Reliable and easy to use

John C.
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We use it extensively to stream weekly tutorials, as well as live feed conferences and events. Overall, our experience has been very positive and you can quickly talk to a real persona if you get stuck or something´s not working.

Vorteile: Dacast is a solid streaming platform backed by an excellent support team which have helped me sort out configuration and integration into our e-learning platforms. I also like the fact that it´s highly customizable and integrates well into OBS studio and HTML pages, as well as Facebook. All in all, the quality/value for money ratio is well worth it.

Nachteile: The latency is annoying (can be up to 15 secondes) and the upgrade payment to eliminate it is really too expensive.

von DaCast an 15.10.2019

Hi John! Thanks a lot for your comments, we take the point on the pricing. We are always trying to find cheaper solutions to put on the market, we will announce it if we have anything new on this!

A great alternative for broadcasting

Gandhi B.
Webmaster
Unterhaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Almost a year broadcasting, working just fine on a daily basis.

Vorteile: The great variety of settings you have to get the image do you need. The price it's also great for my needs.

Nachteile: In my case, the learning curve. I was not familiar with this kind of broadcasting.

von DaCast an 15.10.2019

Hello Gandhi! Thanks a lot for your comment, glad to hear you use our services every day. We take the point on the learning curve: it is important for us to get people to live easily, but it can be sometimes harder than expected.

Dacast user review

Bewertet am 21.10.2019
Luca M.
videographer
Rundfunkmedien, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We usually use Dacast for our streaming service in the equestrian competition. We found this service very affordable since the first time. We have never had problems with service interruptions, which is very important to guarantee good live streaming services.

Vorteile: Easy to set up. Stable and safe even in intensive use.

Nachteile: we would like more development in the off-line part of the software

von DaCast an 13.12.2019

Hi Luca! Thanks a lot for your comment. We will do our best to build our offline services in the future with our soon to be out new app!

There Are Better Simpler Products Out There

Bewertet am 5.2.2019
Actress. Arts Educator. Activist.
Bildungsmanagement, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Too much time/resources spent for the value. Would not recommend.

Vorteile: I liked the fact that DaCast allows streamers to add a Paywall option.

Nachteile: The software is advanced and requires additional downloads. Not very user friendly. If you're testing the free trial, don't even try to add a PayWall option. There is no payout option. Payouts are only provided for subscription customers. Was too complicated for our teams budget. We would get the same desired effect using more Audience-Friendly platforms (Facebook Live, Livestream). Have tested other options, and this was by far the most complex with the least benefit.

von DaCast an 15.2.2019

Hello anonymous reviewer!
I am very concerned about your review, as I do not believe you have spent enough time on our platform (our free trial being only 30 days) to get a hold on it.
For your information: unfortunately we do not have a payout option for our free trials, that is mainly to prevent frauds. As a free trial is by its essence, free, we cannot take the risk of people streaming and making pay for a fraudulent content without our approval! Hope you understand :)

Also, not true, DaCast is a 100% SAAS software and you do not require any additional download.

I would really enjoy understanding what you need the streaming for. As Facebook Live does not have a paywall feature, as Livestream is pricing more than we do (their paywall is costly and is an additional download), and as you look to have a tight budget, do not hesitate to give us your exact needs, so we can discuss it and see how we can help.

Best streaming!

Amazing platform

Bewertet am 5.5.2019
Dubravko A.
System IT Administrator
Rundfunkmedien, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I'm using it for 3 years now and I'm fully happy with DaCast! Value for money is the best that I was able to find, setting up only took few minutes and I'm using it for streaming TV program for 3 years without any problems.

Vorteile: Easy to use, affordable, stable and support is always ready to provide assistance

Nachteile: I would suggest only few modification on user interface (website) in order to have the most useful options in a single page.

von DaCast an 5.6.2019

Hi Dubravko!
Thanks a lot for your review, we all enjoy your support. Happy streaming!

Great Product

Bewertet am 14.10.2019
Barry K.
Medienproduktion, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: DaCast is easy to use and provides a great, dependable and very stable stream for my online TV station.

Nachteile: Does not provide a schedulable 24/7 playout for setting up a traditional TV-style station

von DaCast an 22.11.2019

Hey Barry! Happy to read that, thanks a lot for your comment! We take the comment for the TV style playout

Dacast Review

Bewertet am 24.10.2019
Steven F.
Technology Facilitator
E-Learning, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We have a strong arts program with a number of live performances throughout the year. We stream those events to family friends and relatives of our students who live too far away to attend. The streams have been well received, and offers a unique opportunity for our more technically oriented students to be involved with the productions in a different way.

Vorteile: The online video presentation was was very good and simple to access by our viewers. Also, because we have a limited hardware budget, it was important that Dacast archived the stream as it was broadcast, so that we could pick it up later for post-production and sharing with the school community.

Nachteile: Setting up the connection was a little tricky, and the preview window opens by default with the sound muted which led me to believe there was a problem when there wasn't.

von DaCast an 13.12.2019

Thank you Steven for your experience. It is definitely an important comment! We'll look into how to make the experience even better when you set up the platform! Best!

A great service for the price.

Ken W.
Audiovisual Technician
Staatsverwaltung, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: DaCast has been reliable and easy to use.

Vorteile: DaCast has a great price point for entry for an organization which needs reliable streaming, but doesn't anticipate using a huge amount of bandwidth.

Nachteile: The analytics are not very full featured.

Hi Ken,
Thank you very much for your review. We're happy that our platform answers your streaming needs. Regarding the analytics, please let us know what you would like to see and we can see if it is possible to implement it.

Dacast Works Great

Bewertet am 17.10.2019
Lance M.
Associate Pastor of Community Engagement
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We do not have to worry if our livestream will work each week. Dacast always comes through.

Vorteile: Dacast makes it easy for us to stream our worship services live. When we have a problem (which is very rare), the technical support staff are extremely helpful.

Nachteile: I have no complaints. Dacast works great for us.

von DaCast an 13.12.2019

Thanks a lot for your comment! It is so nice to read that our product works for you! That is our main goal and main desire!

Dacast is reliable

Bewertet am 15.10.2019
Aare J.
Producer
Versicherung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall experience is very good.

Vorteile: Dacast is reliable an easy to use. Customer support is excellent.

Nachteile: Sometimes real-time analytics do not work. Lack of integrated chat was one of the reasons i chose Vimeo at first.

von DaCast an 22.11.2019

Thanks Aare for your comment! We take the point for the integrated chat, and it is something we are working on!

Overall, a Very Good Organization with Excellent Customer Service

Bewertet am 20.11.2018
Stu S.
Producer/Host
Unterhaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I am very happy with the streaming quality and the reliability now that they have most of the issues worked out. It is the best value for the money spent and I expect to remain with DaCast as long as my programming continues to stream on the Internet.

Vorteile: The pricing structure is probably the best thing about DaCast. It's affordable (unlike many of their competitors), and their customer service is top notch. My rep usually gets back to me within an hour after I e-mail him, and their tech support people are always available to chat regardless of the time...and they are very helpful. If they can't resolve a problem, they send it to their higher-ups and it gets taken care of pretty quickly.

Nachteile: Some of the CDNs have buffering issues depending on where they are, but they seem to have repaired these over the past few months. The analytics reports have also been a problem in the past, but they too seem to have been remedied of late. The PPV on demand interface is a bit cumbersome and difficult for some non-tech-savvy customers of mine to navigate. That would be the only issue I wish DaCast could simplify...it's a really big deal to log in once an account has been created and they don't allow for users to change their passwords - if forgotten, DaCast issues them a randomly-generated new one and they are difficult to remember. I also don't like the fact that clients must wait until an accumulation of $100 or more via PPV sales is reached before they can transfer funds from DaCast...and the first transaction takes 35 days. That is ridiculous.

von DaCast an 29.11.2018

Hello Stu, thanks a lot for your review, and thank you even more for your comment, we are always eager to improve and will consider it!
Happy streaming.

Great people. Great service.

Bewertet am 21.6.2019
Jason H.
Unterhaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We needed the ability to allow our entire user base to be able to upload video game performance videos directly into the service. This means many thousands of different people from anywhere in the world, with incredibly large video uploads. We were able to accomplish this. There is nothing more to say.

Vorteile: Bottom line is that it works. It's consistent. It's straightforward. The support available is prompt, understanding and interested in supplying the best product and service they can.

Nachteile: I have no complaints. The software and company have completely met my expectations. I am not exaggerating.

von DaCast an 25.7.2019

Hi Jason! Thanks a lot for your review. We are so pleased to keep on working with you and will definitely keep on serving you for many more adventures!

Best Service Available

Bewertet am 4.10.2018
Kent G.
Onlinemedien, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I've checked out virtually all other services. They all have their pros and cons but I've found DaCast has far fewer cons. Pricing is the biggest difference. DaCast is actually affordable for any kind of broadcast and combining that with the solid reliability puts DaCast way ahead of the rest. We continue to check the other services, as the years go by, but we keep coming back to DaCast. There's just no reason to go anyplace else.

Vorteile: We don't broadcast often, but when we do, we need to know that our CDN is solid with little chance of dropping. DaCast has proven their reliability, to us. We started with them when they first came on-line. Back then, there were little hickups as would be expected. In my opinion, DaCast is superior in every way to all other similar services. We did a week long broadcast recently, and had zero drops! Those were 12 hour days and not one drop. That's amazing. Setup is easy and quick. I setup a new broadcast channel in about 10 minutes and was testing the broadcast. We use Wirecast and DaCast is simple to interface with it. Support is available via chat and is pretty quick to connect and help you. That's huge when you're in the middle of a broadcast and need help.

Nachteile: The only con is in setting up overage protection. You can select it, and it appears that you have it, but you might not actually have it and there's no way to know that you don't. Until you go over your allocated bandwidth.

von DaCast an 8.10.2018

Hi Kent,
we appreciate your review and it is always a pleasure to do business with you. Hopefully we can optimize the overage protection soon enough so your streaming experience becomes even better!
Talk to you soon.

Thanks

Bewertet am 18.9.2019
Joey P.
Volunteer
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It’s been a solid A. Phone support great even though I was on a free trial. Website has embedded livestream and I’m broadcasting on Periscope and Facebook every Sunday

Vorteile: The honesty of the website, I was asked to broadcast a livestream of our church services on a budget to embed on our website and social media. After reviewing several different outlets that claimed one thing and did not come through or require a credit card and wouldn’t disclose the price until you signed up for a free trial, I stumbled upon DaCast. The phone service was exceptional as I was stumped trying to find the right option the free trial didn’t require a credit card and now I have an exact dollar amount needed to complete the task

Nachteile: I wish there was an option with their own encoder. However they have worked with several other encoding software companies including OBS and the one I chose VMix to meet our needs

von DaCast an 15.10.2019

Thank you Joey, it is such a pleasure to read your review.
Please note that we do have our own encoder which is a customized version of OBS which allows you to do low latency streaming; if you want to try, we would be happy to let you. Happy streaming and talk to you soon!

A Great Streaming Solution

Bewertet am 1.5.2019
Lawrence F.
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We have had a great experience with DaCast streaming as a service. From our 24/7 streaming to our occasional LIVE event broadcasts, we find that DaCast helps to supply our needs for streaming to our audience. The customer support with DaCast has been excellent, with quick responses and very knowledgeable to help us troubleshoot and get things set up when we started the service. Overall, we are thankful and grateful for this service and support team.

Vorteile: We provide 24/7 streaming to a wide audience internationally as well as in the USA. We had a streaming provider that began to be too costly for what we did as a non-profit organization. So in our search for a better provider, we found DaCast to be the best solution for our needs at a great rate. With flexible plans based on bandwidth, and the ability to make unlimited events, for us, this works great! Now we can continue to make our 24/7 streaming available to our audience thanks to DaCast.

Nachteile: The only thing we did not like was that DaCast did not have their own broadcaster box to connect to our Sony Camera to stream directly from our camera to the live event. We had to use our computer to stream and eventually found a third party broadcasting box solution that integrates with DaCast streaming service.

von DaCast an 2.5.2019

Hello Lawrence! It is great to read your review, I really appreciate the fact that you have a full use of our 24/7 support. DaCast will keep on supporting you and provide you with a scalable solution at the best prices!
Best streaming.

I am very satisfied with Dacast

Bewertet am 17.11.2018
Kenfack A.
Engeneer IT
Rundfunkmedien, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: The service is very good, no issues, good qualities of video.

Nachteile: The service is only based on data consummed, it will be nice to also have a part of a service based on the numbers of users connected simultaneous. No promotion at the end of year like this.

von DaCast an 20.11.2018

Hi Kenfack,
Many thanks for your review. Have you tried our real time analytics feature that gives you the number of simultaneous views on your video content? Feel free to contact us if you mean something else, we would be happy to take your advice into account.
Talk to you soon!

Every streaming and hosting service should run as smoothly as Vzaar.

Bewertet am 12.3.2018
Drew C.
Unterhaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Ease of use. the software interface has a natural progression, instructions and samples in laymen's terms. In the years I have been using Vzaar, I can count on this software to deliver my needs to customers without fear of malfunctioning. Customer support is always knowledgable and reactive in a timely manner.

Nachteile: analytics could be a little more user friendly, and a trending function should be added. Software support should be 24/7

The Pits TV

Bewertet am 20.9.2018
Jason G.
Motor Sport Commentator
Sport, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: DaCast has allowed us to deliver content to people from al over the world in a very reliable way. I had used another provider but they were short of terrible. Big ups to the team from DaCast!!!!!

Vorteile: We started using DaCast just over a year ago and I cannot fault the product for reliability and ease of use. I find the prior comments are a true reflection on just how good this product is. Its stable, its fast and it works very very well. We streamed over 40 events over the last year with no glitches or issues from our outside broadcast vehicle. We strongly recommend to the people who have not posted favorable comments to take a very close look at their set ups before tagging the blame to DaCast. Although I have used the online support, I found that their level of expertise is not ideal, but have brilliant contact.

Nachteile: the only concern I have is it really does require multiple currencies as dealing in U.S Dollars doesnt work to well where we are from. However, I understand that this is being worked on as we speak.

von DaCast an 26.9.2018

Thank you Jason for this review, we will let you know as soon as multiple currencies is available. Talk to you soon!

Happy Broadcaster!!!

Bewertet am 3.5.2019
Michael M.
Rundfunkmedien, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Over all since signing up with Dacast my business has grown, I have more options and my personal wireless software works excellent

Vorteile: The software allows me option in monetizing my streaming or PPV

Nachteile: Not much, but if there was an improvement I would say, “The Promo Code Process”
Simplify

von DaCast an 6.5.2019

Hey Michael!
Pleased to read your review. Thanks a lot, and be sure that we are taking your point about the promo-code! We will try to improve it in a recent future.
Happy streaming!

Best customer service, never downtime, easy UX. THE best service we've used of the 10 we've tried.

Bewertet am 9.3.2018
Cory H.

Vorteile: It's actually better and cheaper than competitors. It works perfectly across ALL devices. And again - the customer service is unparalleled.

Nachteile: As they improve the service so often, there were two times it I had to change the BIT rate of our videos to play quickly when not on wifi. However, their service was excellent so it was always fixed quickly and easily. Not bad for four years of service!

The whole package

Bewertet am 17.1.2019
Jostein L.
IT Coordinator
Sport, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We're streaming network cameras in a ski resort, live 24/7.

Vorteile: Intuitive controlpanels and very easy to set up with support for practically everything that streams. Dacast has had no downtime we can remember either. Customer support 24/7 and extremely helpful. The customer support went above and beyond for us one day helping us with encoder software, which they don't have to do.

Nachteile: There is a big gap between their low data plan and medium data plans, specifically something targeted at people who stream alot but doesnt monetize their streams.

von DaCast an 22.1.2019

Hi Jostein,

Thank you for your review. We have noted your comments about our different plans and we are going to make some changes this year on this.

Happy streaming!

Best Service Out There

Bewertet am 16.11.2018
Marie J.
Media Specialist
Bildungsmanagement, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The service has been great for our school. We are able to broadcast seamlessly our morning announcements. Our teachers are happy and the students are enjoying the news in the morning.

Vorteile: What I liked the most about this service was the ease to install and daily use. Program dashboard is clear and easy to understand.

Nachteile: Very little that is bad. Sometimes maybe only 3-4 times in the 2years I've had the software or service has it not streamed successfully.

von DaCast an 19.11.2018

Thank you very much Marie for your review, we are very happy to contribute to the well-being of your teachers and students.

Excellent customer support! Cost, features, and support are the reasons to consider them.

Bewertet am 19.6.2018
Ken H.

Kommentare: I migrated away from Wistia (a fine company) to VZAAR. Why? Because VZAAR doesn't charge per video. I host over 400 smaller-sized videos and growing. That's a big bill at 25 cents per video at Wistia. So that was a "good enough" reason to change. But here's what I found in VZAAR that was a pleasant surprise during their free trial: AMAZINGLY EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SUPPORT. The chat support was phenomenal. The response times were excellent. They were patient as I learned and navigated their admittedly more complex UI. There are some things that Wistia (or others) may do slightly better. For now. But for SUPPORT... VZAAR wins the day. I highly recommend VZAAR to anyone looking for rock-solid hosting, fast performance, fair pricing, mature hosting features, and excellent support. Try them out for free for 30 days. You won't be disappointed.

Vorteile: Cost and features. Also, some of the best support I've ever received. Amazingly powerful and versatile.

Nachteile: The back-end UI is in need of updating. But once I got used to it, it was not a deal-killer at all. Don't let the initial appearance of the back-end scare you off.

DaCast Review

Bewertet am 14.10.2019
Raido S.
ceo

Kommentare: good

Vorteile: reliability of streaming out - usually no issues

Nachteile: not understanding, whats the max bitrate that could be used from input streams. Using 3 input streams, playing out them in player, 5mbps 3 mbps and 1 mbps, stuttering begins. Dropping the middle, 3mbps stream, makes all working fine again - so there must be some limits. Which sucks.

von DaCast an 15.10.2019

Hey Raido! Thanks a lot for your comment. It is great that you say that there are no issues with our services, even greater that you point out the max bitrate situation.
I suggest you take the time to ask our support, and if they are not sure about the answer, they will get a specialized engineer to answer you!

Lowered video streaming costs and improved quality with DaCast

Bewertet am 14.12.2017
Erik S.
Manager, Broadcast Production & Operations
Medienproduktion, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Low cost video streaming solution

Vorteile: The cost of DaCast is much lower than other video streaming CDNs. Instead of a high monthly rate, we buy streaming data usage each year, and haven't gone over our data rate. For organizations that need a private streaming solution, DaCast is a great option.

Nachteile: The delay is higher than with YouTube. We experience about a 45 second delay on the roundtrip from our encoder, up to the cloud, and back to the streaming player. For most things we do, this hasn't been a problem, just something to be aware of.

von DaCast an 15.12.2017

Hi Erik,
Thank you for your review, we enjoy doing business with you! Please note that we have a low latency streaming solution available (10s latency in average) starting Pro plans and above. Feel free to reach out to your account executive to discuss it if you're interested (we have on-going promos so that could be a good timing).
Have a great week end and talk to you soon.

Elise