Über Stata

Statas statistische Software ist ein komplettes, integriertes Statistik-Software-Paket.

Erfahre mehr über Stata

It has a large number o packages that integrate with most of the types of data and can produce very powerful statistical calculation.

Update is installed easily but sometime it take long time to update and create error in analyses.

Bewertungen zu Stata

3,9

Stata hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,5 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 180 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Stata bereits verwendet?

Rahat
Rahat
Analyst in USA
Forschung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Excellent for econometric analysis.

Kommentare: There are some things that Stata does extremely well - the statistics and econometrics in particular. And it does these things reliably and fast, with a good support network. If you're willing to pay for it, performance is even better - using up to 64 cores. But for more general purpose statistical work, R is not only free, but better (even though it is more buggy).

This is statistical programming software that is excellent for canned econometric procedures. Reliable and fast, with a huge library of procedures built in, and an even bigger user-contributed library. Online support through the statalist forum is also amazing. It also has a matrix programming language (Mata). The graphics capabilities are also easy to use and very high quality. Has a lot of related features like heatmaps, producing production-quality regression tables, etc.

This software is expensive. You're paying for something that is reliable, tried and true, with a great support network. But there are other free options, such as R. Furthermore, while this is excellent for canned statistical and econometric procedures, the programming language itself is not anywhere near as developed as something like R. For example, work with text etc is out of the picture. It is quite un-intuitive for someone coming with a programming background, and has weird quirks - such as only being able to keep on dataset in memory at a time. These issues mean that achieving what could be achieved in 3 lines of code in another language, might take 100s in Stata.

Stata is the best.

Kommentare: I have found Stata to be capable of doing 99% of the things I need a stats program to do, and it does them quickly, efficiently, and without much work on my part. Most issues I have run into with Stata are user-generated, and quickly solved by referencing Stata's extensive documentation or its very strong Stata discussion community. That said, it was a bit intimidating at first, being that it's mainly command-driven rather than menu-driven. This creates a slight issue when trying to bring coworkers who haven't used Stata before into the fold.

I enjoy the interface -- maybe just because I'm used to it. Still, the flexibility of being able to type something into the command line ad hoc rather than writing it into a syntax file when I just want to see what a command is going to do with out "committing" is nice. The general structure of how Stata presents data and elements of the data within the GUI, specifically the ability to see basically everything in one main window, tends to make my life a lot easier.

It's kind of ugly. The output especially is pretty bad, even using Stata markup log files. I find that colleagues who do not use Stata are a bit off-put by output I send them in plain-text log files, compared to fancier tables/web reports easily generated in SPSS. Even though my workplace is currently paying for it, I am still not a fan of Stata's pricing structure.

Thanks for the feedback!

Rafael
Rafael
Jefe del departamento de Oceanografia in Venezuela

Acceptable statistical analysis and inference tool.

Kommentare: Although it is not the software that I normally use, especially due to the deficiencies in its graphical presentation of results, I use it frequently to compare the results it produces, against the results obtained with other software, both commercial and self-developed. This has allowed me, in many cases, to validate the results obtained.

Price, that although it is not cheap, if it is competitive with respect to other softwares of similar characteristics. It allows me ample freedom to customize the way of presenting the results obtained, which in general is not the best. The after-sales service is good, with regular updates and an excellent help section.

Talking with my students, the cost is accessible to people like me, but it is not for the average student, especially when the licenses must be renewed periodically. If there is something to criticize the program is the way of presenting the data, where there is a lot of improvement field, since the outputs produced by default are of limited quality and presentation, especially if you want to enter a publication. The error code messages are not very useful in order to solve the error.

Ryan
Senior Research Analyst in USA
E-Learning, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Stata is really good for statistical analysis

Kommentare: Stata was really wonderful because it had a really low learning curve and I felt like it was a much better product than SPSS. It was my favorite language until I learned R. R works much better for the work I am doing now but Stata will always have a special place in my heart and I would recommend Stata to anyone who wants to start getting into data analysis but hasn't had a lot of programming training

I liked that the syntax of the language was really intuitive. Moving from SPSS to Stata made me feel like I could actually keep track of the code myself. I also loved that there was so much support online

Stata was really good for academic data analysis but it didn't meet all of the needs for programming data analysis. The for loops were there but not really intuitive. It was really hard to run a lot of different analyses and then compare them. That is why I say that it is really good if you are running a few analysis for an academic manuscript but I wouldn't run large scale business analyses in it

Antwort von StataCorp

Thank you for your comments.

Mohammed
Field Manager in Ghana
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

one stop shop for all your data analysis needs

Kommentare: As we began consulting on national-scale projects with massive datasets and sophisticated data analysis and reporting needs, it was only normal that we migrate from the equally efficient but less technical alternatives we were using prior. And the great wealth of freely accessible online resources and communities has been the most essential differentiator that separates Stata from other options.

Stata provides a comprehensive package of functions that allows us to manage and analyze project research data very efficiently. Particularly with purely statistical functions. Stata also has a very dedicated user community, which translates to extreme ease of getting help when we get stuck.

Learning to use Stata was very challenging for me, as someone coming from the significantly less technical alternatives I had been using to that point. I also think product licensing can be improved to make it easier for smaller teams to subscribe at relatively lower costs.

Antwort von StataCorp

Thank you for your feedback!

Xorla
Executive Director in Ghana
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great for Academic Research and Mid level professional data work

Kommentare: Before Stata, we were using Excel for almost all of our data work.....mostly because it was free. Switching to Stata however cut down our manual processes drastically; reducing task times by up to 80%. The main issue we ever had was with the product licencing and product access for our team. The response time in resolving the issues weren't as prompt as we would have hoped.

The range of functionality in the software, the free training and help resources available online, the ease of creating reports from your work, etc.

1. The software interface was a bit intimidating for me as a beginner coming from Excel 2. the computer requirements for running the software were rather high, and the devices we had at the time couldn't quite run them smoothly so we had to replace most of them.

Umair
Reseracher in Italien
Bildungsmanagement, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Stata for Statistical Data Analysis

Kommentare: Stata is a great software for statistical data analysis, especially for researchers and data analysts. However, it requires proper training to learn the formulas. Moreover, it is somehow expensive.

It is a great statistical data analysis software with a user-friendly interface. Data can be visualized in a good manner and can be downloaded easily in various formats.

It requires proper training for utilizing its maximum functions. Takes time to learn the formulas/codes that sometimes look difficult.

Daren
Researcher in USA
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

God bless Stata

Stata is such a flexible stats tool. If the native features don’t work for you, someone has probably created something that will. All you have to do is use the “findit”command.

There is a learning curve, and I wonder if I could have learned it on my own as I learned it in grad school.

Tigran
Tigran
risk manager in Armenien
Bankwesen, 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

Review for Stata

Kommentare: Stata is a very good statistical software for people who are not familiar with coding, but are required to work with financial time series. It has all types of regressions is very comfortable to use. Also the last Stata update (Stata 16) supports Python, so you can write a Python code in Stata. This is a very comfortable for me as i am using both scrapping and financial time series analysis

First, Stata is super easy to use. (If you are not a programmer and coding is not your strongest skill, then Stata is a perfect match for you. You do not need to write a code in Stata in order to get the results. You can just use your mouse, find the right buttons, click them and get the results. Second, you can run basically all types of regressions in Stata. Third Stata is user friendly. It took you a while to get comfortable with it, but after 1-2 weeks of usage, you really start to love this statistical software

First of all it is price. Stata is very expensive and there are some softwares that let you to do almost the same things with the lower price or even free. Furthermore the graphics of Stata are not very beautiful, so I would never recommend you to use that graphs for your presentation

Godwin
Godwin
Statistical Analyst in Kenia
Bankwesen, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

A Reliable and Effective Statistical Data Analysis and Processing Tool.

Kommentare: With the current grobal trends, we can say that data is the new gold as far as business is concerned. With the tool we are able to manipulate any data to get the desired results. There is no statistical challenge that we are unable to sort with the tool.

Whats best with the tool is that its loaded with a breath of features. The features helps us in handling any statistical analysis and data visualization. Its a stand alone when its data processing. You are able to clean the data and process it without the need of a third party application.

For you to work with the tool, you will need a training on statistics and data handling. Other than that the tool is reliable and efficient.

Andra
PhD student in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

Good for academic data analysis

Kommentare: Overall, Stata is a very powerful platform to analyze data, especially when the project requires manipulating the data into new formats or performing matching, etc. Where it falls slightly short compared to other programs is that it does not allow for multiple datasets to be open at the same time, and it can crash, but this is fixed with diligent saving of do files, and the multiple datasets issue is not really a problem unless doing projects that require a large number of models with variables from different sets.

I am a PhD student that uses a combination of Stata and R for data analysis for academic papers. I like that Stata allows for manipulation of data in ways that are quite intuitive and straight-forward, and it allows one to manage datasets with a very large number of observations. Stata is also particularly good at allowing for the transformation of data from one format to another (for example, from long to wide) which allows for matching and subsequent easier manipulation.

My least favorite part about Stata is that it does not allow one to have multiple datasets open at the same time, like other programs do. Also, in my experience, one has to save the do-file they're working on very frequently because it is not rare for Stata to crash. But, with that knowledge, it's not really an issue to save often once you're used to it.

Antwort von StataCorp

Thank you for your feedback! With Stata 16, you can now have multiple datasets in memory. Read more about it at https://www.stata.com/new-in-stata/multiple-datasets-in-memory.

Analyst in USA
internationale Angelegenheiten, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Incredibly power big data analysis system that, though difficult to master, provides big results

Kommentare: -I was able to run trends for my college thesis on domestic and international terrorism growth and attacks. By using stata, I could create cross-time data sets to demonstrate trends in terrorism incidents from my collegiate database.
-I also used this system extensively in an advanced statistics class where we ran risk analysis profiles for various companies, looking for inconsistencies between anticipated growth trends and actual trends. We were able to run statistical tests to determine likelihood of certain events and easily determine the margins of error. We analyzed vehicular risk information, health risk information across different states, trends in international fishing companies, etc.
-The system is extremely powerful and can give the user strong evidence through analysis.

I used STATA SE, which is the large database version for an advanced statistics class extensively in college. As long as your computer has enough memory, STATA can take in vast quantities of data and very quickly provide complex graphs, will perform a variety of modifications for plotting a wide variety of regressions, analyze data from surveys, and will takes a variety of data inputs to use for the processing. STATA can analyze data sets across time, save your progress while you are working, sort and clean data, create dummy variables, and export your results. STATA is a fantastic program for research.

Coding the requested commands takes fairly extensive experience and practice. It usually takes upwards of 40 to 50 hours to master without any prior experience in STATA. Performing basic commands is a simple process with a guide, but interpreting the results can be difficult without significant experience with statistics.

Antwort von StataCorp

We appreciate the review. Always like hearing from our users!

Credit Officer in Kenia
Bankwesen, 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

A data analysis tool like no other in the todays' markets.

Kommentare: We were using the Stata to handle data from entry, cleaning, analysis, and visualization. You are able to handle data from initial stage to the last stage.

Data is one of the most useful tool in any business oriented organization. The fact is that, if you ignore the data your business will be headed to fail. You need to understand what people say about your products, understand what are the market trends and where the business is headed. Stata is that tool that will help you analyze any kind of collected data and tabulate it for easier understanding and implementation. It has a great visualization features and with the relevant knowledge you can handle any data despite its size.

Although the tool is amazing and I wouldn't like to imply otherwise, you will need statistical and machine language to handle a task end to end.

Qamar
Import Officer in Pakistan
Bekleidung & Mode, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Stata for regression, Correlation and F Model to analyzed data

Kommentare: Its good for Capacity, demand and forecasting analysis.I forecast differnt monetory events by using regression analysis with multi variables.

Stata having very user friendly interface.its shows 100% accurate result in regression and correlation analysis.Data can be import from excel and word which save a lot of time.Error term impact can be classified easily by applying error correction method.

Its costly, should be free upto certain level of data analysis so that students can easily approach.second there are some constraints while analysing cross sectional data.Minor typing error while comanding will leads towards differnt results.

Forschung, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Reliable but unexciting

Kommentare: I was trained in Stata because it is the most commonly used statistical software in my field, but my field is becoming increasingly quantitative in orientation, and there is a corresponding increase in the availability of data. These changes in my field have led to many 'outgrowing' Stata and the top scholars in the field now use alternative softwares, which I had to learn after learning Stata and now use more regularly.

The interface is clean, minimal and streamlined. The software itself is extremely reliable and is great for your basic statistical functions, and basic mathematical calculations too. It is easy to learn (much easier than some other statistical softwares out there-by a wide margin!).

I know what you're thinking-- a statistical software isn't supposed to be 'exciting'. But lots are, especially when it comes to how you present and/or visualize statistics! Stata offers fairly limited options for how you display your data. Also, because Stata is not free or open-source, unlike rival softwares with growing popularity, it does not work with other softwares freely available online. Finally, there are limits on the size of the dataset that you can use.

Antwort von StataCorp

Thank you for your feedback!

Forschung, Selbstständig

Best Statistical software for research in health science

Kommentare: Actually, every time that I have a project from health research and I used Stata I have completely satisfied.

There are many statistical software in market such as SPSS, SAS, Minitab, R, NCSS, Stata, etc. I have more than 10 years experience using a couple of different statistical software and know their strengths and weakness. Stata is a very good statistical software with full of advanced statistical methods and its use is easy because it is menu driven and it has many good accompany documents. If you work a statistician or researcher in health and epidemiology this is the correct software for you. Furthermore, Stata generate publication ready graphics easily.

I wish Stata add an option for calling R inside it such as SPSS and SAS. But actually in most cases it don't need it really because it supports 99.5 percent of routines in itself. Note that 99.5 percent is my guess based on my experience because it always surprise me with new methods. Another Con is that this software is for users that need a variety of statistical methods and so it may seem complicated for novice users that only need basic methods.

Cynthia
Teaching Assistant in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Good for economics research but recently lagging behind

Kommentare: STATA was my first software I used to analyze data with Economics research so I have always used it as a default. However, as I have begun learning R, I have realized that R runs faster and works better with large datasets. Don't get me wrong, STATA is not bad, but I do think it has been lagging behind over time.

- Standard software that allows you to run statistical functions and data manipulations for research purposes - Reliable and easy to learn

- Does not work well with large data sets and often crashes - Expensive - Over time, it has not gone through many upgrades so the user interface looks old compared to its counterparts. The functionalities have also not gotten a lot of upgrades compared to competitors like R

Antwort von StataCorp

We appreciate your feedback.

Latina
Quality Manager in Australien
Finanzdienstleistungen, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Helps to handle data from initial stage to final analysis stage.

The ability of the tool to handle a large volume of data without any challenge makes me like the tool most. The tool also can act as a stand alone as far as data preparation, analysis, visualization is concerned. With Stata you don't need any other tool to get the work done.

Sometime you need statistical knowledge to get tangible results.

Forschung, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Great product for regression analysis.

Kommentare: I am using this product both for my works and my master thesis. I have to perform so many regression analysis for my works and Stata is very helpful and reliable product for these.

I have done so many regression analysis with this product and it is very good at it. Also It is providing quite good graphs and cross tables which are really usefull for my works.

It has a lot of problems between old and new versions of the product. You need to be very careful to carry your works from newest versions to old versions. Sometimes your code does not work.

Hochschulbildung, 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

Stata is a good choice for novice data analysts.

Kommentare: Since I started using Stata in 2018, It has been very using for analyzing data for my quantitative research papers. I have conducted the statistical analysis and hypothesis testing of at least 10 research papers.

The most I like about Stata is that I don't have to code in long lines as I used to do in other statistical softwares. It has interactive menu and you can select a statistical test from the interactive menu. It is also very quick: for example, if you want to plot predicted probabilities, you can just do it in a couple of seconds in Stata. Stata can also easily handle large data.

I have been using Stata for around 2 years, but have not encountered a major problem while using it. One slight issue I have faced is plotting marginal effects in one graph. perhaps, they could give us an instruction to plot marginal effects in a graph.

Forschung, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Useful and Easy Statistical Analysis for non programmers

Kommentare: Overall it is easy to use and great for basic statistical analysis

Stata is very simple to use for statistical analysis. There is a short learning curve, but it can be mastered quite quickly and be used ot produce powerful and elegant analyses. Simple things, like data manipulation, data visualization, and regression is easy to do! Great for people doing epidemiological or economic analyzes and quick to use.

It can be quite pricey for a one year license, the perpetual license, is a better deal. While it is useful for data visualization, it is not the most flexible at producing nice charts for a journal (nothing beats R in this regard). It also does not have a robust suite of bioinformatic tools, which limits its utility for some scientific fields.

Thanks for the feedback!

Hochschulbildung, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Great tool for statistical analysis

Kommentare: I love using Stata. It has been a great experience as I conduct my research using large datasets. I definitely recommend for researchers who employ a quantitative approach.

Stata is great software for researchers. It is very convenient to conduct statistical analysis such as regressions and visualize the results. This software is widely used in academia, thus it is very easy to find tutorials and relevant resources generated by Stata and users.

It is not as intuitive as software like SPSS. It is definitely for advanced users who want to do more sophisticated analysis. Writing codes is almost necessary.

Waleed
doctor in Pakistan
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

Another statistical software with some distinctions

Kommentare: a viable alternative to SPSS especially good for shallow-pocketed researchers from developing countries.

this is an alternative to SPSS in some scenarios and can help with statistical analysis. the documentation feature and the command line features are very handy, something the SPSS lacks altogether. the most important statistical tests like anova, ncova etc are all there and even has baesyan analysis. the graphics it produces are quite visually attractive compared to SPSS V21 atleast. the pricing is quite flexible, allowing individual researchers especially from developing coutries like india and pakistn to purchase it in affordable prices

command line mkes it cumbersome. and it can not handle complex statistical data analysis. it is not famous in the people of my feild i.e medcial reserachers although I am seeing it in increasingly frequent in the publications recently.

Antwort von StataCorp

Thank you for your comments.

Obi
Student in USA

Great statistical tool

Kommentare: I recommend Stata for those that are new to programming and statistical analysis.

I have used Stata for my econometric analysis for the past three years. I like Stata because it is easy to learn the codes because they are quite intuitive. Also, it has a point-and-click feature that can be used if you don't know the codes. Finally, you can save your codes and start at a later time.

Stata is not as robust as some programming languages like R programming. Also, it tends to be slow for some estimations.

Shirley
Student in USA

STATA has enabled me to conduct a variety of statistical tests in a professional and efficient way.

Kommentare: This software helped me analyze large amount of data and conduct statistical analysis very efficiently. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone who is interested in cleaning and analyzing large amount of data.

1. Professional functionality and wide coverage of statistical methods and tools 2. Easy coding, it is also fast to find different tests by using your mouse to surf 3. Processing speed is fast compared to other statistical software such as SAS

1. Cost is still too high for average college students, licenses need to be renewed periodically 2. Not much tutorial is available for new users to get familiar with the functionality 3. It is sometimes difficult and tricky to connect to/switch to other statistical software for data cleaning and organization

Antwort von StataCorp

Thank you for your feedback! It is always appreciated. Have you seen our Youtube channel? We have many short instructional videos to assist you. https://www.youtube.com/user/statacorp