Über Dacast

DaCast ist eine Self-Service-Broadcasting-Lösung. Sie ermöglicht sowohl Live- als auch On-Demand-Video-Streaming ohne Werbung und Website-Einbettung.

Erfahre mehr über Dacast

It works - but it didn't quite fit 100% of my needs, so the ability to talk to someone was ace.

VOD - recorded live streams have multiple 'holes' in them, most recordings have 10-20 minute holes missing in the recording.

Bewertungen zu Dacast

Dacast hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,4 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 175 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Dacast bereits verwendet?

John C.
John C.
President in Spanien
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Reliable and easy to use

Kommentare: We use it extensively to stream weekly tutorials, as well as live feed conferences and events. Overall, our experience has been very positive and you can quickly talk to a real persona if you get stuck or something´s not working.

Dacast is a solid streaming platform backed by an excellent support team which have helped me sort out configuration and integration into our e-learning platforms. I also like the fact that it´s highly customizable and integrates well into OBS studio and HTML pages, as well as Facebook. All in all, the quality/value for money ratio is well worth it.

The latency is annoying (can be up to 15 secondes) and the upgrade payment to eliminate it is really too expensive.

Antwort von DaCast

Hi John! Thanks a lot for your comments, we take the point on the pricing. We are always trying to find cheaper solutions to put on the market, we will announce it if we have anything new on this!

Byron K.
CTO in USA

Video Whitelabeling and Embedding

4 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: handles video processing, storage, and streaming well, great customer support ([SENSITIVE CONTENT] and [SENSITIVE CONTENT] are on top of their game)

Simple upload and embed process, responsive support team

We started using Dacast in the middle of a migration, my account had a couple issues because we have a specific use case (we use API exclusively, not the portal). Also the embedded player doesn't have as much customization/flexibility as we'd like, and no options to add subtitle files to the video

Cornelius K.
Retired from computer IT work in USA

My Review

3 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: I have used this product for about 10 years. It can get the job done, but it kind of drives me crazy with all the little things that could make the product better.

It gets the job done. Things have improved over the years.

The software is not "polished" These areas need work on. -1. Uploading. It would be nice if when it says the uploaded is “Completed” that it is actually visible in the list of videos. Sometimes I have had to wait 4-5 minutes after it says completed. I have sometimes started a second upload because I think the upload failed. 2. Renditions – It would be nice if I could create a recipe that will not create a rendition. We do not need renditions. 3. Thumbnails – It would be nice if creating thumbnails from the video actually worked the first time you try. It will work on the second try. 4. Deleting Files – It would be nice if we had the option of permanently deleting a video instead of having it go into the trash bin and deleting it a second time. It would really be nice if DaCast could manage our storage and delete the oldest video when we exceed our storage. 5. It would be nice if the Dashboard Top Videos actually showed a thumbnail or something else besides an encrypted name. Example “ vod-ad757efa-055f-5315-862e-b1cf21a010cf” 6. It would be nice if there was a checkbox to use the file name (minus the extension) as the description.

Victor m P.
Victor m P.
MR in Mexiko

An excellent product that has it all; well, almost everything

5 vor 2 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: I would summarize it as: Excellent provider, excellent service, excellent cost-benefit ratio. Excellent business partner

Very easy to use interface. Excellent seaworthiness. Excellent results and performance. Optimization of resources and transparency of information resources.

This is the only area of ​​opportunity that we find in the service. There are currently many plugins and add-ons that other providers can be added almost immediately. We are sure that the Dacast team will be able to work on these integrations soon. A specific example was the real-time CHAT service that should be optimized as soon as possible

Jose B.
Production Manager in Kanada
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Great product for Churches

5 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: Very easy to use, live-stream has never failed.

The live stream file that it provides is easy to integrate with subsplash, an app developer/platform we use for our custom app.

When you delete videos that have been recorded, you don’t get your memory back. When you’re not streaming, the not available feature doesn’t work with subsplash, instead you get an error.

Ryan F.
Videographer in USA
Medienproduktion, Selbstständig

A decent live streaming and video hosting company for professional use.

5 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: Overall the service has been reliable but lacks some features and convenience that I expected at this price point. I am currently looking for another cheaper provider for my live streams.

What brought me to this software was the integration with InPlayer, which allows monetization of live streams and videos. We were looking to quickly deploy a Dacast workflow for a football team that wanted to charge online viewers and Dacast worked well in that application, both reliability and monetization features. The cost and reporting of bandwidth is transparent.

The control panel seems a little buggy with some changes requiring to confirm with a button at the bottom, others do not. Changes take a few seconds to take in order to do anything else with the page. In general, the control panel could use some work. I would like to see the ability to email the stream encoder settings to yourself or an app that allows you to see the settings. The recording feature has been unreliable with some missed portions and multiple recordings for the same stream. YouTube was able to record the stream reliably.

Director in Brasilien
Medienproduktion, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Works as expected

5 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: Very good so far, as I said befor low latancy and easy to use.

low latancy, easy to use. Works really well, never had a critical problem.

Sometimes the user interface needs some fixing

Aaron B.
IT in Mexiko
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Experiencia de unos meses con DACAST

4 vor 3 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: En General nos ha funcionado bien tuvimos algunos problemillas pero con el área de soporte la revimos de forma rápida y permanente

Fácil configuración, uso facil y de muy buena calidad

La personalización del Player le faltan mas opciones, sobre todo poder hacerlo con mas contraste en los colores, y el escoger que opciones puede ver el usuario y donde poner esas opciones la barra.

Prempeh A.
CEO in Südafrika
Onlinemedien, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

DaCast

4 vor 3 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: Online Learning

Its ability to offer video on demand streaming and livestreaming with a dedicated paywall. Their willingness to negotiate.

Sudden nugs and difficulty in communication for an ultimate solution

Ashley B.
Ashley B.
Operations Coordinator in USA
Think-Tanks, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Excellent entry-level introduction to Live Streaming behind a paywall

Kommentare: We were able to offer live videos of our event to out of town guests at a cost where our in person guests wouldn't have been offended and try our a new service that we could benefit from a good ROI.

This was my organizations first time trying to profit off of a live-stream and the paywall feature DaCast offers was the perfect fit. They have the ability to social share to Facebook and Twitter as well as embed the videos into our own website! Customer service is always available and promptly responds when I was setting up the account.

The videos were sometimes slow to load. Setting up the channel to save or download the videos after were also not very clear and ultimately resulted in us losing one video.

Antwort von DaCast

Thank you Ashley for your review. Happy to read it. We are taking your feedback into consideration for our upcoming upgraded video platform. Have a nice weekend!

Juan c V.
Minister in USA
Religiöse Einrichtungen, Selbstständig

Quick & Easy Setup for your Church

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: Overall, we have been using Dacast's Streaming Starter Package since July 2020 and have had zero issues. I am extremely pleased with the service and that our church members are able to watch Online, via Facebook and other Social Media, or by hosted page from our Website. Additionally,

I am new to Webcasting, and was apprehensive initially when deciding on a streaming service. However, once I tried Dacast and saw how simple, quick, and easy it was to use I was convinced. I love that we have the ability stream our church services and that Dacast works with OBS which is what we use to create our streams. Additionally, after streaming, we have the added capability of hosting our recording as a Video On Demand option for those that were not able to catch the live stream. Also, the other reason that I chose Dacast was that our streaming and video hosting service is not competing with millions of others on free or publicly accessible options. It does require an investment upfront (I am using the starter package) and have not run out of capacity nor has anybody that connects has filed any sort of complaints. This service functions as advertised and I think it is well worth the investment, especially for teams that are new to web .

Where I believe the product could use some improvements is on the Analytics area. I think that there should be some options or features that allow us to track specific users. In our case, I would love it if I could assign some sort of "Credential" or "ID" to users so that when they either watch online or watch "recordings", I could be able to track who where the users. There are other reports, hwo

Stu S.
Producer/Host in USA

Overall, a Very Good Organization with Excellent Customer Service

Kommentare: I am very happy with the streaming quality and the reliability now that they have most of the issues worked out. It is the best value for the money spent and I expect to remain with DaCast as long as my programming continues to stream on the Internet.

The pricing structure is probably the best thing about DaCast. It's affordable (unlike many of their competitors), and their customer service is top notch. My rep usually gets back to me within an hour after I e-mail him, and their tech support people are always available to chat regardless of the time...and they are very helpful. If they can't resolve a problem, they send it to their higher-ups and it gets taken care of pretty quickly.

Some of the CDNs have buffering issues depending on where they are, but they seem to have repaired these over the past few months. The analytics reports have also been a problem in the past, but they too seem to have been remedied of late. The PPV on demand interface is a bit cumbersome and difficult for some non-tech-savvy customers of mine to navigate. That would be the only issue I wish DaCast could simplify...it's a really big deal to log in once an account has been created and they don't allow for users to change their passwords - if forgotten, DaCast issues them a randomly-generated new one and they are difficult to remember. I also don't like the fact that clients must wait until an accumulation of $100 or more via PPV sales is reached before they can transfer funds from DaCast...and the first transaction takes 35 days. That is ridiculous.

Antwort von DaCast

Hello Stu, thanks a lot for your review, and thank you even more for your comment, we are always eager to improve and will consider it! Happy streaming.

Jason H.
CEO in USA
Unterhaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Great people. Great service.

Kommentare: We needed the ability to allow our entire user base to be able to upload video game performance videos directly into the service. This means many thousands of different people from anywhere in the world, with incredibly large video uploads. We were able to accomplish this. There is nothing more to say.

Bottom line is that it works. It's consistent. It's straightforward. The support available is prompt, understanding and interested in supplying the best product and service they can.

I have no complaints. The software and company have completely met my expectations. I am not exaggerating.

Antwort von DaCast

Hi Jason! Thanks a lot for your review. We are so pleased to keep on working with you and will definitely keep on serving you for many more adventures!

Kent G.
Onlinemedien, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Best Service Available

Kommentare: I've checked out virtually all other services. They all have their pros and cons but I've found DaCast has far fewer cons. Pricing is the biggest difference. DaCast is actually affordable for any kind of broadcast and combining that with the solid reliability puts DaCast way ahead of the rest. We continue to check the other services, as the years go by, but we keep coming back to DaCast. There's just no reason to go anyplace else.

We don't broadcast often, but when we do, we need to know that our CDN is solid with little chance of dropping. DaCast has proven their reliability, to us. We started with them when they first came on-line. Back then, there were little hickups as would be expected. In my opinion, DaCast is superior in every way to all other similar services. We did a week long broadcast recently, and had zero drops! Those were 12 hour days and not one drop. That's amazing. Setup is easy and quick. I setup a new broadcast channel in about 10 minutes and was testing the broadcast. We use Wirecast and DaCast is simple to interface with it. Support is available via chat and is pretty quick to connect and help you. That's huge when you're in the middle of a broadcast and need help.

The only con is in setting up overage protection. You can select it, and it appears that you have it, but you might not actually have it and there's no way to know that you don't. Until you go over your allocated bandwidth.

Antwort von DaCast

Hi Kent, we appreciate your review and it is always a pleasure to do business with you. Hopefully we can optimize the overage protection soon enough so your streaming experience becomes even better! Talk to you soon.

Nicola C.
Managing Director in USA

Best video streaming software

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: We have been using DaCast and its software to stream video for 10 years and never had an issue. Our website has a video stream that runs 24/7 and includes both live and recorded video. During that 10 years of constant streaming we have only had 3 technical issues that stopped the stream and each time the issue was resolved immediately. The set up is extremely easy and if assistance is need the customer service team is very responsive and helpful.

The quality of the stream is very high and the backend design is intuitive and easy to navigate. The software is easy to install, set up and use. If help is need the customer support team is terrific and available to help. The ability to monetize the stream is easy and has many options which is very important for our company as we do "ticketed" live events.

There is nothing I dislike, which is why we have been customers for 10 years.

Gandhi B.
Webmaster in Mexiko
Unterhaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

A great alternative for broadcasting

Kommentare: Almost a year broadcasting, working just fine on a daily basis.

The great variety of settings you have to get the image do you need. The price it's also great for my needs.

In my case, the learning curve. I was not familiar with this kind of broadcasting.

Antwort von DaCast

Hello Gandhi! Thanks a lot for your comment, glad to hear you use our services every day. We take the point on the learning curve: it is important for us to get people to live easily, but it can be sometimes harder than expected.

Joey P.
Volunteer in USA

Thanks

Kommentare: It’s been a solid A. Phone support great even though I was on a free trial. Website has embedded livestream and I’m broadcasting on Periscope and Facebook every Sunday

The honesty of the website, I was asked to broadcast a livestream of our church services on a budget to embed on our website and social media. After reviewing several different outlets that claimed one thing and did not come through or require a credit card and wouldn’t disclose the price until you signed up for a free trial, I stumbled upon DaCast. The phone service was exceptional as I was stumped trying to find the right option the free trial didn’t require a credit card and now I have an exact dollar amount needed to complete the task

I wish there was an option with their own encoder. However they have worked with several other encoding software companies including OBS and the one I chose VMix to meet our needs

Antwort von DaCast

Thank you Joey, it is such a pleasure to read your review. Please note that we do have our own encoder which is a customized version of OBS which allows you to do low latency streaming; if you want to try, we would be happy to let you. Happy streaming and talk to you soon!

Ian B.
Director in UK
Personalbeschaffung & -besetzung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Video job descriptions made possible through Dacast

Kommentare: I love dacast it’s an integral part of my business, I use it daily, please keep up the good work

Quality Reliability Ease of use Video view, it slides across making selection easy

Setting out folders, I’ve not figured this out and would like help

Lawrence F.
President in USA

A Great Streaming Solution

Kommentare: We have had a great experience with DaCast streaming as a service. From our 24/7 streaming to our occasional LIVE event broadcasts, we find that DaCast helps to supply our needs for streaming to our audience. The customer support with DaCast has been excellent, with quick responses and very knowledgeable to help us troubleshoot and get things set up when we started the service. Overall, we are thankful and grateful for this service and support team.

We provide 24/7 streaming to a wide audience internationally as well as in the USA. We had a streaming provider that began to be too costly for what we did as a non-profit organization. So in our search for a better provider, we found DaCast to be the best solution for our needs at a great rate. With flexible plans based on bandwidth, and the ability to make unlimited events, for us, this works great! Now we can continue to make our 24/7 streaming available to our audience thanks to DaCast.

The only thing we did not like was that DaCast did not have their own broadcaster box to connect to our Sony Camera to stream directly from our camera to the live event. We had to use our computer to stream and eventually found a third party broadcasting box solution that integrates with DaCast streaming service.

Antwort von DaCast

Hello Lawrence! It is great to read your review, I really appreciate the fact that you have a full use of our 24/7 support. DaCast will keep on supporting you and provide you with a scalable solution at the best prices! Best streaming.

Luca M.
videographer in Italien
Rundfunkmedien, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Dacast user review

Kommentare: We usually use Dacast for our streaming service in the equestrian competition. We found this service very affordable since the first time. We have never had problems with service interruptions, which is very important to guarantee good live streaming services.

Easy to set up. Stable and safe even in intensive use.

we would like more development in the off-line part of the software

Antwort von DaCast

Hi Luca! Thanks a lot for your comment. We will do our best to build our offline services in the future with our soon to be out new app!

Donald E.
Worship and Technology Department in USA
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Good product, good tech support, only adequate secondary programming support of the service

5 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: The overall useability of the service is very good, however the programmers need to take issues more seriously and get them corrected. It is very frustrating to have to check every Sunday to see if there is enough room for a recording to take place.

The ease of use, straight forward website and stream programming functions

When we signed up for Dacast the website worked great but then after a few months Dacast went through a full website redesign. After that I have had problems with the website tracking how much space our recordings are taking up. It has been about a year and the problem is still not fully resolved. The website does not track our recordings correctly. I counts a recording and deducts the size of the recording from our allotted space however it will not deduct that space when I have deleted the recording from their storage thus stopping the system from allowing a recording to be saved. Almost ever Sunday for over a year I have had to contact tech support to clear our storage so a recording can take place. I know this is a software issue however it should not take this long to correct the problem.

Ignacio R.
Streamer in Chile
Telekommunikation, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

reliable system, never had a transmission break

5 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: the best thing it has is its reliability and that makes a huge difference with other services, compared to vimeo the value is higher... but vimeo has also suffered worldwide outages. In a professional environment it is the most reliable service

easy to use and integration in a landing page

has no a multibitrate like youtube or vimeo, the multibitrate it´s manual

Lann P.
Minister of Music in USA

Best deal I’ve found

5 vor 3 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: Love it. Easy to use system even for beginners. COVID forced us into a crash course in live streaming our weekly services and Dacast was easy to setup and bring online. Dacast is very reasonably priced since we just needed a single site stream feed for a small number of viewers. We don’t use the recording option. Pairs well with OBS and OBS lists Dacast now in their stream provider options list. Flawless performance for a year now.

The price can’t be beat for what we needed. Serves our minimalist utilization. Super fast tech support.

As a novice user, the analytics are confusing. But it’s not a deal breaker.

Donny A.
Network Technician in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Best bang for your dollar

5 letzten Monat Neu

Easy to use, customer support 24x7 and no advertisements.

I’ve had a few issues with lag on livestream, however most often it works as expected. I know they are currently in the process of upgrading this though.

Robert M.
Station Manager in USA
Rundfunkmedien, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Seamless Integration with Reliable Performance

5 vor 3 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: COVID nearly killed our performance hall. The move to virtual and now to live& virtual has been highly profitable and has increased our audience numbers and loyalty. We are also very impressed with tech support, they are knowledgeable, quick to respond, and most of all, patient with those of us who are new to live streaming.

We broadcast live events to over 100+ virtual ticket holders. Errors, glitches and dropped feeds would not be tolerated and result in numerous ticket refunds. In the several years we have used and relied on Dacast there has been 100% uptime with not one error or dropped feed. Our virtual audience loves the reliability.

Testing the feed is not very intuitive. However, since the reliability is so strong we have learned to trust that everything is right on performance night.