Filtern nach:

Über Okta

Okta ist die Grundlage für sichere Verbindungen zwischen Menschen und Technologie. Verwende die Cloud, um jederzeit auf jedem Gerät auf Apps zuzugreifen.

Erfahre mehr über Okta

Kedar mendhurwar C.
Kedar mendhurwar C.
Sr. IT Security Architect in Kanada
Telekommunikation, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Okta SSO

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: If cost is not an issue, this is should be the tool to go to. This is one of the best IAM tools present out there.

The deployment and app integration with Okta is fairly simple. The tool is very admin friendly and user friendly. It's due to it's ease of use and wide variety of features that it offers, it is one of the best IAM tools and regarded as one of the best SSO solutions out there. The SSO integration is very simple and straightforward with most of the apps and most of the vendors that support SSO integration with Okta. The option to have an independent directory as well as an option to integrate with your existing directory works quite well. Other features such as life cycle management, Directory service and threat management make it a complete package. If cost is not an issue, this is should be the tool to go to. The documentation is very clear and the supoort is very responsive. The deployment takes less than 3 months.

The only downside is the cost which is much higher as compared to its competitors

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Centrify Identity Service, OneLogin und Auth0

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Okta: Because of its wide range of compatibility and ease of use.

Chase P.
President in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Hands Down The Best SSO/Adaptive MFA Solution on the Market

Kommentare: We have been more than pleased with Okta. It makes signing into a bunch of different applications so much easier and only having to remember one password. Without having any prior knowledge with SAML, being able to set up new applications was still very simple and straightforward.

Okta has simplified everything for us. The process of setting up applications is pretty straight forward, and the number of applications that are supported is amazing. The adaptive MFA is really neat so we can easily balance security and usability to meet just about everyone's needs. The amount of work we have to do to onboard a new user has been reduced drastically through the support of SCIM and APIs. They continue to innovate and bring out new features that further enhance the usability and security of Okta.

Only minor issues with Okta, primarily being chose of wording for some of the settings that lead to some confusion on when Okta sessions expire.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Google Workspace

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Okta: Simplicity was the overarching factor in selecting Okta. They are very focused on helping nonprofits as well, and that was a huge bonus for us.

Kunal G.
SME mar tech in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Best SSO solution

5 vor 2 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: Very easy set up. Admin friendly. Easy to deploy.

Great compatibility.can integrate with all leading tools in market. Set up is easy. We use it for organization wide sso. Probably the best sso tool in the market.

The pricing is a little high when compared to other services in the market.

Social Media Marketing Manager in USA

No need to remember a password or ever log in again!

I use this software for a company I work with and love how I don't ever have to remember passwords - AND how it logs me in automatically. I'm a man who loves things to be easy, and Okta removes those extra clicks of having to select my username and click submit (I'm looking at you, LastPass).

When I'm logged into Okta, it automatically selects my credentials for me. So for sites that I have lots of user names for, it overrides my ability to choose one. I then have to open an incognito window, and pull my un/pw from LastPass - which is a pain.

Product Design in USA
Rundfunkmedien, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Great MFA

Kommentare: great that it doesn't disclose what you are authenticating

Most banks and services use mfa, and 2factor. but they identify who / what you are authorizing. Okta doesn't. If you have criminals trying to access your logins. Okta gives 1 major step of security above the other. s

nothing, it's fine. it ticks all the boxes for what i need.

Eva K.
Director of Youth Ministries in Kanada
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Okta is Interesting

Kommentare: Our headquarters switched from Zimbra to Okta several years ago. Although Okta seems to be much better than Zimbra (our email is now powered by gmail), I wish that the Okta capabilities were a bit more obvious. I just discovered that I could attach other software/services like Mailchimp and social media accounts as plug-ins. My overall experience has been good...just slow-going.

I would say that it is easier than other team/workforce email software that our company has used in the past. However, I still find it a bit convoluted. It seems like there are many things that can be integrated into our Okta settings.

I do not know if this is the fault of Okta or our headquarters, but it is still hard to see the full benefits of using Okta for our workplace email/communications.

David B.
Security Architect in USA
Telekommunikation, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Okta Buyer Review

Kommentare: Need to provide Single Sign-On (SSO) and policy modeled MFA/Adaptive Authentication along with Directory integration are the main use cases. Okta hit it spot on!

SaaS Model, easy to provision and supports the most used applications from an access management and directory integration perspective. The user interface and capabilities are light years ahead of the competition.

Limitations around on-premise integration with applications and environments. This is not too bad as a SCIM provisioning agent/component is available to support limited provisioning to on-prem applications.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Oracle CPQ

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Okta: Okta is leading the charge in the world of "modern authentication" and has integration/apps to support a highly mobile workforce supporting appropriate access to applications and services.

Owen D.
Information Security Engineer in USA
Finanzdienstleistungen, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Okta integrations is flawless

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: optimizing overall business processes by streamlining authentication.

How well it integrates with all of our corporate tools needed to secure the enterprise.

I would request that they expand out the option to remember a device from 10 hours to 12

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Duo Security

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Okta: It was seamless to add business tools to the platform

Yuriy U.
Yuriy U.
Infrastructure Engineer in USA
Finanzdienstleistungen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Solid SSO package.

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: Overall, this really does help with consolidating logins, making onboarding and offboarding a very easy process. There are some admin panel quirks, but overall very useful.

Software is easy to use and implement. The Control panel just makes sense. Every implementation is very well documented and pretty much walks you through every integration possible. MFA is fairly easy. Support is great. Even pre-sale, we were able to get support from sales engineers and it was great. Pricing is nice too if you go through a reseller.

While the control panel is nice, there are quirks. The bulk delete users process is painful, you almost have to do it one by one. The MFA, while nice, can be quirky. I am getting a bit fed up with the number of authenticator apps on my phone.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Ping Identity, OneLogin und Auth0

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Okta: Integration setup was much easier with Okta making this a no-brainer pick.

Łukasz D.
Łukasz D.
Senior Assisting Expert / Copywriter in Polen
Unternehmensberatung, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Simple solution for user verification

5 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: Good enough to propose the solution to other looking for authentication tools.

I use it to get access to the features my company provides (e.g. time management, internal applications/data, etc.). I find it simple and efficient to get verified when using those resources. And safety is of crucial importance for the entire organization (user-wise and company-wise).

I sometimes hae a feeling that the app is not always operating in the background, and once in a while I have to open it on my mobile phone to confirm that I actually am the person entering the site/portal. But such situations are rare.

David R.
David R.
Senior Engineering Manager - Pricing Services OPAS in USA
Internet, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Single sign-on done right

Kommentare: We were trying to solve a ubiquitous problem - how to use cloud/saas services within an enterprise and keep control of the authentication to them all. Okta gives us a centralized place to manage those passwords, automates the integration of Active Directory authorization and authentication, and it also helps employees discover what services are available to us.

Have you ever heard someone with this "great" idea? "I'm going to make a webpage that has all your links. When you click them, it'll authenticate for you". It sounds great, but in reality it's extremely hard to do. Securely storing passwords, integration with enterprise systems, centralized management of the lists of links, etc. And, if you do one thing wrong, you can compromise the security of literally millions of logins. Okta seems to have conquered the problem. It's central management is wonderful. New employees login for the first time and immediately have dozens of applications available to them. New applications are all managed through our Active Directory groups. It has a great chrome extension that gives you access to your links from your toolbar. The smartphone app, Okta Verify, is fast and works well.

At work, I use 3 servers within Okta. One for our "corporate" servers, one for "production" and one for our parent company. The chrome extension only shows the links from the most recently accessed. So, I end up having to use the web pages, even with the extension. Also, having multiple Okta servers doesn't work well with LastPass and other password managers. They see all my servers as the same host. But, I have different passwords. So, I basically just turn off password management for Okta.

Max B.
Max B.
Solutions Architect in USA

Top tier identity provider

Kommentare: Okta is our go-to identity provider for clients and plays nice with most other software tools that leverage external identity providers.

Okta makes it very easy to get started with an identity provider. It has comparable or superior features nearly all other identity providers on the market. The ability to create a trial account to quickly test and assess its feature set is also a huge plus.

Okta is great but the feature set and documentation can be overwhelming. For experienced IT folks its fairly straightforward to implement but for new users unfamiliar with identity management, the huge feature set and breadth of documentation can be a bit intimidating.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Microsoft Azure

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Okta: Okta is best of breed

Research associate in USA
Bürgerliche & soziale Einrichtungen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

The most efficient software to streamline admin tasks

Kommentare: Like I mentioned earlier, this is the most valuable software addition, in my experience. It doesn't add any new innovative features, but instead combines all the apps necessary into one log-in process, with a centralized extension that lets you access any platform instantly. Takes away so much of the hassle that comes with working on multiple platforms (imagine - Trello, Gmail, Dayforce, you name it -- no log-in, no security texts, just a click and you're there!)

This is by far the best new software I've used in the last few years. So many platforms exist that offer the same "innovative efficiency" for employees and employers alike; Okta is the one that really delivers. Long story short (in my experience with it) - it allows you to link all professional accounts (think email, payroll apps, time tracking, any other software you use) into one efficient log-in process, with an extension that allows you to access any of the above at any time, without having to fiddle with passwords, dual authentication, etc. It is a huge time saver for me EVERYDAY, and saves our HR and tech team the headache that comes with having to manually reset passwords or log-in info for employees on a million different platforms.

There was a slight* learning curve *slight = it took under 15 minutes to fully set up, with some slight hiccups along the way, if you're not super tech-savvy. Luckily, once you're past the initial set-up, there is never an issue again. Everything just works!

Senior Software Engineer in USA
Einzelhandel, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Okta - MFA solution

4 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: Overall satisfied with product. Many companies have been increasingly integrating with okta.

We have integrated Okta with most of our apps. With MFA enabled you need to download Okta app on your phone and accept the push to login. I have been using this for more than a year and has been working fine so far. Integrations with Okta have been ok was able to read through documentation and proceed with integration. There is single page which shows all the okta enabled apps which is cool too.

There is some delay in push notifications at times. Also in case you loose your phone then you are caught up since you need phone to login and need to work with helpdesk to get it sorted.

Quang L.
Senior Program Manager in USA
Verteidigung & Raumfahrt, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Okta for remote work

Kommentare: Experience has been very positive. I access most of the Apps in Okta from home. For those Apps that I cannot access, I'll just wait until I come back to the office to use them, or bring my work laptop home. Okta has made working remotely more convenient.

Lets you access Apps without directly using VPN. This is useful for working remotely since you can use your personal computer to access the Apps instead of bringing your work computer home to access the Apps. All you need is username and password, and second authentication (if set up) to log into Okta to access your Apps.

There are still certain Apps that need direct VPN in order to access remotely. For these Apps, you still need to bring home your work computer to connect directly to VPN to access them. If this limitation can be overcome, then Okta would be fantastic for remote work; you no longer need to bring your work computer home.

Lead Training and Support Specialist in USA

Great tool for giving end users access

Kommentare: we use this for so much, a user wants to access an email account or group, give them a chicklet for it, it allows for much better sharing of items and greater control over the access as well which is great.

I love this tool. No longer have to risk giving out passwords to account. I can just give my user access to an OKTA account and then assign them chicklets to access account, software, groups and so forth, without them ever having to know the password to them. It works well and is fairly easy to use and set up users. The AD tie in is nice and helps in making it easier to add users to your account. Put yourself at ease and give OKTA a real look you will not be disappointed.

i would say adding users can seem a bit tricky and odd if you don't do it all the time, it could be a little clearer on adding users into your account. but other than that its pretty solid software

Moises F.
Systems Engineer in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Okta for known and custom developed apps.

Kommentare: Overall experience is great! As an engineer I like to have as many options when configuring to provide different solutions (Geoblocking, conditional access, ACL). I have been able to help developers integrate the Okta sign-in widget with their apps, add MFA to SaaS and on prem applications. Feedback I have received from admins is that the GUI is easy to use for password resets and updating accounts. Self service for users has a range of options like updating their profile, adding devices for MFA and you can expose which fields they can update.

Okta is really easy to integrate with known software like AWS, Citrix, Salesforce, Workday, etc but the feature I like the most is the Okta sign-in widget which developers can use for app sign-in and offload the ID management to Okta for authentication and authorization. It is an easy way to have SAML and give user management to other teams so that your developers can focus on enhancing the app and not so much on the sign-in workflows, security and management. I also like the documentation around its API. There is a powershell module as well.

Reporting is basic for an app as well known as Okta. There are times where I needed to get a specific report and I had to gather the data via the logs and api instead of the GUI.

Elena W.
Office Manager in USA
Bau, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

I No Longer Have to Remember Passwords!

Kommentare: I love it. In the future, if I ever get my own business off the ground, I will definitely be considering OKTA as a software that we will use.

At my company, we had separate logins for SO MANY PLATFORMS. And you know how it goes - each password has to contain a certain number of uppercase letters, lowercase letters, special characters, etc. It was getting so hard to remember passwords, and I was getting sick of having to reset my password every time I logged into something. OKTA solved that problem for me. By navigating to the OKTA page, I could click on one of the "tiles", and it would log me into that platform. Made my life 100x easier.

Occasionally, I would have issues logging into OKTA itself, which made it impossible to log into my other apps. This was a bug that our IT team seemed to fix. Aside of that, a lot of my issues turned out to be user-error. Once I received training for OKTA, all of my problems were resolved.

Infrastructure Manager in USA
Bau, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Great User Experience and Easy Administration

Our users save minutes every single day, no longer repetitively typing and re-typing their directory password. When we have had issues with applications, their support has been extremely responsive. They also take what the community builds as custom applications and will roll those into the app library as they put polish on them and make them ready for prime time.

The only downside to Okta is cost. We know these systems are not cheap and Okta is one of the premium models for sure. We decided that with a system which was so user intensive and users had to touch many times per day for logging into applications, we were not willing to sacrifice usability for what came down to not a lot of money. I will tell you that the list pricing on their website is very negotiable. If you can find some other customers to talk pricing to you you'll know that good deals are there if you work it correctly with your account team and their sales cycle.

Sales Manager in Philippinen
Computer-Software, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Get them all opened via Okta!

Kommentare: Great for managing multiple log-ins to different apps, you only need to remember one password and you should be all set with this secured platform!

Ever since 2016 I've been using Okta as a way to sign in to different apps our company use. And since I only need to remember the password I have for Okta, it makes managing the other apps easier. I don't have to remember the passwords for all of the other apps. I can also ask Okta to generate and store the password for me when I am adding a new tile on the Okta dashboard.

It can sometimes be confusing if you are using a browser that has the password manager as well. It would probably make sense if the user can be asked which one he would use to manage his password, Okta or the browser's password manager.

Bryan G.
IT Project Manager in USA
Marketing & Werbung, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Okta is great for MFA

Kommentare: Overall Okta has been a very easy tool to adopt and use for the organization. It's been consistent and there haven't been any issues apparent to the end user since the rollout.

Okta is an extremely easy-to-use software for multi-factor authentication. It is extremely user-friendly from set up to ongoing use for any user with a smartphone. All they have to do is download the Okta app and follow very simple instructions to set up your Okta app with your token. Even switching phones is easy for those who get a new phone. The Okta push is consistent, fast, and reliable. For employees who do not have a smart phone or don't want to download the Okta app on their phone, there are alternatives like receiving a phone call.

The most challenging part of Okta is that it can only authenticate one account per browser session. If for some reason you have two accounts that each use Okta as the MFA, it makes the user experience a little tricky.

Kalaiselvan K.
Integration Engineer in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Okta Review

Kommentare: Overall, i am very impressed with the Okta with its powerful security standard implementation.

Okta exposes its identity API in REST interface with JSON which provide both Authentication and Authorization based on the need.So it is easy to integrate with any type of application as a front end security layer . OAuth 2.0 implementation by okta provide token which has a validity for some specific time avoid the overhead of making extra authentication call each time. They give different sort of strong security implementation including single sign on for both Authentication and Authorization but licensing will vary based on the implementation we use in the application. Time to integrate with any sort of application is very very less .

You need to understand okta documentation properly to integrate the appropriate security implementation. we have to put some initial effort in understanding the API.

Patrick P.
AE in USA
Finanzdienstleistungen, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Expensive but worth it!

Kommentare: Overall I've loved my experience - gives me peace of mind.

Okta is expensive but an extremely valuable today especially in today's world of cyber security.

While the tool is great to use the barrier to entry is high as its very expensive compared to competition.

Assistant General Manager in USA
Sport, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Okta use for all aspects of office work

Kommentare: Getting it set up was a little difficult, but luckily our IT team helped us. Once it was all logged in and set up, it was very easy to use, and our IT team had every app installed that we would need to use for work.

I like that it puts all of our apps in one place, for use no matter whether we are at the office, on a laptop, or having to use a public computer or even your phone. You can securely access email, box, our workday (time keeping and pay app), and many other things.

Sometimes it's difficult to access things if you happen to not have your phone with you. You have to have the second way to log in, and if you don't have your cell phone or an apple watch, you can't confirm your access.

Owen F.
Owen F.
System Administrator in USA
Bau, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Okta - Easy on IT, Easy on End Users

Okta is intuitive to manage. It packages a lot of components into a single pane of glass (unlike, say, Microsoft's solution which requires a bunch of disparate systems). You get a log of value for your money. The support and development teams are responsive. The support for single sign-on to non-SSO apps with the browser plugin is very helpful. The product looks nice, and is easy for end users to use. The Okta Application Network has far more apps total, with SAML support, and with provisioning support than the competitors.

Their MDM solution (OMM) is very basic, and slow to develop more features. It would be nice if you could deploy any mobile app you wish, not just the ones associated with catalog apps. OMM should really support enterprise wireless profiles as well. The browser plugin for IE sometimes misbehaves, and upgrading it doesn't always go as smoothly as it should.