Made the switch

Bewertet am 20.8.2019
Jodi D.
Event Manager
Restaurants, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We made the switch from Caterease to Better Cater about 2 1/2 years ago. The system was easy to learn and use. It is great- I can sign on from any computer or phone and access all of my accounts. They are great to work with for any questions you may have. They are constantly implementing updates for ease of use. We are happy with Better Cater- the yearly fee is much more realistic then the larger companies out there who offer the same or less.

Vorteile: Ease of use and mobile ability. Cost effective

Nachteile: The only con I have about Better Cater is that I would like to be able to move around the (change the order) of the Event Menus.

This site stands for its name "Better Cater"

Bewertet am 5.6.2019
Sullivan O.
Catering Manager
Restaurants, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: To make this short I will say this way, Better Cater is my main tool to communicate customer with the kitchen staff, and it does it smoothly.

Vorteile: As a daily user of this software, I can surely say I like the fact of how easy is to organize and communicate with customers. Also, it gives the chance for customizing orders for the kitchen and invoices for the customers.

Nachteile: There is not an app. Yikes! I would love to have this thing on my phone also or at least the website to be mobile friendly.
I would love to have Better Cater with me everywhere I go

Responsive and flexible

Bewertet am 22.5.2019
Restaurants, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: This package encompassed all of our needs without being as bulky and expensive as competitors. Better Cater's support staff have always listened and made quick modifications to better suit our needs.

Nachteile: The software will log me out even if one of my staff just checks our availability or schedule on another platform. Maybe the user count should be based upon on ability to modify.

Great Program, easy to use

Bewertet am 28.5.2019
Mary M.
F & B Manager
Restaurants, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: This program has been so valuable for our busy golf course along with many small and large catering events that we do. It has been so helpful in staying organized and sending emails back and forth with clients along with the invoices is incredibly easy.

Nachteile: I am not sure there is anything that I am not happy with about this software, it has taken care of all our needs.

Good service

Bewertet am 31.1.2017
Carol H.
Konsumgüter, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I like better cater. It has helped me streamline my business and really give it the total professional look. I like that I can access it from anywhere, whether I am out shopping to putting together a bid for a client on the spot - its very convenient. There have been some issues though with the delivery of my proposals - their software if often sensed as spam and I have had NUMEROUS instances where my bids are not being received in a timely manner. This has been a detriment to me. I also wish I could get it to be synced with my quick books, which would make bookkeeping much easier and faster.

Vorteile: It is easy to use

Nachteile: cant sync with quickbooks

Better than the others

Bewertet am 31.7.2019
Tim M.
Controller
Restaurants, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Been using it for three years and we do a ton of catering and special events. It works great for us! Don't spend a ton of cash on others when better cater is a great option and cost effective

Vorteile: Ease of use and simplicity for smaller companies that don't need something as intense as caterease.

Nachteile: I wish there was a mobile app and a better way to sync the calendar

Took our catering business to the next level.

Bewertet am 7.2.2018
Joshua B.

Vorteile: Great way to organize our job calendar. Works great to organize and categorize all of our menu options, customers and invoices.

Nachteile: Invoices are professional looking but it would be nice to customize the look more. It would also be nice to have an app to quickly check the calendar without have to log in on a mobile browser.

Catering Software Review

Bewertet am 22.5.2019
Dawn W.
Owner/Chef
Essen & Trinken, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Everything has been easier, less time consuming with Better Cater, I did purchase caterese it was not easy to use.

Vorteile: Ease of use, ease customer support, menus and lists are available at your finger tips

Nachteile: Would like Kitchen Report to include beverages or notes rentals should be a check off list instead of trying to remember everything.

I have had a wonderful experience with BC. I have been with them for over a year and I love them.

Bewertet am 13.11.2017
Yolanda B.
Essen & Trinken, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Central location for my clients information, Recipes, Quotes and product database

Vorteile: Easy to use, professional quotes and the ability to add attachments and store all of my clients in one place. I can also look back on past orders which make it easy when a client requests a duplicate order.

Nachteile: I wish they had suggestions on measurements in the recipe sections and the ability for clients to respond directly into the program instead of a separate email.

Good product, easy to use!

Bewertet am 20.8.2019
Shahen M.
Essen & Trinken, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: It's very streamlined and easy to use. Very user friendly.

Nachteile: I would like the option to change the status of multiple events at the same time. I don't like that I have to sit and do it one by one. Very time consuming.

Efficiency

Bewertet am 7.8.2019
Beth B.
Managing Director
Eventservice, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: This program is so easy to use and very explainable to customers. I really like the way it is broken down into sections for their review.

Nachteile: There isn't anything that I don't like. I like the software

Organized my daily routine

Bewertet am 2.8.2019
Lauren S.
General Manager
Restaurants, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Better cater has benefited our business in multiple ways.

Vorteile: Better Cater has helped organize my daily routine and my ordering for my restaurant. It’s streamed line my daily, weekly, and monthly procedures.

Nachteile: Better cater takes time to set up, but once you have it set up initially it’s not hard to edit

It seemed great at first, but lack of customization and flexibility is frustrating.

Bewertet am 23.5.2018
Sirota H.
Owner/Chef/Operator

Vorteile: Very easy to set up and get started on it. Had cancelled Caterease as it was too clunky and difficult by comparison. I like being able to message a question and get a quick reply if the hours are right.

Nachteile: NO CUSTOMIZATION AT ALL. I have been asking for the ability to make event specific modifications to menu items for a while but have not seen any updates. Report generating is very lackluster - Kitchen Report doesn't include beverages or notes (BTW - Customer Support told me I can print beverages on the shopping list. Thanks, but we make out lemonade from scratch). I don't like the rental interface as I have to remember everything to include vs. looking off a list and checking a box, etc. I miss a lot of items this way. You can't apply a percentage discount... why? Makes no sense. These all seem like relatively simple fixes but when asked customer support, they tell me it will be discussed with the development team. Every time I notice an issue like the ones listed (there are many others), I mention it to customer support and get the same canned response. When I asked if they are working on any of the issues I have been bringing up, this was the reply: "those features have been mentioned to our development team but we develop features based on what most customers need and I can't guarantee those features will be chosen by our development team." I don't think anything I have asked about is out of line.

Better Cater - The best software system for growing catering operations, hands down!

Bewertet am 5.4.2015
Chad G.
Owner/Founder

Kommentare: The user friendliness of Better Cater is amazing! I was able to prepare professional proposals in minutes vs hours from my previous in house process, on the first day I started using Better Cater. This in turn allowed me to generate more business with less effort and time. My business was just myself and my assistant and now we have a staff of 20 including an Executive Chef, Special Events Manager and Business Manager. As a matter of fact, Dash and a Handful Catering is running so smoothly, I just bought a restaurant! Also, I can not say enough about the tech support. As I starting using Better Cater, I found I had a need for certain information to further streamline my business and gather information. I would pose my need to the support team and they were amazing! They would literally go to work and generate another report that offered me the information I requested. Better Cater listens to the needs of their clients and reacts! I would recommend their software system to any catering operation, from a startup to an existing operation looking to streamline the proposal and reporting process. Thanks Better Cater Team!

It Just... Doesn't Meet Expectations

Bewertet am 23.3.2018
Kevin H.
2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I like that I got the experience of using another catering software on my way to whichever one I finally end up with. The costing of menu items if you add each ingredient is pretty good. The ingredient listing is good. The calendar tool is pretty good.

Nachteile: Customer service and is just not really great. They aren't available when you need them, and will surely send you an email, hopefully by the next day.
Managing menu packages is terrible. The whole beverage section and the way you enter your beverages is just way out in left field. Tied in with the last two sentences: the beverage packages management is also terrible. The invoice is blocky and you can't customize the look of it, it just looks like a packing list. There is no customer facing side, so customers must be emailed all invoices and BEOs separately. The contract tool is useless. Miscellaneous charges are set charges, and have no option for changing, say, a delivery charge based on miles, or a set up charge for more than 100 people and less than 100.
There is no app?!?! WOW. It is 2018 and they don't have an app! For what I pay per month, they need to be a lot better than they are.

good

Bewertet am 7.5.2018
Lauren R.
nurse

Vorteile: It is very basic and fairly easy to use. My clients have asked for an app so that would be a bonus if there were one.

Nachteile: The customer service could step up their game. They aren't readily available when we have needed them.

Interesting and easy to use software

Bewertet am 14.11.2017
Gideon A.
Systems Administrator
2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It's currently up to my expectations as to the people I recommended for.

Vorteile: This software never disgraced me anyway. It's really good and performs just as my business activities is expected to. I love it.

Better Cater is great.

Bewertet am 3.6.2015
Ian G.

Kommentare: I use Better Cater to track all my invoices, catering schedule and customer payments. It has all the functions I need and its easy to use. I love that it is web based so that I can check our schedule on my computer or my phone so that I can respond to my clients from anywhere. Best of all it does not have the extra functions that are really not necessary. We send out hundreds of catering quotes each month and Better Cater tracks everything exactly the way I want it. I highly recommend this service.

Willing to listen

Bewertet am 7.4.2015
Mike D.
Proprietor

Kommentare: We have been using Better Cater for a little over a year now in a bar/restaurant that is open to the public and also host events from just a handful of people to groups of 300 and are thoroughly satisfied. We have asked the support staff to make some changes to better fit our needs and while they haven't implemented all of our request they have always been willing to listen and have added several changes that have made the product much easier to use in our environment.

Really great catering software

Bewertet am 19.5.2019
Alonso A.
Restaurants, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: An efficient solution for your catering bussiness

Vorteile: Easy to use with excelent reports for all you have to take in account in preparing your cateting events

Nachteile: So far we dont have any complains about the tool

Very Easy to use. A real time saver!!

Bewertet am 5.5.2015
Judith E.
Owner/ operator

Kommentare: This software product has freed up so much time. It allows me to quickly search past orders, communicate more intelligently, and look more professional. I encourage anyone looking for a catering tool to try this software. The staff is very responsive to any questions as well as helpful. You'll love it!!

Great service

Bewertet am 20.4.2016
Carol H.

Kommentare: I love this service! I use it all the time! It has made my business much easier. The most difficult part was entering all of my recipes in the database, but now that they are in, bidding is a snap! It all looks very professional and is easy to understand.

Better Cater, help me build my business!!

Bewertet am 5.4.2015
Fabio C.

Kommentare: A great cloudbase software we have been customers for the past four years
It will save you tons of time putting a proposal together only take a few minutes... Steve Franco and his team are always there for you... I couldn't imagine my business without Better Cater!

Fantastic for off site caterings as well as events at our Club!

Bewertet am 30.11.2015
Catherine B.

Kommentare: This software has made my life SO much easier. Ot keeps track of all the important details so you can go back and see what you did before with repeat customers. You can access the software on your phone or tablet too!
Buy it now! You won't be sorry.

Software changed my life

Bewertet am 17.4.2016
Tiffaney C.

Kommentare: This software changed the way I do busy especially allowing me to focus on more important details for my company. The software is simple and the easy to use and helps our company standout and close business faster.