Über Open Dental

Leistungsstarke, flexible und erschwingliche Management-Software für Zahnarztpraxen. Eine umfassende Lösung für Zahnarztpraxen.

Erfahre mehr über Open Dental

I would definitely recommend this software. I know that is integrated quite easily with our existing digital xray system though I was not involved in getting that set up.

Of course, it was timely to set-up but not difficult for staff to get the hang of the software. Some links to windows were difficult to get used to at first.

Bewertungen zu Open Dental

Open Dental hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,6 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 77 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Open Dental bereits verwendet?

Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

The Best Practice Management Software

Kommentare: Open Dental manages all of our schedule, records, and manage claims and payments. I couldn't practice without it.

I've used Dentrix and Eaglesoft before using Open Dental, and have to say that Open Dental is by far the best. Everything is straightforward, it's simple to learn, and very customizable. Managing patient records and tracking claims and payments is a breeze. Their customer support is incredibly helpful, and the backlog of webinars and videos are the perfect training tools for someone learning the software. On top of the great functionality, the cost is incredibly affordable and makes selecting Open Dental a no brainer.

The only downside that I've experienced is that some things take extra steps to reverse if you've made a mistake. Other than that, it's very easy to use.

Antwort von Open Dental Software

Thank you for the feedback - we're so happy to hear that you're capitalizing on the customization options in the software and using all our training resources! We'll continue to work hard to make Open Dental the best value on the market. Welcome to the Open Dental community :)

Nate
Dentist in USA

DO IT

Kommentare: Overall, this is an easy decision. I highly recommend Open Dental. I have used others, and Open Dental is by far the best out there. It is the cheapest, easiest, and most simple out there. There are many features that makes it amazing. SWITCH today.

The most easy answer all day. GET OPEN DENTAL. It is the best and easiest dental software that you will ever use! Seriously, listen to me. GET OPEN DENTAL. I have used Dentrix, Eaglesoft, and others and Open Dental is by far the easiest to use. The support is AMAZING. you never hear about this with any company, but this company is great at answering questions.

There is not ONE thing that I do not like about Open Dental. They are a great company and a great software.

Antwort von Open Dental Software

Thank you for your kind words, Doctor! We are happy your experience has been stellar, that's always our goal. We look forward to continuing to serve you as your practice grows :)

Andrew
dentist in Kanada

Unsatisfactory

Kommentare: Other reviewers write that they came from Dentrix. I find this add. That is the opposite of my experience.
User cannot simultaneously open Chart and schedule book. Try writing patient note and look something up in the schedule - not possible.
Set the procedure complete in Chart and nothing. You also necessarily need to add it to appointment procedures and complete from Schedule book. What a waste of time. Clinical notes and completed/planned procedures are displayed in the same window - it's a pain to find and add notes. Overall, I don't find Open Dental intuitive. I miss many features from Dentrix where modules are clearly separated and easy to navigate. I would not recommend.

Ability to text patients from within. Quick online support with chat option.

It lack usability. Features are outdated.

Annie
Insurance Co-Cordinator in USA

Open Dental

Kommentare: I have been working with Open Dental for 8 years and it's amazing. Easy to use and easy to teach and learn for new employees.

It is easy to use, teach and learn.

You cannot open two windows at a time.

vor 4 Monaten

Hi Annie - thank you so much for your kind words! We wanted to let you know that you can Open multiple "instances" of Open Dental by opening the software multiple times - this way, you can have several windows open at once :) Our Support Team can offer other great tips or answer any questions you may have - feel free to reach out.

Lori
Office Mgr in USA
Medizinische Praxis, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Everything you need, nothing you don't.

Kommentare: There is a learning curve, but if you take the time to explore the features, you will find the solution to nearly every problem you have ever come across. If not, it's probably in the next update.

Clearly designed by people that understand dentistry.

Price of eservices. Specifically text and emails.

Antwort von Open Dental Software

Thank you for your kind words and the feedback, as we are always looking for ways to improve. We look forward to supporting your practice for years to come!

Brad
Operations Manager in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

We love Open Dental!

One of the things we love most about Open Dental is how customizable it is. In so many areas of the software, we can make it look and feel exactly how we want. Their customer service is amazing. We can call or chat with them any time and always get a timely response.

We have used Open Dental for about 5 years and have never had any huge problems. If/when there are issues, they do a great job addressing them in the next update.

Antwort von Open Dental Software

Thank you for your kind words, and we're so glad you've had such a great experience, that is very gratifying to hear! We look forward to serving you for many years to come.

Danielle
Front Office Team Leader in USA
Medizinische Praxis, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Software is easy to use

Kommentare: Great, we have had no problems with this program.

Open Dental has so many great features! There customer service department is top notch and if you need anything they make sure there is a report or they fix any problems.

There really isn't anything that our office doesn't like about this product, they are always updating and making it easier to use and understand!

Antwort von Open Dental Software

Thank you for the kind words, Danielle :) We look forward to continuing to provide you with great features and the top-notch support you deserve!

xochitl
xochitl
Manager in USA

Great dental software.

Kommentare: You can use this to set up your office in a digital format. From patient forms to monthly reports. It works well with other programs, too.

It's open source, which I love, therefore, I'm able to change, adjust and add forms, lab slips, charting and much more. Reports are easy and the selection is great. The interface is user friendly and quick to learn. The fees are minimal, if desired to have support, to free. The are certain programs that can be purchased or added for a fee, mobile view, e-claims etc.

I don't like that only one section can be opened at a time. You can't have the patient chart and the schedule open at the same time.

Antwort von Open Dental Software

Thank you for the great review. Note that you mention that you can only open one section at a time. Some areas do allow this, but for the main windows that do not, simply open multiple instances. I always keep two instances open so that if I am about to check someone out, for instance, yet I want to work on another account or take incoming calls, I can do both at once! (Nathan, CEO Open Dental)

Rex
Rex
Computer-Software, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great Software at a Great Price!

Kommentare: Open Dental has been great, and hoping to expand with the software as we open more offices. The features are in depth and offer us the abilty to use technology to stay current with innovations. Playing to use the 3D features and online appointments.

Open Dental has so many features, and the ability to add features with modules was a key reason we decided to go with them in a new clinic. The ability to network our entire system and not getting hit with expensies for needing multipe license was a strong reason for us to use Open Dental.

Not cloud based. Hoping that they move to a cloud based system in the near future. The security features of cloud based would really help us to stay HIPPA compliant without having to spend so much time securing data, backups, etc.

Isabel
Hausmeisterservice, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

5,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: Open Dental is user Friendly, and easy to understand

What i love most about Open Dental the A/R part for billing reasons

I really do not have any dislikes a bout Open Dental

Priscilla
Hygienist in USA
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Very easy to use and customize

I like the call buttons - we have customized it with audio so it has become an intercom system

I would like an easy way to organize the progress notes instead of scrolling through them

letztes Jahr

Thank you for your feedback, Priscilla, glad to hear the call buttons are working well for you! Chart Views can be used to organize and filter progress notes and there is a search feature too. Please reach out to our support team, they will be glad to help you customize this for your needs! https://opendental.com/contact.html

Katelyn
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Easy software to use! Very clean layout!

Kommentare: Treatment plans are simple to explain to the patient with the tooth chart! Very easy to use! The first software I ever used while training to be an office manager! Our doctor loved the price of the software!

Very easy to use! I had never worked in a dental office before and was trained to use Open Dental! Reports were very easy to get to for the Doctor!

The accounts were sometimes confusing to read, BUT the customer service was amazing to help us figure it all out!

Antwort von Open Dental Software

Thank you for your thoughtful review Katelyn. If anyone ever does have issues with our support, our management team, programmers and CEO (me) are available to be escalated to. -Nathan Sparks

alaa
dentist in USA

open dental

Kommentare: with no previous experience of any software, my staff and myself are able learn and use the software very quickly , this is very helpful specially when we get a new staff member.

ease of use and customer support are amazing

I really could not think of anything in particular that bothers me from the software

Blanca

Great dental software

Easy to customize and feature-rich. You can tailor it to what you want

Monthly support costs, but you don’t have to pay this fee

Antwort von Open Dental Software

Thank you for the feedback, Blanca! We look forward to serving the needs of your practice and staff :)

Katie
Katie
Virtual Administrative Consultant in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Would Never Recommend Anything Else!

Kommentare: Love it, love it, love it!

Honestly, can’t say enough! Ease of use, accessibility to all features, ledger is simple/easy to understand, payment allocation is perfect, customization is amazing. Not one thing I DONT LIKE ABOUT!!

I honestly can’t think of one single thing I don’t like about it. Especially since I’m at an office that uses Dentrix.

hannah
Call Center Mananger in
Medizinische Praxis, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Open Dental is highly Recommended

Open Dental is very easy to navigate. I have used other softwares Eaglesoft and Dentrix. Eaglesoft is very similar to Open Dental. Dentrix has a 1 Star rating compared to Open Dental. Open Dental has a up to date look and the features are non comparison to others. You would have to see for yourself. The ease of setting templates to your schedules, adding patients, viewing notes, creating reports, the list can go on and on.

This could be a server problem but we have a very large company and when connecting remotely from another location the system runs very slow.

Kandhappan
Indien
, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

OpenDental is the best software out there

Kommentare: I have been using open dental for almost 12 years now and It comes across as the most configurable and customizable dental software.If someone couldn't figure out how to customise a flexible software could only be attributed to the lack of motivation or ability to put into good use, a strong workhorse

You name it -Once the modules are customised as per the Practices requirements then it is a breeze Has almost all the features any dentist could ask for and are upgrading on daily basis

Yes they have some features, which are in the process of being implemented through time

Jenny
Revenue Cyle Posting in
Medizinische Praxis, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Easy to learn and use

Able to search multiple offices at one time Easy to learn the software Easy to find the areas of the patient chart that is needed

Occasionally have issues with getting the appointment area open to find a patient account that is needed

Jennifer

Open Dental

Easy to use. All the information is easy to view from one patient screen.

Takes a bit of time to get use too, but what new software doesnt.

Dominic
Dominic
Software Developer in Philippinen
, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Nice apps for dental clinic scheduling

The tooth charting is very important feature that can be stored and also can import the dental x Ray then can full out any time

I did like this apps because only a windows based i recommend to have web based for this that accessible by online users

Neal
Dentist in USA

Good software for price

after 12 months don’t have to pay for software

Hard to use not as intuitive as dentrix

Antwort von Open Dental Software

Thank you for the feedback, Dr. K, and welcome to the Open Dental community! If there are aspects of the software that are challenging, we welcome more specific feedback, as we are always looking to improve our software and our free learning resources. We look forward to serving you and your practice.

evelyn
receptionist in USA

very convenient

This software is very organized and very easy to use the features are so convenient for reminders on patients management

too many features to choose from. its better to get trained to use all the features

Antwort von Open Dental Software

Thank you Evelyn! If you ever do have an issue, you can always escalate to management as needed. I appreciate your kind review. Nathan Sparks CEO Open Dental

Kathy
Office Manager in

We love Open Dental

Kommentare: We are a single dentist practice that converted in September. The conversion went smooth, the system is very user friendly. Anything that we can't figure out is easily and promptly answered by their support staff. Even on Saturdays and Holidays.

very user friendly yet has the capability to provide what we need.

Have not run across anything yet!

Mykola
DMD in USA
Medizinische Praxis, Selbstständig

Don't waste money

Not bad for small office if you do not plan to grow

be careful,they change the price without warning and then deceive that they talked about it!

Jennifer
Dental Hygienist in USA

Very easy software to learn!

The icons are very large and it is easy to find what you are looking for. The first time I used it I felt like I had used it several times before!

I feel that there are too many steps in order to get to things such as the "notes" section. I had to write the steps down at first so I would remember.