Über FreeAgent

FreeAgent wurde in Großbritannien als führende Buchhaltungssoftware für Kleinunternehmen ausgezeichnet. (Accounting Excellence Awards 2018)

Erfahre mehr über FreeAgent

I also find that the whole thing is easy to use, from reconciling my bank accounts to sending out invoices. Plus they actually sort your taxes out (this might only be in the UK though).

This now means that of course not all people have an email address that is clearly them/their name. Irritating and enough to make me look elsewhere.

Bewertungen zu FreeAgent

FreeAgent hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,4 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 160 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du FreeAgent bereits verwendet?

Gregory
Gregory
Software Engineer in UK

Better than I expected

5,0 letzten Monat Neu

I think FreeAgent does its job well. I've never run into technical faults or found anything I needed to do that it couldn't do. My favorite thing about FreeAgent is that my accountant can access the platform and see everything I can. That makes getting information to my accountants or asking questions incredibly slick.

I moved to FreeAgent from Xero because it's what my accountant knew how to use. I think Xero has slightly better tech and integrations so I would say I don't find FreeAgent as engaging to use. It's hard to criticize for that though because although it's nice to integrate with other systems, I haven't had any major issues getting information into FreeAgent as required.

Lisa
Buchhaltung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Excellent option for sole traders who bank with Natwest or Mettle

Kommentare: I use this for my own personal self employed accounts and for various clients - property, uber driver, charity and it works really well. For one of my limited companies - I used Freeagent to file the annual accounts. It was quick, simple and easy. I've been very pleased with it.

Freeagent has a great invoice design. I like the fact that for a small business - you can get this software and an online bank account at a very reasonable price. I've used the accounts filing option - and it worked. I was delighted and it has saved me so much time!

Sometimes, I just think its a bit clunky and could be smoother. It does things I don't like e.g. when a sum is received in and is paying 2 invoices - I don't like the way it split payments. I think the chart of accounts could just be a little bit more user friendly, but for a sole trader, if your books are simple - it does the job nicely.

Buchhaltung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Painful to use, Clunky and not great

Kommentare: Using the software was very awkward and restrictive. I lost confidence in it very early on.
My experience has been years of utter frustration.
Regular promises of fixes and upgrades never materialised over the last 3 years and despite sticking with it, and getting the software for free, I ended up having to opt for better software.
Customer services are quick to respond but they tend to misinterpret your issue. Their idea of helping is sending you a link to a long drawn out document that frustrates you even more than the original issue. Most of the issues can't be resolved by sympathetic customer support reps because they are hard-coded into the software as basic incapabilities.

It's a Scottish company, albeit taken over by an anti-Scottish UK bank. Customer services are relatively quick to respond but don't often understand or resolve your issue. They do send you a Monday motivator which is useful. It's now free if you bank with RBS/Nat West, but I'd rather not bank with either and even at £0 it's not worth it. I'd rather pay for a decent software and save the cost of hours of inefficiency and extra accountancy fees later.

It is very clunky and awkward to use. It is very expensive for what it is and definitely not even worth using for free. Several essential basic functions are missing and it is very restrictive/prescriptive forcing you to work their way or not at all. Customer services regularly have to fudge "workarounds" to fill the gaps in FreeAgent's basic functionality and often these "workarounds" make more mess than doing nothing, leaving you with more to pay your accountant to fix it. FreeAgent does several things in very unusual ways and then doesn't allow you to fix them. Payroll does post journals into your ledgers but even the best accountants can't make any sense of them. This software tries to be all things to small businesses giving tools that quite frankly are dangerous to unqualified accountants. It allows you to do your own VAT, Corporation Tax and Self Assessment wrongly, without any tax planning advice which could cost you tens of thousands of pounds in VAT/tax that isn't due, not to mention HMRC penalties etc. I know of several clients who have overpaid an absolute fortune and had seriously damaging run-ins with HMRC as a direct result of trying to DIY using this software. Buyer BEWARE!!!

Antwort von FreeAgent Central

Hi there, We¿re really sorry to hear about your experience and appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and frustrations. If there's anything we can do to help improve your experience, or any additional feedback you'd like to share with us, please contact us at @support@freeagent.com. Warm regards, The FreeAgent Team

Tom
Managing Director in UK

Really solid accounting product

5,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

I've used FreeAgent for years and always found it to be a solid and reliable accounting product. It handles everything, from sending invoices to clients, to reconciling payments, to helping with taxes.

It could be better at reconciling bank transactions and uploading the same receipts every month could be easier. It's a lot of manual labour.

Bob
CEO in UK
Marketing & Werbung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Been using for over ten years

Kommentare: Freeagent has been the heart of my business for over ten years.

I always know my financial and tax situation. I'm never in the dark. You put in the info as you generate it and you'll never be in any doubt about your financial health.

I know Xero has lots of bells and whistles but Freeagent is simple to use, predictable and the support is from UK or US based specialists who really know what they're talking about.

Thomas
Game Dev in UK
Unterhaltung, Selbstständig

All the bells and whistles!

Kommentare: My opinions are good ones. As the title says, it has all the bells and whistles (especially for small businesses).

Freeagent covers all my needs. I'm no accountant or don't have a big business so maybe it's missing some features, but for me it's great. (For transparency I get it for free as I'm with Natwest). Being able to use this on my phone or desktop is great. It picks up all of my Natwest transactions and automatically categorises them into different types of expenses or income (ie advertising, Web hosting, office equipment...) and applies standard VAT and adds a description. You just have to go through the list and approve them to make sure its filled in properly (which most are correct).

Again for me it does meet all of my needs. I suppose one thing I didn't quite understand as it uses many accounting terminologies, however they do have a breakdown of what certain things mean, it just means having to read up on it.

Peter
Sport, Selbstständig

Great Product

Kommentare: very pleased with it.i was looking for an easy way to send invoices and track payments . This does this and more.

It has made invoicing and tracking payments very easy.I like the way I can create categories to record paymnents in against

Haven't found anything yet that i don't like.I am still trying to work out how I track work done on a job that i do weekly that i then invoice monthly

Marius
Einzelhandel, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

FreeAgent is perfect for small businesses

5,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: Overall, FreeAgent is perfect for small businesses, it has just enough functions to meet most of our needs and it has very easy navigation, which is great for people who've never used an accounting software before.

The best thing about FreeAgent is that you can get it for free if you use their offer to set up and use "Mettle" bank account. Also, their menu is perfectly minimalistic to make it fully functioning for our purposes and not making it overwhelming to use.

Bank reconciliation lacks automation. There is "guess" rules function but you can't modify how it works and it often makes mistakes.

FreeAgent - Free if you use some bank accounts

Kommentare: Great customer service on the queries I've raised.

Free for users of certain banks and they get access to it all not just some features.

That the bank options when reconcilling aren't very flexible or obvious as to which category.

Faith
Faith
Sport, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Freeagent is my choice for Accounting

5,0 vor 4 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: A few times, I've had to contact their support. They have live-help and the accountants are amazingly responsive, understanding and helpful. One of the best supports I've had in any software.

Saves loads of time and is easy to use for a business owner without the need for a book keeper or accounting person. Love the bank imports and ease of reconciliations. RTI and VAT submissions submit to HMRC straight from the software. I could go on and on here, but having had business since 1999, the importance of having great finance management as a small business can't be understated!

At the moment you can scan/photograph expenses and it can complete the data entry using AI. I can't wait until this can happen for bills too!

Richard
The Boss in UK
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 2–10 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Great for small business that want their weekend back

Kommentare: I've gone from from a struggle one man band that worked all day and did the paperwork each evening, to having time to spend with the family, and being able to see what I ned to pay to HMRC and when, and I can now see that sending out my invoices in good time, means that the customers are paying me, so the stress levels have gone down so much.

I no longer have to nominate which computer is the one that the accounts is on. I can open a web browser on the PC in my home office and enter my hours, mileage, upload photos of receipts, automatially let it reconcile the bank and credit card statements, and let it get on with doing the calcuations. I no longer have to set aside a weekend each month for doing invoices and expenses. or the last weekend of each quarter for doing the VAT return or various days of the last month of each financial year for doing the annual return.

Now that the company has made enough money to be able to purchase three cars, it would be nice if the mileage drop down had options for company owned vehicles and the AFR mileage rates, but it only has AMAP rates for personally owned bike, motorcycle or car.

Graphic and Web Designer in UK
Design, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Magnificent Customer Support, Good Accounting System

FreeAgent is more advanced than my previous service provider, Freshbooks. It allows me to handle the split between personal/business bank accounts and their expenses better and even submits my tax return to HMRC for me. The few times I've contacted their support, they have responded quickly, actually understood what I've asked and provided a detailed response, specific to my issue.

As a sole trader working on various contracts for 7.5 hours per day, I need to be able to track my time and bill my clients based on it. This is the only area where I found Freshbooks to have the edge—it provided a daily timeline where I could click on my start time, enter the duration, client and project and track my time visually. This meant that I could tell at a glance where there were gaps in my day and correct them accordingly. FreeAgent allows me to add Timeslip entries, however it can get confusing quite quickly as there is no start time and no visual timeline. I have to rely on the running total of hours shown per day and try to work out the amount of hours to submit per task. So the interface isn't as intuitive as I would like, but the wealth of other extra features I have access to with FreeAgent does go some way to making up for it. FreeAgent does also work out at around double the monthly subscription price of Freshbooks, which isn't ideal in my circumstances, but I do feel I am getting a better all-round product for the money.

Stella
Operations Manager in USA
Personalwesen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

As an event planner, it makes me happy to use FreeAgent because of easy access.

Kommentare: Estimates and proposals
Invoice templates
Simple payroll and automatic back feeds
Tax timelines (you'll never miss a deadline again!)
Self-assessment tax return filing
Unlimited users and transactions
Support accountants are available to answer any questions
First 30 days are free, I was excited about this and I was very happy about this.

Cheap depending on your business needs or the size of the business. Famous for its incredible invoice templates Shows your real-time profit position and it automatically updates your accounts. Cloud-based, so there is no software to download or install The interface is very friendly and lovely.

Online help, known as My Business Works Support has been known to be rather unhelpful and excessively rude Tends to receive bugs or glitches that often take time to repair, if fixable at all Even though this program offers Multiple Currency options, the proper support for this feature is seriously lacking Not very quick with software updates (some have been waiting years for new and desired features)

Rick
Rick
Copywriter in UK

Make book keeping hassle a thing of the past

Kommentare: Time saving, professional appearance to clients, cloud-based, quick and easy to learn

I hate taxes and book keeping work. Using just common sense, you can immediately do 90% of tasks within FreeAgent, quickly and easily. FreeAgent staff are on standby to help you with the other 10%. It's fantastic.

Some of the features are not intuitive, and take a bit of practice to get right. The one time I have had to use a work around is the system does not have a function allowing you to remove partner drawings directly from a foreign currency PayPal account. Hardly a deal-breaker.

Antwort von FreeAgent Central

Hi Rick, Thank you for sharing your review and for the kind words, we really appreciate it. It was great to hear that FreeAgent meets your needs, and that the team have given their support when needed (we're very proud to have such an awesome support team!) We also appreciate your feedback about some of the challenges you've experienced, I've passed them along to our product team. Thanks again! The FreeAgent Team

Rouska
Design, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Essential tool for managing finance

* Auto integration with banking API feeds * Intelligent learning for your regular banking transactions * Templates for sending invoices etc * VAT & SA form integration with HMRC

* Slightly clunky UI for viewing recent expenses * Inability to remove user's who have left the business

Antwort von FreeAgent Central

Hi Rouska, Thank you for the positive review of FreeAgent. It was great to hear about all of the features that are most valuable to you. We appreciate the additional feedback too and have passed it along to our Product Team. All the best, The FreeAgent Team

Strategy & Digital Communications Consultant in Kanada
Unternehmensberatung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

An outstanding find with exemplary customer service

The ease of use combined of the platform which is exceptionally intuitive, combined with the brilliant customer service.

FreeAgent appears somewhat UK-centric, although the support is still exceptional. The banking does connect to banks in Canada and I have been able to manage harmonized sales tax in Ontario. It may have some current limitations to make it a credible better substitute for Sage, in respect of the tax nuances across different Canadian Provinces.

Jago
Bookkeeper in UK
Buchhaltung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Easy to use bookkeeping and accounting software for the small clients

Kommentare: I love FreeAgent and how we are treated as an accountancy practice by their team. Any issues we aver have are answered and they're are always new features being added. Whenever I find that I can't do something in FreeAgent, I'm always shown a way around it and for that I give 5 stars.

It's very intuitive and has amazing support and training for us and our clients. We use this software for our smaller sole traders who find it really easy to use. We do most of the setup and they basically just invoice their clients using the mobile app :)

Integrations are pretty non existent for a lot of apps. For example merging eBay or most till sales with FreeAgent can be quite difficult however this is overcome by using Zapier

Quelle: GetApp

Takes the pain out of keeping accounts

Pros: ability to photograph receipts and store them within expenses All the main categories of expenses are there Links to your business bank account

Con: One major drawback is that you can't print out a consolidated tax return before or after filing. For sole traders a tax return is often the only way to prove income when applying for loans, etc, and HMRC doesn't offer this service either.

Owen
Managing Director in UK
, Selbstständig

Generally good but some areas that badly need an update

Kommentare: Generally a solid piece of software but lacks some feature sets common in alternatives such as Zoho

Super responsive customer support Most day to day business transactions covered well Generally clean design

The expense handling suite is quite poor (both mobile and web) e.g. Does not have the following - Sortable columns in the expense listing table (e.g. list by highest value descending, or name) - Ability to filter by type or project - Drag and drop receipts into web interface (you have to upload through file navigation) - Quick take photo for expense button (mobile) - Ability to email expense emails or pics of receipts to an inbox Timesheet feature set also rather basic

Mike
Mike
Voiceover Artist in USA
Medienproduktion, Selbstständig

Overall, I love FreeAgent

Integrates with my bank accounts and PayPal. Does bookkeeping without me having to know how to do bookkeeping. Great referral program! Good support when I've needed it.

Reports and accounts set up is skewed to the UK market (my American CPA is used to seeing certain things set out differently). Bank feeds can be slow to update.

Dimitrios
Dimitrios
UK
Quelle: GetApp

Essential for sole trader's accounting

One of the things that scared me about going freelance, was the accounting and book-keeping part this entails. After researching similar web-based solutions, I decided upon subscribing to Freeagent. I wouldn't be able to run my business without it. Everything I need, from invoicing and clients database, to expense filing and completing my self-assessment is there, easy to use and access. When I needed some help or clarifications about something, the staff were prompt and eager to help me and made sure my issues were resolved in any case. Highly recommended software & service!

I find that the mobile app has limited functionality compared to the desktop site. I would like the same level of editability when it comes to the handling of bank transactions, as I have via my internet browser.

Vorstandsbüro, Selbstständig

Make life easier

It makes my life easier. I was spending at least half a day totting up time spent and billing clients but Freeagent does it all for me at the touch of a button. That has been the absolute stand out time saving feature for me. Plus it's not complicated, easy to use and displays everything clearly.

Every month I have to re-input the tasks for clients. I wish it would hold onto those so that I could re-use them for my ongoing clients.

Software Quality Assurance Tester in UK
Quelle: GetApp

Simple, may to use and already used by out acceptant

Simple, lightweight and just does exactly what you require from a accounting tool. Interface is easy to navigate and there is a very low learning curve. I would recommend this tool to small businesses / freelancers.

Doesn't integrate with newer online style bank accounts for automated feeds at all. (e.g. transfer wise bank accounts) . Sometimes doesn't recognise recurring bank transactions meaning it takes longer to explain

Automotive, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Took the worst part of owning a business and made it almost fun

The end to end connectivity. Booking time spent with a client turns into an invoice turns into a payment at the bank - and all this is tracked. What used to take hours in excel is all at a glance in FreeAgent.

I wish that there was a way to use their time tracking module as a separate product. I no longer run a business but would love to use their time tracker with my team at the larger org I now work for.

Antwort von FreeAgent Central

Hi there, Thank you for sharing your review, we really appreciate it. It was great to hear which FreeAgent features you found most helpful. I've also passed along your time tracking module feedback to our product team. Thanks again! The FreeAgent Team

Brilliant

I love free agent. It makes invoicing, book keeping and automating reminders very easy. It's also very easy to modify your invoice designs. Customer support has always been good on the few occasions I've needed them.

I'd like to be able to do reports on a monthly basis rather than the preset options. Little bit more expensive than it's rivals.