Organized work

Bewertet am 2.9.2019
Vinicius A.
Designer

Kommentare: We used several other task managers before, but no one in the team became adapted. I had a great first impression of Teamwork, compared to others it has a interface much more inviting and enjoyable to use. And in 6 months of use we can see that they are continually making improvements. We are happy with this choice and using it daily.

Vorteile: A quite complete task editing, can add tasks and subtasks, estimate time, billing, responsibles, and a lot other important and nice stuff. But what was really important for our team is the maintenance and display of time in the information of each task, the application generates a table, with the start and end time, and counts the total time invested. This feature is activated with a play/pause button; after a project for example, the user can display a report with all tasks done and the time accounted for each one of them, as well as the total assigned.

Nachteile: The home screen has a dashboard, although I didn't see much value in it, as you need to record every detail of each job for some minimally useful information. Like other tasks managers, it doesn't do everything I need, and I end up using other applications. It has a desktop timer app that is completely different from the platform design, it looks like from another product. I did not use it because I always have Teamwork open in the browser, and there each task has its own counter.

von Teamwork.com an 4.9.2019

Hi Vinicius,

Thank you for the review of Teamwork Projects. It's great to hear that our software met your needs over others. We have worked hard to bring you the best features possible.

Our timing and task counters have become quite the feature in our software! We are sorry to hear that you need other applications for some needs. If there is anything in particular needed, you could always forward us a Feature Request over at support@teamwork.com and our Customer Champions will have a look to see if it could be built into the product!

Nancy at Teamwork :)

Teamwork is an affordable and robust project management software tool

Bewertet am 4.8.2019

Kommentare: Teamwork Projects has a lot going for it. They are constantly adding features and options that make it more user friendly, and address a lot of small business needs where many other project management software apps just focus on the project aspect, and neglect the money and expenses. Our only gripe is that they don't have a better invoicing system so we could run even more of our business with one application.

Vorteile: I was surprised at how much you get for the price with Teamwork out of the box. It has built in time tracking, an extensive notifications system that let's you choose how often you want to receive updates and what you want to receive them about, and a great thing is bulk edit of tasks.

Nachteile: The invoicing system is too basic. You can create an invoice and add expenses, however, there are not a lot of options here. Also, the API doesn't allow for you to go in and do too much which is something that would really appeal to our team of developers.

von Teamwork.com an 8.8.2019

Hi there,

Thank you for your review of Teamwork Projects. We were delighted to hear that you enjoyed the features of the software, and that it has helped with your organisation.

Invoicing system issues - we've got you! I've passed this feedback over to our Projects Champion, Julie, who will have a look into this request for you! Can you email us over at support@teamwork.com with more details on the feature request?

At TImes Complicated, But a Powerful Project Management Software

Bewertet am 26.7.2019
Katie C.
Digital Services Director

Kommentare: Teamwork is a poweful project management software that really means business. It can take a little getting used to, but once you have it mastered, it's great. Being able to connect to Google Drive is helpful for sharing documents. Additionally, the desktop app is amazingly functional, which is rare with software.

Vorteile: The organization of data, being able to collaborate, implemented chat/ticket submission, Google Drive integration.

Nachteile: Sometimes, this software can seem complicated to use. This is nothing a little bit of training and consistent use can't help, but worth noting.

von Teamwork.com an 8.8.2019

Hey there Katie,

Thanks for getting in touch and leaving us some feedback on Teamwork Projects! It was great to hear that we have helped you with organisation and collaboration - that seems to be a #win for both you and us here at Teamwork.

Leaving curves aren't always nice or easy, however, we have put a number of resources into this to help with the process. Our webinars are run daily, alongside multiple on-demand webinars, which will help with any on-boarding and initial learning of the software.

In addition to this, our support team are available 24/7 to suit all timezones and work schedules. They can give you demos on the software or answer any feature related questions! Just pop them an email over at support@teamwork.com - they are a fantastic bunch, I promise!

More than Project Management

Bewertet am 27.6.2019
Eric L.
Operations Manager
Verlagswesen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I've loved communicating with customer service at Teamwork from day 1. They're super-response—like, they're so quick to answer questions and offer help. We often use Teamwork Project in ways that aren't traditionally "project management projects," and so I've had to ask the support team at Teamwork how I might utilize the functionality to get the desired end results. And you know what? They've come back with solutions more often than not, even taking the time to prepare a demo that we'd web conference through.

Vorteile: • Teamwork is always innovating and releasing new features/functionality. And they are great at publicizing the new features/functionality, allowing you to beta test, and all the while it doesn't screw up the work you've been doing.
• It's cloud-based.
• It's packed full of things you'll likely never use, but because there's so much stuff, the core of what you use it for is that much better.
• The design is elegant.

Nachteile: • The exported reporting functionality isn't always as attractive as I'd like, but that may have changed since I last used it. Our team does use import/export for the management of tasks, and that's been a godsend for many of our projects. So, really, not too much to dislike.

von Teamwork.com an 18.7.2019

Hi Eric,

Thanks for the feedback on Teamwork Projects! We were so happy to see a 10/10 score from you - we agree, but might be slightly biased!

Features, features, and more features! Our team like to keep busy and innovative to bring our customers the best possible product, so we are glad to see that you like them!

Great news Eric, we are working on improvements for the export feature so bare with us and it will be better than ever before!

As a final note, thank you for the feedback for our amazing support team! We couldn't agree more, they are a fantastic bunch - and now are available 24/7! I'll be sure to pass on your kind words to the team!

Nancy at Teamwork :)

Enough structure to encourage good project management practices

Bewertet am 4.6.2019
Philip T.
Director of Informatics and Technology
Hochschulbildung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Our overall experience is very positive. We have used it on website design and development and web application projects. In both cases team members are documenting and managing their work more effectively. There are still features we haven't got around to using, but that is always a challenge when you are adopting a new product. You need to balance the need to document and track with operational demands.

Vorteile: On that spectrum of project management products with collaboration tools at one end and products for managing large enterprise projects at the other, this product fits somewhere in the middle. It has more structure than products like Asana or Trello (we have used both of these), but is still very flexible, allowing you to organize your projects and tasks using categories, portfolios and tags. Powerful filtering extracts the specific tasks you need for reporting purposes. Milestones, estimates, risks, comments and other features allow you to keep everything in one place, if you wish to. The API allows us to submit tagged client requests directly into the product, which is very useful.

Nachteile: Occasional feature updates can modify the user experience, but that is true of all cloud-based SaaS products. There is really nothing negative I can think of.

von Teamwork.com an 20.6.2019

Hi there Philip,

Thank you for the feedback on Teamwork Projects. Our team loved hearing that Teamwork Projects has given you more structure in your work but still remaining flexible in use.

We do understand your note on the feature updates. We try to keep disruption to a minimum, but your satisfaction is always our main aim!

Make sure to stay in touch with us on support@teamwork.com if you ever have any issues or would like to submit a feature request, or just want to share the #teamworklove with the team.

Nancy at Teamwork

My favorite project management tool

Bewertet am 23.10.2018
Christopher J.
Digital Demand Generation Manager

Kommentare: I used this for over 2 years and loved how easy it made it to manage projects at work. It was easy, at a glance, to see exactly what I needed to do for that day and what I had coming up. Overall, it was a wonderful experience

Vorteile: Teamwork Projects had a number of amazing features that took it above and beyond other tools like this. The way projects were setup was incredible. You initially setup the project, then the milestones and then tasks against each milestone. Each task can be broken up into sub-tasks which will automatically create a dependency for the parent tasks. However, you can also set a dependency between tasks too. If you have a series of repeating tasks you can actually create these as a template so you can quickly add this list to a project. When you add this list you get to set the assignments and dates which allows it to be customized to each project. The collaboration is another feature that is top notch. Comments will automatically be sent via email but Teamwork takes it a step further. You can respond to these emails with specific replies that allow you to manage tasks (such as create new ones, add hours to them or even close/complete a task). Teamwork also has a chat platform built in. This platform allows you to manage tasks as well. Finally, Teamwork Projects also seamlessly integrates with a number of 3rd-party platforms (like Google Drive or Slack) to make your life easier.

Nachteile: The initial setup and learning curve can be a little steep. The other thing that can quickly be a problem is the amount of space you have available. If you are uploading a number of files for each project that space quickly fills up. It is minor but an extra thing you have to manage.

Very Robust Project Management Platform

Bewertet am 16.10.2018
Josh O.
Co-Founder | Digital Marketing Strategist
Quelle: GetApp

Vorteile: We've used TeamWork for years and it's great in many ways. First, it's our living To-Do list where all tasks can be organized by project, goal, team, etc across the company. Everyone can comment and communicate through the task threads (which sync to email). The ability to chain tasks together is one of the best features (and at times has been the main reason we didn't switch to other platforms). When Task A is checked off, it notifies via email the person in charge of the next task in the chain. This keeps work moving, and that's the biggest help. It also connects to Drive to store relevant files alongside tasks and logs team time for billing. You can give limited view access to clients if you need to.

Nachteile: I would say that the main downfall is that I can't accurately predict my team's workload week to week. The tasks can be chained together and given start/end dates, etc but when it comes to how all those assignments and their estimated times apply to my employees' work week, there's very little functionality to forecast this. I would love to be able to drag a task that is estimated for 2 hours to an employee's calendar and stack these up to see how their week fills up. Can't do anything like that. Best they have is a blanket 'workload' view that shows how many estimated hours are calculated for tasks that start or end in a given week. But when you have 30 projects and 100s of tasks floating around, it gets cumbersome to organize everyone's efforts. TL;DR : Great for planning project tasks/deliverables, but not so much for managing staff schedules/workload. There aren't many options for learning how best to use the program, actually, which is frustrating for a small startup just figuring things out. Their training videos are basic and support pros don't really help you customize the tool to fit your unique business organization needs. They refer you to third party professionals for consulting on that front. I've had to hunt down how-to's and advice elsewhere. That said, their tech support tickets are usually addressed fairly quickly, but I've gotten the same message reply many times "Yes that's a great feature, but we don't offer it yet." Also, my personal pet peeve about TeamWork PM, is the mobile app sucks. The desktop interface is great (plenty of drag and drop ease of use) but the mobile version is clunky and much less organized or helpful in terms of viewing my team's workload and task sorting.

Nancy at Teamwork.

TeamWork Projects Incorporates Project Notebooks, Customer Portal and OS-Agnostic Desktop Timer

Bewertet am 12.8.2018
Vernessa T.
Freelance Writer
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Overall, TeamWork (formerly TeamworkPM) is worth the monthly or annual fee. I've used TeamWork for more than 8 years and while I don't have a need to use it daily, I go to it for special projects and when I need a different kind of project control than I get with Apptivo. The interface is pretty, with soothing colors. The TeamWork crew creates excellent help documentation that's easily found in a comprehensive knowledgebase, they now have some full-fledged free online courses, and they included a customer support and feedback system within the dashboard. And then there's this: Transparency via a visual roadmap and update system on the TeamWork website that actually gets updated on a regular basis. Yes, I like skipping over to the website to see what are the latest fixes and what goodies they're planning.

Vorteile: Whiteboards are great but even the developers of TeamWork Projects (formerly TeamworkPM) were tired of trying to make them do the work of a real project management system. That's how I came across TeamWork Projects 8 years ago -- tossing aside the whiteboards and comparing online project management applications. TeamWork ultimately rose to the top because it either includes features I felt were must-haves or they had those features on the roadmap to deal with in the near future. TeamWork has task-level time-tracking and incorporates a desktop timer that I use on both my Windows and Linux versions computers. TeamWork was one of the few online project management applications that incorporated a file manager early on AND had the foresight to include it in the permissions system (important so all stakeholders have access to the files they need). I've used it for mock-ups, contract change-orders, and project photos. There is a project notebook system that is far superior to a so-called project wiki found in other project managers. I use it to keep notes, format them to look like real documents (not just a bunch of text notes), and export out in a format that is useful to project owners and clients. This was important enough that it would have been a dealbreaker if it wasn't included: the means to allow stakeholders (especially clients) to log in to see progress on their projects, participate in project-specific discussions, and access project-related files.

Nachteile: TeamWork's free tier is less generous than some of the other highly rated project management apps. Keeping up with the times, they've lately added a Kanban view (but it costs extra). But why the boards view is an add-on instead of integrated into the main projects beats me and makes me call this a welcome feature that is also a CON. Although TeamView has native integrations for GMail, HubSpot, and Harvest, I think it relies too much on its (well-developed and well-documented API) for integrations with the majority of the world of business applications. Of course, there are hundreds of Zapier workarounds. Still, I think TeamWork is strong enough to have better integration and less cobbled recipes.

Nancy at Teamwork.

Couldn't live without this product to manage my business

Bewertet am 3.1.2018
Matthew G.
Owner, Founder

Kommentare: Couldn't live without it to manage my daily business workflow. I couldn't be so precise with my time tracking either, which is important for billing my clients. I usually work solo, but recently have hired additional help. The collaboration tools are awesome. I also use Teamwork Desk to create a slick support system with help from other reps. I'm a small operation, but look darn professional.

Vorteile: Helps me manage all aspects of my business from workflow, to billing. Seriously, it's such a valuable part of my daily workflow, that there hasn't been a day that I haven't used it when working. Also, recently I wasn't super pleased with a couple of the changes to the timer, which is very important to my billing workflow. I make suggestions to support. They listened and updated the timer! It's a complete package. I know there are other options, but honestly, I'm not sure they're as complete. Oh, and they sent me some sweet holiday swag! I wish I could post pictures of me wearing it!!

Nachteile: The ONLY aspect that I am not the enamored by, are some of the "improvements" they push out in the spirit of improvements. All SASS products go through a similar life cycle. For example, the UI may not have been super sexy but I liked the ease of use of the task filters. It was basic, simple. They updated it, and imho, make it's less open and the UI isn't as friendly. The flip side to that is, they do listen when you submit feedback. In some cases going as far as modifying the product based on your feedback. For example, as stated above, they updated the task timer and it wasn't functional. It was a hot mess. BUT they modified it based on my feedback and now it rocks. Thanks guys for listening.

von Teamwork.com an 8.1.2018

Hey Matthew,

Thank you for your detailed review of Teamwork Projects.

Glad to hear you couldn't live without out products!

Regards,
Deborah

Overall Teamwork is very easy to use. A lot of features and options to easily manage projects.

Bewertet am 27.12.2017
Manager of Information Technology
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge

Vorteile: Teamwork provides many features to help manage your project from start to finish. The features are robust and offer flexibility along the way. It's very easy to add users, assign permissions, and assign tasks. To get started, Teamwork offers an easy way to import tasks from an Excel spreadsheet. The feature I like best is email communication tracking. When you add a comment to a task and send it to the assigned resources, all email responses are automatically captured on the same task. This helps prevent key decisions or conversations from being lost in off line email threads. For larger projects the Overview (dashboard) is very nice. At a glance, you get a quick overview of the project status and who tasks are assigned to. Additionally, you can drill into most Overview items to get additional information. For example, if you click on Late Tasks, you get a list of all tasks past their assigned due date and the assigned resource.

Nachteile: Teamwork lacks a few features that would make it easier to use.
- It's difficult to move individual tasks in mass to a new Task List or Sub-Task group. Tasks must be moved individually because you can't select multiple tasks at once. If you have a lot of tasks to move it can be tedious.
- Project reporting capabilities are adequate but not overly robust. Most of the built-in project inquiry features are very good so reporting is not necessary unless you need to produce a report in a PDF format to email. When creating a report, you have pretty good control over what type of tasks are included but what is missing is the ability to select which columns you want or don't want. Additionally, you can't save a report filtering options for future use. You have to reselect your options every time you want to run the same report.

von Teamwork.com an 26.1.2018

Hi there,

Thank you for your detailed review of Teamwork Projects.

Great to hear that Teamwork Projects is essential to your team to track your projects and much more.

We offer free daily live webinars, by joining our webinars you will learn how to use specific features, find out about Teamwork best practice and hear about new updates. Feel free to join these at anytime, this will also be useful if you are training a new user to use Teamwork Projects https://www.teamwork.com/webinars.

Kind Regards,
Deborah

Productivity in full effect

Bewertet am 21.12.2017
Brett G.
Quelle: GetApp

Vorteile: Teamwork is great for not only a team of people, but for the individual user as well. I run a small accounting business and I'm my only employee. Teamwork allows me to set up tasks and projects that are both one-off tasks and regularly reoccurring tasks. As I check off the tasks that need to be done today, I can look forward to the rest of the week and get a good reminder of what is coming up. It also allows me to invite clients into the tasks so they can see the status of where I am at in a project we have agreed upon. They can upload documents, make comments. I can use a basic time-tracking tool to make sure I'm not estimating my time spent incorrectly. The extra time I have to spend upfront to get the tasks and templates created is well worth the time when a new client comes along. I don't have to recreate the wheel, or think extra hard at remember what I did last time. I can simply apply a template of tasks for any given project that is needed and we are set and rolling! This is one of the best tools I've discovered for running my practice.

Nachteile: For tasks that are set as reoccurring, their display of the tasks isn't the best. I click the task as complete and it immediately populates the next instance of that task right below the one I completed. I have to pay special attention to the tasks for this reason when checking stuff off. I have often checked the next month's task off after clearing the current one. When I uncheck the following month's task as actually not completed, it does not remember the future events that were created, thus making my task list look much larger than it actually is.

Ease to Use and Continually Evolving

Bewertet am 10.9.2017
Jessica D.
Product Development & Project Management
Onlinemedien, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It allowed me to manage multiple large projects at 1 time and collaborate with employees that were not heavy users. The ability to have tasks reoccurr and launch new projects from templates freed up staff to focus on other important areas of The business. The same account was used to manage multi service clients efficiently, especially with remote staff. The flexibility of privacy setting truly allowed for complete communication tracking without requiring communications being omitted to ensure a client didn't see it. As an administrator, I am able to take over a user account to manage every aspect of their account. Administrators can limit a users project view to only their assignments, which prevented a user from feeling overwhelmed. The system is very flexible. Like many other PM systems, outlining how the users are expected to interact with the system is critical. Doing this, allowed me to migrate projects from Central Desktop to Teamwork in a week.

Vorteile: The UI is simple to understand, the number of efficient features is phenomenal and integrations with enterprise systems like Salesforce are easy to complete.

Nachteile: There are some small nuances of the search could be better, project specific calendars would be a huge asset and allowing an entire project to be imported by csv would be incredible.

von Teamwork.com an 11.9.2017

Hi Jessica,

Thank you for your review.

Great to hear that you are having a positive experience with a number of our features and with the simplicity of setting up integrations.

We will add the search capabilities and project specific calendars to our feature request list, have a look at our roadmap for upcoming features and developments.

In relation to importing a full project by csv, the following video will show you how to do so using an Excel file https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzGX7yh-4C4

Feel free to get in touch with us at support@teamwork.com if you need.

Wes

Teamwork Makes Managing My Teams Easy. If 5 Employees Save One Minute Per Day, I Get My Money Back

Bewertet am 7.7.2017
Mckay S.
Consultant
Professionelles Training & Coaching, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It makes collaboration from many remote team members really easy. Nothing is forgotten and all communication is centralized in one place.

Vorteile: It is really easy to add tasks quickly using the "quick add" feature. I also think that the organization works really well. The software is organized by Projects, Milestones, Task Lists, and Tasks. These help you really think through and plan what you are doing. Milestones force you to actually have a plan for your projects and not just go about doing day to day tasks. You can comment on almost anything. We noticed after using Teamwork that it didn't make much difference if you were in the office or remote because the collaboration is so quick and easy. For example, if you comment on a task, you can have the comment sent to someone's email. The person who receives it can just reply to the email and the response is saved as a comment in the task! This means that all those conversations are right there for anyone working on it to reference. No more tracking down email strings. It is really easy to look back and see how much time you have been spending on a client. The time tracking features are also very good. You can see very customized time reports and the workload report, which gives you a forecast of the workload for future time periods. This helps you assign out work. Teamwork support is also top-knotch and very responsive.

Nachteile: I think they could offer to let you have 4 projects at a time instead of just two in the free version. It can be difficult to take advantage of all the features of Teamwork because it is so robust and has a lot of features.

von Teamwork.com an 27.7.2017

Hi McKay,

Thank you for your review.

Great to hear about the positive impact Teamwork Projects is having for you and your team.

The collaboration and tracking within Teamwork Projects makes it a powerful tool, not to mention all the other features.

Wes

This product has made my life so much easier

Bewertet am 30.3.2017
Christina P.
UX Designer
Computer-Software, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I am a big fan of Teamwork Projects! I am a UX designer and I had a problem in my company where all of my research files, notes, recordings, ideas, etc. were stored in a number of different places and I needed a way of keeping this information in a single place with the easy ability for other people to see it and to easily search and find what I need. Before Teamwork I would spend ages trying to track down files that I knew existed somewhere, or wanting other people to look at files that turned out to be saved on my local machine. Since discovering Teamwork all of that has changed. It has such a clean and easy UI that makes it very easy to organise my work. The search functionality is great, and the licensing does not charge per user so I can give everyone from my company a login if they want. On top of that, Teamwork has a whole bunch of features that I didn't realise I needed until I used them, and now I could not live without them. Within each project I can attach files, I can forward emails straight into the messages section, I can add a list of tasks and check them off once complete, I can record deadlines and time worked on a project, and I can record any risks the project has with severity levels and impacts. I can even setup people from outside of my company and give them limited access to certain files. Teamwork has amazing capabilities whilst being simple and easy to use. I really cannot recommend it enough. And at such a reasonable price for licenses I would struggle to find an equivalent competitor out there. I have only given it 4/5 stars for features and functionality purely because there is one extra feature I would love to see (if I could have done 4.5 I would have but alas it does not allow half stars on this site). The only thing that is stopping the rest of my company from logging in and looking at all my files is that they need to remember another login. If they could add single sign on and allow it to integrate to other systems we use (such as the atlassian products) then I would be able to get many more people in my company using it.

Vorteile: I love how easy to use it is!! I can gather many different file types (including emails) in one location, and I know exactly where to go to find them later. On the off-chance you cannot find something, the search functionality is great. I spend most of my time either adding files, messages, notebooks or links. I don't often use the time or billing sections, but I can see how they would be useful to other people.

Nachteile: The only thing I would like to see improved/changed is I would like the ability to have single sign on with some other common tools, such as the atlassian suite. If people in my company did not have to have ANOTHER login to another product then so many more people would use it.

von Teamwork.com an 12.4.2017

Hi Christina,

Thanks so much for the great review. We really appreciate you taking the time to write it. I've passed on your feedback with the rest of the team here and we're all delighted to hear that you've had such a positive experience with Teamwork Projects. You'll be glad to hear that single sign on is really close to being released. So your team will be able to use it very shortly .

Thanks again for the great review. If you'd be interested in working on a case study with us just shoot us a message to marketing@teamwork.com.

Overall good experience on Teamwork

Erin B.
Lead Program Manager

Kommentare: Teamwork has been incredibly helpful to us. One thing about our company is we work in segments, so we have about 20 "categories" of Projects, yet we can't do anything around those categories. I would like to view things with the Project Category as the filter. Milestones for a specific category of projects, tasks for a specific category of projects, add new or existing users to a specific category of projects. This would make our interaction with Teamwork incredibly more useful. I appreciate all the work that has come out over the summer to update the code base making it easier to add new features. And I have been excited about a lot of the features coming out. I would love to see a more robust JIRA integration (rather than just Zapier) since our company uses JIRA on the product/dev side and Teamwork on the operational/project management side.

Vorteile: How customizable it is by project and within a project. The ability to set permissions and privacy on almost anything in a project.

Nachteile: Adding users to specific projects at a mass project level is not easy. I would like to be able to both add users and filter items (milestones, task lists, activity, Everything items) by Category of the Project. I would like to report on Category of project. I would also like more ways of exporting the milestones in an easier to read report. We want to use milestones as a way to get our entire company in-the-know of upcoming items. But we have so many overlapping milestones the calendar view doesn't work, and the exported excel list isn't appealing for a quick read.

Hi Erin,

Thanks so much for the review. We really appreciate you taking the time to write it. We're glad to hear that you've had a good experience with Teamwork Projects.

I'll pass on all your feedback to the team here for consideration.

Nicer dashboards and metric, departments and improved reporting are all on our roadmap (https://www.teamwork.com/roadmap).We hope to have them released very soon. I think these will help solve a lot of your issues.

If theres anything else you can think of that we can do to help improve your experience with Teamwork Projects, please get in touch.

Best reagards,
Therese

Great software use it all the time

Joe B.
Principal
Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Hi Teamwork Team, We have been using Teamwork PM for a while now and found in general it works fairly well for what we do. We are a consulting engineering company doing projects that range from a few thousand to a few million dollars. Right now we have eight employees but have had as high as 11. We often have lots of projects in various stages and we have clients for which we operate on an "on-call" basis. For example, right now we have 48 open projects. Obviously, with eight employees we can't be working on all of them at the same time and several are clients for which we have an "on-call" contract with so we keep at task list called "on-call" open with those clients. It helps to keep some visibility for all the clients we have active. One of our biggest frustrations with clients is and TeamworkPM is we can't suspend a group of tasks or a task list and then have it not show up as a late set of tasks, etc. We often have a client suspend tasks we are working on because they do not have permits ready, are still working on funding, or have to wait for something else they are working on to be completed. We can take the end date out of tasks but then we lose the history of when the task was originally supposed to be completed. The same happens if we simply extend the end date. We have tried putting a label on the tasks that say "suspend" but they still show up as late tasks. It would be really great to be able to suspend a task/task list and then it is essentially frozen and is not reported in late tasks until we unsuspend it. Also, it would be great if we could make the standard notebook default to be "This is just a little change" because we often use the notebooks to record conference call notes during the call. If someone forgets to click, "This is just a little change" then we end up with multiple versions of the notes. It would be great if there were better integration between the GNATT chart in TPM and Microsoft Project. While we are not fans of MS Project, we have clients that want their reports in MSProject. The conversion from TPM to MS Project can take some effort since MS Project is more detailed when dealing with critical path and dependencies. The last issue is how to get employees to really use it and keep it up to date! :-) Maybe an electric shock in their chair! :-) As with any tool, one has to use it for it to be successful. Overall, we like the tool. I will also say the Customer service has been awesome.

Vorteile: It is:
Relatively easy to use
Flexible
Makes it easier to manage projects
Great value
Great customer service

Nachteile: No off-line version for when working in an airplane
No way to suspend a task or task list

von Teamwork.com an 5.4.2017

Hi Joe,

Thanks so much for the great review. We really appreciate you taking the time to write it. We're delighted to hear your positive feedback.

Regarding suspended tasks - you can choose to add due dates or not to a tasks. They will always appear to be late if they are not completed before the due date assigned. There is no plan to change this right now. But I'll pass on your suggestion. A work around could be changing due dates and adding comments under the tasks or in their description with the initial dates. You could also add suspended tags to these tasks. This way you'll be able to track all the details on the task.

I'll pass on your suggestions about improving the Gantt, Notebook and MSProject integration.

Thanks again for your feedback.
Therese

One of the best, but still a lot of room for improvement...

Dominic N.
Digital Media Specialist
Bau, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I found Teamwork when the necessity for time tracking, project management and employee/client collaboration was needed at my job. I had already been using a similar system called Paymo at home for my freelance work. So I had an idea of what I needed, and knew Paymo wasn't structured very well for my use. I researched the heck outta these kind of sites, like close to 15 ones, and test drove at least 5 of them with trials. Teamwork wasn't the best, but it was only outdone by others that were ridiculously priced. There are many things I like. The robust functionality of the task lists is probably the most useful. And project organization is nice too. Shortfalls in this area are that project categories are shared across multiple set up companies, not company specific. I don't like how tasks are hidden once completed. And how limited you are on active projects, I'm archiving like crazy, just to save money. I like that the entire system is cleanly designed in a cosmetic sense and for the most part intuitive to learn and use. I also love that it is not user based pricing, being able to add as many users as I want opens up more collaboration with coworkers and clientele. A hard thing to find in these systems are time based reports. Teamwork has great time tracking tools, but kinda falls short in how you can report these. Within the system its just a list with a somewhat useless filter. And exporting this out to a pdf looks plain awful. Customizable, exportable, graphical representations of the time data would make an awesome addition to this system, and would improve and simplify review of time analysis with "less data minded" collaborators and clients. Still, I haven't found one system that really buts much effort into reporting and how it stands in Teamwork is still better than others. All those flaws aside, where Teamwork REALLY drops the ball? Invoicing! No customization, no templates, plain and boring invoicing, and not much can be said for financial tracking or reporting here either. I really hate the financial end of this system all together. Even Paymo did better. So for a single company, looking to only organize and collaborate projects and tasks, to improve speed and efficiency, Teamwork is superb. If you need data analysis and reporting on financials and time invested. You'll need a second system to do that with or one of the way overpriced systems that offer that advanced stuff.

Vorteile: Robust functionality of tasks and projects. Clean intuitive design. Collaboration ability and allowance of unlimited users.

Nachteile: Time reporting lacks in depth data, customization and visual graphic representations. Invoicing is almost embarrassing in its looks, almost no customization, and zero financial reporting.

Hi Dominic,

Thanks so much for the review. We really appreciate your feedback. We're delighted to hear that Teamwork Projects has been so useful to you and your team. I've passed on all your suggestions to the team for their consideration. Here's a list of the upcoming features that we'll be adding over the course of the next few months: https://www.teamwork.com/roadmap. Here's a list of our current integrations including invoicing: https://www.teamwork.com/integrations. I hope you find them useful. Please get in touch if you have any questions.

Thanks again for your feedback.
Best regards,
Therese

Best Project Management Software Hands Down!

Amanda R.
E-Learning, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: In my last position our organization of 80 people evaluated multiple project management tools over six months. Teamwork was the clear winner. After we adopted this software the Teamwork staff worked directly with our team to help us find the best ways to use their tools and even made enhancements at our request! I've since used this software for two non-profits and my own company, founded just over a year ago. The choice was never given a second thought. Teamwork continues to make enhancements, they find ways to make their software more intuitive, and they add new tools regularly. Their service is exceptional. I send an email I get a response no later than the next day but usually in a matter of hours. There is no comparison to Basecamp, the tool I've seen other organizations use and the tool I was using before adopting Teamwork. Teamwork is far and above the better program.

Vorteile: Intuitiveness of all of the tools. Integration of all of the tools to work together. The appearance and flexibility to customize it for each unique organization. As an educated graphic and interactive media designer, I applaud the UI designers. Very clean, no-nonsense, where the design and placement of interactive objects don't get in the way of the use.

Nachteile: Love the new calendar. Would like to see how it could populate both ways to a Google calendar. This may already be possible and I just haven't explored it yet. Really can't think of anything, though.

Hi Amanda,

Thanks so much for your review. We really appreciate you taking the time to write it. We're delighted to hear that Teamwork Projects has had such a positive effect of your team's productivity.

Here's a help doc about viewing your Teamwork Projects calendar in Google Calendar: https://support.teamwork.com/projects/calendar/viewing-your-teamwork-projects-calendar-in-google-calendar. Hope it helps. Let me know if you have any more questions.

We'd love to work on a casestudy with you and showcase it with our customers. If this is something you'd be interested in, simply shoot us a mail to marketing@teamwork.com.

Best regards,
Therese

Teamwork is True, My business is Teamwork, and Teamwork is my Teamwork!

Bewertet am 2.4.2017
Stefan K.
Butler gone Digital.
Unternehmensberatung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have used Teamwork for almost 2 years - trying other things on the side to see if there is somethings better out there - but my still my first choice. I know about project tools, and they all are good, but they are too complicated and all fashion in their way of use - Teamwork has done something different - and while I tested it out I also tested multiple solutions.
They are constantly getting new features and optimizing reporting and UI and UX. The one thing I have been waiting for is the Kanban or Board that they call it - then it will be complete.
The cool thing is they are open about their roadmap - so I constantly reach out to push features through - I am sure they listen to us as customers because things happen all the time.
So let´s get down to business.
Pricing and solutions beats everyone else, trust me!
So what is it that makes it so good?
Teamwork Project - besides as everyone would expect a project tool - they have another mindset to getting things done - and building performing teams - that I do not find everywhere else. I believe others copy them and try to do it simpler - but then it is a lack of other features that you need in a professional system.
Since we have multiple projects, and we connect our clients and give them the overall by onboarding them to follow us in an easy way. We give them an ease of mind, and send them reports daily. So when we meet, we stop the chatter on where we are and can focus on how to go further.
We use Teamwork Desk for support sites - and can also build up support for my clients -so we can charge for and outsourced service, that makes their services extend further. Do you think they love it? Teamwork Chat - I can be in contact down on pure tasks, and also the ability to create task as we speak. No waste of time. But my favorite tools are the extensions in chrome and Gmail. Saves me time -and makes me be so effective that I have no words - That is why: Teamwork is True, My business is Teamwork, and Teamwork is my Teamwork! Just a Butler gone Digital, and that is also true. I have high standards - and been digital for 40 years - so I know my ground. Thanks Teamwork!

Vorteile: The "comlexed easyness" of the way of building quality projects.
The extensions in Chrome and Gmail - timesavers deluxe.

Nachteile: Still working on the onboarding of my non-tech clients to make it even simpler for them to follow, but it does actually not matter since they get an email daily on the progress.

Nancy at Teamwork.

Finally found what we were looking for

Bewertet am 24.1.2017
Mark H.

Kommentare: GNGF is a digital marketing agency that only works with law firms across the U.S. At GNGF, we have been a TeamWorkPM enterprise level for over 5 years (and a TeamWork Desk user since it was first released a couple years ago). We started out using Basecamp and it just couldn't meet our needs. One of the key things we needed was to be able to create different templates based on what services our clients had purchased. At the time TeamWork was the only robust online project management tool that could do this. Once we dove in though, we found a lot of features we didn't even know were missing in our lives. For example, I couldn't imagine living without subtasks and recurring tasks now. We do track our time in teamwork which is very easy to use (love this on the mobile app). With hundreds and hundreds of projects across ourclients, we also tag a lot of things and filter and search using tags all the time. I also love the different ways you can handle multiple users on the same task. Using the open API have also programmed a link between teamwork projects and salesforce clients and all user time entries are matched up to the correct employee and client and utilization and billable hours are able to be reported on right in salesforce.com, which, heavily customized, we now use as our internal agency dashboard. I can't say enough about the TeamWork support team. From how-to and best practices help early on in our use of TeamWork, to incorporation of our ideas and use cases into the actual product roadmap, to quick updates and fixes by the API team to help us with our Salesforce integration, we wish all vendor support was this good. Our account team works right out of teamwork desk to interact with their clients. Any issues requiring help by the team are just logged in TeamWorkPM and when the task is completed, the ticket is opened for the account manager to follow back up with the client. Best of all, the client doesn't even realize they are working in a 'ticketing system', it just looks like email to them which gives a much more personal touch. We utilize box.com for document storage so we don't use the file features and we use the API to get time data and don't use the billing feature in teamwork so I cannot comment on those. I have had many agencies complain to me over the years about their project management system and I always point them in the direction of TeamWork, months later I get many thank you emails.

Vorteile: The feature set is great for agencies with a lot of similar type of recurring projects. Project and Task templates, easy to use, robust features, time tracking built in, integrates perfect with their sister product - teamwork desk (support ticket tracking system). Great open API (we use it to kick off project templates from salesforce.com and report time and utilization back to salesforce.com dashboards). The support team is amazing, in fact everyone we have ever interacted with at Teamwork has been incredible. Plus, when you look around, the price is incredible for the feature set.

Nachteile: We have a crazy amount of tasks per person across many projects and many clients. Looking across everything is a little cumbersome at times. You can look across projects, users, tags, etc. it just could be a little easier sometimes. I am really stretching for a negative here, but that is all I can really think about that I would want to see improved.

von Teamwork.com an 10.2.2017

Hi Mark,

Wow thanks for the amazing review. We really appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback. I've shared your comments with the rest of the team here at and we're all delighted to hear that you've had such a positive experience with the product.

We'd really be interested in doing a case study with you. If this is something that you'd be in to, please shoot us a message to marketing@teamwork.com.

Powerful functionality meets great UX

Bewertet am 25.4.2017
Darren H.
Creative Services Director

Kommentare: I have been using Teamwork at different agencies for about eight years now. This is not because it has been the only available platform, in fact at some places I have had to use other platforms, so I know my choice of Teamwork is valid.
Over the last 18 months, I have integrated it into our SOP for creative and development projects to great effect. It provides all the tools we need and importantly helps us consolidate a number of disparate individual processes into one area. So regardless of the team, the project type or the chosen methodology, all documentation can be accessed from one place and all tasks can be initiated, tracked and managed in a clear and open way.
Frankly anyone not using a platform such as Teamwork is probably working a lot less efficiently than they realise.

Vorteile: Clear and easy to use. Lots of tools that work fantastically together, but also work just as well if used individually. As a platform, you can use as much or as little of the features as your project - or company setup - requires.

Nachteile: The file storage that comes with the subscription is woefully small in this day and age.
We once tried using the Google Drive integration, but this was not an ideal solution. I would much rather be able to integrate external drives at a project level as opposed to the overall platform subscription level.

von Teamwork.com an 26.7.2017

Hi Darren,

Thank you for writing this review and being with us for such a long period of time. We are delighted to see your positive comments and the fact you and your team are benefitting from using Teamwork Projects.

We have taken note of your storage concerns and will pass this onto the relevant team here.

If you'd be interested in featuring in a case study with us simply send us a mail to marketing@teamwork.com.

Teamwork Projects - Keep up with projects

Bewertet am 26.2.2019
Bonnie M.
Technical Writer
Schreiben & Editieren, Selbstständig

Kommentare: It keeps us on the same page and is a central place to gather copy for projects. It is the only system that has worked for us so far.

Vorteile: I am a technical writer working with a web development company. Before we started using Teamwork Projects (Projects) we were struggling to keep up and keep everyone on the same page. Projects has become a central place we can all use to keep things going. One feature I use are the Notebooks. You can create them, assign different users, privacy levels, and categories. I actually write the copy for our projects directly into the Notebooks. If your internet connection is cutting out, it warns you to stop before continuing to work. When you save a Notebook, you can choose to send various people email messages, mark it as a new version, etc. There are lots of features, and that is just for the Notebooks! You can also create task lists, estimate the amount of time members of your team will spend on things, track time on projects, and send email messages through Outlook. We have even gotten clients to use the system by sending them invitations so they can send and receive messages as projects progress. When clients can use it and participate, it says a lot. No more having to search our inboxes for email messages and cutting and pasting information. Before this, version control on copy was a nightmare.

Nachteile: The interface cannot be customized in such a way that it looks neat. There are filters that can be applied so that things will be listed in a certain way, but I haven't figured out how to have all my current projects listed right up front when I log in.

Impressive, robust project management system

Kelly I.
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Not only is Teamwork good with creating tasks for you to keep/to, but creating tasks for your entire team is so simple that I rarely have to talk to my team about the nitty-gritty anymore; giving me time to handle the day-to-day project deadlines. TeamworkProjects has made my life as a project manager so much more simple. Everything (literally everything - files, links, messages, images, notes, ideas...) are all in one place; easily organized and easy to find. I use Teamwork Projects exclusively for my work base. The integrations with Chome is also a very handy feature in that I can set tasks/reminders for myself and/or send a link to a teammate without leaving the webpage I am one. Teamwork is one of the most intuitive and powerful managements systems I have used and I highly recommend it to anyone who is working. It can be used for any number of tasks and will save your whole team time and money in the end.

Vorteile: The ease of use Teamwork has created makes this software simple enough for even non-tech savvy people to quickly understand. The integration into Chrome and TeamworkChat is terrific. The fact I can get updates on my phone keeps me in the loop. I love how easy it is to move projects and/or tasks around to various people in my company. Adding sub tasks and comments is extremely useful. I could go on and on...

Nachteile: I wish the calendar feature integrated with Outlook beyond a 'read-only' ability.

von Teamwork.com an 5.4.2017

Hi Kelly,

Thanks so much for the stellar review. We really appreciate you taking the time to write it.

I've passed on your words with the rest of the team here and we're all delighted to hear how much Teamwork Projects has helped you and your team become more productive.

If you'd be interested we'd love to work on a case study with you. Simply shoot us a mail to marketing@teamwork.com if this is something that you'd like to do.

An excellent, underrated PM tool

Bewertet am 10.12.2018
Owner, Digital Marketing Consultant

Kommentare: Teamwork offers a huge amount of features for the price and is comparable to almost any other PM tool out there. The development team is very active and they are continually rolling out new features and listening to the community. Overall, Teamwork gets the work done. It may be a little clunky at times, but if you can overlook that aspect, you will find a very valuable gem in Teamwork as your main PM tool.

Vorteile: - The gantt chart feature really sets Teamwork apart from other similar PM tools. Being able to view the entire project from this perspective allows for quick and effective planning.
- Client accounts allow your clients to log in and view progress without seeing private information.
- Email-response messaging allows your clients to not even have a Teamwork account but still collaborate with your team.
- Internal time-tracking is a great addition to ensure the projects stay in scope, but also just to keep track of important metrics.
- Templates! Creating and managing template lists and tasks is a great way to get a project up and running quickly. This is, by far, the most useful feature of Teamwork!

Nachteile: - The desktop time tracking tool is not great at all. It's best just to use the browser-based time tracker (which is less optimal).
- The UI is a bit clunky and slow at times. It doesn't *feel* like a modern web application and, at least for me, it detracts from my productivity greatly.
- The commenting system seems to be very outdated. Very slow and the notifications are not very noticeable unless you enable email notifications.
- The mobile app is not built well at all. Notifications often do not appear, and just the overall appearance looks likes it is from 2010.
- The reports that Teamwork generates are not very detailed. A lot to be desired here, but good for a basic PM reporting tool.

ABSOLUTE FAVORITE

Bewertet am 10.5.2019
Shavonne P.
Owner, Virtual Assistant
Marketing & Werbung, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I am able to manage my Clients, keep track of all communications, track my time and track billing, invoice, track tasks and manage projects all from within this one software.

Vorteile: This software is one of the best project management and Client relations software available on the market. It is user-friendly and so simple to learn plus the integrations are insane. You can connect time trackers or use the one built in time tracker. You can grant access to your Clients and literally customize each aspect of the project and how much access they have PLUS it stores all of their information acting as a CRM as well. Not only are you able to track projects, but tasks and you can upload files and store them in the system. You can create notebooks to store information and there is also a dedicated space for messages along with a messaging app. The software is insane and perfect for the ultimate project management team.

Nachteile: Really there isn't anything to dislike and if you are a new startup or Entrepreneur they will give you a year free of their upgraded service.

von Teamwork.com an 21.5.2019

Hi Shavonne,

Thank you for the feedback on Teamwork Projects. We were delighted to hear that the product was your 'absolute favorite'!

We were delighted to hear that you enjoy the product, and that it was deserving of a 10/10 recommendation!

Speaking of CRM, did you know that we have one of those now?! Did the world really need another one? No, but it definitely needed a Teamwork suite of integrated products! Have a look here: https://www.teamwork.com/crm/