Filtern nach:

Über Open Dental

Leistungsstarke, flexible und erschwingliche Management-Software für Zahnarztpraxen. Eine umfassende Lösung für Zahnarztpraxen.

Erfahre mehr über Open Dental

Katie R.
Katie R.
Virtual Administrative Consultant in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Would Never Recommend Anything Else!

Kommentare: Love it, love it, love it!

Honestly, can’t say enough! Ease of use, accessibility to all features, ledger is simple/easy to understand, payment allocation is perfect, customization is amazing. Not one thing I DONT LIKE ABOUT!!

I honestly can’t think of one single thing I don’t like about it. Especially since I’m at an office that uses Dentrix.

Nate G.
Dentist in USA

DO IT

Kommentare: Overall, this is an easy decision. I highly recommend Open Dental. I have used others, and Open Dental is by far the best out there. It is the cheapest, easiest, and most simple out there. There are many features that makes it amazing. SWITCH today.

The most easy answer all day. GET OPEN DENTAL. It is the best and easiest dental software that you will ever use! Seriously, listen to me. GET OPEN DENTAL. I have used Dentrix, Eaglesoft, and others and Open Dental is by far the easiest to use. The support is AMAZING. you never hear about this with any company, but this company is great at answering questions.

There is not ONE thing that I do not like about Open Dental. They are a great company and a great software.

vor 10 Monaten

Thank you for your kind words, Doctor! We are happy your experience has been stellar, that's always our goal. We look forward to continuing to serve you as your practice grows :)

Blanca S.

Very easy to use

5 vor 4 Wochen Neu

Very easy to use. A great value when compared to other dental software. Much easier to use and tweak

Don’t like how you have to pay monthly for support

vor 3 Wochen

Thank you for your feedback, Blanca. So glad you're finding the software easy to use and customize. We find the 12-month support contract helps practices be more successful by giving practice staff help when they need it as they learn the software. Being on support also means you have access to eServices, and there is no additional cost for software updates (released about 4 times/year) and updated CDT codes each year. We hope you'll find that to be a great value for our practice as well!

Haylie B.
Massage therapist in USA

Confusing dinosaur program

The drag and drop feature is nice. Note section in appointments

Overall confusing and not user friendly at all.

Danielle M.
Front Office Team Leader in USA
Medizinische Praxis, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Software is easy to use

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: Great, we have had no problems with this program.

Open Dental has so many great features! There customer service department is top notch and if you need anything they make sure there is a report or they fix any problems.

There really isn't anything that our office doesn't like about this product, they are always updating and making it easier to use and understand!

letztes Jahr

Thank you for the kind words, Danielle :) We look forward to continuing to provide you with great features and the top-notch support you deserve!

Jennifer A.
Director of Operations in USA

User Friendly and Completely Customizable

Kommentare: Switching programs has allowed us to expand the digital aspect of our patient's charts, completely eliminating the need for paper charts at all!

Open Dental promotes itself as completely customizable and that's absolutely correct. If there's a feature they don't have, you can pay to have it created, or if enough people vote to have it created, their developers will add the feature! You can run a Query (custom report) for just about any possible scenario, and save it as a favorite for future use. It's incredibly user friendly, between the customer support team, online manual, and YouTube video tutorials, you'll feel like a pro in no time at all! You can set up additional training and their team is always friendly and approachable. Very happy to have found this software at a decent price!

Features can sometimes take a while, especially if you're just trying to vote on them. Occasionally things are labeled or located in areas you wouldn't expect, or called something unusual. For instance, if you want to add a user, you have to go into "security", which took me FOREVER to find!

vor 10 Monaten

Thank you for the great review, Jennifer - we're happy to play in role in helping you be paperless! For quick questions like you had with adding a user, please feel free to use online chat to get a quick answer right away. We look forward to continuing to help you maximize all the tools in the software.

Xochitl L.
Xochitl L.
Manager in USA

Great dental software.

Kommentare: You can use this to set up your office in a digital format. From patient forms to monthly reports. It works well with other programs, too.

It's open source, which I love, therefore, I'm able to change, adjust and add forms, lab slips, charting and much more. Reports are easy and the selection is great. The interface is user friendly and quick to learn. The fees are minimal, if desired to have support, to free. The are certain programs that can be purchased or added for a fee, mobile view, e-claims etc.

I don't like that only one section can be opened at a time. You can't have the patient chart and the schedule open at the same time.

Antwort von Open Dental Software

Thank you for the great review. Note that you mention that you can only open one section at a time. Some areas do allow this, but for the main windows that do not, simply open multiple instances. I always keep two instances open so that if I am about to check someone out, for instance, yet I want to work on another account or take incoming calls, I can do both at once! (Nathan, CEO Open Dental)

Chief Operating Officer, and HIPAA Privacy Officer in USA

Open Dental is an amazing piece of software, with excellent support and customization

Kommentare: Much, much less time on hold for support. Much less reason to even call support. This program is incredibly well made, and just works. It's super easy to install, and it integrates with pretty much all of the imaging software that's out there. Make no mistake - you can not go wrong with Open Dental.

Being that this is an open source program for dental practice management, there are a wide variety of plug-ins and customization that are out there. Also, the support is amazing. Many of our clients use Open Dental, and we support it in our business. When you call for support, they'll remember your name, and there's barely any hold-time when comparing to Schein or Patterson, which can have 30+ minutes of hold time at times. Open Dental has a lot of reports that you can run as well, and it's easier in comparison to some of the competitors. This is by far our favorite dental practice management software, and we use and support all of them. The cost is fair as well. This software has incredible value.

There's not much I don't like about this software, since it's so easy to install and to use. I would say the biggest con, is that when people are changing software to open dental, there's a bit of a steep learning curve. However, that's true of all dental practice management software.

Susan W.
office manager in USA
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

VERY user friendly. Great software.

Kommentare: Great.

We transitioned to this software after our practice was sold to a new dentist. I was very scared about changing software but after about two weeks (without any training) we were using it like we had been using it for years. It is so user friendly. I was very happy with patient check in, check out, adding insurances, and making treatment plans. I would definitely recommend this software. I know that is integrated quite easily with our existing digital xray system though I was not involved in getting that set up. I just know the transition was very smooth.

I can't think of any problems other than our particular doctor did not provide training. I am not sure if Open Dental providers training. Maybe Youtube video tutorials at the minimum. But again it is so user friendly, it did not take long to figure out.

vor 7 Monaten

Thank you for the kind words, Susan - we're so glad you were able to make the switch easily and have learned things so quickly! We have loads of training videos on our YouTube Channel if you would like to enhance your learning, and our support team is always just a call or chat away if you have any questions :)

Registered Dental Hygienist in USA

Ease of patient care

Kommentare: Open dental has helped keep positive patient experiences, and has helped with the flow of work. I was able to learn how to navigate this software in a week!

This software keeps patients information mostly in one location. It is easy to navigate compared to other dental software.

If you are using another software for patients to update their medical history, it does not sync well.

Michelle K.
Financial Coordinator in USA

Open Dental Review

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: My overall experience with Open Dental has been great. The software is easy to use and reliable. The accounting section is full of every report you could ever need and, if by chance there’s a report that you want that isn’t on the list, Open Dental will create it for you.
I feel as if Open Dental has been a huge part of the success of our practice.

Open Dental is so easy to use. I like how clearly the process of entering a patient’s information, insurance, etc. is. Each part of a patient’s chart is clearly separated into easy-to-identify sections for each part of a dental office…hygiene, restorative, billing, etc. I especially like how clearly Open Dental processes insurance and insurance payments. The software designers are forward-thinking, and because they are open to customers’ ideas and suggestions, they are always bringing in new and exciting features. Best of all, their customer service is easily reachable by several different options and is fast and fantastic.

I don’t feel as if there is anything I don’t like about using Open Dental. It is so much more user-friendly than any other software I have ever used.

Stanislav K.
Dentist/Owner in USA
Medizinische Praxis, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

My Server Crashed and Open Dental came to my rescue!!

Kommentare: So, my physical server just crashed this past Tuesday the 1st of January 2019. The 2 of the 3 hard-drives on the server were corrupted, last one barely had accessible data. The other backup, the "Cloud" back up would not sync, there was an issue with the password that could not be recovered. I was dead in the water. I got on the phone with rep from Open Dental. This guy is top rate IT man, he knows the software, the code, etc. An emergency data recovery team was able to get rep a semi corrupted, semi correct version of my data and he put it all back together for the office. Rep and his team worked hard and now i'm back up and running. I could not have asked for better customer support. By the way, the only way Rep was able to allocate his resources towards my project was an OK from the CEO, so rep was literally on the phone with the CEO and who okay his staffs' time. So the company has an empathetic leader, who allowed the allocation of much of his resources to rebuild my database. I would have lost all my patient's data, the appointments, the amount the they paid me, the existing treatment plans, the previous work done, it would have just been a disaster for my business, literally starting over with nothing. public service announcement: just because you run back ups doesn't mean you shouldn't physically test them to make sure you have access to the data. Back to Open Dental, the CEO and IT team lead by rep and saved my business, I'm extremely grateful. Again, Open Dental is a top notch company with top notch staff!!!!

Amazingly easy to use and constantly being updated with latest versions, you don't need to wait for a new full release, like some other dental software programs. Open dental techs just update your software with new features when they develop them. The software is free and the monthly IT fee is 110% worth it.

Its really difficult to find any cons with a software that is personalized. If you do find an issue, the IT team calls you back withing 10mins and there is almost nothing that they can't work out for you by use of screen sharing etc.

Robert H.
Dentist in USA
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

OUTSTANDING; SUPERB; FIRST RATE; TERRIFIC; NUMERO UNO. OPEN DENTAL IS THE BEST!!!

Kommentare: We have been using Open Dental since 2009 and love the program. It is incredibly robust and does everything we need and more. Open Dental enabled us to become a paperless, chartless practice.
Customer support is second to none. They are extremely attentive to their customers needs. Updates are continually being released, not just once every year or more.
True story. I once called the customer support line. I reached their voice mail and since it was almost closing time I didn't bother to leave a message, I figured I would call back the next day. Well I'm sitting at my desk and the phone rings and I see it is area code 503. So I pick up and the person says, "This is Open Dental. How can we help you? I was blown away. I asked him how he know I called and he said he saw my number on their caller ID. Well, how many companies call you back even when you DIDN'T leave a message? That is how dedicated they are to customer satisfaction. Another time, I had a serious problem after a windows upgrade and couldn't get OD to work. They spent hours remotely working on my machine and escalated it to their top techies. And it was really a problem with Windows not Open Dental that caused the problem. No where else would you get that kind of service. I was so grateful for all their efforts I found a pizza place near them on the internet and ordered several pizzas and had them delivered. I don't know anybody who uses Open Dental who doesn't love the company and the software.

Extremely customizable. You can create queries and get just about any information you want out of the database. You can be truly paperless and chart-less. It doesn't take long to learn the ins and outs. The software is constantly being improved. They take suggestions and advice from their users and try to implement what the users ask for. They even have a system where you can vote on feature that you and other users post, and the ones with the most votes get the top priority. It is not expensive.

The are growing so fast I worry that they will lose some of the feeling of being a small, intimate company. So far that hasn't been a problem.

Aubri J.

Dental Software for Real People

So easy to use. Easy to learn. All questions can be answered with a simple google search. If not, you can call and the support team will call you right back with an answer. No spending hours on the phone on hold like with some other software companies.

Nothing, open dental is constantly improving their product.

Pamela L.

No monthly fees

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: Great software, not in love with their support department

I like the ease-of-use and the lack of monthly recurring costs. Open Dental is actually very powerful, and other software can be integrated within.

I don’t like how if you sign up for their support service, they charge you for at least six months.

letztes Jahr

Thank you for your review, Pam! We've found that offices that are on support for their first year are more successful in the long run, as they learn to maximize the tools in the software to streamline operations, boost efficiency, and minimize errors. Thanks for your feedback!

Katelyn E.
Office Manager in USA
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Easy software to use! Very clean layout!

Kommentare: Treatment plans are simple to explain to the patient with the tooth chart! Very easy to use! The first software I ever used while training to be an office manager! Our doctor loved the price of the software!

Very easy to use! I had never worked in a dental office before and was trained to use Open Dental! Reports were very easy to get to for the Doctor!

The accounts were sometimes confusing to read, BUT the customer service was amazing to help us figure it all out!

Antwort von Open Dental Software

Thank you for your thoughtful review Katelyn. If anyone ever does have issues with our support, our management team, programmers and CEO (me) are available to be escalated to. -Nathan Sparks

Nancy F.
officer manager in USA

Open Dental

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: Great relationship with many support people, who are more than willing to deal with my many, many calls.

The ease of use and support people. I've never had an issue that couldn't be resolved, one way or another. If one tech didn't get it figured out, I was conferenced in with another so the three of us could get issue resolved.

I can't think of anything at this time. There may be something, but it the whole scheme of things, it's not registering with me at this time.

Stan M.
dentist in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

open dental

Kommentare: What is great is the human error is minimized when payment is received and credited in multiple places correctly.

The open dental practice manageent software inetegrates well with other software that the office is using such as carecredit. The staff can now easily offer financing options to our patients.

Of course, it was timely to set-up but not difficult for staff to get the hang of the software. Some links to windows were difficult to get used to at first.

Rex S.
Rex S.

Great Software at a Great Price!

Kommentare: Open Dental has been great, and hoping to expand with the software as we open more offices. The features are in depth and offer us the abilty to use technology to stay current with innovations. Playing to use the 3D features and online appointments.

Open Dental has so many features, and the ability to add features with modules was a key reason we decided to go with them in a new clinic. The ability to network our entire system and not getting hit with expensies for needing multipe license was a strong reason for us to use Open Dental.

Not cloud based. Hoping that they move to a cloud based system in the near future. The security features of cloud based would really help us to stay HIPPA compliant without having to spend so much time securing data, backups, etc.

Jennifer F.
Jennifer F.
owner dentist in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Love open dental!

Kommentare: Open Dental is one of the least expensive practice management softwares while also being the most thorough. Reports can be modified to your specifications and the software is very easy to use and learn.

Open dental is one of the most comprehensive practice management softwares for dental available. Everything for each patient is one one screen (unlike many others that have the medical history separate).

A lot of set up can be involved in order to make autonotes. While this is time consuming it is very worth it and saves time in the long run.

Kayla L.
Medizinische Praxis, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

User Friendly

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: Overall I’m pretty satisfied with my daily use of opendental and the user friendlyness of the program overall

I really love how user friendly open Dental is on the administration side with the accounts. It’s easy to see clearly and understand

Some times looking at the software, it could look a bit outdated compared to other dental programs.

Hannah E.
Hannah E.
Receptionist in USA
Medizinische Praxis, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Overall great software

Kommentare: Overall a great software that makes many of the tasks of a dental office more streamlined.

The vast amount of features allow for keeping as much of what we do in one program as possible. Scheduling is a breeze, keeping logs of communication between staff and patients is simple and easy to find, and its nice to be able to view imaging inside the same program that we enter chart notes.

The only issue I have with this software is the billing aspect. The way statements are structured with both payment plans and regular account info makes no sense to patients, and confusion over that accounts for a large portion of our calls.

A L.
Principal in Kanada
Verwendete die Software für: Nicht angeboten

One of the best.

Kommentare: Pro:
Open Dental (OD) is one of best dental practice management software (DPMS) with a very affordable cost. One license fee for the whole office instead of the per module, per workstation licensing scheme for other software. Once the initial license fee is paid, additional payments is for updating, not to keep operating the software (some DPMS have an expiry date which forces the user to pay the license fee for another period to keep operating it). Imagine shutting down your office or transferring to another DPMS and having to pay the license fee for the span of years required by law to have the charts available in case of board inquiry or file transfer to another office.
OD is updated frequently and has a feedback system to implement the most popular requests. The source code is available so if the company ever shuts down, the software will survive because other developers can assume development. It is also very robust and any glitches are quickly addressed in the next version. It doesn't need the most advanced hardware and can function relatively well will hardware that are 2-3 generations old. It doesn't need a full fledge server and can function in network peer to peer mode with Windows home (i.e. no domain) or in Server/client with different flavors of Windows server/Windows professional or ultimate (i.e. domain mode).
Con: no turnkey installation unless one has a secondary service company in the area who is familiar with the software. Familiarity with computer system would ease installation greatly.

Lauren B.
office manager in USA

Open dental

Kommentare: I have enjoed the customization of this tool. The tech support has been better then I have experienced. My favorite aspect is that open dental is open source which makes it very flexible and robust in it's capacity.

Customization

So many functions I could use more training

Aubrey S.
Call Center Rep in
Medizinische Praxis, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

So easy a child could use it

Kommentare: I came into the dental field knowing absolutely nothing about dentistry. Open dental makes it super easy to learn from and to navigate from task to task. We have other offices that use dentrix, and I can not stand trying to use that. Open dental is definitely the best for any dentist office.

Everything is color coordinated. It's very easy to use that my 2 year old could figure it out. It's like connect the dots but for dental.

Support some times can be slow in responding to our needs when the systems go down, but it is very rare when this happens and when it does, I completely understand because they always end up fixing it within the 24-48 hour time frame.