ConsignPro

ConsignPro Bewertungen

von Visual Horizons Software

I love Consign Pro! Does what I need, WHEN I need! Fast!

Bewertet am 1.8.2018
Byron B.
VSO
Einzelhandel

Kommentare: cosign pro makes consignment an easy breezy thing of modern bliss. What was once a daunting bookkeeping tracking task, has become incredibly easy to not just handle, and manage, but to master.

Vorteile: - SO much more responsive than competing software
-More features than what I was using previously
-Increased my margins through use of this software.
-User-friendly, familiar UI structure

Nachteile: -not really many cons to talk about
-wish I had discovered it sooner
-Needs to be used more widespread

Small Town Business with BIG Business Program & Support

Heidijo M.
Möbel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: As a first time owner of a business and my first retail store to open, I would recommend ConsignPro as the program to use. I shopped consignment for years. As I went in and out of places, I would ask about the program they used. ConsignPro was mentioned over and over again. After much research in the industry and creating my business plan, I know ConsignPro would be my choice. I have been a customer since Nov 2013 and have been extremely happy. I lease the program. As a mom/pop style shop and NOT an expert in the IT area, I leave that up to the experts, ConsignPro. This has been a huge help. Everyone is always so helpful and over the years, I feel like I know them personally! I have worked with multiple reps. Always a pleasure to talk to and easy to do business. I have an extensive business and marketing background. As I learned the program, the reports and data that I can pull to find trends, produce marketing to clients, track client behaviors, the rewards program and so much more, is EXTREMELY helpful in running our business. Thank you ConsignPro TEAM!

Vorteile: Easy to use and learn, the reporting is tremendously helpful to gain information on seasonal trends, YOY trends, marketing, client & consignor behaviors and trends, friendly & helpful staff

Nachteile: I wish there was a way to do direct email on each of the trends - example: Email just my clients/consignors that have a birthday this month vs extract and manually process. Extract data for clients with over a certain dollar spend and email them directly through ConsignPro vs extract and send. Extract data such as so many visits and email them a coupon directly through ConsignPro (with a coupon creation ability in the program). These are things I would like to be able to do inside the program and not have to extract and move to a separate program to perform.

von Visual Horizons Software an 6.7.2018

Thank you for the feedback Heidi. Luckily there is a way you can email and text your consignors and customers directly from ConsignPro. You can even send targeted emails to your customers or consignors with a specific birth month. We also have a Customer Rewards Program that will provide a discount for your customer once they spend x amount of dollars (specified by you). If you are interested in creating a coupon for your customers then our integrated Comeback Buks feature sounds like the perfect fit! Comeback Buks are designed as a marketing tool built into ConsignPro to encourage repeat business. When used in conjunction with our receipt printers, a special coupon will print on the bottom of the customer sales receipt. The coupon will be for an amount based on the amount of their ¿current¿ purchase or a flat dollar amount. An expiration date can also be added to the coupon. If you have any questions or would like assistance with any of these features please give support a quick call.

Great Service!

Bewertet am 7.2.2020
Debbie W.
Einzelhandel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I had a software emergency after hours (Consign-Pro's hours,) last week and emailed [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] of Consign-Pro and texted [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], my favorite support person. Both got back to me within 5 minutes of my email/text and got us up and running within just a few minutes! I was very impressed with the quickness of their response!
Thanks, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]!!

Vorteile: Very user-friendly! And it's super easy to teach new employees.

Nachteile: Not too much that I don't like. Maybe that we aren't alerted when a new update is available.

Consign Pro Review

Bewertet am 27.12.2019
Fishkill Farms Senior Employee
Einzelhandel, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Our old system used to freeze and crash, often causing delays and angry customers. That rarely happens now. I'd recommend ConsignPro to a friend.

Vorteile: Different POS systems are required for different sectors of the farm, depending on what product is being sold. We use Consign Pro as our Grill POS system because of the flexiblity and speed of the software. So far, no other program has been able to keep up with the speed of this system.

Nachteile: Sometimes it was difficult to find certain setting, however, their support team is very good and i never had any big issues.

Buyer beware

Amanda M.
Einzelhandel, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We are a buy, sell and trade business that has been in business for many years. We have been using CP for many months now and have been astounded at the poor performance and inaccuracies in the reports. Recently, after a software update that CP did, the cost of goods sold on most of our clothing items simply stopped populating on our income statement. After multiple refusals to even look into the problem, and after letting them know that we were considering legal options, they finally fixed the problem. When we let CP know that we had no other choice but legal action, this was the response: "Read your End User License Agreement before wasting money on an attorney". This was only one of many many issues we have had with this system. We are willing to work with all of the technical issues but what has made this company so difficult and stressful to work with are the rude and dismissive responses that we have become accustomed to when we request technical support. Unfortunately, many of these issues did not become apparent until several weeks after the system was set up and we had already spent a lot of time and money on the system and the setup. I can not recommend this software to any business but especially not to a buy sell trade business.

Vorteile: The tag printing and register work fairly well.

Nachteile: We have experienced multiple inaccuracies with the reports and our requests for technical support have been met with rude and dismissive responses.

von Visual Horizons Software an 21.12.2016

Hi Amanda. I'm sorry you received less than perfect responses to your issues. We've had over 5,000 customers use our ConsignPro reports, including bookkeepers and accountants, and all can get the figures they need to run their business and report sales taxes. While I'm not sure how your needs differ, I look forward to working with you to resolve them!

ConsignPro Review 2016

Bewertet am 9.12.2016
Joanna B.
Bekleidung & Mode, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I could not ask for a better system of keeping my business information up to date! Every aspect of my consignment business is documented easily and quickly with ConsignPro. Customers appreciate the ease of finding merchandise information on the color tags, which hold comprehensive data. It is easy to locate store merchandise with ConsignPro, whether it is to pull items for return/donation or to find a specific item for a customer searching for it. The end of day reports are invaluable, as are the end of year reports. The staff is incredibly knowledgeable on every single little detail of the ConsignPro program. It amazes me every time I have to call for support! (Allyson I love you!) I would encourage anyone who uses this wonderful program to take advantage of the ConsignPro cruises and/or resort conferences. I have attended 2 so far and have walked away with so many new tips and a better understanding of everything the system can do to help my consignment business. There is none better!!!

Vorteile: ease of tagging items
being able to offer consignors a way to track their items
makes payout easy
variety of reports that are available

Nachteile: nothing comes to mind

good product, bad customer service

Bewertet am 23.4.2019
Susan M.
Einzelhandel, Selbstständig

Vorteile: The product itself is good. Have been satisfied with the product I purchased years ago.

Nachteile: Customer Service unfortunately has been nonexistent. After the second year of purchasing the "technical support" I cancelled the annual renewal. Unfortunately the few times I had called for help about something the response from each agent was dismissive, bordering on irritated even though I had paid for the service. I do still use the download/backup service only because I don't have to talk to anyone to do it.

von Visual Horizons Software an 29.4.2019

Hey Susan. We actually pride ourselves on delivering the best support in this business. All support calls are returned within 30 minutes (max) and our team of 4 has over 30 years of combined experience supporting ConsignPro! I will check our call logs and call you today to resolve whatever issues you're having! Sorry about experience - we will make it right for you!

Wonderful experience!

Bewertet am 28.8.2019
Rennitha P.
Owner/manager
Einzelhandel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: My experience with ConsignPro has always made me feel as though my Consignors were being treated the way I would want to be treated as a Consignor. Some of my Consignors have asked me to recommend another Consignment shop, I always say make sure they use ConsignPro.

Vorteile: Not only is it a wonderful software program for someone new to opening up a Consignment shop as was my experience but it is one of the easiest programs I have ever used.

Nachteile: There was nothing I did not like about ConsignPro.

It does the job very well when you have the hang of it.

Bewertet am 13.4.2019
Liam W.
Financial Controller
Bekleidung & Mode, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Takes a few months to get used to but when you are used to it its great.

Vorteile: Very rich in book keeping features, when you get the hang of it it's really a fantastic piece of software. Allows me to track everything and leave notes and comments etc. It really has every feature I need.

Nachteile: It takes a little while to underdtand the software as it isn't very intuitive. We are a small family business and we don't see many new employees so this hasn't caused much of an issue other than the initial implementation.

CONSIGN PRO Just like the name

Bewertet am 12.9.2019
Christy K.

Kommentare: CONSIGN PRO like its name - Pro Software for Consignments stores

Vorteile: I use this software at a consinment shop - I love eveything about it-
gives rewards for $ spent - automaticly caculates and prints on the recipt -

Nachteile: I honestly dont think there was anything that was a con / nothing that I can say I least likesw about it

Good basic software

Bewertet am 16.12.2016
Kim H.
Einzelhandel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Consign Pro is good for a basic start up shop. It has all of the features you need to keep track of inventory. It's missing some key features for me, though. I would like an easy way to offer a higher percent for those consignors who use store credit instead of taking cash. I've also found it very hard to link multiple stores inventory and consignors. There should be an easy way to see consignors from my other two stores from the store they are not a consignor at. I think it's unfair that for the price you do not get free help from the company. Most companies offer support to anyone who owns their products, you shouldn't have to pay extra. Another thing I don't like is that it is difficult to calculate sales tax to pay to the state. NYS has different taxes for different categories of items and it is very difficult to calculate what I have taken in when it comes to vendor items and consigned items. I do like the online store option but it's annoying that you have to upload the online store every time you want a sold item to come off your site. I also think the online store should accept PayPal. When printing items available it does not allow you to only print a range of dates so I have to waste paper and ink to print the whole list, not just the date range I'm looking for. I've also found that their add-on hardware is very over-priced compared to buying the items off amazon. The last thing I find annoying is that it does not automatically update the software. You have to go to their site and do an upgrade. Most programs nowadays automatically update when a new version comes out.
Overall, it meets basic needs of tracking consignors and inventory but for my personal business, it lacks many things I would like to see in consignment shop software that was so expensive.

von Visual Horizons Software an 6.7.2018

Thank you for your feedback Kim. You can easily change the split percentage for each consignor as well as individual inventory. We do not recommend networking multiple locations, as it can result in a slow response time. Instead you can use a remote desktop software to view the other stores. You can also setup the software to automatically send you a text or email alert with the sales numbers every day, that way you can see your sales for each location without physically being there. Support is free for the first year and OPTIONAL to renew thereafter. There is not an ongoing software fee and our support fees help to pay our amazing support team and continuously improve our software. Again, it's OPTIONAL to renew. ConsignPro handles the different tax rates for NY and provides reports for each. The online store shopping cart IS through PayPal. You are not required to purchase the POS Hardware through us, if you find it cheaper elsewhere then you're welcome to purchase there.

square peg in round hole--almost fits for us

Maggie K.
Cooperative President
Kunst & Handwerk, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We are a cooperative with many contributing sellers, but also with 40+ volunteers who work shifts at the cash register. Consignpro is meeting our bookkeeping needs, and helping to streamline things on the in-house side, but it's very difficult for our volunteers to use for making sales. It has slowed down the customer transaction, unfortunately. It's fine for the handful of us who have gotten familiar with all the features, but it's not very intuitive for those who only use it once a month.
For example, it appears that a patchwork of changes have been made as users have given feedback, but they've been "added on" instead of being worked into the fabric of the program. As a result, the menu button is not always located in the same place or it's not always clear how to get back to the menu. It's one set of steps if you are on the inventory look up page, but a different set of steps if you are on the invoice look up page. Sometimes the location of buttons, such as on the customer info page--that the find button is on the bottom left. Seems that you would type a few letters of the last name then the button would be right next to it.
If someone from CP wants me to go into more detail, I'll document these things. It shouldn't be a deal-breaker for someone who runs a traditional consignment store, esp. if there are only a handful of employees/salespeople. For a cooperative with many volunteers using the program, the complication of it is problematic. It has improved life for the bookkeeper but made things more stressful for all our sales volunteers.
On the other hand, Major Kudos regarding support! Everyone is always amazingly helpful and responsive. I always get a quick response that answers all of my questions.

Vorteile: Great product for a traditional consignment store with a small, dedicated work force.

Nachteile: It's not very intuitive. Things often don't make sense, either where buttons are located or how to find information that I need.

Co-Owner Good Buy Girls Resale

Duff Y.
Co-Owner
Einzelhandel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Running a consignment shop, most of the people we hired were not very familiar or comfortable overall with computers or programs. However, my background is in IT project management. ConsignPro is perfect for us! It has all the functionality we need to run our business, so it's very powerful. However, the simplicity of use was what really impressed me. That's the secret. Creating a powerful application isn't the hard part, in my opinion, creating an application that virtually anyone can use to harness that power is where ConsignPro shines. It's extremely easy for our employees to use and understand, but yet does everything we'd need (and much more I'm sure we don't utilize). The other thing that surprised me about ConsignPro is how much they do for support. I've had communication and conversations directly with Brian Wilson (owner/creator) as well as many of the other knowledgeable support folks (who are all great by the way). Where can you get that type of support, where you are speaking with the software creator, with other companies? I'm sure as they continue to grow that won't always be the case, but that type of customer support is what great companies are built on. I'd highly recommend using ConsignPro in your resale/consignment shop.

Vorteile: Powerful but very very easy to use. Competitively priced. Great Value. Great support.

Nachteile: I can't think of anything.

Looking Forward to What's Next

Marcy P.
Einzelhandel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I switched to ConsignPro in June 2014 although the majority of my peers use other options. I have been very pleased & have had few issues. I do have lots of ideas for improvements & new features for day to day operations that will make life out here that much better. I understand there is a could based version coming & stuck with ConsignPro because of this rather than switching. I am looking forward to this change & all improvements that will go along with it. Brian & his entire team are very responsive & helpful.

Vorteile: It's fast & accurate. Making sales is quick & easy. MyResaleWeb has been extremely helpful. Online database backups & remote entry options are great additions too.

Nachteile: Reports are not always easy to use (specifically financial reports). Wish they were more customizable.

Bewertet am 23.6.2011
Manya V.

Kommentare: I have a gallery selling handmade in America items, by artists in small studios. For the first few years, we were entirely consignment. A tip from a similar shop about ConsignPro led us to purchase that software about 10 years ago, shortly after opening our shop. Until then, we did all receipts and calculating by hand, which of course, led to a number of mistakes. We wanted software that would:
a) track inventory
b) make it easy to keep one artist's inventory list clean and easy to find
c) make month-end commission check writing easy
d) be easily updated, allowing for easy returns and easy input of new work
e) have some mechanism for customer tracking
f) be easy to train staff to use
g) make it easy to track daily, weekly, monthly, annual sales numbers
The implementation was about as easy as it can get. We purchased the software, the receipt printer, and a cash drawer. I'm not too bad with computer installations, but don't do it often enough to be anything like an expert. I found it very easy to install everything, and get all those pieces to work with each other. Over the years, when problems have come up, the support staff have been very quick with help and response. The annual service plan is absolutely worth it. We would've been lost without it several times over the years. And they've never made me feel stupid, either. I value that. The ConsignPro system was also easy to expand, as I moved beyond only selling works on consignment. The system makes it easy for me to determine the number that relates to the seller and the item. I created a system in which consigned artists all have a 100 number assigned to each individual. An additional three numbers relate to the specific item that artist made. The commission amount is automatically calculated. With purchased items, I assign a 500 number to each artist, plus the specific three-digit number relating to the specific item. These are marked at a 100% commission rate so I can correctly track those sales. Easy as pie! I can also track customer purchasing, but only in amounts. I figured out a way to track each customer's purchases with a given calendar year by adding the last two digits of that year to the customer's last name. Without doing that, it can only calculate the total, accumulated sales of a customer. This new method helps me offer customer rewards more effectively. This is the only element of the software that I wish had improvement, but I like the other aspects so much that I continue to use it.

Excellent tool for your business, could not run my shop without this prouduct,

Bewertet am 26.9.2017
Julie V.
Bekleidung & Mode, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I really cannot run my business without this. It keeps everything in its place and organized.
I do not have one negative thing to say about consign pro. I love, love, love this software. I have seen others and this is in my opinion the best and easiest out there. Some folks are not computer savvy, well you don't have to be to it really easy to use. They will walk you thru anything you do not understand.

Vorteile: The Software is very user friendly. Even a child can use this product. When I say a child can use this I don't mean that it is not a powerful tool for your business. It keeps track of all my consigners, we have over 4 thousand active consigners. Without this tool this would be a lot of paperwork to keep track of. The best tool we own this is defiantly the hub of our shop. The support Is super fast, I have talked with on the customer rep whenever I have a problem, which is not often most problems are due to a storm or just human error. They are always available on the spot to get me up and running.

Changed my Business for The Better

Bewertet am 9.12.2016
Sarah H.
Kunst & Handwerk, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I have a manageable business now! I was getting by before (by the skin of my teeth) using an organizing and adding program with a separate page to add up each Consignor at the end of the month. The consign pro system takes hours out of my payment system and I trust the efficiency, making business a smoother process overall.
I'm grateful to get help when I need it. It's exciting and impressive to interact with the designer himself.
I am in Alaska so our time zone "at times" is a challenge. I usually use a help line via email and get answers or eventually can screen share which is perfect for me. Works every time!
I'm just amazed to have such good quality support. Thank you Consign Pro team!

Vorteile: Very clear and user friendly. A true business savor for me. It was a choice of finding a better way or ditching the whole thing.

Nachteile: My own limitations! The time difference in Alaska and the fact that I don't write down my questions when I have them to ask later when I can. I KNOW they can help and my questions are challenges to an intricate and well ordered program and they are always well met.

Mary's review

Mary S.
Einzelhandel, Selbstständig

Kommentare: We love Consign Pro, but there are a just a coupl things that appear to not be user friendly about it. The staff is helpful when we call and generally gets back to us in a timely manner if they are not able to answer. Things that would help: 1)Being able to sort items by date on the item list. 2.) Including an expiration date by item on the consignor item list. 3) I may not not how to do this properly and it may actually be in the software, but I would love to be able to enter a gift gard sales right from the Make Sale screen. 4) More training when you buy the software, because you really dont know what you dont know until you start using it. Many of these things I have discussed may very well be available, but we are learning the program. I understand you have the program in Mexico, but for first year business owners, this is not alway easy and financially smart. I would like to be able to have more extended tutorials, something that we can find on the web that actually shows us how to do it, such as you tube videos etc. If they are available please let me know!! I feel like sellers of software assume that the consumer is already techy. That may not be so in many instances. Visual learning is much more affective versus trying to read it in a manual. Thanks for listening!! We love the software and are very thankful how easy it makes our job.

Vorteile: Organized.

Nachteile: I would like video tutorials.

von Visual Horizons Software an 6.7.2018

We have YouTube Tutorials available at https://www.youtube.com/user/ConsignProTrain/videos

ConsignPro Has Become One of "My Favorite Things"

Charlene G.
Bekleidung & Mode, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Right before I opened my consignment shop called "My Favorite Things" back in October of 2013, I did some research on computer software for my business. I found that ConsignPro was leaps and bounds ahead of every other kind that's out there on the market.
When I checked into the pricing, I went back and forth, in my head, between the expense of the software vs. the alternative, doing all paperwork by hand. I came to the conclusion that I would probably have to put in an extra 10 to 15 hours per week in the store, if I didn't get it, plus I thought about the many possibilities of human error. I chose to buy it, in the end.
Now that my store has been open over 3 years, and I see everything ConsignPro does for me on a daily basis, I realize that it really wasn't a choice at all. I don't even see how I could run my store efficiently or effectively without one of my MOST favorite things, my Consignpro software.

Vorteile: How easy it is to learn and operate.

Nachteile: Tech dept hasn't always been there when I really needed them, especially during start-up.

Amazing Software

Judy S.
Einzelhandel, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I having been using Consign Pro for almost 4 years now & I find it to be extremely user-friendly and easy to use. The first year I pretty much figured out the basics myself with their easy to use, self-explanatory help screens. Then I was invited to join them on a training cruise! Where I learned more tricks, timesavers & overall how really great Consign Pro is to use & work with. The creator is a genius the way he has developed this software & is continuing to update it to make easier to use & so valuable for the success of my consignment business. I couldn't be happier with this product. 5 Stars! ***** Love it & you will too! Buy it you will not be disappointed.

Vorteile: Easy to use, always updating to make it better

Nachteile: Cost. My business is very small. The annual costs to keep the updates coming & for support are a little steep but I wouldn't go without it!

Great for consignment, art, and locally made items.

Bewertet am 14.6.2017
Thomas S.

Vorteile: The software is very well thought out and just overall awesome for a store selling secondhand items on consignment. We also sell a lot of locally made items and new items that we order in, and the system is versatile enough to handle everything we throw at it. I looked at several other kinds of software before deciding on this one, and I'm so glad I went with Consignpro.

Nachteile: About the only thing I can think of that I wouldn't mind added is if you could see some of the last items as you were entering them. When you're entering secondhand items in one by one, it's fine, but when you're entering in dozens of new items as we do, you can develop tunnel vision and forget where in the order you are. Also, I wish myresaleweb was a little more modernized.

ConsignPro software and team very reliable

Lynn H.
Einzelhandel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We have been using ConsignPro for several years. It functions very well every day. The few problems that have come up have been efficiently and quickly resolved. Allyson and Brian are easy to talk to and they truly want to resolve issues or answer questions. The support plan is a great value. The reports are easy to read and provide much needed information. Updates are made frequently to help retailers with their specific needs.
Recently a different credit card processing comany was
recommended by ConsignPro. It is not required to use that processor, but it interfaces directly into ConsignPro.
ConsignPro and QuickBooks work seamlessly together.
We also use MyResaleWeb.com. Our consignees love it and it reduces phone calls from them asking us to "check what sold".
I have recommended ConsignPro to other businesses.

Vorteile: Ease of use and offering

Nachteile: Would like to lock Make Sale screen as default for busy days

Great software program for consignment stores!

Bewertet am 6.1.2017
Melissa T.
Einzelhandel, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have almost 8,000 consignors and have been opened for over 6 years. I have used ConsignPro since the very beginning. Not only is the software up-to-date and reliable but the ease of the system and the friendliness of the staff make it the best software to have!

Vorteile: - Myresaleweb.com online login for consignors.
- All of the different reports available.
- The ease of adding items into the system and the option to mark as consigned, store-owned or vendor!

Nachteile: I wish there was an advanced option on the Consignor Account Activity Since Last Payout. We have a lot of consignor's that want printed detailed reports of their activity since their last payout but this option doesn't show as much detail as the consignors want. We have to print their entire item history report, which can turn into a lot of paperwork.

Great consignment program

Bewertet am 12.1.2017
Dan B.
Einzelhandel, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Consign Pro for the most part is by far the best consignment POS software you can find. We have used Consign Pro for about 7 years. We started with just a couple hundred consignors and now we have more than 10000! The software and updates have kept up with the growth of our company. There are parts of the software that could be better as with any software. Most of the things are just personal preference on how we would want it to work, not really a problem with the software.
One great thing I want to be sure to mention is the tech support. They are very quick and always can fix any problem within minutes.
I would recommend this software to any consignment store looking for a POS solution.

Vorteile: The software is pretty much an all in one solution to run a consignment store.

Nachteile: I wish customizing and exporting reports was a little easier.

Consign Pro made my business successful!

Michelle R.
Möbel, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I was starting a consignment business in 2013 and had no clue where to start. I had worked in furniture consignment so I knew I needed software, but the one I had used was difficult to learn. I saw ConsignPro when searching the internet, took their trial run and was hooked! Sara was great pointing out all the features and about setting me up when the doors opened. Allison is always there when I need help. Together I think we make a very successful team and I know I am a successful business because they were there. Next year I'm going to Winter Conference and I expect to hug both of them, great job ConsignPro!

Vorteile: Easy to use and train new users. Reports are accurate and worry-free.

Nachteile: I think it needs some category changes to help tweak my reports but I get the info I need without it.