Very comprehensive pdf editing software - I'll never go back to Adobe!!!

Bewertet am 9.2.2018
Clarissa W.
Project Management Assistant
Bau, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I spend a lot less time posting changes and as-builts, but with much more professional results. I also love the time it's cut down on creating our punch lists and tracking the completion of those items.

Vorteile: I love that it can "read" my plans, and help me with my takeoffs. The search function can look for either words or symbols, and is incredibly useful when I'm looking for something specific. The different user type profiles are tailored to show the tools and functions that someone in that role would be more likely to use the most. It's easy to switch between these profiles, even when viewing the same file, so no matter what or how many hats I'm wearing that day, it's easy to find the tools that I need for the job I'm doing. The customizable tool box is great - I can use the existing tools, or create my own! These are handy for posting as-builts, as well as for doing take offs and estimates. I love all the short cut keys!! Instead of using my mouse to select tool options, I can simply use the "G" key to take a "photo" of a certain part of my open file, or "C" to cloud an area. I use these frequently and it really cuts down the time I spend posting changes to our drawings. There are so many tools, functions, and options, that you're sure to find everything you need for seamless and efficient construction drawing management!

Nachteile: At first, it was a bit overwhelming to use. There are so many tools and menus that it definitely took a little time to learn; however, Bluebeam offers hundreds of short "how-to" videos on many different topics. After watching these, and using the software for a few weeks, it got much easier.

Number one tool for collaboration with others

Bewertet am 10.1.2020
Ana B.
Architectural designer
Architektur & Planung, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall I recommend this program to use with large groups of team members who you need to collaborate with on a project that requires review of documents, specifically construction related documents or drawings. It is easy to use for basic tasks such as marking up drawings to produce digital redlines.

Vorteile: This is a good tool for making drawings available for review by others, in and outside of your company. Even though I am in the design field and could mark up digital redlines easier in a more robust program, this software is simpler and easier for those who are not as adept with working on the computer or making redlines. The program tries to offer many different “tools” (pen, line, polygon, highlighter, text etc) to allow you to use whichever is easier for the user, which I think is what works best for this software when I make a drawing review available to 50+ people with all varying levels of comfort working on the computer. The other major bonus is having the redlines and comments from those 50+ people on one set of drawings rather than receiving separate hard copy and pdf drawing sets from each of them. This software can also be used outside of the “bluebeam session” and just for quick tasks like overlaying two different images, or reducing the file size of a pdf, or bundling separate PDFs.

Nachteile: The weak point for me is twofold. First, having the ease of copying over comments from an old drawing set to new drawing set is cumbersome. There are settings you can ask the drafters picking up redlines to use, like setting the status of a markup to “complete” or “rejected” however I have found it is difficult to ask all team members to use this feature when collaborating in this software, and the burden to sort through thousands of markups is left to myself. The other issue I have with this software is that it has set itself up to be a competitor of adobe programs, but the functionality of the tools are much lower than that of adobe PS or IL. I often find myself in the middle of a task I thought I could do quickly in bluebeam and get frustrated and have to restart the task in an adobe program.

Necessary in the Construction Industry

Bewertet am 6.12.2019
Jennifer V.
Sr. Project Engineer
Bau, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have used this software everyday since joining the construction industry. Like every software there are glitches, however the benefits MAJORLY outweigh the pitfalls.

Vorteile: Every day I am learning about a new feature that makes life even easier in the industry. Love their takoff capabilities, measuring, stamps, and just the general fact that I can view PDFs and manipulate them. I have had VERY few complaints over the many years I have used this software.

Nachteile: Like all softwares, there are glitches. One bummer is the lack of integration on android phones. There was also an issue with integrating the software with an apple update; this was resolved fairly quickly though.

Great software-Terrible customer service

Bewertet am 12.12.2019
Jeffrey E.
Bau, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The customer service-technical help is just horrendous. Their 'technicians' are just phone operators, many with very bad attitudes (if I worked for a company with these policies I'd be grumpy too!) but read on... Anything beyond the very basics like opening the program or setting up menus are completely beyond their abilities. To make matters MUCH worse they have no escalation policy at all. Read that again; a SOFTWARE company has zero escalation policy. Who you get, regardless of whether they can actually answer your question, is who you get (I was TOLD this -it's recorded too- by an operator! If they don't know something (most of the time) they put you on hold for 5-10 minutes while they go ask someone who supposedly does. Invariably there is a follow up question (or more likely, they just have the wrong answer) and so they put you on hold for ANOTHER 10 minutes. When you ask to be transferred to the person they obviously keep putting you on hold to ask, you are rebuffed. Ask harder, in fact DEMAND to be connected to a qualified tech often enough and they will revoke your service contract. Read that again, if you complain too much they will FIRE YOU instead of fix their internal problems! Eventually I was able to work out an 'email only' connection to a senior tech who actually HAS the answers, but by revoking my service, they also robbed me of my updates so I can't even benefit from all the work I've put into helping them improve their product.

Vorteile: It is hands down the most powerful PDF editor available today. As of v. 2018.6 they have fixed MOST of the issues that made it crash (but not quite all) and I can operate this software for an average of 9 hours a day without too much cursing at the screen. Takeoff is WYSIWYG and once you learn the product, very adaptable to whatever way you like to work. Another terrific feature is the 'slipped plans' feature where you can slipp addendum plans together with existing plans and transfer all of your current takeoff without loss. No other takeoff software allows this kind of functionality. The ability to automatically generate 'links' within the drawings (from flags to the correct page indicated by the flag) is also very valuable. Other programs DO provide this, but Bluebeam is much more accurate and faster.

Nachteile: The exporting function. Only allows limited functionality (.csv .xml .pdf and print) and Nemetschek refuses to work with us to provide access to the API so we can truly integrate the takeoff with our ERP system. It functions but it could be SO much more. The tech help was TERRIBLE! First, they refuse to help unless you grant them remote access to your machine ( I won't). Then they cant actually do their job. See below for a full description;

There is nothing better than Bluebeam for PDF editing...!!!!

Bewertet am 5.10.2019
Apeksha J.
Product Development - Designer
Bekleidung & Mode, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I am using this great software for some designing works. I can simply edit all my designs as per clients requirements and make them perfect with absolute easy.

Vorteile: There is no doubt that Bluebeam Revu is the best software available at the market today for viewing and editing PDFs. Software is fairly easy to handle and learn. Free versions are available for use. There are so many editing options, tools and functions are available. PDFs can be converted to word files with high accuracy.

Nachteile: I absolutely have nothing against the bluebeam revu. Files with macro details takes some times to load and zooming. But that is acceptable.

Solution for all levels of users

Bewertet am 7.1.2020
Angelo S.
Estimating Manager
Bau, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Bluebeam is the best PDF software that I have used, it's easy to do basic functions like merge, cut, reduce file size etc. and also has additional functions such as measurement and markups for drawings which we use a lot of in construction.

Vorteile: Easy to use basic features, lots of extras that may or may not be required. Customizable options boxes and layouts are a nice feature.

Nachteile: Took a while to customize layout, which options to show/hide. There are a lot of tools (not a bad thing, but overwhelming at first)

a great program to use for review and PDF editing

Bewertet am 19.11.2019
Muhammad S.
Estimator
Bau, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: so far its been a great Alternative to Adobe or other programs to edit then share with clients, we use it to make notes on PDF files do quick takeoffs and send as built plans

Vorteile: when i first started using this program i realized how much better it is than adobe reader, it lets you edit draw lines, add text even do takeoffs on the same sheets. as well as the ability to stamp all the sheets with one click!

Nachteile: price, has a learning curve , fezzes with very large PDF files

Bluebeam

Bewertet am 26.10.2019
Senior Estimator
Bau, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Bluebeam is my favorite takeoff software, and I have used so many over 20 years of estimating.

Vorteile: Easy to measure lines and areas. Easy to count items. The ability to organize the items into groups and layers is key to the functionality. Layers are able to be turned on and off. Ability to change size and color of various items is also key.

Nachteile: Not many Cons. Every once in a while the file size will slow the process down. But other than that, nor Cons.

takes PDF making to a new level

Bewertet am 31.12.2019
Bailey K.
office manager
Architektur & Planung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: bluebeam has made it easy to collaborate among our team members and communicate project related tasks all in one place.

Vorteile: bluebeam creates/edits PDF's in a re-imagined way. the tools and functionality are limitless. the studio version makes it easy for an entire team to collaborate on one PDF and mark up revisions as needed.

Nachteile: you must all be working in the same year version of the software to use studio. sometimes when a file is too big, it will slow down the software and become virtually unusable.

Bluebeam Revu is the go to PDF Viewer for Construction

Bewertet am 3.12.2019
Jon S.
Bid Coordinator
Bau, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Bluebeam is installed in over 20 computers within our company. We use it daily and enjoy everything about it. The ease of Take-offs, legends, quantities, along with the ability to customize is the reason we all have it downloaded.

Vorteile: The most useful aspect of Bluebeam Revu is the amount of functions and labeling the program has for takeoffs, blueprint viewing, and creating legends. It's the must have tool for anyone in the construction estimating industry.

Nachteile: It's really hard to say anything negative about Bluebeam. However, there are a lot of functions which could lead to long learning times. Someone who is not familiar with the tool will have to invest quite some time to become proficient in the application.

2nd to none

Bewertet am 4.9.2019
Justin H.
Project Manager/Estimator
Bau, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Bluebeam compliments our takeoff program very well. It is very useful for generating individual files out of a large set that are uniquely named by the drawing number and name (or however you wish to name them), which then allows me to import those files into the program without the need for manually typing in the descriptions. Saves an inordinate amount of time at the start of a takeoff for each job.

Vorteile: There is no PDF program out there to my knowledge that comes anywhere close to this program when it comes to the construction industry. We have been using this program for 6 years now, and the advancements the developers have made have been fantastic. All of our estimators and project managers have at least Bluebeam Revu, some have Extreme. The text recognition for creating page labels/bookmarks is fantastic (has improved greatly over time). The Sets feature is top notch as well, particularly for keeping up with jobs that have numerous revised drawing sets. The takeoff module is quite powerful, although we do not really take advantage of it's full potential as we already had an on-screen takeoff program.

Nachteile: I honestly have not been a huge fan of the new look in the 2018 version, but that's probably just because I was used to the old look after years of use. Some of our users are overwhelmed with all of the options, buttons, and menus, but that's really just the nature of the beast with a program with so many tools.

Bluebeam Revu is to construction professionals what Excel is to finacial professionals

Bewertet am 13.10.2017
Michael H.
Director of Project Management
Bau, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: More than any other software package, Bluebeam is by far the most valuable to me in my daily work. Thanks Bluebeam!

Vorteile: I have been using BB Revu PDF software since 2010, when I switched from Adobe Professional. Revu is designed for construction personnel. I use it for reviewing documents and drawings, marking up, sketching, quantity take off, illustrating, presentations, flowchart and Org Chart creations - just almost everything. I convert word documents to PDF for reviewing. I add bookmarks as way-finder through large documents such as Specifications, Reports and Specifications etc. For drawing reviews or study, I compile large packs of PDF drawings into single PDF with drawing numbers visible under Bookmarks. With Revu you can have 2 (or more)drawings opened on your screen, from within the combined pack or separate files, for comparing eg Elevations and Sections or plans or details. Sometimes I use the auto compare feature in comparing updated drawing with an older version where the differences will be highlighted. The Search feature is extremely useful and I use it a lot in finding references in Specifications Codes and Reports etc. The Spaces feature is really good and impresses hugely when included within presentations. Signature feature also excellent. I use the Add Ins for Outlook, Word, Excel and CAD regularly. I find the Help Section and Bluebeam University incredible. The Developers really put themselves in the place of the "normal" user and provide excellent vide demos of all the features.

Nachteile: File sizes generated in marking up and sketching tend to be quite large. There are ways to reduce the file size but they do not work all the time - sometimes they increase the size.I have tried a few times to engage design consultants in the use of the Studio feature for real-time online collaboration without success. This is however is not the fault of the Studio feature - its just that the designers did not have the software.

Far superior than Adobe for construction

Bewertet am 13.4.2017
Dani B.
Project Coordinator
Bau, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: First, let me start by saying I have the Extreme version and create forms and use the JavaScript features frequently. I switched to Revu because Adobe wasn't giving me what I needed and that was software that could automate many of the tasks I was performing at the time. For example, to process one submittal, I had to combine the pages from one file with the submittal cover page, stamp it, add the date and signature of the person approving the submittal, flatten the markups so no one could edit them, and then save them on a network drive. With Revu I was able to click one icon and do all that from inserting the page, stamping/flattening, and prompting me to save on the network. It saved me so much time! I was able to create custom stamps for all our coordinators to use.

Vorteile: Suited for construction work, not just documents. It lets me do so much so easily. I can overlay drawings and find where things have changed. This works for contracts too. I can overlay the pages and see if the sub revised the document at all. I can easily markup drawings without any CAD experience needed. I can create forms from PDFs.

Nachteile: It takes a little while to learn the program because many icons are unfamiliar at first. And because it can do so much, there are so many icons. But I was able to customize my layout so it narrowed down my available icons to just the ones I use regularly. It's only a con for the first month of learning the program. Same for creating forms. As you start to work with it, you learn the tricks to making them easily, but at first it can be difficult. Most of the functions are similar to Adobe, but the one that I had to get used to was copying pages from one document to another. I used to open two separate Adobe windows and then click and drag pages from one into another. Revu only has one thumbnail view pane available at a time, so I had to modify my steps by copy and pasting pages from one document into another.

Very Good Functionality and Good Overall Performance for the Money

Bewertet am 8.6.2017
Charlie M.
Application Engineer
Bau, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Our estimating team switched to this from planswift and we've had more people get on board who were doing paper takeoff. While there were definitely some pains with transitioning once we got used to the new layout we came to appreciate some of the additional features Revu has to offer. I would say planswift is a bit quicker for doing small quick takeoffs, but when we do larger jobs and especially jobs with breakouts Bluebeam starts to pull ahead. The biggest timesaver (and reason we switched) is that Revu makes it much easier to hand-off from estimating to sales (due to the fact that it uses pdf/excel files and the fact that it has the spaces feature that allows sales to provide more detailed info/schedule products by room). In addition, it is much easier to use than Adobe Acrobat (or any dedicated takeoff software) for quickly making comments/marking up PDF's for customers. Also, have to commend them for making changes based on customer feedback that greatly improved the takeoff process.

Vorteile: Lots of different functions (construction takeoff/room scheduling, document mark-up/review, document creation)
Customization for different users/tasks through profiles
Excel export of markups/takeoff
Cheaper than alternative takeoff software
Easy to share with others (uses .pdf files)
Ability to transition from takeoff to room schedule through spaces feature (big time saver for us as we do lots of air device takeoff)
Easy to combine/compare revised drawings to old drawings/takeoff.

Nachteile: Takes a while to get up to speed on compared to other takeoff software (all the features can get overwhelming)
Takeoff functions are not as polished/fast to use as some dedicated takeoff software (although the latest update fixed some of this)
Certain PDF's can take long to load/render (rare problem, but very difficult to work around when it happens)

BlueBeam is a MUST for Construction!

Bewertet am 16.7.2018
Tyler D.
Bau, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I can't say enough good things about this software using it in the construction industry. I have used multiple different PDF editors but nothing comes close to as how good BlueBeam is. There is not much of a learning curve and you can learn the basics very quickly. It goes about as advanced as you would need and can do almost anything. Marking up blueprints is straightforward and easy to do. There are multiple different callout shapes and easily input the tag on it. You can have a favorite toolset on a window for the most frequently used items such as your stamp, signature, check mark, etc... Once you collaborate the blueprint you can measure dimensions, surface, and volume. Bluebeam integrates into most other software such as browsers, Microsoft Excel, and word. It has a quick button in these programs to easily convert it into a PDF inside of Bluebeam. If it does not have integration with the software you can print something and use Bluebeam as a printer to convert it into a PDF inside Bluebeam. You can even set spaces and do punch lists as well. Everyone I work with loves with the product and nobody has a bad thing to say about it.

Nachteile: The only complaint I have been able to come up with but I'm sure it is user error is that my customized toolbar keeps reverting back to the default. I have locked the toolbar and messed with it but randomly every now goes back. I am unsure why this happens and is pretty frustrating when it does. Other than this no complaints.

Excellent PDF mark-up software with time-saving features and intuitive UI. Easy to use and learn.

Bewertet am 24.7.2018
Joey P.
Staff Engineer

Vorteile: There are several features that make this software very useful in engineering and project management. When marking-up PDF drawings or diagrams, the ability scale dimensions and measurements within the software is valuable. Many of the features included with the software are familiar to other software commonly used in the industry, and required no special training to use. I jumped right into using Bluebeam without any training or research, the user interface is that intuitive. Combining, converting, extracting, e-signing, and marking up PDF files has become a simple task which saves a tremendous amount of time. The feature to "lock" or "unlock" amendments to documents with the "flatten" feature is a nice touch.

Nachteile: Sometimes when converting MS Word docs to PDF using Bluebeam creates anomalies or unwanted formatting changes in the converted/output PDF file. This can be irksome for large documents, as QC of hundreds of pages to ensure document was converted to PDF accurately is sometimes necessary. Usually this only occurs with MS Word docs that use MS features that are not commonly used in document formatting or content. Regardless, peace of mind and confidence in formatting conversion would be nice to have, though this issue is also common to other similar software suites.

Easy to use. Lot of functionality.

Bewertet am 6.2.2018
Chase G.
Structural Engineer
Baumaterial, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Quickly and easily edit PDFs. More powerful and functional than most of the basic PDF applications available. Merge documents from a Windows Explorer window.

Vorteile: Bluebeam has a lot of buttons and features out-of-the-box. The default layout is intuitive. Quickly and easily add text, highlights, shapes, callouts, and lines to PDFs. The buttons for rotating the page are readily available. Taking snapshots/copies, cropping, and other editing functions are easy. Bluebeam has measurement tools so you can easily get dimensions off of plans. There are tons of keyboard shortcuts and "toolboxes" that allow you to perform repetitive tasks quickly. Customize stamps to create signatures or other repetitive text like "Reviewed By..." or dynamic shop drawing stamps (like "Make Corrections Noted"). Flatten tool allow you to lock your edits into place. Security features are also available. Bluebeam also allows you to merge/staple multiple sheets together and further manipulate pages within a document.

Nachteile: Bluebeam provides a lot of functionality, but depending on your needs you may be able to use something cheaper and less functional. You should weigh your need for a tool like this. The "Staple" function for combining files within a Windows Explorer window/menu could be a little simpler. It currently brings up a dialogue box that is overly complicated and not intuitive. Other software like Adobe Acrobat allow you to do this much easier with only a few mouse clicks.

Long Time Bluebeam Revu User - Best Day to Day Software I use

Bewertet am 11.9.2018
Sam R.
Senior VDC Engineer
Bau, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Like I said, I could not function on a daily basis without the use of Bluebeam. I have been a daily user for just about 3 years now and I couldn't say enough good things about this software solution and I know it isn't just the Construction Industry that utilizes this software. Anyone can!! Highly Recommend!!

Vorteile: Bluebeam is not only a construction industry standard now, it is a necessity!! I use this software on a daily basis and could not function without it. Some people look at it as a replacement for Adobe Acrobat as just a simple PDF viewer but it is so much more than that. I use it to dimension drawings with it's calibration tool, you can extract specific pages from large document packages mark them up and send them out, their OCR feature is something that I know our Project Engineers and Project Managers use all the time as well and that is just a start of what it can do. Highly recommend!! Worth every penny!!

Nachteile: The cons is simply that there is a learning curve to know how to utilize all of the features it offers. I still learn something new everyday and I have been using it for 2-3 years now. They have great training videos on the website that walk you through Beginner/Intermediate/Advanced features that I would highly recommend.

Bluebeam is an easy to use PDF viewer with tons of features that make it an all around awesome tool

Bewertet am 6.12.2017
Christian M.
Bau, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have found that Bluebeam can do so many things that I almost don't need to use other software. Previously i used a whole slew of programs to complete various tasks similar to what I mention above but with Bluebeam I have discovered that many of these tasks can be completed in Bluebeam eliminating the need to switch between other software as well as saving costs for software that becomes redundant when weighing the uses of Bluebeam.

Vorteile: I love how versatile this software is I use it daily for almost everything that I do as a project engineer. I use it for creating RFI, reviewing submittals, rough take-offs, viewing and marking up drawings, and much more. For each of these tasks Bluebeam has tools that make the process easy, quick and accurate.

Nachteile: I have a hard time finding things that I don't like about Bluebeam, one thing that I have found difficult with Bluebeam is while it has many tools and options it is to the point where it is almost too many tools and options. I have been using the software for close to three years now ona daily basis and I still am learning about the tools and how best to use them. The basic principals and working of Bluebeam is still quite simple but getting into their advanced tools and uses does take an investment of time and practice.

I consider Bluebeam Revu a necessity for my engineering work.

Bewertet am 20.3.2018
Bianca Z.
Mechanical Engineer
Bau, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall I think Bluebeam Revu is a wonderful program. It is easy to use and difficult to make mistakes that aren't easily fixed. I think it is a necessity for anyone dealing with official documents, editing PDFs, and working in the architectural/construction industry.

Vorteile: There are so many pros about this program. My favorite tools would be the calibration tool for verifying and editing architectural plans, the stamp and markup tools for approving and commenting on official documents, and the comparison tool for overlaying revised documents to see design changes. I love that Bluebeam Revu is simple yet sophisticated.

Nachteile: One con is that whenever I lose network connection, my stamp folder loses the path to my stamp folder. It would be helpful if there was a way to save the default stamp folder so when I regain connection it will automatically connect. Another issue is with flattening. It would be nice if there was a password or something users could share with a team in order for everyone in the team to have access to flattening and unflattening. Perhaps there could be a way to choose whether to only have the user who flattened be able to unlock it or to give access to teams.

The best PDF markup tool for the A&E industry

Bewertet am 12.4.2019
Fazal K.
Architect
Architektur & Planung, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It makes checking drawings and communicating changes a lot easier. The markup tools are much better than any other similar software I've tried.

Vorteile: I'm constantly amazed by how many features bluebeam has packed in.
The markup tools themselves have a lot flexibility. Being able to scale drawings and generate dimensions and areas is a huge plus. Creating new elements and adding them to your tool chest for future use is also a nice feature to have.
The OCR tools are fantastic helping us create bookmarks and labels to navigate large PDFs. We also routinely use the hyperlink tool to create linkable details that make navigating a large drawing set even easier. (I believe this feature is available only in the "Extreme" version). There is also an option to take two versions of a document and compare changes between two versions. Beyond that being able to use blue beam sessions to collaborate with your project team on common markups is a great bonus.

Nachteile: I would really like the software to have the ability to create preset profiles that automatically set defaults for markup styles and colors.

Great PDF Editor

Bewertet am 20.6.2019
Bau, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Good price, easy to use. I had been using this software for almost two years, and when it was time for me to buy a PDF editor and after testing a couple, I had no doubt to go for this.

Nachteile: It seems a bit slower to start than acrobat but that didnt stop me from buying it

PDF Viewer For Engineering

Bewertet am 5.4.2019
Michael s. R.
Mechanical Engineer
Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall my experience has been very good. This software basically adds a lot of technical components for PDFs. For example, if you want to sign off on documents, or stamp them with approvals, you can do that easily through Bluebeam.

Vorteile: The number of functions and versatility of Bluebeam is very good. For my engineering job, Bluebeam is a godsend to be able to mark up documents, sign drawings, flatten documents, import/export other files, etc, etc, etc. I used to use Adobe, but functionality-wise, it is no comparison. If you are going to be working with a lot of PDF's and need technical functions, I think Bluebeam is the way to go.

Nachteile: I just switched to Bluebeam 2018 from 2016 and there seems to be some bugs. It crashed on me today which it never crashed on me in 2016. I'm hoping an updated can get 2018 working as smoothly as 2016. Besides that, the only thing that I didn't like is that just like with other complex softwares, there are so many functions that it is easy for one to feel overwhelmed by the software. There is a learning curve but after repeated use you can't go back.

The software I never knew I needed

Bewertet am 1.2.2017
Alan E.

Kommentare: I'm speaking of Revu primarily from a project engineer perspective, working with multi-discipline teams located across the country. Anytime we used to receive a submittal or RFI that requires multi-discipline coordination, you could guarantee that it would be weeks before it was returned. The typical workflow was that only one person had the file at a time, a check-out/check-in kind of system. It would work its way down the chain until all disciplines had a chance to review. For example, an elevator submittal would have to go through Arch to ensure finishes/layout, structural to approve supports and angles, mechanical, electrical, and fire protection for power, machinery, equipment, and sprinklers. By the time each person had a moment to review the submittal, a month could have easily gone by. Then came Bluebeam Revu. All of a sudden I had the ability to create these studio sessions...what a godsend. In an industry where lead times are everything, getting submittal/RFIs back quickly is of paramount importance. So we created accounts for all of our team members and now anytime I receive a submittal that requires multi-discipline coordination, I create a Bluebeam Session with the file uploaded to it. I add all the team members that need to review it to the session and sit back and watch the show. We typically schedule a 1-hour review block where all team members hop onto the session and a conference call and we all review the file CONCURRENTLY. The beauty of Bluebeam software is all the included tools for markups and dimensioning which come absolutely FREE in the "reader" version Bluebeam Vu. So while I pay for my Revu license, all my team members get to access the studio session from a reader they can install for free on their personal computers at home.
All markups are tracked by Bluebeam and an ID is attached to each markup so that I can identify who wrote what. It's amazing software. What used to take weeks of being stuck in the pipeline, now gets turned around in a day or two.
In addition to sessions, I also take advantage of creating sets for my design team and keep track of all revisions using Bluebeam Revu's smart tagging and revision tracking. Add to that Bluebeam's integration with software like ProjectWise, Outlook, and all Autodesk software, and you've got a serious workhorse on your hands.
Revu is more than a simple PDF editor, it is an invaluable tool in the design-construction world. It

Not just a PDF viewer!

Bewertet am 3.11.2018
Jacob P.
Bau, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Bluebeam has increased office productivity tenfold over the years I have seen/implemented it. It really can do whatever you think up, you just need to figure out what you want done.

Vorteile: EVERYTHING! This software is incredible and to say that you can use it to markup PDF's is just scratching the surface. You can use it as an estimating takeoff tool, estimating database, document control system, cloud document storage and more! Really the list goes on and on for the uses of this tool. I have never been so satisfied by any software as much as I am with Bluebeam Revu. You cant go wrong here, and if you ever do mess something up or think you can't do something, their customer support team is top notch, so you'll be saved by their graces! (Shout out to Amanda Wieting for the impeccable support over the years!)

Nachteile: Honestly the only thing I have ever not liked about Bluebeam Revu was the UI change they made when going to 2018. They changed the colors around and that's the worst thing that has ever happened with this program.