and compile them for consideration. The service has always been wonderfully friendly and fast. The tutorials are really helpful and well done. I can't say enough good things. Thank you for creating such a user friendly app. Makes our busy restaurant lives so much easier!

Vorteile: Easy to use
Great tutorials
Fast and friendly support staff
Efficiency for reviewing labor
Incredibly communication tool between staff and management
Consider suggestions for functions and features and notify you if they become implemented
Fair price for the power of the product

von 7shifts an 21.4.2017

Thanks for the great, in-depth review Tory. We're happy to hear that 7shifts is helping alleviate the classic "misreading the schedule" problem for Beaver Street Brewery. Cheers!

Literally changed my life

Bewertet am 4.11.2019
Ann P.
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: 7 Shifts helped reduce the stress on mangers who do the scheduling. Literally I would not make it out of the parking lot and I would start getting messages from staff about trading shifts , wanting time off etc. They can do most of this on the app. I do not have to carry a paper schedule with me everywhere I go. I do not have 3 or 4 copies of the schedule and all saying different things as they have not all been updated. It is all on my phone . I do not know if i can change the schedule from my phone . If you can I do not know how. Sometimes there are changes when I am out of the office that we cannot do on the app. I do take notes on this and update the schedule when I get to my computer. Not a big deal

Vorteile: How easy it is to use. It solved many of our scheduling issues.
Staff resolve many of the trades etc among themselves. The schedule is always up to-date. The schedule is always available on my phone. I can approve changes etc when I am not on site and the schedule is updated and everyone knows what is going on.

Nachteile: Sometimes the updates have caused some glitches. They are quickly resolved once 7 shifts is made aware. Because we are not a restaurant some of the features on it we do not need and show up all the time. It would be nice if there was a version without earnings profits etc. as we do not need all of that. We are a residential housing program for persons with disabilities and other then that it works really well for us.
the staff really like the freedom they have as well with the app.

von 7shifts an 5.11.2019

Thanks for the review Ann. We love hearing that 7shifts has changed your life for the better and alleviated many of the scheduling headaches that you used to experience. Cheers!

Great, just needs some tweaks.

Bewertet am 24.7.2019
Brianna C.
Assistant Manager
Einzelhandel, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Scheduling mistakes! I used collect employees' schedules and manually enter them into an availability table that I made on Excel. Then I would refer to that table as I made the schedule. The issues arose when employees would text me their availability or time off requests; those were easy to lose track of. This software puts the responsibility of accurate availability on the employee, it's great!

Vorteile: It saves time by allowing the employees to add their own availability, request time off, and switch shifts with each other. This software is a huge help and has solved scheduling problems and prevented some mistakes.

Nachteile: It only prints a week at a time, there is no condensed version to get a monthly schedule printed. The month-long format that they do have is horribly unorganized & does not print well. This isn't a big issue, it just uses up more paper and space than our previous scheduling method.
The absolute worst part about this software has to do with the roles that employees can be assigned: there is no "training" option under the roles that I created. This makes scheduling new employees very difficult. The work-around is tedious; remove their current roles, schedule them for the time they would train and write their role in the notes of that shift. This is inconvenient because it is difficult to track "unassigned" shifts. It would be great if there was a training option under each role so that when I run the report, I can track how many training shifts an employee has had.

von 7shifts an 25.7.2019

Hi Brianna,

Thanks so much for the review! We appreciate your positive feedback AND your constructive feedback, which we absolutely take to heart. I have broken down your feedback piece by piece and sent it along to our product team to analysis and consideration. We will also have a member of our team reach out to you to see if we can create a better experience for your workflow.

All the best!

Life with 7Shifts is all about the right communication with staff and managers

Bewertet am 14.11.2019
Chef steven P.
Owner / Director
Gastgewerbe, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have two other software suites that offer what 7shifts does included in the price, 2 other software suites and I still would rather use 7shifts because of how awesome it is. My 50k POS bundle and my staff management suite both offer this, and I could save the cost of 7shifts per year - but heck no.

Vorteile: - Very Short Learning Curve
- The App is very stable and accurate
- Our staff enjoy using the app and don't see it as a burden, but a convenience
- With our package, the app is feature-rich without bloat.
- Developers listen to the community and add value as often as possible.

Nachteile: As with any software development, some features that would be useful for you may take time if they are more niche use cases.

von 7shifts an 15.11.2019

Wow! Thanks for the amazing review Steven. I shared your review with the rest of our team, and it made our day to hear that 7shifts has provided you and your team with so much value. Knowing that you have chosen 7shifts over other tools you have available to you is a high honour and is what drives us to keep developing our products for restaurateurs like yourself. Please let us know how we can continue to raise the bar for you and make 7shifts an integral part of your operations.

7shifts was a game changer for us!

Bewertet am 24.7.2019
Ann S.
Director of Communications and Development
Restaurants, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We now have 4 restaurants/bars that utilize 7shifts and it's hard to imagine how we ever survived without it! It's streamlined our scheduling procedures and simplified the process of employees requesting off, submitting availability and swapping shifts. 7shifts customer service team is also extremely responsive and receptive any time we encounter an issue or even just want to provide our feedback on a certain feature that we think could be improved. We also now use the reporting tool for putting together high level labor tracking reports at the end of each month. Thanks, 7shifts, you're the best!

Vorteile: I love that everything is in one place so you don't have to worry about forgetting that someone sent an email or text message requesting off for a 2 week vacation 6 months ago (which is the system we previously had in place!)

Nachteile: I didn't like that you had to wait to enter employee raises until they were set to go into effect - although 7shifts has recently improved this feature so that you can set a specific date for an employee's new wage to begin!

von 7shifts an 29.7.2019

Thanks so much for the review Ann! It means a lot to our team that 7shifts has been able to help your growing business optimize (and report on!) your processes and continue to be successful. Cheers to you!

Excellent scheduling software!

Bewertet am 18.8.2018
Arpita O.
Admin
Restaurants, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I used to make schedules through Excel, and would have employees email time off requests and availability changes. This software makes everything so much easier. It is so easy to use - copy schedules from week to week, move around shifts, copy shifts, etc. This app made me like making the schedule! It's also employee-friendly - they can give up and pick up shifts, and manager can approve them. They can communicate with each other through chat. Phone numbers and emails are available, so employees can easily contact each other.

Vorteile: No glitches ever (previous app we used glitched and made errors to employees' schedules)
Budgeting tool
Ability to put in events
Color coding departments and jobs
Ability to print PDF schedule
Communication (chat and message options)
Employees can trade shifts
Availability and time off request features are perfect
Multiple locations allows you to use employees at different sites, but you can see in lighter color where they are already scheduled to work
Great value for the price
They keep making it better and will let you know when an update has been made

Nachteile: There's a minimal international fee charged monthly for 7Shifts. But that's all!

von 7shifts an 1.10.2018

Wow, wow, wow. Thanks for the kind words Arpita. We love hearing that you and your team are using every feature available in 7shifts to help Reggae Shack Cafe make scheduling less of a chore. Rock on!

Helpful and Easy to Use

Bewertet am 5.9.2019
Jayelynn W.
Essen & Trinken, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall, it's easy and convenient to use and cheaper than some of the similar apps.

Vorteile: You can work from the website or from the app which is convenient if you're bouncing between locations. On the website, I can preset shift times for faster scheduling. You can set multiple roles which is beneficial for staff that do multiple things. You can assign an hourly to each role as well, so you can see an approximation of your labor for the week.

Nachteile: Unfortunately, the preset shift times do not translate over to the app so you do have to manually do it which takes a little more time. Although I have my preference set to get push notifications for almost all the app features, they don't always come through.

von 7shifts an 6.9.2019

Thanks for the review Jayelynn! We appreciate your feedback and love hearing that 7shifts can help you keep your schedules straight from anywhere. I've passed along your request regarding preset shifts on the app to our mobile development team for further consideration. Thank you!

Daily recaps made easy

Bewertet am 2.9.2019
Elizabeth H.
Director of Operations
Gastgewerbe, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: With 7 shifts you not only have an easy, intuitive scheduling app that everyone can use at every level, but you also have a customizable manager log book to record the goings ons of events each day, along with POS integration!!! It's everything you need on one page. My schedule writing days are over but I still use the app to get daily recaps from all of my restaurants on the flow of service, 86'd items, sales, and employee progress. With the Manager Log book you can customize each section, add as many areas or as few as you want. We have a complete section for R&M, and another for 86'd items. Use the search function to manage and track all of those areas. Or Search an employees name for an easy way to find feedback for quarterly evalutions.

Nachteile: The weather on the manager log book can be a little jankey sometimes. And the Toast POS integration took a little while to set up and the labor % aren't always correct, but otherwise it's great.

von 7shifts an 3.9.2019

Thanks so much for the kind words Elizabeth! We are thrilled to hear that you are your team are finding so much value in the manager log book for your business. We can't wait to show you all the great enhancement with Engage that we will be releasing over the coming months, and look forward to your feedback. Cheers!

Best Scheduling Software for Restaurants

Bewertet am 2.6.2019
Daniel C.
Managing Partner
Restaurants, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have invested time and money into alot of different software for our restaurant - scheduling, inventory, marketing, ordering etc. No product or service has come close to the Value, Convenience, and Effectiveness of 7Shifts. Some apps are overpriced, bulky, actually add more time and effort to your work week, not this one. From day one I have been throughly impressed with how well designed, engineered, executed, and supported this software is. We had a big name schedule software before 7Shifts, but it came with a big price tag and big headaches. I promise you, 7Shifts will make your life much easier, and improve the way you schedule and communicate with your staff. You can't go wrong with this software - it's built to be the best in the business, and it's second to none.

Vorteile: Very Easy to Learn and Use
Excellent Features You and Your Employees will love
Great Value, Inexpensive, Time-Saving
Outstanding Support Team
Constantly Innovating and Improving

Nachteile: 2+ Years in and No Negatives. Like I said it's the best software of it's kind, custom built for the restaurant industry.

von 7shifts an 5.6.2019

Thanks for the kind words Daniel! We absolutely love working with you and the rest of your team at Carr's Steakhouse and looking forward to helping your business for years to come :)

7shifts, not just for scheduling

Bewertet am 28.3.2019
Heather M.
Co-Owner
Restaurants, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have found that using 7shifts significantly decreases the number of errors surrounding scheduling and requested time off which is priceless in a labor market like this. furthermore, the time and energy spent on writing the schedule is much lower than when we used a homemade spreadsheet.

Vorteile: 7shifts makes scheduling easy with a copy to next week feature that allows scheduler to mimic previous weeks schedules. the repeating schedule feature makes scheduling kinder - allowing staff to set a weekly schedule of availability. the chat and announcements feature lets communication flow without messier emails and texts. the app-based time off submissions really simplify and streamline a formerly archaic system that was easy to screw up with paper notes, emails, calendars, notebooks. the shift pool empowers staff to make last minute changes to their schedules or pick up extra work.

Nachteile: there's a lot of neat features that you have to pay extra for like an events calendar and labor to sales based scheduling.

von 7shifts an 1.4.2019

Amazing! Thanks so much for the review Heather. We are happy to hear that 7shifts is proving beneficial to your team at State Park, especially in a tight labor market. Please do not hesitate to reach out if there is ever anything we can do to help support you or your team.

Has all the tools you could need

Bewertet am 1.5.2019
Sara jane M.
Pastry Chef
Essen & Trinken, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I get updates/push notifications from 7 shifts every week when my schedule is published, as well as updates from my managers and corporate offices. I also sometimes use it to make work life easier. Really glad to have this piece of software I thought I'd never use. Very good for the restaurant industry and hourly positions.

Vorteile: It's a really nice layout, it has thought of just about everything you could possibly need to use the software for. I have personally found it very useful for looking up the contact information of my coworkers and keeping track of request off time. For people like servers who constantly drop/add/trade shifts with other people, there is a useful feature to do that as well.

Nachteile: It logged me out when I changed phones, don't think that's necessary to protect information on this kind of app, but was easy to recover password. Overall a very minor con.

von 7shifts an 2.5.2019

Thanks for the review Sara! We're happy to hear that 7shifts has everything you need to make your work life easier. We really appreciate your detailed feedback and if there is every anything we can improve upon in the future, please just reach out to our team any time. Cheers!

Excellent tool that goes far beyond scheduling.

Bewertet am 30.10.2018
Shannon S.
Chef/owner
Restaurants, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: 7shifts ties together many organizational tools that has improved communication in our restaurant immensely. We make fewer scheduling errors, our staff can easily contact managers and coworkers through the messaging feature, amendments to the schedule keep everyone in the loop with notifications and the manager log book helps us stay on top of issues and address them quickly and effectively. I originally decided to try the software because I thought it would save time and keep our BOH and FOH schedules cohesive. It pays for the time it saves and adds much more value with all of the additional features. Don’t hesitate to give it a try!

Vorteile: Our supervisors use the manager logbook and it has been extremely helpful in keeping everyone up to speed on daily operations, issues and ideas. We act much quicker when addressing problems with staff and maintenance, and reduce the distortion of facts when compared to transferring information along a chain of conversations. This is a valuable feature not to be overlooked.

Nachteile: Some of our staff members have been experiencing freezing and glitching in the app. Some staff are resistant to change and there was a lengthy transition time to get everyone on board. Now that it’s in place almost every new employee loves the interface and is eager to sign up.

von 7shifts an 2.11.2018

Amazing! Thanks so much for the fantastic, detailed review Shannon. We're thrilled to hear that 7shifts is providing your team with so much value. We looking forward to making 7shifts even more indispensable in the future :)

Beamer’s Coffee Bar

Bewertet am 17.1.2019
Michael B.
Gastgewerbe, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Watching our sales correspond with the labour reports from 7Shifts has been a game changer. The mobile app makes it so easy to see as an owner where you need your staffing levels to be each day, but it also records history so you can go back and see what your sales and labour with even a weather report from a year ago that day. Also the 7Punch system has made it real easy for our staff to clock in and out. Keeps it simple and easy to use.

Vorteile: The integration of 7Shifts labour reports to our POS TouchBistro sales reports has been the perfect marriage. The interface of 7Shifts software has been easy to understand and use with admin, managers and staff levels.

Nachteile: Not much to say here because when moving over from another employee staffing company you quickly see the difference and benefits that 7Shifts has to offer you.

von 7shifts an 18.1.2019

Thanks for the outstanding review Michael! Our team has loved working with you and your team and we're SO excited to hear about the value that 7shifts and TouchBistro together are bringing to your business. We look forward to working with you and helping your business grow for years to come. Cheers!

Our old way was an Excel spreadsheet......

Bewertet am 27.9.2018
Lynn L.
Restaurants, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I can't imagine going back to the old way of doing things! When I've had questions or suggestions the 7shifts team has been prompt to respond and follow up.

Vorteile: Saves so much time over our old way of using an excel spreadsheet and having to keep track of paper time-off requests. Very easy to start using right away and great advanced features to use once you get into using the software! It was always a headache keeping track of vacation requests and changing availabilities - but now the computer flags them immediately. Employees feel more in control being able to electronically submit days-off requests and availability. Employees are easily able to see who's working or not in order to get their shifts covered/switched. Setting up shift templates and having the computer fill out the schedule according to employee availability is awesome. Employees being able to instantly see schedule and changes when they are made is great!

Nachteile: I'll never go back to excel for scheduling if that counts as a con?

von 7shifts an 1.10.2018

Lynn, hearing that you will never go back to Excel again is the highest praise we can review. Thanks so much for the great review!

A Must Have for Scheduling

Bewertet am 28.10.2019
Jason E.
Restaurants, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have been a fan of 7Shifts for the last 3.5 years since we switched over from doing excel spreadsheets. Its very simple and easy to learn/teach to new and upcoming supervisors or managers who have never done scheduling before. It has saved so much personal and labour time for my employee's to allow us to actually get real, hands on work completed.

Vorteile: It's very easy to use, A huge time save for any manager/supervisor, visually displays all pertinent info you want to see, Shows real time data from sales to help monitor labour %age, great future forecasting.

Nachteile: There's a few button interactions that don't quite function as you might expect but they are constantly updating items for smoother flow.

If they don't have what you're looking for, they will help you find it.

Bewertet am 27.9.2018
Business Manager
Essen & Trinken, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Before, we were using one service for our schedule-making, one for clocking employees in and out, one for payroll, etc., etc., etc. It's great to be able to simplify!

Vorteile: The number of features under the 7shifts umbrella is quite impressive when compared to their competitors. As a busy manager, it's very helpful to have one resource to do my scheduling, clock-ins and -outs, employee messaging, etc. Furthermore, if they don't have a feature I am looking for, their customer service chat is very helpful. I can be talking to a 7shifts representative in seconds about my ideas for easier use. I have even noticed that they have added a couple of these features.

Nachteile: We are a unique business, in that we are open 24/7. This service certainly functions well for us, with a few work arounds. However, it would be nice if they expanded their features to cater to different types of restaurants.

von 7shifts an 1.10.2018

Thanks for the review! We pride ourselves on delivering top-notch service, so we are excited to hear that your team has found it fast and effective. We're always looking to improve our app, so any time you have an idea for an improvement just reach out to us ¿ we want to hear it :)

FINALLY one that works!

Bewertet am 5.10.2016
Tricia N.
Restaurants, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We jumped into online scheduling three years ago with Hotschedules. Good concept but it didn't function as promised and no one could help you. NOT THE CASE with 7shifts!! This system does exactly what it says it will & they are consisting upgrading and making it better. They are on the other end of the phone when you have questions. They are open to your suggestions. They are helpful and nice!! Customer service means everything to me because it is what I do. My expectations are high and these guys deliver!! The functionality is fantastic. It is not too complicated, the reports aren't overkill, great organization of features and the staff loves it. It is easy for them to operate as well. The ap for their phone is free. Just awesome all around. It is definitely worth every penny!!!! Our restaurant is part of a group of four. They are all their own entity with different concepts, employees and managers. But we need to be able to work together still and 7shifts worked directly with us to make it work for us.

Vorteile: Ease of use by staff. They have no troubles giving away a shift or picking one up. Putting in their availability is a breeze. It's just not complicated or time consuming so my staff is actually using it!

Nachteile: Odd to me that I can respond to some things directly by responding to a notification email or text but other things I cannot. For instance, availability vs. a shift pick up.

Scheduling Made Easy

Bewertet am 29.8.2019
Kumar P.
Immobilien, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: 7shifts is one of several scheduling software options that allows you to have transparency in calculating hours and costs. It's a strong communication tool to send out information in addition to creating schedules for employees. The setup is easy, maintenance is seamless, and the visibility into costs is very helpful in making decisions.

Nachteile: 7shifts makes communication too easy, something that can be abused by both management and the team. When people can chat too easily, they will often abuse the system--something that was avoidable in the pen and paper days.

von 7shifts an 30.8.2019

Thanks for the review Kumar! We are happy to hear that you find 7shifts a great tool for helping to manage your labor costs, budgeting, and communications. And that is great feedback regarding our chat functionality I will make sure a member of our team follows up with you to show you how you can set it up to remove the 'noise' from your team. All the best!

It works.

Bewertet am 29.11.2018
Ryan C.
Franchisee and Owner
Restaurants, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Working with the app has been awesome. Never had a problem. When something works well you should rarely need support. But there's been a few times I've asked a question on how to do something and they were super responsive and cool.

Vorteile: Its turn key. When opening a restaurant nothing is turn key. Once you set it up..It works 100% like it's supposed to. Communication/announcements. When there s a problem from the day before I can segment that based on position. No need to hit the FOH with a lesson that's only applicable to the BOH. This allows that.

Nachteile: Its really hard to find something I don't like. I really have no complaints. But I think a good feature to add: historic sales inputs- for the labor %- to continue the next week automatically.

von 7shifts an 5.12.2018

Thanks for the review Ryan! We love hearing that our client success team has been able to help you out so quickly. It's what drives them to always provide top-notch service!

We love using 7shifts

Bewertet am 8.11.2019
Pamela H.
Gastgewerbe, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We love using 7shifts and will continue to use it. It's very user friendly which helps with training new managers to use it and new staff can use it without any training at all.

Vorteile: All of our staff schedules are in one place (we have 2 locations plus offsite locations).
Ease of use - staff can access it on an app, staff can enter their availability easily, access their schedules easily. Our managers can create schedules really easily and quickly.
We can send messages to staff quickly that can send as a text or email.

Nachteile: I don't use it on a daily basis, so I can't comment on that. I would like to see integration with other software - payroll or event software if possible in the future

von 7shifts an 11.11.2019

Thanks for the review Pamela! Just wanted to let you know that we now DO offer a variety of payroll integrations for your team. You can check them out here: https://www.7shifts.com/integrated-partners

I've also passed along your information to our client success team so they can reach out to you and help get this setup. Cheers!

Less time scheduling, more time where I'm needed!

Bewertet am 30.10.2018
Steve S.
Restaurants, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Like I mentioned above in my title and in the 'pros', so much less time dealing with my old Excel spreadsheet ....... schedules are done in a matter of minutes, and less mistakes with availabilities and time off requests.

Vorteile: I love how easy it is to make weekly schedules. From just copying them week to week, to easily changing a shift when an employees availability is not there, to keeping track of days off needed....... less to worry about! Also, NO MORE EXCEL SHEETS!! No more creating the following week, fixing a cell calculation that got changed, no more adding up all employee hours individually! Just add in 7punches, and all that is taken care of for you! Just close a payroll period, download the excel file and print. Simple. OH, and I forgot to mention the app!! Wonderful, and great updates happening!

Nachteile: Honestly, it works great. I can't complain. Money well spent!

von 7shifts an 2.11.2018

Wow, thanks for the kind words Steve. We love hearing when we can help our clients get our of "Excel Hell" Let us know if there is anything we can ever do for you and your team!

Empowering Staff Through Scheduling

Bewertet am 9.5.2019
Arthur J.
Chef
Gastgewerbe, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I started off with 7 shifts as a way of creating a simple digital schedule for my remote production facility staff that also executed offsite markets and events. Later, 7 shifts empowered me to take over the manual scheduling system that was in place at my full service Pub location which empowered my staff to be able to take control of their scheduling needs at their convenience.

Vorteile: Cloud based desktop and mobile app interface that empowers staff to build and maintain schedule and to be able to communicate with each other about scheduling needs and events.

Nachteile: there is not anything significant that I like least about the software to note.

von 7shifts an 10.5.2019

Thanks so much for the review Arthur! We really appreciate the feedback of long-time users like yourself and we are genuinely excited to hear about the empowerment that 7shifts provides to your staff. Please let us know if there is ever anything we can do to ensure that 7shifts remains your top choice for scheduling and communication.

Better than its competitors. The most user friendly scheduling software you will find. Saves TIME!

Bewertet am 31.8.2016
Andy L.
Director of Operations
Essen & Trinken, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We used to use a MS Excel spreadsheet that calculated labor and flagged overtime. The problem was the ability to "Break" it by accidentally hitting the wrong key. Any schedule maker who wasn't a MS Excel wiz would then have trouble "Fixing" the schedule. This led to me vetting various scheduling software to find something more user friendly than MS Excel. We tried plenty of them, but 7Shifts stood head and shoulders above the rest.

Vorteile: It takes the excuse-making out of the scheduling process by keeping the schedule makers organized, informed, and on top of everything. Employee involvement makes the schedule maker's job much easier as well. The user friendliness is far superior to any other software. The iPhone/Android app is seamless and takes only a few minutes to grasp in its entirety. Lastly, if/when we have an issue to resolve, the customer service reps do an outstanding job of being available, friendly, and knowledgeable.

Nachteile: Occasional bugs...but customer service embraces the reporting of any issues because they want the software to be as good as possible.