Used to love them

Bewertet am 15.10.2018
Co-Owner
Bau, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Used to be amazing, don't know if they sold or what but now it's awful.

Vorteile: We have used Nextraq since since 2011. Their product and customer service was out of this world in the beginning! I even wrote a recommendation in a publication for them. A few years ago our normal representative was replaced. I can't count how many reps we've had since then. The product itself still works fine, but even just getting some troubleshooting done, a new install, or a billing questioned solved takes an act of Congress. Everytime I speak to my assigned rep, it's like a brand new day and the past 6 weeks of us having issues just doesn't exist. I will never recommend them again.

Nachteile: Problems don't get resolved in a timely manner. No one really seems to care if you get helped or not.

OK Product / Awful Customer Service

Bewertet am 14.6.2019
Brian P.
General Manager
Bau, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall poor experience. We still pay for the contracts that we are stuck in and have switched to a different fleet tracking software due to the complete lack of customer service. The software itself is fine other than the fact that the maps do not have the correct speed limits so the speeding/driver reports are virtually useless. Yet another issue that we tried to resolve with them and received no help.

Vorteile: Software is pretty user friendly and allowed us to quickly track our fleet. Great for determining which one of our crews can respond quickly to new jobs.

Nachteile: Customer service is absolutely awful and the company is virtually unresponsive to any request other than adding more units. Contracts auto renew for 3 years unless you mail in termination requests. An unnecessary, cumbersome process clearly designed to keep you trapped. We mailed in termination requests and received no acknowledgement from NexTraq. They have continued to over bill us for 6+ months. We were finally able to speak with someone after we stopped paying them and she assured that everything would be taken care. Not only have they not corrected the situation, they continue to send aggressive past due bill reminders.

Good functionality & features, bad customer service/plans

Bewertet am 17.6.2019
Alex P.
Operations
Druck, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: This product has worked well for us for the duration of us using it over the past 5+ years. However, they are updating the equipment that goes in the vehicles to allow tracking. I understand that the equipment may become outdated. But they wanted to charge me $30 to ship the new equipment as well as sign a contract for an additional 36 months. These were the conditions for receiving the new equipment, which is necessary to continue to use their service. They were willing to wave the $30 shipping charge upon request, but if you don't sign up for a new contract, you won't be able to use the service anymore. I will be canceling our service with them.

Vorteile: Very customizable & feature rich software.

Nachteile: Customer service was not good at all. Difficult to get ahold of my sales rep/did not return my calls or emails. Try to keep you locked in a contract. They upgraded their equipment & want you to pay for shipping for the new equipment as well as sign up for an additional 36 months.

Find Lost / Stolen Vehicles

Bewertet am 15.10.2018
Jimmy S.
Dir of Fin
Bau, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Our vehicles are some of our main assets and we need to know where they are at all times. This app works 99% of the time for showing us exact locations. It is also great to have speed limit alerts and idling alerts in real time.

Nachteile: The speed limit is not always correct... sometimes a driver is on a bridge and the speed limit alert goes off because it thinks they are on the road below the bridge... it is just random when the ping is sent and doesn't seem to recognize the pattern of how the vehicle has been traveling (hence the bridge scenario). I also would prefer to know about idling sooner than 10min (like a 5min of idling ) but 10min is the shortest option. We don't like being locked into 3 year contracts each time we get a new device and are considering switching companies.

We have been using NexTraq to monitor our tech's locations.

Bewertet am 14.6.2018
Lindsay L.
Computer-Vernetzung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I like the frequent amount of refreshes the screen does. You can also set alerts if a tracker goes into an area where it shouldn't; I.E their house -- it will alert you.

Nachteile: The units will occasionally (3 times in the course of 2 years) go bad & need to be returned. Nextraq didn't even send us replacement units until a few days later, which really disrupted our day-to-day ops.

Good, but not great.

Bewertet am 2.7.2018
Amber S.
Vice President
Computer-Vernetzung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I like that I can track where my employees are, and see how long they have been stopped at a job site or if they are currently moving. I also like that you can set certain alerts like speed, excessive braking, etc.

Nachteile: Their customer service is not the greatest. The software also sometimes will lag or glitch. You are also not able to receive electronic invoices.

Fantastic Software

Bewertet am 22.2.2019
Steven T.
Director of Operations
Umweltdienstleistungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Being able to manage all my driver's and implement safety reports is incredible. The software is very user friendly and the customer service is very good.

Nachteile: I have no cons at this point in time. I have used this software for almost 2 years and I have not had a single complaint.

Great fleet tracking tool

Bewertet am 12.12.2018
Operations Analyst
Metallabbau, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Simple tracking of company fleet. Very accurate location data.

Nachteile: Reporting functionality is very limited and not customizable

Decent tracking product, very poor E-Log System.

Bewertet am 1.8.2018
Kenny S.
Vice President of Operations
Umweltdienstleistungen

Kommentare: None

Vorteile: Easy to use web-based interface. Customer Service is actually pretty good at helping and responding.

Nachteile: E-Log were horrible. They constantly lost service and would have jumps on the tracking that would add miles to the driver day that he did not drive. Odometer readings were inaccurate and never came close to matching the in cab odometer. A lot of the GPS companies like Nextraq, GPSInsight and probably a few more use all the same junk China hardware. Also they contract installers from nearby larger cities and send them out to you. They do not take time to do these right. We had some where the installer stripped the wire back then electrical taped their wire to it! No Butt Connectors!

Very very easy to monitor EVERYTHING with my vehicles

Bewertet am 11.2.2019
Tommy L.
Branch Manager
Verbraucherdienste, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I love the fact that at anytime I can check on my vehicles through my computer or phone. I can run a report to see when maintenance is due, vehicle code problems in real time, power loss with vehicle and be notified instantly via email.

Nachteile: Had some trouble finding everything, however spending some more time I find out more.

Worst Customer Service On The Planet!

Bewertet am 18.4.2018
John V.

Vorteile: Compared to other products out there like Fleetmatics there is nothing worth considering with this product

Nachteile: HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER!
I email my "Personal Business Representative" 9 times and until I was able to locate a general email address and CC I never got a single response. My warehouse manager and I also called him on his personal cell phone and although he answered half of the calls they all required him to call us back with an answer and he NEVER did.

Bad product, bad service

Bewertet am 26.3.2019
Doug M.
Verbraucherdienste, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: They auto renewed when we were asking how to end the contract. We are years beyond the original contract, yet they are demanding us to pay full price for all the remai vehicles because of their @auto renewing” of the cont.

Vorteile: Tracking trucks works, but that is the only function that works

Nachteile: Dispatch function never worked. They claim it was fixed in 2916, but it wasn’t

We have had this for 3 years our contract ends Jan 31, 2018. Worst experience ever with a vendor.

Bewertet am 19.1.2018
Dina S.

Kommentare: 0

Nachteile: very expensive for the use.
Horrible customer service, I would compare to a gym membership. All over you to sign up crickets when there are issues. Do not take anything on verbale, be sure it actually says in in the contract. Tried to bill for extras, had to prove I was told it was included luckily I had save the email. Was told if unhappy after 30 days I could cancel during webinar, NOT held to 3 year contract. Added a single device they tried to say my contract on the was an additional year until 2019. Had to prove 3 times to 3 different people it was not. Will not note cancellation early

Keep Track of Your Assets

Bewertet am 21.3.2019
Joshua H.
IT Admin
Biotechnologie, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Great tool for keeping track of company vehicles. You are able to monitor history and speed for each car independently, and you can even choose to be notified when someone is going over the posted speed limit in a company vehicle.

Nachteile: Will sometimes get confused when there is a bride over another road, and sent a faulty speeding notification.

Scams price and policy

Bewertet am 6.9.2017
Norbelly M.

Vorteile: the only good things, we can see where the vehicle is dispatched or if have any warning sometimes the app not work properly.

Nachteile: Very complicated software not useful. Terrible customer service, they renewal agreement without authorization, they do not save money.

LOOK ELSEWHERE

Bewertet am 2.10.2014
Christina C.
General Manager

Kommentare: We have used Nex Traq and got tricked into their contract. Everything seems great at first, and then as soon as you sign you will see extra charges on your bill, and see that not everything they initially promised is true. Ive been trying to get my units serviced nd then my bill corerrected for OVER a month and cant even get a call back from the manager because "its the months end".

I have the plug and play products

Bewertet am 25.1.2016
Josh F.

Kommentare: Not satisfied with product. System doesn't interact with the mobile tracking device like I was lead to believe. System does not tell you when check engine lights are on like I was told over the phone. The dispatch option is what sold me, but doesn't work as described such as employees can clock in thru the app but its not when they are in the vehicle they can clock in anytime. Also the reports don't have the notes that you type in. The app doesn't have hardly any features so you basically have to log in to the website to get full use. Oh yeah the Chevy dealership says that the device is drawing double their allowable for draw and can make your battery go dead especially with inactivity with the vehicle.

not a good fit

Bewertet am 28.9.2016
March M.

Kommentare: not user-friendly, customer support did not help, no calls back when I call in. this program is not set up for our industry, so we are now stuck with product that we cannot use.

What Happened?

Bewertet am 4.10.2016
Bryan S.

Kommentare: Loved it when we started... gave us visibility to our fleet at a glance. Could track mileage by state for reporting purposes.