Über Bluebeam Revu

Digitale Zusammenarbeit in Echtzeit für Planungs- und Ingenieurbüros und KMUs bis hin zu internationalen Bauunternehmen.

Erfahre mehr über Bluebeam Revu

I like all the features and the integration capabilities. Bluebeam integrates with many other softwares which makes it a one-stop-shop to maximize its utility.

Printing from it seams to be a problem for our field manager sometimes.

Bewertungen zu Bluebeam Revu

Bluebeam Revu hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,7 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 962 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Bluebeam Revu bereits verwendet?

Drafter
Baumaterial, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

You need to ditch Acrobat if you're in the AEC business

Untertitel auf Deutsch sind im Videoplayer verfügbar
Kelsey
Kelsey
Project Manager in USA

Top PDF Viewer/Editor Program on Market

Kommentare: Overall, great experience with Bluebeam Revu. Been a customer for the past 5 years. Never looked back or started looking for another program. Bluebeam has made my work quite simpler. Once you learn the basics, this program is so simple to do quick field measurements, combine/edit files, markup pdf's, extract pages to separate files and so many more functions that I have still to learn.

So many functions that are pertinent to the construction industry that I can use on a daily basis from viewing files to doing quick measurements to editing files to combining or converting to and from PDF files. One very big pro about Bluebeam is the customer service. I had a laptop die on me and it locked out my bluebeam account. I contacted customer support and within a few hours, they unlocked my account for me to register on my new laptop. I thought that was absolutely incredible with the quick turnaround on my Bluebeam license.

Probably my biggest con for Bluebeam is the cost of the software. It is a little pricey, little higher than competitors. But well worth it if you use this program on a daily basis.

Eddie
Senior Project Manager in USA
Bau, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Bluebeam is a cost effective alternative to other PDF Editors in the construction world

5,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Cost effectiveness and ease of use compared to other editors.

Some tools are less sophisticated than other editors on the market but overall worth it in terms of cost.

Joshua
Joshua
Project Manager in USA
Architektur & Planung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Untrustworthy Developer - Dropped the ball

Brings a lot of features and functionality missing from Acrobat. To my knowledge, no other PDF software is geared towards the A+E market. I wish there was another one out there so that these guys didn't have a monopoly on the market. It has given them a sense of invincibility that has led to stagnation and a lack of genuine support for their customers.

I've been using Revu for about 8 years, 5 of those on Windows. The last 3 are at my most recent job, and when I found out that Bluebeam had created a Revu for Mac, I was quick to push our company to adopt. I even gave a lunchtime presentation to show everyone some of the really powerful features I had come to know and love from the windows side. Playing with the trial version of 1.0, though, I quickly realized that a ton of features were absent from the windows version. I went ahead and gave the presentation anyway, though and with some convincing, we bought seats for everyone. It became clear within the first week of using the software, though, that it was incredibly slow. So slow as to be unusable. It took several seconds to render every page... considering that we regularly deal with 100+ page architectural sets, this made the program worthless in a lot of cases. What's more we really felt the lack of some features from the windows side, many of which were so basic that it's laughable that Bluebeam decided not to invest in them. You can't crop pdfs for instance. Anyway, when bluebeam for mac 2.0 came out, we bought in thinking that we'd be getting all of the features that we were missing along with performance improvements. Turns out they decided to revamp the UI with almost 0 feature inclusions. The performance of page rendering was significantly improved, which was helpful, although page thumbnails now no longer load.

Amy
Project Coordinator in USA

Bluebeam Revu

Kommentare: I was a little hesitant at first when my company switched from Adobe to Bluebeam, but now that I have gotten use to the program I would never want to go back to Adobe.

It's easy to mark up PDF files. In the construction industry, we make markups on blueprints and submittals. It's also easy for material take-offs with the measuring tools.

I still haven't been satisfied with all the toolbars and their locations. I have a tool bar on the top, side and bottom and I haven't figured out how to make it so I can just show the tools that I use the most.

Ben
technical coordinator in UK
Bau, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Blue beam review

5,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: very good for certain things without having to open up cad

take off made easy and not having to print anything off

the task bars seem very confusing and time-consuming to setup

Ashley
Office Manager in USA
Automotive, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Unlock Documents & Make Estimating a Breeze

5,0 vor 3 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: Once you understand how to use bluebeam you will never go back to adobe again! I absolutely love all the extra things that I can do in bluebeam that I cannot in adobe. Being able to use this software for more than just a PDF and for estimating projects has made life way easier and help make sure we are not missing items on the estimates.

Bluebeam has an amazing customizable tool box which I find the most helpful! There are certain tools I will use over and over again and having this quick popup with all my tools to grab and use saves me so much time. Also, adding pages into a current document is as easy as just dropping into the place where you want it. If you are using bluebeam more for just PDF purposes, this software will do so much more than adobe and give me cleaner documents. I use it alot to make submittals and I need to markup and add/ move pages alot and this makes it the easiest and fastest way for me to do so. I can remove items off the pages and add notes when needed. I can go on about the list of amazing features this offers, like counting how many outlets I need on the plan, or resizing and signing it. Your options here are endless.

The biggest downside to bluebeam is that it takes time to learn and isn't very user friendly for the average person. Figuring out what each tool does takes some time, and sometimes there are a few you can use for the same thing. Since bluebeam has so many features it can be hard to narrow down or even locate the one you are needing. This is why that custom tool box is so handy.

Matthew
Design Manager in UK

BlueBeam Revu

5,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: the product makes it easy to measure, mark up and make amendments to drawings during the design process without the need to have expensive CAD software

easy to use, inexpensive and has great features

I sometimes struggle to find features, but that is because I don't use everything all the time, and it is a very feature rich product

Darragh
Director in Deutschland
Bau, Selbstständig

Essential for anyone in Engineering and construction

5,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: Excellent

It makes marking up, commenting, and editing drawings extremely easy and quick

Price, I feel it could be a little cheaper but it's not terrible

Kyle
Estimator in UK

Great Software But Needs To Be Available To Mac Users Again

5,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: Very good, just disappointed it's no longer available on mac. It was by far the best for everything we do as a company and now we can't use it.

The take off function and ability to add comments was extremely useful

The licensing expired on Mac, so new employees are unable to use the software which is a huge issue as we had three members of the commercial department using Bluebeam and we had to change when another three employees joined the team as we can't collaborate unless all on same software.

Misty
Project Administrator in USA
Bau, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Bluebeam User

5,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: Extremely satisfied with the use and functions. I recommend it to all my co workers.

I like the PDF editing feature and the way you can insert and extract pages.

The search feature can be overwhelming. I think that can be made more simple.

Justin
Project Manager/Estimator in USA

2nd to none

Kommentare: Bluebeam compliments our takeoff program very well. It is very useful for generating individual files out of a large set that are uniquely named by the drawing number and name (or however you wish to name them), which then allows me to import those files into the program without the need for manually typing in the descriptions. Saves an inordinate amount of time at the start of a takeoff for each job.

There is no PDF program out there to my knowledge that comes anywhere close to this program when it comes to the construction industry. We have been using this program for 6 years now, and the advancements the developers have made have been fantastic. All of our estimators and project managers have at least Bluebeam Revu, some have Extreme. The text recognition for creating page labels/bookmarks is fantastic (has improved greatly over time). The Sets feature is top notch as well, particularly for keeping up with jobs that have numerous revised drawing sets. The takeoff module is quite powerful, although we do not really take advantage of it's full potential as we already had an on-screen takeoff program.

I honestly have not been a huge fan of the new look in the 2018 version, but that's probably just because I was used to the old look after years of use. Some of our users are overwhelmed with all of the options, buttons, and menus, but that's really just the nature of the beast with a program with so many tools.

Ajinkya Mohan
Structural Engineer in USA
Tiefbau, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

A great software for engineering firms

Kommentare: I am very happy with the software. I have been using it for over an year now and I definitely recommend it to anyone who is starting off in an engineering firm. You will spend a large part of your time working with this software. It has all the bells and whistles and there is literally nothing more than you can want out of it. However, this sometimes makes it difficult to find some stuff. I would like to see an option to toggle between a simple document review option (similar to Adobe Acrobat Pro) and a detailed drawing review option. Otherwise I am very happy and it manages to surprise me everyday with the sheer amount of features available.

Primarily one might feel it's just another PDF reviewer and editor similar to Adobe Acrobat Pro, but this is more catered towards engineering jobs. It's easy to make markups on the drawings, with specific options like revision clouds, grid lines among other things. One can also make some specific markups and save them in their tool box. One neat feature is the ability to compare two documents by overlaying them on top of each other. This is especially helpful to check if their were any changes in different revisions of the drawings which can be easily missed by a normal human review.

Since it's so much loaded with features, sometimes it becomes difficult to find exactly what you needed to do. It is in such times that I miss the simplicity of Adobe Acrobat Pro, where the User Interface is clean. But then again Adobe is catered towards a general document review whereas Bluebeam Revu caters engineering firms. I would like to see an option to turn on and off the detailed User Interface to get a more simplistic Adobe like interface as required.

Susan
Certified Professional Estimator in USA
Bau, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Bluebeam Revu is the best product on the market

Kommentare: Its more than a PDF viewer or an annotation tool. I can do takeoff any project efficiently for estimates with all the assorted program tools. It is the best platform for Constructability Reviews through studio sessions that allows all team players to collaborate with each other to avoid conflict between each engineering discipline.

It's the best software that allows simplicity for any type of project involving engineering drawings, estimating or constructability reviews whether going solo or as a team in Studio Sessions.

I have been using Bluebeam for over 15 years and had never an issue that couldn't be resolved. The support personnel can make magic happen within seconds to solve any problem.

Gina
Administrator in USA
Bau, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

BlueBeam Revue is my FAVE!

Kommentare: I utilize BlueBeam Revu pretty much on a daily basis whether it be to open/review documents (as a PDF reader) or to edit/modify documents, invoices, etc. It has become a HUGE tool for me, a time saver AND a stress saver as well! :-)

After struggling through Adobe for many years, I was introduced to BlueBeam Revu about 3 years ago and it has made my life SO much more pleasant! The features and ease of use (once you have been properly trained) are a Godsend! The ability to relocate text placement more precisely is the most valuable tool for me.

I do struggle with changing the font sizes when creating new text boxes to be uniform to the last but not a deal breaker - LOL!!

chandra
electrical designer in Indien
Tiefbau, 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

best for pdf viewer in modeling

Kommentare: its very good. uses daily, its very compatible with AutoCAD Revit and other software's where its gives best pdf viewer experience and editing marking or comment session. best options are availed to make changes for document. security is high. content is preserved.

any changes in the pdf it can be preserved with the owner with date and time itself. Variety of pdf editing options like text editing . marking highlight and work sharing with others. its can be operated with number of other software's to make pdf and print setting.

nothing much but its taking some time to load file at starting of opening.

Dani
Project Coordinator in
Bau, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Far superior than Adobe for construction

Kommentare: First, let me start by saying I have the Extreme version and create forms and use the JavaScript features frequently. I switched to Revu because Adobe wasn't giving me what I needed and that was software that could automate many of the tasks I was performing at the time. For example, to process one submittal, I had to combine the pages from one file with the submittal cover page, stamp it, add the date and signature of the person approving the submittal, flatten the markups so no one could edit them, and then save them on a network drive. With Revu I was able to click one icon and do all that from inserting the page, stamping/flattening, and prompting me to save on the network. It saved me so much time! I was able to create custom stamps for all our coordinators to use.

Suited for construction work, not just documents. It lets me do so much so easily. I can overlay drawings and find where things have changed. This works for contracts too. I can overlay the pages and see if the sub revised the document at all. I can easily markup drawings without any CAD experience needed. I can create forms from PDFs.

It takes a little while to learn the program because many icons are unfamiliar at first. And because it can do so much, there are so many icons. But I was able to customize my layout so it narrowed down my available icons to just the ones I use regularly. It's only a con for the first month of learning the program. Same for creating forms. As you start to work with it, you learn the tricks to making them easily, but at first it can be difficult. Most of the functions are similar to Adobe, but the one that I had to get used to was copying pages from one document to another. I used to open two separate Adobe windows and then click and drag pages from one into another. Revu only has one thumbnail view pane available at a time, so I had to modify my steps by copy and pasting pages from one document into another.

Charlie
Application Engineer in

Very Good Functionality and Good Overall Performance for the Money

Kommentare: Our estimating team switched to this from planswift and we've had more people get on board who were doing paper takeoff. While there were definitely some pains with transitioning once we got used to the new layout we came to appreciate some of the additional features Revu has to offer. I would say planswift is a bit quicker for doing small quick takeoffs, but when we do larger jobs and especially jobs with breakouts Bluebeam starts to pull ahead. The biggest timesaver (and reason we switched) is that Revu makes it much easier to hand-off from estimating to sales (due to the fact that it uses pdf/excel files and the fact that it has the spaces feature that allows sales to provide more detailed info/schedule products by room). In addition, it is much easier to use than Adobe Acrobat (or any dedicated takeoff software) for quickly making comments/marking up PDF's for customers. Also, have to commend them for making changes based on customer feedback that greatly improved the takeoff process.

Lots of different functions (construction takeoff/room scheduling, document mark-up/review, document creation) Customization for different users/tasks through profiles Excel export of markups/takeoff Cheaper than alternative takeoff software Easy to share with others (uses .pdf files) Ability to transition from takeoff to room schedule through spaces feature (big time saver for us as we do lots of air device takeoff) Easy to combine/compare revised drawings to old drawings/takeoff.

Takes a while to get up to speed on compared to other takeoff software (all the features can get overwhelming) Takeoff functions are not as polished/fast to use as some dedicated takeoff software (although the latest update fixed some of this) Certain PDF's can take long to load/render (rare problem, but very difficult to work around when it happens)

Joey
Staff Engineer in USA

Excellent PDF mark-up software with time-saving features and intuitive UI. Easy to use and learn.

There are several features that make this software very useful in engineering and project management. When marking-up PDF drawings or diagrams, the ability scale dimensions and measurements within the software is valuable. Many of the features included with the software are familiar to other software commonly used in the industry, and required no special training to use. I jumped right into using Bluebeam without any training or research, the user interface is that intuitive. Combining, converting, extracting, e-signing, and marking up PDF files has become a simple task which saves a tremendous amount of time. The feature to "lock" or "unlock" amendments to documents with the "flatten" feature is a nice touch.

Sometimes when converting MS Word docs to PDF using Bluebeam creates anomalies or unwanted formatting changes in the converted/output PDF file. This can be irksome for large documents, as QC of hundreds of pages to ensure document was converted to PDF accurately is sometimes necessary. Usually this only occurs with MS Word docs that use MS features that are not commonly used in document formatting or content. Regardless, peace of mind and confidence in formatting conversion would be nice to have, though this issue is also common to other similar software suites.

christian
christian
Project Engineer in USA
Bau, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Bluebeam is an easy to use PDF viewer with tons of features that make it an all around awesome tool

Kommentare: I have found that Bluebeam can do so many things that I almost don't need to use other software. Previously i used a whole slew of programs to complete various tasks similar to what I mention above but with Bluebeam I have discovered that many of these tasks can be completed in Bluebeam eliminating the need to switch between other software as well as saving costs for software that becomes redundant when weighing the uses of Bluebeam.

I love how versatile this software is I use it daily for almost everything that I do as a project engineer. I use it for creating RFI, reviewing submittals, rough take-offs, viewing and marking up drawings, and much more. For each of these tasks Bluebeam has tools that make the process easy, quick and accurate.

I have a hard time finding things that I don't like about Bluebeam, one thing that I have found difficult with Bluebeam is while it has many tools and options it is to the point where it is almost too many tools and options. I have been using the software for close to three years now ona daily basis and I still am learning about the tools and how best to use them. The basic principals and working of Bluebeam is still quite simple but getting into their advanced tools and uses does take an investment of time and practice.

Bianca
Mechanical Engineer in USA
Bau, 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

I consider Bluebeam Revu a necessity for my engineering work.

Kommentare: Overall I think Bluebeam Revu is a wonderful program. It is easy to use and difficult to make mistakes that aren't easily fixed. I think it is a necessity for anyone dealing with official documents, editing PDFs, and working in the architectural/construction industry.

There are so many pros about this program. My favorite tools would be the calibration tool for verifying and editing architectural plans, the stamp and markup tools for approving and commenting on official documents, and the comparison tool for overlaying revised documents to see design changes. I love that Bluebeam Revu is simple yet sophisticated.

One con is that whenever I lose network connection, my stamp folder loses the path to my stamp folder. It would be helpful if there was a way to save the default stamp folder so when I regain connection it will automatically connect. Another issue is with flattening. It would be nice if there was a password or something users could share with a team in order for everyone in the team to have access to flattening and unflattening. Perhaps there could be a way to choose whether to only have the user who flattened be able to unlock it or to give access to teams.

Eric
Principal in USA
Architektur & Planung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Grew too fast

Kommentare: At one time I was a passionate advocate for Bluebeam and recommended it to many people in person and online in organizations I am part of. Things are not what they used to be, they cannot seem to keep up with software updates and making the program functional without major crashes and problems with all of the platforms I have worked on in the last 4 years.

Bluebeam was the most fully inclusive pdf editor and set building software for the AEC industry. They took off fast and implemented wonderful tools. It appears they have grown to fast and are now not able to support the software and apps they have released. I had Bluebeam for Mac-they have discontinued, I have Bluebeam for iPad-almost unusable because of crashes and unknown problems they cannot fix. Now I have Bluebeam for pc and trying to buy a license but they are down. Too bad as it was a great software and hopefully they can get things together and stay viable.

See pros above. Sad to see this company falling apart.

Bau, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great PDF Editor

Good price, easy to use. I had been using this software for almost two years, and when it was time for me to buy a PDF editor and after testing a couple, I had no doubt to go for this.

It seems a bit slower to start than acrobat but that didnt stop me from buying it

Curtain Wall Designer in USA
Architektur & Planung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

You need to ditch Acrobat if you're in the AEC business

Kommentare: Aside from licensing issues, I love it, and it's miles ahead of Acrobat if you're doing any kind of construction or architectural work. My clients love getting a clean PDF where the page label matches the sheet name and details and sections are hyperlinked to go to that sheet. I work with architectural plans from other sources and it's great to be able to clean up my own PDF for reference.

Being able to rename page labels automatically, set architectural scale for each sheet for accurate measurements, being able to batch hyperlink my shop drawings before I send to clients. Very stable, I can't remember having any crashes.

Licensing scheme is twenty years out of date. In 2023 I should be able to use my license on my desktop and laptop or home computer without purchasing an additional license or mess around with authorizing and de-authorizing my license. Allow 2 or 3 machines to be activated on one license or go to a log in scheme like Autodesk uses now. The strict licensing only irritates your honest customers, most companies figured this out a long time ago.

Jacob
Jacob
Project Engineer in USA

Not just a PDF viewer!

Kommentare: Bluebeam has increased office productivity tenfold over the years I have seen/implemented it. It really can do whatever you think up, you just need to figure out what you want done.

EVERYTHING! This software is incredible and to say that you can use it to markup PDF's is just scratching the surface. You can use it as an estimating takeoff tool, estimating database, document control system, cloud document storage and more! Really the list goes on and on for the uses of this tool. I have never been so satisfied by any software as much as I am with Bluebeam Revu. You cant go wrong here, and if you ever do mess something up or think you can't do something, their customer support team is top notch, so you'll be saved by their graces! (Shout out to Amanda Wieting for the impeccable support over the years!)

Honestly the only thing I have ever not liked about Bluebeam Revu was the UI change they made when going to 2018. They changed the colors around and that's the worst thing that has ever happened with this program.

Cindy
Bill of Materials TechnicianII in USA
Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Bluebeam Revu for Print Management

Kommentare: I really like Bluebeam. I hope I like it as much when I am not able to save a print through SolidWorks and will need to press a few more buttons to view it.

Bluebeam is super easy, user friendly. As our part designs change, therefore requiring print changes, we have the capability to use the tools offered in Bluebeam to markup changes, highlight, and add text explaining revisions so everyone is on the same page as to what/why a change occurred and if it effects fit, form or function.

No dislikes, really. We recently upgraded our SolidWorks® and am finding that Bluebeam will not be connecting/compatible with SolidWorks® any longer. That is not horrible as we can save prints other ways and still read them in Bluebeam Revu.