Daily use of this product is easy with lots of tools, resources and options, but we felt lied to.

Bewertet am 2.2.2018
Cymry R.
Legal Admin
Anwaltskanzlei, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It makes sending encrypted emails easy and the recipient a reasonably easy way of getting into the information.

Vorteile: I love that there is a knowledge center with all kinds of information about how to build and use the system in the way that's right for you. I love that there are tons of classes and webinars not only about how to use this product, but how the product came improve your over all company.
Despite the cons listed below, we've enjoyed our daily experience with the service and I think its a reasonable alternative and provides the majority of the services as expected.
I think my favorite thing about this service is how much I can figure out how to do on my own, rather then calling and waiting on hold while someone remotes in and figures it out for me.

Nachteile: When we purchases this product, we explained many times exactly how we wanted it to work and what our firm's needs were. After too many long customer service calls we discovered that the way we wanted the software to work just wasn't what it was designed for. Whats more, apparently its not what anything in the industry is designed to do. Needless to say, we were very frustrated we'd done all this work to transfer us over to using Mimecast for our email security. I felt like if they'd just told us we were wanting the impossible, we would of reformatted our search and very likely still gone with Mimecast, but would of had realistic expectations.

Excellent Email Security

Bewertet am 17.9.2019
Nick M.
Senior Systems Administrator
Anwaltskanzlei, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Our overall experience has been pretty positive. This has cut down significantly on the amount of spam coming into our organization. The ability to create bypasses for the existing policies and rules is a huge plus.

Vorteile: Product is easy to administer once you have all the policies and profile groups setup correctly. Adding a new domain/email address to a bypass is done in text and can be done via browser on computer, mobile phone, etc., making administration very easy during the day and on the go.

Nachteile: They are constantly moving services around to different menus and combining features. If you are used to things being in a certain spot and using muscle memory, this can be confusing. Also, if you have internal documentation about how things are done, this requires checking and updating often.

Mimecast Anti Spam

Bewertet am 18.12.2018
IT Specialist
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall very happy with the reduction in junk emails we have seen since starting Mimecast. The options to tailor the settings to filter more or less of certain types of emails has been really helpful. We have also seen a huge decrease in account compromises because the emails just aren't getting through and do not give our users a chance to make mistake, So helpful!

Vorteile: Mimecast does a much better job screening the spam email then we got from simply using the built in Microsoft spam filters offered by Office 365 for Outlook. We have anti-virus that supposedly helps prevent spam email as well but since we have started using Mimecast we get virtually zero junk emails in our inboxes which is nice.

Nachteile: The only real complaints I have about Mimecast is the way it sends you emails and asks whether you want to release, block or permit the email that has been placed on hold. This has caused some of our users difficulty and even some of them have reported these emails as spam to us. It is a simple enough process but for some reason our users either don't read them and understand the email or they see it as junk and just ignore them.

Great product that just works as expected. Easy to use and manage.

Bewertet am 8.11.2017
David M.
Director of Technology Services

Kommentare: Email protection

Vorteile: Mimecast is a great product overall and just works as expected. Because it is a SaaS offering, setup and config is quick and easy and the overall reliability has been everything we expected it to be. Mimecast has also continued to innovate and introduce new offerings to enhance our overall security which is key to staying ahead of the curve from our perspective.

Nachteile: The only con I have with Mimecast is that the administrative console is not the easiest to navigate and is often slow. While the end user facing components are easy to use and do not require much training, the admin portal seems designed by engineers with less end-user perspective. It is also much slower to navigate than other websites.

Mimecast Keeps Company Email/Data Secure

Bewertet am 20.8.2018
Janet N.
Administrative Assistant
Finanzdienstleistungen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The Mimecast Secure Email Gateway has provided us with trust and reliability when looking for a better way to manage our critical information in a more secure way. I trust that Mimecast will continue to do great things for our company. If I could put into better words, I would say that this company is totally worth the investment. I see great changes within my organization since it was launched here. We should to get so many emails that would attempt to get private information through false links. But it has seen been much improved with Mimecast. It has taken the guess out of what is real and what is fake.

Vorteile: I like that Mimecast has features that protect the integrity of our financial email. It's cyber security features are pretty resilient and effective as we aim to strengthen our cyber security measures. My company has just implemented this into our email systems and so far we have seen a change in the level of spam, spyware, malware and other hacking devices. I think we made a great choice going with Mimecast as it is a terrific company if you are looking for email management.

Nachteile: The only thing I do not like but am getting used to is the holding of email until it pushes to outlook. I guess this is protocol to verify outside email but it can be quite annoying as I noticed that some email is held until the end of the work day. I did however, learn that I could go into one of the Mimecast tabs in outlook to find emails that are on hold. No big deal.

Best Email Filtering we have found after using the other big names ones

Bewertet am 19.4.2018
Jeffrey S.
Systems Director
Groߟhandel, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Freed up ALL IT resources for email filtering and monitoring. Rarely have to touch this product.

Vorteile: It stops 99.9% of the garbage and not just the obvious. The Phone plug in is easier to use then Apples mail and you can see all the email in it, crazy fast too. The Desktop app workk great with outlook, empowers the users and stops call to IT. Setup was easy and support gave us all the best practices to use.

Nachteile: The setup can be a bit tough BUT their support will walk you thru any and all issues. Wish there was more SSO options as we have users who would like most software handed to them completely configured and ready to us(no registering).

Mimecast keeps us protected

Bewertet am 18.12.2018
Jon S.
Vice President of Information Technology
Kunststoffe, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Mimecast has give the IT Department peace of mind and great strengthened our security posture.

Vorteile: Mimecast has nearly eliminated phishing attacks and malware via email at our company. It has also greatly reduced spam while still allowing users to catch any false positives and get the emails they need without submitting a ticket.

Nachteile: It was difficult to train users to read through the daily digest, and when some users Blocked certain senders, they didn't realize the wouldn't be able to easily receive future emails from those companies, causing frustrations

Mimecast....it could be better

Bewertet am 13.11.2018
Lindsey H.
Marketing & Business Development Coordinator
Anwaltskanzlei, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I'd like to point out that I am approaching this review from a user standpoint. I want to make it clear that I am not part of my company's IT team, and I am aware that this program has contributed to cleaning up our email server and preventing potentially dangerous/harmful emails from entering our network. As a user, I see somethings that could be fixed, but I know that it is overall doing it's intended job which is good enough for now.

Vorteile: As a user of this software, I like that I can retrieve ANY of my past emails, even if they have been deleted. It gives me peace of mind that nothing is permanent, and I can keep my inbox organized with minimal emails, knowing that I can access anything at any point. I also appreciate the Mimecast app - I don't have to keep my email on my phone and receive constant updates about what is happening while I am outside of the office. I can log into the Mimecast app at my leisure and see everything that is going on.

Nachteile: I just think it is clunky. It is slow, it doesn't always work, and it sometimes disappears from my computer. Seriously - I've had to download and redownload multiple times (with the help of my IT department). I am unsure if that is because of the software itself or because of it's relationship with Outlook and Citrix, but there are definitely some bugs to smooth out. I also think that the search function is not as easy to use as most search functions. It takes a lot of filtering and keyword searching to find what I am looking for, and sometimes it is an impossible job.

Pretty good software!

Bewertet am 26.8.2019
Lindsey H.
Marketing & Business Development Coordinator
Anwaltskanzlei, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have had a great experience with this software. If they could update their app to be more user friendly, I think they would be unstoppable!

Vorteile: It always functions as promised. Every software can glitch from time to time, but rarely do I run into major technical issues with this software.

Nachteile: Every once in a while it will hold back emails that I have definitely allowed to come into my inbox, and the app is pretty clunky, but it functions well most of the time which in the end is all that matters.

Mimecast is a high quality e-mail security service although a bit pricey

Bewertet am 28.12.2018
Connor S.
IT Manager
Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It's just a top notch product, as I said the price is quite high when you look at the competitors however I guarantee you that the support and functionality won't be as good as MimeCasts.

Vorteile: The functionality of the software is amazing, no matter what your setup or need is I'm sure that MimeCast will be able to accommodate you. The customer support has been amazing, every time I have contacted them they've resolved the issue in a thorough and quick manner.

Nachteile: The price, it's a high price compared to some of it's competitors however I do firmly believe you're getting what you pay for. I haven't regretted my purchase of the software at all.

Works well most of the time

Bewertet am 16.3.2019
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Forschung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I would say this is a good solution, but a work in progress nonetheless.

Vorteile: Ease of use - mimecast makes it super easy to deal with all the annoying spam, and other unwanted messages.

Nachteile: It has been known to "eat" an occasional good-willed email from someone not currently in my network. Also, emails from services where you wish to reset your password can take a day or more to appear in your MimeCast folder.

Has saved me from many embarrasing phishing scams!

Bewertet am 21.3.2019
Lawyer
Anwaltskanzlei, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: We have had Mimecast installed on our computers at work since I began working here. There has not yet been one phishing scam (other than internal tests) that has slipped through the mimecast security cracks. This is a must have!

Nachteile: There are times where the plugin fails or it crashes and suddenly disappears from Outlook. I think the outlook integration should be fixed.

Great email Security software

Bewertet am 6.11.2018
Manny P.
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Mimecast can be made more user-friendly and there could always be more improvements made.

Vorteile: Ideal for monitoring emails and very simple setup for retrieve old emails. Integrates easily with O365 and user's can simply access their emails at anytime.

Nachteile: The software every now and then with some user's has ongoing errors with client credentials when passwords are reset, annoying some users.

Solid product with a lot of features and functionality

Bewertet am 6.11.2018
Server Administrator
Informationsdienst, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We use this product to protect about 8000 mailboxes.

Vorteile: Where do i begin?
This is an advanced product for email filtering.
It is solid and works well.
Solid product to put in front of your email server or your cloud platform instance as it offers better than average threat protection.

Nachteile: Interface is not intuitive at all and it will take some getting used to.

Very accurate at filtering out spam

Bewertet am 31.10.2019
Sr. PO

Kommentare: Accurate for filtering out spam emails, could use a revamp on the dashboard

Vorteile: Tool is very accurate at filtering out spam emails and delivering them in a single daily digest so user can pick to read any of them if needed

Nachteile: The user dashboard is hard to get to, and not so user friendly. Email attachments can get lost, specially when coming from outside the company

Comprehensive Email Security

Bewertet am 23.7.2018
Matt M.
Systems Administrator

Vorteile: very feature rich
constantly adding new features to increase layers of protection
integrates well with other Mimecast products
easy for users to understand Mimecast security alerts

Nachteile: configuring some of the policies can be confusing
occasional feature overlap
some SPAM email will still get through unless you set very strict filters

Great cloud-based email scanning and filtering service.

Bewertet am 19.6.2018
Nathan E.
Network Analyst
Anwaltskanzlei, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Highly-scalable and customizable email scanning and filtering in the cloud.

Vorteile: Highly configurable. Very flexible. Provides multiple layers of protection on both inbound and outbound messages. Includes great tools for tracking and reporting.

Nachteile: Some of the layout in the admin console can be a bit confusing as to where certain settings are configured.

Effective but not user friendly

Bewertet am 2.1.2019
Mark N.
IT Support Analyst
Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Mimecast is a great spam filter, however when I am working behind the scenes it can be a bit of a pain.

Vorteile: MimeCast has a very powerful spam filter that hasn't failed me yet. After about 8 months of using it there have been no issues with truly harmful messages getting to my inbox or anyone else in the company. Mimecast has a very simple "permit, block or allow" system that is easy for system administrators to decide with ease, as well as giving reasons why something had been caught in a spam filter.

Nachteile: There are a few issues with Mimecast, one being there is no way for Chrome to remember the password when logging into Mimecast. This might be due to the fact that there are two different pages where you input username and password. I find myself going to my password manager constantly in order to retrieve the password for Mimecast. The main page is not very intuitive either, the developer implemented tabs for the page which for a normal user would probably never use, and even confused me a bit.

Best email filtering and security platform out there

Bewertet am 29.8.2019
Digital Marketing Executive
Versicherung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Really good company to work with, honestly you won't regret working with these guys. Superb.

Vorteile: The secure email gateway never seems to let us down and is absolutely worth paying out for. Blocks out all the bad stuff!

Nachteile: Setup can be a little complicated but got there in the end. Not much else to say as Mimecast is so good.

Mimecast just works!

Bewertet am 6.8.2019
Geoffrey R.
Director of Information Technology and Security
Anwaltskanzlei, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Consistency of a great product. Mimecast just works! We use it for Email protection. It captures spam and viruses, and checks attachments in a sandbox area to check for dangerous files.

Nachteile: Not much to dislike. We really like everything that Mimecast does for us.

A very comprehensive email security product

Bewertet am 6.8.2018
IT Manager
Luft- & Raumfahrt, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Being a SaaS offering, Mimecast can scale with you. The support is fantastic, I have never had a bad experience and their knowledge base is extremely good.

Nachteile: navigating the web portal at first can be a bit confusing. Outlook add in a bit clunky at times.

Thoughts on Mime Cast

Bewertet am 5.6.2019
Executive Assistant
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall I am satisfied with this and ease of using it. It is very important that we communicate with out investors and protect their information.

Vorteile: That I can use it as plug in/add on to my current email software. I do not like when I have to open browser just to see secured email

Nachteile: A few times my email would freeze when I sent a secured email/ or I would have to remove and re-add this software when it was not preforming properly

Solid e-mail filtering platform.

Bewertet am 27.8.2019
Server Administrator
Informationsdienst, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We use this software as an MSP.

Vorteile: Highly available.
Highly reliable.
Almost no false positives.
Very high rate of cleaning.
Very few problems.
Good cutomer support.

Nachteile: Interface is not intuitive and complicated.

Nothing but excellence.

Bewertet am 14.3.2018
Mark J.
IT Infrastructure Manager

Kommentare: Security

Vorteile: MimeCast has helped so much in protecting us against Impersonation attacks which were a daily problem. IT helps us block nearly 10 000 Spam mails a week. since i implemented the MimeCast services my daily hours of work have been cut back and my stress levels have lowered. There support is phenomenal which makes me forget that i am dealing with a South African support line.

Nachteile: If you dont go on some training and try to setup MimeCast by yourself you will battle a bit so take up their offer on training.

Great overall Email Protection

Bewertet am 16.2.2017
Joevanne V.
Security Engineer
Finanzdienstleistungen, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Mimecast has been very effective in our environment. The product provides us with multiple types of protection against spam, malicious emails, and investigations.

Vorteile: Multiple offerings

Nachteile: lacks protections vs phishing