Über Dacast

DaCast ist eine Self-Service-Broadcasting-Lösung. Sie ermöglicht sowohl Live- als auch On-Demand-Video-Streaming ohne Werbung und Website-Einbettung.

Erfahre mehr über Dacast

It works - but it didn't quite fit 100% of my needs, so the ability to talk to someone was ace.

VOD - recorded live streams have multiple 'holes' in them, most recordings have 10-20 minute holes missing in the recording.

Bewertungen zu Dacast

Dacast hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,4 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 228 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Dacast bereits verwendet?

Victor M
Victor M
MR in Mexiko
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

An excellent product that has it all; well, almost everything

Kommentare: I would summarize it as: Excellent provider, excellent service, excellent cost-benefit ratio. Excellent business partner

Very easy to use interface. Excellent seaworthiness. Excellent results and performance. Optimization of resources and transparency of information resources.

This is the only area of ​​opportunity that we find in the service. There are currently many plugins and add-ons that other providers can be added almost immediately. We are sure that the Dacast team will be able to work on these integrations soon. A specific example was the real-time CHAT service that should be optimized as soon as possible

Juan C
Minister in USA
Religiöse Einrichtungen, Selbstständig

Quick & Easy Setup for your Church

Kommentare: Overall, we have been using Dacast's Streaming Starter Package since July 2020 and have had zero issues. I am extremely pleased with the service and that our church members are able to watch Online, via Facebook and other Social Media, or by hosted page from our Website. Additionally,

I am new to Webcasting, and was apprehensive initially when deciding on a streaming service. However, once I tried Dacast and saw how simple, quick, and easy it was to use I was convinced. I love that we have the ability stream our church services and that Dacast works with OBS which is what we use to create our streams. Additionally, after streaming, we have the added capability of hosting our recording as a Video On Demand option for those that were not able to catch the live stream. Also, the other reason that I chose Dacast was that our streaming and video hosting service is not competing with millions of others on free or publicly accessible options. It does require an investment upfront (I am using the starter package) and have not run out of capacity nor has anybody that connects has filed any sort of complaints. This service functions as advertised and I think it is well worth the investment, especially for teams that are new to web .

Where I believe the product could use some improvements is on the Analytics area. I think that there should be some options or features that allow us to track specific users. In our case, I would love it if I could assign some sort of "Credential" or "ID" to users so that when they either watch online or watch "recordings", I could be able to track who where the users. There are other reports, hwo

Mark
Mark
Founder and Developer in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, Selbstständig

Expensive and outdated technology

2,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: We finally gave up using them in 2023, after nine years with the company.

We began using Dacast in 2014 when live streaming was something really unique.

Dacast has raised their prices, lowered their level of service and failed to keep up with latest technologies. The product seems to be a cash cow they are milking.

Gus
Multimedia Manager in USA
Restaurants, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

A Little Rough Around the Edges, but Fantastic Value for Money

Kommentare: Dacast helps our team keep focus and lets us fully control our content, while keeping videos private and only accessible to our team. I've been quiet pleased with how seamlessly we were able to integrate it into our training materials in the place of YouTube.

Dacast is a great platform for hosting and live streaming videos. You can control the style of the video player without any third party branding or recommended videos like YouTube has. It creates a lot more streamlined and focused viewing experience for employee training videos.

The overall polish of Dacast could be improved. Changes to video info isn't always saved the first time. Uploads don't always finish uploading the first time. Processing to full HD quality can take a while too. The product works well overall, but it could use that extra bit of fine tuning.

jason
Unterhaltung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great people. Great service.

Kommentare: We needed the ability to allow our entire user base to be able to upload video game performance videos directly into the service. This means many thousands of different people from anywhere in the world, with incredibly large video uploads. We were able to accomplish this. There is nothing more to say.

Bottom line is that it works. It's consistent. It's straightforward. The support available is prompt, understanding and interested in supplying the best product and service they can.

I have no complaints. The software and company have completely met my expectations. I am not exaggerating.

Antwort von DaCast

Hi Jason! Thanks a lot for your review. We are so pleased to keep on working with you and will definitely keep on serving you for many more adventures!

Martin
Director in UK
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Live Streaming

Kommentare: Overall a very positive experience and has transformed our business, especially through the Pandemic.
We had a glitch earler this year with the payment account and this was ironed out very quickly and efficiently :)

Reliability and ease of use. Works with no fuss and the if there is ever a problem the online help is very effective.

No issues whatsoever. I was sceptical about the online help, but this has turned out to be very good indeed.

Niklas
IT Technician in Österreich
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, Selbstständig

Streaming without copyright hassle

Kommentare: Dacast did work for our events and the support team took one's best to care about us buying the right plan. Yet we try to move our viewers to move to a traditional platform and deal with copyright infringement beforehand. With 15k viewers bandwidth goes like nothing.

Dacast is easy to use and does work for any stream that has to deal with copyright infringement and similar issues on traditional streaming platforms. The mix of advance-payment and subscription is ideal for repeated streaming with small audience.

Bandwidth gets very expensive very fast especially when streaming for a great audience. Mind your projects beforehand and do the math with included stream calculator. Also there is no way to verify the spent bandwidth since you will not receive any logs.

Medienproduktion, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Works as expected

Kommentare: Very good so far, as I said befor low latancy and easy to use.

low latancy, easy to use. Works really well, never had a critical problem.

Sometimes the user interface needs some fixing

Mykea
Mykea
Technical Support Analyst in USA
Computer-Software, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Awesome platform better price than Vimeo but wasn’t our best fit

Pricing & storage was the biggest attraction point for our ends.

Bandwidth cost became a concern due to viewership integrating with the software we were using.

Ashley
Ashley
Operations Coordinator in USA
Think-Tanks, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Excellent entry-level introduction to Live Streaming behind a paywall

Kommentare: We were able to offer live videos of our event to out of town guests at a cost where our in person guests wouldn't have been offended and try our a new service that we could benefit from a good ROI.

This was my organizations first time trying to profit off of a live-stream and the paywall feature DaCast offers was the perfect fit. They have the ability to social share to Facebook and Twitter as well as embed the videos into our own website! Customer service is always available and promptly responds when I was setting up the account.

The videos were sometimes slow to load. Setting up the channel to save or download the videos after were also not very clear and ultimately resulted in us losing one video.

Antwort von DaCast

Thank you Ashley for your review. Happy to read it. We are taking your feedback into consideration for our upcoming upgraded video platform. Have a nice weekend!

Katie
marketing director in USA
Immobilien, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Dacast Review

Kommentare: Customer service is great.

Very easy to use and affordable. We needed a site to host video for internal company trainings.

In order to avoid buffering (could be an issue with how our video is being recorded) i have to pull the video first in Handbrake and re-code. Although very easy.

Stu
Producer/Host in USA

Overall, a Very Good Organization with Excellent Customer Service

Kommentare: I am very happy with the streaming quality and the reliability now that they have most of the issues worked out. It is the best value for the money spent and I expect to remain with DaCast as long as my programming continues to stream on the Internet.

The pricing structure is probably the best thing about DaCast. It's affordable (unlike many of their competitors), and their customer service is top notch. My rep usually gets back to me within an hour after I e-mail him, and their tech support people are always available to chat regardless of the time...and they are very helpful. If they can't resolve a problem, they send it to their higher-ups and it gets taken care of pretty quickly.

Some of the CDNs have buffering issues depending on where they are, but they seem to have repaired these over the past few months. The analytics reports have also been a problem in the past, but they too seem to have been remedied of late. The PPV on demand interface is a bit cumbersome and difficult for some non-tech-savvy customers of mine to navigate. That would be the only issue I wish DaCast could simplify...it's a really big deal to log in once an account has been created and they don't allow for users to change their passwords - if forgotten, DaCast issues them a randomly-generated new one and they are difficult to remember. I also don't like the fact that clients must wait until an accumulation of $100 or more via PPV sales is reached before they can transfer funds from DaCast...and the first transaction takes 35 days. That is ridiculous.

Antwort von DaCast

Hello Stu, thanks a lot for your review, and thank you even more for your comment, we are always eager to improve and will consider it! Happy streaming.

Nicola
Managing Director in USA

Best video streaming software

Kommentare: We have been using DaCast and its software to stream video for 10 years and never had an issue. Our website has a video stream that runs 24/7 and includes both live and recorded video. During that 10 years of constant streaming we have only had 3 technical issues that stopped the stream and each time the issue was resolved immediately. The set up is extremely easy and if assistance is need the customer service team is very responsive and helpful.

The quality of the stream is very high and the backend design is intuitive and easy to navigate. The software is easy to install, set up and use. If help is need the customer support team is terrific and available to help. The ability to monetize the stream is easy and has many options which is very important for our company as we do "ticketed" live events.

There is nothing I dislike, which is why we have been customers for 10 years.

Bildungsmanagement, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

There Are Better Simpler Products Out There

Kommentare: Too much time/resources spent for the value. Would not recommend.

I liked the fact that DaCast allows streamers to add a Paywall option.

The software is advanced and requires additional downloads. Not very user friendly. If you're testing the free trial, don't even try to add a PayWall option. There is no payout option. Payouts are only provided for subscription customers. Was too complicated for our teams budget. We would get the same desired effect using more Audience-Friendly platforms (Facebook Live, Livestream). Have tested other options, and this was by far the most complex with the least benefit.

Antwort von DaCast

Hello anonymous reviewer! I am very concerned about your review, as I do not believe you have spent enough time on our platform (our free trial being only 30 days) to get a hold on it. For your information: unfortunately we do not have a payout option for our free trials, that is mainly to prevent frauds. As a free trial is by its essence, free, we cannot take the risk of people streaming and making pay for a fraudulent content without our approval! Hope you understand :) Also, not true, DaCast is a 100% SAAS software and you do not require any additional download. I would really enjoy understanding what you need the streaming for. As Facebook Live does not have a paywall feature, as Livestream is pricing more than we do (their paywall is costly and is an additional download), and as you look to have a tight budget, do not hesitate to give us your exact needs, so we can discuss it and see how we can help. Best streaming!

Larry
Rundfunkmedien, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Lot of investment

Kommentare: You guys need to realize that if we have trouble using your program we fail our customers and they will not hire us. Our customers ARE Your customers. If we fail you fail I would check to when most of your streaming happens. I’m gonna guess the weekends and nights. So when do you offer support? I be never gotten you when I needed you the most and it had cost me business. People are already suspicious of streaming and I have to use all the elite features or I can’t separate from Facebook streamers. Most importantly they must be easy to use.

The layers are good. It follows logic. The audio is a bit confusing.

There are so many variables that you have to be Very good problem solver and completely knowledgeable about product and how third party interacts

Antwort von DaCast

Hello Larry, thank you for leaving a review! We are always trying to find ways to improve our platform and make it more user friendly. Could you please let me know what it is specifically that you are finding challenging so I may be able to further assist you? Thank you!

Robert
Station Manager in USA
Rundfunkmedien, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Seamless Integration with Reliable Performance

Kommentare: COVID nearly killed our performance hall. The move to virtual and now to live& virtual has been highly profitable and has increased our audience numbers and loyalty. We are also very impressed with tech support, they are knowledgeable, quick to respond, and most of all, patient with those of us who are new to live streaming.

We broadcast live events to over 100+ virtual ticket holders. Errors, glitches and dropped feeds would not be tolerated and result in numerous ticket refunds. In the several years we have used and relied on Dacast there has been 100% uptime with not one error or dropped feed. Our virtual audience loves the reliability.

Testing the feed is not very intuitive. However, since the reliability is so strong we have learned to trust that everything is right on performance night.

Dubravko
System IT Administrator in Kroatien
Rundfunkmedien, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Amazing platform

Kommentare: I'm using it for 3 years now and I'm fully happy with DaCast! Value for money is the best that I was able to find, setting up only took few minutes and I'm using it for streaming TV program for 3 years without any problems.

Easy to use, affordable, stable and support is always ready to provide assistance

I would suggest only few modification on user interface (website) in order to have the most useful options in a single page.

Antwort von DaCast

Hi Dubravko! Thanks a lot for your review, we all enjoy your support. Happy streaming!

Willie
Head Elder in Neuseeland
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Live Streaming

Kommentare: We began live streaming since September 1, 2012 and the Support Team from Dacast has been very helpful in assisting us to set this project successfully. We have not experience much problems and recently we have some problems with our encoder and the support team quickly fixed this for us. Dacast will be our software provider for years to come.

Easily embedded into our Website and APP. Dacast allows us to use OBS for streaming which is free and we pay Dacast a few hundred dollars per annum which is extremely cheap compared with other providers.

We have no complains about the software.

Cory
CEO in USA

Best customer service, never downtime, easy UX. THE best service we've used of the 10 we've tried.

It's actually better and cheaper than competitors. It works perfectly across ALL devices. And again - the customer service is unparalleled.

As they improve the service so often, there were two times it I had to change the BIT rate of our videos to play quickly when not on wifi. However, their service was excellent so it was always fixed quickly and easily. Not bad for four years of service!

Marie
Media Specialist in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Best Service Out There

Kommentare: The service has been great for our school. We are able to broadcast seamlessly our morning announcements. Our teachers are happy and the students are enjoying the news in the morning.

What I liked the most about this service was the ease to install and daily use. Program dashboard is clear and easy to understand.

Very little that is bad. Sometimes maybe only 3-4 times in the 2years I've had the software or service has it not streamed successfully.

Antwort von DaCast

Thank you very much Marie for your review, we are very happy to contribute to the well-being of your teachers and students.

Tony

Great Service

Kommentare: it has been a great experience

easy to set up and to live stream. and like that it saves the video for on deman

sometimes connection with my live stream while using multiple streaming platforms

Sarah
Media Director in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Works Great for Our Small Church

It makes it easy to stream with our copyright license without worrying about copyright flags that Facebook and YouTube have in place.

We wanted to use it with PropPresenter's built in stream set up but we couldn't get the programs to play nice so we use OBS. We already had to write a little bit of code to get the player to embed properly on our website but that may just be a Squarespace problem not Dacast's fault.

Angela
Co-Owner in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Ease of use at an affordable price

Dacast is very easy to implement across all our different websites and on all of our devices. And their customer support is always there if you need assistance.

I would like a way to see if a live stream is active on the dashboard under the Live Streams. And I would like to be able to setup users to have access to their live streams recordings only.

Alejandro
Webmaster in Guatemala

We work with Dacast for over a Year sadly the streaming is poor now

Kommentare: Few months ago it was really great but lately the streaming service has been decreasing in quality.

Excelent Support, nice platform and easy to understand, great features that can be a really good tool.

Even with all of the features the streaming experience has been so poor lately, for that price you expect stability and quality transmission but none of that happens. If you are looking for stability reliability and quality, sadly this is not the option for you right now. There are another options for less price that covers all of those needs.

Antwort von DaCast

Hi Alejandro, It is unfortunate that you did not contact your account executive or our 24/7 support team to report your issue as we have no record of it. We would have been very happy to help and solve your issue. It is too bad that you will not get a chance to try out our new features coming up but if you change your mind, let us know and we will make sure you can try all of them. Good luck with your future streaming events!

Giovanni
CTO in Brasilien
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great Live Streaming/OTP Platform

Ease of use, support, features, price, stability, quality of the service.

Not really at all, maybe the low latency streaming could be aprimorated.