Über Kaltura Video Platform

Kaltura bietet Live- und On-Demand-Video-SaaS-Lösungen für Tausende von Unternehmen auf der ganzen Welt.

Erfahre mehr über Kaltura Video Platform

Produktbewertung

Produktbewertung

Nutzung

Haben Sie Kaltura Video Platform bereits verwendet?

Teile deine Erfahrungen mit anderen Softwarekäufern.

Terran G.
Terran G.
Graduate Research Assistant in USA
Forschung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Awesome features for screen captures

Kommentare: I like what the software does, it just seems to be slow when posting videos.

I like all the features that come with the screen capture capabilities. It allows recording from multiple different cameras and can even let you jump through the video when the lecture slide has changed.

It takes forever to upload once the recording has finished. I'm not sure what kind of processing has to take place here, but I often can't access videos for hours after the recording has finished.

Jason H.
Manager of Academic Enterprise Systems in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Kaltura - Great Experience for the End User - Horrible Experience for a Systems Admin

Kommentare: Kaltura is a valuable tool that integrates wonderfully with Canvas LMS. We have it set up for Teachers and Students to upload and publish videos. Kaltura has also launched In-Video Quizzing, so students watch a portion of a video, and then are prompted to answer a quiz question before they're able to continue watching. This interaction is awesome. Kaltura's customer service, however, is horrendous! Out of all of the technologies I manage for Utah Valley University, Kaltura is by far the worst at responding to emails and fulfilling customer requests. For example, I sent an email to their customer support account and cc'd our customer success manager and technical rep over a month ago, using the instructions provided on their site, and have yet to receive any response. Also, the Kaltura Management Console (KMC) is all Flash based. It's 2016. Seriously. Update the KMC.

Great product for end users, especially the integration with Canvas LMS.

Customer Support is the absolute worst. And the KMC is Flash based.

Amber K.
Administrative Specialist in USA
Hochschulbildung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kaltura Review

5 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: Overall, Kaltura is a wonderful product that is essential to our learning environment.

What I like most about this software is that even though some things may record that you don't want to, you are able to cut out anything that you do not want within the video.

It can be difficult to reach Customer Support at times.

Alexandra S.
PhD Candidate in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Kaltura is the worst product I have ever used

Kommentare: My overall experience with Kaltura has been horrible. I will never use it again.

I will never use Kaltura again, this is my 6th try using the software and I find it impossible.

Kaltura needs some sort of software update to improve functionality, it is probably the most clunky software I have ever used. Examples of issues I have had with Kaltura include: recording lectures for a class - as I am recording a lecture the software will just quit. When I try to reopen the software to see if the recording saved it will not re-open. It unexpectedly quits regularly. I also has an issue with editing videos. This software and its integration into Canvas is beyond slow to the point of not functional.

Gaurav J.
Assistant Consultant in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Record your meetings with Kaltura Capture space recorder

Kommentare: easy to record the meetings for future reference and has inbuilt feature to pause/start and upload the recording to the enterprise servers

Very easy desktop application. 1 click recording of meetings with audio and video and screen recording. Clarity is best and can be directly uploaded to the server from the application itself

Desktop application is little bit heavy so you need a good configuration machine in order to use it or else you want be able to use your machine properly as it will slow down the machine

vor 4 Monaten

Thank you so much for the positive review, Gaurav! We love to read how customers enjoy our solutions. Regarding the speed of your system, I recommend you contact our help desk to give us more details and discuss the specifics of your issue. Maybe together we can find a solution. Again, thank you for awarding us 5 stars across the board. All the best! The Kaltura team

Marketing Director in USA
Hochschulbildung, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Full-featured and well integrated at my school

Kommentare: Kaltura has been very easy to work with as a faculty member and gives students a good viewing experience.

Kaltura had integrated with the rest of the university's technology in such a way that it is extremely easy for me to use and highly useful for me and my students. Every one of my classes is automatically recorded and stored in Canvas so my students have access to every recording without even knowing that they are using Kaltura. I have experimented with the desktop screen recording solutions for my virtual classes and it works pretty well. It doesn't have all the features of a dedicated screen recording app, but it does record the screen and camera separately and lets the students choose which to watch after the fact, which is pretty cool.

On the desktop screen recording tool for Mac, I can select a portion of the screen, but I can't have it record just one window, which I would really like to be able to do.

vor 8 Monaten

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. It's always a pleasure to read about our customers enjoying our products. Improving the teaching/learning experience in a convenient way is our top priority and your feedback reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. We took note of your suggestion about window selection and sent it to the team for review. Thanks for that.

Sidney S.
Student in USA

Love Kaltura for Online Classes

Kommentare: Overall, Kaltura is a great program for online classes that require students to submit recorded speeches/videos.

Kaltura makes uploading and embedding media easy! I used the platform various times to record and upload/embed videos for speech classes and it was relatively easy to use each time.

Although Kaltura is easy to use and navigate, I had issues embedding videos. The speeches often took long to upload/embed and sometimes were delayed before being available to view.

vor 6 Monaten

Thank you so much for the positive review, Sidney! We share these reviews internally because we know our people work hard to perfect our solutions and it's always satisfying to see our efforts pay off. Of course, we also gladly take constructive criticism to help us improve our products, so thank you for that, too. All the best! The Kaltura team

Instructional Designer in Indien
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

A modern video player for making business efficient and engaging!

Kommentare: It is easy to use and allows high quality video to be embedded on-the-go. This is an added advantage for companies who want to onboard video services in their business plan.

1) Clean and simple user interface 2) Automated captioning 3) Integration with third-party players 5) Doesn't crash and has a consistent performance

1) No downloadable video files 2) Support team should be more agile to answer user queries 3) The published video link that a lot of time to generate

vor 6 Monaten

Thank you very much for your review. Customer feedback is a crucial channel for us to improve our products and services. We enjoy reading the pros and create action points around the cons. We hope the Kaltura Video Platform will continue to move your business forward for the years to come. Thanks again, The Kaltura team

CEO in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, Selbstständig

Easy to use video production and sharing

Not sure if I would have selected this, it was part of the suite of programs available at the time, but was pleasantly surprised. The program was easy to use with a minimal learning curve, produced fine quality videos (even with a laptop webcam), and walked you through sharing.

Took some effort to learn; find the video tutorials and that helps.

Rahul S.
Rahul S.
Software Developer in USA
11-50 Mitarbeiter

Video hosting with Kaltura

Open source video platform provider. Another solution to host videos like Youtube, Vimeo. Easy interface.

Katura lacks in providing a good customer support. To play Kaltura videos you need have Flash on your system.

Valamere M.
Instructional Technology Assistant in USA
Hochschulbildung, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Enhance Your Online Classroom Experience with Kaltura

Kommentare: This tool has been useful in providing an easy to use interface to record live sessions, welcome announcements, discussion posts, and provide media enhanced student feedback.

I love the convenience of Kaltura Video Platform because it is built into my university's learning management system (Blackboard), which does not require downloading any external tools. I like the functionalities of video with screen share capture, audio and webcam recording within an easy to use platform. Also, this platform allows you to upload and store media into your repository to later use across any of your online courses.

I have experienced technical issues while using the video capture appliance (Personal Capture). For example, after recording, the media library pops up and then my screen would freeze for a length of time. I would switch browsers and enable Adobe Flash, but was unsuccessful. So, I often use a different recording device and use Kaltura Video Platform to upload, edit, and store my media.

Nancy D.
Compliance Officer in USA

Great for making presentations

Kommentare: free

Allows for ease when organizing and developing a prenarrated presentation. Lets you upload images and take screenshots.

Short recording time so you have to make sure your narrations are well organized ahead of time and the initial software download takes a while.

Louis M.
Professor in USA
E-Learning, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

We ran a trial of Kaltura to see how it would perform in classroom use

Kommentare: Ease of use, good video quality, and more participation from my students watching the films for class.

I loved the ease of use compared to the old system we used that required login, the proper Java files, and a lot of patience. The video quality was excellent and the ability to set up pages in Canvas was a plus

I didn't not like anything about Kaltura. Our college decided to go with Ilos, and I never could figure out why. I liked them the same, and didn't find any problems with Kaltura.

Debby F.
Teacher in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Great platform to post videos.

I loved the level of professionalism. Streaming was fast with no glitches. I got my work done quickly thanks to their excellent streaming quality.

Since I am on the user side of the software, I can't really think of negative things, except when I once had a problem and their customer service department weren't quick to respond.

Alex M.
Alex M.
Educator Community Operations Manager in USA
E-Learning, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kaltura Video helped me use my school's LMS more efficiently

Kommentare: learning needs have been met, and that's always great!

I loved being able to upload videos to my school's LMS using Kaltura

Clunky design in certain areas made it counter intuitive

Marshall M.
USA

Working with Kaltura

Kommentare: Kaltura is a good option for companies looking to host videos but is not comfortable using Vimeo or YouTube. Kaltura gives control of many aspects important to hosting videos. The web interface and upload process are straightforward and easy to implement into any organization.

Melissa S.
Educator in USA
Hochschulbildung, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Kaltura

It's a free way to get my video uploaded to a website or classroom platform.

The functionality for saving video and then uploading it to an outside source was a little confusing at first. The tutorial showed buttons and functions that were not available on the version I was working with so the tutorial was frustrating at times.

Breanna P.
Student in Kanada
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kaltura Capture is user friendly, but lacks editing capabilities

Easy to capture screen and audio, also fairly easy to upload to Kaltura.

If launched from browser, it can be laggy. In addition, I am not personally fond of the lack of editing tools available - options to add multiple clips together would be useful.

Brian B.
Founder & President in USA
E-Learning, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Easy to use video creator

Kommentare: Easy to setup and use, helpful video tutorials, ability for users to changes playback modes with videos with slide presentations and webcam lectures.

Excellent tool for educators who need to create videos for online students. The ability to record both a PowerPoint presentation and webcam on the same screen is awesome. The option for each student to change the playback function is very helpful to their individual learning style.

Could be competitively priced as some other video creation products which offer a free version or a longer trial period. However, the education discount is nice.

Valerie D.
E-Learning
Dale W.
Dale W.
Independent Contractor in USA
Konsumgüter, Selbstständig

Kaltura can be Kalulating

Kommentare: It was frustrating but took a learning curve to finally figure it out. Upload is slow in my opinion.

The ability to record a PowerPoint presentation and have another screen with three options for actual presentation.

The technology adaptability was murder. Could not resolve some issues for the camera yet no way to figure it out.

David W.
E-Learning, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter
Graduate Research Assistant in USA
Hochschulbildung, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Great for professors

Great to use for capturing and posting lectures

Takes a lot of trial and error to learn how to use effectively