Review on Genbook

Bewertet am 9.12.2019
Imani B.
Salon Owner & Stylist
Verbraucherdienste, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Overall I’m very happy with genbook. I haven’t had any mishaps or slip ups.

Vorteile: I love that my clients can book more than one service at a time, they can’t book any time, and that my book is also a smart book so it doesn’t double book for me it manages out my time and also, jane book asked my customers for reviews and makes it very easy and self-explanatory to use. I also like the announcement ouI love that my clients can book more than one service at a time, they can’t book any time, and that my book is also a smart book so it doesn’t double book for me it manages out my time and also, jane book ask my customers for reviews it makes it very easy and self-explanatory to use. I also like the announcement add on.

Nachteile: I don’t like that we can’t block anyone from booking. I also don’t like that genbook is partnered with stripe, stripe takes Way to much money for a fee.

Simple & Effective

Andrew M.
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I love the ease of using Genbook. Not only setting it up from my end, but the ease that it affords my clients too. From service selection, to booking, and making payments I love that my customers can do it all with just a few clicks. Genbook's automation and seamless interface has not only helped me grow my business, but it makes it so easy!

Vorteile: Seamless integration with Stripe. They DON'T use PayPal.
Not having to be a middle man with scheduling or taking payments.
Being able to add a "Book Now" button to my site and social media accounts.
The ease of set up, use, and customization.
Being able to add specific hours of operation to different days of the week.

Nachteile: Not being able to update my time zone/location manually (I have to email tech support for this to happen and I move A LOT)
Not being able to offer coupon/promo codes (seriously this is a HUGE fail and seems like a no-brainer)
Some of the interface is a bit fiddly and over wrought, but is getting better. Often the features feel like they were built by someone who ISN'T an entrepreneur, but is a coding expert who is really impressed with their own coding abilities.
VThe calendar integration (linking my Gmail calendar) is nice that it populates from Genbook->Gmail, but to be TRULY amazing they would also create a way to populate my Genbook calendar via Gmail.

Hi Andrew,

We are so grateful for your kind words. Thanks for sharing your review with us and the community.

We are thrilled that you are happy with our service; the team here at Genbook will definitely be happy to read what you wrote.

We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day.

Thank you for also sharing some of the ways we can improve, we continue to invest in our product experience and have added this to our current feature and update requests.

Cass on behalf of the Genbook team

My life changed after adding Genbook to my business

Kelli A.
Chiropractore
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Genbook has not only increased my patient volume, but it has given me so much freedom. I used to just sit in my studio during office hours...just in case I had a walk in. Now, I can block out a section of time and go run an errand. If I don't have a patient scheduled first thing in the morning, I can take my time. I recently decided to take ukulele lessons, but it conflicted with my schedule. No problem, I just blocked out some time and I got to take those lessons.

Vorteile: Genbook is like have a full time employee that works 24/7 and never makes a mistake. It allows my patients to make (and change) appointments any time of the night and day. No phone messages, no waiting, no wondering if they can get in to see me. No feelings of guilt for changing their appointment 3 times. My patient appointments went up immediately when I started using Genbook. My patients tell me that they love this system.

Nachteile: Patients complain that they cannot see their account. They would like to be able to log in, see past appointments, see future appointments and be able to change appointments (as opposed to canceling an appointment, then setting up a new one). They often miss that last button to confirm their appointment. My old message about setting up their account seems to be defunct. I need to call customer support and update that.

Hi Kelli,

Fire your receptionist

Angela F.
Psychotherapist
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Genbook allows clients to book appointments online through my website with the press of a button. When I’m in session I can’t answer my phone or respond to emails, but clients can schedule with me even when I am unavailable to book appointments for them. They can even book when I am asleep or away from work! I don’t have a secretary or an admin for my office and don’t need to hire one.

Vorteile: Easy to use interface and there’s an app so I can manage appointment a from my phone. I can also charge credit cards from my phone using Stripe that come integrated with the software. Customer service has always been been helpful.

Nachteile: Over the last few years the software price jumped from $20/month to $40/month. That was a steep increase. I’m willing to pay it because it’s probably the best appointment scheduling software out there. There are certainly clunkier products that aren’t as steamlined. While I like that my clients can see what appointments I have available, it also creeps me out that anyone can go online and look at my schedule. I work in mental health and this can get weird. That’s the downside to providing an online scheduling system – no privacy.

Hi Angela,

Cass on behalf of the Genbook team

Genbook makes it so easy to for clients to schedule with me!

Theresa Z.
Rolfer
Alternative Medizin, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Genbook allows me to run my own business much more smoothly than I'd be able to without it. Because of Genbook, at least 80% of my clients handle their own scheduling, at their own convenience. This frees up so much of my time. Instead of playing phone or email tag, trying to figure out a good time that works for each and every session for each and every client, I can just live my life while my schedule fills up on its own.

Vorteile: I love the ease of setup and the flexibility I have with my schedule. It's easy to change my hours and availability. It's easy to mark when I'll be out of town. When I brought another person into my business, it was straightforward and intuitive how to do her scheduling as well. In the nine years I've been using Genbook, they've just continued to add more features and to make the software more intuitive and easy to use. Also, my clients love it. I consistently have clients telling me how easy it is to schedule through Genbook as compared to a lot of other options. Lastly, I'm so glad I have the option to request a credit card when scheduling. My no shows are almost down to zero. My frustration and wasted time are drastically reduced! Oh! And the reviews! I LOVE that Genbook automatically requests reviews from my clients after their sessions. It's been so, so helpful from a marketing perspective.

Nachteile: Every once in a while, it's glitchy and I can't log in, or a client has a conflicting time show up on their calendar. But it's rare, and lately the communication from Genbook regarding any issues has been stellar.
Oh, and I wish there was a way to connect the Genbook reviews to Yelp! or Google Reviews, or any other, more public review site. I love that the reviews are collected, I just wish more people, especially potential clients who have never scheduled with me before, could see them.

Hi Theresa,

Love Genbook

Teri K.
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I love that my clients can access my schedule 24/7/365. Online booking really frees up my time and is convenient and easy for my clients to use (especially compared to other online booking systems). I love that my clients are prompted to leave reviews - this feature has helped to bring in new clients to my business. Overall very happy with Genbook and will continue using it for years to come.

Vorteile: Very easy to set up and use. Convenient for customers to use and manage appointments. Great features. Affordable. Fantastic customer service. I've been using Genbook since it first launched and they keep adding valued features. Very reliable! I highly recommend Genbook!

Nachteile: No cons really at all. There have been a couple of times the system has gone down, but the company is on it immediately and communicates well with their customers. This can happen to any cloud based service, but over the past 10 years I've used Genbook, I can only remember it happening a couple of times.

Hi Teri,

Essential Business Tool

David L.
LMT
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Genbook solves many issues for a small business like mine, for example, online booking, managing appointments online without the need to call me. Online presence with reviews. It allows me to work simultaneously as clients manage their appointments online. This is a game changer for me! People book their appointments online from anywhere and at any time. I do not have the hassle to phone chase my busy clients.

Vorteile: Genbook allows me to run my entire company online that gives my clients an easy & efficient way to manage their appointments 24/7. It sends our a confirmation & reminders which significantly reduces missed appointments. Clients receive a followup email which they may leave a public review for others to see, creating an online presence which is key these days as more and more people utilize online tools to conduct their business. As an admin, I have full control of many settings to customize the kind of business that works best for my practice.

Nachteile: There are so many product offerings within Genbook, that for my business type, I will not use. Adding more options could mean higher costs which concerns me. So far, the pricing of Genbook remains unchanged.

Hi David,

Cass on behalf of the Genbook team

Many Lives Chinese Medicine Loves Genbook!

Beth S.
Business Owner
Medizinische Praxis, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We have been with Genbook since the very beginning and have been so impressed with the growth and the customer service. I recommend Genbook to all my fellow Acupuncturists.

Vorteile: Our patients consistantly praise Genbook for the interface and the ease of use. We, in the office love Genbook for every reason there is. It is easy to train new employees on and it is very easy to use.

Nachteile: We do not like when the software goes down. We pay for the dependability that it will always work, and while that might be asking too much, we need t to work to run our business. There have been perioeds where it has gone down for whole days and that just really screws us up. So the back end needs way more redundency.

Hi Beth,

Cass on behalf of the Genbook team

Simple, easy and the best business decision I've made.

Brooke G.
Owner/Stylist
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, Selbstständig

Kommentare: My business has grown since using this software and my life is less stressed because of it.

Vorteile: This software makes my business life so much easier. I spend very little time returning phone calls, my customers get reminders so I get less no-show appointments and the reviews constantly help attract new clients. I don't bother with advertising any longer as I am fully booked weeks in advance.

Nachteile: There are a few gaps in the software such as, I get notifications when a client books an appointment, but nothing when they cancel appointments. Seems like a simple tweak to the program, but yet it still doesn't happen. Also I would like to be able to put people on the WAIT-LIST myself. This doesn't appear to be an option. Also the wait-list window needs to be broader to cover a longer period of time rather than just a day. There have been some great improvements over the years, but some still need some help. Also I would love to see more of a web page introductory home page with a place for photos and general info about me and my business.

Hi Brooke,

This review made our day!

Good news - you can add a client to your waitlist now. Thank you for also sharing some of the ways we can improve, we continue to invest in our product experience and have added this to our current feature and update requests!

Easy & Reliable

Sienna I.
Owner/Esthetician

Kommentare: Excellent!

Vorteile: This software makes it easier for me to run my business smoothly! Clients can book an appointment at any time, 24/7! It has helped reduce "no shows" from new clients by requiring a credit card to book an appointment!

Nachteile: 1. I would LOVE it if there was an "add-on" option /drop down menu when we are booking clients in our studio.
2. I would love it if we could send out emails through genbook!

Hi Sienna,

Easy to use!

Ellen O.
Gastgewerbe, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I've been using genbook for about 10 years or more. Support is on top of their game. I feel like my voice is heard when I make suggestions. Overall, it's the best on the market in my experience!

Vorteile: I have tried other software that made it way too complicated for the client and the business. AND my clients prefer using genbook. Clients get notified before appointments and I love the new waitlist option. Keep doing what you are doing. I will never leave Genbook.

Nachteile: the things that i used to like least like not having multiple bookings has been added. so it really functions the way i like.

Hi Ellen,

Cass on behalf of the Genbook team

Happy user for almost nine years

Kelly A.
Licensed Massage Therapist
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Genbook has been easy for myself and my clients to use from day one. I’m constantly getting feedback from clients about how easy it was and how they liked being able to book whenever they wanted. Any little problems I’ve had over the years have always been taken care of very quickly through the support staff, so I never have to worry that something will go wrong and not get fixed. And I get all that ease of use and fast helpful support at a very affordable price.

Vorteile: What I like most is a hard one to narrow down. There is so much I like, mostly revolving around ease of use for both myself and my clients. But overall I’d have to say what I like most is that Genbook is always working to make their software better, in ways both big and small.

Nachteile: The only complaint I had for many years was the lack of a waitlist feature, but Genbook now has that, so honestly there isn’t anything else I dislike.

Hi Kelly,

Customer Service Is Everything

Mark D.
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I’ve gotten very angry at times, really putting the service representative though a tongue lashing. Not because I’m mean or wanting to be a jerk, but because my business is counting on them. The great thing is Genbook understands this. They are never snarky or passive-aggressive -they just work honestly and diligently to get the issue resolved.
For this reason I will continue to be a loyal subscriber of Genbook.

Vorteile: Genbook’s customer service is triple A+, which is everything to me. Every booking service will have glitch problems from time to time, the question is how responsive are they to it when it invariably happens. I love Genbook because their representatives truly do care about us, their clients. New features are good and all, of course, but I want stability of the platform and for the most part Genbook delivers and is highly reliable.

Nachteile: The same thing I like least about any online software; when it glitches out then I’m screwed. Fortunately these are rare occasions with Genbook.

Hi Mark,

Cass on behalf of the Genbook team

Reliable, transparent and easy to use

Charles G.
Managing Partner
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We are a small coaching practice with no support staff. The ability to automate our bookings and to accommodate changes clients need to make without taking up our time is huge.

Vorteile: Genbook is about the most intuitive of the online booking programs available. I also appreciate the ability to automate reminders and reviews of our services.

Nachteile: Occasionally, clients tell us they have difficulty entering an appointment onto the calendar. Usually, they do not reliably get the confirmation email, even though the appointment was made.

Hi Charles,

Cass on behalf of the Genbook team

Excellent scheduling software for growing multi-practice wellness center

Bewertet am 15.8.2018
Elizabeth S.
Founder/Owner/Massage Therapist
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Ease of use and fairly intuitive, even for non-tech savvy massage therapists. Phone app is excellent for booking and schedule changes. Individual practitioner's can manage their own schedules. Clients frequently comment on how easy it is for them to book on line. You can specify whether a client has to pay before booking (great for no-shows who owe ) or you can block certain clients (great for creepers). Customer service is very responsive. The analytics feature is extremely useful for generating real-time business data. The client database is easy to import/export; great for marketing. You can customize any and all services, including buffers, color coding, etc. Great for a business that is expanding - we've gone from 3 practitioners to 12 in less than two years, and it has met our needs quite well. Pricing is very competitive.

Nachteile: Some glitches: when a client cancels a session, it's "ghost" still shows up in individual therapist's Google calendar. Can't manage room use booking, only therapist booking. When you delete a therapist (i.e. they no longer work at the center) their calendar and bookings are not preserved so you have to leave therapist on list for at least 3 months after they leave to manage that information. The "lightning bolt" instant-booking discount feature is great to generate bookings but I wish it could be limited to certain therapists instead of applied to the whole practice.

Excellent Scheduling Tool!

Bewertet am 5.12.2019
Leslie C.
Owner/Therapist
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Genbook helps me fill my appt book at all hours of the day and night. It's also helpful with sending confirmations and reminders to my clients for their appts so I don't have to.

Vorteile: Genbook is easy to set up and maintain, and it's extremely user friendly for my clients to book appointments online. You can't argue with the pricing either! Since I'm a Sole Proprietor, most other scheduling software programs are cost prohibitive, but Genbook is perfect for me and my budget.

Nachteile: I would like to see a feature that allows scheduling for classes and a component that offers email marketing options. With my full database in Genbook, it would be great to be able to send out blanket emails with announcements and promotions a kin to Constant Contact or Mailchimp.

Hi Leslie,

good but could improve

Hal B.
Verbraucherdienste, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: genbook has been fantastic.the only major issue is when the service goes down i have no way to see my appointments, so IF you know it is going down for updates or whatever. auto email me the weeks calendar we are in so i dont loose business

Vorteile: it has most all of the fields i need for my type of business

Nachteile: the inability to have more then one contact phone number MANY of my customers want to give more then one number and it is relegated to the notes section and cant be clicked on mobile. ALSO an additional field for whatever we want to enter would be great !!! if you make it generic text or numbers or whatever we want. then it could be great for all types of users ALSO it would be nice to set up an auto reminder by text to what ever number WE choose. for example if i am handling the appointments today i want the text for example 30 minutes prior to the appointment. let me pick who gets it and how far in advance i get it. and if i want it at all

Hi Hal,

Cass on behalf of the Genbook team

Keeping Organized and Communication at its best!

Nancy C.
Einzelhandel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: love that it integrates with our website where customers have control of booking thier own; also for my seamstresses to be able to see their upcoming appointments from their phones or desktops off location. LOVE that the customer gets email/text reminders and the ability to change/cancel -- it's just been a blessing to have clear communication across my company

Vorteile: scheduling appointments/email/text reminders to the customers

Nachteile: would like to be able to charge for appointments on the weekend and not weekday

Hi Nancy,

User since beta testing!

Trishia W.
Kosmetik, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Being with GENBOOK from the very beginning before online booking software was a big thing and decently affordable, I have seen so many benefits. The amount of no shows has significantly decreased, double bookings are rare and the time to confirm appointments has been given back to me! I am unable to work and answer the phone so having a place for customers to make their own appointments on their own time is a lifesaver.

Vorteile: I love how easy it is to use GENBOOK — for both my customers and my staff. The app makes it easy to keep up with the calendar on the go.

Nachteile: There are glitches and some features I wish it had that would help things run smoother but overall it’s been a game changer for me. I haven’t had a great experience with the processor that takes deposits — why do they not refund automatically when a client cancels?!? Having to do this manually is so frustrating and time consuming!

Hi Trishia,

Simple, functional, and useful

Seth P.
Acupuncturist
Medizinische Praxis, Selbstständig

Kommentare: It is like having a front desk assistant to handle my scheduling for me.

Vorteile: The genbook interface is easy to use, has almost all the features I want for scheduling at my practice, and is pretty inexpensive.

Nachteile: It could use ability to interface with billing and electronic chartinf.

Hi Seth,

My 24/7 receptionist!

Maria W.
Owner/Practicioner
Alternative Medizin, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Genbook was a real game changer for me as a solo practitioner massage therapist. I have a busy practice and it is extremely helpful for me to have a booking site that allows my clients to book direct when I am unable to take their calls. In addition, the email and text reminders take one more task off my plate and keep my clients on track for their appointments. It's like having a 24/7 receptionist. My clients love the convenience and ease of use.

Vorteile: The ease of use. Super simple for both my clients and for me to use. Straightforward fill in the blank fields, dependable, and I love the Google integration.

Nachteile: I would like to be able to turn off the review request for specific clients. I have many repeat customers, many with standing appointments and it feels bothersome when they're repeatedly asked to provide a review. Right now the feature is all or nothing.

Hi Maria,

Great schedule system

Gwynn E.
Ownership
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Really good all the way around .

Vorteile: We use Genbook daily with myself and team.
It’s great for our clients and team.

Nachteile: I wish it had a billing system . I would love help through Genbook for monthly billing to my clients .

von Genbook an 6.12.2019

Hi Gwynn,

Works well with Google

Rachael S.
Massage Therapist
Medizinische Praxis, Selbstständig

Vorteile: There are a lot of scheduling programs out there, but Genbook's verified customer reviews boost my SEO and make me stand out in Google searches. Clients can book directly from Google, which means fewer clicks and fewer barriers to acquiring new bookings.

Nachteile: Unfortunately, there is no medical charting system integrated with the system. There's no easy way to track packages, except using the notes section in a customer profile. Users cannot exempt any services from the optimizer discounts. Users cannot make it optional for customers to pre-pay for services - it's either required or not. The desktop version of Genbook Book Now button and the customer interface look outdated.

Hi Rachael,

Love this system

Angelique P.
Hairstylist
Verbraucherdienste, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I’ve been very happy. I’ve only had one issue with scheduling with the company and I’ve been using them for years. I would totally recommend this system.

Vorteile: I love that there are reminders but I wish it was easier for me to mass communicate or customize individually on reminders.

Nachteile: Flexibility on choosing services. Also flexibility in reminders. But it could be user error too.

Hi Angelique,

Works 24/7

Bewertet am 8.12.2019
Joyce O.
Verbraucherdienste, Selbstständig

Vorteile: It lets my clients make appointments at their convenience and they can take as much time to make the best time slot for them. Even when I am closed or on vacation my Genbook is still working for me to keep my business running seamlessly. I also benefit from if my clients need to reschedule an appointment at anytime without feeling that they are bothering me. The reminders are a great help with not having any more no-shows. They really like the reminders as much as I like not having to call or text them I used to pay someone to answer my phone and schedule my clients, now Genbook more than pays for itself saving me money. I love it keeps track of everything from customers numbers, previous appointments, how much I have in each category of services. Can’t live without it!!

Nachteile: Nothing that I dislike about this software. I’m more surprised how they keep thinking of better things to do to make our on-line service better. Didn’t know I needed it, until they put it on the site.

von Genbook an 11.12.2019