Über Rentec Direct

Immobilienverwaltungssoftware für private Vermieter und professionelle Manager mit 10 bis 5.000 Immobilien. 14 Tage kostenlos testen.

Erfahre mehr über Rentec Direct

If you make an error in the accounting it's a little hard to repair. I would like an option to edit or either delete a transaction or be able to make a note and remove from the accounting error.

Bewertungen zu Rentec Direct

Rentec Direct hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,6 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 186 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Rentec Direct bereits verwendet?

Dixie
Dixie

Amazing Solution!

Kommentare: Overall Rentec increases the profitability of my company immensely. It allows me to automate and streamline many activities that both save time and improve accuracy. Their support team is very responsive and always happy to help walk me through any questions I may have on an entry I've made.

Rentec is very user-friendly. It's functionality is laid out well and it offers modern integrations such as online rent collection, pay owner by ACH, and electronic signatures for lease agreements. I also am impressed with their customer service. They are always very prompt and helpful.

I wish they offered a mobile app for property managers.

Antwort von Rentec Direct

Thank you for the glowing review, Carlotti! We love hearing from clients about how they enjoy their tools. I'll be sure to share your love with your Client Success team. :) Wishing you a successful & happy New Year!

Jeremi
Principle Partner/CEO in USA

Rentec Direct Has Never Failed Me

Kommentare: No issues, great platform.... Give it a shot!

Easy to use, excellent and responsive customer service, no issues in the 3 years I have been using it.

Nothing major.... They are always improving the QOL tidbits and adding new features..... I just make suggestions on improvements wherever I feel something could be improved or implemented.... They do listen to them and I've noticed implementations of things I have wished to see.

Shana A.
Property Manager & Consultant in USA
Quelle: GetApp

Can't recommend this to everyone.

Kommentare: Honestly, I would switch to another company if I could, but I have too much data in, and am too busy to go through a transfer now, and all of the hassles that would entail. I think Rentec may be a good option if you have only a few units, and very simple accounting, and are looking for a budget product, or have some familiarity with accounting and property management software, so you really don't need the support.

So it is very affordable, and some of the software is pretty simple to set up. They are continuing to add support articles and more functionality.

Functionality, especially in the accounting area is limited. No ability to select "classes". You have to find work arounds for things that you shouldn't have to. The support team is of little support. I have email chains with OVER 15 EMAILS AND THE QUESTION STILL HAS NOT BEEN ANSWERED. It is difficult to reach anyone when you call most times, so you are relegated to chat/email, and often my main question or issue is NEVER actually answered. I still have issues from my first month, and I am now in month six, that are unanswered. Many of the things I have learned, were from hours of trial and error. If they are not going to have a free support option that is actually helpful, then they at least need to offer a paid option. There is also a big gap in the merchant processing area. Their processor, Forte, often sends you back to Rentec, and Rentec sends you back to Forte, and the pricing of the merchant options is not clear or transparent until you get your bill.

Antwort von Rentec Direct

We're sorry to hear you got off on a bad foot and your experience has been so different than other client feedback we hear. I will reach out to you personally as I would love to help clear up any confusion.

Immobilien, Selbstständig

Come for the website capabilities, stay for the value

I switched to this software from another, $10/month cheaper software. Rentec's software is really easy to use. You don't need accounting or business knowledge to operate this software. It is really easy to use. I switched to Rentec so I could have my listings automatically populate on my website (tired of manually entering them on website by Wix). Tenants can also apply electronically from website, and log in to view their tenant or owners portal. The features for the tenants are quite nice, and make my company look professional and modern. The accounting features are great, and paying property owners is a breeze. I had little accounting knowledge when I migrated to this property, and everything makes sense. The auto syndication features are amazing, straight to Zillow and its affiliates overnight.

I have to be honest, I'm complaining about a free feature, but my least favorite part of the software is the website in which I migrated to Rentec for. If I try to edit my website and add items that are not on the template, my website has major HTML coding issues and will not publish properly. The visual appearance of my website thru Rentec is subpar considering what I had before. That said, I could not get the functionality I needed from my old website, and I will sacrifice appearance for functionality. I actually learned HTML coding so I could add a contact us field on my website, but I couldn't save the website with HTML coding. Another item I dislike, although it's more a feature I don't use as opposed to an issue with Rentec, is there are so many redundancies when it comes to the tenant. I plug in their email and name, and that should be all for my purposes. But I have to manually go in and authorize them to receive emails from me. And then authorize them access to the tenants portal. And authorize them to make partial payments, and so on.

Antwort von Rentec Direct

Thank you, Michael, for your feedback. I'm happy to hear that the majority of your experience with Rentec has been so positive. We're happy you're with us! Adjusting source code on the free website template can throw things for a loop if one character is off, so we typically recommend only website designers adjust it. I would love to see what we can do to assist you with what you're hoping to accomplish on your template. Look for my email! :) If you do opt for a privately hosted website with more flexibility, we offer integration tools for your listings and portals. We look forward to working with you and please reach out if you need our help.

Jerrod
Owner in Mexiko
Immobilien, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Clearly software made for and by users!

Kommentare: Amazing. Simply amazing. Their customer support is the best. Took me 20min on the phone and I knew this was it. I’ve used many of the other “big names” in PM software. Good luck getting support from them. I have my guy who I schedule sessions with as needed, but their online chat people are just as good. Never have I heard “I don’t know how to do that, let me find out for you.” With other softwares that was the answer to every other question.

The software is very intuitive and has many features I wasn’t even looking for in software but couldn’t imagine living without now. I’m looming at you Mr “text from the system” feature! As far as the things I actually knew I needed, it had all of that at a price that was great. In fact, I run a property management company as well as my own rentals that must remain separate. I have two subscriptions to Rentec now, one for each!

while the website has a great mobile friendly option, it would be easier for my team and I if you had an app. The portal and owner apps are great, just get us a good managers app to complete the trifecta.

Antwort von Rentec Direct

Thanks for the kind words! Colton always raves about working with you. We are currently working on developing an app for the property management platform, so stay tuned for updates as our developers get closer to a finished product.

Ellie
Property Manager
Immobilien, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

An outstanding management tool!

Kommentare: I was on RentPost previously. From that experience, I learned the hard way that while a website may make boasts of great software, if there is no Customer Support or strong Development group behind it, the user experience can be time-consuming and difficult. Converting to Rentec Direct allowed me to free up a lot of time that I formerly spent trying to fix issues caused by the software. I am so pleased with the quality of Rentec's Customer Support and Development teams.

1. Customer Support is excellent. There is great help on the Chat window and when that isn't available, phone support is great. 2. Easy to use. Once I got familiar with the system, it became a slam-dunk to manage monthly rent collection and on-time lease renewals. Training was great so I got up to speed quickly. 3. Tenants like it. Ease of use applies to tenants also. Rent reminders and late notices are clear and tenants have no problem working with the system. Rentec takes that burden off my desk. And tenants love the ACH and credit card options. 4. Software works as advertised. The Development team has built a solid product.

It would be nice to have a reporting tool that allowed me to create my own reports. Owner reporting is not very elegant as it is today.

Rick
Rick

Primarily Use for Advertising Non-MLS Properties

Kommentare: Even though we jumped to Buildium for most of our Property Management activities, we stayed with Rentec for the marketing aspects as their system is probably the most flexible out there for that. It would be better if we had 1 system doing everything but we are picky and want the best best of both worlds are willing to pay for it.

We use the property setup screens, the rental website portal, and syndication. We love that we can list a rental property and either syndicate it to listing services or just advertise it without syndicating it. This has helped us greatly in our marketing, especially for properties that we will only lease and not manage.

Rentec has accounting built-in but we were never able to make a go of it as it didn't have all of the functionality that we needed so we stayed with Quickbooks Premium for years until deciding to jump to Buildium for accounting and leasing.

Antwort von Rentec Direct

Thanks for the review, Rick! We're so happy you've been with us for six years and that you're enjoying all the marketing features. So many enhancements have happened since you came on board. I'll reach out to you to see if you might be missing out on new features, especially related to accounting. Cheers!

Paul
Consultant in USA

Easy and Integrated Property Management

Kommentare: I mentioned a few specific items on my "wish list" and customer service was able to explain options to accomplish them on the first call. That saves a lot of frustration and wasted customization time. Small and limited staff companies will love the financial and management integration that saves time and money.

I had a list of items applicable to my specific circumstances, of course. I used this to compare software, so that I knew these would be accommodated, then on to the functionality. Like many of us, I didn't want a difficult system for my clerical help. At the same time, the integrated accounting and background/credit checks were good matches for our needs and money-saving, to boot.

The setup for properties and their perimeters takes some time, but all systems require it. The first, general setup did give us an opportunity to look at our policies and procedures overall, which is important to do, especially when switching to a new system.

Courtney

Awesome help

This software is very easy to use, and it offers all that I need to make managing our properties easy. The customer service and tech support is amazing. The support team has been very helpful several times in guiding me through some of the technical aspects of the software that have made things run more efficiently for our daily flow. I felt very capable of using this software after having the training provided over the phone.

There are a couple of things that I would like to see Rentec Direct offer in the future. However, I love how it has a suggestion area which lets me know that some improvements or upgrades are in the works or are being considered.

Antwort von Rentec Direct

Thank you, Courtney! We are grateful for your business and happy to hear you're still feeling & sharing the Rentec love after being part of the family for over a year. Stand by for some great feature releases happening this year!

Maurice L
Maurice L

Could use some updating

It has all the functions you need and more, it just lacked in some areas.

It felt like they didn’t want to upgrade to the new era, it wasn’t any app features, the colors weren’t bright like other sites.

letztes Jahr

We're always working to improve the product and appreciate receiving feedback from our clients. Be on the lookout for Product Update announcements as we release some cool features and enhancements this year.

Rachael
Gewerbeimmobilien, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

We have outgrown Rentec

Kommentare: We have been using Rentec for over 5 years. We have over 600 units on Rentec, both multifamily and retail. We started out as a small company and now have about 30 employees. I was a huge, avid fan of this software when we were smaller, but the lack of controls as we have grown larger now outweigh the positives. There is a very limited amount of control for user access. Basically a user has access to everything or read only access. It is very difficult to control process and data integrity throughout a larger organization. If you are a smaller company starting out, this software is fantastic. If you have more than 5 or 6 people in your data, you can't control the data quality because everyone has access to everything. No way to lock anything down, or create user levels of access. I have been asking Rentec for this change for over 2 years. We are now shopping for different software.

Great functionality for smaller companies and number of rental units (4 or fewer employees) Easy to use to get the basics started

If you plan on growing past 5 employees, consider something else. Not enough controls for various employee access/restriction to appropriate data/pages. Customer service used to be great, has slowed considerably in the last 2 years. The company has gotten a lot larger, and thus don't listen as well as they used to. Make sure that the software meets your current (and future) needs. Don't expect major changes. Small rollouts of capabilities do continue to happen.

Anthony
Broker/owner in USA
Immobilien, Selbstständig

Rep has been a great help

Kommentare: Rep has been over the top helpful
I have call several times trying to set up a Merchant account and each time I talked to her, she has patiently walked me through it, even when I have been annoyingly slow to understand.

Great customer service and easy to use. Plus many services at a cost effective price. Very good reports

Not easy to call. Have to wait for call back, not always convenient. I would also like more freedom to be able to custmize reports

Sue
Rental Property Owner
Gewerbeimmobilien, Selbstständig

Tested this service - Report that came back did not have the misdemeanors that I already knew about

Great idea. I wish it worked. Unfortunately, my one time test use of it proves the reports they provide may be inaccurate .

It is not accurate. I tested this service with info on a person I know has misdemeanors. (He admits to them and the local police department in Indiana provided a report detailing the offenses). The "nationwide" report that came back to me after I provided SSN and other requested info, showed no criminal history at all. So, clearly the nationwide background check claim is not accurate

Antwort von Rentec Direct

Dear Sue, Thank you for taking the time to try our service and post a review. Indiana does indeed have limited coverage as not all counties report misdemeanor convictions to nationwide databases. We (and all other screening vendors) are a bit at the mercy of counties keeping things updated but some still run analog systems and haven't yet converted to electronic, which can slow things down. Also, as a reporting agency for landlords, most states restrict landlords to only seven years of history. The crimes committed by your applicant that were over seven years old cannot be reported or considered when placing a tenant. Our system would have automatically removed those from the report as required by law, which also keeps you out of legal hot water if you were to accidentally reject an applicant based on old data. We are here to protect both you and your investments which we endeavor to do with both our software products and tenant screening reports by providing the most accurate data possible.

Sam
Gewerbeimmobilien

Full Service rental software A++++

I love how easy the product is to use and the support you get when you have a question. The software has helped our business grow so much and get our apartment listings in front of people we never would of normally see our local ads. It has great accounting functionality built into it that allows us to reconcile with our bank accounts in a very easy and effective way.

I do not have any complaints at this time when we first started using it 5 years ago there were a few things but they have been updating and adding features all the time and now there are no missing features or problems that are unresolved.

Yohan
Gewerbeimmobilien, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great product easy to use

Kommentare: Overall it’s a great product that definitely makes managing properties much easier.

The product has a lot of cool features such as allowing me to create a website through the software.

You can’t pull a profit and loss statement from the software or a comprehensive accounting statement that I can give to my accountant

Al
Partner

Does the Job

Kommentare: We have a small property business with only 25 units, so we do not need a killer application. Rentec Direct has proven to be a nice fit in terms of functionality as well as financially. Entering data is very easy and the application provides several different ways to view the data so that analyses are quick and to the point.

The price is right, but so is the functionality. I am not sure how well this application would work for an operation that had several hundred units, but for our small business it seems to be good. It saves us a great deal of time and enables us to be more productive by allowing us to assess our expenses per property quickly and accurately.

At times, we have to sort of figure out how to get the output we want. Some of the pages use terms that do not always seem intuitive, but this is really not a major issue.

Tim
USA
Gewerbeimmobilien
Verwendete die Software für: Nicht angeboten

Easy simplicity with sufficient power to get the job done.

Although I have managed my own real estate investment portfolio for years, I needed to upgrade and strengthen my record keeping and reporting capability as I launch a property management business next year. After reviewing a number of vendors, I selected Rentec initially. The drivers for my selection were the apparent completeness of the capability while being quite simple to scale. Now, six months into the use of the system, my choice has been validated. I might add that one time, early on, I had to contact their tech support for advisement. I was able to reach a real person who had a very simple solution to my question. I'll be staying with Rentec.

I have "corporate expenses" that really are spread among my properties. I didn't find a straightforward method of capturing these expenses. I created a "Corporate Expense" property to capture these shared expenses. I'm probably missing this capability that likely already exists, but I haven't seen it yet.

Connie
Managing Partner
Immobilien, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great software, and service!

Kommentare: I have greatly appreciated the checking in and assisting with all the additional account set up items. You guys are top notch with contact and follow up.
Professionally I've worked with large software companies like Yardi and Onesite as well as smaller groups like manage America. Rentec was my choice after reviewing and working with others. It had what I wanted and needed in a scalable platform that can grow with my portfolio.

Online payments Online apps Syndication of marketing Resident/owner portal .

Wished for better website templates so I didn't have to use another service. Maybe add advanced website at additional flat fee. I ended up using zoho.

Scott
Verwendete die Software für: Nicht angeboten

Kommentare: I have used the Rentech Direct Property Management system for six months now. With a small number of properties, my biggest concern was cost. This system met that criterion. Secondly, I wanted a system where my data was kept safely on a seperate computer than my laptop or desktop, and could be accessed from anywhere. Rentech met that. This product also had the additional feature of allowing tenants to book work orders and check their account status on-line in a secure manner. The third necessity was that the support side of the product be responsive and easily understood. I have been very pleased with their live help. Usually call, leave message and get contacted back all in the same day. Their on-line support could use some tweaking, however. There are several videos and written resolution on specific cases, and the training videos were helpful, but there are always issues that lie just a step or two beyond what is offered. A phone call resolves that. I am now at the end of year reporting stage and will need to go in and tweak some entries that wound up in wrong categories/accounts. I appreciate how much easier this has made my one man operation and look forward to finding even more efficiencies as I continue to use it.

Mike

Non-Existent Support

Kommentare: We began using Rentec because the user interface was simplistic, but this is were it stopped. The software isn't customizable or easy to integrate into a preexisting website. When they sent an inspector out for the credit check the inspector had no idea why he was there or what for, and had to come out a second time. When notifying Rentec of cancelling and requesting an owed refund they simply ignored the 5 emails, and refused to acknowledge any emails.

The user interface The price of the software

Customizations and lack thereof. Customer Support Responsiveness

Antwort von Rentec Direct

I am sorry to hear about your experience and the experience you had with the third-party site inspector you worked with for approving credit report access. This is not a typical experience for our clients. Per your request, your subscription was cancelled and you were issued a full refund. As required by the Fair Credit Reporting Act, all landlords and property managers must have a third-party site inspection in order to receive approved credit report access. It's unfortunate that the third-party inspector did not meet your expectations. We will be passing along this feedback to them in order to improve the experience for others in the future. Wishing you all the best success.

Heather
CPA
Immobilien, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Rentec Direct makes excellent software for managing properties.

Kommentare: Thanks!

I like the a person can change their level of use based on their needs. I was managing my own properties and using the more expensive version. Then I got a property manager and no longer need as much. I was able to downgrade without losing my data. Chances are I will be back managing my properties again it will already be set up and waiting for me.

Paul
Bau

It just works!

Easy to navigate; fairly intuitive; has depth; can be up and running quickly; vendor is active in keeping product current and adding features; customer service dept is responsive via email.

Product seems geared more toward housing rentals than commercial rentals--I have to get creative when entering tenant info to get them to show up properly on the summary and deposit screens.

Ronda

No descritive repots

Rolling rent calculations are easily understood. Putting in owner expenses is relatively easy. As well as charge backs to the tenants.

Owner reports are not descriptive enough. Online portal takes too long to process and receive funds into our account.

Sarah
Leasing Consultant
Gewerbeimmobilien, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Good program for growing businesses

I like the ease of use for this product and value the quick response time when I have had questions.

I wish there were more connections between certain pages instead of needing to click back and forth.

Joyce
Immobilien

Rentec Direct Review Happy Happy

As a property manager for the last 7 years I have used several different systems. My company recently purchased RenTec Direct and I love it!! It's the most user friendly straight forward software I have used. Being experienced in property management procedures I was able to jump right in and understand the program with very little studying of tutorials or calls to support. They have practically thought of everything; every report you need to have, a toggle over so you can read the description of every function, all the information you need about your account on each screen you use to enable to complete the task without searching elsewhere. It quickly feels like an old friend.

So far I have not found anything I really dislike at all. They remove the quick start guide after 30 days, I could have used that a little longer and an easy way to search for the more complicated report information I need would also help.