Über Nearpod

Nearpod ist ein kollaboratives Präsentationstool, mit dem Lehrkräfte Lernende motivieren und ihre Daten über mobile Geräte bewerten können.

Erfahre mehr über Nearpod

Bewertungen zu Nearpod

Nearpod hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,7 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 161 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Nearpod bereits verwendet?

Jessica
Jessica
K-12 Curriculum Director in USA

Focused Lessons Providing Immediate Student Data

Kommentare: As a teacher, I loved using Nearpod for engaging student learning experiences. My students enjoyed the variety of activities we could complete together as a class, and no one fell behind during the lesson. As an administrator, I also use Nearpod to keep staff on the same page as I introduce professional development materials.

I most enjoy Nearpod's customizable lesson platform. A teacher can include assessments, polls, virtual field trips, and even links to outside sources throughout their lesson. Nearpod's ability to keep every student on the same slide at the same time is also powerful for classroom management.

The only negative aspect of Nearpod is that not all of the features are free. I wish I was able to utilize all the site's function's without having to pay, but I do feel that Nearpod is worth paying for.

Bildungsmanagement, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Nearpod for Education

Kommentare: I love the "time to climb" aspect when I am teaching a live lesson. Students visually can see their progress and this motivates them to continue.

I like the funcionality of nearpod in allowing the creation an sharing of a lesson in a fun format. With Nearpod, I can import a lesson that I have already created in Google slides, power point or I can create them through nearpod. I can embed a virtual field trip, musical links and audio files throughout my created lesson. As I am giving a live lesson, each student sees my annotations and discovers for themselves the lesson, as it allows themm to individually work through an assignment.

Nearpod does not make it easy for me to see what my students are doing all at the same time. It does not let me see the notes that they took.

Miranda
Librarian in USA

Not for me

Kommentare: Overall, I found Nearpod very challenging to use. While there are plenty of examples and use cases, this tool simply doesn't have the ROI for me to continue using.

Nearpod offers a pleathora of features and options to make learning engaging for it's users (students for example).

Personally, I found it very challenging to use. The amount of time needed to invest in creating and inputing content was not worth the return.

Heather

Incredible Teaching Tool

What I love about Nearpod is the extensive library of lessons and activities for students. I also like that Nearpod had the extension for google slides to take existing PowerPoint and import them to Nearpod to make them more interactive.

The lessons can be isolated and don’t always build as a curriculum would, but it’s a great supplemental resources.

Hope
Instructional Technology Coach in USA

Bringing Engagement Back to the Classroom and PD

Kommentare: Nearpod is an educational technology company that puts educators and students first. They continually improve their product and understand today's school and classroom.

Nearpod is a must-have tool for educators. It is engaging and has students interacting with their education. Nearpod has a free version that contains a lot of features but also has a paid version. Nearpod has so many different ways to make lessons interactive. They also have an extensive library of well-developed lessons and they keep up to date with current events. Nearpod is at the top of my ed tech tools list.

The free version is limiting, but it still offers a lot. Sometimes the new and amazing updates are delayed on the app, but work on the web.

Elias
Elias
Consultant in Mexiko
Unternehmensberatung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Nearpod

Kommentare: I can execute better my lesson plans and reach the learning goals that I set at the beggining of the term

In these times when students have too many distractors and consume too many information, I found that Nearpod allows me to center the students attention and participation in an easy and fun way. It also allows me to execute my lesson plan more accurately in terms of the learning process goals and objectives. The platform is easy to use for both, teachers and students.

I don´t find any cons at this moment. I rather say that it is in constantly development

Lisa
Director of Educational Technology in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

My new favorite distance learning tools!

Kommentare: We had more teachers use this service than any other offered because they said it was very user friendly and it gave them great immediate feedback on student progress.

I am the director of educational technology at a school that recently shifted to virtual learning. We gave our teachers several lesson delivery/classroom management services to try out and this was their favorite. Nearpod has a great resource library with lots of great videos and lesson content. You also can track everything about how a student engages with the content you post.

I am curious how expensive it is going to be. The service is free right now because of COVID-19 but we will definitely need to invest in it next year.

Instructional Technology Facilitator in USA
Bildungsmanagement

Middle school science teacher for 5 years; Instructional Technology Facilitator for 2 hears

Nearpod is a high-quality, user-friendly, reliable presentation program that could be a valuable asset in every teachers classroom. There is a fee, but it's definitely worth the investment individually or at the school-wide level. For starters, it's easy to create slide decks, but what's amazing is that these presentations can be pushed to student devices or phones instantly and with ease. Students can then follow along and interact with the instructor. Other types of presentations can easily be converted and used within NearPod, too, so you don't have to reinvent good material. Just upload and begin pushing to students with ease. Next, audio and video files can be dropped in to decks which enables students to interact with the multimedia individually or in groups. Beyond that, and perhaps my favorite feature is the ability to collect real-time feedback from students through a wide variety of question types/formats. This enables the presenter to pace the lesson appropriately, follow-up with anyone who may be struggling, or engage students in conversation or clarifications based on the feedback. Next, NearPod has a database of phenomenal content available to educators. Large amounts are free. Some of the content even offers VR360 opportunities for students who are using capable devices. Last, I just appreciate that they are committed to improving their product - always taking steps forward, listening to user concerns, offering loudly support, and advancing.

It would be great if they could add on some sort of homework feature for students who may not have access to WiFi. I know they are exploring several potentials here, and I think they'll figure out a solution, but this would be helpful for flipping the classroom in Title One environments.

Instructional Technology Facilitator in USA

Big fan of Nearpod for Education

Kommentare: All in all, I'm a big fan. I recommend it in the classroom and strongly suggest teachers explore using it. You must be in one-to-one setting.

I'm a big fan of Nearpod when giving presentations. Here are the pros I see: - Allows students to become active participants in their education. Presenting instructional content is engaging with Nearpod, not just a one-way conversation. - You have the ability to check for understanding with built-in questions. - They have a ton of free resources that are great. - Real-time assessment/feedback. - They've even offered VR field trips that you can take your students on. - It's easy to learn how to use it, navigate, and build presentations. - You can also easily upload presentations from other platforms.

While I feel that the pros outweigh the cons, here are some problems I see: - It is completely based on your wifi. If you have a weak internet, then Nearpod will be slow and lagging. If you add a lot of students to a presentation, it can also significantly slow down. (Although I realize that this is not necessarily Nearpod's fault - it is worth noting.) - Even though you can check for understanding in real-time, you cannot do so anonymously. It would be nice if you can anonymously assess students from time-to-time. - The subscription is steep - some may think it's worth it and the features are great, but it comes with a price that is a bit much. - The coolness factor will eventually wear off with students.

Angela
Angela
Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Provides Effective Interactive Lessons

Kommentare: Nearpod has been a very useful tool for presenting material and evaluating student performance. It is simple to use and has functionality that has enhanced my classroom instruction.

Nearpod allows me to upload my slideshows seamlessly to the platform. It allows "real-time" checking for understanding for my students to alleviate misconceptions immediately. The feature for assigning the presentation as homework is also useful for absent students. In addition, the ability to add voice to the lessons really enhances the comprehension of the material for my students.

It is difficult to grade the results of the students' responses because the software does not notify you when a student has submitted an assignment nor does it upload to learning management systems. When a student submits an assignment late, I do not know evaluate their performance and post their results in the electronic gradebook.

Shana
ESL Teacher in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

The perfect tool for asynchronous work and differentiation

Kommentare: Nearpod has been an incredible addition to my self-contained English as a Second Language classroom. My new to country students are emergent in their language and literacy skills, but are able to navigate Nearpod easily after only a few tutorial sessions. It has made a huge difference in what work I can provide for them to do during independent work time while I meet with small groups. Seriously, this is an instructional game changer. I was lucky enough to have a small class size that allowed us to be 1:1 for devices, but this would have worked by staggering online and offline activities as well.

Nearpod is an incredibly easy to navigate platform. The interface with Google Slides is seamless and allows for greater creativity in building slide decks for instruction. It has a variety of student response types (matching, drawing, multiple choice, short answer, etc.) and they are adding features on a regular basis. This program is especially helpful for providing the same instruction at asynchronous times (student-paced option) or for guiding synchronous lessons across devices (live lesson option). Reports let you know who logged in to the lesson as well as what their responses were to various prompts. There are a wealth of lessons in the lesson library that you can launch as is or modify to fit your instructional needs. Because students are able to work through it independently, you can use Nearpod as an independent work station and have students logged into remediation, practice, or enrichment lessons simultaneously. Because you can record audio over slides as well as within question prompts, this is an excellent tool to differentiate for students who need accommodations and who are emergent in their literacy skills. Nearpod also works as an excellent tool for delivering professional development as you can record audio over slides, embed videos, and link to outside sources.

Audio recording is only available through lessons created within Nearpod (cannot be imported through Google Slides extension), but I'm sure this is something that will be modified in future updates.

JOYBELLE
Student in Philippinen
Bildungsmanagement, Selbstständig

Interacting Platform for Online Learning

Kommentare: Nearpod has made my life a lot easier. It is simple to use and offers stuff in a fun and effective manner. Nearpod eases the pressure that online learning has placed on our shoulders. Without a doubt, it makes learning enjoyable and interesting. My pupils are challenged every day by the innovative lessons I teach, and I am pleased with the outcomes I have seen thus far. I would not hesitate to suggest it to anyone else contemplating purchasing software to improve the effectiveness of online learning.

On the Nearpod Platform, teachers may design a complete class. On the presenter screen, the code is ready. When students input the code, they are sent to the first slide, which contains their tasks. All of my instructions, collaboration structures, and supports are easily posted on the slides. This allows me to concentrate on the needs of the students while still completing the tasks I set out to do. Nearpod provides a few teacher features that bring accountability to every session by allowing teachers to see in time who has and has not submitted work. They can then approach to kids who may want support or motivation.

Nearpod has various drawbacks. The free version has limited capacity, the gold version is absolutely essential. Students can interact with a website when it is displayed, but as you move to the next slide the link disappears. If they need to glance back to perform the task on the next slide, that site is no longer available.

Namaan
Digital Learning Manager in UK

Nearpod College

Kommentare: Tutors find it easy to use and engage students.

Ease of use - digital upskilling is made easy by Nearpod training and tutorials.

Back end Control Panel could be better.

Matthew

Nearpod for Education

Kommentare: I have recommended Nearpod to whoever is looking for a great tool to use in a classroom. The basic account has limited storage, but the upgraded account will let me make plans for the entire school year. I use this daily to create lessons for all my students and couldn't ask for a better tool.

I love the functionality of Nearpod. I am able to upload lessons from other programs to create interactive lessons for my students. Nearpod has a lot of features that can be imbedded from other technology reasources, too. In a virtual/hybrid learning situation, Nearpod is a great resource to reach students with and without solid internet access.

The one feature that has been troublesome is the amount of video data that can be uploaded. I was able to work around this issue by creating my videos as YouTube videos and uploading the links.

Christie
E-Learning, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Nearpod my students love time to climb!!

Kommentare: The customer service is hard to get in touch with. I guess it’s better for district level!

My students look forward to their daily time 2 climb. They software makes it so easy to get instant feedback and quizzes. The draw it feature lets them fill in PDFs and do drawings. The timer that you can set it also awesome because it paces them during each activity.

The only real con I have with this is that it’s sooo expensive for the full version.

Kathleen
Marketing Director in USA
Hochschulbildung, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Unique Twist to Presentations

Kommentare: We used Nearpod to enhance presentations to groups of faculty and staff, in both large and small settings. We used the POLL activity to have all participants "vote" on which topics would be discussed. We had all topics set up in the Nearpod presentation. When participants voted -- we switched to appropriate slides. It was a great change-up from typical presentations and was received enthusiastically. Nearpos is also used quite effectively in the classroom. I like that I can use educational tools to enhance general communication.

It's so easy to include a wide variety of media into a Nearpod presentation. It's aimed primarily at classroom learning, in-person or virtual, but I've found it can enhance a standard business presentation to increase engagement.

Actually, there wasn't anything significant that I didn't like about Nearpod. If we ran into problems, it generally was generally due to users not the software.

Patrick

Nearpod equals Student Engagement

Kommentare: It has been a very rewarding software for my classroom. I am able to start off with Do Nows, Check for Understanding, Closing activities and Quizzes all in one place.

I love the ability to add slides, activities and collaborative tools to improve student engagement and student learning retention. I love how easy it is to share my lessons with my students and colleagues.

I wish there was a bigger database of lessons I could use for my classes. I end up making most of my lessons from scratch.

Brian
Brian
Mathematics Specialist in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Great For Virtual Learning

Kommentare: This is great for virtual learning. Students can see all notes and have quick check for understandings and the teacher can easily give immediate feedback. The incorporation of questions during the videos makes it nice to keep students actively engaged.

-Great for immediate student feedback -Teacher view lets you easily see data and student progress -Teacher view show names on answers and textbox while student view does not -Convert Google Slides to Nearpod -Add in questions during video clip -Nearpod Administrator can impersonate all users and see their nearpods and their data

-Sometimes slow to load for students, especially videos -Cannot draw

Kristen
E-Learning, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Nearpod

Kommentare: I have been very impressed with Nearpod. I definitely plan to continue using it with my students.

Our district has been piloting Nearpod premium. I am a middle school STEM teacher. I have used Nearpod before but never in my STEM classroom. I was impressed by the number of already created STEM lessons. I have used several of the career Nearpods with my students while we have been doing eLearning.

I really do not have any complaints. I love the new interactive features like Climb the Wall. We played that at a PD session and it was a lot of fun.

Jonathan
Bildungsmanagement, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Replaces the Projector

Kommentare: This is a great product and Nearpod's customer service it great too!

What a great product! I love Nearpod because the students can see, up close my notes and videos, on their own screen! And I can control the slides!

I would like Nearpod to be more user-friendly for my students to do a group project or even an individual project.

Arlando
Students teacher in USA
Bildungsmanagement, Selbstständig

Improve Participation with one click

Kommentare: My personal experience with the software trumps the minor issue of being unable to recycle materials as it indeed have the student doting their i’s and crossing their t’s. Their engagement, particularly and behaviour during class has improved greatly while using this software.

The software has a feature in which you can add questions to videos, this is very effective in keeping the students focused on what they are required to learn. Addition to this, it increases the students attention span.

Though this software is great, like many other it has small challenges as to what it can achieve. What I did not enjoy while using this software was that after a month the materials that you created will automatically delete itself, so you cannot recycle the same material two months later for revision with the students.

Marina
E-Learning, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Nearpod is great!

Kommentare: Nearpod is engaging and useful in the classroom during lessons or can be assigned easily as homework. It links to many different learning platforms and is easy to navigate.

Nearpod helps teachers easily use the 'flipped classroom' model of teaching in an engaging way. I love how students can pace themselves through a lesson and I love all the lessons available on the site. Some are made by Nearpod and some are shared by other teachers. It is easy to upload an existing presentation or to create your own in the platform. I also like that students don't need a sign in to participate in this site. They have so many logins for different things already.

Sometimes the software can freeze and then students must start the activity over. It would be great if there was a save option.

Kathleen
E-Learning, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Game Changer

Kommentare: Overall, using Nearpod changed everything about online learning for the BETTER.

There are so many features I love about Nearpod: 1. It’s easy for students to access and use, 2. I can create in Nearpod or import from google drive, my computer, etc... 3. I can add audio recordings on the slides, and my OVERALL favorite is 4. IT HAS ITS IWN INTERACTIVE FEATURES FOR STUDENT ENGAGEMENT. You can easily create games, collaborative boards, quizzes, etc...

What I like least about Nearpod includes: 1. I cannot change the font style, 2. The file upload size is a bit small, 3. I would like to be able to save a game to put in multiple presentations without recreating them each time.

Jeff
EdTech Coach in USA

A More Engaging Presentation

Kommentare: I love this program. We are lucky to have a free premium account bought by the state of Utah. This is a very easy to use product for teachers, and one that students love!

Nearpod is basically google slides or powerpoint, except the main focus is getting the students engaged in the lesson. Through "Activities" students use their own laptops to responds to questions. They are also constantly updating! You can also take all the google slides that you have made, and add Nearpod activities into it.

There are a few things that are just frustrating. For example, if I drag and drop an image, I may be told "This image is too big". It is 2020, can this not be auto sized?

Sarah
Principal in USA

Nearpod

Kommentare: They do a good job trying to be responsive to the needs of educators, and I appreciate these efforts by the company.

This platform is a great option for delivering presentations to students and engaging them at high levels. One of the key things we must do as educators is take data to determine if students are learning what we need them to during a given lesson. This platform lets you embed these opportunities, providing the teacher immediate data and feedback from all students in a digital format.

This lends itself best to an iPad environment in my opinion. Our switch to Chromebooks has made this less of the ideal situation for our students and staff.