Heartland Payment Processing Erfahrungen

Über Heartland Payment Processing

Ob im Geschäft oder online, Heartland wandelt mehr Shopper in tatsächliche Käufer um und verarbeitet Zahlungen sicher und schnell.

Erfahre mehr über Heartland Payment Processing

They provide complete test cases and test API to verify and implement a solution.

Bewertungen zu Heartland Payment Processing

3,8
3,3
3,7
3,2

Heartland Payment Processing hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 3,8 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 53 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Heartland Payment Processing bereits verwendet?

Rachel
Rachel
CEO I Founder in USA

One of the best in class for this service

I am not sure anyone can beat Heartland Payment Systems. We moved between processing companies 4 times over 5 years and as a consultant for other hospitality businesses I still recommend them ahead of all else. From the reps, to the service, ease of use, low processing rates and an incredible company that stands behind it all. This is a brand you can trust and service you can count on.

There are no cons with Heartland unless you can't find a rep in your local area. Then I say, work with them anyway, they are worth it and you will be treated like family no matter what.

Kris
CEO in USA
Verbraucherdienste, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Heartland is easy to use, transparent, and has lower fees

Kommentare: It's easy. I don't have that nagging feeling that I am being ripped off because of hidden fees because there aren't any.

The customer service is amazing! The people are so friendly and helpful when you need help. The software is very easy to use. You see everything! There aren't hidden fees or fees that are impossible to figure out and the fees are lower than others.

It doesn't seem to be set up for automatic payments or maybe it is, but I haven't figured it out yet. It's the one area where customer service wasn't able to help me.

Charles
Marketing & Werbung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Beware of Heartland

Kommentare: I have to rate my experience with Heartland as very, very poor at this point. I moved away from them to Beyond and was able to cut my credit card processing costs in just about half.

When I used to have a rep that I could easily contact and he would find help I needed.

Heartland started lopping fees on us over the years. Their support has failed to provide me with a customer file as I was promised I would be able to get. They were zero help in that regard for my switching processors. And I do not like how they handle charge-backs from customers who have defrauded us.

JD
JD
Controller in USA
Automotive, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Good Credit Card Processor

Kommentare: Heartland does exactly what they've said they were going to do. They allow us to take credit cards and they pay us the very next day.

They do what I need them to do and I have had no issues in the last 2.5 years we've been with them. They also have stellar customer service. Every time I call, I get someone who is very pleasant and helpful, which is difficult to get with most companies.

Their website looks beautiful but it can be difficult to use and VERY slow to load. Also, their pricing is beyond convoluted so I have no idea what I'm paying for, but I do sense my rates rising.

Tim
General Manager in USA
Automotive, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

regular user

Kommentare: Overall experience was favorable

ease of ACH and recurring billing set up -

did not have capability to handle employment taxes in Canada - problem for us as we had a couple of Canadian employees

Carolyn
Owner, President. in USA
Verbraucherdienste, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

It works, but costs a bit more than the product is worth. Customer service and Tech support are iffy.

Kommentare: Heartland is enormous. Everything you need to fix is taken care of by a different team. But a member of that team is assigned to you, so there is a chance of developing a relationship, helping you to build a good experience for you customers.
But the online experience of working with heartland can be over whelming. Different website to visit for each product of theirs you use.
The software for the POS is outdated, as they are well aware. They're developing another mobile payments option, which was more problematic than helpful by the time I left in April of 2023. The didn't tell me the new product was still in Beta, I only found out after I was committed, and having issues with the product.

They kept some of the records well. They were easy to roll out. Kinda, but that's mostly due to how dated the product is.

The updated product (I left them April, 2023), and which I used for 2 weeks, was still in Beta when I left. I don't think it was ready to be rolled out, but the older product lacked certain analytics that I needed. When I reached out to tech support for help with the new product, I received vastly different support than other teams had previously offered. They were rude and then ghosted me. I was disappointed that I was sold an upgrade for product without having been told it was in Beta.

Antwort von Heartland

vor 3 Monaten

Hi Carolyn, thank you for your honest feedback. We are sorry to hear you didn't get the support you needed. At Heartland, we take such matters seriously and are committed to providing consistent and helpful customer support. We will certainly share your feedback with our teams to ensure this matter is improved upon. If you have anything additional you'd like to discuss, please send your contact information to the provided email, and we'll connect with you to learn more about your experience.

Katie
Property Manager in USA
Immobilien, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Heartland Laundry Smartcard System

I like that our tenants have to option of paying for the laundry services online.

I wish that our on site machines could simply accept a credit card instead of having to go online to purchase a code.

Theodore
owner in USA
Restaurants, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

The Buttered Biscuit Waynesville NC

Kommentare: It will break a mom and pop restaurant with the fees of processing and a unusable system.

When working the terminal was easy to use.

Third party contractor Retail systems inc. could not keep system running to save their lives.

Kelsey
Kelsey
Marketing Specialist in USA
Staatsverwaltung, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Heartland Payment Processing

Kommentare: Overall, Heartland is a great tool. I've used others in the past, but this one is one of the best.

It's a great tool to be able to take payments and allow people to make payments online. We have had great success with integrating the platform onto our website. It's very easy to maneuver.

We've had some issues with the connection between the online software to a credit card machine. If we are inputting customer information directly into the website or platform then it works perfectly, but the link to a credit card machine can be spotty. Additionally, the reporting on Heartland isn't as great as I would like. It can be difficult to go back and find transactions in the system.

Jonathan
Jonathan
High School Latin & Greek Teacher in USA
Restaurants, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Heartland in managing a restaurant

I find the payment processing at heartland very efficient, it provides easy refunds and corrections at relative speed

It seems a little more archaic in appearance than square and is a little slower, but it does what is required

Patricia
Accounting Manager in USA
Möbel, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Lack of customer service, support, knowledge

Kommentare: I can't get my questions answered!! No one has a clue, but we are paying a expensive fee. The sales rep sold me on a platform which was supposed to be better and cheaper, but I am a firmly believe he opened a new account to make a sale for himself. It was almost exactly the same and more expensive!! When asked for a refund, heartland was unable to do it.

The software is easy to use, but I am so frustrated that I am not likely anything from heartland. Heartland support, the software is outsourced. Heartland employees will send you NMI employees and gateway support. What does Heartland payment processing platform cover??

Heartland support, the software is outsourced. Heartland employees will send you NMI employees and gateway support. What does Heartland payment processing platform cover?? I called today and i was on the phone for 1 hour, I called heartland, heartland nmi, they told me to call heartland gateway, they told me to go back to heartland nmi. I just needed to reset a password. So confusing of who to talk to or call.

Denise
Denise
Sportartikel, 2–10 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Heartland's systems are from the stone ages

Kommentare: Horrible. Their customer service people are nice but the systems are so messed up that the sites are down a lot and then you cant get in. When I logged in to my statements website it was a totally different business and the person on the phone could not figure it out. So I requested paper statements to be mailed and that was $20 more a month. Then I requested the person to email me a statement and he had to put me on hold to get approval to email the statements. Mind you they could not get me into my portal to receive statements! Their error. So frustrating to deal with. I run a small store with a website and they did not provide good service so I cancelled. I asked them to not charge me all of my cancellation fees since their service has been so bad, they refused. All they care about is your money!

I did not like anything about this software. They are horrible.

The online credit card processing allowed a lot of fraud payments thru. Then they would charge our small business fees to compensate for that. When I called customer service it would be at least an hour to deal with them. For each area of information... refunds, statement, charges, there are different logins. I had 4 different log ins by the time I cancelled and paid the cancellation fees (which they quoted me $200 then said they will probably charge me more). This system is old and they are not doing the proper protocol to fix it. I would I highly recommend going with anyone else besides them. We switched to swipe and have not had one charge back.

Chase
Gastgewerbe, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Company error, falsely added to TMF "blacklist, can't get merchant services, Beware!!!

Kommentare: Absolutely terrible from start to finish, hopefully Capterra will help me rectify the damage they have caused us. They don't care at all about the customer experience, maybe they care about their online reputation. I even tried to apply for merchant services with them to trigger an update on our account, and they won't even respond.

Negative and costly experience all around. Permanently damaged our business. They refuse to explain anything at all about blocking my business on the TMF list, thus damaging our ability to apply for any merchant services.

Zero follow through during the aggressive sales attempt, poor documentation processing, no support. They "blackballed" our company and no one has any information whatsoever, and no training on how to direct us. Hours and hours invested on phone and email with zero progress toward understanding how this happened. This is FRAUD and they should be required legally to explain and justify their mistakes.

Neal
President in USA
Einzelhandel, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Beware of what they say and what you receive

Kommentare: When we started Heartland worked fine compared to our old processing company. Then I found out I could get a much cheaper alternative. I tried to change companies but was told my salespersonlocked me into a contract. This was the one stipulation I insisted on when I signed the contract which was done on a tablet. I was assured I could cancel at anytime. Now I find out he didn't tell the truth.BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY

It served the purpose at first but I found a cheaper option and Heartland doesn't honor their contract.

The service and the cost are below par. Don't sign up with this company.

Good secure payment processing

Kommentare: This software allowed us to process all kinds of credit cards in a retail setting. So many people buy with credit that it really is a necessity.

Solid company and software. They worked with us on getting it working using our particular setup. Never have a worry about equipment or software working. Costs are about the same as other payment processing I've used. Customer support is the most helpful and would even come around in person when I asked them to. They also were willing to go out of their way to help me get out of another company's contract to get back with them.

It may have been an add-on, but we were never able to load, check balances or redeem gift cards with our version.

Barbara
partner in USA
Bekleidung & Mode, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Poor Customer Service

As long as we were using the point of sale system, we were very happy. Cancelling our service was a nightmare.

We were charged for 3 months after attempting to stop our service. After speaking to Customer Support [SENSITIVE CONTENT] I was told that I would receive a call or email within 3 - 5 days from the client-management team about a refund. After 7 days of no contact, I called back and had to insist on speaking to a client manager. I finally spoke to [SENSITIVE CONTENT], a Client Manager, who said that there was nothing he could do to reclaim the fees charged to us. Very poor client service.

Shawnda
Front desk and Administration in USA
Gastgewerbe, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Easy to use for the user

Kommentare: When we used this on the Front desk, it always seemed to work just fine. In our restaurant, it would have a day here and there, but customer support was always effective at doing what they could as fast as they could, regardless of whether it seemed fast enough on our end. When this system works, you forget that it's there almost, it's that straight forward to use once it's set up. (I wasn't there when it was set up.)

It was always easy to use, and if it wasn't working, the Customer Support was thorough.

I didn't use it enough to have any complaints, really. Other than it wouldn't work sometimes, but that happens to anything.

Michelle
CO-Owner/GM in USA

An owner-operator using Heartland for credit card processing & payroll

I really like using Heartland for credit card processing and payroll. There fees are super low comparatively to other software. Also, the statements are very easy to understand.

I am very pleased with Heartland and have used them for credit card processing at multiple units for over 3 years. I really don't have any cons. One time we had an issue where a guest's card was authorized multiple times due to a glitch and it showed up as pending transactions. Heartland helped me explain the situation to the guest and completely helped resolve the technical error.

Daniel
Manager in USA
Restaurants, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

First Rate Payment Processing

Kommentare: As I mentioned, heartland has been a partner of ours from our launch. And we have been able to keep that relationship year after year. They are a leader in payment processing. We have been approached repeatedly by competitors, but have stuck with heartland.

We have used Heartland from day one, nearly 10 years now. They have quality service and support. They have easy to understand billing and statements and have kept a competitive rate.

I would like to see more included features and support for clients in the way of sales support and marketing.

Linda
Funeral Concierge in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Heartland: The Ease of Small Business Payment Processing

Kommentare: When more than one person is responsible for payment, our customers sometimes have to elect to do installment payments in a short period of time. Paying on line or over the telephone makes the transactions so much easier. This method of processing is an asset to the efficiency of our day to day operation. We also added an online payment portal at one of our locations that is working out extremely well. Our customers love it. The funds go directly to the bank which cuts down on employees handling money.

Heartland Payment Processing is simple and user friendly. We are a fast paced business and processing payments quickly is necessary.

The cons of the program is the processor will stop working when the tape is low but it does not give you an alert.

Beth
President in USA
Tierarzt, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Rip off

Typical Credit Card processesers. Lining theit pocket while small business pays.

Heartland does not take care of their customers. Stay away from Heartland! They will rip you off!

Joe
IT in USA
Einzelhandel, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Heartland Payment Services

Integration into Point of Sale system and Web Portal.

Sometimes we don’t understand bills and charges.

Immobilien, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

I use Heartland in my daily work with and it makes it very easy to process payments pretty quickly.

Heartland is easy to use, works qyuckly and accessing previously run payments and reciepts are very easy.

I wish Heartland connected to the other software we use, to make it easier for our accounting department and agents. If the system connected to yardi and the information was inputted automatically it would save us a lot of time.

Annie
Co-Owner / Head Brewer in USA
Essen & Trinken, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Switching to Heartland: one of the worst mistakes we’ve made

Kommentare: Heartland is the source of our biggest problem right now, and we’re a restaurant during a pandemic. We’ve been shut down in one form or another for over 12 months and having Heartland hold back 100% of our credit sales during this is seriously catastrophic.

I can’t think of anything positive to say to Heartland after they have failed so miserably to do their job.

Heartland Payment Processing has been doing the opposite of what their supposed to do, which is process our credit payments and deposit them into our bank account. Heartland debits fees from our account and then doesn’t deposit the sales. This problem has been occurring for two months and Heartland has shown no interest in fixing the problem. It takes me an average of 30-45 minutes on the phone each day to convince someone to force our batches to close. Sometimes the calls last as much as an hour, and many times I can’t get anyone on the phone who has any idea what to do.

Rebecca
Office Manager in USA
Bau, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Terrible

Kommentare: We have been in service for over 12 years. It is the worst company I have had the pleasure of dealing with. Typical sales pitch, promise you everything but refuses to back it up. The site was not user friendly, for a Mac at least. She told us it would work fine on a Mac but once we signed up she said they weren't really "set up for Mac's." Our overall experience with this company has been disappointing.

- Automatic Withdraws on accounts that pay montly

- Had to change password every 30 days. If you did not log into the Portico site within 30 days, you had to spend 30 minutes on the phone for them to reset your password. - Sales Rep is awful. We were told no monthly fees and no contracts. We had monthly fees almost every single month after a year (I had to call and have reversed.) - We were told no early termination fee and no contract. When I signed the contract it was just "required" paperwork. She assured me we would have no fees. Lie. When I tried to contact her for the 1000th time, she said her manager would be in contact. A week later, no contact from either party.