Overall, a Very Good Organization with Excellent Customer Service

Bewertet am 20.11.2018
Stu S.
Producer/Host
Unterhaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I am very happy with the streaming quality and the reliability now that they have most of the issues worked out. It is the best value for the money spent and I expect to remain with DaCast as long as my programming continues to stream on the Internet.

Vorteile: The pricing structure is probably the best thing about DaCast. It's affordable (unlike many of their competitors), and their customer service is top notch. My rep usually gets back to me within an hour after I e-mail him, and their tech support people are always available to chat regardless of the time...and they are very helpful. If they can't resolve a problem, they send it to their higher-ups and it gets taken care of pretty quickly.

Nachteile: Some of the CDNs have buffering issues depending on where they are, but they seem to have repaired these over the past few months. The analytics reports have also been a problem in the past, but they too seem to have been remedied of late. The PPV on demand interface is a bit cumbersome and difficult for some non-tech-savvy customers of mine to navigate. That would be the only issue I wish DaCast could simplify...it's a really big deal to log in once an account has been created and they don't allow for users to change their passwords - if forgotten, DaCast issues them a randomly-generated new one and they are difficult to remember. I also don't like the fact that clients must wait until an accumulation of $100 or more via PPV sales is reached before they can transfer funds from DaCast...and the first transaction takes 35 days. That is ridiculous.

von DaCast an 29.11.2018

Hello Stu, thanks a lot for your review, and thank you even more for your comment, we are always eager to improve and will consider it!
Happy streaming.

Great people. Great service.

Bewertet am 21.6.2019
Jason H.
Unterhaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We needed the ability to allow our entire user base to be able to upload video game performance videos directly into the service. This means many thousands of different people from anywhere in the world, with incredibly large video uploads. We were able to accomplish this. There is nothing more to say.

Vorteile: Bottom line is that it works. It's consistent. It's straightforward. The support available is prompt, understanding and interested in supplying the best product and service they can.

Nachteile: I have no complaints. The software and company have completely met my expectations. I am not exaggerating.

von DaCast an 25.7.2019

Hi Jason! Thanks a lot for your review. We are so pleased to keep on working with you and will definitely keep on serving you for many more adventures!

Best Service Available

Bewertet am 4.10.2018
Kent G.
Onlinemedien, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I've checked out virtually all other services. They all have their pros and cons but I've found DaCast has far fewer cons. Pricing is the biggest difference. DaCast is actually affordable for any kind of broadcast and combining that with the solid reliability puts DaCast way ahead of the rest. We continue to check the other services, as the years go by, but we keep coming back to DaCast. There's just no reason to go anyplace else.

Vorteile: We don't broadcast often, but when we do, we need to know that our CDN is solid with little chance of dropping. DaCast has proven their reliability, to us. We started with them when they first came on-line. Back then, there were little hickups as would be expected. In my opinion, DaCast is superior in every way to all other similar services. We did a week long broadcast recently, and had zero drops! Those were 12 hour days and not one drop. That's amazing. Setup is easy and quick. I setup a new broadcast channel in about 10 minutes and was testing the broadcast. We use Wirecast and DaCast is simple to interface with it. Support is available via chat and is pretty quick to connect and help you. That's huge when you're in the middle of a broadcast and need help.

Nachteile: The only con is in setting up overage protection. You can select it, and it appears that you have it, but you might not actually have it and there's no way to know that you don't. Until you go over your allocated bandwidth.

von DaCast an 8.10.2018

Hi Kent,
we appreciate your review and it is always a pleasure to do business with you. Hopefully we can optimize the overage protection soon enough so your streaming experience becomes even better!
Talk to you soon.

A Great Streaming Solution

Bewertet am 1.5.2019
Lawrence F.
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We have had a great experience with DaCast streaming as a service. From our 24/7 streaming to our occasional LIVE event broadcasts, we find that DaCast helps to supply our needs for streaming to our audience. The customer support with DaCast has been excellent, with quick responses and very knowledgeable to help us troubleshoot and get things set up when we started the service. Overall, we are thankful and grateful for this service and support team.

Vorteile: We provide 24/7 streaming to a wide audience internationally as well as in the USA. We had a streaming provider that began to be too costly for what we did as a non-profit organization. So in our search for a better provider, we found DaCast to be the best solution for our needs at a great rate. With flexible plans based on bandwidth, and the ability to make unlimited events, for us, this works great! Now we can continue to make our 24/7 streaming available to our audience thanks to DaCast.

Nachteile: The only thing we did not like was that DaCast did not have their own broadcaster box to connect to our Sony Camera to stream directly from our camera to the live event. We had to use our computer to stream and eventually found a third party broadcasting box solution that integrates with DaCast streaming service.

von DaCast an 2.5.2019

Hello Lawrence! It is great to read your review, I really appreciate the fact that you have a full use of our 24/7 support. DaCast will keep on supporting you and provide you with a scalable solution at the best prices!
Best streaming.

I am very satisfied with Dacast

Bewertet am 17.11.2018
Kenfack A.
Engeneer IT
Rundfunkmedien, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: The service is very good, no issues, good qualities of video.

Nachteile: The service is only based on data consummed, it will be nice to also have a part of a service based on the numbers of users connected simultaneous. No promotion at the end of year like this.

von DaCast an 20.11.2018

Hi Kenfack,
Many thanks for your review. Have you tried our real time analytics feature that gives you the number of simultaneous views on your video content? Feel free to contact us if you mean something else, we would be happy to take your advice into account.
Talk to you soon!

Amazing platform

Bewertet am 5.5.2019
Dubravko A.
System IT Administrator
Rundfunkmedien, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I'm using it for 3 years now and I'm fully happy with DaCast! Value for money is the best that I was able to find, setting up only took few minutes and I'm using it for streaming TV program for 3 years without any problems.

Vorteile: Easy to use, affordable, stable and support is always ready to provide assistance

Nachteile: I would suggest only few modification on user interface (website) in order to have the most useful options in a single page.

von DaCast an 5.6.2019

Hi Dubravko!
Thanks a lot for your review, we all enjoy your support. Happy streaming!

The Pits TV

Jason G.
Motor Sport Commentator
Sport, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: DaCast has allowed us to deliver content to people from al over the world in a very reliable way. I had used another provider but they were short of terrible. Big ups to the team from DaCast!!!!!

Vorteile: We started using DaCast just over a year ago and I cannot fault the product for reliability and ease of use. I find the prior comments are a true reflection on just how good this product is. Its stable, its fast and it works very very well. We streamed over 40 events over the last year with no glitches or issues from our outside broadcast vehicle. We strongly recommend to the people who have not posted favorable comments to take a very close look at their set ups before tagging the blame to DaCast. Although I have used the online support, I found that their level of expertise is not ideal, but have brilliant contact.

Nachteile: the only concern I have is it really does require multiple currencies as dealing in U.S Dollars doesnt work to well where we are from. However, I understand that this is being worked on as we speak.

von DaCast an 26.9.2018

Thank you Jason for this review, we will let you know as soon as multiple currencies is available. Talk to you soon!

Happy Broadcaster!!!

Bewertet am 3.5.2019
Michael M.
Rundfunkmedien, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Over all since signing up with Dacast my business has grown, I have more options and my personal wireless software works excellent

Vorteile: The software allows me option in monetizing my streaming or PPV

Nachteile: Not much, but if there was an improvement I would say, “The Promo Code Process”
Simplify

von DaCast an 6.5.2019

Hey Michael!
Pleased to read your review. Thanks a lot, and be sure that we are taking your point about the promo-code! We will try to improve it in a recent future.
Happy streaming!

The whole package

Bewertet am 17.1.2019
Jostein L.
IT Coordinator
Sport, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We're streaming network cameras in a ski resort, live 24/7.

Vorteile: Intuitive controlpanels and very easy to set up with support for practically everything that streams. Dacast has had no downtime we can remember either. Customer support 24/7 and extremely helpful. The customer support went above and beyond for us one day helping us with encoder software, which they don't have to do.

Nachteile: There is a big gap between their low data plan and medium data plans, specifically something targeted at people who stream alot but doesnt monetize their streams.

von DaCast an 22.1.2019

Hi Jostein,

Thank you for your review. We have noted your comments about our different plans and we are going to make some changes this year on this.

Happy streaming!

Best Service Out There

Marie J.
Media Specialist
Bildungsmanagement, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The service has been great for our school. We are able to broadcast seamlessly our morning announcements. Our teachers are happy and the students are enjoying the news in the morning.

Vorteile: What I liked the most about this service was the ease to install and daily use. Program dashboard is clear and easy to understand.

Nachteile: Very little that is bad. Sometimes maybe only 3-4 times in the 2years I've had the software or service has it not streamed successfully.

von DaCast an 19.11.2018

Thank you very much Marie for your review, we are very happy to contribute to the well-being of your teachers and students.

There Are Better Simpler Products Out There

Bewertet am 5.2.2019
Actress. Arts Educator. Activist.
Bildungsmanagement, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Too much time/resources spent for the value. Would not recommend.

Vorteile: I liked the fact that DaCast allows streamers to add a Paywall option.

Nachteile: The software is advanced and requires additional downloads. Not very user friendly. If you're testing the free trial, don't even try to add a PayWall option. There is no payout option. Payouts are only provided for subscription customers. Was too complicated for our teams budget. We would get the same desired effect using more Audience-Friendly platforms (Facebook Live, Livestream). Have tested other options, and this was by far the most complex with the least benefit.

von DaCast an 15.2.2019

Hello anonymous reviewer!
I am very concerned about your review, as I do not believe you have spent enough time on our platform (our free trial being only 30 days) to get a hold on it.
For your information: unfortunately we do not have a payout option for our free trials, that is mainly to prevent frauds. As a free trial is by its essence, free, we cannot take the risk of people streaming and making pay for a fraudulent content without our approval! Hope you understand :)

Also, not true, DaCast is a 100% SAAS software and you do not require any additional download.

I would really enjoy understanding what you need the streaming for. As Facebook Live does not have a paywall feature, as Livestream is pricing more than we do (their paywall is costly and is an additional download), and as you look to have a tight budget, do not hesitate to give us your exact needs, so we can discuss it and see how we can help.

Best streaming!

Lowered video streaming costs and improved quality with DaCast

Bewertet am 14.12.2017
Erik S.
Manager, Broadcast Production & Operations
Medienproduktion, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Low cost video streaming solution

Vorteile: The cost of DaCast is much lower than other video streaming CDNs. Instead of a high monthly rate, we buy streaming data usage each year, and haven't gone over our data rate. For organizations that need a private streaming solution, DaCast is a great option.

Nachteile: The delay is higher than with YouTube. We experience about a 45 second delay on the roundtrip from our encoder, up to the cloud, and back to the streaming player. For most things we do, this hasn't been a problem, just something to be aware of.

von DaCast an 15.12.2017

Hi Erik,
Thank you for your review, we enjoy doing business with you! Please note that we have a low latency streaming solution available (10s latency in average) starting Pro plans and above. Feel free to reach out to your account executive to discuss it if you're interested (we have on-going promos so that could be a good timing).
Have a great week end and talk to you soon.

Elise
Product & Marketing Manager

We love DaCast

Founder & CEO
Internet, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Their service is amazing. Always available when we need it.

Vorteile: DaCast has allowed our business to scale our live streaming needs to 100 schools across the state of Nebraska.

Nachteile: Nothing at the moment. Everything we've had issues with has been fixed immediately.

von DaCast an 3.10.2018

Thank you Taylor! Always a pleasure to work with you :)

A great partner to work with!

Bewertet am 9.1.2019
Product Marketing Manager
Internet, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Best value for the money. Kudos to the great team.

Vorteile: A dedicated team who is working hard on making life easier for the content owners.
They offer a very simple and intuitive platform where you can easily start streaming your event or video across all platforms and devices. The integrated Paywall is another plus as you can start monetizing your content in no time.
Last but not least their pricing structure is straight forward and flexible enough so that can be used by everyone, from very small publishers to big clients who have daily live streams with a big audience who expect nothing but the best in quality.

Nachteile: Can’t think of any since their support team is doing a great job in helping with any issues a client comes through.

von DaCast an 10.1.2019

Happy to read this review, our team is working hard to help our customers 24/7 :)

Good solution for any TV channel

Bewertet am 26.9.2018
David S.
Rundfunkmedien, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall I’m happy

Vorteile: Easy and fast setup. And also affordable prices.

Nachteile: Sometimes difficult to login to watch, if system is on subscription based video.

von DaCast an 28.9.2018

Thank you for your review David!
Regarding our subscription system, we are currently upgrading it so you should have a good surprise very soon :)

Best video streaming experience

Bewertet am 30.12.2018
Anant A.
Sr software engineer

Kommentare: The overall experience is amazing and I will refer others..one of the best thing it is very reasonable and value for money

Vorteile: Backend has various facilities and easy to use as per admin prospective whereas streaming is very fast and happy with the performance

Nachteile: I don't find anything,we need to think again

von DaCast an 3.1.2019

Hi Anant,
Thank you for your review, happy to read it and to keep working with you on the growth of your business. Happy streaming !

DaCast Web Conferencing Review

Phill K.
Deacon
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall it's positive and worth the small amount we're paying - We like the ability to embed, customize, and analyze that a "free" service wouldn't provide.

Vorteile: It is easy to use and setup. The real-time data feedback is helpful during streaming as well. Customization players and making it easy to embed on our website has given a good end user experience.

Nachteile: Clients sometimes randomly drop connection on Sunday AM services, but some still stay connected.
Possibly not enough storage space with our plan so may have to store recorded services elsewhere or delete old ones.

von DaCast an 20.11.2018

Hi Phill,
We are grateful to hear you're happy with our services. If you have any additional suggestions that would improve your experience, please share them with our support team and we will take them into account. Happy streaming!

A great service at a competitive price

Giuseppe L.
Amministratore unico
Verlagswesen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: DaCast is definitely the ideal solution for those who want to do serious streaming, has an infinite number of solutions, assistance is excellent, and I've never had a problem, uploading videos is very simple, create a live channel too. Recommended

Nachteile: Sometimes I notice that loading the control panel is slow

von DaCast an 25.9.2018

Thank you Giuseppe, it is always a pleasure to work with you.

Good techno and support

Bewertet am 24.9.2018
Pierre-henri T.

Vorteile: Dacast is a robust and scalable solution, which in our case allows us to ensure high quality webinars. The most important point for our team is the technical support, because we made custom developments, so we often asked questions to the Dacast team.

Nachteile: we are using an encoder to run Dacast. this encoder proves to be relatively complicated to manipulate.

von DaCast an 3.10.2018

Thank you Pierre-Henri for your review.
Please let us know which encoder you use so we can see if we have any additional material that could help you. Talk to you soon!

Successfully been using the platform for several years now as value-add service to my clients

Bewertet am 4.4.2018
Julia I.
Event/Conference Organizer
Eventservice, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Increased client satisfaction

Vorteile: As someone new to live streaming events nearly 3 years ago, I found Dacast to be the right tool to help me on my learning curve. It's easy to implement and their customer service (chat only for our plan, but responsive and helpful) has been indispensable. I now work with clients to get their events and content broadcast live and it been a win-win for my small business.

Nachteile: As a small business with no streaming experience, the initial set-up required a bit of homework on my part to understand different components of the process. Though not available when I was getting started, their blog posts from recent years help fill in those gaps that others might have.

Solid live streaming solution which could be easier to use

Bewertet am 25.4.2019
Technical Account Manager
Onlinemedien, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Could be a great solution for many organizations looking for an HTML 5 device agnostic solutions that offers low-latency streaming . The ability to add a paywall is very cool, but not something I tested in the trial or would use in my industry. But can see it being an amazing option for webinar creators.

Nachteile: Being a live streaming profession this wasn't much of an issue for me, but the software is not something I suggest for a newer streamer. Or at least it will take some time to get used to it. I tested it when evaluating other streaming platforms and there are certainly more convenient and easier to use solutions.

von DaCast an 26.4.2019

Hello dear user!
Thank you your very professional point! It is great to hear that. We also are taking your "Cons" point in consideration as we are currently working on a future and better User Experience for our platform!
Thanks a lot.

Good Product

Bewertet am 16.10.2018
David C.
COO
Medienproduktion, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We offer streaming now even though there's not as much call for it as we had hoped.

Vorteile: What I enjoy most about DaCast is simply that ti works as promised. We had not glitches the first time we used it, even though we purchased it and used it less than 24 hours after the purchase.

Nachteile: I had to use 3rd party software to make it work. An all in one type of system would have been nice.

Hi David.
Many thanks for your review! We always appreciate it.
Happy streaming to you!

We work with Dacast for over a Year sadly the streaming is poor now

Bewertet am 23.7.2018
Alejandro L.
Webmaster

Kommentare: Few months ago it was really great but lately the streaming service has been decreasing in quality.

Vorteile: Excelent Support, nice platform and easy to understand, great features that can be a really good tool.

Nachteile: Even with all of the features the streaming experience has been so poor lately, for that price you expect stability and quality transmission but none of that happens. If you are looking for stability reliability and quality, sadly this is not the option for you right now. There are another options for less price that covers all of those needs.

von DaCast an 27.7.2018

Hi Alejandro,
It is unfortunate that you did not contact your account executive or our 24/7 support team to report your issue as we have no record of it.
We would have been very happy to help and solve your issue. It is too bad that you will not get a chance to try out our new features coming up but if you change your mind, let us know and we will make sure you can try all of them.
Good luck with your future streaming events!

Church stream

Jeremy W.
Pastor
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Pretty good!

Vorteile: Fairly easy to install and operate the system.

Nachteile: Seems stream is not always reliable for watchers.

Hello Jeremy.
Thanks a lot for your review. We will be happy to offer you support any time your viewers are struggling!
Best streaming to you.

Feature rich platform

Bewertet am 8.5.2019
Michael W.
Entrepreneur
Medienproduktion, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Affordable and has all the features I needed to expand my business model

Nachteile: in the beginning, support was limited but has greatly improved.

von DaCast an 9.5.2019

Hello Michael! Thanks a lot for your review, we will keep working on our support so can keep seeing an improvement!