For the money they need to do much, much better

Bewertet am 6.5.2019
John a. H.
General Manager
Maritime Wirtschaft, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Over the years I have gotten to know a lot of the folks out in Utah, many are still there some are gone. They try, but they need to get out of the building and go out and see how a busy dealership really works. And, most of all they need to make fixes, updates and changes faster. It takes them years to fix simple things. And, they have become GREEDY as hell, they are way too expensive and getting worse. If I could find a more reasonably priced application I will be gone soon.

Vorteile: Back what I was first looking for a complete Marine Dealership package they were the best I found, I have not looked since 2002. Right now I still like their Repair Order module, as well as their Parts handling. I don't personally work much with their Boat Sales module, but I don't get any complaints about it.

Nachteile: They have just missed to many little things, and cannot seem to make changes in any kind of decent time frame. They also do not have simple utilities for canceling or editing data. Everything you need to change has a time consuming "Back out" routine, their is no simple "Delete" They do not give the end user enough control over what fields display on the initial screens, and who ever designed the rental module has no clue regarding renting storage space, only things like boats or PWC's.

Industry Fit

Bewertet am 22.8.2018
George K.
Project Manager/Business Development
Maschinerie, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We couldn't handle a dealership with daily activities this large without a program like CDK/PFW. When we last upgraded the software and added additional branches we compared to the industry competitor in our brand, and this was over less expensive over the coming 5 years.

Vorteile: The CDK/PFW software is rather good for the Agricultural/Turf dealer. We're using it SAS and uptime is usually pretty good. They have spent time integrating to our OEM manufacturer. That helps. There are many module/features that help monitor and run the dealership, and there are others that while they exist we are not taking advantage of.

Nachteile: Their support staff seldom have worked in a dealership and don't understand that day to day frustrations and time constraints we work with. While they are upgrading the software they have chosen to upgrade the user interface screens and our people in all locations don't like the new interface. The functionality is still there, but just not as easy to get to things we're used to, and that takes up more time.

I utilized CDK global for both marketing and website services.

Bewertet am 13.6.2018
Nathan H.
BDC Coordinator

Vorteile: For websites, I enjoy that my dealership was able to join national OEM promotions with ease. For marketing I enjoyed being able to have one company know my specials for both print/digital as well as web so my offers didn't conflict with each other. Customers saw the same specials where they looked.

Nachteile: CDK was formerly ADP so there was some changes in personnel along the way. I'm certain that wouldn't be an issue for those looking to use CDK now. Besides that, in some instances marking decline Services has changed causing training of staff. Again, this was mostly an issue for those who used previous versions of product. Overall, I still prefer CDK over many others.

Had this software for @ 2 years, and they don't know rental. Support tries/development is terrible

Bewertet am 18.1.2018
Vicki D.
Maschinerie, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: when selling large equipment there is a margin worksheet feature that the team seems to like. They shouldn't have sold us the software, and we tried hard to get them to be straight. They promised and promised things. I have a spreadsheet of things they promised, and they have done 3 of them. They don't communicate regularly, except people who are just support smoozers. They are currently offering a "Rental Summit" of some kind in Canada, but they don't know rental. I have offered to talk to the developers about "how" something should flow - but they never discuss what we want the system to do. This was a terrible mistake. We have 190 employees - and a number of them have said they want to leave because of this software. They stay because they are good / loyal employees and want to help us through this - and they probably are hoping I will replace the system, which I am close to doing. The most recent problem we've had is they are double crediting customers with refunds because their system doesn't stop it - they are saying it is working properly..... if you do a lot of rentals don't buy this software. If you operate a large equipment dealership ONLY, i think it is a good system. \

Vorteile: accounts payable is the only person who likes it better than our last 2 systems - the parts system is workable, and will store non-stocked files that will pull in when added to an order - the part will include pricing so the guys don't have to look it up each time. They have a good check reconciliation system.

Nachteile: The rental system. There are NO aspects that work like any other system I've ever used. It cannot do math; there is no deposit feature, so if you want a deposit in addition the the rental you have to remember to "take it off" before you close a contract. Non serialized items are a mystery to them. They are only able to handle large equipment / equipment with individual stock numbers. Transferring is a nightmare. Reservations cannot be made for more than the number of items you own, so no multiple future reservations.

A Robust System

Bewertet am 18.12.2018
Implementation Manager
Automotive, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I use CDK Global on a weekly basis to support my customers, and I have found that it is the most user friendly tool out of its competition.

Vorteile: I specifically like case management section in DealerSuite, I can quickly search all of my open cases by a specific date range, or just all of my cases since I started using the software. Additionally, once you click on a case to review it, CDK does a great job of neatly organizing the case notes in a manner that creates a simple environment that is easy to read. Their support is extremely helpful and everyone I have worked with their truly seems to want to help resolve your issue, and also recommend more efficient ways at tackling tasks in the system.

Nachteile: The only difficulty I have with this software is that it is only accessible via Internet Explorer. As an employee of a company that uses Mac products exclusively, this presents a large problem as Internet Explorer is not available to Mac users, so I have to use a 3rd party application that runs through Chrome and immitates IE. I would have no complaints whatsoever if CDK was able to make their software usable on Chrome!

Good luck if you need support

Bewertet am 17.7.2018
Business Development Center Manager
Automotive, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: The ability to send out an email campaign is great. I have used other CRM programs and they don't come close. From an email marketing standpoint CDK is great.

Nachteile: Support is horrible. They shouldn't even bother having support for the CRM. Ex. there is something wrong with our internet reps sending emails through the CRM. It is saying the email address is invalid. It isn't because we have emailed back and forth with the customer using the same email address. Supports response was just ask for a different email address. Nothing like inconveniencing the customer when they are looking to purchase a vehicle...

Solid option, not perfect

Bewertet am 14.9.2019
Steve D.
Controller
Einzelhandel, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We've used CDK global for 15 years. It gives our dealership a solid option with inventory, accounting, payroll, etc. I've found it to be somewhat flexible, but has it's limitations within all segments of the software. I love that it can feed to most online directories. I love the CRM option as well, but you have to pay for it.

Vorteile: This program/company is obviously a long time, solid option for dealerships. Great support, easy to call and get help.

Nachteile: I want all programs to work like Windows and the developers didn't do that. It does have good functionality, but still has a long way to go. I get a LOT of error messages.

Good company but better out there

Bewertet am 4.12.2018
Justin F.
Automotive, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Good overall company. If you have to use them, you'll be ok but in today's age, I think there are better options.

Vorteile: We used CDK for our Chevy and Nissan websites. Support was really good but the products lacked some options and since they came up with the next Gen sites, it takes longer to update them imo.

Nachteile: Lacking some easy software for faster editing. Also I think they use to price much higher for some of there products than others. I think they now try and get more inline.

Website Review

Bewertet am 19.12.2018
Susan H.
BDC Manager
Automotive, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: This product runs smooth when you have the reps behind you to help suggest and offer ideas. I have had great pro care advocates and some so so advocates. It is easy to use and they have been creating you tube videos to help you create and manage it better on your own.

Nachteile: I only dislike it when I have a case out there for multiple days without any help to get it resolved.

Software support is slow

Bewertet am 11.3.2018
Doug D.
Inventory MGR

Vorteile: Not really fond of CDK Global. The system works well when it works. Stocking in new vehicles is straight forward, writing repair orders is easy but with any system you need to understand you repair codes.

Nachteile: Biggest complaint about CDK is they require you to send in a support request by email. No phone number for an individual to call. Its like the are afraid to talk on the phone.

Have most everything but limited in innovation

Bewertet am 14.7.2018
Halston S.
Internet Sales Manager

Kommentare: it does the job just not as well as I'd always like

Vorteile: Can be a one stop shop when it comes to everything you might need for dealer software and hardware.

Nachteile: They seem to have grown to a size due to their partnership with GM that innovation and quality service is no longer the number one priority. It can be difficult to customize programs and seamlessly move through each step of your processes.

Best of breed in Delaer Solutions

Bewertet am 22.8.2017
Guy W.
IT Director
Automotive, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: it does a very good job of running our system, and in the works of my old boss " alll the DMS providers are cooks, but CDK is still the best of them"

Vorteile: Ease of operation and administration. people pick up on how to use the system very quickly. could not function without my CAMS

Nachteile: sometimes service leaves a lot to be desired. they have fewer field service technicians than ever before and have no plans to fix it.

CDK is the heartbeat of our dealership through a lot of products.

Bewertet am 18.6.2018
Digital Marketing Manager
Automotive, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Organized streamlined assistance to running your dealership

Vorteile: I like how they supply us with tools for every aspect of the dealership; from accounting, to reporting, to stocking in vehicles, to websites, to inventory and so on.

Nachteile: The wait time on hold is frustrating, however when I call for cobalt issues the wait time is much more reasonable!

Great OEM site

Bewertet am 7.6.2017
Jason B.
Internet Director

Vorteile: They have top notch customer service. If we need anything done they're on top of it and have the task completed normally with in 24 to 48 hours

Nachteile: We used to have a lot more control of what we could add to our website. I dont know if the OEM made some changes but it a lot harder to use now but thats why they have an awesome tech support line.

Easy to use

Bewertet am 16.5.2018
Shane W.
Service Manager
Automotive

Kommentare: East to multi task and has great report generator.

Vorteile: I love that you can switch easily from task to task. When constantly multitasking it makes it easy to move from one item to another.

Nachteile: The only concern is you have to pay for any kind of changes that you have to make to forms. It just seems like every little thing is an extra charge.

We use CDK for both CRM and website hosting

Bewertet am 27.6.2017
Halston S.
Automotive, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It helps provide both CRM and website hosting and building for our business

Vorteile: It is a very simple and relatively easy to use tool. From a website standpoint the backend tool gives great flexibility and real time ability to make changes

Nachteile: The CRM is extremely basic with its capabilities which limits what you can do compared to all its competitors.

Using CDK daily has made my life much easier.

Bewertet am 6.2.2018
Sandra P.
Corp. Systems Trainer

Vorteile: What I really like about CDK is the functionality of the system and all the many things you can do within CDK.

Nachteile: What I like least about CDK is that occasionally the system goes down or is very slow but typically, this type of thing is resolved rather quickly and we are back up and running again.

CDK GLOBAL REVIEW

Bewertet am 4.10.2018
Bonny M.
Accounts Receivables
Automotive, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: SO FAR THIS IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE SOFTWARES TO USE. GREAT FOR THE AUTOMOTIVE INDUSTRY.

Vorteile: EASE OF USE, I LIKE HOW THE SCREENS ARE DISPLAYED. ABLE TO E-MAIL INVOICES FROM THE SOFTWARE WITHOUT PRINTING THEM FIRST.

Nachteile: SOMETIMES THE DIFFERENT SCREENS FREEZE ON YOU AND YOU HAVE TO SHUT DOWN AND REOPEN.

We have to use it, but if we had better options, we would leave them

Bewertet am 6.12.2016
Hillary T.
Automotive, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: CDK offers a lot of customization, but not an ease of use. There are also SEVERAL restrictions on the site that make it difficult for us to build up our website the way we want to.

Vorteile: It does what it is supposed to do and it's pretty customize-able.

Nachteile: Several restrictions, poor customer service.

Best of the Automated DMS solutions

Bewertet am 3.11.2018
Deployment Specialist
Automotive, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall experience is good. Support at times can be skeptical depending on what support center you reach.
Best of the Automated DMS solutions, even though choices are slim.

Vorteile: -Plenty of features
-Integration struggles aren't too hefty
-DMS able to integrate across multiple CRM platforms
-Company keeps up with technology
-Ability to archive Historical data

Nachteile: -Inability or limited ability to navigate backside platforms
-Price point is a bit high; Automated DMS tends to be with all companies
-lack of certain certifications for various programs
-Inability to house video and photos URLs for Vehicle Inventory

Would not use if there was a choice

Bewertet am 15.10.2018
Product & Partnerships
Automotive, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: CDK is mandated by a parent company so there is not much choice when it comes to alternatives.

Nachteile: Bloated, cumbersome, limited these are the words that come to mind for CDK. Every element has room for improvement.

Horrible Support & Behind The Time

Bewertet am 6.3.2019
Allison F.
Marketing/IT Director
Automotive, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall, all of CDK's products are lacking innovation and ease of use. Support is also an extremely huge issue for this company and they will lose clients if they do not start changing they way they do things.

Vorteile: Honestly, there is not much I like about this software. The analytics dashboard is probably the only item I do not have complaints about.

Nachteile: The websites are glitchy and slow. The are not very compatible with a mobile layout, the dashboard is not easy to navigate or use to make changes, the support department is terribly slow and unhelpful and he marketing is a joke. We have been paying for display ads that lead to a broken 404 page!! When I brought it to their attention everyone I spoke with had no idea about it. This software is so behind the times and is no where near competitive with the other options, that I cannot wait until GM gives dealers more options so that I can switch.

Best company by far for many products!

Bewertet am 10.1.2019
Debra F.
Internet Manager
Automotive, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: They have so many things that we utilize in the Auto Industry, and they are by far one of the best!

Nachteile: There is nothing not to like about CDK Global

Excellent program

Bewertet am 26.3.2019
Melissa W.
Service Cashier
Automotive, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I like that CDK is very easy to use and pretty self explanatory when using the software

Nachteile: There is nothing that I dislike about this software

Good Product

Bewertet am 8.2.2018
Service scheduler
Automotive, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Once the system Is learned it was easy to navigate. There was a lot of features and different options.

Nachteile: The software Is very difficult to learn. It takes a lot of time and practice to be able to navigate because there are so many different screens and options.