Über Rentec Direct

Immobilienverwaltungssoftware für private Vermieter und professionelle Manager mit 10 bis 5.000 Immobilien. 14 Tage kostenlos testen.

Erfahre mehr über Rentec Direct

If you make an error in the accounting it's a little hard to repair. I would like an option to edit or either delete a transaction or be able to make a note and remove from the accounting error.

Bewertungen zu Rentec Direct

Rentec Direct hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,6 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 185 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Rentec Direct bereits verwendet?

Dixie
Dixie

Amazing Solution!

Kommentare: Overall Rentec increases the profitability of my company immensely. It allows me to automate and streamline many activities that both save time and improve accuracy. Their support team is very responsive and always happy to help walk me through any questions I may have on an entry I've made.

Rentec is very user-friendly. It's functionality is laid out well and it offers modern integrations such as online rent collection, pay owner by ACH, and electronic signatures for lease agreements. I also am impressed with their customer service. They are always very prompt and helpful.

I wish they offered a mobile app for property managers.

Antwort von Rentec Direct

Thank you for the glowing review, Carlotti! We love hearing from clients about how they enjoy their tools. I'll be sure to share your love with your Client Success team. :) Wishing you a successful & happy New Year!

Jeremi
Principle Partner/CEO in USA

Rentec Direct Has Never Failed Me

Kommentare: No issues, great platform.... Give it a shot!

Easy to use, excellent and responsive customer service, no issues in the 3 years I have been using it.

Nothing major.... They are always improving the QOL tidbits and adding new features..... I just make suggestions on improvements wherever I feel something could be improved or implemented.... They do listen to them and I've noticed implementations of things I have wished to see.

Overly Secure

1,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: Hassle/overly cumbersome

Cannot access login from search engine, locked out.

letzten Monat

Since our clients handle extremely sensitive financial data and personal information for their tenants and owners, we do prioritize bank grade security and enhanced security features for our clients. With internet security threats constantly evolving, it’s vital that our software engineers evaluate our software to ensure our clients’ data stays protected. It's unfortunate that you had a negative experience trying to log into your account. I can assure you this is not the norm, and I am curious to learn about the specifics your situation. Feel free to reach out to me directly at success+kaycee@rentecdirect.com. Our support team is always available to help you and provide guidance if you happen to encounter an enhanced security feature. I can assure you this is always for your protection.

Immobilien, Selbstständig

Come for the website capabilities, stay for the value

I switched to this software from another, $10/month cheaper software. Rentec's software is really easy to use. You don't need accounting or business knowledge to operate this software. It is really easy to use. I switched to Rentec so I could have my listings automatically populate on my website (tired of manually entering them on website by Wix). Tenants can also apply electronically from website, and log in to view their tenant or owners portal. The features for the tenants are quite nice, and make my company look professional and modern. The accounting features are great, and paying property owners is a breeze. I had little accounting knowledge when I migrated to this property, and everything makes sense. The auto syndication features are amazing, straight to Zillow and its affiliates overnight.

I have to be honest, I'm complaining about a free feature, but my least favorite part of the software is the website in which I migrated to Rentec for. If I try to edit my website and add items that are not on the template, my website has major HTML coding issues and will not publish properly. The visual appearance of my website thru Rentec is subpar considering what I had before. That said, I could not get the functionality I needed from my old website, and I will sacrifice appearance for functionality. I actually learned HTML coding so I could add a contact us field on my website, but I couldn't save the website with HTML coding. Another item I dislike, although it's more a feature I don't use as opposed to an issue with Rentec, is there are so many redundancies when it comes to the tenant. I plug in their email and name, and that should be all for my purposes. But I have to manually go in and authorize them to receive emails from me. And then authorize them access to the tenants portal. And authorize them to make partial payments, and so on.

Antwort von Rentec Direct

Thank you, Michael, for your feedback. I'm happy to hear that the majority of your experience with Rentec has been so positive. We're happy you're with us! Adjusting source code on the free website template can throw things for a loop if one character is off, so we typically recommend only website designers adjust it. I would love to see what we can do to assist you with what you're hoping to accomplish on your template. Look for my email! :) If you do opt for a privately hosted website with more flexibility, we offer integration tools for your listings and portals. We look forward to working with you and please reach out if you need our help.

Jerrod
Owner in Mexiko
Immobilien, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Clearly software made for and by users!

Kommentare: Amazing. Simply amazing. Their customer support is the best. Took me 20min on the phone and I knew this was it. I’ve used many of the other “big names” in PM software. Good luck getting support from them. I have my guy who I schedule sessions with as needed, but their online chat people are just as good. Never have I heard “I don’t know how to do that, let me find out for you.” With other softwares that was the answer to every other question.

The software is very intuitive and has many features I wasn’t even looking for in software but couldn’t imagine living without now. I’m looming at you Mr “text from the system” feature! As far as the things I actually knew I needed, it had all of that at a price that was great. In fact, I run a property management company as well as my own rentals that must remain separate. I have two subscriptions to Rentec now, one for each!

while the website has a great mobile friendly option, it would be easier for my team and I if you had an app. The portal and owner apps are great, just get us a good managers app to complete the trifecta.

Antwort von Rentec Direct

Thanks for the kind words! Colton always raves about working with you. We are currently working on developing an app for the property management platform, so stay tuned for updates as our developers get closer to a finished product.

Ellie
Property Manager in
Immobilien, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

An outstanding management tool!

Kommentare: I was on RentPost previously. From that experience, I learned the hard way that while a website may make boasts of great software, if there is no Customer Support or strong Development group behind it, the user experience can be time-consuming and difficult. Converting to Rentec Direct allowed me to free up a lot of time that I formerly spent trying to fix issues caused by the software. I am so pleased with the quality of Rentec's Customer Support and Development teams.

1. Customer Support is excellent. There is great help on the Chat window and when that isn't available, phone support is great. 2. Easy to use. Once I got familiar with the system, it became a slam-dunk to manage monthly rent collection and on-time lease renewals. Training was great so I got up to speed quickly. 3. Tenants like it. Ease of use applies to tenants also. Rent reminders and late notices are clear and tenants have no problem working with the system. Rentec takes that burden off my desk. And tenants love the ACH and credit card options. 4. Software works as advertised. The Development team has built a solid product.

It would be nice to have a reporting tool that allowed me to create my own reports. Owner reporting is not very elegant as it is today.

Paul
Consultant in USA

Easy and Integrated Property Management

Kommentare: I mentioned a few specific items on my "wish list" and customer service was able to explain options to accomplish them on the first call. That saves a lot of frustration and wasted customization time. Small and limited staff companies will love the financial and management integration that saves time and money.

I had a list of items applicable to my specific circumstances, of course. I used this to compare software, so that I knew these would be accommodated, then on to the functionality. Like many of us, I didn't want a difficult system for my clerical help. At the same time, the integrated accounting and background/credit checks were good matches for our needs and money-saving, to boot.

The setup for properties and their perimeters takes some time, but all systems require it. The first, general setup did give us an opportunity to look at our policies and procedures overall, which is important to do, especially when switching to a new system.

Courtney
Property Manager in USA

Awesome help

This software is very easy to use, and it offers all that I need to make managing our properties easy. The customer service and tech support is amazing. The support team has been very helpful several times in guiding me through some of the technical aspects of the software that have made things run more efficiently for our daily flow. I felt very capable of using this software after having the training provided over the phone.

There are a couple of things that I would like to see Rentec Direct offer in the future. However, I love how it has a suggestion area which lets me know that some improvements or upgrades are in the works or are being considered.

Antwort von Rentec Direct

Thank you, Courtney! We are grateful for your business and happy to hear you're still feeling & sharing the Rentec love after being part of the family for over a year. Stand by for some great feature releases happening this year!

Jason
Immobilien, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

I love their customer support!

Kommentare: I've been a client of Rentec for almost 4 years and what stands out about them to me is their extremely helpful customer support. Special kudos to both Kathryn and Kevin who have helped me accomplish everything I need using their software. Whether I call or email, it seems like I get answers right away. Aside from the software being super easy to learn, I've really enjoyed all the features they've added over the years. It seems like every time I login there's something being improved.

The software is easy to learn for both me and my assistant. We were able to get up and running using the software in days, and that included bringing in all our data. The staff at Rentec was also tremendously helpful in getting it all imported.

The video training material is a bit dated, but still useful.

Eric
owner/manager in USA
Finanzdienstleistungen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Blows our old platform away !

Kommentare: Overall positive, still needs a little tweaking.

Built in marketing tools (website). Right-priced screening tools. Accounting features.

1. Asking someone to "Apply now" (from just the pictures) is a bit intimidating for many prospective tenants. There should be button for "request more information, and maybe "for a faster response answer these questions". Basically looking to have them fill out a brief questionnaire before actually applying with social security numbers, kids names, etc. So for now I'm using the "apply now" button as a questionnaire, and still have tenants completing paper (full) applications (after viewing property). Would love to be able to do BOTH online. 2. It was not immediately clear that we needed to set a fee for credit cards. In our first month a bunch of tenants saw no fee for the credit card, so we got charged a bunch of fees we did not intend to pay! 3. In addition to rentals, we do some fix/flips and some fix to hold. It would be awesome if there was a way to track ONLY capital expenses for a property

Antwort von Rentec Direct

We appreciate your praise & feedback, Eric! And, good news! You can track those capital expenses for a property if you wish. It's as simple as adding the property, creating any special expense categories and posting those expenses. You'll be able to drill into one or more of these categories in your financial reports.

Tracey
Office/Rental Manger in USA
Immobilien, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great program! Needs some work but all in all a great program!

Kommentare: Some of the things that need work are:
Docusign - it needs to be where we can assign signature fields for the tenant so they know where to sign.
Reconciling - It needs to be a little less confusing when reconciling the ACH transactions. it would also be better if you could sort out the transactions by check number/ACH or by date.
Scrolling - when you go into a tenants account to make changes the page scrolls back to the top when you come out. It needs to stay where you went into the tenants account so that if you are making multiple changes in an account you dont have to search for it again when you make the first change.
Owner disbursements - It would be great if the program would automatically send an email to the owners when an owner disbursement is made.

It makes life a lot easier in the rental managing world. This program helps keep up with tenant payments and owner disbursements.

Antwort von Rentec Direct

Hi Tracey, We appreciate your kind comments about the software and wanted to respond to a couple of the challenges you mentioned. With our Docusign integration you are able to add signature fields for tenants from the drop-down fields list in the upper right when editing a form, it is part of the core functionality. A good solution for the scrolling issue you mention is to use the date range selector in the upper-left of the ledger. Your date range will be saved between page views so you will return to exactly where you left off. For owner disbursements, an auto email is a great idea and we'll definitely add it to our feature recommendations list. Again, thank you for the feedback. We will have one of our client success reps reach out in the next couple hours to help with any of these items.

Gregory
Immobilien, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Rentech mostly behaves the way you would expect the software to behave and is functional.

Kommentare: Ease of use and I went through my first accounting review with the results

It was relatively easy to learn and behave the way you expected it to. It was easy to find the controls for changing what little you could change in the functionality. The reports are what you expect them to be, income/expense, income, expense. The rent-roll was reasonable. Everything is exportable. The bank accounts acted like bank accounts and were thus easy to understand. Entering the data didn't take an excessive number of steps

Going from one screen to another sometimes took an excessive amount of time. Some archiving of data locally to the users browser would probably enhance the user experience significantly. Use of an input worksheet for income and expenses would make these tasks much more effective and efficient.

Ryan
Gewerbeimmobilien, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Save yourself. Try anything else.

Kommentare: I would rather stick something sharp in my eye.

The last version was half way decent. New version was convincingly bad and didn't solve any of the old issues.

Everything since the "update". They improved on WORSE.

January
Partner in USA

Amazing Software Package

Kommentare: We just recently selected Rentec Direct for our rental company management software selection. Rentec has been wonderful to work with from the initial point of contact regarding software questions prior to our subscription and as we continued to move forward with the set up and use of the software. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] with Rentec has been very prompt to reply and provided very informative assistance and training so that we can begin use of the software. We initially were in search of a company that could allow us the ability to perform credit and background searches on prospective tenants. We ended up with a program that offered much more! It has the ability to assist with complete leasing management from the application stages to collections of rent, and report tracking and management features. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been on stand by to assist with all steps of Rentec features as we progress with our use of the software. This is our first apartment building to own and manage the leases of the property and Rentec will be an amazing asset to ensure its success.

The many features that Rentec has bundled into one package making the management of our apartment leasing streamlined and easy. Excellent customer service and hands on training!

At this time we have no dislikes with the software.

Antwort von Rentec Direct

Great to hear your positive feedback, January! We love hearing from new clients. Just know we'll be here for you for the long haul. :)

Wendy
Gewerbeimmobilien, Selbstständig

Great Software

Program is very easy to use. I used quickbooks for my rental property accounting and then a combination of paper, Word and Excel to keep track of everyone.With 50 units, I really needed something to keep better track of my tenants. It takes a while to get everything set up, but once you do everything works together seamlessly. I now only need to enter things once and not use multiple systems. The customer service is Amazing!! When I have questions they email me back within a couple of hours and have the answers I need. I haven't moved my website to Rentec yet, but I plan to soon.

Haven't really found anything that I don't like yet. The only thing I would change would be the deposit slips. I don't like that they don't print each check individually on them, just the total amount of deposit.

Deb
Gewerbeimmobilien

Awesome Inexpensive Product

After purchasing my second two unit, I decided I needed a program to keep track of everything and started searching online for something to use. Rentec Direct was free to use, so I tried it. It is an awesome program! I have too many units for the free program, however, I have no problem paying to use it as it is that good. What I like best is that Rentec Direct continues to make changes resulting in a better product.

My only suggestion is that under the payment type drop down window, direct deposit needs to be added.

Brian
Manager in

Great Product

Kommentare: I love using this software to manage our properties. Super intuitive and quite robust. They seem to be constantly adding features too! I especially like the tenant portal and automatic reminder notices. Credit card and ACH processing is very convenient for tenants which helps keeps things current. The customer support is fabulous. They are extremely knowledgeable and always quick to respond to questions. I especially love that the software is in the cloud, so support can look up our account in real time, and fix any issues.

Super easy to use. lots of tools to communicate directly with tenants. Reporting is great.

I wish there was easier mobile access. It's a little hard to use the messaging feature on a phone. It would be great if there was a way to add additional email addresses and mobile phone numbers so I could communicate with multiple tenants within the same unit.

Connie
Managing Partner in
Immobilien, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great software, and service!

Kommentare: I have greatly appreciated the checking in and assisting with all the additional account set up items. You guys are top notch with contact and follow up.
Professionally I've worked with large software companies like Yardi and Onesite as well as smaller groups like manage America. Rentec was my choice after reviewing and working with others. It had what I wanted and needed in a scalable platform that can grow with my portfolio.

Online payments Online apps Syndication of marketing Resident/owner portal .

Wished for better website templates so I didn't have to use another service. Maybe add advanced website at additional flat fee. I ended up using zoho.

Scott
Verwendete die Software für: Nicht angeboten

Kommentare: I have used the Rentech Direct Property Management system for six months now. With a small number of properties, my biggest concern was cost. This system met that criterion. Secondly, I wanted a system where my data was kept safely on a seperate computer than my laptop or desktop, and could be accessed from anywhere. Rentech met that. This product also had the additional feature of allowing tenants to book work orders and check their account status on-line in a secure manner. The third necessity was that the support side of the product be responsive and easily understood. I have been very pleased with their live help. Usually call, leave message and get contacted back all in the same day. Their on-line support could use some tweaking, however. There are several videos and written resolution on specific cases, and the training videos were helpful, but there are always issues that lie just a step or two beyond what is offered. A phone call resolves that. I am now at the end of year reporting stage and will need to go in and tweak some entries that wound up in wrong categories/accounts. I appreciate how much easier this has made my one man operation and look forward to finding even more efficiencies as I continue to use it.

Mike

Non-Existent Support

Kommentare: We began using Rentec because the user interface was simplistic, but this is were it stopped. The software isn't customizable or easy to integrate into a preexisting website. When they sent an inspector out for the credit check the inspector had no idea why he was there or what for, and had to come out a second time. When notifying Rentec of cancelling and requesting an owed refund they simply ignored the 5 emails, and refused to acknowledge any emails.

The user interface The price of the software

Customizations and lack thereof. Customer Support Responsiveness

Antwort von Rentec Direct

I am sorry to hear about your experience and the experience you had with the third-party site inspector you worked with for approving credit report access. This is not a typical experience for our clients. Per your request, your subscription was cancelled and you were issued a full refund. As required by the Fair Credit Reporting Act, all landlords and property managers must have a third-party site inspection in order to receive approved credit report access. It's unfortunate that the third-party inspector did not meet your expectations. We will be passing along this feedback to them in order to improve the experience for others in the future. Wishing you all the best success.

Heather
CPA in
Immobilien, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Rentec Direct makes excellent software for managing properties.

Kommentare: Thanks!

I like the a person can change their level of use based on their needs. I was managing my own properties and using the more expensive version. Then I got a property manager and no longer need as much. I was able to downgrade without losing my data. Chances are I will be back managing my properties again it will already be set up and waiting for me.

Paul
Bau

It just works!

Easy to navigate; fairly intuitive; has depth; can be up and running quickly; vendor is active in keeping product current and adding features; customer service dept is responsive via email.

Product seems geared more toward housing rentals than commercial rentals--I have to get creative when entering tenant info to get them to show up properly on the summary and deposit screens.

Ronda

No descritive repots

Rolling rent calculations are easily understood. Putting in owner expenses is relatively easy. As well as charge backs to the tenants.

Owner reports are not descriptive enough. Online portal takes too long to process and receive funds into our account.

Sarah
Leasing Consultant in
Gewerbeimmobilien, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Good program for growing businesses

I like the ease of use for this product and value the quick response time when I have had questions.

I wish there were more connections between certain pages instead of needing to click back and forth.

Joyce
Property Manager in USA
Immobilien

Rentec Direct Review Happy Happy

As a property manager for the last 7 years I have used several different systems. My company recently purchased RenTec Direct and I love it!! It's the most user friendly straight forward software I have used. Being experienced in property management procedures I was able to jump right in and understand the program with very little studying of tutorials or calls to support. They have practically thought of everything; every report you need to have, a toggle over so you can read the description of every function, all the information you need about your account on each screen you use to enable to complete the task without searching elsewhere. It quickly feels like an old friend.

So far I have not found anything I really dislike at all. They remove the quick start guide after 30 days, I could have used that a little longer and an easy way to search for the more complicated report information I need would also help.