MimeCast Email Security Erfahrungen

Über MimeCast Email Security

Schütze E-Mails, indem du Risiken minimierst und die Verschlüsselung von E-Mails und den Schutz vor Bedrohungen nutzt.

Erfahre mehr über MimeCast Email Security

Constantly adding new features to increase layers of protection. Integrates well with other Mimecast products.

In using this software, we've seen the tool block more emails that it did not need to and we've had to take that extra step to get the email back each time.

Bewertungen zu MimeCast Email Security

MimeCast Email Security hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,3 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 76 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du MimeCast Email Security bereits verwendet?

Director of Technology Services in USA
Anwaltskanzlei, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Great product that just works as expected. Easy to use and manage.

Kommentare: Email protection

Mimecast is a great product overall and just works as expected. Because it is a SaaS offering, setup and config is quick and easy and the overall reliability has been everything we expected it to be. Mimecast has also continued to innovate and introduce new offerings to enhance our overall security which is key to staying ahead of the curve from our perspective.

The only con I have with Mimecast is that the administrative console is not the easiest to navigate and is often slow. While the end user facing components are easy to use and do not require much training, the admin portal seems designed by engineers with less end-user perspective. It is also much slower to navigate than other websites.

shabbir
security analyst in Vereinigte Arabische Emirate
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Excellent in Email Security in protection and handling targeted cyber attacks

Kommentare: Mimecast is one of the leading and best email security solutions currently available in the market in terms of email security or threat protection from cyber attacks. 70% of cyber attacks are from phishing and email security requested the firms to implement tools like Mimecast.

In terms of blocking phishing attacks, sandboxing, URL filtering, and analysis performing as the best solution in the market. Email archiving and securing the messages and sending large files of some additional features really helps the customers to make use of it.

Mimecast is feasible for small or SMB customers as it is expensive and there are other tools that play a bigger role in such a market. Its configurations are not so easy and it takes 2-3 days to synchronize and to completely use its full features.

Marketing & Business Development Coordinator in USA

Mimecast....it could be better

Kommentare: I'd like to point out that I am approaching this review from a user standpoint. I want to make it clear that I am not part of my company's IT team, and I am aware that this program has contributed to cleaning up our email server and preventing potentially dangerous/harmful emails from entering our network. As a user, I see somethings that could be fixed, but I know that it is overall doing it's intended job which is good enough for now.

As a user of this software, I like that I can retrieve ANY of my past emails, even if they have been deleted. It gives me peace of mind that nothing is permanent, and I can keep my inbox organized with minimal emails, knowing that I can access anything at any point. I also appreciate the Mimecast app - I don't have to keep my email on my phone and receive constant updates about what is happening while I am outside of the office. I can log into the Mimecast app at my leisure and see everything that is going on.

I just think it is clunky. It is slow, it doesn't always work, and it sometimes disappears from my computer. Seriously - I've had to download and redownload multiple times (with the help of my IT department). I am unsure if that is because of the software itself or because of it's relationship with Outlook and Citrix, but there are definitely some bugs to smooth out. I also think that the search function is not as easy to use as most search functions. It takes a lot of filtering and keyword searching to find what I am looking for, and sometimes it is an impossible job.

Lucia
HR Manager in USA
Unternehmensberatung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

A Very Secure Email Marketing Solution

Email security gateway management is easy and very effortless to use.

Not an issue with MimeCast Email Security

Peter
System Administrator in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Robust and easy

Kommentare: Overall, they have been easy to work with and have a robust solution. The rep we have is responsive and always helpful, which is nice. Support is generally good, though recent years have shown that its getting worse.

The level of granularity in policy creation while still being robust and easy to use.

Troubleshooting, although easier than some software, can be difficult to do via tracking. We've tried chasing down messages that triggered a policy despite being exempt, only to find it was some nuance of how that one policy worked.

Medizinische Geräte, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Mimecast Email Protect

Kommentare: Overall Mimecast has been a good solution with decent support. Our largest issue is the huge cost increase year over year that has us looking for other solutions.

Mimecast is a great email protection service that provides integrations into other security platforms.

The yearly subscription cost jumped over 25% for a renewal.

Samantha
Firm Administrator in USA
Buchhaltung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Does the job

Kommentare: This is a great overall product and I would certainly recommend it.

I like that it not only scans and detects malicious/junk emails, it also protects users from links that they click on - scanning the web page before it opens.

I don't like the portal that the junk emails go to. It is not that user friendly but thankfully I don't need to login to it all that often. Emails do take longer to receive by having this security but it is well worth it.

Masturah
Masturah
Administrative Assistant in Malaysia
Telekommunikation, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Protect email with MimeCast

Kommentare: MimeCast Email security provide some security regarding my email protection, but not total protection.

I have use this software as additional to protect and secure my email in the Microsoft Office 365. It is quite easy to use and i can setting it up independently by following the guides that are provided. It has protection over malicious email or spam email and block it from my main email inbox.

Even-tho there are filters for spam emails, the detection rate is not really the best as i still can see some of the spam email manage to be delivered to my main inbox. The email body and the title scream spam email, but unfortunately it can be detected by the filter is bothering me.

Jon
Jon
Vice President of Information Technology in USA
Kunststoffe, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Mimecast keeps us protected

Kommentare: Mimecast has give the IT Department peace of mind and great strengthened our security posture.

Mimecast has nearly eliminated phishing attacks and malware via email at our company. It has also greatly reduced spam while still allowing users to catch any false positives and get the emails they need without submitting a ticket.

It was difficult to train users to read through the daily digest, and when some users Blocked certain senders, they didn't realize the wouldn't be able to easily receive future emails from those companies, causing frustrations

Marketing & Business Development Coordinator in USA

Pretty good software!

Kommentare: I have had a great experience with this software. If they could update their app to be more user friendly, I think they would be unstoppable!

It always functions as promised. Every software can glitch from time to time, but rarely do I run into major technical issues with this software.

Every once in a while it will hold back emails that I have definitely allowed to come into my inbox, and the app is pretty clunky, but it functions well most of the time which in the end is all that matters.

Janet
Administrative Assistant in USA
Finanzdienstleistungen, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Mimecast Keeps Company Email/Data Secure

Kommentare: The Mimecast Secure Email Gateway has provided us with trust and reliability when looking for a better way to manage our critical information in a more secure way. I trust that Mimecast will continue to do great things for our company. If I could put into better words, I would say that this company is totally worth the investment. I see great changes within my organization since it was launched here. We should to get so many emails that would attempt to get private information through false links. But it has seen been much improved with Mimecast. It has taken the guess out of what is real and what is fake.

I like that Mimecast has features that protect the integrity of our financial email. It's cyber security features are pretty resilient and effective as we aim to strengthen our cyber security measures. My company has just implemented this into our email systems and so far we have seen a change in the level of spam, spyware, malware and other hacking devices. I think we made a great choice going with Mimecast as it is a terrific company if you are looking for email management.

The only thing I do not like but am getting used to is the holding of email until it pushes to outlook. I guess this is protocol to verify outside email but it can be quite annoying as I noticed that some email is held until the end of the work day. I did however, learn that I could go into one of the Mimecast tabs in outlook to find emails that are on hold. No big deal.

JASON
Sales Manager in USA
Kunststoffe, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

It works, Keep junk mail out

Kommentare: This stopped us from getting hacked! Good program, works as it should.

This is a good program. It really does keep junk and malicious mail out of your inbox. I liked the daily updates on what it caught so I could easily add senders to my approved or blocked lists.

Really none. It could be too sensitive at times but that was resolved with little headache by just approving the sender. However, if you were waiting for a reply and had to go and check Mimecast it could be annoying.

Matt
Systems Administrator in USA

Comprehensive Email Security

very feature rich constantly adding new features to increase layers of protection integrates well with other Mimecast products easy for users to understand Mimecast security alerts

configuring some of the policies can be confusing occasional feature overlap some SPAM email will still get through unless you set very strict filters

Geoffrey
Director of Information Technology and Security in USA

Mimecast just works!

Consistency of a great product. Mimecast just works! We use it for Email protection. It captures spam and viruses, and checks attachments in a sandbox area to check for dangerous files.

Not much to dislike. We really like everything that Mimecast does for us.

Steven
iae in USA
Telekommunikation, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Gets the Job Done!

Kommentare: I highly recommend this to anyone looking for an email filtering solution.

The email filtering is superior to all other products we previously used. Additionally, it makes it really easy for an end user like me to whitelist/black list emails which is very important to me.

Sometimes it doesn't keep my white listed email addresses and it will flag them but this isn't much of an issue.

Gary
Investor in USA
Finanzdienstleistungen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

User of the software, useful and effective

Mimecast provides email security at my company - it is effective at screening spam emails and generally I find it easy to use to review filter/held emails which may be suspicious

Occassionally, inbound emails with attachments from gmail accounts are permanently rejected with no way to retrieve which I find someone annoying

Philip
Analyst in UK
Unternehmensberatung, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

We use mimecast as an additional layer of e-mail security. I mainly notice it when it pops up when I

Kommentare: Additional protection from e-mail hacks.

It is very important as a business to protect yourself from being hacked through e-mails. One of the largest issues is users being compromised by e-mails that make it through the spam filter and mimecast is a good way of making users stop and think before opening links.

I think that this software is fairly expensive considering the role that it plays, however, it is an important thing to get right.

Jim
Purchasing Manager in USA
Biotechnologie, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Good Outlook Security

Kommentare: Mimecast helps protect our business from phishing and other malicious emails.

The Outlook add-on makes it easy to monitor on-hold emails and release, permit or block individual emails and addresses. Mimecast also sends you daily emails letting you know which emails are on hold.

In a lot of cases junk email makes its way through the filter, while legitimate emails may be held.

Daniel
Technical Coordinator in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Great Email Bouncer

Kommentare: Works well, and I love it.

Using this has been fairly simple. Our users just get the "PostMaster" from Mimecast for anything that the product doesn't know if it is good or bad and the user selects the appropriate portion. It works very well for acting as an email bouncer.

Most users forget that it is there and ignore their PostMaster emails

Jeff
VP of Customer Service in USA
Finanzdienstleistungen, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Mimecast help with Email Traffic

Kommentare: Helps with time management and weeding out users you do not want to receive emails from.

I like that 95% of emails that get stopped by Mimecast are worthless. Saves a lot of time and helps clean up spam coming in.

Occasionally, internal emails sent internally to all get hung up in here. Does not always make sense why.

Kevin
Kevin
IT Manager in USA
Öl & Energie

Lots to like about this product

We originally looked at proofpoint, but as a 300 employee company, it was too big and expensive for us. Also, the license count minimums for PP were very high. Mimecast came in about 60 percent less, for very similar services. Our biggest threat was phishing, and executive spear phishing. With a 100% SLA uptime, email continuity, 99 year archiving with unlimited data, and basically just rerouting your MX record, this service is a no brainer.

My only beef was I was told by sales you could use this with non dedicated hosted exchange at rackspace, but after the sale I was told its not true. We moved to 365.

Tiefbau, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

MimeCast - Great Email Protection

Kommentare: Experience has been great. We have great threat protection, URL scanning, Spam protection, Impersonation & Spoofing protection, appended disclaimers, etc. the list goes on. It all just works and all our accounts authenticate against Active Directory (Azure App). Support is much better than most our other vendors.

It was very easy to setup and administration is a breeze. Support is always available and very helpful.

Nothing I really dislike about this software.

Alice
Paralegal in USA
Anwaltskanzlei, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

MimeCast

Kommentare: It works, it's easy and its reliable!

It is an effective alternative for sending large files via email. I like that it gives me the option to password protect.

That I constantly need to be integrating it to my outlook and maybe the instructions sent to the recipient could be more visibly appealing. I don't like that it limits access to 30 days only instead of being able to customize the time frame.

Versicherung, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Excellent technical support team, very supportive

cloud service and enforced TLS, customizing branding abilities and pricing was really good. the staff was really supportive whenever I asked any question.

I would like to see more features expanding from email security and ability to grow in the market of cloud strategy competitively.

Einzelhandel, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

MimeCast Email Security Review

Kommentare: Overall, the extra protection as a whole is worth knowing that the greater base is less likely to undergo possible email hacking/phishing!

Love the extra layer of security for our entire email management from phishing and other cyber attacks. More confidence now with data management.