Vimeo

Vimeo Bewertungen

von Vimeo

Amazing for what it does. Few rival it.

Bewertet am 15.2.2019
Brent P.
Senior Director Of Information Technology

Vorteile: We've used Vimeo Pro and Vimeo Plus plans for many years. Super customizable for embeds on sites and great stats.

Nachteile: 1) There is no customization on ALL player controls or colors in embeds, just most. If you want an auto-play video with no progress bar or overlays, look elsewhere. 2) They abide by strict DMCA copyright rules. If you have a video flagged as copyrighted 3 times, you are banned. We had 2 violations at the same time from another user due to an old ex-employee re-uploading a file for internal use and making it public. We then (like 7 years later) got flagged for a song or something and were told we had a few days of read only access to download nearly a decade's worth of content before they deleted it. WHAT?!?! No appeal process or anything. No phone number. We sent an email (the only option) which was ignored. We finally found someone on the phone who seemed surprised we had found them and managed to find out how to get one of the originally DMCA complainants to remove their complaint. Now we live on a "1-strike and we lose it all" reality. Whiff. Seems there should be some method of complaints expiring after so many years or something to avoid punishing long time users at the same rate as new users. We could open a new account, but we'd lose thousands of videos we've created. How is that fair? I get copyright protection and all, but youtube's approach is more civil.

Decent video hosting with some minor caveats

Bewertet am 16.7.2019
Vincent po B.
Managing Director & Global Chief Marketing & Technology Officer
Informationsdienst, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Vimeo's main competitors like Wistia cost so much more and for small businesses, most can't afford Wistia. Vimeo has been a fine option for video hosting, good value for money.

Nachteile: We have clients from all over the world and we found out later on that some clients couldn't view the video's hosted on Vimeo. We found out that Vimeo is banned in some countries, while that's not really their fault per se, but it is a pain in the butt as we didn't really have alternative options for video hosting for those countries.

Vimeo Review

Bewertet am 13.1.2020
Alixx N.
worship pastor
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Vimeo is my preferred way to upload videos for our church. The features are easy to understand and any changes to the website I've seen over time have not been super overwhelming. It is user friendly for our viewers and I like that I can password protect, hide videos from the public page, and embed these files into emails with ease.

Nachteile: Their customer service is lacking. They take too long to respond and are not very helpful. I don't need their help too often - but I did have a billing issue for several weeks with no assistance from their tech department.

Fantastic for Start-up Course Creators and Digital Educators

Bewertet am 29.10.2019
Marie M.
E-Learning, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I’ve loved the privacy options - some videos are shared publicly, some with a private link, some only can be embedded by me in areas I want (like courses).

Vorteile: Vimeo’s settings interface is easy to use - especially when you can create your own setting templates for various projects. I got Vimeo Pro to host course videos back in 2015 and still use them. Most platforms still require a 3rd party video host and Vimeo has been flawless to privately host course videos.

Nachteile: I wish the price was a bit lower, especially now that more course platforms host video. Still, I use Vimeo regularly and have zero complaints about how it serves our needs.

Tech support non existent

Bewertet am 8.1.2020
Jack T.
Kino & Film, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: My experience has been poor. I’ve lost my temper with tech support many times. They just don’t get it, how it should work.

Vorteile: Ability to make folders with passwords.

Nachteile: Poor tech support, slow response to customer needs, crappy app and even after you remove it from a mobile device you get prompted every time you go to play a video to download the crappy app. Inability to navigate and do all the things you do on a full browser on mobile. Slow, slow results of large showcases or folders. Needs a way to load these first as a list instead of a million images that take forever to load if you have many showcases. I could go on. I pay for many accounts that we’ve had for years and I’m tired of paying money for lack of support.

If you want professional hosting for your videos, you find it in Vimeo!

Bewertet am 19.2.2020
Philip R.
Student Pastor
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Vimeo allows us to store our videos without any fear of losing access to them and provides us with an easy ability to share them. With plenty of upload capacity each week, we have never exhausted our data.

Vorteile: Vimeo is the place to go for hosting your professional videos. Why? I love the ability to I have to completely customize how my videos are used on the web. From private to public, to embedding and having unlimited ability to live stream, to multiple users and plenty of storage to upload every week, Vimeo Premium is great! We use this service every week as an essential to our church's media presence online. They are so much more than just hosting to us. They help our workflow and sharing ability across all platforms.

Nachteile: Vimeo Premium costs $75/month. There are two cheaper packages that may suit your needs. However, you do have to be able to justify the cost.

Great for portfolio usage

Bewertet am 19.11.2019
Roberto C.
Esports Social Media Intern
Medienproduktion, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Creatives are using Vimeo and if you want more space, you won't regret in investing in Vimeo.

Vorteile: Professionals need this. This allows others the showcase their previous pieces of work. It's the standard for creatives and the paid membership is worth it.

Nachteile: To be honest, there isn't alot to complain about. My biggest issue is with the pricing. If it was a bit cheaper I'd be happy. You get what you pay for.

Largest and best online video platform

Bewertet am 30.12.2019
Camila S.
Art Director

Kommentare: If you are an artist, producer, art director, filmmaker, or anyone else and need to find high quality reference content or a place to exhibit your work, surely opt for vimeo.

Vorteile: For me vimeo is the biggest and best online video platform available. You can upload content for free, find videos of unquestionable quality that are not available anywhere else. It's quite comprehensive, with a tab just for reference search, another for tutorial courses, among other amazing functions. The website design is beautiful, clean and functional, making it an excellent choice for creating an audiovisual portfolio or even browsing for inspiration.

Nachteile: There is no aspect I don't like about Vimeo, it is a very complete platform. For content producers looking to viralize their videos, you may want to look for other spaces that are stronger for this purpose.

Good Quality, Fair Cost!

Bewertet am 2.11.2019
Iyad Q.
Self Employed
Medienproduktion, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Very pleasant with no issues.

Vorteile: Definately an alternative to Youtube without the advertisement and the restrictions on so many levels.
Quality and Professionally as working in the industry I already have a Vimeo Pro.

Nachteile: Did not develop fast enough to catch up with youtube but now I would say I would bet on Vimeo more than Youtube.

Amazing quality

Bewertet am 8.1.2020
Amanda S.
Ceo
Bekleidung & Mode, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Really good! I love the selection of videos and quality they offer

Vorteile: Easy to use, quality is really nice. Prefer it over YouTube. I like the variety of videos is as great mixture

Nachteile: Nothing just keep what they’re doing and they’ll get more positive reviews. YouTube is starting to suck

Vimeo for Business

Bewertet am 3.1.2019
Web and Social Media
Rundfunkmedien, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We are solving the problems of running out of storage space. This is a great way we can upload additional video. We also frequently need to send video elsewhere and we use Vimeo for that. Other businesses and platforms are able to easily see the video that we are sharing. The embed option is great! It's super easy to grab the code and go. You can also share a link to whatever video you upload right to your own social media page. This is easier than going through the trouble to directly upload a video to Facebook or Twitter which can clog their system. Vimeo Pro also gives you the option to see that "stats" on each individual video that you uploaded. It shows how many people have played your video, the impressions made, and the play rate. You can also link your Vimeo to Google Analytics to keep a closer eye. Mainly we just use Vimeo Pro for the uploading of videos itself.

Vorteile: We have been using Vimeo for your business for three years now and have never had any complaints. I work for a television news website and sometimes we need to upload additional video that our individual system does not support. That's when we turn to Vimeo. All of the videos we've uploaded have been crystal clear. We like that we're able to grab a code and paste it on our own website. It gives an option to link back to Vimeo but it isn't tacky and overwhelming. It looks neatly embedded onto our page while giving Vimeo the credit they deserve. We also like that you can customize links. This is great when we need to send a link to a video to someone who isn't in the immediate vicinity. We can change the privacy settings of Vimeo so only that person with the link can see it.

Nachteile: The only real complaint we have is that we tend to run out of storage space each week. Also, we wish there was a way to remove the large title off the top of the screen. An option to make it smaller or remove it altogether would be nice.

Secure professional video portal

Bewertet am 3.4.2018
Assistant Vice President/Instructional Designer

Kommentare: I had to move a video library of 120+ videos from an FTP server to a video hosting platform. We selected Vimeo, and couldn't be more thrilled. It was very secure and parsed uploaded files into multiple deliverables so customers would get the video sized right for the device they were using to access the video. The biggest testament to how much we believed in Vimeo is that our video library moved from just over 120 when we moved onto Vimeo to close to 700 videos in 1.5 years. We had thousands of customers accessing custom content, but never had a security breach (we could see the failed attempts from some hacking centers across the world).

Vorteile: Vimeo exceeded all expectations. When uploading videos, Vimeo would fork the file into multiple deliverables to have options to provide each user with the optimum file for their device/bandwidth. The security features were excellent. You can define passwords for videos or set specific sites that videos can be played on, but blocked from all others. There were other Intro and Outtro features that can be set with the tool (we didn't use this, but were aware of the capability). The analytics dashboard provided key details on video consumption. This allowed us to gather key information on what videos were successful and what made videos successful.

Nachteile: The one thing I would love to see offered by Vimeo is the ability to create a playlist of videos into a coordinated sequence or set of videos around a topic.

Better Than YouTube or Daily Motion...But It Should Be Because You Pay For It

Bewertet am 22.2.2019
Stuart S.
Producer/Host
Unterhaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The couple of times I've contacted Customer Service have resulted in IMMEDIATE responses...usually in less than an hour. The quality of the video streams are far superior to YouTube and Daily Motion and I like the ability to link Vimeo videos to my Roku TV channel. They provide an excellent "hosting" and storage outlet.

Vorteile: I really like the non-filtering aspect of Vimeo - they in essence let you upload and post anything you want when you have a Pro account. Because they do not get the volume of hits YouTube gets, your videos are less likely to get nitpicked to death by automatic filters that sometimes call claim to something that is definitely not owned by someone else. I've stopped posting my videos on YouTube for the most part because of their constant unwarranted, incorrect claims on MY OWN material. With Vimeo, this is not an issue.

Nachteile: Their are only a couple of drawbacks. The first is Vimeo's processing time. Once a video is uploaded, it seems like it takes a very long to post once it's processed on Vimeo's side. The longer the video, the longer the processing (obviously), but it does seem to lag behind YouTube and Daily Motion. Still, the service and quality Vimeo offers is far superior...and again, that's because you pay for it. But I have no problems with paying because the service and quality are so good. The second issue is minor - if you want your videos to reach the widest audience, the typical search engines (Google, Yahoo, etc.) do not seem to pick up the Vimeo links as often as their YouTube results. Again, this is a minor issue for me.

This Vimeo Pro platform is valuable, it does good things!

Bewertet am 18.7.2019
Adam B.
Technical Operations
Medienproduktion, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We wrote a whole website around it at one point, we are in the video production business and we wanted our videos "play everywhere" with hassle or bandwidth limits. We even had a Christmas video go viral. Vimeo handled our swelling viewership like a champ with no extra fees or charges of any kind. We got tens of thousands of views.

Vorteile: This video platform is valuable, it does good things. At first, I was a little put off and I asked myself why can't I just host these video on Youtube for free? Why should I pay for this service every month. Vimeo does some pretty great things, first and foremost, Vimeo is discreet, it doesn't add commercials before OR after your videos. You videos get full attention and you control what the end user sees. This is perfect for hosting videos on a corporate website or small Wordpress site. You can even customize how the player looks and where the videos are allowed to play. Other paid sites cost much more for the same features.

Nachteile: The internal user interface can be clunky at times, you can sometimes get lost in there. But in general, it works well and allows you to save presets on some things that make consistency easier. i.e every video has the same qualities.

I've used Vimeo Pro as a video reviewing program while working in advertising and tech.

Bewertet am 30.4.2018
Jenny M.
Brand Director
Internet, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: What I like best about Vimeo Pro are the strong control / privacy features and the video review features. Being able to control password protection, link expirations and video downloadability add so much relief when sharing and reviewing sensitive video content. The content is so secure and early versions of videos that aren't final yet don't have to be downloaded by people that shouldn't be given access to download them. I've worked in advertising and tech and I'd much rather share early rounds of video content via Vimeo Pro vs. WeTransfer or another video sending / sharing program since I can protect against their ability to download the file and accidentally use it later or confuse it for a final. So, quality control and version control are made easier simply by having the program be protected, filterable and secured. Version control is made even clearer via video review pages where you can compare video versions and detail differences among videos and even add timestamped notes right within these videos to detail these said differences. For working in video production, Vimeo Pro is top notch and really helps streamline, clarify and consolidate videos in development.

Nachteile: This isn't necessarily something I dislike but just a truth to share after videos are final my teams and I have always moved our videos to YouTube and social media vs. hosting them on Vimeo since YouTube is more universally used. My teams have known you can link Vimeo videos to YouTube, etc. and even initiate paid advertising through the Vimeo portal but for videos on YouTube and other channels but that always seemed like too much work / not worth it when you can go handle business with YouTube directly.

While cheaper options are available - Vimeo is tops in ease and quality!

Bewertet am 12.12.2017

Vorteile: Vimeo's paid offerings make it easy to upload, share, and manage large video libraries at the highest quality. It's the de-facto standard for digital screener sharing in the independent film and television sector. The admin and features are very easy to understand - and we've had no trouble training non-technical staff to set up even complicated videos with unusual combinations of security permissions.
They have robust support for privacy control, embedding, subtitling and other accessibility features.
As a major platform, most major encoders come pre-set with optimized profiles, and (in most cases) automatic upload functions available.

Nachteile: The paid offerings can sometimes be a difficult sell for very small companies/individuals as there are few services that Vimeo offers that can't be replicated by completely free alternatives (mostly via YouTube) - but the high quality and ad-free experience is often worth it.

To Share high quality professional videos!

Bewertet am 6.12.2018
Hanaa I.
Associate Video Creation

Kommentare: For a marketing company this is the best video storage. Sharing the videos across different platforms is just a single click away. We can always keep track of the video engagements and get the progress. Creating separate lists and embedding the videos have made it even more attractive for the clients to see. Best ever!

Vorteile: A part of our marketing services is video marketing. And we use a number of software to create unique and best videos for our client. And vimeo is our storage and platform which we use to share our videos. Having 200+ clients and several products means we have to create a number of videos per week. Vimeo pro allows you to upload 15+ GB per week, which is a must for us. The privacy is updated, we love that. You can make the changes on the same video and have the link not changed. That is very convenient for us when improvising ads.

Nachteile: I did have issues when looking up for old videos from profile, sometimes even if I search with the Video id, the video doesn't show up. I have to go deep into the video list to find the video.

Vimeo Pro The Best On The Market

Bewertet am 28.1.2019
Mike M.

Kommentare: Vimeo Pro is the perfect tool to use to have clients or a specific audience focus on a specific video without being inundated with ads for other products that can cause loss of interest or direct focus to another product. Vimeo Pro has the highest quality video and gives an extremely professional approach to your audience. I have used Vimeo Pro for years and find it easy to use and integrates with all platforms. Analytics, security, hosting, management and storage all of the highest quality. I would sincerely recommend Vimeo Pro as it has been the successful choice for us.

Vorteile: No ads play before the video unlike Youtube which has become saturated with ads. Videos easily embed into websites, email, or social media. This is the highest quality video product on the market.

Nachteile: Vimeo does not have the search engine force of Youtube and unfortunately does not play within an email but opens in a new window. Hopefully something can be done about the latter.

Vimeo Pro has all you need for video streaming services

Bewertet am 11.9.2019
Emre O.
Elearning Specialist
Versicherung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Excellent product. It enabled us to help our organization learn for about 5 years now.

Vorteile: Vimeo gives insights on engagement and tracks valuable data from viewers such as viewer location. We were able to confirm the engagement of our staff based on how much of each video was watched and from what branch location. Replacing video feature without having a URL change of the video has been a huge plus for updating online training materials.

Nachteile: There was a time when the player settings changed the quality of the video based on network speed. I'm not sure if this is ongoing. As admins of a learning management system, we received some complaints about "blurry videos" which was a result of the automatic reduction in the quality. As an admin, I had to customize the embed codes to lock in the higher quality.

A linchpin for my business

Bewertet am 14.5.2018
Benjamin H.
Editor

Vorteile: So many pros to list here. My favorite features are the reviews page. Giving a private link and allowing clients to make notes at specific times in the video has been hugely helpful. The ability to replace the video while maintaining the same URL is also amazing, and very helpful when managing videos linked to all kinds of sites. All the privacy options makes it easy to manage a huge portfolio. The albums feature makes it easy to organize large video lists into sections. Being able to allow downloads makes this the best platform for working with clients from start to finish. Can't praise Vimeo enough. Vimeo > Youtube

Nachteile: Occasionally, the upload will fail and replacing the video will not work, making it necessary to start over with a fresh link.

My highest recommended video tool

Bewertet am 3.10.2018
David G.
Senior Learning Technologist
E-Learning, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Stellar. Highly recommended. Essential is you need secure hosting for videos

Vorteile: Vimeo is a great video hosting platform for the cost. It has rich features inclusion very good embedding tools and stellar security. It provides good analytics on your video usage. All for a really good price. Every uploaded video is split into multiple versions so your user will have the best option displayed based on their device (why download a 1920x1080 video on a phone?). And it is intuitive. I unleashed this to a product development team at a software company and inside of 6 months they added over 500 videos to train customers and embed in our help system and training portal.

Nachteile: The one thing that vimeo doesn't have that YouTube does is auto generating CC.

Vimeo Pro - The Backbone of a Pro Video Production Team

Bewertet am 16.9.2019
Video Producer
Kino & Film, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We're solving the problem of sharing an ever-increasing amount of videos that need to be embedded and downloaded by a number of people using Vimeo Pro. Eventually we may run out of storage, but for now up to 1TB is excellent for what we need.

Vorteile: Vimeo is the rock of our video production team as far as delivering files. We love the wide variety of options we have for displaying, sharing, embedding, and downloading files. If you're a serious video producer who delivers a lot of video files, you'll need to be using Vimeo to manage your workflow. An additional favorite feature is the ability to upload directly from Dropbox, which I use all the time.

Nachteile: It's hard to find flaws- I would say that sharing collections with "team members" has been a little clunky and inconvenient for us, and I haven't yet found an effective solution for sharing a group of private videos at once instead of copying the individual links.

Vimeo Pro is a capable platform for sharing high-quality videos from your portfolio

Bewertet am 13.10.2017
Ben B.
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Vimeo is a great, low-compression digital venue to showcase artistic work that matters.

Vorteile: Vimeo Pro is, in my experience, the lowest compression video streaming service for professional use (other than just sending files directly to clients). Vimeo is a great place to hold reels, demos, and featurettes to showcase your work, as it definitely carries a quality edge over the competition. Videos look less compressed, and resolution/codec support is quite robust. Vimeo Pro is also a really neat way to meet other artists and view their work. Because Vimeo is tailored to creative uses, sifting through content is much easier than on YouTube, where there are buckets of non-artistic videos being published every second.

Nachteile: Vimeo is expensive for the service provided. Yes, Vimeo provides low compression video streaming, which matters when trying to make your best impression with clients or partners, but the price seems high when the chief competitors are free. Also, Vimeo's mobile website and apps are consistently buggy. Performance is slow, the site often crashes (tested on various mobile devices), and sometimes videos scale incorrectly when in fullscreen. Lastly, Vimeo has not innovated as much as competitors. Though the site is generally more attractive, and the UI is easy to use, things have not changed much in the time since I began using it. This might mean the developers are not seeking for long-term growth.

Share your work with the rest of the WORLD!

Bewertet am 11.8.2019
Joe M.
Activities Assistant
Kino & Film, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I upload the videos and films that I have made to Vimeo. Then use it as a platform to house the videos on my website or to show clients some of my past work. I love the way the compression doesn't mess with quality, and there are no ads or anything getting in the way, which is a problem I ran into with Youtube.

Vorteile: The compression is one that doesn't hurt the quality of the film. You have a safe, more professional place to house your videos to share on your website, or with clients. It is perfect for any professional video maker out there.

Nachteile: The problems I had at the beginning have since been fixed so as of now I have no problems!

It just plain works!

Bewertet am 25.4.2019
Administrator
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Vimeo has given my church a wonderful place to host our service videos as well as special video projects. It’s a clean, sleek, and professional environment that doesn’t have the distractions of YouTube. It’s simple to share or embed Vimeo videos, and it works great every time! It just plain works. And their customer support is stellar! I’ve only had to contact them on a couple different occasions in the five years I’ve been using their service, but they were great both times! I would recommend Vimeo to anyone. YouTube is free, but if you have it in the budget, Vimeo is the better option.

Vorteile: I love the simplicity that Vimeo has engineered into the backend of their platform while maintaining vast customization options. Everything is easy to find, easy to learn, and easy to customize. It’s very user-intuitive and you can tell a lot of thought and effort has gone into making it that way.

Nachteile: The search feature on the front end has much to be desired. I’ve never really been able to get the hang of it. Maybe I’m doing it wrong, but it doesn’t seem nearly as effective as YouTube’s searching, for example. In the very least, it’s not as user-intuitive.