Über Bluebeam Revu

Digitale Zusammenarbeit in Echtzeit für Planungs- und Ingenieurbüros und KMUs bis hin zu internationalen Bauunternehmen.

Erfahre mehr über Bluebeam Revu

I like all the features and the integration capabilities. Bluebeam integrates with many other softwares which makes it a one-stop-shop to maximize its utility.

Printing from it seams to be a problem for our field manager sometimes.

Bewertungen zu Bluebeam Revu

Bluebeam Revu hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,7 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 964 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Bluebeam Revu bereits verwendet?

Jonathan
Jonathan
Drafter
Baumaterial, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

You need to ditch Acrobat if you're in the AEC business

Untertitel auf Deutsch sind im Videoplayer verfügbar
Kelsey
Kelsey
Project Manager in USA

Top PDF Viewer/Editor Program on Market

Kommentare: Overall, great experience with Bluebeam Revu. Been a customer for the past 5 years. Never looked back or started looking for another program. Bluebeam has made my work quite simpler. Once you learn the basics, this program is so simple to do quick field measurements, combine/edit files, markup pdf's, extract pages to separate files and so many more functions that I have still to learn.

So many functions that are pertinent to the construction industry that I can use on a daily basis from viewing files to doing quick measurements to editing files to combining or converting to and from PDF files. One very big pro about Bluebeam is the customer service. I had a laptop die on me and it locked out my bluebeam account. I contacted customer support and within a few hours, they unlocked my account for me to register on my new laptop. I thought that was absolutely incredible with the quick turnaround on my Bluebeam license.

Probably my biggest con for Bluebeam is the cost of the software. It is a little pricey, little higher than competitors. But well worth it if you use this program on a daily basis.

Transportation Engineer in Kanada
Tiefbau, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Amazing PDF reader, better than Adobe Acrobat. Very useful engineering tools

Kommentare: This is the fastest tool when it comes to drawing review, pdf document creation and control, and diagram creation. The tools at your disposal allow you to do many things which other programs do not. I would recommend this software over any other PDF reader.

Very handy and intuitive engineering tools, you can mark up drawings, get measurements and estimate quantities very easily. The drawings tools are also very useful, allowing for easy creation of clean diagrams. The PDF tools are powerful and I have completely phased out Adobe Acrobat in favour of using Bluebeam.

The only downside I have come across is the inability to created lines of fixed length, you have to create a measurement and then create a line to match the measurement.

Kevin
Operations in USA

Review of Bluebeam Revu

5,0 vor 4 Wochen Neu

What I like most about Bluebeam Revu is its in depth capability for project review. Software complements well for horizontal construction plans with options for markups and collaboration. Also, allows for PDF conversion for drawings.

Least likeable feature is the limited technical support and customer support if there is a software issue. It may take some time to resolve the issue before it is up and running again. Also, opening / printing files may take some time.

Project Manager in USA
Architektur & Planung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Untrustworthy Developer - Dropped the ball

Brings a lot of features and functionality missing from Acrobat. To my knowledge, no other PDF software is geared towards the A+E market. I wish there was another one out there so that these guys didn't have a monopoly on the market. It has given them a sense of invincibility that has led to stagnation and a lack of genuine support for their customers.

I've been using Revu for about 8 years, 5 of those on Windows. The last 3 are at my most recent job, and when I found out that Bluebeam had created a Revu for Mac, I was quick to push our company to adopt. I even gave a lunchtime presentation to show everyone some of the really powerful features I had come to know and love from the windows side. Playing with the trial version of 1.0, though, I quickly realized that a ton of features were absent from the windows version. I went ahead and gave the presentation anyway, though and with some convincing, we bought seats for everyone. It became clear within the first week of using the software, though, that it was incredibly slow. So slow as to be unusable. It took several seconds to render every page... considering that we regularly deal with 100+ page architectural sets, this made the program worthless in a lot of cases. What's more we really felt the lack of some features from the windows side, many of which were so basic that it's laughable that Bluebeam decided not to invest in them. You can't crop pdfs for instance. Anyway, when bluebeam for mac 2.0 came out, we bought in thinking that we'd be getting all of the features that we were missing along with performance improvements. Turns out they decided to revamp the UI with almost 0 feature inclusions. The performance of page rendering was significantly improved, which was helpful, although page thumbnails now no longer load.

Bau, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

tons of features, faily easy to use

Kommentare: I use this program almost daily for work and find it to be faily simple, mostly reliable, and with all the features I could hope for without being crazy complex.

Lots of useful features. Easy to merge documents and edit files. Lots of editing tools, and once all that's done, you can also reduce file size to allow the file to compress and be small enough to attach to emails.

Certain updates make it very glitchy and it will freeze frequently on me. Other updates are perfectly fine. Seems they issue a revised update fairly quickly when these issues occur.

Amy
Project Coordinator in USA

Bluebeam Revu

Kommentare: I was a little hesitant at first when my company switched from Adobe to Bluebeam, but now that I have gotten use to the program I would never want to go back to Adobe.

It's easy to mark up PDF files. In the construction industry, we make markups on blueprints and submittals. It's also easy for material take-offs with the measuring tools.

I still haven't been satisfied with all the toolbars and their locations. I have a tool bar on the top, side and bottom and I haven't figured out how to make it so I can just show the tools that I use the most.

Eddie
Senior Project Manager in USA
Bau, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Bluebeam is a cost effective alternative to other PDF Editors in the construction world

Cost effectiveness and ease of use compared to other editors.

Some tools are less sophisticated than other editors on the market but overall worth it in terms of cost.

Gloria
Human Resources Manager in USA
Bau, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Bluebeam Revu raving results

Once I learned how to use it there was no going back to Adobe. Blue Beam has management tools that improve review speed and accuracy.

Thelearning curve if you really want to use the product the correct way.

Gregg
Gregg
President/CEO in USA

Move Over Adobe, Bluebeam is Better

Kommentare: A great alternative to Adobe…much more user friendly and affordable.

Bluebeam has better features and is easier to use than Adobe. The cost is much less when you consider payments are not indefinite.

Nothing bad to report. Bluebeam is far superior to Adobe. So far we have not found any flaws in the software.

Ben
technical coordinator in UK
Bau, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Blue beam review

Kommentare: very good for certain things without having to open up cad

take off made easy and not having to print anything off

the task bars seem very confusing and time-consuming to setup

Danielle
Commercial Coordinator in USA
Bau, 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

I can't live without Bluebeam

Kommentare: I honestly love Blue beam I was only using Adobe about 5 1/2 years ago and my supervisor made me start using Bluebeam and told me you will learn to love and not be able to use anything else, well he was right.

I love being able to mark up documents, measure them, sign them all in once place. I use bluebeam every hour of the day and it makes my job easier.

I don't like when their are updates that are taking place and it causes me to not be able to use some functions or certain features stop working correctly due to the update needed.

Nathan
Client Service Represenative in USA

The Third Hand

Kommentare: We have designers that draw projects with a different program. Once that project is drawn, it gets sent to all the personal that need to look at it and use it for their specific tasks. BlueBeam makes it so I can get my notes and my measurements fast and easy. For example, when I am with a client making siding selection, I can add the note right on the plan with there Text tab. Simple and easy. When they want to change a window location, neat, crisp lines can be drawn to show were it should go. Bluebeam also helps me daily when I receive PDF documents from vendors or suppliers.

It is my go-to program to look at and edit PDF's. When one has to measure something, its easy to use and easy to give accurate information to the project managers, vendors, & suppliers. Easy to add notes and clean up PDF's to make them look and say the things you want. Like the fact my toolbox is saved and can be used over and over. While I was filling this out, a sub called and asked a question about a plan. I used Revu to answer the question because its quick and easy to get the information they are looking for.

Learning the way the Revu works takes time. Once you figure it out, its great though. I had to have someone else that had used Revu before set up my toolbox and headers because trying to do it myself was taking so long. Mostly that is my own fault but getting a program tailored to yourself should not be hard to set up. There is not much I don't like about the this program.

Ashley
Office Manager in USA
Automotive, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Unlock Documents & Make Estimating a Breeze

Kommentare: Once you understand how to use bluebeam you will never go back to adobe again! I absolutely love all the extra things that I can do in bluebeam that I cannot in adobe. Being able to use this software for more than just a PDF and for estimating projects has made life way easier and help make sure we are not missing items on the estimates.

Bluebeam has an amazing customizable tool box which I find the most helpful! There are certain tools I will use over and over again and having this quick popup with all my tools to grab and use saves me so much time. Also, adding pages into a current document is as easy as just dropping into the place where you want it. If you are using bluebeam more for just PDF purposes, this software will do so much more than adobe and give me cleaner documents. I use it alot to make submittals and I need to markup and add/ move pages alot and this makes it the easiest and fastest way for me to do so. I can remove items off the pages and add notes when needed. I can go on about the list of amazing features this offers, like counting how many outlets I need on the plan, or resizing and signing it. Your options here are endless.

The biggest downside to bluebeam is that it takes time to learn and isn't very user friendly for the average person. Figuring out what each tool does takes some time, and sometimes there are a few you can use for the same thing. Since bluebeam has so many features it can be hard to narrow down or even locate the one you are needing. This is why that custom tool box is so handy.

Scott
Sr project manager in USA
Bau, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Lengthy enjoyable experience with this software.

Kommentare: My overall experience was stellar. To import plans was so easy and other softwares this is not the case. Many other software would take 2-4 additional steps just to import blueprints. Where as Bluebeam is basically one step. The software runs rather fast with hardly resizing delays , I have used similar softwares after acquiring Bluebeam and on the same computer I experienced resizing delays on the similar software, where Bluebeam had no issues.

The most important part of this software was the complete ease of use. With no experience with estimating software, I was able to jump right in and get to work without any training, videos or someone else to teach me the basics. The original layout and key icons made everything simple but necessary.

The first major issue I incurred was learning how to compile all of the data at the finish of gathering the take off( sq ft measurements) this portion of the software was slightly less user friendly when it came to compiling the lists of rooms/areas with the details .eventually after some months of use I began to become familiar with the steps of the software sorting the sq feet and labeling the areas

Ash
Project Manager in Australien
Bau, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Easy pdf editing and take off's

Kommentare: Bluebeam Revu is my to go app for pdf viewing, editing and take offs.

Bluebeam Revu gives you more level of control over pdf's than you can imagine. The number of tools and features are extensive. Take offs and commenting is the least you can expect from Bluebeam.

Although Bluebeam Revu has a very good take off facility, the labelling could have been better.

Ana
Architectural designer in USA
Architektur & Planung, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

My favorite software for easy collaboration

Kommentare: Overall one of my favorite tools to use daily. This tool makes my job fun and helps me manage my team and project with less stress and difficulty for me.

This is easy for even the most computer illiterate person to use. I use this on ever team and always have it open on a monitor - every project I have a bluebeam session for. I find that this tool makes my life easier in collaborative review of drawings, markup and sharing of changes and information, directing people to issues or topics for discussion, and using as a tool to sketch together live while in a virtual meeting.

The marking complete feature could be less clunky. The pen tool could be vastly improved. Having a way to know if someone did not get in to review by a deadline, or enter the session at all, would be helpful. All in all minor things

christian
christian
Project Engineer in USA
Bau, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Bluebeam is an easy to use PDF viewer with tons of features that make it an all around awesome tool

Kommentare: I have found that Bluebeam can do so many things that I almost don't need to use other software. Previously i used a whole slew of programs to complete various tasks similar to what I mention above but with Bluebeam I have discovered that many of these tasks can be completed in Bluebeam eliminating the need to switch between other software as well as saving costs for software that becomes redundant when weighing the uses of Bluebeam.

I love how versatile this software is I use it daily for almost everything that I do as a project engineer. I use it for creating RFI, reviewing submittals, rough take-offs, viewing and marking up drawings, and much more. For each of these tasks Bluebeam has tools that make the process easy, quick and accurate.

I have a hard time finding things that I don't like about Bluebeam, one thing that I have found difficult with Bluebeam is while it has many tools and options it is to the point where it is almost too many tools and options. I have been using the software for close to three years now ona daily basis and I still am learning about the tools and how best to use them. The basic principals and working of Bluebeam is still quite simple but getting into their advanced tools and uses does take an investment of time and practice.

Eric
Principal in USA
Architektur & Planung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Grew too fast

Kommentare: At one time I was a passionate advocate for Bluebeam and recommended it to many people in person and online in organizations I am part of. Things are not what they used to be, they cannot seem to keep up with software updates and making the program functional without major crashes and problems with all of the platforms I have worked on in the last 4 years.

Bluebeam was the most fully inclusive pdf editor and set building software for the AEC industry. They took off fast and implemented wonderful tools. It appears they have grown to fast and are now not able to support the software and apps they have released. I had Bluebeam for Mac-they have discontinued, I have Bluebeam for iPad-almost unusable because of crashes and unknown problems they cannot fix. Now I have Bluebeam for pc and trying to buy a license but they are down. Too bad as it was a great software and hopefully they can get things together and stay viable.

See pros above. Sad to see this company falling apart.

Ana
Architectural designer in USA
Architektur & Planung, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Easy document based collaboration

This is an easy to use cloud based document storage that is accessible live by team members to mark up with a robust tool chest. Any type of document management, from idea brainstorming to architectural drawing set review, is easy to do in this program. It is also easy to track others’ or your own mark ups in the document, and set a status to the mark ups like completed or incomplete or in need of discussion. You can also alert a team member to a mark. The bluebeam session feature of revu is simple yet powerful. The bluebeam project feature is similar but is based on the idea of each sheet of a document being easy to check in or out by a team member, and mark up or replace back into the larger document.

I wish there was an easier way to swap out a document or sheet without losing the comments and their properties. I also wish there was a homepage feature for a project that teams could add milestone information, weekly or monthly tasks, and sort your notifications by priority that are within the bluebeam session.

Deniel
Field Engineer in Kanada
Bau, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

BlueBeam Review

Kommentare: Markups of documents for red lines and revisions. Calculation area/volume/length of certain items in drawings for use in construction planning and estimating

Excellent document markup interface, accurate measuring tools for estimating, OCR fairly accurate and tracking of markups

When integrated with InEight Documents, the time for opening and saving documents is extended. No notification when emailing document if the document is too large. When using print to bluebeam, characters and whole words are not transferred to the Bluebeam version of the document.

Tyler
Bau, Selbstständig

Way more than just a .PDF program...

I love all of the takeoff features bluebeam has. Being tailor made for construction and having all of the same features as the competitors as well makes it a no Brainer for me.

Integration was easy. Learning the program is slightly different than competitors but there is a good help section and online communities.

Hammam
Civil Engineer in Jordanien

Streamlining Construction Projects with Bluebeam

Bluebeam is an exceptional software solution that offers a wide range of benefits for construction professionals and project managers. One of its most notable features is the ability to perform takeoffs from PDF files, which can be a time-consuming and labor-intensive task when done manually. Bluebeam makes it easy to perform takeoffs from PDF files, allowing users to accurately calculate the quantities of materials required for a project. This can help to reduce errors and ensure that the project is completed on time and within budget.

Some users have reported performance issues with Bluebeam, such as slow processing times or crashes. While these issues are not common, they can be frustrating when they do occur.

Jesse
Senior Engineer/Associate in USA
Tiefbau, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Best PDF editor I have ever used, Period!

Kommentare: The biggest benefit from the software is that it saves me so much time thus allowing me to be more productive and profitable!

My favorite feature is the ability to set the scale and take measurements of items that are drawn on the PDF sheets. I am an Engineer so this comes in very handy. I also love that I can quickly sketch details to get to my drafter or a contractor who is working on my project. Revu has a tool chest where I can store my most frequently used mark-ups so I dont have to keep redrawing them. This program is super powerful with the ability to insert images, reduce the file size, and create an open session that multiple people can join into and make markups on the same document simultaneously. Lastly, one of the best features are the keyboard hot-keys - just type [L} to draw a line, [C} to draw a cloud, and so on.

Since there are so many options, it can be daunting to learn at first, but with use and time it becomes more and more intuitive.

Darragh
Director in Deutschland
Bau, Selbstständig

Essential for anyone in Engineering and construction

Kommentare: Excellent

It makes marking up, commenting, and editing drawings extremely easy and quick

Price, I feel it could be a little cheaper but it's not terrible

Muhammad
Estimator in USA
Bau, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

a great program to use for review and PDF editing

Kommentare: so far its been a great Alternative to Adobe or other programs to edit then share with clients, we use it to make notes on PDF files do quick takeoffs and send as built plans

when i first started using this program i realized how much better it is than adobe reader, it lets you edit draw lines, add text even do takeoffs on the same sheets. as well as the ability to stamp all the sheets with one click!

price, has a learning curve , fezzes with very large PDF files