Über On-Screen Takeoff

On-Screen Takeoff (OST) von On Center Software unterstützt die Anforderungen von Bauunternehmen zum Anzeigen von Plänen, Messen von Mengen und der Projektverwaltung.

Erfahre mehr über On-Screen Takeoff

Easy to export to excel or other programs. Quick click links so you can jump between plan and detail fast.

The software had lots of menus and was sometimes confusing and difficult to navigate. I have found a better take off software to utilize for my business now.

Bewertungen zu On-Screen Takeoff

4,0

On-Screen Takeoff hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,3 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 157 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du On-Screen Takeoff bereits verwendet?

Jeffrey
Jeffrey
CEO/Chief Estimator in USA

Be Here Now

Kommentare: I've recommended this company many times, advised two companies in the last two years, including the one I currently work with, to buy the software because it's simply the best value I know of. And one REALLY important thing; Their SERVICE in superb. Full stop. I see lots and lots of major changes still ahead for this industry of estimating, and software will lead in that new complexity/simplicity. More to understand, more to buy, more to manage. Having a 'let's get this fixed now' tech team, along with a friendly 'no such thing as a stupid question' mandate, if all OCS keeps doing is being the best at SERVICE, they will always have my business .

When using both OST and QuickBids together there is a synergy that not only allows you to 'standardize' your pricing, but also build unlimited 'conditions' using those standard conditions, or from scratch. As an independent can manage clients in completely different databases if that level of separation is required. Yesterday a client gave me some feedback-just a little too high. Well, I have 4 other floors ready to submit for the next phase. I just go into 'markups', a little wiggle, a jiggle, and I have my pricing in line to vigorously compete in the next round. Total time, including new reports, 1 hour. Every single condition, adjusted for the new pricing (not just some lump sum discount, that's just lazy) and re-sent in a lunch hour. Nice... Alternates and change orders are even faster.

Reports stinks. Sorry, I call 'em like I see 'em. It's a bit better, more choices for printing and a 'master list' of available functions, but STILL, the actual graphics are completely terrible! No headings, no subheadings, just all one font, all one size, all run together with random page breaks. It takes me a lot of time, hours for big projects, to go through it all and make it legible. A little bird says it's in the works, I have the champaign chilled to celebrate when it's available in an update because it's probably the only thing that still irks me. Also, fix the output PDF distiller!!!

Mark
Mark
Estimator in Kanada

The best takeoff software I've used, albeit a little pricey.

Kommentare: Fast reliable estimates

It's fast and easy to use once it's setup. Does most things well. For most estimators, this is the software you want. If you have the funds, it's worth getting On-Screen Takeoff & QuickBid together. When you start to delve into it's various features you really see some great ways to save time. E.g. Typical Areas, Style Sets, Layers, Copying Bids, etc. I'd highly advise setting up one or more Template bids and copying the relevant one every time you have a new bid to do. Saves a ton of time. I'd highly recommend this software.

There are some features it could have which would make it better. E.g. Auto-Page labeling, automatic page links, etc. Database has issues from time to time. E.g. It disconnects from it's sister software QuickBid - which can cause problems. But that's not too often and possibly related to my computer? On it's own it's just OK, but with QuickBid it's really great. Quickbid is a separate purchase. The price would be the biggest issue I see with this software. It's quite expensive. Kind of precludes smaller businesses from buying it. Which is unfortunate, since it's possibly the best takeoff software out there. I could have bought a small family car for the price of the two licenses I purchased for my business (that was along with sister software QuickBid)

Chief Estimator in USA

Outdated

OnScreen Takeoff Typical Groups works well - I don't know any other software that has this function. Very helpful for apartment takeoffs.

Software has become outdated. OnCenter is very slow to respond to problems with their software. Several problems discussed with their technical department are known, but they state that in their opinion these issues, some of which can actually result in incorrect bids, are not critical enough to warrant repair. I suggest being extremely careful when using OnScreen and QuickBid interactively. Note that Windows 10 has more issues that older versions of Windows - Oncenter is not keeping up. DON'T GET A NEW COMUTER! OnCenter is not keeping up with innovation that other software companies. Adding notes is cumbersome - in OnScreen they get in the way of doing takeoffs. In QuickBid they easily become buried in the bid and get missed. Adding drawing numbers and names function in OnScreen Takeoff does not work well. Revising drawings to TIFF is outdated. Programs do not work well interactively and also bog down on large bids.

Bau, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

A standard in the Construction industry

Kommentare: Overall good experience. Construction companies typically have to use different pieces of software that do similar things when working with joint ventures and contractors, but OST is one of the most used pieces of estimating software. From an administrative side, the licensing system is a little clunky if you are hosting your own license server. This is not uncommon though.

Many useful features, Quick and accurate general estimating tools, Good support.

It takes some "use time" to get a hang of all the features and functions OST comes with.

Quinn
Quinn
Estimator/Project Manager in USA

Great for large Jobs

Kommentare: at first i did not stick to a specific process and my take-off got messy and difficult for others to understand. Once i figured out a system, I stuck to it and the results were clear. My take-offs are clean and easy to understand. My production has more than doubled and the results are better.

The organization of the take-off items is great. Easy to export the results and easy to use...once you have learned the software. As long as i stick to my workflow i created i do not have any problems.

If you get off you order of operations or workflow...it can get a bit messy. Use the layers and stick to a color scheme that fits the jobs. figure it out and be consistent with it and it will work amazing.

Bau, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Good quality and easy to use.

Most of my customers use this. Which allows me to export the OSP file and send to them to review. Easy to export and categorize areas.

Can't have multiple people log in to the software at one time to have a compiled take off. So after a project is complete with multiple people working on it. I need to compile all of the files into one OSP file.

Antwort von ConstructConnect

Thank you for your feedback. We are proud to have customers like you as part of the On Center family. If you are looking for a way to have multiple people login and compile a takeoff, you should look at Oasis Takeoff to see if it might fit you needs. Oasis Takeoff allows for "team estimating" inside the same project.

Ideas going forward

Kommentare: Support is outstanding and helpful. And learning a new system to bring into our business has been awesome for job understanding and reviewing especially back costing

I like the changeable nature of the plan take offs. I can adjust quickly and return to understanding where I was up to quickly

I believe it need to have a time measure on working on each project so it can be tracked

SR at Homeco

Kommentare: Plans colored for field operations for easier understanding

Multiple colors, and listing features.

No cut feature. The back-out feature is not as helpful as a scissors type feature

Joshua
Joshua
Application Support Engineer II in USA
Bau, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Efficient and accurate estimation made easy

Kommentare: Estimating/Bidding/Takeoff. I primarily supported the roll-out and work with support if any issues come up.

The most obvious feature of OST is the intuitive user interface. This allows for easy use by estimators and project managers as it requires little to no training to be up and running and utilizing the calculation and estimation features. Auto-count with OCR saves tons of time by automatically counting all similar objects. So a plan with 100 plus fixtures will calculate easily and seamlessly. Another feature that is incredibly useful is the overlay functionality. Allowing architects/estimators/project managers to compare plan iterations and instantly see what's changed between two specs.

I haven't experienced or heard of anyone experiencing any difficulty with OST.

Great estimating tool

Kommentare: Easy to record and keep takeoff and pass to other colleagues, if needed.

Ease of use and the ability to record and track every takeoff.

The software is a little pricy compared to competitors such as Bluebeam, but worth the extra.

Joey
Estimator in USA

Been using QB since 03 started using OST in 14, CAN NOT imagine going back to ole manual method!

In OST it is possible to become very creative in how you make conditions, it allows you to build your take-offs in a manner that makes sense to you, and you are able to constantly refine and make adjustments to the way you do things, which allows for faster take-offs. And the progression just continues. Also the tech team that comes with the subscription cannot be beat, those people are the best software fix my stuff in a heartbeat group...period paragraph no more conversation about it!!!

Sometimes the General Exceptions box pops up and when it closes it resets some of my preferences, however its very simple to readjust and be moving again.

Fady
Project Coordinator in Kanada
Bau, 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

Advanced, powerful software provides a plethora of features for construction project management.

Kommentare: This is the fastest way that I know of to complete a takeoff. Once you have a good grasp of the user interface, it becomes second nature and takeoffs can be performed by anyone.

Ability to accurately quantify count, area, volume, and more on drawings with a high degree of complexity. We use it to count washroom accessories, confirm tile flooring quantities, area of roof, and others when tendering the project. During construction, we use it to track progression and productivity rates.

Printing can be tedious / counterintuitive. Also, the software auto-saves progress, which is great unless you make a mistake...

Ben
President in USA
Bau

OCS-Software Angle Specialists

The product does well for estimating and has some glitches that you can work around if you have been running it long enough. On Center Software, However is basically working an angle that will chew you up and spit you out! Just like the other reviewer mentioned. You have to keep pouring $$$ into support. We own 3 subscriptions (2 OST and 1 QB) of this product, each subscription cost thousands. Each year you have to pay over $$$$$ for each sub subscription you own just for maintenance. But here is the best part, If you miss a year or 2 of maintenance you have to go back and back pay the years you didn't pay! (I wonder if they hired an old IRS agent as the controller?) Wow! Isn't that a great way to gain customer loyalty! Now just like the manager of the tech support told me, "If you go for a while without taking support, you will eventually have to buy new subscriptions/software, it all ends up to be the same amount of money".. Oh did I forget? If you don't buy your maintenance at the beginning of the calendar year, say 3rd quarter, better get your wallet out again for January! You think they could maybe sell you blocks of time for tech support, get creative, anything? Anything other than coming after a tradesman's pocketbook so hurtfully. I'm disgusted! Consumers, If your looking for estimating software look somewhere else. Its 2015! Everyone makes it! I'm no longer an OCS ADVOCATE!

Nothing to like about dealing with OCS. Remember it takes a long time to get a customer but imagine what it takes to get them back.

Christopher
Bau, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

The On-Center Suite is very easy to use and versatile.

Kommentare: Fast and accurate take-offs and estimates.

The take-off and estimating software is much simpler to use and faster than other software I have used. This allows me to bid more jobs while maintaining a high level of accuracy.

The shortfall of this software in my opinion is that it doesn't have a native accounting companion. Other software suites offer an accounting component built-in which is a great way to tie your whole company together. The export functions are not quite good enough to accomplish that.

Sales-Estimating in USA

OST

Kommentare: Overall, great experience. Saves a lot of time when preparing for estimates/bids.

Very is to import architectural drawings. Able to easily trace and label various components of each section. Take-off tab totals each section you are labeling. ie: LF, SF, Area.

Linking to multiple folders that contain drawings. copy and pasting various items could be easier. Organizing bids.

Jeff
Bau, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Great software

Kommentare: Able to take off content with easy and speed. Love it.

Very intuitive. Customer support is top notch. Features are helpful. Love the areas sort.

Text editing is bulky. Image legend is good but it is sorted under the group setting in what appears to be a random sort. Toggling between files and image takes too long i think (could be internal sever related).

Lindsey
Assistant Project Manager in USA

Great for Estimators

This program is great paired with on screen takeoff. The two programs can be linked together to keep track of your bids. Your materials, labor, etc. all can be tracked within this program.

There are a lot of functions in this program and it can be extremely confusing if you do not take the time to learn it properly.

Mitchell
President in USA
Bau, Selbstständig

my experience is that this helps me do a more accurate takeoff

Kommentare: It takes the place of me having to have an estimator. The support is very helpful.

the flexability of being able to copy pages and do different things that helps me be able to look at different pricing

When taking off walls I build my assemblies in notes. I would like to see this to be able to go into quick bid and my assembly be there.

Tony
Chief Estimator in USA
Bau, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

On Screen take off

Kommentare: We used it for several years until we upgraded to Oasis. Works pretty well.

I liked it, but really like the upgraded oasis version. Faster than doing take off by hand, easy to organize.

Can't have two or more people working on the same takeoff (building the same data file) at the same time.

Jay

Estimating with OST

Kommentare: Overall, my experience with OST has been great. We are able to get through take-offs quickly.

What I like most about OST is how easily one can load plans and keep track of all jobs.

What I like least about OST is that you can't modify a take-off until you remove the attachments.

ANGELA
Admin Assistant in USA

Data overload

Kommentare: I use this product because it's the product of choice within my company, however, I prefer to print the blank take off form and fill it in manually because there is just so much data on the program.

This is the software of choice by our Project Managers & Estimators it is very thorough and holds a lot of data. It gives the bottom line as well as a detailed breakdown of costs.

I feel like there is data overload with this program. It has the options to input so much data it's almost overkill. It becomes a bit overwhelming when looking through all the info and the "extra" info takes longer to perform the take off on a project.

Heather
Admin Services Manager in USA

OST Fair Product

Kommentare: Overall the program is good and is sufficient for what we need to do. However, it would be more beneficial to us once we are able to operate the software off a cloud based platform.

I like that the baseline version of the software is fairly simple to use and is a good basic takeoff software. It's nice that you can share licenses among users for those whom may not be in it consistently.

The software is not cloud based. We are limited on usage on our server due to the level in which the software is capable of connecting to our primary takeoff software. They say they will be cloud based soon.

Maria
estimator in USA

Easiest for take-offs!

I liked the ability to organize and derive quantities in different ways. One line item can yield several quantities in different units of measurement. You can also organize information by level, segment... You can also store your custom line items in a library for future use.

The program works best pulling from files saved on your C drive, but I would prefer to team to work from a centralized location, not from each individual's C drive on their computer.

Timothy S.
Owner / President in USA
Bau, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

OST - Commercial Level Estimating

The ease, accuracy and time saving elements come to mind first.

For my company and level of use, its a bit pricey.

Aditya
Civil Designer in USA
Tiefbau, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Great for Construction Contractors!

Kommentare: I have used OST for residential and commercial construction projects. It has been a great tool for general estimating. However, whenever I had projects which are very specialized, this software did not help much. for example mechanical/electrical station construction. I would highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for something to start in estimating and costing.

The ease of use for this software is one of the important features that it has. You do not need to have all the technical knowledge regarding estimating for using this. It has been great software for all kinds of estimates. I can manage my drawings, create multiple layers, and group the quantities within few clicks to get perfect quantities. It is very fast, does not require much of a space on hard drive and works perfectly!

This software does not support Building Information Modelling (BIM). You can only get the quantities from this software. It does not identify CAD files and does not have a smart algorithm to identify the elements. You have to click, drag and set everything up manually. It does not do automated quantity recognition.