Über eCivis

eCivis ist eines der führenden SaaS-Fördermittelverwaltungssysteme für staatliche und lokale Behörden und Stämme.

Erfahre mehr über eCivis

This software is definitely cheaper than hiring a full-time grant writer.

When you try to delete a "stage" you have to leave at least one file in there and can't delete it.

Bewertungen zu eCivis

eCivis hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,4 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 154 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du eCivis bereits verwendet?

Grants Specialist in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

No Missed Opportunities

Kommentare: My department was barely treading water with about $200,000 in grant awards per year. In the past three years we have increased our awards and now manage about $1.3 million annually. eCivis delivers - it is that simple.

Prior to subscribing to eCivis I was searching endless websites and grant giving foundations. It is daunting to search EVERYTHING. I compiled a long list of funders to search year after year in the hopes of being able to apply for a grant with enough time to complete the application. Most of the time I was already past the deadline or only had a few days to complete the application. eCivis changed all that - I no longer search the internet I get up to date grant openings that fit my requirements and this allows me the time to put together the appropriate team members and complete the application on time.

I work for a relatively small school district with 15,000 students so I am the Grants Department. eCivis has huge capability for cities, universities, etc... managing dozens of huge grants all at the same time. The software is sophisticated for large grant management needs and is too much for my smaller needs. I rely on eCivis for finding grant opportunities that I would not find otherwise.

Sarah
Grants Management Specialist in USA

I am a grant writer and I love this program.

Kommentare: 1. Ability to research grants and access the necessary details. 2. Store all documents in one location and share access to those documents with only the appropriate people.

I like the grant search functions but most importantly the grant tracking from beginning to end. I've been writing grants for 30 years, back before the internet, so I really understand and appreciate all this program does to help find and manage grants. The tutorials are short and to the point so when I need to learn about a function I have immediate access to learn how to do it. Having the ability to track and report with reminders of deadlines is one of the most valuable features in my mind especially in larger organizations that are juggling the management/compliance of many grants. For a large organization the cost of this software replaces a staff position that would cost as much but I'm convinced would be less efficient and likely more exposed to more errors. I would like to see eCivis come up with a smaller, affordable, simplified version (i.e. less bells & whistles) for small non-profits that just need to manage a handful of grants. Grant searching, writing and managing the grant really cut into programmatic responsibilities for these smaller organizations.

I don't really dislike anything about this software. From time-to-time I have thoughts of little things I wish were done differently or they would add but they haven't been important enough to keep record of.

Eric
Grant Analyst in USA

Grants Network

Kommentare: Overall a good deal of customization would be required to add significant value to the process wherein grants are currently being centrally tracked. Still, eCivis adds a friendly windows format and a means for different departments to access their grants. The "Grant" and "Project" concepts theoretically mirror the County's, but there seem to be a number of mis-matches, i.e., fields that might belong in Projects are in Grants, and vice-versa. Certain fields that exist, such as defining the total amount available, do not seem to be as relevant, as other potentially useful fields which are not captured at all (e.g. Commissioners Court dates, FTEs, ability to track award budgets at the object level, among others) The grant library does not seem to be updated with many of the grants that the County applies for, and the process of adding them to the Library is time-consuming and eCivis seems to rely on the County to document this. Search fields are not matched well to the County's specific needs: for example, there are two fields for Health -- Prevention, and Research. The County's need is mostly Public Health, and there is no field for that. Further, it would be helpful to have sub-fields within broad categories such as Public Health (Epidemiology, Family Planning, HIV-AIDS, WIC, etc). eCivis features a tool to send emails periodically on new grant opportunities, not unlike tools already in use such as grants.gov. The tool allows for some customization, but many of the hits that come back are extraneous. Still, this has been the most popular feature of eCivis to date. I've kept this fairly short, but where many of the features could be critiqued, the overall comment is that eCivis is not a bad system, and could be a good system for less complicated jurisdictions. Short of that, a good deal of customization would need to be added, or the grant tracking module significantly revamped to address more than basic needs.

Linda Burke
Grants Manager in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Grant Writers Resource

Kommentare: In my opinion, eCIVIS , rather than solving business problems, presents our non-profit with opportunities to find additional funds to continue to provide high quality services which help individuals with Down syndrome become as independent as possible.

eCIVIS allows me to search for grants that are beyond the usual local foundations with which we partner. We actually have found a few new grantors, who share our commitment to persons living with Down syndrome and were willing to give us a grant. The format provides easy access to information about specific grant opportunities. Within just a few minutes, it is possible to determine if our organization is eligible to apply for a grant. The inclusion of grant guidelines tells me if this is an opportunity we should pursue. The selection of grants presented gives me a good idea of the trends among grantmakers. Using eCIVIS is always a positive experience.

The only negative is that eCIVIS lists just a few grant opportunities relevant to our organization. Just kidding, of course. What grant writer wouldn't like a huge list of grant possibilities specific to their cause?

Bashar
Bashar
Program Analyst in USA
Staatsverwaltung

Customer service is great--Anthony Torres is amazing.

Kommentare: Stay organized and on track with inter departmental tasks. Keeps documents in one place and easy to find.

It's ease of use--very straightforward. I like the tasks and workflow features--they are very useful internally and make eliminate all the paper between departments. Tracking it and the time it's in a department is great too.

Scheduling reports takes too long. I think "simple tasks" should actually be simple. The scheduled report feature should be easier and all report should be camped under one or two folders in the eCivis documents section. There's no point is seeing a thousand different folders for various reports, as long as dates of reports are maintained. For example, we only need 1 folder for Progress Reports and 1 folder for FFRs.

Grants Specialist in USA

eCivis has allowed me to focus more on writing grants, than searching for grants.

Kommentare: I have more time to do other than things than search for grants and read grants that are dead ends.

I no longer have to scour the internet looking for grant opportunities; eCivis does that for me. There is nothing worse than finding a great grant opportunity, but then to learn that you have one week to complete the application. eCivis informs me of these same great opportunities the day they come along which allows me the time to complete them. Besides informing as they come along, they also find grants that I would never have found on my own.

The grant management side of the software is prepared to take on every contingency possible. Because of this ability, it is pretty complicated to navigate. If you are working for a city or university, then the management side of this software would be much more helpful than for a small school district like me. However, even for a small school district, this software is still well worth it.

Martha
Grant Specialist in USA

I have been using Grants Network for years and have found it a very reliable source for grants.

I can do both a very focused email, and I can do a broader brush email of grant opportunities. I read both and can then either click on the link to eCivis for a quick overview, or I can go directly to the grantor site for specific information regarding the opportunity. This saves me time and trouble looking through countless opportunities to find those of most interest to my organization.

Grants Network makes my job almost too easy. Other than that, I really cannot find anything I do not like about this software.

Hochschulbildung

I use it everyday multiple times for different reasons.

The different features of grants management. I like having that in the same place as I do my grant searches. Also, I like the ability to email solicitations directly to staff and mail groups.

None at this time. I have never had an issue with it and use it every day. None of the other users in the district have mentioned any issues with it either.

, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Comprehensive, user-friendly government and national agency grant-seeking software.

Very comprehensive for government and national-level grant opportunities. Very easy to use and quick to learn. Great resource for continued learning, with webinars, manuals, documents, and more!

Strong focus on government and national opportunities, without many local/regional options. Layout/platform can feel a bit institutional/mundane. More colors would be nice!

Staatsverwaltung

I get lost in the layers of information available!

Kommentare: Tailored and timely reviews of Federal funding opportunities.

Rich synopses, access to curated resources in one repository that otherwise would require multiple requests for information.

"Drilling in" sometimes takes more steps than I would like...usually worth it, but not as speedy as I impatiently wish for.

Kailee
Grants & Records Management Administrator in USA
Staatsverwaltung, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

I have had all positive experiences with eCivis.

Kommentare: Able to find grants all in one location, which is very helpful.

I like that I am able to pinpoint the types of grants I am looking for. I like that I can email through the system to users that do not have eCivis. I like the reminder task notification emails.

I don't really have any cons. Our city only uses the pre-award portion, which I have found to be very easy to use.

Cassandra
Grants and Accounting Coordinator in USA

Massive functionality and robust data mining

Massive functionality. The end-user does well to complete periodic refresher courses to keep abreast of all the features offered by the software.

Pricing may be a challenge for smaller organizations. Not sure if the price point could be commensurate to the number of users, organization asset size, or type of organization.

Samia
Grants Administrative Manager in USA

My experience with e-civis has been great

I love the fact that all grants are located in one grant research portal. There are so many sites to research grants. The fact that e-civis combines all grants in one location is nice.

I do not care for the dashboard layout. I feel like it is too much on the screen. I would like to see a sleeker, more refined screen.

Nathan
Grants Coordinator in USA

I use eCivis to research grant opportunities for the City of Tulsa.

I like the variety of grant opportunities that eCivis lists on a weekly basis. These are opportunities that I may not have known about were it not for eCivis.

Sometimes, the time period between when the grant opportunity is posted on eCivis and when the application is actually due may be too short.

Jayne
Executive Director in USA

good. garners us money every year

Kommentare: eCivis helps us find grants to support our 501c3 nonprofit shelter.

The weekly reminder emails are helpful to keep us in the know. We use it at least four times yearly.

We sometimes wish there were more info on average grant awarded were more readily available. Other than that, not too many cons.

kevin
grants/contracts specialist in USA
Staatsverwaltung, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Easy way to save keywords and find relevant grants in my email

Kommentare: Setting up keywords for grants I am interested in and receiving email notifications when relevant grants are released. I also like the links to grant management articles and such.

My favorite thing about this software is the grant search functionality. I especially like that I can set up key words and when relevant grants are released ecivis will send an email showing me grants matching my saved searches.

I don't seem to use all the features that ecivis offers. Specifically I prefer using my own proposal and grant management process than the features offered by ecivis.

Megan
Manager, Grant Programs Oversight in USA

My organization uses eCivis to seek new grant funding.

A wealth of information is standardized and the funding search function can be precisely streamlined. The training corner is also useful for onboarding new hires.

It is difficult to create and edit reports. The project management section is not intuitive. A contact log is not included in the toolset.

Lenetta
Budget Analyst in USA

The central location of documents for me is essential for organization providing great efficiency.

Kommentare: The efficiency of organizing the documents in one place.

I am able to review documents on-line, send notes, and notices on webinars. The additional support through out the year is a benefit.

The product was introduced on the particular need for the service. This did not allow for a thorough understanding of what the product can do.

Joanne
Senior Finance Analyst in USA

Very good, just started using it

good information flow with automatic notices about grant offerings, and ability to track where things are in the process, i.e., grants applied for, grants awarded, who is applying, etc. It is a holistic system.

Haven't found anything yet as I am just starting to use it. I get grant updates daily and I like the ability to find out right away by clicking on the different tabs whether or not we are eligible.

Tanya
Administrative Specialist in USA

The service keeps me updated on available grant opportunities.

Kommentare: The available grant notices and the training that is made available for use of the product.

The website allows its patrons to use the site as a depository of its grant applications which gives other staff the opportunity to work on the application with ease.

There are no specific cons or issues that I have had or noticed when using this software. There are no improvements needed that I can think of at this time.

Beverly
Senior Staff Analyst in USA
Verwendete die Software für: Nicht angeboten

eCivis has been a time saver in searching for grants and a good resource of other grant info.

Kommentare: I've been writing grants for eight years, and now teach grant writing for the health department. All my students (employees) sign up for eCivis and use it for their class homework to get them started finding funding opportunities. We have found the website easy to use and the information helpful. I use some of the eCivis handouts and educational information in class. The eCivis representative is great about getting students access to the website, usually within the same day as my request, and also helping those who need assistance. A few have used the grant tracking features, too. And the eCivis training sessions are helpful. But mostly it helps to save time in searching for funding opportunities, which is easy to do without training.

Melvina
WELA Director in USA

Very difficult for me to get help initially

Paperwork at fingertips. Can look at entire project, not just paper submitting for grant. Also know others involved with grant and have goals at your fingertips. See all grants available for access

Too many options. Takes a while to learn and then difficult if you do not use it often. Too many ways to travel to wrong site for uploading documents

Erin
AIS Coordinator in USA

Cumbersome program

Probably the tracking features and being able to view past grants from the previous person in my position.

It is not intuitive or easy to use. You have to go through different tabs and enter some of the same information which seems redundant. I do not use often so when I do need to use it is usually a challenge trying to remember the steps.

Carrie
Grant Writer and Administrator in USA
Verwendete die Software für: Nicht angeboten

An essential tool for growth and success

Kommentare: I have past grant administration experience, but I am new to the geographical area and researching for grant opportunities. I find eCivis is the tool I use literally every day. The NOFA's and past award documentation, key word search, and email alerts are items that benefit any organization. Customer service is responsive and solution-minded and I have found the frequent webinars to be helpful. As a past municipal administrator, I wish I had used eCivis to help counter constantly shrinking budgets and to propagate partnerships and relationships with the city. I think municipalities and communities of all sizes can benefit from this program.

Jane
CEO in USA
Verwendete die Software für: Nicht angeboten

Excellent resource for non-profit agencies!

Kommentare: I have used eCivis for the past five years and because of the excellent service I have turned down multiple offers from other grant research companies to try their product. The weekly grant updates are useful and the details are easy to access when a potential funding match is identified. Customer service is prompt when needed, but the best part is that I have not had much reason to use them -- everything is easily accessible and intuitive to learn. As a CEO of a non-profit with a million dollar budget, I can heartily say that eCivis is a great match for other similar organizations.