AscendTMS Logistics Software

Bewertet am 15.10.2019
Tamara B.
Property and Transportation Broker
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I just started my business a year ago at that time I was looking for the best TMS for a small start up company that would fit my needs and I have found Ascend TMS to fit my needs. Customer servie rep was very helpful assisting me with setting up branches.

Vorteile: Ascend is very user friendly and cost effective

Nachteile: The shipper directory could use an update

von InMotion Global Inc. an 16.10.2019

Thanks for the AMAZING review, Tamara. You ROCK!!! The AscendTMS Team

Best choice!!

Bewertet am 16.1.2020
Katherine K.
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We started our brokerage in February 2019 -- and as we were growing, we needed a TMS system, excel spreadsheets were just not cutting it. We were able to really increase our capacity and use our time more wisely!

Vorteile: I love its customizability and their customer service! We were able to structure the load board how we wanted it. Also, they are really great about listening to their clients. I've had some suggestions that I provided them and they actually implemented them! It's great to see a company actually give you what you are looking for in a program. I know they have a lot in the works and I look forward to growing with them! Also -- with them being partnered with TriumphPay - it was been a lifesaver and timesaver for us. and the price is really great - as a start up -- it's a little tight with revenue and expenses. I really appreciate that as well.

Nachteile: I'm great! I really have nothing to complain about. Only thing that would be great to have is the bill payment communication to Quickbooks. But that is super minor.

von InMotion Global an 17.1.2020

Katherine - what an amazing review. THANK YOU SO MUCH. I will let our entire team know about your kind words. The AscendTMS Team

Bewertet am 24.4.2019
Casey K.
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: As an owner of a 3PL I have to use software that keeps track of all my top line revenue, gross margin, and commissions for my sales team. Ascend does a great job of all of that. The board itself where I keep track of the companies shipments is very easy and simple to view. It has to be when you're moving a high volume of loads and need to stay organized. Overall great product.

Vorteile: 1. In the cloud.
2. UI is great.
3. Easy to add users, delete users.
4. Great reporting.

Nachteile: Nothing. They continue to improve their software every month adding new integrations and add ons.

von AscendTMS an 26.4.2019

Wow wow wow! Thank you for that amazing review! The AscendTMS team!

ASCENDTMS office home and mobile use

Bewertet am 28.10.2019
Greg B.
Owner/Broker
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Benefits i have from using AscendTms ,is that of accounting , as well as there customer Service if any problems at all there always there to help you threw it step by step

Vorteile: I like the dash board set up easy to navigate, My Favourite feature is i can also have my carriers use AscendTMS with loads they pick up For free since i use a variety of different carriers it makes it easy to keep in touch with driver and for accounting it is easy to keep BOL or POD in PDF as a retired truck driver somebody who is not very computer savvy, even for me its easy to Operate AscendTms

Nachteile: Only issues i have is jumping from Ascend to DAT or Truckstop load board

von InMotion Global an 25.11.2019

Amazing review. Thank you, Greg. The AscendTMS Team.

Feature-rich, but somewhat clunky and time-consuming.

Bewertet am 15.2.2018
Daniel L.
Director of Operations
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Since the software integrates with other offerings, I ended up signing up with Triumph Business Capital for factoring (because they were integrated) and Triumph has been great.

Vorteile: Ascend tries to be many things, with a host of integrations from DAT load board to Triumph Business Capital for factoring. There is a lot going on and for the most part, the software does its job. The address auto-populate feature is very helpful when entering new addresses. That is sort of where the positives stop for me.

Nachteile: There are simply too many steps to go through to enter and dispatch a single load. Instead of having everything on one screen to be entered quickly, you have to fill out one screen, click to go to the next screen, click to go to the next screen, all for one load. It simply took me too much time. I ended up switching over to Trucking Office (I am a smaller operation) and the difference in time spent dispatching was very noticeable. All in all, it was not bad software, just did not work out for me. There are also minor glitches with the formatting of the website interface that bugged me, like text running outside of a box, just little aesthetic touches that were distracting.

von AscendTMS an 16.2.2018

HI Daniel, it looks like you just had a BASIC subscription to AscendTMS and so you didn't get "all the goodies" you needed. If you want all the bells and whistles in AscendTMS you need to upgrade to the PREMIUM subscription for just $49.

Once you get a PREMIUM subscription - you will see that ALL of your needs will be met, from driver payroll and full accounting to IFTA reports and load tracking etc.

Thanks for the review.

Transportation Client Review

Bewertet am 26.11.2019
Jared L.

Vorteile: User Friendly interface
Competitively priced
Compatibility with various devices

Nachteile: Lag time on changing screens
Missing some features still- exporting certain reports, keeping track of available trucks, etc.

von InMotion Global an 27.11.2019

Thanks, Jared. What a GREAT review. The AscendTMS Team.

Great User Friendly Software!

Bewertet am 26.4.2019
Chris C.
A/R Manager
Logistik & Lieferkette, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Our brokers would sometimes change things after we had processed the load. Of course, we heard the it wasn't me! They now have an accountability feature which tells who changed what. Solved a lot of disagreements and problems.

Vorteile: Ease of use and functionality. Does everything it promises.

Nachteile: Can't think of a thing. They are constantly making improvements and they are responsive when you need anything extra.

von AscendTMS an 29.4.2019

Chris - thanks for your amazing review! You are the BEST. The AscendTMS Team.

AscendTMS

Bewertet am 3.2.2020
Abdul H.
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Easy to use, simple and has just the write functionality

Nachteile: It's not 100% set up for mobile devices. You can access it and do simple changes but any complex changes or adds will be difficult done on a mobile device.

von InMotion Global an 4.2.2020

THANKS Abdul...what an AMAZING review. You guys ROCK. The AscendTMS Team.

Incredible Software in a underserved space.

Bewertet am 13.1.2020
Simon B.
Co-Owner
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Ascend has been created with the end user in mind. Workflow is very evident and efficient. Has definitely simplified my office staff needs.

Nachteile: You cannot dispatch drivers/trucks off this software... yet.

von InMotion Global an 16.1.2020

Simon...thanks so much for the amazing review of AscendTMS. We truly appreciate your kind words. The AscendTMS team!

Wonderful Service

Bewertet am 3.1.2020
Martina J.
Logistik & Lieferkette, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Ascend TMS provides the Accounting, tracking, load posting, Carrier qualification/onboarding, all of this plus other features I have yet to tap into. On top of the all inclusive features, Ascend TMS has pleasant customer representatives.

Vorteile: The software offers everything I need to run my Brokerage at a reasonable price. Anytime I need help, the support team is right on it. People like [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]
give Ascend TMS a great reputation for the exceptional customer service.

Nachteile: There is nothing to mention here at this time.

von InMotion Global an 6.1.2020

Thanks, Martina. We are so so glad that you are are so so HAPPY with AscendTMS. :-). We have more (always free) new features coming in a few days. Thank you for sharing your amazing review .

The AscendTMS team.

Good software

Bewertet am 14.2.2020
Michelle M.
Traffic Coordinator

Vorteile: This system easily maintains our loads and the accounting tab was confusing at first, but once it's learned, it's pretty easy to use.

Nachteile: Trying to find a simple answer to my question in the topics

von InMotion Global an 17.2.2020

Michelle, thank you for your amazing 10/10 review. You are amazing! The AscendTMS team.

Excellent TMS

Bewertet am 15.8.2019
Matt L.
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The billing process has really improved thanks to the seamless integration with QBO.

Vorteile: It's incredibly user-friendly and customizable. I've used several (far more expensive) TMSs in the past decade, and AcendTMS is the best by far. The ease of use, integrations, and great customer service have made me a huge fan.

Nachteile: My only critique is that there is no open API yet, but I'm told that's in the works. I'm glad they're taking their time with it.

von InMotion Global Inc. an 16.8.2019

Hi Matt - thanks for the great review. You are amazing! The AscendTMS Team.

My experience with Ascend TMS logistics software

Bewertet am 17.7.2019
John J.
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It's a great system, I especially like how it integrates with Quick books. Your customer service department is great. I would especially like to thank representative

Vorteile: Able to navigate through it easily. It has all the functions I require. Customer service is great. I would certainly like to bring to your attention that I could not be more pleased and satisfied with your representative [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. I was having a few issues with my load posting with Nextload, and she immediately got in contact with representative@ Nextload, and between the two of them it was corrected in no time. She was keeping me updated as repairs were being done , to see if she could help me in any way until the issue was resolved . That really meant a lot to me , and to my business. Her customer service skills are beyond excellent !! She makes you feel very comfortable as she walks you through any issues you might be facing as a new or existing customer. She is very kind, and extremely patient !! She is without doubt a fantastic representative for your company. Her attention to detail and her professionalism shines through constantly, you don't find that very often these days ! It's obvious that not only does she know what she is doing, she does it with a wonderful attitude and disposition. She is very professional and informative, not to mention sweet and kind !! Thank you, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN].

Nachteile: I feel that it should come with at least one of the two big load boards like DAT or Truckstop .
The list of manufacturers to approach for business is way outdated . 60% if businesses are no longer in business.

von InMotion Global Inc. an 19.7.2019

John - thanks for the most AMAZING review. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!! The AscendTMS Team

Excellent Program for all levels of freight brokerage

Bewertet am 16.2.2017
Anthony V.
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: As a small business , this software gives me everything I need to process orders. It is easy to use and helps me keep track of my shipment statuses for my customers. I understand there is a section to add in my factoring email addresses into each order, but I am curious to know if I can just add an e-mail once and have it appear on all loads. i.e. my wife takes care of my accounting and instead of going in and adding her onto every account so she is copied, I would like to have her appear by entering her e-mail address once somewhere. If there was an alert or e-mail when a delivery date passes and a status is in transit, that would be helpful as well. There are a few little things here and there, but nothing major that I would change. I am a one man show, and would like to add a user, but me and my wife use the same login, and was wondering if a second user could be added at no cost. Otherwise at the moment this is great value. thanks for being my provider of choice. your team is exceptionally friendly. Bill Nofsinger is a great guy, energetic and a heck of a sales guy. You simplify brokerage software like no other, and I don't know why anyone else hasn't done this before. All the other programs I have used are not only more expensive, but much more complicated. Anytime you or your team is up here in Canada I'd love to take you out for a beer. All the best. Anthony Villa

Vorteile: Ease of Use, but a mobile version would help me to be in front of customers more often

Nachteile: I actually love everything about the software, but as you build there are a few features that I would add to give it an even better user experience, i.e. automatic e-mail notifications based on the status the user sets, mobile version, integrating contacts into all send load docs section

von AscendTMS an 16.2.2017

Anthony - what a great review. Thanks for all the detail. We love that you love it!

Ascend Review

Bewertet am 1.8.2019
Kimberly C.
Owner/Broker
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, Selbstständig

Vorteile: Ascend TMS keeps growing with me as my company grows. They have partnered with some great companies to add even more features that make my company able to post loads to more load boards and process loads more quickly, and . We are able to work more efficiently and cost-effectively.

Nachteile: While it is easy to learn, there were parts of the software that I did not know much about - mainly the accounting. I learned how to do much of it on the fly. Watching the videos helped and the support from Ascend TMS has been great. I would like to see a "user's group" set up so people who use the software can share tips, how to's, etc.

von InMotion Global Inc. an 2.8.2019

Hi Kinberly - You ROCK. Thank you SO much. You are such an important client to us. The AscendTMS Team.

Powerful and Efficient TMS Platform.

Bewertet am 15.2.2017
Greg M.
Director Sales/Operations
Logistik & Lieferkette, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We were searching for an new TMS platform to move our operations to from the legacy platform in use. After searching over 10+ platforms we decided on AscendTMS. Our decision was based on Features , Platform Scalability, Ease of Use, Training and Cost. Compared to platforms costing hundreds of dollars a month for single users with setup fees of $2000-$4000, Ascend could not be beat. Getting a REAL WORKING Platform to try for FREE for 30 Days / not just a "sandbox demo" was the closer. Moving from a much more complicated TMS platform, we were up and doing orders within 20 minutes. While much younger than many other platforms out there, new features are being rolled out on regular basis. It does lack a few things I would prefer from the load management side but from what I have been told by their customer service team many are in development for early 2017. For small / midsize carriers / 3pl Logistic firms this platform really cannot be beat. It an excellent balance of features and cost effectiveness. We have no complaints or regrets in committing to this Ascend at this time. Once the new features roll on I have no issue changing my 4 stars to 5 stars for Features and Functionality.

Vorteile: Ease of Use, Fast Setup, VERY Cost Effective, Easy to customize workspaces for our own preferrences.

Nachteile: Lacks some features currently that can speed up or improve the steps needed for load management. Integration with tracking such as Macropoint. No automatic status notification updates for customers ie: Trucks on site, Loaded. Delivery, POD name. Dispatch team must use a few extra steps to do these.

von AscendTMS an 15.2.2017

Greg - thanks for the amazing and detailed review. We truly appreciate it.

Fantastic Support

Bewertet am 29.8.2019
Jay C.
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall this is a very easy software to configure and use.

Vorteile: Ease of Use is by far what I like most about this software. I feel like I am missing steps, but its just that easy.

Nachteile: I do wish there were more user permissions, where you can lock out employees from certain areas. I am told that these features will be available 2019 Q4.

von InMotion Global Inc. an 5.9.2019

Jay... thanks for the amazing review. You are awesome. The AscendTMS Team.

Highly Recommend system

Bewertet am 19.6.2019
Aracelys R.
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, Selbstständig

Kommentare: You have all the perks in one.

Vorteile: This software is very user friendly, easy to use. You can dispatch the drivers from it, easy invoicing. I have been in the industry for 23 years and I used all softwares, I absolutely love it the best part is This one is very economical.

Nachteile: I haven’t seen anything that I don’t like.

von AscendTMS an 24.6.2019

What an AMAZING review! Thank you so much. You ROCK. The AscendTMS Team.

Exceeds all of our expectations

Bewertet am 15.11.2017
Rick H.
PRESIDENT
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Low Cost - High return on productivity for my staff.

Vorteile: EASE OF USE - ADDING CARRIERS, CUSTOMERS, USERS IS A STRAIGHTFORWARD PROCESS
MOVING BETWEEN TASK IS SIMPLE AND EASY. THE ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE AND ACCOUNTS PAYABLE DATA IS LINKED DIRECTL WITH QUICKBOOKS ON-LINE - SAVING DUPLICATE ENTRY WORK . System now has a Commissions option which will save even more time when dealing with our Sales Agents.

Nachteile: No real issues, we would like to see a little more ease in entering our carrier invoices into the system as we currently enter one and start over - system would be a little easier if it returned to you the original page you were on when a number of carrier invoices are being entered at one time. We also find not having ability to audit activities by users is an item that must be addressed.

von AscendTMS an 16.11.2017

Thank you, Rick, for the awesome review. You guys are amazing!! The AscendTMS Team

Good experience, above average

Bewertet am 24.12.2017
Maxim J.
Broker
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It improved a lot our way of doing business but there is some more work for developers which I hope they will complete soon and we can enjoy this great app, I like the concept, I think it can become better and hope it will.

Vorteile: It's complex and includes a lot of very useful tools for running your logistics. Loads that come thru this software are already build and it does offer a lot of information regarding the shipper and delivery location and calculate the distance between them instantly. You also have a feature to send tracking message to your drivers which I find very useful. It's fairly comfortable for doing logistics part of work , I gave it 4 stars because it's great for passing all the information about business you have done to accounting in no time and effortless.

Nachteile: Even though it's a great software, it's not perfect, there are some things that I wish would work differently for more efficient workflow. Every time you sort your loads and yo go into a random load and then you go back to all the loads, your sorting preference is lost and you have to do it again. Other thing is every time you need to go into check calls to see if there is anything in there you need to pay attention to, you are again going back and forward for no reason. A big improvement would be possibility to open your check calls in a separate window.

von AscendTMS an 27.12.2017

Maxim, thank you for the amazing review. The AscendTMS Team.

Solid product backed by good people

Bewertet am 14.2.2017
John B.
Transportation Analyst
Lebensmittelproduktion, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: For the price we couldn't expect a better product. InMotion Global is highly responsive to our needs, has expanded the capabilities of AscendTMS significantly since we started using it, and continues to roll out new features regularly. AscendTMS is stable, reliable, affordable, and is working for us at our present level of need. We can't wait to see what new capabilities they roll out next.

Vorteile: The price is outstanding, particularly for the capabilities of the product.

Nachteile: AscendTMS doesn't yet rise to the level of a full-featured software package for a trucking operation...but it's getting closer every month. Given the cost and Software as a Service model we aren't really expecting all the bells and whistles of a high dollar package which resides on our own server.

von AscendTMS an 15.2.2017

Hi John. Thank you for the very kind review. You are right that we add new features every single week and month. Everything we add is ALWAYS free to subscribers.

The AscendTMS Team

The heart of our operation

Bewertet am 30.10.2018
Joe R.
Vice President
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Ascend has given me the confidence to grow my business and not get lost creating invoices, payroll and organizing drivers.

Vorteile: The ability to create payroll reports and export invoices all based on the original load information.
The ability to search a load number based on the BOL, VRID, or whatever number was entered at the loads origination.
The ability to customize the columns while viewing loads.
The ability to send invoices with POD's and Confirmation Sheets attached

Nachteile: The invoices imported to QB do not contain the description data from the invoice in Ascend. Other than that, the software seems to be bulletproof.

von AscendTMS an 2.11.2018

Joe - thank you for your AMAZING review. We will continue to keep adding the features you want and need!

The AscendTMS Team.

A new user, implementing a TMS to a broker start-up

Bewertet am 9.2.2016
Steve F.
Consultant

Kommentare: The brokerage business is not complex, it involves arranging freight transportation. The details are important and many however and to build a brokerage that will grow and increase in value a solid--not complex--TMS is required.
First of all, Ascend TMS is in the cloud. No need to invest in and manage (and worry about) a server. And brokers can access it anywhere they have an internet connection.
Second, simplicity. I've been in this business over 40 years and the intuitive features of AscendTMS appeal to my sense of KISS--keep it simple stupid. With the challenges inherent in arranging transportation today, simple technology allows me to focus on the more complex issues of people, customers and carriers.
Third, you can start for nothing. Zero. Nada. Gratis. No credit card is required and you can literally be on the TMS and working right away. Perfect for the start-up broker. And as you grow the cost is $49/user--3 user minimum. And, no lengthy and punitive contract to sign. And no minimum term.
Fourth, it's feature rich for a TMS. Need a rate engine? It's included. Document management--included (go paperless, it's 2016). Cell phone tracking of drivers? It's in the system. No need to go to outside vendors. Get the reports you want. If you don't see a feature you need, let Ascend TMS know and they try to get it for you.
All in all, Ascend TMS offers incredible value. And developing, marketing and servicing the TMS is their only business. Not a load board company. Not a 3PL. Just a TMS company, in the cloud.
I'm looking forward to a long, mutually beneficial relationship with our Ascend TMS and will update this review after getting a few quarters under our belt.

von AscendTMS an 9.2.2016

Steve - thanks for the amazing review. I wish you lots of luck (and PROFITS) for your brokerage business. AscendTMS will help you get there!

Up and coming, but great support. They always answer the phone.

Bewertet am 16.3.2018
Daniel G.

Vorteile: Ease of Use & customizability are key in my line of work. I can control my own views and also can reach someone every-time I try to get tutorials when needed.

Nachteile: I think there should be a 24 hour support line. Also, the system tends to go under temporary construction quite a bit at times of the day I can't afford it to. I will say the frequency of this has certainly decreased in recent months.

von AscendTMS an 21.3.2018

Daniel - thanks for the amazing review. Yes - we we're adding so many new customers every day (were are at over 13,300 customers as I write this) that we had to quadruple our server capacity and our horsepower (again!!!). That's why you've noticed significant improvements in AscendTMS response times and speeds. Again - thanks for the amazing support from you and your entire team, Daniel!

Overall, I give this 5 star rating

Bewertet am 14.2.2017
Brock K.
Accounting
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: There are so many great features that come with this TMS system that I really cannot believe that the cost is LESS than half what my previous TMS system was. The biggest thing about this system that hampers my "ease of use" rating is in regards to how easy it is to use for people that are not familiar with TMS software. I have dispatchers that will not use this system because of the time it takes to create a load, and the several different panes of information required to completely build a load. Other than that, customer support is awesome. I have asked questions, and I either get a resolution, or customer support will actually work on resolving the issue for me. I feel like an actual paying customer here! I would welcome anyone to this software, even though I recognize it is currently something that I believe gives me a niche tool in the transportation market. I have actually suggested this to two other companies already, and will continue to do so as long as AscendTMS and inmotionglobal continue to treat me with great service.

Vorteile: Continually creative ideas, cutting edge innovation, outstanding customer service

Nachteile: Takes too long to build loads; too many panes to navigate

von AscendTMS an 15.2.2017

Brock - amazing review. Thanks. Regarding building loads...our EXPERT VIEW goes live this week...it does EVERYTHING you experts asked for. Enjoy!