Nearpod Bewertungen

von Nearpod

Middle school science teacher for 5 years; Instructional Technology Facilitator for 2 hears

Bewertet am 8.2.2018
Shane P.
Instructional Technology Facilitator
Bildungsmanagement

Vorteile: Nearpod is a high-quality, user-friendly, reliable presentation program that could be a valuable asset in every teachers classroom. There is a fee, but it's definitely worth the investment individually or at the school-wide level. For starters, it's easy to create slide decks, but what's amazing is that these presentations can be pushed to student devices or phones instantly and with ease. Students can then follow along and interact with the instructor. Other types of presentations can easily be converted and used within NearPod, too, so you don't have to reinvent good material. Just upload and begin pushing to students with ease. Next, audio and video files can be dropped in to decks which enables students to interact with the multimedia individually or in groups. Beyond that, and perhaps my favorite feature is the ability to collect real-time feedback from students through a wide variety of question types/formats. This enables the presenter to pace the lesson appropriately, follow-up with anyone who may be struggling, or engage students in conversation or clarifications based on the feedback. Next, NearPod has a database of phenomenal content available to educators. Large amounts are free. Some of the content even offers VR360 opportunities for students who are using capable devices. Last, I just appreciate that they are committed to improving their product - always taking steps forward, listening to user concerns, offering loudly support, and advancing.

Nachteile: It would be great if they could add on some sort of homework feature for students who may not have access to WiFi. I know they are exploring several potentials here, and I think they'll figure out a solution, but this would be helpful for flipping the classroom in Title One environments.

Catholic emelentary use of nearpod

Bewertet am 19.6.2019
Renee H.
computer science teacher
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The product is so unique and fun that the students enjoy learning. There are so many academic benefits that I don't think I have enough room to list them all. It can be used in every classroom for all ages and subjects. I even got the school counselors using it with the middle school kids. Like any product, it takes time to make it your own, but it is time well spent.

Vorteile: I am able to take control of the student's computer screen so they are unable to move ahead or fall behind. I am able to see each student's answer as they submit it. If I want to I can share all responses or select the responses that work for the lesson. I see what each person is doing on their desktop or laptop computer. It saves the data and I can use it to triangulate future data. The students LOVE it and always ask if we can "do a nearpod" today.

Nachteile: It took me days to purchase a subscription and they tried to "upsell" me and I hate that. I just want to be able to order a subscription online. Instead, I had to call and get transferred, then their system was down and they could not process my credit card. They asked me to call back so I did and it still did not work. I only had the school credit card for a few hours and I was trying to teach. It should not have been so difficult. I almost quit trying but I really really wanted to use the product because it is amazing.

Bewertet am 15.2.2020
Sarah M.
Principal
Bildungsmanagement, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: They do a good job trying to be responsive to the needs of educators, and I appreciate these efforts by the company.

Vorteile: This platform is a great option for delivering presentations to students and engaging them at high levels. One of the key things we must do as educators is take data to determine if students are learning what we need them to during a given lesson. This platform lets you embed these opportunities, providing the teacher immediate data and feedback from all students in a digital format.

Nachteile: This lends itself best to an iPad environment in my opinion. Our switch to Chromebooks has made this less of the ideal situation for our students and staff.

An excellent interactive tool for teaching and learning

Bewertet am 30.11.2019
Senior Learning Technologist
Hochschulbildung, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We use Nearpod to promote active learning in our teachers and trainers. It has enabled our tutors to get meaningful engagement in a variety of audience sizes (large lectures and small groups). The fact that it works reliably on students' devices both on the web and dedicated app makes it easy for learners to engage with.

Vorteile: Nearpod provides a seamless means of both presenting content and embedding interactions for learners to engage with on their own mobile devices. The variety of interactions is wide, allowing for all kinds of ways for students to engage. The set is growing all the time, e.g. the new 3D graphics function is very welcome! The ability to embed PowerPoint slides is very helpful (paid-for plans only) and the in-built slide content design toolset has really grown over the years to become much more viable. The paid-for plans also provide access to many other libraries of existing content.

Nachteile: The lover level paid-for plans are quite limited in the number of active users and the fact that >200 concurrent users requires a custom enterprise plan may put off smaller, not-for-profit organisations. It would be good to have larger audience users available in the lower tier plans.

Bewertet am 26.7.2019
Don L.
E-Learning, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I used this product because my school site bought us a license. I had used Pear Deck previously which is a similar software. In my opinion Pear deck is much easier to use and the students enjoy using it more as well.

Vorteile: It makes boring powerpoints more interactive. You can engage students by asking questions throughout the lesson and see their responses on your screen. There is also a library of pre-existing lessons ready to use.

Nachteile: The pre-made lessons didn't really fit my needs and creating your own Nearpod presentation from scratch is extremely time consuming. During the lesson it is difficult to go back and forth between the presentation and checking student responses.

An absolute MUST for classrooms with technology

Bewertet am 6.9.2019
Megan R.
Bildungsmanagement, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Nearpod has made my job (I'm a teacher) so much easier!! I love how Nearpod offers student paced lessons or teacher led lessons. This is a great way to differentiate instruction and allow students to work at their own pace. I have used Nearpod in my classroom and during staff meetings. It's very easy to use and there are several lessons you can use if you don't want to make your own. Students can also use this as a presentation tool!

Nachteile: I do wish there was a way that I could switch from teacher led to student paced throughout my presentation.

Replaces the Projector

Bewertet am 22.10.2019
Jonathan K.
Bildungsmanagement, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: This is a great product and Nearpod's customer service it great too!

Vorteile: What a great product! I love Nearpod because the students can see, up close my notes and videos, on their own screen! And I can control the slides!

Nachteile: I would like Nearpod to be more user-friendly for my students to do a group project or even an individual project.

Mindblowing!

Bewertet am 19.7.2019
Aileen M.
Tutor
Bildungsmanagement, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: As a remote teacher, this is as good as it gets. Real-time assessment/feedback, usability is top notch, built-in questions are great, and the clean look and design is just a dream to use.

Nachteile: This is a costly product. You can be sure you get what you pay for, however.

Great Resource to Supplement Curriculum

Bewertet am 22.10.2019
Rebecca C.
Instructional Coach
Bildungsmanagement, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall, the lessons were engaging and well made! This was a great resource to have and use to supplement, introduce, or review specific topics.

Vorteile: I love how many different lessons are available for all grade levels and all topics. It allowed me to find specific resources that meet the various needs of the students in my classroom. I love the ease of assigning these lessons OR using them to guide my teaching. The live version to use allows you to be in control of each slide and when it moves from one to the other, I love this function because it keeps my students on track and focused while allowing me to manage their engagement and use.

Nachteile: One thing I did not specifically like is that some of the lessons really should only be done as a live version but they still had the option to have the students complete it on their own. This caused confusion with specific sections that needed to be discussed aloud or done together. I think it would have been helpful if there was a way of knowing this beforehand.

The idea behind it is great

Bewertet am 9.12.2019
Keri C.
Bildungsmanagement, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Our Digital Citizenship lessons were pushed out to us via Nearpod

Vorteile: I love the concept of being able to control their screens; however, they know ways around it

Nachteile: My students do not enjoy Nearpod lessons

Big fan of Nearpod for Education

Bewertet am 13.9.2018
Shane P.
Instructional Technology Facilitator
Bildungsmanagement, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: All in all, I'm a big fan. I recommend it in the classroom and strongly suggest teachers explore using it. You must be in one-to-one setting.

Vorteile: I'm a big fan of Nearpod when giving presentations. Here are the pros I see:
- Allows students to become active participants in their education. Presenting instructional content is engaging with Nearpod, not just a one-way conversation.
- You have the ability to check for understanding with built-in questions.
- They have a ton of free resources that are great.
- Real-time assessment/feedback.
- They've even offered VR field trips that you can take your students on.
- It's easy to learn how to use it, navigate, and build presentations.
- You can also easily upload presentations from other platforms.

Nachteile: While I feel that the pros outweigh the cons, here are some problems I see:
- It is completely based on your wifi. If you have a weak internet, then Nearpod will be slow and lagging. If you add a lot of students to a presentation, it can also significantly slow down. (Although I realize that this is not necessarily Nearpod's fault - it is worth noting.)
- Even though you can check for understanding in real-time, you cannot do so anonymously. It would be nice if you can anonymously assess students from time-to-time.
- The subscription is steep - some may think it's worth it and the features are great, but it comes with a price that is a bit much.
- The coolness factor will eventually wear off with students.

Great Engagement and Success Tracking

Bewertet am 20.2.2020
Christine G.
Instructional Technician
Bildungsmanagement, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Nearpod is my presentation go-to that helps me deliver information or learning in a fun and efficient way. It allows me to assess my students with reports in real time. I can even share a code with adults then I can track who has accessed it. I often turn to the Nearpod library when I need a last minute lesson-- it gives me content to start with so I don't have to build a lesson from scratch.

Vorteile: I use Nearpod for training teachers as well as creating and delivering lessons to students. The interactive features such as quizzes, a Time To Climb game, and Draw It keep grownups and kid engaged in the material. The VR "field trips" are amazing also, even if you don't have VR goggles. Nearpod support is great, there is a very active community of users to learn from, and the company is very responsive to feedback.

Nachteile: There is a learning curve before a person can use Nearpod to its full advantage. There are many premade lessons, but they often need to be customized for specific audiences such as grade level (I have found some of the Kindergarten lessons, for example, are too advanced for most little ones).The file structure and management is also a little awkward.

Nearpod is one of the easiest ways to engage students while presenting information.

Bewertet am 7.6.2017
Hope E.
Instructional Technology Coach
Bildungsmanagement, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Turns normal "sit and get" lessons into interactive and engaging activities for students. It has been very easy to use and easy to show others how to use it.

Vorteile: Nearpod has a library of pre-made lessons that teachers may use. Some are free, but others have a minimal cost. Nearpod is free to use, but the free version does have limited capabilities. The great thing about Nearpod is they offer you a 6 month trial if you complete a few steps and become a Nearpod Certified Educator. This process is extremely easy and it helps you to get to know the product. One of the best features is that you can use PowerPoints that you already have. You simply upload them, and then insert your activities. It is very intuitive and easy to use.
Another great feature is that they are constantly adding features. This company listens to it's customers and they are always making their product better.

Nachteile: The only complaint is that it is hard to find what you are looking for in their store. Sometime you have to try multiple searches to get a "hit".

Another Tool in the Teacher Toolbox

Bewertet am 22.2.2020
Daniel F.
Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Nearpod is a great way to run interactive whole group or independent lessons with students, but it doesn't fully implement itself with other classroom tools such as Google Classroom. Because of this, it can be frustrating to go from one tool to another to create a lesson and then formative assessment for students. This has been great for me for interspersed uses, but until it implements a little better, it can be tough to use daily.

Vorteile: Nearpod helps teachers (and others) create powerpoint-like lessons for students to go through either in whole group settings or student-paced. The slides can range from interactive ones like student drawing or typing responses or can be static slides, linking students to other resources. Students can join on a variety of device types with a lesson code, or by linking the lesson directly to your Google Classroom.

Nachteile: While the tool can help students go through a lesson, I wish it implemented itself with other tools a little better. The fact that I can link this straight to my Google Classroom is great, but it won't allow me to keep or save any individual grades from the Nearpod easily. This means if I want this to be an independent lesson for students with a formative assessment at the end, I have to make the Nearpod, and then create a graded opportunity separately. I've been told this update will come to the program, but until then, that can be frustrating.

Instruction Made Easy

Bewertet am 15.2.2019
Allison D.
Music Teacher
E-Learning, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I love how you can use just about any type of media with a Nearpod presentation. You are able to design directly in Nearpod with the slides or you can upload presentations from Microsoft or Google files.

Nachteile: I do experiencing some issues with saving from time to time. Nearpod does not seem to function well if you have more than 1 presentation in edit mode. Sometimes I like to work side by side to double check both presentations follow the same format. Unfortunately this means that Nearpod does not always save my work.

Nearpod in the classroom

Bewertet am 3.5.2019
James C.
Deputy Principal and Grade 6 Teacher
Bildungsmanagement, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall, the interactive nature of Nearpod makes lessons engaging and fun for the pupils. The teacher is able to receive and give instant feedback to their students.

Vorteile: Nearpod is a very useful alternative to PowerPoint presentations that keep your students active in the lesson. Nearpod uses a basic PowerPoint presentation which is displayed on the pupils devices but gives you the option to add questions or make students draw on a diagram making it interactive. The teacher has a dashboard whereby you can view all your pupils responses and then single out responses to display for further discussion.

Nachteile: Making a presentation from scratch on the Nearpod site can be time consuming but if you already have a PowerPoint presentation that you can upload and then add to it, it is much better. Unfortunately, any animations in your original PowerPoint will be lost.

Self-Paced and Interactive Presentations

Bewertet am 21.11.2018
Nick A.
District Staff Development Coordinator
Bildungsmanagement, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall, it has done what I needed and allows me to control a presentation or push out some fun interactive elements to help keep students on their toes and assess quickly and efficiently.

Vorteile: Love the ability to create presentations or upload presentations I have previously created into NearPod and insert more interactive elements within them. There is a variety of question types and features. One really useful note is that you can control the presentation on your end, but have students or those attending your session view a different screen. This feature is great when designing virtual guided tours. I also appreciate that NearPod has integrated itself with Schoology LMS. Big bonus.

Nachteile: Honestly I don't have too much. The one gripe I have is that this is a great tool to enhance interaction and engagement, but relies on teacher-led instruction at the forefront. With a push toward self-directed/personalized learning, this may be a drawback. But this is a good tool to get you started with tech integration, or move toward VR as an element to your classroom.

Interactive Presentation App for Multiple Learning Intelligences

Bewertet am 25.1.2019
Sr. brittany H.
Chair of the Theology Department
Bildungsmanagement, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I am happy I have this resource to use in my classroom. I wish I had more time to develop more lessons.

Vorteile: I have been a Nearpod user since 2012 (almost the beginning). I have seen the program evolve over time into a more and more dynamic platform for teachers to update their presentations and add interactive elements like polls, quizzes, virtual 360 tours, videos, audio, and worksheets. The pre-made presentations that come with a site license can be a huge time saver.

Nachteile: With time, Nearpod has become more expensive. As a small school, we have had to make sacrifices to afford the site license. It can be hard getting faculty to feel comfortable using it because it is a new way of approaching presentations, but those who adopt them enjoy using it. It does require a time investment to build a lesson in Nearpod, but they are sharable and reusable.

Nearpod's games make studying fun for students

Bewertet am 20.11.2018
Ross M.
COO
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Nearpod is very good for introducing and presenting material to a group of people.

Vorteile: Nearpod has a fun drawing feature that allows students to be creative while answering questions. Nearpod is an interactive studying experience that allows teachers to view the knowledge of the students while allowing fun studying games. Some features are similar to Quizlet such as matching and the quiz feature. It is used in my child's Spanish class to help the students comprehend new vocabulary words.

Nachteile: I overall like this software, but sometimes it lags a little when people are submitting assignments. I wish there was a fullscreen feature on computers so that people are able to see it better. I feel like Quizlet is more helpful for studying, but Nearpod is very efficient on introducing new material.

Engaging Students with Nearpod

Bewertet am 5.2.2019
Instructional Technology Coach
E-Learning, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We pay for a Nearpod subscription in our district. We have unlimited access to the content library. This is our 3rd year using Nearpod and it has greatly increased student engagement.

Vorteile: Nearpod allows teachers to take normal presentations and change them into engaging lessons. They are constantly adding new features and they have a library of pre-made content. My teachers love Nearpod and it has changed the classroom experience.

Nachteile: For what it offers, the price is reasonable but it is still a little steep for some districts.

Teaching hand in hand with technology

Bewertet am 12.1.2019
Silfrido G.
Instructor
E-Learning, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Very good with the classes and live webinars.

Vorteile: I like the methodology used as teaching in the hand of technology, its audio and video tools, the facility to create interactive virtual classes with interaction of the student population adjusted to the programmatic content, the evaluation of the contents in optimal time, as well as the follow-up of the students.

Nachteile: The only limitation I see is the connection to the Internet, because the higher the level of technology, the greater the dependence on an optimal connection to the Internet. The rest are the benefits that I can comment on.

Best software to enhance student engagement

Bewertet am 2.8.2019
Marius V.
e-Learning designer
Hochschulbildung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It helped us to improve student engagement in a flipped classroom teaching strategy. Please buy the license and start using it. You will not regret it.

Vorteile: Easy to use.
Student paced mode enables you to make your presentation, a homework assignment with questions.
Great for Formative assessment.
VR and 3D images
Very good analytical data of every session

Nachteile: Nothing. It's really amazing. A bit pricey, but worth every cent.

Nearpod Revioew

Bewertet am 29.11.2018
Jj S.
Teacher/Coach
Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall I would recommend Nearpod to people who do not want to have to reinvent the wheel when looking for ways to present new information to a class. Great in a 1 to 1 or lecture style classroom.

Vorteile: - They have a pretty extensive library of preexisting activities featuring a variety of topics.
- Compatible with 1 to 1 classrooms through a variety of classroom programs (google classroom, canvas, etc.)
- Great for introducing new topics in the classroom
- Great for whole class instruction

Nachteile: - I wish it had a way of compiling student results for each question
- Not all information in the presentations is relevant to what the students may need to know. You can edit the activity though to fit your needs.
- Have not found it to be useful for individual student activities

Get Closer to Success with Nearpod

Bewertet am 26.7.2019
Ayesha A.
Substitute Teacher
Bildungsmanagement, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: What I liked most about this software is that it includes a variety of interactive features that include built-in assessments. It's beneficial for elementary school educators like me who desire to enhance their teaching and students' learning.

Nachteile: What I liked least about this software is that it loads slowly if there are many users viewing your lesson. Nearpod is also not available to access offline.

One of the Best EDTECH Apps Around- If you have fund for one app, pick this one!

Bewertet am 17.7.2019
Amber H.
Direc tor
Bildungsmanagement, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Nearpod has improved SO much over the past five years and really takes the feedback from teachers to heart. In large classrooms, it can sometimes be hard to hear from all students and Nearpod truly gives every one a voice! From polls to controlling the pace of the presentation, to quizzes and drawing, there are some many features to help bring content to life, while checking for understanding along the way.

Nachteile: Sometimes it is not clear what features are included with a premium subscription and what are not. Users are given a free trial when creating their account, and I think this can be misleading as users may then believe these features are also included.