Über FreeAgent

FreeAgent wurde in Großbritannien als führende Buchhaltungssoftware für Kleinunternehmen ausgezeichnet. (Accounting Excellence Awards 2018)

Erfahre mehr über FreeAgent

I also find that the whole thing is easy to use, from reconciling my bank accounts to sending out invoices. Plus they actually sort your taxes out (this might only be in the UK though).

This now means that of course not all people have an email address that is clearly them/their name. Irritating and enough to make me look elsewhere.

Bewertungen zu FreeAgent

FreeAgent hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,4 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 164 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du FreeAgent bereits verwendet?

Gregory
Gregory
Software Engineer in UK

Better than I expected

I think FreeAgent does its job well. I've never run into technical faults or found anything I needed to do that it couldn't do. My favorite thing about FreeAgent is that my accountant can access the platform and see everything I can. That makes getting information to my accountants or asking questions incredibly slick.

I moved to FreeAgent from Xero because it's what my accountant knew how to use. I think Xero has slightly better tech and integrations so I would say I don't find FreeAgent as engaging to use. It's hard to criticize for that though because although it's nice to integrate with other systems, I haven't had any major issues getting information into FreeAgent as required.

Lisa
Director in UK
Buchhaltung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Excellent option for sole traders who bank with Natwest or Mettle

Kommentare: I use this for my own personal self employed accounts and for various clients - property, uber driver, charity and it works really well. For one of my limited companies - I used Freeagent to file the annual accounts. It was quick, simple and easy. I've been very pleased with it.

Freeagent has a great invoice design. I like the fact that for a small business - you can get this software and an online bank account at a very reasonable price. I've used the accounts filing option - and it worked. I was delighted and it has saved me so much time!

Sometimes, I just think its a bit clunky and could be smoother. It does things I don't like e.g. when a sum is received in and is paying 2 invoices - I don't like the way it split payments. I think the chart of accounts could just be a little bit more user friendly, but for a sole trader, if your books are simple - it does the job nicely.

Ben
Manager in UK

Great cloud-based accounting

4,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: Overall I am very happy with FreeAgent and have very minimal issues, usually very easily resolved, but regardless their software still makes it a lot easier to do accounting and file taxes compared to doing it all on my own.

FreeAgent is an incredibly supportive and useful tool for someone that is not good with accounting and has a very busy job that makes accounting a very timely task. To be able to rely on software to explain transactions, calculate your income and outgoings as well as file tax for you is very useful without having to worry about a lot of jargon. The support has been very useful at times when needing help with some explanations or more.

It was a while back that they announced that they could no longer offer accounting support, and always recommend hiring your own accountant, however back when I first signed up for FreeAgent I was sure that they advertised themselves as not requiring an accountant.

Buchhaltung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Painful to use, Clunky and not great

Kommentare: Using the software was very awkward and restrictive. I lost confidence in it very early on.
My experience has been years of utter frustration.
Regular promises of fixes and upgrades never materialised over the last 3 years and despite sticking with it, and getting the software for free, I ended up having to opt for better software.
Customer services are quick to respond but they tend to misinterpret your issue. Their idea of helping is sending you a link to a long drawn out document that frustrates you even more than the original issue. Most of the issues can't be resolved by sympathetic customer support reps because they are hard-coded into the software as basic incapabilities.

It's a Scottish company, albeit taken over by an anti-Scottish UK bank. Customer services are relatively quick to respond but don't often understand or resolve your issue. They do send you a Monday motivator which is useful. It's now free if you bank with RBS/Nat West, but I'd rather not bank with either and even at £0 it's not worth it. I'd rather pay for a decent software and save the cost of hours of inefficiency and extra accountancy fees later.

It is very clunky and awkward to use. It is very expensive for what it is and definitely not even worth using for free. Several essential basic functions are missing and it is very restrictive/prescriptive forcing you to work their way or not at all. Customer services regularly have to fudge "workarounds" to fill the gaps in FreeAgent's basic functionality and often these "workarounds" make more mess than doing nothing, leaving you with more to pay your accountant to fix it. FreeAgent does several things in very unusual ways and then doesn't allow you to fix them. Payroll does post journals into your ledgers but even the best accountants can't make any sense of them. This software tries to be all things to small businesses giving tools that quite frankly are dangerous to unqualified accountants. It allows you to do your own VAT, Corporation Tax and Self Assessment wrongly, without any tax planning advice which could cost you tens of thousands of pounds in VAT/tax that isn't due, not to mention HMRC penalties etc. I know of several clients who have overpaid an absolute fortune and had seriously damaging run-ins with HMRC as a direct result of trying to DIY using this software. Buyer BEWARE!!!

Antwort von FreeAgent Central

Hi there, We¿re really sorry to hear about your experience and appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and frustrations. If there's anything we can do to help improve your experience, or any additional feedback you'd like to share with us, please contact us at @support@freeagent.com. Warm regards, The FreeAgent Team

glen
Recruiter in UK
Personalbeschaffung & -besetzung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

From my reviews and trials, FreeAgent came out tops.

Kommentare: FreeAgent was clear to use and intuitive from the start. My bank used FreeAgent and my accounting service uses FreeAgent - perfect.

FreeAgent just felt so easy to use from the outset. The support and help pages were so easy to follow. It feels like they are there to support you.

Nothing so far. All of my support partners use FreeAgent, which is a bonus.

Bob
CEO in UK
Marketing & Werbung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Been using for over ten years

Kommentare: Freeagent has been the heart of my business for over ten years.

I always know my financial and tax situation. I'm never in the dark. You put in the info as you generate it and you'll never be in any doubt about your financial health.

I know Xero has lots of bells and whistles but Freeagent is simple to use, predictable and the support is from UK or US based specialists who really know what they're talking about.

Thomas
Game Dev in UK
Unterhaltung, Selbstständig

All the bells and whistles!

Kommentare: My opinions are good ones. As the title says, it has all the bells and whistles (especially for small businesses).

Freeagent covers all my needs. I'm no accountant or don't have a big business so maybe it's missing some features, but for me it's great. (For transparency I get it for free as I'm with Natwest). Being able to use this on my phone or desktop is great. It picks up all of my Natwest transactions and automatically categorises them into different types of expenses or income (ie advertising, Web hosting, office equipment...) and applies standard VAT and adds a description. You just have to go through the list and approve them to make sure its filled in properly (which most are correct).

Again for me it does meet all of my needs. I suppose one thing I didn't quite understand as it uses many accounting terminologies, however they do have a breakdown of what certain things mean, it just means having to read up on it.

Peter
Director in UK
Sport, Selbstständig

Great Product

Kommentare: very pleased with it.i was looking for an easy way to send invoices and track payments . This does this and more.

It has made invoicing and tracking payments very easy.I like the way I can create categories to record paymnents in against

Haven't found anything yet that i don't like.I am still trying to work out how I track work done on a job that i do weekly that i then invoice monthly

Tom

Really solid accounting product

I've used FreeAgent for years and always found it to be a solid and reliable accounting product. It handles everything, from sending invoices to clients, to reconciling payments, to helping with taxes.

It could be better at reconciling bank transactions and uploading the same receipts every month could be easier. It's a lot of manual labour.

Ollie
Lead SEO director in UK

Straightforward online accounting software

4,0 letzten Monat Neu

I enjoy the simplicity in creating new invoices and the VAT breakdown being provided so it is clear to the client. It is easy to either download the invoice as a PDF and email it manually or do so via FreeAgent itself.

As a new user I have found it difficult to change the status of an invoice ('paid' status in particular).

Richard
The Boss in UK
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 2–10 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Great for small business that want their weekend back

Kommentare: I've gone from from a struggle one man band that worked all day and did the paperwork each evening, to having time to spend with the family, and being able to see what I ned to pay to HMRC and when, and I can now see that sending out my invoices in good time, means that the customers are paying me, so the stress levels have gone down so much.

I no longer have to nominate which computer is the one that the accounts is on. I can open a web browser on the PC in my home office and enter my hours, mileage, upload photos of receipts, automatially let it reconcile the bank and credit card statements, and let it get on with doing the calcuations. I no longer have to set aside a weekend each month for doing invoices and expenses. or the last weekend of each quarter for doing the VAT return or various days of the last month of each financial year for doing the annual return.

Now that the company has made enough money to be able to purchase three cars, it would be nice if the mileage drop down had options for company owned vehicles and the AFR mileage rates, but it only has AMAP rates for personally owned bike, motorcycle or car.

Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great accounting software

Kommentare: Very clean app gives good insights from the overview page.

It's just so easy to use. We run our plumbing business with this app and it integrates well with Commusoft our field service management software reducing time spent double entering information and doing tasks like invoicing. Now we invoice and complete the job in Commusoft and it pushes al the relevant information to Freeagent.

It only does CIS one way. As we have grown from a subcontractor into a contractor that now employs subcontractors we need a simple way to process CIS invoices from our SC's

Antwort von FreeAgent Central

Hi John, Thank you for taking the time to share your review of FreeAgent, we really appreciate it. It was great to hear how you and your business use FreeAgent. Thanks for the feedback about CIS too, we've passed it along to our product team. The FreeAgent Team

Founder in UK
Unterhaltung, Selbstständig

Will Look After You Through the Months

The software is easy to use, and once you understand it very powerful. It makes submitting your tax return very, very easy. I like how it can take you from being self-employed to being a LTD company. The way that it recognises some transactions and automatically categories them is great too.

There are two things I don't like about the software. There isn't an easy way to record simplified expenses. You have to add them manually, which isn't ideal for how it should work. The second is that if someone pays by card, it doesn't carry all the info from FreeAgent to Stripe. For example, email address so they get a card receipt instantly.

Mandie
Mandie
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen

Perfect Companion for Accounting

Kommentare: I was introduced to Freeagent by my accountant, Balance Accountants. My business needs are met very easily with Freeagent, I have a small company which is Residential Care and Home Care business. The cloud base system allows my accountant to access my work and I'm able to have meetings with bank managers etc without having to lug lots of paperwork about, everything is at my fingertips. Also im based in the South and my business and accountant are in the North, so logistically it works very well for me. The system I have found very easy to use and if I have ever got stuck, my accountant can sign in and talk me through it. Once you get yourself set up and familiarised, you won't believe how much simpler accounting gets. I use for all bookkeeping and invoicing. I would use it for payroll but hey....my payroll lady would be out of a job! But I reckon she uses it as she's always smiling never stressed.

Live bank feeds, easy to use, perfect for invoicing, accounting for small businesses, keeping the accountant and bank manager happy with the efficiency! It does everything (for me and my business needs) apart from making me coffee :-) Always a pleasure using freeagent, it's really fun to use!

Ive been using it for nearly two years.... Can't fault it! Not sure if I could add a further business to the platform, for example: using same login details but be able to switch between businesses?? That would be really good.

Flavio
Flavio
Creative Director in Australien
Design, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great accounting software for freelancers and small teams

Kommentare: Having researched a number of different options while freelancing, FreeAgent was hands down the best one for a solo practitioner, with enough features to solve all my accounting needs.

Perfect for freelancers and small teams, FreeAgent includes all the aspects needed to control accounts, create / send invoices and keep an eye on projects. Highly recommended for any solo practitioners.

If you plan to grow and scale your team, it can be a bit limiting, however it is still a great tool for smaller teams and individuals.

Antwort von FreeAgent Central

Hi Flavio, Thank you so much for sharing your positive review of FreeAgent, we really appreciate it! The FreeAgent Team

, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Might not be the best choice from my perspective

We use it where I work as a way to track work hours. Usage is pretty simple and the features are sufficient. If you need to track time precisely, there's a nice start/stop function, and if you don't, there are means to insert a whole week in a row. If you're a developer, you'll appreciate the APIs that allow building customized reports for accounting.

If you don't need precise time tracking, but need to split hours on different activities, data entering becomes pretty slow. You can generate monthly reports to check what to expect from the paycheck, but checking if you made mistakes in the data entry is as difficult as it is entering it.

Antwort von FreeAgent Central

Hi there, Thank you for reviewing FreeAgent. We're glad to hear you found our time tracking features helpful. Regarding the aspects you found frustrating, we appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and we've shared it with our product team. All the best, The FreeAgent Team

Sarah
Sarah
USA

Love it

Exceptionally easy to use and easy to learn. I keep the tab open every day. It's easy to "undo" if you make a mistake in an invoice. There's basically nothing that can't be undone by reverting to draft. The recurring invoices tool is really helpful. I don't use the feature where it'll email invoices/reminders. I prefer to do that myself and it's really easy — nothing to really keep track of since I invoice all clients on the same day each month. They make it easy to label bank transactions so as long as I remember to do that once a month or so, all my accounting reports are always current. I don't have to spend too much time on accounting and I don't really have any complaints. The customer service is always fantastic.

I wish the time tracking feature were just a little slicker. I use Toggl for time tracking, and then I import hours for each client each month. Not a big deal, but one of those little things that would put it over the top.

Fotografie, Selbstständig

The only accounting software I would use

Kommentare: I use Freeagent to run my entire business- to invoice and to monitor missing payments, to file both my tax and vat returns, its an incredible tool for my business

Great customer support- all from trained accountants in the UK that are able to walk you through any problems you might encounter when doing you tax and vat returns

None- inpeciable and consistent service at all times.

Antwort von FreeAgent Central

Hi there, Thank you for the kind words and your positive review, we really appreciate it! The FreeAgent Team

Quelle: GetApp

Great when everything is simple and goes smoothly, difficult to customise or correct

the mobile app is great for tracking time or updating expenses while on the road Like the time reporting features to report by contact or project Tax Timeline also really helpful for getting a quick understand of what's owed

It's difficult to make corrections on invoices, especially if an expense or time item is labeled wrong, requires deleting/creating a new invoice rather than being able to unlock the items associated with it and fix them. Layout options for invoices are very limiting unless you create your own CSS file. Can't change account type without contacting admin - ie I mistakenly set up as a sole trader instead of private ltd company and says I have to contact customer service to change it.

Jonathan
Jonathan
Principal Consultant in UK
Freizeit, Reisen & Tourismus, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

FreeAgent - Great and Gets Better

FreeAgent is a fantastic product. I have only needed to use support a couple of times and they were more unusual questions. As a freelancer, keeping an eye on income and expenditure, billing and chasing invoices and recording expenses with my phone is really important. Add to that the easy submission of my tax return and it really is a great piece of software.

I am a little disappointed that I could not receive any of the discounts offered to new customers. (e.g. 6 months half price).

John 'Hedge'
John 'Hedge'

Great, powerful,

FreeAgent is one of those programs that integrates all sorts of difficult tasks into one single multi-use product. We specifically use it for payroll, invoicing and accountancy and find the integrated approach saves time and helps us quickly track accountancy errors and oversights.

The live link to the bank account statements is often glitchy and can cause a headache for those trying to account for every transaction.

Antwort von FreeAgent Central

Hi John, Thank you for sharing your review of FreeAgent. It was great to hear about the features you find most beneficial for your business. We also appreciate you highlighting the glitches you experience with links to bank account statements, we've shared that feedback with the product team. Thanks again! The FreeAgent Team

Business Owner in UK
Internet, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Allows me to manage the business effectively

Kommentare: FreeAgent allows me to see at a glance what we are owed, who the biggest culprits are and to automatically send out overdue reminders. So much easier than chasing on the phone.

FreeAgent has enabled me to free up so much of my time because i can schedule and manage invoices individually or on repeat. Also helps when preparing tax and vat returns.

The function to connect credit card accounts does not always work that well but i think we have cracked it.

Antwort von FreeAgent Central

Hi John, Thank you for taking the time to share your review, we really appreciate it! If you experience any additional issues with connecting your account, please let us know at support@freeagent.com as our support team is always happy to help. The FreeAgent Team

Tom
Copywriter in UK
Marketing & Werbung, Selbstständig

Easy to use accounting software and a great mobile app

Kommentare: I found FreeAgent easier to get my head around than other accounting software, both desktop and cloud, that I'd used in the past. I did have to call support a couple of times but I got straight through and they were a pleasure to deal with and sorted all my issues impressively well.

FreeAgent is great in January when I can file my tax return directly to HMRC. The form is also filled with data I've entered throughout the year so self assessment time is pretty hassle free, which s unusual for a freelancer. I've just started using the mobile app and find that this is really is good too. I can take care of all the day-to-day stuff, like explaining bank transactions and entering mileage, when I'm out and about on business to stop it mounting up.

The mobile app is really great, but doesn't yet have the same in-depth functionality as the desktop app.

Ryan
Owner in UK

Excellent Software Which Makes My Life Easier

The software has all the features I need to run my business. It has helped me save so much time preparing self assessment filings.

The support documentation does contain some out of date screenshots and instructions.

Internet, 2–10 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Keeps me informed and saves time and money

It allows me to keep on top of the financial position of my company allowing me to make decisions with up to date knowledge. Compared to my peers who don't use the software I am saving time and money doing my accounting.

The mobile app is not as feature rich and some of the functionality that it does have does not share the same options as the web version e.g. split transactions