When I Work

When I Work Bewertungen

von When I Work

Great software for teams of all sizes

Bewertet am 25.7.2019
Trish C.
Senior Receptionist and Lead Trainer
Tierarzt, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I've been using this software for 5 years, first as an employee then as an employer. Ease of use for both parties is fantastic and it's well worth paying for to save the time. When I change places of business, if I have a choice, I will choose When I Work again and again.

Vorteile: - Shift templates, makes scheduling a lot easier
- The ability to copy and paste any shift, even faster than clicking and choosing
- Simple to add and remove employees
- App is fairly easy to use
- Time clock is awesome, easy to use

Nachteile: - Looking at the full staff schedule on a particular day can be tedious.
- For those making schedules, it's so much easier to do on a computer
- In order to have a printed schedule, it downloads the PDF which you then have to print. I wish this printed right off the website.

von When I Work an 29.7.2019

Hi Trish,

Thank you for taking the time to review When I Work, and your feedback is appreciated! We are always looking for ways to make improvements and appreciate users like you that provide feedback so we can enhance and improve When I Work!

Amanda

review of when I work

Bewertet am 20.12.2019
Taylor J.
asst Programs director
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: it has helped make sending out the schedule easier, as well has helped keep track of previous schedules. it has also made our timesheets easier being all on a phone or a computer. all in all its pretty good, but I do wish it ran a little smother, and did not have so many glitches.

Vorteile: it helps put the schedule and timesheets all in one software, it will send out the schedule to all of the employees with one click, it can be used from a phone

Nachteile: It seems to have a fair amount of glitches, I have had it delete full schedules, autocorrect times to something completely different, and it jumble around shifts. I also think it is pretty pricey per employee on it.

von When I Work an 23.12.2019

Hi Taylor,

Katie here with Customer Care at When I Work. Thanks for taking the time to leave a review and provide feedback - we really appreciate it!

We are happy to see the app has been beneficial in keeping track of your schedules and timesheets all in one place - it definitely is a convenient feature!

Sorry that you have experienced some glitches with the app. We would be happy to assist with these to make sure they don't continue to occur. If you could send an email to support@wheniwork.com with the details of what you are experiencing, we would be happy to further assist.

Thanks again for taking the time to provide feedback. Have a great rest of your day!

Katie

Best so far

Bewertet am 24.1.2020
Maria N.
Essen & Trinken, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: This app is saving a lot of time in terms of scheduling for managers and really helpful for employees as well in terms of switching shifts or internal communication.

Vorteile: In terms of scheduling this is the best app, easy to see requests off or vacations, easy to set-up reminders, the shifts can be dropped and picked up with just a click away, easy to create schedule base on the sale, easy for employee chat or contact information.

Nachteile: I'll love for this system to be able to integrate with Payroll, but that's the only big downside. The second one is that for cross-trained employees (working several positions/roles) is not allowing the pre-set shift scheduling until you change the role that was initially assigned.

von When I Work an 24.1.2020

Hi Maria! Thank you for utilizing When I Work and for reviewing our application. We love hearing your praise for When I Work.

Takes the work out of scheduling

Bewertet am 18.11.2019
Sarah C.
Senior Hospitality and Marketing Manager
Wein und Spirituosen, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We have been incredibly happy with the program. We went from spending 8-10 hours scheduling each month to 1-2

Vorteile: It is incredibly easy for both the employee to enter their availability and the manager to appropriately schedule. We love that we cant schedule somebody if they mark themselves unavailable, avoids confusion and holds the employee accountable

Nachteile: The inability to attach files to an email

von When I Work an 23.11.2019

Hi Sarah,

Anna here from When I Work Customer Care. Thank you for taking a minute to leave us a review! I definitely understand how the ability to attach a file to a group email could improve When I Work. We have just released a new feature called Document Storage that your team may be interested in. I've linked an article that outlines the feature below.

Thanks again for leaving us a review. We're happy to hear that When I Work is saving you time and preventing confusion. If you have any questions or concerns, please let us know at https://help.wheniwork.com/submit-a-ticket/.

Have a great day,
Anna

A good option for timecards and schedule.

Bewertet am 31.8.2017
Ellen K.
Einzelhandel, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Initially it was a good solution for employee scheduling. We added the time clock after about 8 months and it has served its purpose. It allowed us to not use a google doc to schedule employees. It is a a good scheduler but not as great of a time clock.

Vorteile: My employees can use the app to get alerts and check their schedules. Employees can swap shifts with my approval. The time card is integrated into the schedule app. It is somewhat easy to use. We have used this software for about 2 years. When we first started with them there were not a lot of options out there. And it served its purpose. Our employees seem to like using it.

Nachteile: There are several cons. I think the price is too high for what you get. Trying to process the time cards is very cumbersome and not very easy to understand. We run 24 hours a day and this software is not well suited to a 24 hour clock. Overall I spend too much time trying to understand how to use the time clock - punch in/out- and it is really frustrating. Also- their customer support is really pretty horrible. There is not a way to call someone and you have to submit an email to support and it can take them a bit to get back to you. Issues with time cards are things you want an answer for right away and they do not offer a quick response. Also- you really have to use a desk top to process the time cards and it does not function so well with google chrome- I think safari works better- but I prefer to use chrome. There are glitches with it that are just frustrating.

von When I Work an 5.9.2017

Hi Ellen!

Thanks for writing us a review! We appreciate the feedback you provided to us. I am happy to hear that you are finding the scheduler helpful. I am, however, bummed to hear that you have had difficulty contacting our support teams. You always have access to live chat within your account, simply by clicking on the chat bubble within the green toolbar. If additional training on the Attendance tool is something you would like, please just let our support teams know and we would be more than happy to provide you with that.

We strive to provide the highest level of support to our customers and we hope that we can meet your expectations moving forward.

Have a great day!

When I Work User

Bewertet am 12.2.2020
Christopher H.
Wine Enthusiast
Essen & Trinken, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: The When I Work software is great at keeping track of my work schedule. On the Dashboard, it notifies me of my next upcoming shift, the date, and the time. It tells at which location I am working and what my position will be. It also tells what coworkers that I am working with during that shift. I can go into the schedule tab of the software and see what days during the week I am working. The software will also tally up my total hours that I will work per week. This is helpful because it allows me to see who is working and who is not so I can get a shift covered. The software also allows me to put in requests in advance of dates that I want to request off.

Nachteile: The availability scheduling feature takes some time to learn how to navigate. It is somewhat difficult to fully schedule availability. If you make a mistake and accidentally alter the availability for one day you have to go back to that day and fix it before adjusting your availability.

von When I Work an 14.2.2020

Hi Christopher,

Thank you so much for the detailed feedback. I am glad When I Work helps you keep track of your shifts, the shifts of your coworkers, and helps with getting the time off you need!

If you have any questions about Availability Preferences please submit a ticket, we are happy to assist!

When I Work makes our work life easier

Bewertet am 19.11.2019
Anna C.
Director of Operations
Unterhaltung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It is such an extensive system. It not only schedules and makes it easy to reschedule, but alerts employees to their shifts. We love everything about WIW.

Vorteile: I love When I Work! I did the scheduling for the past 4 years and recently passed it over to someone else. They had no problem picking it up easily. It does so much if you spend a little bit of time with it.

Nachteile: Nothing, it literally does everything that we need it to do and more. I nor my employees have never had any issues.

von When I Work an 23.11.2019

Hi Anna,

Anna here from When I Work Customer Care. Thanks for taking some time to write up a review for us! Hearing that When I Work is easy to use and saves time is great - that's our goal! We also love to hear that the system helps alert employees and makes knowing their schedule easier. These are the problems that our team set out to solve when the company was started!

If your team has any questions at all, we're available at https://help.wheniwork.com/submit-a-ticket/ to help! Thanks again.

Anna

When I Work Trial Review

Bewertet am 22.11.2019
Ray M.
Director of Human Resources
Quelle: GetApp

Kommentare: Best bang for your buck for schedule software I have found. Way more affordable than Humanity and has all the same features.

Vorteile: I loved the easy to use format. It was quick, simple and had all the features needed to run a mixed fleet of self-employed couriers with a warehouse full of employees as well. It is a nimble system. The cost is also very reasonable.

Nachteile: The only con for us was that due to our customer service we have very custom needs for our app integration and the development decision to go with Ceridian was due to its all-in-one nature. When I work is an excellent stand-alone product, but is not an all-in-one system that also does HRIS, Benefits admin and Payroll.

von When I Work an 6.12.2019

Hi Ray,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for us about your experience using When I Work. We're glad to hear that you found the app easy to use, and that our features met a number of your needs. I'm sorry to hear that we weren't able to do everything you needed, but we really appreciate you sharing your feedback with us!

Briana

When I Work Review

Bewertet am 19.11.2019
Sadie R.
Assistant Director, MIS Career Management
Hochschulbildung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I used this previously in my job for scheduling student employees. We had all of our students put in their schedules into the software and then it was easy for the full-time employees to see when students were working so that they could help out with projects or schedule meetings! It made calendaring and scheduling very efficient!

Vorteile: I like that When I Work is very easy to use and you can implement it very quickly! There is no prior training needed and it quickly shows you information about your staff schedules, which makes organization and planning easier.

Nachteile: There is nothing negative about the software! It is very easy to use and anyone could use it. The technology is simple and the user interface is great.

von When I Work an 6.12.2019

Hi Sadie,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for us! We're glad to hear that you've enjoyed using When I Work. It's especially great to hear that you and your staff have found it easy to use minimal training. Thank you again for sharing your feedback with us.

Briana

Software helps save our managers a lot of time. Support leaves a lot to be desired

Bewertet am 4.2.2020
Nick S.
VP & Co-Owner
Einzelhandel, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: The scheduling part is awesome. It allows us to communicate easily with our staff and get schedules out to everyone via the app.

Nachteile: The time keeping part isn't always great. It's not always designed to work with our time period that ends at 7AM on Monday. It often puts time off requests on the previous pay period. Their support is lousy at best. They only have chat support, no phone support. When I contact them about a bug in the software, the response always is "OK, we'll work on it". That is not acceptable when the bug affects Payroll. They need to fix it quicker or implement a work around. Just this morning now the software is completely down and I have no way to contact anyone, because their help site is down also, so can't contact them via chat.

von When I Work an 9.2.2020

Hello Nick. Thank you for your feedback. We're always looking to hear from our users about their experiences and review feedback to inform our decisions in the future. The Customer Care team is not in control of development or bug fixes. They are the front line team that follows specific processes to test and inform the development team. There was an outage on the 4th. We apologize for any inconvenience this caused you.

When I Work Keeps Us Working

Bewertet am 6.8.2019
Jonathan H.
Labor Coordinator
Eventservice, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: WIW is extremely helpful to us at our company because we spend the majority of our day scheduling employees for various events that we run every week. Creating a schedule and assigning employees to it is super simple, as well as keeping a database and logging hours for our employees on site. It's all very user friendly and easy to use/look at. Their customer service team is always there to help and are super friendly. We have had many people who have been added to this platform, and have had no problem learning how to use it. It has been really great for us and helps us run smoothly. They have also been actively engaged with us to help us find solutions to the improvements we have requested.

Vorteile: When I Work is a great product that our company loves to use. We love how easy it is to create a schedule and assign employees, and all of the features are very easy to work with and aesthetically pleasing. We also like the ability to keep a detailed database of employees in the system. Their customer service team has been very friendly and are always there to answer our questions in detail. It is also a great platform for time tracking and exporting time sheets every week to send to payroll. Overall, it's the best platform we could have found to help us do what we need to do every day.

Nachteile: A couple features we wish they had: - The option to create a preferred list in our employee database (A-list, B-list, C-List, Do Not Call List, etc)
- The option to be able to look at all events at once on the Time Tracker for the day (right now you can only look at one event at a time, which is hard when we have multiple events and sometimes forget which ones are happening in a day)
- To have a log of attendance (who was late, who called out, who was a no show) that is linked to a person's profile so we know who the problem people are (maybe a color coding that's like "green" if they are good on attendance and then gets closer to "red" if they have had several call outs/tardies)
- A way to add the zip code of an event to a schedule/job site that shows up on timesheet exports
- A way to send a crew memo or mass notification ("this shift has been cancelled" or "this shift has had a time change, please confirm") to all or selected crew members via WIW.

von When I Work an 8.8.2019

Hi Jonathan -

Thank you so much for such a wonderful and thorough review!

We're so happy to hear that you're loving the features we currently offer! I love the suggestions you've shared as well. We are always interested in hearing about your experience with our product and how we could improve.

Again, thank you for your kind word and fabulous review!

Scheduling Made Easy and Quick

Bewertet am 25.10.2018
Allison M.
Automotive, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: The site is very easy to understand especially for a software that is so robust. I can't tell you the value there, but it is so much appreciated. We have saved a lot of time and miscommunications while using When I work. The attendance notifications help me to keep track of where our team is hour-wise on an individual basis and as a whole. It's nice that I am alerted, one less thing I need to remember to check on. In conjunction with the Forcast reporting, I have a very clear view of the week ahead. The apps are handy, especially from the administration side. I am able to update time clocked hours on the fly, check everyone's schedule and separate out my own, I can even handle time off requests. I haven't ever attempted to schedule through the app, although knowing how intuitive everything is through their online site, I would venture to guess it would be a piece of cake. I know our team members enjoy having their schedules and hours readily available in their pocket as well.

Nachteile: We have had a couple issues with clock-ins through the apps. There have been times when it isn't recognizing the location or the punch doesn't make it all the way through. But that's it! I would love if this software could manage our PTO as well, but we haven't found a way to make it work with how our times are calculated.

von When I Work an 23.1.2019

Hello Allison,

Jaime here from the Customer Care Team at When I Work. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review!

I'm glad to hear that you find When I Work to be easy to understand and that it has helped your team save time, assist with communication, and help you keep track of when your employees are clocking in/out.

I am sorry to hear that your team has been experiencing a few issues clocking in from time to time. Feel free to reach out to us support@wheniwork.com at any time and we can dig into this further as to why this is occurring.

We'd also like to hear how PTO works for your company to see how we can assist.

Thanks again for the review!

Take care,

Jaime

Scheduling Resources Has Never Been Easier

Bewertet am 24.6.2018
Miguel G.

Kommentare: When I Work is truly a great tool for scheduling. Use it for forecasting as well to determine where you can make the best use of your resources across one or more projects. This tool also helps you understand what your organization is capable of handling. It will definitely save you from scheduling headaches and the potential issues around delivering work when you are better able to have full visibility across all your teams and the projects they are working on. A great stand alone tool, as well as a great integrated tool.

Vorteile: When I Work is a simple and truly effective time scheduler for resourcing projects in your organization. You can track across one or more projects, as needed, and identify time availability for the work that needs to get done. This is often one of the most challenging aspects of keeping projects on track and very few project management tools can help you like When I Work can. Unlike the "capacity" view of other applications, When I Work gets down to the most granular details. It allows you to identify when and where a team member will be used, including time-off, breaks, lunches, meetings, etc. You can use these categories to identify how best to allocate their time. The scheduler allows you to see teams based on shift or positions (roles). You can track un-paid breaks and time off, as well as customize schedules and create templates for reuse. You can even create specific shifts for one time or recurring use and maintain notes on each entry. It also provides high level visibility of total individual team member capacity as well as what is scheduled and what has already been used. View your teams across one or more projects or job sites and distribute resources across them all as needed. It offers program-like management of projects and does not restrict you to individual projects, which can become cumbersome when re-allocating time of one team member across two or more projects. When I Work is a great tool for planning, or simply use it in addition to your project management application. Its scheduling features make it a powerful tool that lets you forecast as well, by easily making changes in schedules as needed. You will spend less time manually calculating your resources and where to place them, saving you time and money. Changes to any schedules are easy to see and the responses are easy to manage. When I Work also offers features like task management, which allows you to manage projects of less complexity in the same application. And if you are looking for integration, yes, you can use their library of APIs for that. But, you need to click on the developer link at the footer for more details. Their integration features are not prominently displayed on their website.

Nachteile: No cons I could personally find for the application and its use. Integration via APIs are present, but this is more for organizations who have techs who can implement them. I have seen organizations with limited development capabilities due to their areas of expertise, where integrations might pose a small challenge... but this should not necessarily pose as a true con for you.

Great scheduling app with tons of features!

Bewertet am 8.3.2018
Sergeant
13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Scheduling is EXTREMELY easy! Long gone are the days of paper postings and random email messages. It is VERY nice being able to reference your entire schedule from the moment it is posted, going all the way back to your initial employment. Even those with little to no computer experience can use it fairly easily.

Vorteile: It is EXTREMELY easy for the end-user to utilize this software. There are also some pretty good mobile applications that it offers which makes tracking your schedule very easy!

Nachteile: There are a lot of overly-helpful tips and suggestions that constantly spam the administrators' email accounts and scheduling interfaces. (Essentially the company does this to assist the administrators, but there is no way to stop it, which makes it very annoying after awhile). The mobile application can also be buggy at times, and the website schedule does not work properly on mobile phones that don't have a "desktop view", as the website does not have a mobile version designed for it. This forces you to use the mobile app on mobile devices unless your mobile phone can display it in a "desktop view". On a normal computer interface, this works just fine.

von When I Work an 12.3.2018

Hi there!

Thanks for taking the time to review our app. We are glad to hear that When I Work is making scheduling easier for you and your team.

If you are having trouble unsubscribing to our emails, please reach out to us at support@wheniwork.com and we would be happy to help get you unsubscribed on our end.

At this time When I Work is only supported on our web app via computer or or on mobile apps on Android and iOS devices. Our team is prioritizing consistency and parity between our web and mobile apps. I would make sure that you have the most updated version of the mobile app for the latest enhancements we have made.

Thanks,

Adrian
When I Work Team

When I Work made scheduling and communicating to all employees a breeze!

Bewertet am 1.2.2018
Pam S.
Store Manager

Vorteile: The ease of the program. It was very user-friendly. Scheduling used to take 2 hours, but it was cut down to 30 minutes with WhenIWork. I love that I could customize the shifts. I especially loved that employees had to acknowledge their shifts. There was no more miscommunication that an employee didn't see their schedule. It's also been a great tool to get staff on the same page. The ability to message everyone at once was awesome. Plus the program tells you which employees have viewed the messages. It also has the option for employees to clock in via the app and you can link it with payroll. Employees are able to submit requests for time-off or vacations. Everything you need is in one place. The customer support team is available immediately through their live chat. They have always been very helpful and friendly. Absolutely a wonderful program!

Nachteile: The only thing I would modify is to have the ability to block off certain dates for requests. That way an employee wouldn't be able to request off Black Friday for example.

von When I Work an 3.2.2018

Hi there Pam!

Thanks for the great review! We are so happy to hear that you find so much value in When I Work!

In addition, we do have a way to block off days that you don't want your users to request off.

You can create a Schedule Annotation in 'Week View' by clicking the 'Chat Bubble' icon next to the date. You will just need to fill in the details of the annotation and select the box for 'Don't Allow Time Off'.

Here is a guide that walks you through that: http://bit.ly/2nzroHJ

Feel free to reach out to us at support@wheniwork.com with any questions :)

Sincerely,
Kara
-When I Work Team

The software has made the impossible, possible for scheduling employees

Bewertet am 22.12.2017
Deborah K.
Tierarzt, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I think scheduling would not be managed as well without this software.

Vorteile: I love that employees can indicate when they are available and when they are not available. I love that they can put in requests for time off which helps me not rely on myself for remembering. I love that there are additional features for rate of wage. I like the attendance and I can see if employees are showing up late or getting into overtime. There is a budget feature which I have not used but think would be very helpful in the future.

Nachteile: I wish that I could have the option of excluding some employees when sending a general email through WIW. I also wish that open shifts were always a different color especially when looking at the schedule by position. This would bring my attention to the open shift and alert me that someone is needed. I wish I could publish an employees schedule out for more than 1 week.

von When I Work an 22.12.2017

Hi Deborah,

Thanks for taking the time to review When I Work. We appreciate hearing from you and are glad to know When I Work is helping to make your teams¿ and your work lives easier!

When sending custom email messages to your employee's you can select which employees you would like to send the email messages to, by clicking on the "To" field and selecting their names from the list.

There is not a way to automatically change the colors of the OpenShifts. Instead managers would have to manually edit the OpenShifts and change the colors on the Scheduler page.

When it comes to publishing the schedule, you can use the advanced publishing feature to publish the schedule for any desired date range: https://help.wheniwork.com/articles/publishing-the-schedule-computer/#advanced-publishing

If you have any questions about When I Work, please check out our help center at https://help.wheniwork.com/ or email our Customer Care team at support@wheniwork.com!

Thanks,
Adrian

Does what it is supposed to

Bewertet am 9.9.2016
Nicola M.
Hausmeisterservice, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I loved this product until a setting (that I didn't touch) mysteriously changed itself, causing my subscription to increase significantly. I didn't notice it for 14 months. When I addressed this with When I Work, I was told that their policy is to not provide credits or refunds - in this case even when it seems it was them that had overcharged. I have gone from a very satisfied long-term customer, to one who feels like When I Work is not there for its clients at all. And I am suspicious that others would have their background settings changed as well (I didn't even know what or where it was).

Vorteile: It's visual and simple. It schedules down to 15 minute increments. It makes a very dynamic schedule like ours, easy to manage and understand.

Nachteile: It would be good if a shift automatically started from the time you first click on the schedule. It would be good if they understood how tricking and overcharging their customers leads to a complete lack of loyalty. Buyer beware! Just keep on checking your subscription amounts each month. As if you don't have other things to be occupied with.

von When I Work an 9.9.2016

Thank you for the feedback and we are happy to hear the product is meeting your scheduling needs. We pride ourselves on our customer service, and it's a primary reasons so many business owners choose When I Work over other options.

We understand your frustration in this situation where you enabled a feature which was underutilized.

When I Work does not change billing settings without the explicit written consent by the Account Holder.

We also email out an invoice to Account Holders for every transaction made to ensure clear transparency.

When I Work's flexible and transparent billing allows businesses to only purchase what they need. For some of our customizations, such as international text support, there is a recurring monthly add-on fee.

All pricing customizations are clearly listed on the Account & Billing Page and prior to consenting to the recurring payment- we require the Account Holder's consent to our Terms of Service, Refund Policy, and Privacy Policy.

User Friendly, Easy to Use and Understand.

Bewertet am 8.10.2019
Helen J.
Accounts Payable
Bau, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: DASHBOARD : Upon logging in, the dashboard shows the exact total amount of time and money put it by all employees. That way, I can see if there is something out of the ordinary as long as I know the average expense we put on the payroll.
AS AN ADMIN/PAYROLL/SUPERVISOR: I can customize who can view and edit the time of the members in the team. Typically, I give part of admin rights to the team leaders or supervisors. This way, it saves my time in editing login errors and focus more on the whole organization. If I want to do a roll call, I can do it at my desk in one glance.
It helps me organize the schedule of the whole organization for next week's work operation and post it when it is finalized. No more excuses such as "I didn't know".
At the end of payroll period, reporting is a breeze!
AS A USER WITH LIMITED ACCESS : As a user, I have limited view of the data. I can only view my own hours. Which it is what I'm supposed to only see. I can watch my hours and limit myself to working more than 40 hours per week. I can send my Personal Time off and wait for the admin's approval. As a contractor employed by the organization, I can post my time availability. I don't have to go back and forth talking and negotiating to the supervisor. I can do this remotely with an app.

Nachteile: So far, I have nothing least to say about this software.

von When I Work an 11.10.2019

Hi Helen,

Thank you for utilizing When I Work and for this awesome review!

We appreciate hearing from you and are glad to know When I Work is helping to save some time and make your teams' and your work lives a little easier.

Vicki

Makes my life SO much easier!

Bewertet am 8.5.2019
Joey W.
Unterhaltung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Scheduling is a BREEZE!! You just have to try it yourself. There are way too many features that simplify my work load to list. All I know is that my business runs smooth as heck because of WhenIWork.

Vorteile: the software is great, but the customer service is OFF THE CHARTS! I wasn't a very tech savvy guy when I first started using WhenIWork, so I was constantly chatting with customer service and they were always extremely helpful, found answers if they didnt know the answers, and sent a handwritten personalized thank you card when I first joined. This is an example of a company that does things RIGHT! I love the scheduler, but also the hire feature, auto-assign, and the work chat allows me to email my entire team (as much as the employees change) without having to update a contact list email.

Nachteile: My business is strangely specific, so my needs are very specific. WhenIWork covers all the bases for me except being able to load saved shift templates from the mobile app. I can publish them from the mobile app, but I can't load them unless I'm on a computer. Which I am most of the time, so it's not that big of deal. I don't use a few of the features besides the scheduler, but having the options to use HIRE, TIME CLOCK, and other features are very helpful to other business mangers as well.

von When I Work an 9.5.2019

Hi Joey,

Thanks for such a fantastic review! Your reputation precedes you as a great customer to chat with, I have heard about the balloon pirate ship! We're so glad you're continuing to enjoy When I Work and that it has made running your business smooth!

Terra

We started using When I Work to do scheduling and time clock for our 130 desk-less employees

Bewertet am 14.11.2017
Lindsay H.
Associate Director for Operations and Education
Bildungsmanagement, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It saves us a lot of time. We have 130 college students that work for us and they are always swapping shifts or need a shift off for an exam or something like that. They can do all of that through When I Work and I don't have to be the middle man in any of that anymore. It also helps hold them accountable. It makes them acknowledge their shifts and tells them that they are still responsible for the shift until someone accepts it (and notifies if/when it is accepted). It is nice that they get that reminder every time they need to drop a shift and I don't have to find them and remind them all of the time.

Vorteile: We love the fact that our employees can access it on their phones. Our employees are college students, so being able to use it on a mobile device is crucial. Our old program didn't have that functionality. I also like that I can go in and move someone's shift to "open" for any other employee to accept. Since our employees are college students and anything required for a course is excused from work, so it is really nice to be able to go in and move a shift for an employee that has an exam or something like that. I also like that employees have to acknowledge their shifts.

Nachteile: Two things - I can't go in and schedule just one person. We are on a college campus that operate on quarters. I would like to be able to look at an individual schedule for a certain time period and edit it as necessary, but that functionality doesn't exist. My employees are frustrated with the notifications. It is great that someone can do a "drop shift request" that goes out to all of the other employees, but it is frustrating to get 10 emails about that. We (mainly our hourly employees) wish there was an option to get the notifications in a digest once a day instead an email for every single notification.

von When I Work an 15.11.2017

Hi Lindsay,

Thank you for leaving a review! It is great to hear that When I Work has been able to improve your scheduling process and save you time.

You have provided great feedback here. I can see how the ability to view/edit an individuals schedule could be a valuable feature. Our goal with the notifications is to keep everyone as informed as possible, but I understand it can be a lot if your schedule has many weekly changes. I will be sure to pass these ideas on to our product team!

Thanks again!

Matt

Makes scheduling super easy!

Bewertet am 5.2.2018
Lisa D.
General Manager

Vorteile: This product is super straight forward and very user-friendly. It is very easy to use the scheduler as well as keep up with employee hours on the Time Tracker. You can easily edit attendance if your employee forgets to clock out and sending messages to the whole group is super easy with the group message feature. The online based platform is great and the app is the perfect way to post the schedule without having to send out emails of spreadsheets etc. Notifications come straight to your phone regarding scheduling changes, shift swap requests, time off requests, and even when your employees forgot to clock in. Notification alerts are easy to change in settings. There's even a setting to get a reminder 2 hours prior to your shift so in case your schedule is constantly changing, its so easy to keep up with it!

Nachteile: The satellite/gps location isn't as good as it can be with regards to clocking in. Sometimes it will not let you clock in due to being "too far away" when you are standing right at your work. The app sometimes freezes up when clocking in/out or takes a while to process a clock in. So then when you press "clock in" again, it'll actually clock you out.

von When I Work an 7.2.2018

Hi there Lisa,

Thank you for leaving us a review!

We are so happy to hear that you and your team finds value in When I Work!

If you continue to run into issues with clocking in and out, please feel free to email our Customer Care team at support@wheniwork.com. Our team will help get the issues you are experiencing resolved.

Thanks again for the review! Hope you have a great day!

Sincerely,
Kara
-When I Work Team

Manage staffing, scheduling, and attendance of your team for free

Bewertet am 29.4.2019
Maria lenin L.
Sales/ Appointment Setter

Vorteile: It’s a great application if you handle a large team and you need to keep track of your employees schedule, time clock , and shift staffing. It can handle up to 75 users. We used this application when i joined a part time job in sales. And it was easy to set up both in desktop and mobile. And when i logged in I can see all members of our department in the Team messaging feature. You can easily read and track all conversation within the team. Choosing your shift or schedule was easy. Just add the shift or schedule you chose for up to 2 weeks and the Manager can view your schedule for the day. Time clocking was easy, just press the IN button and break button if you are on break. Its an awesome application and whats good is that its free to sign up and use these features.

Nachteile: Well since its free, the features and function are just limited to what the employees clicked on the app but no screenshots of their desktop or other feature that other time applications have that can testify that the logged hours are indeed productive. Unlike Some paid applications that would have integrations to payment system after approval of hours, When I Work does not have other app integrations that would be complete the staffing and accounting system of your business. But so far everything went fine for this application, and moving through features or tabs does not hang and does not have much errors.

von When I Work an 9.5.2019

Hi Maria,

Thanks for taking the time to leave such a thoughtful and detailed review! I'm glad to hear you're enjoying the free version of When I Work so much! If you are ever interested in any of the paid features, feel free to check them out at wheniwork.com/pricing

Terra

Fantastic Tool!

Bewertet am 17.4.2019
Liz E.
Youth Development Director
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I will never go back to the old way. When I Work has revolutionized my work day.

Vorteile: I have numerous staff working different jobs at different locations. Previously I was using Excel to schedule them all. Keeping track of days off and their class schedules was next to impossible. Letting the staff request time off and set their availability streamlined the process drastically. Since switching to When I Work my time spent scheduling has been greatly reduced. The mobile app is very helpful for my employees. The ability to designate positions is also very valuable. A large portion of my staff work in a child care setting so there are rules about qualifications necessary for each shift. I can designate which staff have which qualifications so that only eligible staff can be scheduled for a specific shift.

Nachteile: I don't believe I have any cons. Occasionally when they change or update something it will cause an issue. I contact their customer service and it is corrected immediately.

von When I Work an 19.4.2019

Hi Liz -

Thank you for this amazing 5 star review!

I'm so happy to hear that the features and options we offer meet many of your business needs and make your job easier!

Availability is one of my favorite features we offer since it helps managers get more time back and empowers employees to manage their time!

Thank you again for this great review!

Kindly,
Adrianne

When I have to work, I use "When I Work" to make sure I get to work when I'm Supposed to!!

Bewertet am 21.2.2019
Brad S.
Erholungseinrichtungen & -dienstleistungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall, I really like this Software. It is very affordable for my small company! It has some features and functionality that it's competitor's just simply did not offer. So I actually use 2 different Time tracking softwares. But my employees use this one. If I was forced to make a choice on either "When I Work" or one of their competitors, I would probably have to choose "When I Work". They really do include everything my small business needs and more when it comes to scheduling and time tracking needs. The Geo fencing and Chat feature within the Software is just great. It really takes a lot of concern away from me. It allows the employees to be a bit more free and manage themselves and still be held accountable so I do not need to micro manage. It's hard to Explain, but just try the Software out and you won't be disappointed!!

Vorteile: The functionality and features offered are by far the best thing about this Software.
Ease of use, and control of use. Fairly Intuitive, and addresses most all of my needs for my small business!! The Cost! This software is very affordable for a small company.

Nachteile: I think that the Customer Support is not up to Par. The only way to get support is via Chat or to submit a Ticket. I have been ignored or neglected in the past, and just needed some help and no one was available and Did not respond either. This was when I first started using the Software and so it left a bit of a bad impression with me... I wish the Reports were not just limited to CSV files. I wish the reports were nice and clean and well presented like some of their competitors offer...

von When I Work an 7.3.2019

Hi Brad -

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review and share you're feedback with us! I'm so happy to hear that When I Work has met a lot of your business needs for managing your team.

I'm sorry to hear that your past experiences with our Care team haven't met your expectations. We currently offer support via live chat and email. These channels allow us to provide support effectively and efficiently for all of our customers at this time.

If you are encountering any issues, please don't hesitate to reach out to us so we can help out. We can be reached at support@wheniwork.com or via Live Chat as you referenced.

Kindly,
Adrianne

Do you have around 30 employees? THIS IS WHAT YOU NEED!

Bewertet am 28.2.2019
Stephanie H.
Assistant Director
Bildungsmanagement, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We love the ease of communication with this software. Work Chat is a HUGE benefit for us. Many of our employees check this feature better than checking their emails! We also love the "copy and paste" feature. We are able to copy the current week's schedule and then paste it to the next week. Then we make minor adjustments to the schedule, save and publish to all employees with a click of a button. Then scheduling is DONE!

Vorteile: We love this program for the ease of communication with all of our employees. Communication is always something we strive for and with ever-changing schedule needs, this program eliminated our extra steps to be sure everyone was communicated with. With the quick change of a schedule, those affected would receive a notification immediately and know what their new upcoming schedule would be.

Nachteile: So far anything that we have had concerns with, we were able to contact WIW employees and it was addressed and fixed or we were educated in how to make that process work best for our center!

von When I Work an 7.3.2019

Hello Stephanie -

Thank you for this amazing review and 5 stars across the board!

We are SO happy to hear that you've found When I Work to meet your business needs, your staff find it easy to use, and the features we have are exceeding your expectations!

In addition, we appreciate the feedback that our Care team was able to help resolve any issues you encountered!