MimeCast Email Security Erfahrungen

Über MimeCast Email Security

Schütze E-Mails, indem du Risiken minimierst und die Verschlüsselung von E-Mails und den Schutz vor Bedrohungen nutzt.

Erfahre mehr über MimeCast Email Security

Constantly adding new features to increase layers of protection. Integrates well with other Mimecast products.

In using this software, we've seen the tool block more emails that it did not need to and we've had to take that extra step to get the email back each time.

Bewertungen zu MimeCast Email Security

MimeCast Email Security hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,3 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 75 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du MimeCast Email Security bereits verwendet?

Director of Technology Services in USA
Anwaltskanzlei, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Great product that just works as expected. Easy to use and manage.

Kommentare: Email protection

Mimecast is a great product overall and just works as expected. Because it is a SaaS offering, setup and config is quick and easy and the overall reliability has been everything we expected it to be. Mimecast has also continued to innovate and introduce new offerings to enhance our overall security which is key to staying ahead of the curve from our perspective.

The only con I have with Mimecast is that the administrative console is not the easiest to navigate and is often slow. While the end user facing components are easy to use and do not require much training, the admin portal seems designed by engineers with less end-user perspective. It is also much slower to navigate than other websites.

shabbir
security analyst in Vereinigte Arabische Emirate
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Excellent in Email Security in protection and handling targeted cyber attacks

Kommentare: Mimecast is one of the leading and best email security solutions currently available in the market in terms of email security or threat protection from cyber attacks. 70% of cyber attacks are from phishing and email security requested the firms to implement tools like Mimecast.

In terms of blocking phishing attacks, sandboxing, URL filtering, and analysis performing as the best solution in the market. Email archiving and securing the messages and sending large files of some additional features really helps the customers to make use of it.

Mimecast is feasible for small or SMB customers as it is expensive and there are other tools that play a bigger role in such a market. Its configurations are not so easy and it takes 2-3 days to synchronize and to completely use its full features.

Lindsey
Lindsey
Marketing & Business Development Coordinator in USA

Mimecast....it could be better

Kommentare: I'd like to point out that I am approaching this review from a user standpoint. I want to make it clear that I am not part of my company's IT team, and I am aware that this program has contributed to cleaning up our email server and preventing potentially dangerous/harmful emails from entering our network. As a user, I see somethings that could be fixed, but I know that it is overall doing it's intended job which is good enough for now.

As a user of this software, I like that I can retrieve ANY of my past emails, even if they have been deleted. It gives me peace of mind that nothing is permanent, and I can keep my inbox organized with minimal emails, knowing that I can access anything at any point. I also appreciate the Mimecast app - I don't have to keep my email on my phone and receive constant updates about what is happening while I am outside of the office. I can log into the Mimecast app at my leisure and see everything that is going on.

I just think it is clunky. It is slow, it doesn't always work, and it sometimes disappears from my computer. Seriously - I've had to download and redownload multiple times (with the help of my IT department). I am unsure if that is because of the software itself or because of it's relationship with Outlook and Citrix, but there are definitely some bugs to smooth out. I also think that the search function is not as easy to use as most search functions. It takes a lot of filtering and keyword searching to find what I am looking for, and sometimes it is an impossible job.

Medizinische Geräte, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Mimecast Email Protect

Kommentare: Overall Mimecast has been a good solution with decent support. Our largest issue is the huge cost increase year over year that has us looking for other solutions.

Mimecast is a great email protection service that provides integrations into other security platforms.

The yearly subscription cost jumped over 25% for a renewal.

Peter
System Administrator in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Robust and easy

Kommentare: Overall, they have been easy to work with and have a robust solution. The rep we have is responsive and always helpful, which is nice. Support is generally good, though recent years have shown that its getting worse.

The level of granularity in policy creation while still being robust and easy to use.

Troubleshooting, although easier than some software, can be difficult to do via tracking. We've tried chasing down messages that triggered a policy despite being exempt, only to find it was some nuance of how that one policy worked.

Brian
Sr. Systems Administrator in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Mimecast has really improved our spam situation and reduced the amount of time we need to deal with

Kommentare: We have had great success with Mimecast. Our user base has really taken to the product, so much so that a few wondered what had happened to all of their spam!

Mimecast is very good at catching spam before it hits a user's inbox. It also has great features like attachment sandboxing which are eye opening.

Mimecast can be daunting to get set up initially; there are many different configuration screens which all work together. Configuring policies can be confusing, but support is quite capable and you should make use of that resource as you get things up and running.

Samantha
Firm Administrator in USA
Buchhaltung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Does the job

Kommentare: This is a great overall product and I would certainly recommend it.

I like that it not only scans and detects malicious/junk emails, it also protects users from links that they click on - scanning the web page before it opens.

I don't like the portal that the junk emails go to. It is not that user friendly but thankfully I don't need to login to it all that often. Emails do take longer to receive by having this security but it is well worth it.

Masturah
Masturah
Administrative Assistant in Malaysia
Telekommunikation, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Protect email with MimeCast

Kommentare: MimeCast Email security provide some security regarding my email protection, but not total protection.

I have use this software as additional to protect and secure my email in the Microsoft Office 365. It is quite easy to use and i can setting it up independently by following the guides that are provided. It has protection over malicious email or spam email and block it from my main email inbox.

Even-tho there are filters for spam emails, the detection rate is not really the best as i still can see some of the spam email manage to be delivered to my main inbox. The email body and the title scream spam email, but unfortunately it can be detected by the filter is bothering me.

Jon
Jon
Vice President of Information Technology in USA
Kunststoffe, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Mimecast keeps us protected

Kommentare: Mimecast has give the IT Department peace of mind and great strengthened our security posture.

Mimecast has nearly eliminated phishing attacks and malware via email at our company. It has also greatly reduced spam while still allowing users to catch any false positives and get the emails they need without submitting a ticket.

It was difficult to train users to read through the daily digest, and when some users Blocked certain senders, they didn't realize the wouldn't be able to easily receive future emails from those companies, causing frustrations

Elizabeth
Elizabeth
Customer Success Program Manager in USA
Computer-Software, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

MimeCast is easy to use, and blocks spam messages

Kommentare: Overall, MimeCast is easy to use and easy to setup. I think it is a good email security provider - even though there are some glitches.

-Spam blocking -Potential phishing filtering - Ease of use and criteria setup -Works well with Outlook

-MimeCast often confuses emails from the same person but different companies (ie, I have two different work emails) and identifies them as phishing, and blocks them from being sent.

Janet
Administrative Assistant in USA
Finanzdienstleistungen, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Mimecast Keeps Company Email/Data Secure

Kommentare: The Mimecast Secure Email Gateway has provided us with trust and reliability when looking for a better way to manage our critical information in a more secure way. I trust that Mimecast will continue to do great things for our company. If I could put into better words, I would say that this company is totally worth the investment. I see great changes within my organization since it was launched here. We should to get so many emails that would attempt to get private information through false links. But it has seen been much improved with Mimecast. It has taken the guess out of what is real and what is fake.

I like that Mimecast has features that protect the integrity of our financial email. It's cyber security features are pretty resilient and effective as we aim to strengthen our cyber security measures. My company has just implemented this into our email systems and so far we have seen a change in the level of spam, spyware, malware and other hacking devices. I think we made a great choice going with Mimecast as it is a terrific company if you are looking for email management.

The only thing I do not like but am getting used to is the holding of email until it pushes to outlook. I guess this is protocol to verify outside email but it can be quite annoying as I noticed that some email is held until the end of the work day. I did however, learn that I could go into one of the Mimecast tabs in outlook to find emails that are on hold. No big deal.

JASON
Sales Manager in USA
Kunststoffe, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

It works, Keep junk mail out

Kommentare: This stopped us from getting hacked! Good program, works as it should.

This is a good program. It really does keep junk and malicious mail out of your inbox. I liked the daily updates on what it caught so I could easily add senders to my approved or blocked lists.

Really none. It could be too sensitive at times but that was resolved with little headache by just approving the sender. However, if you were waiting for a reply and had to go and check Mimecast it could be annoying.

Matt
Systems Administrator in USA

Comprehensive Email Security

very feature rich constantly adding new features to increase layers of protection integrates well with other Mimecast products easy for users to understand Mimecast security alerts

configuring some of the policies can be confusing occasional feature overlap some SPAM email will still get through unless you set very strict filters

Luft- & Raumfahrt, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

A very comprehensive email security product

Being a SaaS offering, Mimecast can scale with you. The support is fantastic, I have never had a bad experience and their knowledge base is extremely good.

navigating the web portal at first can be a bit confusing. Outlook add in a bit clunky at times.

Mark
Mark
IT Infrastructure Manager in Südafrika

Nothing but excellence.

Kommentare: Security

MimeCast has helped so much in protecting us against Impersonation attacks which were a daily problem. IT helps us block nearly 10 000 Spam mails a week. since i implemented the MimeCast services my daily hours of work have been cut back and my stress levels have lowered. There support is phenomenal which makes me forget that i am dealing with a South African support line.

If you dont go on some training and try to setup MimeCast by yourself you will battle a bit so take up their offer on training.

sunny
Director in Kanada
Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit, 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

Decent Email Security product

Kommentare: It's good product compared to the price hence a good investment

The product is very easy to configure and provide good level of protection against phishing and other email based malware.

It's still an upcoming product and can use some upgrade when it comes to detection engine. Some emails were missed but overall detection is good.

Andrew
Senior Program Manager in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Solid email security product

Kommentare: Overall it's a solid product, does its job well, and I would recommend it.

MimeCast Email Security makes it easy for us to mitigate email-based security threats and users generally tend to not notice it's even there, which is the best we could ask for.

It can slow down delivery sometimes, which usually isn't a big issue but can be an annoyance for workers and create spikes in support tickets.

Ashton
Ashton
Director of Information Technology in USA
Architektur & Planung, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE

Kommentare: Just headaches

We have a 3 year contract, and they do not abide by their SLA's at all. We will be shredding the contract, and moving back to barracuda. Our email system was infiltrated 3 times in a week, even after Mimecast themselves set up the policies to prevent this. They can not support a thing, account reps dont answer, and no one responds. They just want your money for nothing in return.

Marcial
Marcial
IT Engineer in USA
Bau, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Threat Intelligence

Kommentare: Organization gradually decrease phishing attacks successfully

it provides actionable data on what types of attacks are targeting the organization

requires end-user training for some basis commands

Jeff
VP of Customer Service in USA
Finanzdienstleistungen, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Mimecast help with Email Traffic

Kommentare: Helps with time management and weeding out users you do not want to receive emails from.

I like that 95% of emails that get stopped by Mimecast are worthless. Saves a lot of time and helps clean up spam coming in.

Occasionally, internal emails sent internally to all get hung up in here. Does not always make sense why.

Kevin
It Director in USA
Öl & Energie, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

So you want to get rid of all the junk coming into your email server?

Spoofs, wanncry, spear phishing to the CFO, AP clerks. Its a legitimate concern. We looked at proofpoint, but the minimum head count for licensing was 350. In comes mimecast. They focus on the emerging small and medium businesses who are not fortune 500 (though PP does protect half of the fortune 500) and the software does a fantastic job. Its quite literally just an MX record change to get on board.

Honestly, I've not found anything yet. Thus far its been perfect. I'm working through a small .msi deployment issue of the outlook toolbar addon, but that's about it.

Caren
Assistant in Kanada

Stopping emails

Filters out stupid emails that I do not need to see

Filters our important emails and delay in receiving emails

Will
Manager of Financial Planning and Analysis in USA
Telekommunikation, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Mimecast Review

Kommentare: So far this product has really cleaned up my inbox.

I like how this product finds spam and gives me the option to permanently block so that I don't have to manually unsubscribe and delete emails.

Sometimes this product holds up emails that are not harmful, which could eventually pose a problem if I am under a timetable.

Scott
Managing Director of IT in USA

Wouldn't move to O365 without it.

One of the only solutions I've found that provde continutity for O365. Works with on premise, cloud or Hybrid.

Still needs calendar and contact in the continutiy client. The community group is very active and the features are planed for upcoming releases.

Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

The new email security top dog

The ability to create various spam protection policies, sync with active directory and block and filter emails based on either email address or domain.

The UI can be difficult to navigate, some things are in multiple places, but do different things. Confused? Yeah me too.