Über MOVEit

MOVEit garantiert sichere Übertragung von sensiblen Daten (Managed File Fransfer). Konform mit der DSGVO und weiteren Bestimmungen.

Erfahre mehr über MOVEit

It also give immense flexibility to be integrated with other softwares. It is highly used for running tasks related to file transfer, renaming them and even archiving them.

Bewertungen zu MOVEit

MOVEit hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,7 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 83 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du MOVEit bereits verwendet?

Timothy
Timothy
Senior Infrastructure Engineer in USA
Fluggesellschaften/Luftfahrt

Top notch products and company.

Kommentare: A consistent and dependable platform for worldclass managed file transfer.

I give Ipswitch and their products the highest marks in all categories. They are very strong and consistent in all area's and are what I like to call "the full meal deal".

The looming threat that they could go public someday and risk losing that personal touch we have become accomstomed with.

Donna
Application Development Analyst III in Philippinen
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Progress MOVEit is one stop solution for file transfers

Kommentare: Enterprise consolidated file transfer mechanism.

MOVEit is easy to use and easy to train

File Activity Report displays host friendly name not true connection. If Friendlyname is not specific you dont know the true connection that is occuring.

System Engineer in USA
Finanzdienstleistungen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Good start but a little lacking

Managed file transfer is something that can be difficult to do an even more difficult to do right. MOVEit is a good start and they offer 80 percent of any features that a company may need. The ability to finely control the flow of documents that are transmitted to us was the best feature.

They were not able to handle a very high volume of files being transferred. This was a deal breaker for us but they were good otherwise.

Antwort von Ipswitch

Thank you for the honest feedback back. I have passed this information on to our Product Management group.

Irfanudeen
Irfanudeen
Business Development Executive in Indien
E-Learning, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Simply transfer your files under secure environment

Kommentare: I use Progress MOVEit in my both professional and personal space because of its reliablility, security, simple to use, and safety features. It helps me in trust-building with my customers, they were relax that their sensitive data like KYC documents transmits under secure environment.

Progress MOVEit is highly secure, so we can share sensitive business data. The deployment of the application is very simple and highly user-friendly. The mobile version supports in both android and ios platform, which really helps a lot in the handy access of files and transfers.

Need more installed scripts for the highly safe and secure file transmission. Need to improve the user interface in the mobile version.

Jeff
Applications and programming Manager in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

MOVEit does exactly what we need it to do.

Kommentare: We have been very pleased with MOVEit. It is relatively inexpensive and give us exactly what we need. Prior to MOVEit we had file transfer tasks housed on multiple servers around the organization and each one of these transfers was custom scripted. We've used MOVEit to centralize all file transfers to a central location that is managed by a team that is well versed in our data governance policies. This has allowed us to easily manage, monitor, and report what data is leaving our organization via file transfers. A secondary benefit of MOVEit is it's ease of use. Our MOVEit administrators can setup a new automated and scheduled task in a few minutes with no scripting needed. But when more complicated data manipulations are needed we also can easily incorporate a custom script into the MOVEit task. This ease of use is key to our small team managing 1500 file transfer tasks.

MOVEit is extremely simple to use but still offers robust and extensive functionality. We currently have about 1500 file transfer and/or manipulation tasks setup in MOVEit. Most of these are scheduled and run without human intervention. It is a stable product that rarely has issues. In the 5+ years we've owned it we've only had one instance where we needed a patch from support. MOVEit drag and drop task builder allows the team to setup a new task in a matter of minutes.

There's not much we don't like about MOVEit. But it would be nice to have a smoother transfer of tasks from a testing environment to production. We've also builtbri

Robert
Infrastructure Engineer in USA
Chemikalien, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Swiss army knife of file transfer

Kommentare: We bought and installed MoveIT Central to do some quick internal and external file moving that our Unix team couldn't (wouldn't?) do. It wasn't expensive so it fit in the budget. Once we got it going, we quickly realized that it would do WAY more than we thought, and inside of about a year, we had EVERY other transfer script and workflow moved over to it, with full logging, security, and notifications (which we didn't have before). Then we purchased MoveIT DMZ (Transfer?) and we replaced all of our other FTP/SFTP functions as well. We even replaced our Ad-Hoc collaboration solutions with it.

The best part of this software is the fact that you can configure and put into production a secure file transfer in minutes, and you'll be able to do everything that's been requested. You'll spend more time telling everybody that it's done than the time you spent doing it.

I love the scripting feature, however I'd like to see the company include more pre-written scripts in the base software package. Until they do that, you'll likely be writing your own. It's not hard, but if you want that kind of capability, you'll need to learn how to do it.

Systems Engineer in USA
Metallabbau, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Moveit Transfer and Automatin

Kommentare: Although both products place me in the middle of any two given entities, they also allow me to bridge the gap between sender and consumer for critical operations, including payroll and bank transactions.

Transfer is super-secure, and able to handle large volumes of file activity. Automation is feature-rich and the user interface allows for easy file transfer troubleshooting.

Automation requires Tomcat knowledge if you want to secure with a certificate. Transfer reporting options could be more robust.

VP of DevOps in USA
Bankwesen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Reliable file transfer

Kommentare: Secure and reliable data exchange with clients.

The high availability and consistency in which this software process files

In some cases, my team had challenges getting the software fully setup and streamlined. Installation issues required some effort to navigate through.

Gregg
Technical Support Supervisor in USA
Einzelhandel, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

MoveIt Central

5,0 letzten Monat Neu

The ease of setting up and managing schedules

We only use for file transferring and syncing haven't had any issues.

Navjot
Navjot
Module Lead in Indien
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Awesome file transfer software for enhancing the productivity and better control on shared files

4,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: We have to transfer the large chunk of files during the Deployment times. We are able to enhance the efficacy of the file transfer mechanism through this tool. It saved lot of our times.

Super fast capabilities to transfer files at high speed with zero latency. Users can simply drag & drop the files on to this software and can save the time.

IT uses all the modern features to transfer the files with least failure rates.

Sean
IT Support Analyst II in USA
Finanzdienstleistungen, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Review of MoveIt Automation

Kommentare: The biggest benefit I have seen is the ability to give people control to do their work without having to install a program on their PC. By giving them access to the Web interface it make deployment to users easy.

The feature I like the most is the ability to have tasks start other tasks so that you can create processes that require little to no intervention.

The one thing I do not like is not having the ability to sort files when you browse them using MoveIt. Some times you need to find files for a specific date but because MoveIt sorts by name it make it hard to find files in large file repositories.

Oliver
Application Support Engineer in USA
Finanzdienstleistungen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

MOVEit has completely gotten out of the way and allowed me to do what I need to do simply

Kommentare: File moving and SFTP. MOVEit is a simple solution for getting everything where it needs to be. I've used MOVEit Automation more and more as things have come up that I can use it for, which is a lot. We've grown into it being the first choice for much of our file automation that just needs to work and be a quick turnaround.

It's simple and powerful so it doesn't get in your way but allows you to affect what you are doing to a large degree. I'm was able to get this set up in all out environments within 1 month tested and functioning. I also like that MOVEit Automation has allowed us to continue creating tasks as we get more advanced with it.

Database views do not exist by default which would be helpful for reporting. Reporting in general could be given a feature upgrade. It does pull reports but it's not a simple process and the ability to tie into something like Power BI is not there. Even having several views setup in the database by default would make this quicker and easier to get setup for reporting. When something touches as many files as MOVEit Transfer and MOVEit Automation do you want to be able to report on metrics from it immediately

Erin
Program Analyst in USA
Hochschulbildung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

MOVEit system works great for sharing files securely

Kommentare: Uploading files is easy and efficient in MOVEit. It's secure, and it's simple in that uploading files for frequent, ongoing compliance monitoring is the only thing that I use it for. It makes my job easier and does exactly what I need it to do with no technical hassles.

My program undergoes different types of audits on a continuous basis for compliance monitoring. MOVEit is the system primarily used for submitting requested files. They send me a secure link, which takes me to my MOVEit account, and that is where I upload files and can send related messages. The alternative is sending files as attachments in encrypted emails. With MOVEit, I like that it's separate from my email, where I can log in whenever I need to, specifically to see what I've uploaded and when, rather than looking through my email where I have to wade through many other sent and received messages to find what I need. I also feel complete confidence that the confidential files I'm uploading are secure.

I'm unable to copy others in my organization (supervisors) that I would like to be able to include on audit submissions. But because I don't have this ability in MOVEit, I've developed other tools for saving/archiving the files I've submitted on MOVEit, which keeps a record of what's been submitted and when. If I were to leave my position, this keeps an audit record that my supervisor and potential future replacement could have access to even if they did not have access to my MOVEit account.

Garrett
Systems Administrator in USA

Good but needs new look

Tons of functionality, security features are pretty good, logs and reports are nice, and it's usually easy to setup and upgrade. It can be run on premise which is great, and has features like an Outlook plugin that people like to use. Technical Support for the program has been great every time we need them, which is always over a mySQL database issue.

The user interface and functionality is lacking and we complain about it. It's older style, not HTML5 yet, and just looks outdated. Using java or flash plugins is horrible for users. The emails look outdated as well. Clients complain sometimes about how difficult it is to navigate and get their files. We have used this product for 6+ years without a major interface update, and it needs one.

Brandon
Senior Systems Application Analyst / Programmer in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Simplify Your File Transfer Needs

Kommentare: We utilize a hosted SFTP solution, file transfer operations (both internal and external), and monitoring of those file transfer jobs through our MOVEit software collection. It has integrated with our business well and has reduced the time it takes to implement a new job.

The software provides an intuitive GUI interface for both administrators and users. It allows an organization to place some of the functionality back in the user's hands and provides and ease for external entities to exchange data and information for organizations.

There is not much I do not like about the software. Of course, there are cheaper alternatives, however in my experience they do not compare to the ease and customer support provided by the MOVEit platform.

Mike
IT Manager in USA
Druck, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

MOVEit for workflow automation

Kommentare: MOVEit is at the center of all of our workflow. We move thousands of files every day using MOVEit without issue and this service handles all of it effortlessly. It is easy to administer and just works day in and day out.

This product is versatile and infinitely customizable. We have a variety of tasks set up that range from simple to extremely complex and this product can handle all of it without issue. We have thousands of tasks set up that with a vast majority running every few minutes and the server never bogs down

The only issue we are running into is having to schedule regular runs in addition to watching for new files since the new file notification service on Windows often fails

Judy
SVP in USA
Finanzdienstleistungen, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Move it for Precision Director

Kommentare: We did not have a choice in using this software, but again, once we got through the difficulty of setting up the platform, the product has been working great.

Once we got the software working correctly, it does the transition of files quickly and easily

When we were setting up the product to use for Precision's Director product, we had difficulty setting up the program because we did not have support from Precision and did not have support from the MoveIt team. Our IT rep basically had to figure out how to use the software and do troubleshooting on his own.

Darwin
IT Director in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Set it and forget it

Kommentare: This solution has helped us to centralize and streamline all of our data transport needs. The ability to log in to Office 365 Sharepoint and upload data to our cloud repository was a real game changer for easily and securely sharing real-time data with external sources.

Very intuitive to setup and use. Includes lots of choices for being notified if there is an issue so my team does not have to baby sit it.

The standard version of MoveIT that we purchased does not include the option to include a list of the files that were transferred in the email notification sent by the program. This has been our most requested feature from our end users, but it only comes with enterprise.

Jay
Security Administrator in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Time-Saving File Transfer Tool

Kommentare: I love this program. I can log in and see the auto-refreshing log view with all kinds of custom filtering. This makes it really easy to see what tasks are succeeding and which are failing and why.

This software makes it easy to create new tasks or clone existing tasks and modify them for other uses. I really like that you can implement PowerShell scripts. This utility makes it fairly easy to share files securely between organizations.

I primarily use a locally installed version of the software to connect to and manage the server. This only supports VB Script, and not PowerShell. PowerShell scripts can be added by logging in to the web interface only, at least on the version that I have installed. It's also difficult to import keys, even after confirming they're in the proper format. However, using the key generator in the console has worked every time. My manager, who has extensive knowledge in certs and keys and never struggles with them, has had considerable trouble with this feature.

Magdy
IT Project Manager in USA
Öl & Energie, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

MOVEitDMZ

Kommentare: Easy to Administrate and use

Easy to Administrate and use Secure Transfer and user management Support Standard SSH/SFTP protocol Reasonable pricing

1- At Enterprise environment, to transfer a file from System A to System B, you have to transfer twice. 1a- From A to a holding storage 1b- From Holding storage to System B 2- It does not utilize the UDP for much faster file transfer, other software at the market utilize the UDP and can transfer the file security 10 times faster than the TCP SFTP protocol

jason
System Analyst in USA
Finanzdienstleistungen, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Powerful tools!

MOVEit Automation from Progress is an excellent program. It's learning curve is moderate, but once you get the hang of it, the power at your fingertips is immense. We are able to retire a 20 year old batch scripting and email notification application to an easy to use GUI in Automation. GUI interface easy to set up notification added bonus for scheduling file level folder backups

lack of direction for overcoming the learning curve. (third party Youtube videos were hit and miss).

Sameena
IT Officer in USA
Finanzdienstleistungen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Great tool for getting the job done

Kommentare: It has been a great experience. we purchased support so we were able to get assistance with set up which was very helpful. then it is a set it and forget it solution.

This is a product that gets the job done. it has the security features that makes our Core Provider comfortable and is affordable enough for a company our size to implement. once it is in place and running - the software has not given us any trouble.

It takes a minute to figure out but once you do it is very user friendly so I cannot say there is anything i don't like about it.

Nicholas
Datacenter and Infrastructure Manager in USA
Automotive, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Move-it Tranfser and Move-it Automation

Having used the software for many years now, we have become quite familiar with the product. Over the course of time, we have been able to use the Outlook Plugins and API to customize our process. With minimal assistance, the products have served us very well.

The only issues that we have had is with the logging/reporting. There have been some issues getting the information that we are looking for in the logging, but with a quick call to the support team, that was resolved with little pain.

Andre
Manager, Information Technology in USA
Bankwesen, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Good product

Kommentare: Once it is set up, it is a solid product. We've been using it for years and have had minimal issues with it.

The fact that secure file transfer and secure e-mail is in the same product.

The support/troubleshooting could be a little better when issues are identified.

Si
IT Manager in USA
Bankwesen, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

excellent product and support

Being able to bypass email for sending large files was our primary goal.The software is very easy for sending or receiving large files that would otherwise not be allowed via email. The software has great security systems in place that stop bots and brute force attacks. Many different connectivity options.

Auditing is not explicit to show what actions were performed, only an "update" by a username with a date time stamp. Even if one clicks "OK" and no change was made, it is audited as an "update"