Über Lightspeed Retail

Dieser cloudbasierte POS zentralisiert das Inventarmanagement, das Mitarbeiter*innenmanagement und die Verkaufsberichterstattung sowie die Buchhaltung standort- und kanalübergreifend.

Erfahre mehr über Lightspeed Retail

The team at Lightspeed has been extremely helpful with our migration to their platform. Their Ecom integration makes it very easy to manage our inventory and has increased our online sales.

Lack of responsiveness from the company after you purchase it.

Bewertungen zu Lightspeed Retail

4,0
4,0
3,9

Lightspeed Retail hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,1 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 963 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Lightspeed Retail bereits verwendet?

Chad
Partner
Sportartikel, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Access to information at your fingertips

Untertitel auf Deutsch sind im Videoplayer verfügbar
Jessica
Jessica

Best POS for small businesses

Kommentare: One major benefit is how easy my ordering is with their PO system.

I moved from Lightspeed to Clover and it's night and day. I had to piecemeal the Clover system on the back end to be useful and Lightspeed hands you so much. I've since added more and more of the Lightspeed system like loyalty because their tools are amazing. One of the best parts is their customer service. You get quick answers and they go above and beyond. Whether it's something as simple as why isn't my shipping working on ecom or how can I verify my website with the different social media platforms, their FAQs and customer service team never disappoint. If you are thinking about switching, do it. You won't regret it. It's made me more efficient all around. Thanks Lightspeed!

Lots of different options so it takes a bit to determine what you need to use.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Square Point of Sale, Shopify POS und Revel Systems

Warum Lightspeed Retail gewählt wurde: Clover wouldn't allow me to do a website. Lightspeed integrates inventory on the brick and mortar and ecommerce sides.

Zuvor genutzte Software: Square Point of Sale, Shopify POS und Revel Systems

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Lightspeed Retail: Best integration of inventory, ease of use, I liked all the different standard things the system had like inventory POs, employees, special orders, and more.

anna
CEO in USA

Over promise, under deliver

4,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: Overall, I have had a really negative experience with Lightspeed. Their account managers are not helpful and rarely answer. The company is focused on sales and add ons and not improving the product or ensuring the system does what retailers want / need

Lightspeed has the basics complete. Matrixes, easy sku set up and fairly intuitive POS.

The customer service is terrible. The team is constantly selling new add ons that don't work and then no one every responds. Overall, I have felt the system does not do what they say it does. For example, we were sold on a shopify integration, which is not true. We were also sold that their reporting is great. It is not only terrible, but you have to pay a lot more for any reports that give you actual information (like inventory valuations).

vor 4 Wochen

Hi Anna, We would like to sincerely apologize for your recent experience with Lightspeed. It is our utmost priority to provide a product and service that allows our customers to focus on running their businesses with ease. We value our customers’ feedback, and would like to learn more about your specific experience, to have the opportunity to address your needs and concerns. As we are unable to identify your account within our records, please feel free to contact our Customer Success team should you wish to provide further feedback. You may reach us via email at <engage@lightspeedhq.com>. Thank you,

Brian

Terrible Service, Outdated Product

1,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: We bought a business that used Lightspeed. On 12/22/23 the previous owner submitted a ticket and sent her rep an email, telling LS that they needed to transfer ownership to us. We were sent paperwork and filled it out immediately as we were closing on 1/1/24. Rep said everything was fine. In 1/2/24 everything was still in previous owners name. I called, gave up after 4 times of waiting for over 20 minutes, put in tickets and emailed our rep. Nothing. A few days and a plethora of calls, emails and online messages later, someone told me the rep gave us the wrong paperwork to fill out. We had to start over. This wasn’t done until 1/16/24, 16 days after we bought the business. But it gets worse! For all that time, all sales went to the previous owners acccount (she still had LS at another business) and all money from sales went to her bank. Again, call after call, ticket after ticket, nothing. Finally after over a month, the previous owner was nice enough to write me a check for the payments she received in error, but to this day, LS still hasn’t figured out how to get the sales that went into the previous owners account, to mine. Almost 60 days! I missed paying my state sales tax because I don’t know how much sales we had. Then to top it all off, I worked on our ecom/website for hundreds of hours. Added just under 4,000 products and descriptions and pictures. We own a retail Christmas store. I’d put a stuffed animal under “Plush” on the website. The next day I’d look and that listing would now be under Christmas Lights. Again to tech support. Turns out there was a syncing issue and they had to delete everything I had done. I have to start over. Redo just under 4,000 products. Put them in the correct categories. Hundreds of hours of more work. They didn’t even apologize. They don’t care.To this day, 2/22/24, the account still shows in the old owners, company name. More tickets, more of nothing getting done. More frustration. Please, please stay away from this company. They are truly horrible.

Inventory management was easy. The retail system is fairly easy, but the api from retail to ecom is one way, which is a major flaw.

Their ecom is terrible. Only thing worse than their ecom is their customer service. You can’t call anyone. Tickets take weeks to get worked. Only option is online chat. Try explaining a complex situation in a chat.

vor 2 Monaten

Hi Brian, We sincerely apologize for any challenges you've faced while using Lightspeed. Your satisfaction is paramount to us, and we are fully committed to promptly resolving your concerns. In light of your recent experience, our Management team reached out last week to provide further assistance and help remove any blockers you that you are experiencing. We appreciate your patience as we diligently work to address your issues. Best regards, The Lightspeed Team

Railan
Manager in USA
Sportartikel, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Lightspeed for Small Business

Kommentare: Our overall experience has been very good - I have much more control over inventory, discounts, more robust reporting, and human error estimated.

Inventory, POS, Reports, and discount features are all easy to configure and use.

When completing an End of Year inventory count, you must submit the entire count before seeing the total cost of products counted.

vor 3 Monaten

Hi Railan, Thank you for sharing your experience! We're glad to hear that Lightspeed has provided you with easy-to-use features for inventory, POS, reports, and discounts. The Lightspeed Team

Steve
Steve

A great all-inclusive system

Kommentare: Our industry was using a server-based software which was cumbersome and VERY outdated. Switching to Lightspeed has allowed me to more easily fulfil online orders, process transactions remotely, and communicate with our customer base more effectively.

Integration across POS, eCommerce, Accounting, Data Analytics is excellent. We have been able to increase both sales and efficiency with this system. The accounting feature and its daily export to QuickBooks allows me to spend only a few minutes each day keeping books up to date. It certainly makes year-end a breeze. Lightspeed Analytics is an invaluable resource for forecasting and identifying areas of opportunity. Customer support is available 24/7 and if they aren't able to answer my question immediately, I have received a timely follow-up within a day or two.

There are some work-arounds that I have implemented. It would be nice to have the option for recurring billing and serial number tracking (not just adding a serial number to an item) as well as a better protocol for backordered items on Purchase Orders.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Rain POS

Warum Lightspeed Retail gewählt wurde: Easy choice. Transitioning from a local server based software to a cloud based system was the first priority. After seeing what else Lightspeed had to offer, I immediately made the change.

Zuvor genutzte Software: AIM

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Lightspeed Retail: When I was ready to purchase Rain, the sales team kept putting me off time and time again. If that was indicative of their customer service, I knew it wouldn't be the right fit for me.

Zondre
Zondre
General Manager in USA

Great integrated system

Kommentare: Lightspeed has been great. We have been using it for over a year and it has met my expectations. Whenever I request help, which isn't that often anymore they are quick to respond.

The best feature of LIghtspeed is the analytics package. As a senior manager you can spend a lot of time calculating your performance manually in excel. But the Analytics package takes care of all of that. It's easy to see the performance of your inventory, employees and marketing at any time. There are also a lot of apps that work with Lightspeed that make it the most functional POS system I've used. The fact that the ecommerce is integrated as well makes it a great fully integrated system. You could pay a lot more to piece together all the of the systems you need. Or you could spend a huge amount of money creating a custom system.

There are some small idiosyncrasies like not adjusting sync times for your local time zone. So, yesterday is never accurate you have to wait for the next days sync to get have accurate information. I would also like to be able to have our time management app sync employee time to Lightspeed so we don't have to enter it manually. I've given up on tracking employee hourly performance for this reason. Or if they offered a better time clock management natively that would help. I'd also like them to include the previous year comparisons in their dashboard. And, I'd like to look at seasonal performance rather than just month to month and week to week.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Clover, Shopify POS und Vend

Warum Lightspeed Retail gewählt wurde: I wanted a cloud based integrated system

Zuvor genutzte Software: Clover, Shopify POS und Vend

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Lightspeed Retail: I looked at a couple of others too that I can't remember. A lot of them had great features, but none of them had all of the features to have a fully integrated system for our customers to shop online or in person. And, none of them had the analytics tools that Lightspeed has.

Rosaline
Rosaline
Restaurant manager in Indonesien
Essen & Trinken, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Most complete and easy POS

Kommentare: Very easy to use

It is easy to use as you can search for the individual items and put items in categories. It also enable us to put in modifier on each item with additional price too

Very expensive compared to other POS. Only if the report format can be modified to be a little bit more simpler

Nerissa
Nerissa
Managing Owner/ Store Manager in USA

Great for Retail

We have been using Lightspeed for our retail firearm business and this has been very helpful for us in monitoring our sales and inventory. This is great for small businesses like us and priced reasonably.

None that i can think of. Lightspeed has been great for our business.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Square Point of Sale

Warum Lightspeed Retail gewählt wurde: Better in inventory management, control and audit for Lightspeed

Zuvor genutzte Software: Square Point of Sale

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Lightspeed Retail: Better in inventory management, control and audit for Lightspeed

Sarah
Sarah
Director in UK
Bekleidung & Mode, 2–10 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Avoid this system unless you wish to pay very high fees

1,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: We have used Vend for many years who were recently acquired by Lightspeed. I have no words for how bad Lightspeed and their company are, and I urge anyone considering using their platform to walk away and find an alternative.
They have recently demanded that all users convert to their integrated card payment system or face charges on their monthly accounts of up to £500. We were originally paying £89.99 per month for Vend, which was then increased with Lightspeed to £129.99 per month. To then be advised that if we don't use their card processing servicing, we could face charges of up to £500 per month is astounding and unethical. We were advised that one reason for this increase was due to the charges they incur for our business using other payment providers. This is utter rubbish; I myself use a static card terminal in a bricks-and-mortar shop. Lightspeed doesn't incur any processing charges, fees or inconveniences from my card terminal. After many, many emails back and forth with our account manager and following a call, he finally understood that, as a business, we were tied into a contract with our card supplier and could not move to their integrated service as they demanded.
I was advised that these additional fees would not be charged as we aren't in a position to move our card processing across to their systems. However, I have been told that my fees for the platform this month, based on our transactions, are now £250! When trying to speak with someone from customer services (surprise, surprise only possible online). I am told that this is because I am not using their integrated card processing service!!!
I wouldn't mind quite so much if the system had shown vast improvements or if they had introduced new fantastic facilities online. We have actually found the system to be slower than before and with many glitches with stock deduction and control. There hasn't been any improvement.
I don't know how Lightspeed is able to get away with behaviour that flagrantly ignores anti-competition laws in the UK.
I'm in the process of finding a company that provides an online platform and has an honest and trustworthy approach to business. Lightspeed is definitely NOT this company.

I was originally a customer with Vend and since Lightspeed purchased the company I can not see any Pros.

Too many to list, but the company ethics are poor and I am not sure how they get away with the anti-competition methods.

letzten Monat

Hi Sarah, We sincerely apologize for any distress you've experienced regarding unified payments. Please know that it is never our intention to cause inconvenience. Our goal is to simplify your operations and offer efficient support for both POS and payments services, ultimately saving you time and resources. Your Account Manager has reached out to you to discuss this matter further. We appreciate your patience as we diligently work to address your concerns. Best regards, The Lightspeed Team

melana
server in Kanada
Essen & Trinken, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

light speed review

Kommentare: very good, easy to use, learn and very quick to take guests orders, course meals, and send to Kitchen. our restaurant menu is always changing so its easy to add and remove items

its easy to use and train other servers on, you can colour coordinate and organize items how ever you'd like with drop down tabs

nothing it worked great for us. I would recommend to anyone

vor 2 Monaten

Hi Melana, Thank you for taking the time to share your review! We're thrilled to hear that Lightspeed has been easy to use, train others on, and customize according to your restaurant's needs. If you ever need further assistance or have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out. Best, The Lightspeed Team

James
Einzelhandel, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Lightspeed makes retailing easier.

The user interface was my first draw to Lightspeed. Ease of use and mostly easy workflows pulled me in. We also like the numerous integratabtle add ons available. The multi-store feature works well.

It did not believe in negative numbers but that is changing. We do not like that custom fields don't save the same way as other standard fields.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: QuickBooks Point of Sale

Warum Lightspeed Retail gewählt wurde: When we changed the interface of RetailPro was not very friendly.

Zuvor genutzte Software: QuickBooks Point of Sale

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Lightspeed Retail: We had multiple stores and we needed the transfer and multi-store management that Lightspeed offers. We were also looking for a point of sale that integrated well with ecommerce.

Shane
Director in Australien
Computer-Hardware, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Lightspeed Retail Changed the way we run out business

Kommentare: We migrated from Lightspeed Onsite to Lightspeed retail nearly a year ago now, and the move has been fantastic. I did a LOT of research before the move to ensure we could take our Onsite Data over. Actually turned out there was some Workorder data that wouldn't migrate, but the upside to move to retail outweighed this by a long way. (As as work around, we simply left LightSpeed Onsite running side by side to Retail, and refer back only occasionally to Onsite. Isn't as big a deal as I thought it would be) Lightspeed retail is quick and powerful. Inventory management is completely accurate, and keeping track of special orders for customers is a breeze. We used to keep manual systems in place to keep track, but these have been retired. Customer management is excellent, keeping track of who owes what and what customer has how much on deposit for special orders. Lightspeed retail also integrates easily into our Tyro POS system, making credit card payments easy and accurate, no fear of adding or worse, leaving a zero off of the bill. Work orders can be colour coded to show where jobs are up to, and we keep all customer notes in the system. With LS retail being cloud based, I can even send a tech out onsite with and iPad and a Mobile Payment device and invoice, take payment and close a job before the tech leave customer site. On top of this, I have integrated a third party application called Service Reign to manage emails to customers post job to glean customer feedback.

LS Retail is smart, accurate and quick. Inventory management is great, and reporting is comprehensive. This is everything we need to efficiently run our business. Being a cloud based system, we can track the business remotely.

LS Retail (coming from LS Onsite), can be a little clunky at first, however once you understand the work flow of the system, it all makes sense.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: RepairShopr

Warum Lightspeed Retail gewählt wurde: LS Retail is more powerful, and is cloud based, meaning no more backups required!

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Lightspeed Retail: The Lightspeed Retail platform made more sense

Amanda
Sales Associate in Kanada

Capital City Luggage

Kommentare: We are a retail and repair shop that has 1 location. We were looking at a way of integrating our online inventory to our retail, so our inventory can be managed. There are very few things we would change about this platform. Its nice that as the company develops, they listen to customers needs and make relevant changes based on that. It's almost a 1 stop shop for being able to run a successful business.

- ecom and retail link seamlessly -open and close cashes easy for staff -each staff has own login to track sales progress and customers - can limit staffs access to certain tabs that are irrelevant -painlessly easy to submit orders, and create new product -can easily provide quotes for potential customers -easy to do inventory checks from your cell phone, great for purchasing at trade shows or counting stock in warehouse.

Cons: -Limited integrated payments -Limited ways to get content linked to other selling platforms -Blog -doesn't do penny rounding for cash sales (canada doesn't use pennies) - creating a work order- we cannot add or remove tabs that show on work orders -system crashes during work hours, (bugs in system) approx every 3 months, which means we have to use manual receipts and cash only.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Shopify POS

Warum Lightspeed Retail gewählt wurde: We were looking at a way of integrating our online inventory to our retail, so our inventory can be managed.

Zuvor genutzte Software: Shopify POS

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Lightspeed Retail: lightspeed was easier to operate and was primarily pos based, shopify was primarily online based

Store Manager in USA
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great system for all small businesses

Kommentare: Excellent experience with Lightspeed, I would recommend this platform to any small or medium sized business.

Lightspeed is very user friendly and easy to teach employees how to use it. The reporting is top-notch and they even can help you create custom reports which was very important to us. Customer service is excellent and always very responsive.

It would be great if it came with a built in CRM or integrated with one like Salesforce. It's great for franchisees, as a small business, but for the franchisor it may not have all the functionality needed to roll it out to the entire corporate system.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Epos Now, Odoo, PHP Point of Sale, Clover, QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise, ERPLY und Revel Systems

Warum Lightspeed Retail gewählt wurde: Opsuite is not very user friendly, reporting was very lacking and clunky, and for what you get it's very expensive.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Lightspeed Retail: Had all the features we needed at a great value.

Tabak, 2–10 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Do not use Lightspeed for easy use

Kommentare: I really dislike Lightspeed, but most other companies do not want to take on the risk of CBD, so Im stuck with Lightspeed

nothing at all, i do not like this software

Loyalty program, discounts are hard long and aggravating to set up, customer service takes a long time to respond,

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Square Point of Sale und Cloverleaf

Warum Lightspeed Retail gewählt wurde: I wanted a more user friendly POS, smaller, more easily accessible

Zuvor genutzte Software: QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Lightspeed Retail: Because the other ones would not take CBD sales

letztes Jahr

Hello, Thank you for your feedback. It is our utmost priority to provide a product and service that allows our customers to focus on running their businesses with ease. We are sorry to hear you were less than satisfied. As we are unable to identify your account within our records, please feel free to contact our Customer Success team should you wish to provide further feedback. You may reach us at NoAM Toll-Free: +1 844 365-2868. Thank you, Lightspeed Commerce

Brian
Director of Retail Operations in USA

Don't Do It

Kommentare: Overall it was an entirely negative experience. The system crashed more than it was fully functional. On top of that, when requested, no one would get back in touch with you within a reasonable amount of time. Tech support was virtually inaccessible because of the amount of time the system spent crashed. I can't even begin to count the number of times the system would crash and of course when that happens you can't do any sales. most customers won't leave information for later transactions to be processed so we would literally lose thousands of dollars on a regular basis due to not being able to use the POS. Don't bother trying to explain that to anyone in their offices because you won't get anything out of it. WORD OF WARNING TO ANYONE CONSIDERING THIS POS SYSTEM. PLEASE CONSIDER ANY AND ALL OPTIONS BEFOREHAND AND IF YOU DO DECIDE TO GO WITH LIGHTSPEED, PLEASE CAREFULLY READ ALL THE FINE PRINT.

Nothing, I really have no positive things to say about Lightspeed Retail.

Apart from the fact that it is cloud based which caused so many connectivity problems (constantly unable to even connect to make sales) it also apparently means that Lightspeed owns all of your data once you no longer have a good standing account with them. What I mean by that is that once you no longer have lightspeed service, you can no longer look at your sales data without paying a $50 a month per location fee to access sales info. If a report didn't completely transfer when trying to download a csv file of a report, to bad. You don't get access to it any more.

Cynthia
Einzelhandel, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Disappointed in their business practices and how they stand behind what their employees sell you.

Kommentare: I'm still disappointed and now looking for another POS system. I fear Lightspeed will come up with more charges as I go along this year. If my employee sold a customer a product at a certain price, I would at least honor that for 1 year. Especially since I had been using that product for 4 months. Changing POS systems is very stressful and any company that does not stand behind what they sell, well, can you trust them?

Accuracy is very important and when I run a report or look at inventory it is correct.

The sales person told me I would have reports and I did for about 4 months, I was then locked out of the reports and could not pay my suppliers. I had to pay more money per month based on their employees mistake. I went with Lightspeed based on the monthly price. It is not completely what I needed for my store but the price was within my budget. Now I have to pay hundreds more per year so I can run one report to pay my suppliers. Be warned they do not stand behind their employees promises.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: KORONA POS und POS Nation for Retail

Warum Lightspeed Retail gewählt wurde: They told me they would import my inventory and have the description on the screen, they did the import a week later, and it did not include the tax, when they fixed that it duplicated all my inventory, weeks later they decided they could not fulfill the promises they made. I canceled my account and they still sent me a bill for the months after I canceled. I ask for RMA for hardware and they did not send. I paid for the shipping and then received 3 RMA labels. They still want me to pay for the software a month after their hardware left my store.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Lightspeed Retail: Price, which I was not given the correct information.

vor 11 Monaten

Hi, We would like to sincerely apologize for your recent experience, and we are sorry to hear you were less than satisfied with the services received. It is our utmost priority to provide products and services that allow our customers to focus on running their businesses with ease. If ever you would like to provide more feedback, please don't hesitate to reach our Customer Success Team via email at engage@lightspeedhq.com. Thank you, Lightspeed Commerce

Julie

Robust System Integrates Webstore and Brick- and - Mortar Store

Kommentare: I'm super happy with Lightspeed and I like how they have 24/7 customer service in case of a glitch. The staff is always very friendly and extremely knowledgeable.
I tried another service (Sunrise POS) when I first started out and the guy promised me the world. Little did I know it wasn't even geared for retail it was a restaurant system. I was totally taken advantage of, I had no one to call for support and ended losing over 5k.
Lightspeed is up front and caters to your needs. They are awesome!!

It's easy to use, It's easy to check on the store activity when I'm not there through my iPhone. It gives detailed reports on categories, vendors and daily sales. I love it because it manages the inventory on my website as well as my retail front. If I have 12 pieces listed on my web store and sell 4 in the store, it will deduct accordingly.

Nothing really. I wish some of the paid upgraded features were free.

Bekleidung & Mode, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Solid eCommerce Platform

Kommentare: I currently use both Lightspeed eCom & Retail (Omni-channel). This helps our retail store and online store stay synced and makes life easier for employees. Now, all POS sales and eCom sales are in one platform that is easy to use for our employees. If a customer purchases an item in our retail store, ecommerce inventory stays updated.

I really like that I am able to customize our website and integrate third party apps & APIs easily. And the customer service, the customer service is top notch! Through migration and implementation, the Lightspeed team was right there. At a moment's notice, I can chat with the team or give them a call. Although I may be a one-woman tech team, I have help! It's such a blessing to have a support team for our business. It has been easy to integrate all of our business critical resources and provide a more unified experience for our employees. Employees can access customer data, order data, shipping data, marketing data and product data in one platform. I've been able to customize our store template to our specific business needs and design requirements. It's been a developer's dream.

My main dislike is that I don't have FTP access to my files on LS servers. This would be extremely helpful to optimize our images as needed. I also would like to upload customer data myself. At this time, to upload customer data in bulk, I have to send the data to Lightspeed for import. More options for discounts and coupons would be helpful - BOGO, Buy 2 Get One, or FREE Shipping codes based on domestic addresses only (not international).

Ronald
Service Writer in USA
Maritime Wirtschaft, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Have been using CDK for many years for Maintience & Repair set opp DMS system.

Kommentare: Over all, I have always liked to way the system has operated, The functions and the data inputting controls are easier than most other DMS systems that i have tried.

I have always like the way the system is produced from the Service personnel's prospective & The way CDK tries to customize the product for each of the specific user's or Locations.

I think this system could be improved by having the ability to communicate with & Be programed with available patches to adapt the system to communicate and share info with all other outside vendor's and the coinciding systems that they use. Every company will have separate systems all that are needed for what type of Service it provides. - IE. *( Scheduling a Boat's launch for Valet Service or for Spring launch of boats for pickups ect. ) *( A customer Text communications program for Receiving, Sending or Monitoring text conversations ect.) Each will always require some type of outside applications like those for that specific company to operate and function more efficiently over what is offered in any DMS System. I believe this to be true for all software DMS company's on the market & this is including light speed EVO. Is it impossible to Make an Automotive or Marine type DMS system that all Info could be shared across to and back from any of The other software system types that are used externally? I believe that would be a great benefit for any and all company's that need a DMS Fixed operations type Repair or Maintience operating systems.

Rebekah
Manager in USA
Einzelhandel

Lightspeed Retail review from retailer

We have used Lightspeed Retail for over 2 years now for our seasonal retail business as well as a small wholesale operations that includes manufacturing/production. While small scale compared with many POS users, we have unique and demanding needs and have struggled to find a good software interface. Lightspeed has been a solid performer and worked well for us. We have a wide range of part time employees with various levels of tech savvy and expertise. Lightspeed is intuitive and user-friendly in basic procedure – checkout, returns, applying discounts, holding or suspending sales and adding customers. Lightspeed was on time with EMV-certified terminal support by the October 2015 deadline and has worked well with Cayan. Adding products is straightforward. We only use the most basic features of purchase orders and inventory management – we do not rely on Lightspeed to generate orders based on stock but those look like useful features for larger operations. Reporting is comprehensive and makes it easy to track sales and trends and reports are easily exported to Excel. Customer service has been prompt and when there are long wait times, you have the option to leave your number and receive a return call. Follow through on issues has been good and while there have been challenges, problems are resolved in a timely manner. For the products we produce, the “build” function works well to create the pieces from parts in inventory.

The main unresolved issue I have had with Lightspeed is that it rounds the cost of items to two decimal places. We deal in 100s of pieces that are fractions of a cent and therefore simply cannot track costs. All of these items show as have no cost which is extremely problematic and exponentially so when a piece is created from several “no cost” items. I was told almost two years ago that a fix had been requested by many customers and indeed it was listed several times in the “Lightspeed Ideas” but to my knowledge nothing has been done. If this could be fixed, Lightspeed would be an almost perfect POS solution for us! Also it is spendy. But I guess you get what you pay for.

Carley
owner in
Bekleidung & Mode, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Lightspeed is great on the front side, and a nightmare on the backside

Kommentare: -We switched to Lightspeed from ShopKeep because we needed to manage the inventory of our 5 locations in one place. That part works okay, once you figure out all the idiosyncrasies of the restock and reorder system. We had to hire a person just to manage the work-arounds we put in place to make Lightspeed a functional system for my business (because there are so many tedious extra steps).
-Feeling stuck is the worst feeling as a small business owner. Lightspeed make me feel stuck. I hit a new wall in the system regularly, and when I ask for what I need, the answer is ALWAYS "no, we can't do that." Some examples:
-The system does very little to tie sales and inventory together, it does next to nothing. You can export a sales report by item name, which is great. It tells you how many you sold, your sales numbers, and how many you have left. But the vendor information nor the department information for the sold items is not on the export. That makes the report useless in terms of knowing what vendors your business is coming from. Their answer is you can then export vendor sales separately. That is not helpful, because that export does not include item info or department info, nor does it tell you your on-hand inventory. There is not a single way in Lightspeed to view your sales and on-hand inventory in one place, and because their exported reports are so sparing of relevant information, I can't even create my own. This is a major flaw. With ShopKeep, at least I could get my data out of the system to manipulate it how I needed. With Lightspeed, I am SOL. -I don't even call customer service anymore because 100% of the time all they do is validate the problem and then offer no solution. Their consistent response is to tell me to make a suggestion to their developers. -I have been in business 10 years. We have 5 locations, and a website. I have 40 employees. I think Lightspeed would work for a single location or 2 location business. But any more than the system creates more work than it takes away. Looking back, I wish I would have stayed with Shopkeep.

The check-out system is nice and easy. For multi-locations it is helpful to see sales and inventory in one place.

-there is no flexibility in the system. The way Lightspeed wants you to see and retrieve your data is the ONLY way you can get your data. And their way 90% of the time is not relevant to the basic needs of a retailer to analyze and evaluate their business. -Customer Service is not responsive. The company does not seem willing to listen to complaints or provide work arounds to the rigidity of the system. - The eCom site is FULL of problems that they do not have a handle on. There are many limitations with the way you have to present information on the site. -It's very expensive for what you get. I was willing to pay a premium for a system I was told would exceed our needs and expectations. For the 2 things it does well, there are 98 headaches. -They do not offer refunds or a way out of your contract if you are unhappy.

Clif
Owner in
Restaurants, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

This company is all about sales and has no interest in fairness or retaining customers.

Kommentare: I run a tiny seasonal business for which this system was intended. If someone is unhappy with my service, refunding their money is not always my first approach, but if I know that I've fallen short on service, I absolutely look for a fair solution. I was fine with keeping the hardware originally sent to me and even paying for the time lapse on the software, but to say that all software sales are final when they are the one that set the contract lengths to being with is just shady and downright distasteful. It's not like they put money into developing software just for my company. In fact, any time I tried to get support to help tweak things, their support team seemed more annoyed than willing to help. Stay away from these guys.

I barely used this product. What sold me on it initially were the demos in being able to have a simple interface for my employees on both the retail and restaurant side and a much more detailed backend than square that supposedly integrates nicely with Quickbooks.

I was very specific about my operating needs. I am also very busy with small children and multiple businesses. The onboarding was described as very simple, and it was not. I needed three systems, and was told that was what I was paying for. They shot me an invoice which I did not read thoroughly enough. They put in fine print on the invoice that the invoice and payment is acceptance or their sales terms which you have to then go to their website to read. Once I asked for the hardware items that they did not send me, they also charged me for a bunch of extra software that were not part of the original sales discussion or even the second sales discussion. They never refunded me for two years of unused software when I decided that I was not interested in doing business with such a shady company. No class.

Antwort von Lightspeed

Hello Clif, We would like to apologize for the service experience you had with Lightspeed. It is our utmost priority to provide a product and service that allows our customers to focus on running their businesses with ease. We appreciate the feedback you have given us on our sales and onboarding processes and will be taking it into account in the future to ensure a better experience for other Lightspeed customers. In regards to amending your contract, we would again like to apologize for any confusion or miscommunication. We had hoped the offer we presented and discussed in detail would have allowed us to move forward in your relationship with Lightspeed. Once again, we apologize for your experience and that the decision we reached was not the outcome you desired. We appreciate your understanding, Customer Success Team Lightspeed

Al
General Manager in USA
Möbel, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

The negatives far outweigh the positives for this software

Kommentare: I could go on further about the cons of this POS system, but I ran out of available space in the "cons" field. Overall, the cons far outweigh the pros for this system in our application. On top of that, I was essentially coerced into switching from Lightspeed OnSite, which worked almost perfect for us, to LightSpeed Retail. I was told that after March 31st, I would no longer be able to use OnSite anymore. So I had to switch to something else, regardless, or so I was told. Well, little did I know that OnSite is still able to be used since we had originally purchased the perpetual license back in 2012. I'm trying to make Retail work for me, but it's highly likely that we either switch back to OnSite or to something else altogether.

It's very convenient that it's cloud based, allowing me to access my POS from anywhere. The payment processing is very quick. For commission based employees, it's nice to be able to assign employee credit to different line items on a single sale. The inventory matrix tool is very convenient when it comes to editing wholesale and retail pricing. That's about where the positives end for me in regards to this POS system.

*Individual customers can only have a single sale/layaway/special order at a time. I hope you don't deal with commercial accounts that send their orders to you using separate POs. There's no way to separate different orders from a customer. It all gets put on the same sale/layaway/special order. *If I send a purchase order to a vendor for 10 items, but that vendor is only able to ship me 5 of those items immediately, and will ship the other 5 once available, I have to delete the 5 backordered items off of that PO in order for the "finished" PO to match the invoice sent by the vendor for the 5 items that did ship immediately. Once the PO is "finished" in retail, I'm unable to edit it or add the backordered items back to it. *So I need to make a completely new PO with those backordered items and reference the original PO in the notes so I can trace it when those backordered items do finally ship. *There's no easy way to view all customer layaways/special orders and the information/notes within each one. *The "Company Name" field of a customer account doesn't show up on the customer lists. *Trying to print labels is a really goofy process. *I'm unable to change the "ship to" address on purchase orders if I need a product shipped to different locations, example: drop shipping directly to customer. *There's no way to print a customer packing slip for deliveries or shipments. *Discounts are applied to total quantity cost of line items, instead of each item individually.

Antwort von Lightspeed

Hi Al, We would like to apologize for your recent experience with Lightspeed. We see that you are currently working with a member of our Customer Success Team who are best suited to get you the assistance you need. We value our customers' feedback, and would be grateful to have the opportunity to address your needs and concerns. Thank you, Lightspeed POS

Dave
Owner / Head Meeple in USA

Fantastic Inventory Management

Kommentare: We've been open a little over three years. When we first opened, we explored over a dozen Point of Sale systems including Revel, Shopkeep, Vend, Lightspeed Retail, Square, and several others. We decided on Lightspeed, but discovered they didn't have a clear roadmap for Apple Pay, and so we went with our second choice, Shopkeep. Shopkeep was fantastic for the first year, but as our inventory grew (we carry over 10,000 unique SKUs), it's inventory management features started to feel sluggish, and receiving orders each week started to take a significant amount of time. During our second year, we started reevaluating all the players again, and setup a trial account with Lightspeed Retail. Certain things seemed counter intuitive at first - if we mistakenly created an item, we couldn't simply delete it, for example. This is because Lightspeed Retail strives to preserve all financial and transactional data; since an item could contain a sales history, it can't be deleted. Instead, it's archived, and can be restored to visibility with the click of a button. Over time, we've come to appreciate this feature, and the sheer amount of data that is provided through the system. Inventory Counts can be done quickly - grab an iPad and a bar code scanner, and just start scanning items on your slat wall, shelf, or other display area. When you're done, you can review the counts, reconcile them, and get information on shrinkage, etc. Acquiring product and receiving it is a breeze. We can build our POs in Lightspeed Retail - using trigger points or by simply adding items to an open PO. We can then email that PO directly to our distributor, who processes it. When the items come in, we can quickly receive them either using a barcode scanner, keying in the item counts line by line, or doing a visual confirmation and clicking the "receive everything and do the right thing" buttons. Printing labels with barcodes is a breeze. What really sets Lightspeed apart is their service. I can honestly say that I have no idea how to setup the label printer on our Lightspeed system, because whenever we install a new laptop or desktop that needs access, I simply chat with Lightspeed support and they remote into our system and do the right thing. When we set our printer up the first time, the print was a little too far to the left for my liking. They tweaked the templates on the fly, with me offering help like "No, a little more to the right" until it was done. They're insanely helpful.

- Excellent Purchase Order Workflow - Easy tool to do inventory counts quickly - (Beta) Import Tool makes it easy to bulk load new items, or update existing ones - Supports custom fields to add additional information to items (Release Dates, for example) - Phone and online support is fantastic

- May seem pricey if you aren't leveraging all the features - Limited barcode scanner compatibly - Custom fields are not currently searchable