Über Paychex Flex

Verwalte die Online- oder Inhouse-Gehaltsabrechnung und spare bei der Zeiterfassung, Berichterstattung und Gehaltsabrechnungen.

Erfahre mehr über Paychex Flex

Representative was exceptionally professional and responsive and the ease of use of product.

My only complaint with Paychex Flex is that the retirement component is still transitioning over from Classic and it is taking a long time.

Bewertungen zu Paychex Flex

3,9
4,0

Paychex Flex hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,2 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 1.547 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Paychex Flex bereits verwendet?

Nutzerbewertungen filtern (1.547)

Nathalie
Nathalie
Account Manager in USA

Paychex Flex -- A Payroll Must-Have

Kommentare: Overall, I really like Paychex Flex. Even when I have an issue, I am able to call and speak with an agent who can resolve my issue. Their agents are very courteous and professional. They're even able to get everything squared away on just one call. They have excellent Customer Service and I really like the online portal. I would definitely recommend Paychex Flex to employers.

The ease and convenience of the online access was great. it just made clocking-in and out, and keeping track of time so easy for me. I loved being able to see my total amount of worked hours approved by management for the next payroll cycle. Having an online portal which allows you to access your payroll time and your documents (pay stubs, W-2, etc...) all from one place, is a huge life-saver.

Sometimes it will lock you out of your account. When you change/update the phone number on your account, it saves it to your online profile but for some reason it doesn't update their verification log. This means that when you attempt to login from your new phone and the system doesn't recognize it, it will naturally attempt to verify your identity, but unfortunately it attempts to send the verification text/call to the old phone number instead of the new one, despite having updated your account details online already.

Ryan
Clinical Informatics Administrator in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Good Robust Payroll System

5,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Easy to use and understand for employees and payroll/HR staff

Education and form customization could be better for materials that need to be sent to employees through the portal.

Carla
CPO in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Who was the Challenge

3,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: Very frustrating. Time and Attendance wasnot set up to cover varied time schedules. Majority of our staff work 7 hours or less and it calculated employees PTO at 8 hours.

We had a difficult payroll and many on the implementation team became frustrated all except our Payroll Manager. She was patient and work with us to get a great product. Even when we decided to leave Paychex, she follow-up to see if we still needed their services until our new payroll vendor was able to get our payroll set up in their system.

The system is hard to use. Many of the features convert back to original features. The system nor the training received from the implementaion team did not allow the Administrator to make minimal employee information changes. This was frustrating. Also, the assist feature was outdated and was hard to follow the steps to rectify an issue using the help assistant. As well, CSR was not able to assist with any issues either. Very frustrating.

Lisa
Office Manager in USA
Lebensmittelproduktion, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Paychex Flex Review

Kommentare: For the most part positive. Over the years the number one overall best thing about Paychex is their customer service. The platform is easy to use and for the most part user friendly but their customer service is great!

For the most part well integrated and easy to use. Customer service is stellar compared to other companies that I deal with. They are also very response to comments on proposed changes in the portal, etc.

Pricing! It has increased quite a bit over the past couple of years with an actual decrease in what we get. And paying for hardware is a lot of money!

Julia
Business Manager in USA
Einzelhandel, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Paychex Flex is the best option for me.

Paychex Flex with the integrated time clock is the best option for me. It has greatly simplified our weekly payroll. It is very easy to use and comes with excellent support.

I haven't had a complaint about Paychex Flex or the Time clock feature.

Kim
Senior Recruitment Consultant in Deutschland
Personalbeschaffung & -besetzung, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Enjoy a five star experience with this awesome software.

5,0 vor 7 Tagen Neu

Kommentare: It's ability to look at payroll records dating in more than two previous years made it the best choice for us Everything went well as we expected.

Use it to expand your business as it provides the best solution for any arising problem.Our payroll is now made easy and more simplified.Its a very easy to use software which doesn't take a lot of time to implement.Through paychex Flex system everything is under control.

Their customer service is a bit slow but we had to cope up with it.

Leslie
Executive Director in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Payroll made easy

Kommentare: Very good. Most customer service agents are knowledgable and helpful when needed.

Easy access and ease in creating payroll reports. Payroll is easy to complete and change.

The inability to view our company charges

Tracy
Assistant Director of HR in USA
Lebensmittelproduktion, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

More experience needed for Account Managers

Kommentare: We had 3 account managers with Paychex Flex, the first 2 had challenges following thru on items, so we requested new account managers. We discovered that account manager is an entry level position, all seasoned account managers have been promoted to specialists or phone customer service representatives. We finally received an account manager who had been an account manager for 5 years, called a senior account manager, but he wasn't very helpful and spoke mostly in "corporate speak" - not super helpful. He could at least understand what the problem was we were having, but he would have to pass along an internal ticket to get problems resolved.

It was user friendly in it set up and functions, however too many items required personal service running accurate payroll which required phone calls to account managers.

The account manager role is an entry level position at Paychex, so nearly all calls to account managers resulted in a response of "let me check with my manager and I'll get back to you".

Amanda
Manager in USA
Finanzdienstleistungen, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Paycheck flex

4,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: Paychex flex has really been a life saver, in helping me manage payroll easily, i would definitely recommend to anyone who wants to use it.

Paychex flex is easy to organize everything in one location, and its very reliable, you can make changes to suit your needs.

Its sometimes frustrating when you punch in or out, it will be great to have better access to clock in and out.

Frances
Umweltdienstleistungen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

50/50 on using Paychex

I don't have to worry about my payroll taxes being paid

VERY poor customer service!! NO ONE ever calls you back. EVER!!!

Adam
Campus Support Team Director in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Unfortunately, the UI is awful and has a steep learning curve

Kommentare: Pretty bad if I'm being honest. If we were to pick software again, we would pick someone else.

The customer service is helpful, although I wish I didn't have to call them as much as I do.

It's surprising to me that this company is a big competitor in this space. I think their software is extremely difficult to learn how to use and graphically looks like it was made in Windows 95. I use the administrative side mostly and have people coming to me all the time with questions because it's not easy or intuitive enough to learn on your own. Software should be created and designed so that it's easy enough for people to pick up and start using immediately. PayChex Flex is not one of those softwares.

Cody
Finance Director in USA
Biotechnologie, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great provider (unless your company is within 3 degrees of separation from cannabis)

Kommentare: It was great until it wasn't. Again, most of our essential services were terminated with only a 30-day notice, and their proposed solution was a handful of complicated workarounds while maintaining our current price, so we were pushed into fast-paced negotiations with alternative vendors.While we used it, though, it was a nice service, particularly the portal itself. Their interface is speedy and well-designed, and while there isn't much in the way of "customer success training" to help figure out exactly how to use it, it's very intuitive once you spend a few months with it figuring out how all the different pieces fit together.Bottom line, the system itself works very well, but don't lean too hard on the parts that involve human beings doing things & making decisions.

For what we paid, everything worked REALLY well. It met our needs & made payroll a simple and consistent process, which left more time to work on more operations-focused processes. Paychex offered multiple tiers of service & an array of useful add-ons which come together to provide a rich suite of functions for organizations of nearly any size.

After more than a year of quality service, they kicked us off all our electronic services with only a 30-day notice because we were a "cannabis business", which was not strictly true -- we weren't buying or selling marijuana, but rather a lab performing state-mandated compliance testing. We lost direct deposit, TaxPay, etc., but they wanted to continue charging us the same contract price despite massive loss of service.Customer support was variable quality--we were paying for the tier which included ongoing dedicated support, but our rep changed multiple times over the course of a year, usually without any kind of warning--often we wouldn't find out until we emailed in about something to find they'd been moved to a different department.

Ian
Prevent Manager in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

The Best Payroll Option Available!!

Kommentare: We are extremely satisfied with the services that Paychex Flex provides. We are using more features as they get rolled out, and it has helped keep our staff morale high. We really like using Paychex Flex for Payroll and HR management.

The convenience of having so many features in one place. We are able to achieve payroll and HR tasks faster than ever before. Ever since we started to use Paychex Flex employees have had less issues on their pay and benefits. The benefits are easy to access and the setup is user friendly.

There were some times they were performing maintenance on the site when we were trying to access. It can take some time to get through to support staff and you must know the specific issue you are calling about. There is lack of updates and benefits can take some time to setup for the HR manager.

Eric
HR Manager in USA
Finanzdienstleistungen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Everything we need and more

Kommentare: Paychex Flex has cut the time we spend processing payroll requests in half, if not more. Giving employees the ability to make most changes on their own allows our Payroll Admin to focus on other parts of the business that require more attention.

I love that I can get new employees set up as users during their onboarding, then this becomes their one-stop-shop for all things payroll. They can access this site to get their pay stubs, make changes to their direct deposit, enroll/change health benefits, and even make adjustments to their 401k plans.

The only real con I have found with this system is that employees can not make changes to their mailing addresses themselves. They are still required to fill out a form for our Payroll Admin and he has to call Paychex to make the change. This seems like something simple that employees should be able to do themeselves.

Alan
Alan
Human Resources Generalist in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

PayChex is one of the best and easiest payroll programs

Kommentare: Payroll processing is tedious and time-consuming, but PayChex simplifies things significantly. Having a professional create and update the guidebook for you is also a huge assistance.

Payroll processing for my business can be done whenever I want, the interface is intuitive, and all employees have access to their own data for purposes of audits and tax filings. The time I used to spend on payroll and tax preparation is now mine. I was relieved to have access to Paychex reports when a PPP opportunity presented itself.

They're doing their best to improve the system, but in the meanwhile, it can be inconvenient to use while they work on it.

Faith
Customer Service Specialists in Kenia
Landwirtschaft, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

The customer support team for this software is so cool. Focused to assisting.

Kommentare: Very wide coverage of benefits. Paychex Flex is a game changer.

The customer support team really gave me an overwhelming experience. The assistance they gave at a time I was almost giving up on setting up the software was so satisfying. Ever since they assisted me, Paycheck Flex has been an easy to use software. Extremely helpful in payment management. It provides a great overview of my work and helps in creating a wonderful work environment.

Five stars worth of performance. Nothing is challenging with Paychex Flex.

Terri
Director of Operations in USA
Anwaltskanzlei, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Paychex Flex Great for small organizations

Kommentare: The overall experience has been positive.

The time tracking feature is helpful to small companies who use the "honor" system as their time tracker

I think the software would benefit by being a little more user friendly

Julie
HR Manager in USA
Großhandel, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

The Worst Payroll Company Out There!

Kommentare: I have been running payroll and in HR for over 17 years so have used many payroll services and Paychex is the absolute WORST - can't wait to switch. Overpriced and you have to do everything yourself including coding their system. Nothing works right once you do (no notifications, biometric time clocks don't record punches, CA payroll laws like 7th day OT never coded) it's truly a complete joke of a company. "Account Manager" does not actually do anything but tell you to call the 877 customer service number and they are beyond ignorant and unhelpful.

Customer service - The worst Assigned Account Manager - Does nothing but tell you to call Cust Service (see above) Helpfulness - None Expensive - YES Knowledgeable - None Compliant - Nope, set up CA payroll laws all wrong Ease of system use - terrible, you need to coded everything yourself Over selling - the best (how about fix your basic customer service and functionality before you continually try and up sell)

Noam
Founder in USA
Medienproduktion, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Fantastic Experience with Gusto!

Kommentare: Overall, Gusto has been an excellent choice for our business. We've been able to quickly and easily set up payroll and benefits, and their customer service team has always been incredibly helpful and responsive.

Gusto has been an absolute lifesaver for our business. Their user-friendly platform makes payroll and benefits setup a breeze, and the customer service team is always ready to help with any questions or issues.

The only downside I've noticed is that it can be a bit slow to calculate taxes, but that might just be due to the complexity of all the laws and regulations.

Buchhaltung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Way better services out there for cheaper prices

Kommentare: Do not rely on them to let you know by hiring an employee in another state, you are subject to any additional state/local taxes outside of income tax and unemployment tax. We didn't know we were required to have disability insurance & paid family leave insurance for hiring an employee in NY. I guess I can't blame Paychex because technically it's not a tax but because we began payroll in NY, it required us to carry it. I'm more mad about the fact that it is optional to withhold a small portion of the employees wages for disability insurance or the employer can cover the whole cost. Paychex just started withholding the max portion from the employee without ever saying a word to us. So 1.) they knew we were subject to it and didn't bother to say anything and 2.) they started an optional withholding from employee checks without ever having us sign off on it. They will be easy to reach when they need something, but very very slow if you need something. They switched our assigned payroll specialist so many times that I don't even know who it is now to let them know we are switching at the end of the quarter.

The only thing I can say I liked is that they pay the tax and file the required quarterly/annual reports.

Very confusing just to have a rate for an employee. There's multiple areas in the employee file where you can add "compensation" & "earnings & deductions". Compensation is where you can add their rate (if you don't, it will notify you that you're not paying minimum wage). You figure you need to add at least one category of earnings like hourly or salary in order to pay an employee. So I added their hourly rates to compensation then added Hourly to their Earnings along with their rate again. The Hourly specifically states RATE X HOURS. Yet, by having both of these, you'll end up paying the employees twice. No problem right. Reports take kind of long to download, and not easily customizable.

Peter
Accountant, Tax Preparer, IT consultant in USA
Finanzdienstleistungen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Paychex has FINALLY gotten it right

Kommentare: Payroll reports for my clients are at my fingertips!

Paychex FLEX is easy to navigate, fast at loading reports and pages, and gives you access to what you need. As an accountant it is vital for me to be able to have access to the reports and items I need to get accounting and taxes done without having to jump through hoops to get that information. Many payroll firms make this task frustrating and time consuming. With Paychex FLEX I have one log in for all of my clients and can easily navigate to the company and reports that I need every month or at year-end within a few minutes (including the login process).

One thing I don't like is that the default view for reports is set to the last 90 days. Many times, especially dealing with tax forms, I need reports that were created more than 90 days ago. Also, since the newest reports go to the top of the list you already have the most recent reports at the top. Why not default to the past year and then just let me filter down to a smaller group of reports if that's what I want? Other than that small gripe, they have done a lot to improve their FLEX format. When it was first released everyone hated it but it has finally been improved to the point that it is extremely usable. The problem is that it seems like every time they get things just right they move to a new platform and "upgrade" their systems. I understand that this might be a necessary evil but it sure does cause a lot of growing pains for the end-user.

Marketing & Werbung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

An HCM system that simplifies difficult tasks

Kommentare: It has been a good experience overall. The payroll account manager I have is efficient. But Paychex does seek to elevate these positions quickly. Every time I get a payroll account manager who is knowledgeable, they always get promoted, it seems. My concerns about the reliability of customer service are raised as a result of this.

The ability to use the phone application makes it incredibly handy to get information and even manage payroll from any location. You may track the non-exempt employees' hours with the addition Stratus time, which integrates with your payroll software. Without a doubt, it is a big relief to be able to be in compliance with all local, state, and federal laws thanks to access to a comprehensive database from a company that has been doing it for decades.

Certain benefits, which would be useful if you knew what you wanted, cannot be manually set up. We are presently ironing out some problems with a PTO benefit that WE have. Upon entering the dashboard, Paychex Flex requests a fresh verification code. Depending on the administrative access required to do such an activity, users identified in the Paychex Flex may not be erased. Employees might not be able to update time cards electronically because Paychex Flex might only give administrators their usernames and passwords. The administrator is able to make time card adjustments with Paychex Flex. The administrator is able to make payroll modifications using Paychex Flex.

Joshua
Controller in USA
Bau, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

BIG DECISION

Kommentare: Overall, the experience has been neutral. I do have a good payroll account manager. However, Paychex does promote these positions very rapidly. It seems like any time I am assigned a knowledgeable payroll account manager, they are promoted. This leads me to have concerns regarding the consistency of reliable customer support.

I like the general ease of use that this software offers. I have had favorable experiences with my current payroll account manager.

There are often times glitches that can cause issues with payroll deductions. It is crucial to double and triple check your PRINTED COPY prior to submitting each payroll.

Debbie
HR/Payroll/Office Manager in USA
Informationsdienst, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Love the Ease if Online Benefit Administration

Kommentare: Survey software is not something that I usually recommend.

The best thing about this software is that I can do everything I need to do on my computer or mobile phone at any time of the day or night. The application is very easy to access and I administer payroll, 401k, health, dental and vision benefits, FSA and employee additions/changes over the application. Almost every service I utilize through Paychex is on this application. Invaluable! If I'm out of town I can still submit payroll! WOW! What a game changer Paychex Flex has been! The old way of doing business is out the window with Paychex Flex replacing it in a very positive way!

There is a couple of items that I would like to see enhanced. In people, I would like the ability to always pull up my preferred view of employees without having to click on the apply button. My preferred view is saved but will not display until I click on apply. Second, on the people drop down menu from the upper right corner, I would like the ability to select that view as well. When that drop down is selected I get all the employees that have ever been entered into the Paychex database - terminated and active. I want to be able to display just the active employees in that drop down. These are just enhancement requests that in no way affect the valuable pros of the application. The items in the cons are just "nice to haves".

Anna
Accounting Manager in USA
Verpackung und Container, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Paychex Flex - great Payroll your payroll needs

Kommentare: As far as my overall experience, I found Paychex Flex to be one of the most easiest, user friendly payroll software's that I have used. It's also always great to have customer service support for whenever you encounter a new entry/deduction or change and just want to make sure you enter it in correctly. It's nice to always have support and a 2nd set of eyes if needed. Would I recommend this to others??? Yes, I would!

When working with payroll, it's always beneficial when they system is user friendly and the menu items are simple and straight forward. One thing you don't want is to process payroll incorrectly or have to guess at how to properly enter a change. I would also like to mention that switching to Paychex Flex allowed cost savings :) This was definitely a plus!

The only con was using a separate timekeeping system.