Über PowerDMS

Die PowerDMS-Software ist eine ideale Möglichkeit für Risikoorganisationen, um ihre wichtigsten Inhalte zu verwalten, zu teilen und zu bestätigen.

Erfahre mehr über PowerDMS

It is very user friendly, especially for the end users.

Sometime it is a bit hard to get the workflows correct.

Bewertungen zu PowerDMS

PowerDMS hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,8 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 290 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du PowerDMS bereits verwendet?

Miyoshi B.
Miyoshi B.
Quality Assurance Officer in USA

This software has been GOD SENT as I'm able to training, testing and other activities

Kommentare: This software has been most beneficial to not only me but to the other employees as they are able to use it while during their professional and personal time.

What I like most about this software is the "GO GREEN" concept and not having to search the entire department for things. Before encouraging the company to purchase it, it was a nightmare locating employee files, training materials, records, attempting to get employees assembled in one location on one particular day for training. Investing in this software was a great decision as I'm able to better manage employee files, training materials, records, and no longer have worry about assembling employees on a particular date for training.

Currently I the pros are outweighing the cons, as right now I don't have any to share. I've used this software for 8 years now and it has worked wonders.

Erin C.
Erin C.
Administrative Division Manager in USA

My experience has been excellent thus far. Makes my job managing accreditation exponentially easier

The was document management blends seamlessly into accreditation management is a huge benefit to me. I can easily update my accreditation assessment when policies and forms are revised. The software tells you which documents are used to proof which standards, and when those documents have been revised and need to updated in the accreditation assessment.

I really don't have any negatives. The company is extremely open to customer feedback and is continually adding features that I and others have recommended. I have participated in several usability sessions with the development team. They are awesome. Their training and support teams are top notch too!

Tennie C.
Admin Asst. in USA

I like the program

The program is okay. I like that people can go in and see the documents that they have and sign for their stuff to show proof. They did look at a document.

When I go to signature and print off who sign their documents a lot of times it doesn't show that person sign for their stuff, but if I go in that person name it will show they have sign for their documents. It is weird at times

Frank D.
Counselor in USA
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Power DMS vs Sharepoint

Kommentare: To go from Sharepoint to Power DMS was like night and day. Searching for a document or policy was dreadful in the past, with Power DMS, its a breeze.

The ease in which to search and locate documents or policies is superior to other software.

The list pulled up of possible matches when searching by keyword or phrase can be ambiguous and or long.

Marisha S.
Marisha S.
Administrative Assistant in USA

PowerDMS makes my life so much easier.

Kommentare: This software is beneficial to our company by stream-lining our policy process. The turn-around time from when a policy is written, goes through an approval process, and is sent to staff to review can be as little as one day.

The software is great at keeping all of our policies, newsletters, and training organized. It's structured, but there's freedom to really customize it in a way that makes sense to each individual company. It's easy to run reports to see if everyone has signed off on a policy or test. It allows us to prepare for future accreditation surveys well in advance.

There is a bit of a learning curve. It takes some time to fully understand how everything fits together. To help with this though, a consultant comes along side you until they feel you understand it enough to be on your own. They also have a lot of resources (webinars, reading material, videos, a chat feature that you can talk with a representative, and more) to help with any questions or problems that may arise.

Lydia S.
Lydia S.
Quality System Coordinator in USA
Medizinische Geräte, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Simple to use and highly effective

Kommentare: My overall experience has been really positive and I will continue to use PowerDMS for as much as I can in my role.

PowerDMS makes housing documents and records really really simple and I no longer have to worry about losing a record or messing up a revision to a document, since it's all tracked in the system.

Sometimes I will create a user profile, but then not be able to find them when I search for them afterwards. It normally fixes itself in a few hours or a day, but I dont always have time to wait. Its just a glitch I believe.

Michael C.
Sergeant in USA

Great Product

Everything about this program is great. It can house a variety of forms and policies, help create trackable work flows for policy review, etc.

some things can be difficult to locate or navigate but the help of PowerDms University always helps and explains things

David V.
David V.
Police Accreditation Manager in USA
Fluggesellschaften/Luftfahrt, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Powerhouse software for document, training and policy management.

Kommentare: This software manages policy and accreditation files. It's used as a central location for users to access any documents or forms related to their jobs.

The search functionality makes find exactly what you need a breeze. Imagine having a google-like search of all your policies and documents.

There is a learning curve to using this software as it is very feature-rich. However, the on-boarding and training offered is great and the support team as well as the user-driven support community are second to none.

Julie R.
Julie R.
Special Projects Administrator /Accounting and Accreditation in USA
Regierungsbeziehungen, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

A powerful tool to make policy and document management a breeze

I love the ease of information dissemination and access. We literally give our employees everything right in the palm of their hands.

Initial configuration took me a bit because we didn't take advantage of document conversion (OUR mistake, not PowerDMS'). Otherwise, I have loved everything so far.

Eric W.
Eric W.
Professional Development & Evidence Sergeant in USA
Öffentliche Sicherheit, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Great for a one stop shop!

Kommentare: It has been great! The more people use it the easier it becomes for them.

Its ease of use and functionality. We have found several ways to move things on line versus using paper to complete tasks.

Sometime it is a bit hard to get the workflows correct.

Darlene D.
Strafverfolgung, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

User friendly software to save oodles of paper and time!

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: Our department is able to eliminate printing copies of every single proof for accreditation. With over 100 standards over a five year period, that's a lot of paper. We have also started using PowerDMS to house many of our training courses, and to track those courses and certificates that officers earn outside of our department, instead of printing everything for employee file folders. It is making it much easier to stay on top of things like CPR training, which expires every 2 years.

Our favorite uses for PowerDMS are as a document repository and to manage our police department accreditation. As a document repository, it has enabled us to stop printing a huge binder of polices for all new officers. They can read and acknowledge all documents within the system and are able to access them from anywhere via the web. It also streamlines the review process for any forms/general orders by allowing appropriate members of our team to review documents and pass them along within PowerDMS instead of through paper or email. For accreditation, PowerDMS obtains the full book of standards and integrates them into our system so we just have to upload proofs and connect them to each standard. There is even a way to highlight sections within each proof so the accrediting body has an easy time finding the important information in every upload. And the system works with Microsoft Word so if you want to edit a document it is a seamless operation that doesn't require you to download, update, and re-upload.

For our purposes, we really don't have many dislikes. About the only thing I can think of would be that there's no way to group proofs/attachments for a given standard within an assessment. So if your accreditation period is for five years and you need to submit multiple proofs for each standard for each year, the "attachments" section for a given standard can get pretty cluttered.

Tony K.
Inspector in USA
Strafverfolgung, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

PowerDMS - Success Waiting to Happen!

Kommentare: For our agency, we have 6 facilities across the country that operate under one police department managed out of Washington DC. It is critical that all the facility police departments operate under one method of operations and control. PowerDMS assists our agency in maintaining consistent best practices across the various geographical locations and gives us the mechanism to evaluate and substantiate each facility is operating correctly under the written directives and standards of the department. The system provides all the required standards necessary to maintain accreditation at my finger tips. This eliminates having to got to other links or even maintaining volumes of paper documents searching for specific standards. The functionality of PowerDMS is incredibly easy. Uploading and highlighting documents necessary for each standard is extremely simple and efficient. PowerDMS allow you to search for specific documents using word search and tags that you can attach to each document. For instance, if I needed to find documents pertaining to training, it is a simple matter of typing in "Training" in the search bar and all relevant documents are listed. PowerDMS has eliminated or significantly reduced, substantial amounts of administrative supplies, such as, paper, files, storage, and postage. It has significantly reduced the number of personnel hours working to maintain accreditation standards.
Overall, PowerDMS has saved the agency a lot of money in supplies and personnel costs; money that can be spent elsewhere!!

The highlighting feature would be better served if it had line item by line item or word by word, capability. It currently is some what limited to bulk highlighting. Easier access to training videos so refresher information is more readily available for adding users, setting permissions, etc. Setting permissions is always a daunting task and I usually have to call into customer support for assistance. Giving the user the ability to "backup" the data that is in the system with the ability to restore the data would give the user a little piece of mind of continuity.

Lieutenant in USA

Great web-based software to manage policies, documents, forms, and training. Free mobile app.

Kommentare: This software got us better organized, especially in the area of our policy manual. Prior to discovering PowerDMS, we used a printed policy manual for each officer. When policies were updated or added, copies had to be printed for every officer and they were responsible to remove the old policy from their manual and replace it with the new copy. Nobody every knew if they had the most current version. Same with forms as they seem to constantly change and everyone had their own electronic copy of the forms but are they using the current forms. With PowerDMS, there is only one copy of each policy / form, and it is always the most current, and the old forms are archived. PowerDMS is very user friendly and you can search by simply typing a key word. The search not only looks at the title of the document, but also searches the content of that document which is very beneficial.

PowerDMS is a very powerful program that saves time. It is easy to search for and find exactly what you are looking for. I would recommend this to any law enforcement agency looking to better manage their policy manual, forms, and track their training. We even use PowerDMS to conduct training in certain areas. They system can be set up to annually send out a reminder that training is needed in a particular area, the user can enroll at their own convenience to take the course. The testing can be scored automatically by the software and the training record logged all without an instructor having to lecture or record anything. The officers love it because they don't have to come in on their time off to take a class, and can complete it while they are on-duty, which also saves the agency in paying overtime. PowerDMS solicits input from users to further improve upon the program.

Tyler S.
Quality Associate in USA
Medizinische Geräte, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

PowerDMS is WAY more efficient than a paper based document control system.

Kommentare: Quicker and way more efficient than the "paper" document control system.

1. The efficiency. Procedures are getting approved and released quicker than our old (paper document control system). 2. Instead of guessing who's desk the paper ECR is sitting on.. now we can figure out who is slacking and still needs to approve the document by checking out the approval workflow. 3. PowerDMS is very user friendly. 4. When our Sales Reps are traveling they can use the PowerDMS Mobile App to sign off on procedures. 5. The "Review" tab in "Manage Document" comes in handy especially when you have annual procedures that need to be reviewed. 6. Since I am the training coordinator (as well as the Document Control Specialist) I love having the "Reports" option so I can figure out who has completed training/who still needs to complete. 7. In the "Revisions" tab in "Manage Document", I like how you can set a date to have the training (signatures) due by as we have a 30 day policy to complete training.

1. When a procedure is released, has all the required approvals and training is required.. associates who have to train to the document can't pull up "Compare to Current Publication." It wouldn't make sense to have that button since the new revision is current but it would be nice to have a "Compare to Last Publication" button. This way the associates would be able to see what was added/revised. I have to manually type in the "Discuss" tab what was changed and sometimes that can take a LONG time. 2. The 20 minute timeout that will log you out if you're away from your computer. I understand why this is in place (for security reasons) but I have received lots of negative feedback on this.

Cheryl H.
Training Coordinator in USA
Strafverfolgung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

PowerDMS really gets you organized!

Kommentare: The benefits gained through using PowerDMS is the ability to store all training documents in one place... no more digging through files to find requested documents. It is also easy to track who has attended training and who hasn't. PowerDMS is great for policy sign-off and being able to see who has sign-off on their policies and when for in-house and litigation purposes. Our agency also uses this system for accreditation tracking and training purposes. Another benefit is the ability to create our own online training courses for employees to complete at their convenience, freeing up time for hands-on training.

Ability to track policy sign-offs, training completion, and create reports. I also like being able to upload all of our training documents to each employees' files for ease of finding later. PowerDMS is great for creating training courses, tests & surveys.

The inability to add additional tabs for personalized purposes (such as a transfer history tab). The inability to assign rights for who can view the files tab, where we store employees' training documents. The inability for users to have a print button to print their own training certificates (options: PDF, Excel, Word and they don't look great). Currently, a supervisor can print his employees' certificate history, but not their own. The inability for supervisors to be able to enroll their employees in training. Employees must enroll themselves, which doesn't go over well with our agency.

Lori S.
Co-worker Relations in USA
Einzelhandel, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Game Changer

Kommentare: Using the PowerDMS system has made communication about policy changes so much more efficient. Now, instead of passing information through layers of management, we can connect directly with our employees. It also has allowed us to distribute documents that are unique to certain groups of employees - all with no paper filing to personnel files! This system has been very well received in our company. It gives managers and employees the ability to keep up to date & find information easily.

The user interface is simple and easy to understand; the system allows for multi-state document management (state specific policies/notices can be distributed easily); a paperless solution means no filing; it allows for easy collaboration on policy changes; and the ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC customer support!!

I wish there were clearer distinctions for document security between front line managers/admin users and policy developers. In order to run reports on whether an employee has signed a currently published version of a policy, your security also allows you the ability to see current draft versions.

Michael H.
Michael H.
Police Officer/Accreditation Officer in USA
Strafverfolgung, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Amazing Customer Service and Support Groups!

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: To be fair, the con I described only affects 1-2 people within our entire organization and shouldn't be counted as a true con as much as a pet peeve. All in all, PowerDMS is an amazing product. Our organization still hasn't used it to its fullest potential. Policy housing, Training, Archives, Public Facing Documents, etc... PowerDMS really can be used for multiple purposes!

There are many things about PowerDMS that make it a great product. It's simple and easy to use for the end users. Administrators have more of a learning curve; however, the support groups and Customer Service are fast to respond and AMAZING! PowerDMS allows users to easily search policies both on a desktop and the mobile app. It also allows administrators to quickly locate version histories and add documents/audio/video as proofs for accreditation purposes. In addition, the Training module works great in these pandemic times to allow for remote training.

Only one. The Session Timeout only allows for two options. 1) Timeout in twenty minutes of activity, or 2) Stay logged in if the window is open. There is no middle ground for PowerDMS Administrators. I can't tell you how many times my session wants to timeout as I am in the middle of loading a proof.

September T.
Strafverfolgung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

We've been a customer for 7 years and have the entire suite. This has been the best purchase for us.

Kommentare: PowerDMS is the ultimate document management system. It holds your policies (to include modifications and revisions), training records, surveys, courses, and tests. The software is user-friendly and allows myself and coworkers to manage our department's records on a daily basis.

The software is user-friendly and it's easy to manage. Our most favorite feature isn't necessarily the software, it's the customer service. If I or a coworker has questions our questions are answered promptly with a professional and polite response. We are never "rushed" along and do not feel like a number. I will also tell you in my experience that the development team actually listens and implements your department's ideas. PowerDMS is constantly improving the software features to accommodate the customer's needs and in today's world, this level of service is rare. We look forward to working with PowerDMS for many years to come.

The training module works great but we would like to see more development in this area. We would eventually like to move from the current system we are using and make PowerDMS our primary management system for training records.

Marie A.
Accreditation Manager in USA

Simplified and improved document distribution and approval, being used for training also.

Kommentare: Elimination of paper in the distribution and acknowledment of policies and training documents. Shortened time required for processes and tracks all responses in an accessible database capable of producing various reports: by policy, user, group, etc.

Records kept of all acknowledgements, policies archived, various reports available by user, group, etc. Eliminated need for duplicate manuals. The ability to access policies and work on accreditation when out of the office is a huge help in accomplishing various tasks such as loading policies and proofs. The same applies to training documents - the signature pages are great proofs for compliance with CALEA standards. I helped select set up this product in my prior position with the Schaumburg Police Department.

Some features take a longer learning curve (course creation) and the instructions often omit necessary steps required to commplete a process. Seems like the system was built from the bottom up - for example, when paging through "Tasks" in the Accreditation Module you have to move from page to page then scroll up from the bottom to stay in sequence.

Thomas P.
CALEA Accreditation Manager in USA

PowerDMS Review

Kommentare: PowerDMS has allowed us to quickly disseminate new or updated polices to our employees. No longer do we have to hand carry paper documents to individuals and obtain written receipts for them. We also have the ability to test on subject matter of individual polices thus ensuring the document is understood.

We use PowerDMS to provide the necessary documentation for our CALEA accreditation which has eliminated the need for almost 500 paper files. The product is extremely easy to use, once you have a few basics down, and has a strong search function. PowerDMS also had an Android and Apple mobile app which allows users to access the product from their mobile devices.

While not really a drawback, I would like to see the search function to be more “Google like” utilizing functions like quotes around keywords to force an exact match. This would reduce the number of false positives and speed up searches. It would also be helpful to see increased functionally in highlighting. The implementation of layers in highlighting and the ability to highlight from a particular point in a sentence would be great improvements.

Scott R.
Training Supervisor / Accreditation Manager in USA
Strafverfolgung, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Streamling and Enhancing Your Filing System

Kommentare: Power DMS was initially purchased to manage our police deparment's rules and regulations, policies and procedures, standing orders, etc. However, our department has expanded our data base to help staff in the field to perform their job with greater easy. Maps and floor plans of local businesses were uploaded to the system for officers to have immediate review. Street listings, training documents, regional broadcasts, and other documents are easily assessable with the Power DMS system. As the training supervisor and accreditation manager, lesson plans and training records are uploaded as well as equipment inspections and maintenance logs. These documents are so valuable for the accreditation process. Power DMS has become a neccessary need for this accreditation manager.

The product is easy to access, user friendly, and flexible.

I have experienced the system working very slow in the late evening hours. I assume that Power DMS is working or changing the software system to account for the lag. Overall, the software system does work efficiently most of the time.

Kevin R.
Sergeant, Training and Standards in USA
Strafverfolgung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

PowerDMS is a Document Managers best friend!

Kommentare: The Novi Police Department began using PowerDMS in July of 2014 to help us through our accreditation process with CALEA. Since that time, we have experienced several benefits from the system, including having all of our agency policies, forms and documents in an electronic format for all agency employees. The reporting tool in PowerDMS allows us to hold our employees accountable for the policies that they acknowledge. We have also incorporated PowerDMS into our training program, tracking all of our agency training and being able to run reports of the amount and type of training each officer has attended. This helps cut down on civil liability claims of deliberate indifference as we can prove there has been no failure to train in our organization. We also create courses in PowerDMS to move some mandatory training which does not need to be instructor led into a blended learning environment, thus saving valuable training time for more practical exercises.

Very user friendly and allows us to make a lot of our document management paper-free!

Nothing

Luana W.
Support Service Sergeant in USA
Strafverfolgung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Couldn't do my job without PowerDMS

Kommentare: I am the only person managing CALEA accreditation, training and policy release. Without the tools and functionality of PowerDMS there is no way I could do my job without assistance. We even use the tests for new employees and some of our job promotions. The archive features have allowed me to assist internal affairs with documentation of when a particular version of policy was signed off by the employee. Alerts are also critical to keep the employees aware of when items are needing there attention. The report function is easy to use and makes communicating with supervisors on items their employees may not have completed by the deadline. I have used the program for years and have seen wonderful progress as the program features advance and grow. Again, I can't emphasis enough that I could not do my job without more people if I did not have PowerDMS!

Multiple functions covering all the aspects and components needed to manage accreditation.

Doesn't have a rolling due date window for when new employees start. They start have over 100 overdue documents.

Jason A.
Lieutenant in USA
Strafverfolgung, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Great system for policy management, workflows, and training documentation

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: We have been using the programs for quite some time. This is really been a game changer for our department and ensures that we get timely information to all of our employees.

Easy to use and manage. This is a much needed program to manage policies, reference manuals, and important documents.

Mobile version needs improvement. I also wish the program would speak with Google calendar so that sign ups would transfer over.

Cody H.
Administrative Assistant in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

PowerDMS has streamlined our entire policy and procedure process.

Kommentare: The single biggest benefit is that all of our policies are in a centralized location. No more paper binders, and no more having to track down every old copy when a revision needs to be made.

All of the program features are very easy to use. The best thing I can say about DMS is that it works exactly the way you would expect it to. The features are all very straightforward. Honestly, most experienced computer users don't require any specialized training in DMS. Even our directors who are less tech savvy catch on with DMS fairly quickly.

The only complaint I have heard routinely from my directors is that the file size limits can make it difficult to utilize DMS for training since videos, and even some PowerPoint presentations are too large to upload. They can be hosted in a different location and linked to the trainings in DMS, but this adds complications. The more complicated a training is, the less likely our employees are to complete it.