Open Dental Erfahrungen

Über Open Dental

Leistungsstarke, flexible und erschwingliche Management-Software für Zahnarztpraxen. Eine umfassende Lösung für Zahnarztpraxen.

Erfahre mehr über Open Dental

Of course, it was timely to set-up but not difficult for staff to get the hang of the software. Some links to windows were difficult to get used to at first.

Bewertungen zu Open Dental

Open Dental hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,6 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 70 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Open Dental bereits verwendet?

Katie
Katie
Virtual Administrative Consultant in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Would Never Recommend Anything Else!

Kommentare: Love it, love it, love it!

Honestly, can’t say enough! Ease of use, accessibility to all features, ledger is simple/easy to understand, payment allocation is perfect, customization is amazing. Not one thing I DONT LIKE ABOUT!!

I honestly can’t think of one single thing I don’t like about it. Especially since I’m at an office that uses Dentrix.

President in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

The Best Practice Management Software

5,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: Open Dental manages all of our schedule, records, and manage claims and payments. I couldn't practice without it.

I've used Dentrix and Eaglesoft before using Open Dental, and have to say that Open Dental is by far the best. Everything is straightforward, it's simple to learn, and very customizable. Managing patient records and tracking claims and payments is a breeze. Their customer support is incredibly helpful, and the backlog of webinars and videos are the perfect training tools for someone learning the software. On top of the great functionality, the cost is incredibly affordable and makes selecting Open Dental a no brainer.

The only downside that I've experienced is that some things take extra steps to reverse if you've made a mistake. Other than that, it's very easy to use.

vor 2 Monaten

Thank you for the feedback - we're so happy to hear that you're capitalizing on the customization options in the software and using all our training resources! We'll continue to work hard to make Open Dental the best value on the market. Welcome to the Open Dental community :)

Andrew
dentist in Kanada

Unsatisfactory

Kommentare: Other reviewers write that they came from Dentrix. I find this add. That is the opposite of my experience.
User cannot simultaneously open Chart and schedule book. Try writing patient note and look something up in the schedule - not possible.
Set the procedure complete in Chart and nothing. You also necessarily need to add it to appointment procedures and complete from Schedule book. What a waste of time. Clinical notes and completed/planned procedures are displayed in the same window - it's a pain to find and add notes. Overall, I don't find Open Dental intuitive. I miss many features from Dentrix where modules are clearly separated and easy to navigate. I would not recommend.

Ability to text patients from within. Quick online support with chat option.

It lack usability. Features are outdated.

Lori
Office Mgr in USA
Medizinische Praxis, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Everything you need, nothing you don't.

Kommentare: There is a learning curve, but if you take the time to explore the features, you will find the solution to nearly every problem you have ever come across. If not, it's probably in the next update.

Clearly designed by people that understand dentistry.

Price of eservices. Specifically text and emails.

vor 3 Monaten

Thank you for your kind words and the feedback, as we are always looking for ways to improve. We look forward to supporting your practice for years to come!

Nate

DO IT

Kommentare: Overall, this is an easy decision. I highly recommend Open Dental. I have used others, and Open Dental is by far the best out there. It is the cheapest, easiest, and most simple out there. There are many features that makes it amazing. SWITCH today.

The most easy answer all day. GET OPEN DENTAL. It is the best and easiest dental software that you will ever use! Seriously, listen to me. GET OPEN DENTAL. I have used Dentrix, Eaglesoft, and others and Open Dental is by far the easiest to use. The support is AMAZING. you never hear about this with any company, but this company is great at answering questions.

There is not ONE thing that I do not like about Open Dental. They are a great company and a great software.

Antwort von Open Dental Software

Thank you for your kind words, Doctor! We are happy your experience has been stellar, that's always our goal. We look forward to continuing to serve you as your practice grows :)

Brad
Operations Manager in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

We love Open Dental!

One of the things we love most about Open Dental is how customizable it is. In so many areas of the software, we can make it look and feel exactly how we want. Their customer service is amazing. We can call or chat with them any time and always get a timely response.

We have used Open Dental for about 5 years and have never had any huge problems. If/when there are issues, they do a great job addressing them in the next update.

vor 3 Monaten

Thank you for your kind words, and we're so glad you've had such a great experience, that is very gratifying to hear! We look forward to serving you for many years to come.

xochitl
xochitl
Manager in USA

Great dental software.

Kommentare: You can use this to set up your office in a digital format. From patient forms to monthly reports. It works well with other programs, too.

It's open source, which I love, therefore, I'm able to change, adjust and add forms, lab slips, charting and much more. Reports are easy and the selection is great. The interface is user friendly and quick to learn. The fees are minimal, if desired to have support, to free. The are certain programs that can be purchased or added for a fee, mobile view, e-claims etc.

I don't like that only one section can be opened at a time. You can't have the patient chart and the schedule open at the same time.

Antwort von Open Dental Software

Thank you for the great review. Note that you mention that you can only open one section at a time. Some areas do allow this, but for the main windows that do not, simply open multiple instances. I always keep two instances open so that if I am about to check someone out, for instance, yet I want to work on another account or take incoming calls, I can do both at once! (Nathan, CEO Open Dental)

Mary

Very User Friendly

Very easy to learn and implement. Very user friendly

I would prefer the ability to have multiple windows open at the same time to be able to go back and forth.

vor 3 Monaten

Thank you for the review Mary! To have multiple windows open, simply open multiple instances of Open Dental. To do this, just open the program, then open it again, and again, etc. - each copy of the program can be re-sized so you can work in multiple windows simultaneously. Feel free to reach out to our support team for any other questions!

Blanca

Great dental software

5,0 letzten Monat Neu

Easy to customize and feature-rich. You can tailor it to what you want

Monthly support costs, but you don’t have to pay this fee

letzten Monat

Thank you for the feedback, Blanca! We look forward to serving the needs of your practice and staff :)

Neal

Good software for price

5,0 letzten Monat Neu

after 12 months don’t have to pay for software

Hard to use not as intuitive as dentrix

letzten Monat

Thank you for the feedback, Dr. K, and welcome to the Open Dental community! If there are aspects of the software that are challenging, we welcome more specific feedback, as we are always looking to improve our software and our free learning resources. We look forward to serving you and your practice.

Jennifer
Director of Operations in USA

User Friendly and Completely Customizable

Kommentare: Switching programs has allowed us to expand the digital aspect of our patient's charts, completely eliminating the need for paper charts at all!

Open Dental promotes itself as completely customizable and that's absolutely correct. If there's a feature they don't have, you can pay to have it created, or if enough people vote to have it created, their developers will add the feature! You can run a Query (custom report) for just about any possible scenario, and save it as a favorite for future use. It's incredibly user friendly, between the customer support team, online manual, and YouTube video tutorials, you'll feel like a pro in no time at all! You can set up additional training and their team is always friendly and approachable. Very happy to have found this software at a decent price!

Features can sometimes take a while, especially if you're just trying to vote on them. Occasionally things are labeled or located in areas you wouldn't expect, or called something unusual. For instance, if you want to add a user, you have to go into "security", which took me FOREVER to find!

Antwort von Open Dental Software

Thank you for the great review, Jennifer - we're happy to play in role in helping you be paperless! For quick questions like you had with adding a user, please feel free to use online chat to get a quick answer right away. We look forward to continuing to help you maximize all the tools in the software.

Michelle
Financial Coordinator in USA

Open Dental Review

Kommentare: My overall experience with Open Dental has been great. The software is easy to use and reliable. The accounting section is full of every report you could ever need and, if by chance there’s a report that you want that isn’t on the list, Open Dental will create it for you.
I feel as if Open Dental has been a huge part of the success of our practice.

Open Dental is so easy to use. I like how clearly the process of entering a patient’s information, insurance, etc. is. Each part of a patient’s chart is clearly separated into easy-to-identify sections for each part of a dental office…hygiene, restorative, billing, etc. I especially like how clearly Open Dental processes insurance and insurance payments. The software designers are forward-thinking, and because they are open to customers’ ideas and suggestions, they are always bringing in new and exciting features. Best of all, their customer service is easily reachable by several different options and is fast and fantastic.

I don’t feel as if there is anything I don’t like about using Open Dental. It is so much more user-friendly than any other software I have ever used.

Stanislav
Dentist/Owner in USA
Medizinische Praxis, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

My Server Crashed and Open Dental came to my rescue!!

Kommentare: So, my physical server just crashed this past Tuesday the 1st of January 2019. The 2 of the 3 hard-drives on the server were corrupted, last one barely had accessible data. The other backup, the "Cloud" back up would not sync, there was an issue with the password that could not be recovered. I was dead in the water. I got on the phone with rep from Open Dental. This guy is top rate IT man, he knows the software, the code, etc. An emergency data recovery team was able to get rep a semi corrupted, semi correct version of my data and he put it all back together for the office. Rep and his team worked hard and now i'm back up and running. I could not have asked for better customer support. By the way, the only way Rep was able to allocate his resources towards my project was an OK from the CEO, so rep was literally on the phone with the CEO and who okay his staffs' time. So the company has an empathetic leader, who allowed the allocation of much of his resources to rebuild my database. I would have lost all my patient's data, the appointments, the amount the they paid me, the existing treatment plans, the previous work done, it would have just been a disaster for my business, literally starting over with nothing. public service announcement: just because you run back ups doesn't mean you shouldn't physically test them to make sure you have access to the data. Back to Open Dental, the CEO and IT team lead by rep and saved my business, I'm extremely grateful. Again, Open Dental is a top notch company with top notch staff!!!!

Amazingly easy to use and constantly being updated with latest versions, you don't need to wait for a new full release, like some other dental software programs. Open dental techs just update your software with new features when they develop them. The software is free and the monthly IT fee is 110% worth it.

Its really difficult to find any cons with a software that is personalized. If you do find an issue, the IT team calls you back withing 10mins and there is almost nothing that they can't work out for you by use of screen sharing etc.

Robert
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

OUTSTANDING; SUPERB; FIRST RATE; TERRIFIC; NUMERO UNO. OPEN DENTAL IS THE BEST!!!

Kommentare: We have been using Open Dental since 2009 and love the program. It is incredibly robust and does everything we need and more. Open Dental enabled us to become a paperless, chartless practice.
Customer support is second to none. They are extremely attentive to their customers needs. Updates are continually being released, not just once every year or more.
True story. I once called the customer support line. I reached their voice mail and since it was almost closing time I didn't bother to leave a message, I figured I would call back the next day. Well I'm sitting at my desk and the phone rings and I see it is area code 503. So I pick up and the person says, "This is Open Dental. How can we help you? I was blown away. I asked him how he know I called and he said he saw my number on their caller ID. Well, how many companies call you back even when you DIDN'T leave a message? That is how dedicated they are to customer satisfaction. Another time, I had a serious problem after a windows upgrade and couldn't get OD to work. They spent hours remotely working on my machine and escalated it to their top techies. And it was really a problem with Windows not Open Dental that caused the problem. No where else would you get that kind of service. I was so grateful for all their efforts I found a pizza place near them on the internet and ordered several pizzas and had them delivered. I don't know anybody who uses Open Dental who doesn't love the company and the software.

Extremely customizable. You can create queries and get just about any information you want out of the database. You can be truly paperless and chart-less. It doesn't take long to learn the ins and outs. The software is constantly being improved. They take suggestions and advice from their users and try to implement what the users ask for. They even have a system where you can vote on feature that you and other users post, and the ones with the most votes get the top priority. It is not expensive.

The are growing so fast I worry that they will lose some of the feeling of being a small, intimate company. So far that hasn't been a problem.

Sumeet
CEO in USA
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Open Dental

Kommentare: Overall, excellent experience with Open Dental. The clean and user-friendly platform makes it easy to use and implement.

User friendly, simple and clean interface.

X-rays and patient communication tools - confirmations/reminders.

vor 5 Monaten

We're glad you like our user-friendly interface! Please be sure to talk with our support technicians - our imaging module is now able to capture x-ray images, and we bridge to hundreds of other programs. Also ask them about our affordable eServices that have the patient communication tools you mentioned - they are available to our users on support.

Aubri
Office manager in USA

Dental Software for Real People

So easy to use. Easy to learn. All questions can be answered with a simple google search. If not, you can call and the support team will call you right back with an answer. No spending hours on the phone on hold like with some other software companies.

Nothing, open dental is constantly improving their product.

Danielle
Front Office Team Leader in USA
Medizinische Praxis, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Software is easy to use

Kommentare: Great, we have had no problems with this program.

Open Dental has so many great features! There customer service department is top notch and if you need anything they make sure there is a report or they fix any problems.

There really isn't anything that our office doesn't like about this product, they are always updating and making it easier to use and understand!

Antwort von Open Dental Software

Thank you for the kind words, Danielle :) We look forward to continuing to provide you with great features and the top-notch support you deserve!

Teresa
Practice Administrator in USA

Far superior product!!!!

Kommentare: Our overall experience with Open Dental is that it is a far superior dental software and i have used, Easy dent, Dentrix, Eaglesoft and none of these can hold a candle to Open dental

This software make's my life so much easier as an administrator. The accounts are easy to read. Billing and insurance payments are a breeze, as well as emailing directly from the account if patient owes after putting in insurance payments.

I would like to see an option for printing or emailing the entre families appointments on paper or email.. (not at the end of statements) This would really help with with our patients keeping appointments.

vor 4 Monaten

Thank you for your kind words, Teresa, and we always appreciate feedback too! Our eReminder service (free to customers on support) allows you to set up an automated email reminder to be sent out to your patients - and it can be set up to send the whole family's appointment reminders together for same-day appointments. Please talk with our support team, they'll be happy to help you get everything set up to suit your needs :) You can also use our Feature Request system to ask for a way to print all upcoming family appointments. Thanks again for your support!

Chief Operating Officer, and HIPAA Privacy Officer in USA

Open Dental is an amazing piece of software, with excellent support and customization

Kommentare: Much, much less time on hold for support. Much less reason to even call support. This program is incredibly well made, and just works. It's super easy to install, and it integrates with pretty much all of the imaging software that's out there. Make no mistake - you can not go wrong with Open Dental.

Being that this is an open source program for dental practice management, there are a wide variety of plug-ins and customization that are out there. Also, the support is amazing. Many of our clients use Open Dental, and we support it in our business. When you call for support, they'll remember your name, and there's barely any hold-time when comparing to Schein or Patterson, which can have 30+ minutes of hold time at times. Open Dental has a lot of reports that you can run as well, and it's easier in comparison to some of the competitors. This is by far our favorite dental practice management software, and we use and support all of them. The cost is fair as well. This software has incredible value.

There's not much I don't like about this software, since it's so easy to install and to use. I would say the biggest con, is that when people are changing software to open dental, there's a bit of a steep learning curve. However, that's true of all dental practice management software.

Blanca
Office manager in USA

Very easy to use

Very easy to use. A great value when compared to other dental software. Much easier to use and tweak

Don’t like how you have to pay monthly for support

vor 9 Monaten

Thank you for your feedback, Blanca. So glad you're finding the software easy to use and customize. We find the 12-month support contract helps practices be more successful by giving practice staff help when they need it as they learn the software. Being on support also means you have access to eServices, and there is no additional cost for software updates (released about 4 times/year) and updated CDT codes each year. We hope you'll find that to be a great value for our practice as well!

Pamela

No monthly fees

Kommentare: Great software, not in love with their support department

I like the ease-of-use and the lack of monthly recurring costs. Open Dental is actually very powerful, and other software can be integrated within.

I don’t like how if you sign up for their support service, they charge you for at least six months.

Antwort von Open Dental Software

Thank you for your review, Pam! We've found that offices that are on support for their first year are more successful in the long run, as they learn to maximize the tools in the software to streamline operations, boost efficiency, and minimize errors. Thanks for your feedback!

Katelyn
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Easy software to use! Very clean layout!

Kommentare: Treatment plans are simple to explain to the patient with the tooth chart! Very easy to use! The first software I ever used while training to be an office manager! Our doctor loved the price of the software!

Very easy to use! I had never worked in a dental office before and was trained to use Open Dental! Reports were very easy to get to for the Doctor!

The accounts were sometimes confusing to read, BUT the customer service was amazing to help us figure it all out!

Antwort von Open Dental Software

Thank you for your thoughtful review Katelyn. If anyone ever does have issues with our support, our management team, programmers and CEO (me) are available to be escalated to. -Nathan Sparks

Susan
office manager in USA
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

VERY user friendly. Great software.

Kommentare: Great.

We transitioned to this software after our practice was sold to a new dentist. I was very scared about changing software but after about two weeks (without any training) we were using it like we had been using it for years. It is so user friendly. I was very happy with patient check in, check out, adding insurances, and making treatment plans. I would definitely recommend this software. I know that is integrated quite easily with our existing digital xray system though I was not involved in getting that set up. I just know the transition was very smooth.

I can't think of any problems other than our particular doctor did not provide training. I am not sure if Open Dental providers training. Maybe Youtube video tutorials at the minimum. But again it is so user friendly, it did not take long to figure out.

letztes Jahr

Thank you for the kind words, Susan - we're so glad you were able to make the switch easily and have learned things so quickly! We have loads of training videos on our YouTube Channel if you would like to enhance your learning, and our support team is always just a call or chat away if you have any questions :)

Nancy
officer manager in USA

Open Dental

Kommentare: Great relationship with many support people, who are more than willing to deal with my many, many calls.

The ease of use and support people. I've never had an issue that couldn't be resolved, one way or another. If one tech didn't get it figured out, I was conferenced in with another so the three of us could get issue resolved.

I can't think of anything at this time. There may be something, but it the whole scheme of things, it's not registering with me at this time.

stan
dentist in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

open dental

Kommentare: What is great is the human error is minimized when payment is received and credited in multiple places correctly.

The open dental practice manageent software inetegrates well with other software that the office is using such as carecredit. The staff can now easily offer financing options to our patients.