GraphPad Prism Erfahrungen

Über GraphPad Prism

Leistungsfähige Kombination aus Biostatistik, Kurvenanpassung (nicht-lineare Regression) und wissenschaftlicher Grafik in einem umfassenden Programm.

Erfahre mehr über GraphPad Prism

GraphPad can be very hard to get used to. Users must know how to input that data correctly.

Bewertungen zu GraphPad Prism

GraphPad Prism hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,7 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 123 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du GraphPad Prism bereits verwendet?

Dave
Dave
Clinical Research Coordinator in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Pretty good statistical and graphing software package

Kommentare: It's been great. Meets all my needs, don't need anything more. I don't do as much stats as I used to but I'm still a loyal customer and use it whenever I need to run analysis.

I am not that computer savvy so this is much easier for me to load data into and get the results I'm looking for comparted to other stats packages. I like the looks of the program and there are regular updates to make it better

Some things are impossible for me to find and require googling/YouTube. I wish there was a better help/tutorial system than what is currently in place. This is infrequent, but I still wish some features were more intuitive. It would make this program perfect for me.

Gilbert
postdoctoral research fellow in USA
Forschung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

The software that makes statistics a breeze while producing beautiful figures

Kommentare: Analyzing datasets containing thousands of data points has never been easier! An easy to use click interface, beautiful publication-ready customizable figures, and all the statistical details you need in a click of a button.

Incredibly easy to use, very helpful tutorials, beautiful publication-ready figures, a multitude of options for statistical analysis.

This software does not offer scripting capability that is as useful as R or python. That being said, this software is designed to offer a click interface, and not a command line interface. It is meant to be easy to use with a click interface. It would be nice if both a command line and a click interface can co-exist for this software.

Lokesh
Senior Scientist in USA
Forschung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Best data visualization tool

5,0 letzten Monat Neu

as a researcher, I use this as my go-to tool for data visualization as well as to run biostatistical analysis

A new person may have difficulty using this, but those who are trained on it can easily expand their learning on the software!

Monika
oooo in USA
Forschung, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Graduate student

Kommentare: Bad

I do not like this software as it is not as easy and user friendly as excel is.

I am used to the flexibility of excel and graphpad is so confusing and limited for me. you have to know data tables very well otherwise you can not carry out any operation

Thomas
Sr research assistant in USA
Pharmazeutika, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Great software

Kommentare: I am using prism very regularly to plot and analyse the data I obtain from most of my lab experiment. It make our life way easier in research.

It is not easy to use at first but the help section is really well done and make it supper easy and enjoyable to use.

It can be hard sometime to fine some shortcut. We can loose some time at the beginning doing things "the long way" but once we get it it a pleasure to use it

Student in USA
Hochschulbildung, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Great for professional graphing and analysis

Kommentare: Graphing and analyzing data sets in an academic research setting.

Great graphing features. Particularly use the shaded error bars for plots with several data points that standard error bars would look messy on. Analysis is good - especially for derivative calculations, baseline corrections, and normalizing multiple data sets on the same graph.

Some difficulties in the graph formatting wizard - graphs don't always transfer over well and you have to manually change things. Some formatting is very tedious. Could be a better search for different analysis options.

James
Research Associate in UK
Forschung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Excellent software for statistical analysis and producing data-driven graphs

Kommentare: GraphPad Prism has been of particular benefit for us when preparing scientific publications, it's easy to use for interpreting/analysing and graphing raw data. It's likely the most intuitive of the statistical and graphing programmes that I have used. I would recommend.

The software has a sleek-easy to use interface and gives users guided samples of how to organise and arrange certain types of data. Lots of options for displaying and analysing data in a manner that are suitable for peer-reviewed publication. It also updates graphs stored in PowerPoint files automatically.

Occasionally when using big data sets that software can end up crashing which can be frustrating. In these instances alternative programmes such as R may be a better bet.

Adity
Research Assistant in USA
Forschung, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Great software for plotting and data visualization

I like how you can visualize data in several ways using one data set. Also, you can run multiple analyses on the data and get several results of interest.

It would be nice if there were prompts during the analyses section where the users were made aware about the kind of analysis and pre-lying assumptions associated with the analyis.

Neuroscientist in USA
Biotechnologie, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Graphpad prism - statistical software that makes sense - and beautiful graphs!

It has a great help and tutorial section that makes it easy for you to dig into the world of statistics. Unlike other programs, you don’t need to be a super professional, but can just use it.

Some more advanced statistical methods are not included

Research Associate II in USA
Forschung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Prisim is the go-to for data analysis

Kommentare: Over the numerous years I have been using this software, it has met my needs with every different scenario I have thrown at it. It continues to be our go-to analysis software.

Not knowing a ton about statistics, I really like the support Prism offers for explaining how and when to use certain statistical analyses. If you have questions beyond the information that is presented in the stats wizard, the program links you directly to a manual full of information RE the stat you are looking into.

There is not I find I dislike about this program. I haven't tried all of the statistics yet though.

Wanessa
Researcher in Brasilien
Schreiben & Editieren, Selbstständig

I do more beautiful graphs, with less time, using GraphPad Prism

Kommentare: I have done all my scientific illustrations using Graphs that I build in GraphPad Prism. The wide range of options and representations allows me to explore many different ways to present my work, and this is amazing!

I started using Prism after some years working with other Graph software such as SigmaPlot and Origin. After building my first graph, what I liked most was the intuitive way of the software, making graph building something more fun than boring. The layout is easy to understand, and also the tutorials are very explanatory. It took me 5 minutes to build a graph.

I think the price could be better. I understand the necessity for a charge, however, most of the people over the world are not able to afford it. I believe an incentive policy for low-income countries with little research money would be exceptional.

William
William
Laboratory Assistant in USA

Comprehensive Variant of Excel

It had various data set ups that wouldn't be automatically formed if you were just using excel or google sheets. It includes statistical analysis as well as a variety of visual formats to display said data from bar graphs to box plots, etc.

There is no tutorial when downloading the software. There is very little help from outside sources. It is best learned from someone already using the system

Postdoctoral Scholar in USA
Hochschulbildung, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Most accessible and versatile statistical analysis and graphing software

Kommentare: Overall, I have been using GraphPad for over 8 years and will continue to do so because of the reasons detailed above. At this point, I think it is far beyond its competitors in terms of balancing the user experience with the statistical power of the software.

I love GraphPad Prism software and keep going back to it even when licenses to competing softwares have been purchased by my institution because it has flexible formatting, many common statistical analyses, and most of all because it is easy to use and to learn. My students/mentees have struggled over and over with competing softwares and then when they come to GraphPad they have no problems.

Occasionally, I will encounter a type of analysis that is unavailable in Prism and requires me to use a more sophisticated analysis software (such as packages in R).

Graduate Student in USA

excellent, comprehensive, feature-rich

This program is everything you wished Excel could be. It creates beautiful, highly customizable graphs, does complex statistics on your datasets and walks you through which tests to choose, and the Magic Wand tool that allows for cloning of graph styles will change your life. This is an essential software for my PhD research and I thoroughly enjoy using it.

Small things, really. You can't create preset color options, selecting individual datapoints is difficult (and cannot be labeled), different rows of a heatmap cannot be customized. Also, it can't handle large datasets, so look to other programs like R for data graphing or visualization. But these are extremely minor, and only noticeable because I use the program constantly.

Jiabao
PhD students in UK
Biotechnologie, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

One of best software for science

Kommentare: One of best software for science
The first choice for the analysis of experimental results

The recent version of PRISM has set up a lot of notes to help us choose the correct statistical method. For beginners, this is very important. Secondly, prism can produce very beautiful results, which makes the experiment not boring. Regarding the price, most students and employees can try this software for free. Although we are not sure about the price agreed between companies or universities, this software is undoubtedly our first choice for students.

Prism under windows system often shocks or crashes. Although I think it may be a problem with the windows system, it undoubtedly affects the software experience

Shah
Graduate student in USA
Biotechnologie, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Excellent for doing anaylsis and producing publication qualty graphs

I am a graduate student and have been using GraphPad prism since a few years! Previously, I tried R and other open source software but they have such a steep learning curve and even after, if you run into a bug, it takes forever to solve. I switched to graphpad prism and I spend so much less time doing analysis and graphing. It produces excellent quality graphs within minutes. It even has a feature to paint all your graphs using similar format, so I don't have to spend much time at all. Tutorials for everything are easily available on youtube!

I would have loved if there was a free version available!

Manager in USA
Biotechnologie, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Standard for publication

Kommentare: This software is more or less intuitive once you play around with it for a little bit. There are tutorials and help online for clarifying anything you don't understand.

It is the standard for making publication quality figures for research. Offers ability to make a wide variety of different graphs, survival curves, and even heat maps with expression data. Calculates a variety of stats as well.

The options are confusing (column vs x-y, etc) and difficult to understand unless you've been taught by someone or have a strong graps of statistics.

Postdoctoral Research Fellow in USA
Hochschulbildung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

User-friendly software for graphing and analyzing data

The ability to easily generate visual pleasing graphs, and perform simple statistical tests. The best feature is the capability of the software to quickly make the same type of graph uniform (color schemes, formatting labels, axis range, and etc.).

GraphPad provides basic statistical analysis, so for researchers wanting to perform more specialized and specific statistical tests, they will have to use statistical tests with other software. Additionally, GraphPad requires the user to format the data in a very specific way for certain types of graphs.

Mikir
Research Assistant II in USA
Forschung, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Best tool for statistical analysis

Kommentare: I have been using this software for statistical analysis of my data for many years now. It is quite reliable and is widely used across my field. Overall, I am quite satisfied with this software.

The wide range of statistical operations one can perform using GraphPad Prism is quite impressive. The most attractive feature of this software is that the algorithms are deftly designed to churn out precise results and the "Help" section provides great insight into the principle of the statistical program to be used. Moreover, the compatibility of the software with other applications, such as Microsoft Word, Powerpoint is very useful, especially for exporting data files directly by circumventing the need for copying and pasting.

There in nothing in particular that I dislike about this software. However, a useful section such as "QuickTips" for some basic statistical programs can help new users get acquainted to this software.

Amanda
Scientific Trainer in USA
Biotechnologie, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Great stats system, poor visual graphs

There are a ton of features to this program. I love that it easily does stats for you right in your graphed data. Unlike Excel, you don't need to create multiple sheets of info in order to get the analysis you want, one set of data can be manipulated to do everything. It is really handy how the stats are done all in one graph. There are lots of options that can be changed: axes, titles, etc, to customize the graphs, but these features take a very long time to find and result in a time consuming endeavor in the beginning. Not a good tool for a novice looking for a 'quick analysis'.

There is a STEEP learning curve. It took me forever to figure out how to use this program. I kept having to start over with the data because it easier than trying to figure out how to adjust the way the data was displayed once it was entered. find that the graphs that are produced are grainy and the colors are bland. It's very pixelated and not something I am comfortable publishing. Excel makes much nicer graphs that are more appropriate for publication.

Luiz Alexandre Viana
Luiz Alexandre Viana
Dr in Brasilien
Medizinische Praxis, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Great tool for business and academic institutions

Kommentare: That's a great a software that has been improved a lot in last years and I hope its developers keep it pounding

this is a software with a genuine user friendly interface that allows data management and analysis and also to make reports through graphs.

I think that the LAYOUT interface can be improved with design tools. I also find the software a bit expensive.

Sharon
Graduate Student in USA
Forschung, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Go-to-Graphing and Statistic Software

Kommentare: GraphPad Prism makes it easy to graph and perform statistical analysis on research data. It can be pricey for individual users to purchase but as a research team, the benefits of the software outweigh the cost. It is the go-to-graphing software for our group.

The ease of use once familiarized with the software. GraphPad Prism allows researchers to create graphs and perform statistical analysis all in one platform.

GraphPas Prism can take some time for people to familiarize themselves with, especially for the spreadsheet/table format function of the software. The spreadsheet can also be confusing as the selected format type dictates the graph layout. A more user friendly spreadsheet like Microsoft Excel would be helpful to give the users more options.

Sonya
Sonya
Scientist in USA
Biotechnologie, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

A bit clunky to use, but makes customizable graphs and has some great analysis &formatting features

I like that I can have multiple data tables in one file, do statistical analysis on them in a variety of ways, and graph the images in a consistent manner. It has a pretty good magic wand for duplicating the format of the graphs. The analysis has many different tests, correlations, ANOVA, etc., and allows you to choose which datasets to include or to use variations on the analysis method.

It's a bit clunky, in that the software looks like it was designed in the early 90s and from a UX perspective, it hasn't changed. It has some "global" change options, where you can adjust the color or shape or transparency, etc., for all data sets at once, but it doesn't always work the way you'd expect. The magic wand to make graphs consistent also doesn't include all of the elements, so I'll still have to change some things manually.

Tuieng
Tuieng
Researcher in UK
Forschung, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Easy to use data visualisation tool with comprehensive statistical testing

Statistical testing is simplified drastically by the software and many options are provided to the user. Interface for data input is also intuitive and works well with most microsoft softwares

Might take awhile to discover all the features of graphing that are provided which are not covered in the tutorial, such as the magic wand that makes all the graphs consistent.

Sabrina
Graduate student in USA
Forschung, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Easy statistical analysis software for scientists

Kommentare: Prism helps me generate clean, easy-to-read figures for presentations and publications without difficulty.

I love being able to edit graphs within Prism with ease! Having the feature to add additional text to graphs makes putting figures together much easier and faster.

I've been using Prism for a few years and there's nothing in particular that I dislike about it! It's so easy to use!