Single sign-on done right

Bewertet am 29.7.2019
David R.
Senior Engineering Manager - Pricing Services OPAS
Internet, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We were trying to solve a ubiquitous problem - how to use cloud/saas services within an enterprise and keep control of the authentication to them all. Okta gives us a centralized place to manage those passwords, automates the integration of Active Directory authorization and authentication, and it also helps employees discover what services are available to us.

Vorteile: Have you ever heard someone with this "great" idea? "I'm going to make a webpage that has all your links. When you click them, it'll authenticate for you". It sounds great, but in reality it's extremely hard to do. Securely storing passwords, integration with enterprise systems, centralized management of the lists of links, etc. And, if you do one thing wrong, you can compromise the security of literally millions of logins. Okta seems to have conquered the problem. It's central management is wonderful. New employees login for the first time and immediately have dozens of applications available to them. New applications are all managed through our Active Directory groups. It has a great chrome extension that gives you access to your links from your toolbar. The smartphone app, Okta Verify, is fast and works well.

Nachteile: At work, I use 3 servers within Okta. One for our "corporate" servers, one for "production" and one for our parent company. The chrome extension only shows the links from the most recently accessed. So, I end up having to use the web pages, even with the extension. Also, having multiple Okta servers doesn't work well with LastPass and other password managers. They see all my servers as the same host. But, I have different passwords. So, I basically just turn off password management for Okta.

Okta is Interesting

Bewertet am 4.1.2020
Eva K.
Director of Youth Ministries
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Our headquarters switched from Zimbra to Okta several years ago. Although Okta seems to be much better than Zimbra (our email is now powered by gmail), I wish that the Okta capabilities were a bit more obvious. I just discovered that I could attach other software/services like Mailchimp and social media accounts as plug-ins. My overall experience has been good...just slow-going.

Vorteile: I would say that it is easier than other team/workforce email software that our company has used in the past. However, I still find it a bit convoluted. It seems like there are many things that can be integrated into our Okta settings.

Nachteile: I do not know if this is the fault of Okta or our headquarters, but it is still hard to see the full benefits of using Okta for our workplace email/communications.

Okta is great for MFA

Bewertet am 18.10.2019
Bryan G.
IT Project Manager
Marketing & Werbung, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall Okta has been a very easy tool to adopt and use for the organization. It's been consistent and there haven't been any issues apparent to the end user since the rollout.

Vorteile: Okta is an extremely easy-to-use software for multi-factor authentication. It is extremely user-friendly from set up to ongoing use for any user with a smartphone. All they have to do is download the Okta app and follow very simple instructions to set up your Okta app with your token. Even switching phones is easy for those who get a new phone. The Okta push is consistent, fast, and reliable. For employees who do not have a smart phone or don't want to download the Okta app on their phone, there are alternatives like receiving a phone call.

Nachteile: The most challenging part of Okta is that it can only authenticate one account per browser session. If for some reason you have two accounts that each use Okta as the MFA, it makes the user experience a little tricky.

No need to remember a password or ever log in again!

Bewertet am 26.6.2018
Social Media Marketing Manager

Vorteile: I use this software for a company I work with and love how I don't ever have to remember passwords - AND how it logs me in automatically. I'm a man who loves things to be easy, and Okta removes those extra clicks of having to select my username and click submit (I'm looking at you, LastPass).

Nachteile: When I'm logged into Okta, it automatically selects my credentials for me. So for sites that I have lots of user names for, it overrides my ability to choose one. I then have to open an incognito window, and pull my un/pw from LastPass - which is a pain.

Okta Review

Bewertet am 4.10.2019
Natalie Y.
Senior Market Research Analyst
Telekommunikation, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall, I have had a good experience with Okta, with the exception of having to sign in many times throughout the day.

Vorteile: Okta protects our company and my professional / personal data by allowing us to have a secure sign in process. It has been very reliable thus far, and I haven't had any issues.

Nachteile: Constantly signing in can be a pain, as we're often prompted numerous times to sign in to our Okta account throughout the workday. We are also regularly prompted to update our password, which can be difficult to remember and become confusing.

Straightforward and privately-hosted identity management for the enterprise

Bewertet am 22.11.2019
Ramindu D.
Software Technical Lead
Computer-Software, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Okta provides our organization with a comprehensive identity server to allow employees to login to their enterprise applications from anywhere at any time.

Vorteile: Okta provides a comprehensive suite of identity management tools for integration with traditional enterprise identity platforms. The ability to configure different for multi-factor authentication and the capability of classic OAuth2 integrations make Okta a well-rounded tool for identity management.

Nachteile: Okta can have a slightly high price point for a standalone identity management solution. Enterprise-specific customizations and application integrations post-customization can be slightly tricky at times.

Okta

Bewertet am 5.12.2019
Ashleigh P.
Customer Service Representative
Verlagswesen, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We use Okta every day to access all of our daily programs and software.

Vorteile: I like that it's easy to have all the necessary programs available to access in one place. My company uses Okta to house all of our major systems. I love that I can use just one password to access everything.

Nachteile: I hate that the password has to be sixteen characters long. It takes forever to sign in and when you're clocking in it can make you late just taking the time to type out a sixteen character password.

Bringing the entire organization to one place

Bewertet am 11.12.2019
Garima G.
Data Analyst
Automotive, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It is quiet convenient and beneficial for the intra organizational integrations. It brings accessibility and ability to contact any department with ease.

Vorteile: It is so easy to use. We have everything from HR , IT helpdesk, accounting , CRM, LMS, salesforce ...everything integrated into this platform. Looks like everything is just a click away, So much easier than saving individual links. We use this to also access into our ADP clock in clock out app. so basically our day starts and ends with logging into okta

Nachteile: It does not lets you access all the integrations on the mobile app. when i login using my phone, some of the links are grayed out.

Centralize authentication and authorization for cloud service

Bewertet am 23.12.2019
Trang N.
Senior Test Engineer
Computer-Software, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We use Okta for single sign-on and security purpose for all publish internal and external sites. We integrate many different services into Okta like ServiceNow, AWS, Webex, Splunk... We use Active Directory to assign the user role to have their permission access for Services with a suitable role.

Vorteile: Okta support integrate with hundred popular software including cloud services like AWS, AppDynamics or on-premise. With Okta is well integrate with Active Directory to assign user's access right for Applications base on their group or role instead of detail access for each Application. Okta displays all of the apps that our staff have permission to access. Good support on both Webform and Mobile App.

Nachteile: Okta works great and I almost do not have any complaint about it just it does not support for Azure so we have to use a different tool for Azure authentication and its user interface is too simple so hard for manage when the user has a large number of access Services

Okta is a must-have

Bewertet am 13.12.2019
Daniel M.
Logistics Assistant
Sport, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It saves time, it is portable and above all, it is secure.

Vorteile: Okta is a tool I wish I knew about before. Some of the things I love about it are;
- I don't have to remember all my different log in details, I only need my Okta password.
- It is very secure.
- I can access my email, ATS and even Slack from pretty much anywhere, on my phone, home computer etc
- It is super easy to use with a very simple UI

Nachteile: Forgetting your Okta password could mean getting locked out of all your accounts, though this is really not Okta's fault.

Hands Down The Best SSO/Adaptive MFA Solution on the Market

Bewertet am 28.5.2019
Chase P.
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We have been more than pleased with Okta. It makes signing into a bunch of different applications so much easier and only having to remember one password. Without having any prior knowledge with SAML, being able to set up new applications was still very simple and straightforward.

Vorteile: Okta has simplified everything for us. The process of setting up applications is pretty straight forward, and the number of applications that are supported is amazing. The adaptive MFA is really neat so we can easily balance security and usability to meet just about everyone's needs. The amount of work we have to do to onboard a new user has been reduced drastically through the support of SCIM and APIs. They continue to innovate and bring out new features that further enhance the usability and security of Okta.

Nachteile: Only minor issues with Okta, primarily being chose of wording for some of the settings that lead to some confusion on when Okta sessions expire.

Okta Buyer Review

Bewertet am 2.5.2019
David B.
Security Architect
Telekommunikation, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Need to provide Single Sign-On (SSO) and policy modeled MFA/Adaptive Authentication along with Directory integration are the main use cases. Okta hit it spot on!

Vorteile: SaaS Model, easy to provision and supports the most used applications from an access management and directory integration perspective. The user interface and capabilities are light years ahead of the competition.

Nachteile: Limitations around on-premise integration with applications and environments. This is not too bad as a SCIM provisioning agent/component is available to support limited provisioning to on-prem applications.

Great tool for giving end users access

Bewertet am 12.2.2019
Lead Training and Support Specialist

Kommentare: we use this for so much, a user wants to access an email account or group, give them a chicklet for it, it allows for much better sharing of items and greater control over the access as well which is great.

Vorteile: I love this tool. No longer have to risk giving out passwords to account. I can just give my user access to an OKTA account and then assign them chicklets to access account, software, groups and so forth, without them ever having to know the password to them. It works well and is fairly easy to use and set up users. The AD tie in is nice and helps in making it easier to add users to your account. Put yourself at ease and give OKTA a real look you will not be disappointed.

Nachteile: i would say adding users can seem a bit tricky and odd if you don't do it all the time, it could be a little clearer on adding users into your account. but other than that its pretty solid software

Great User Experience and Easy Administration

Bewertet am 24.5.2017
Infrastructure Manager
Bau, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Vorteile: Our users save minutes every single day, no longer repetitively typing and re-typing their directory password. When we have had issues with applications, their support has been extremely responsive. They also take what the community builds as custom applications and will roll those into the app library as they put polish on them and make them ready for prime time.

Nachteile: The only downside to Okta is cost. We know these systems are not cheap and Okta is one of the premium models for sure. We decided that with a system which was so user intensive and users had to touch many times per day for logging into applications, we were not willing to sacrifice usability for what came down to not a lot of money. I will tell you that the list pricing on their website is very negotiable. If you can find some other customers to talk pricing to you you'll know that good deals are there if you work it correctly with your account team and their sales cycle.

Okta Review

Bewertet am 7.7.2019
Kalaiselvan K.
Integration Engineer
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall, i am very impressed with the Okta with its powerful security standard implementation.

Vorteile: Okta exposes its identity API in REST interface with JSON which provide both Authentication and Authorization based on the need.So it is easy to integrate with any type of application as a front end security layer . OAuth 2.0 implementation by okta provide token which has a validity for some specific time avoid the overhead of making extra authentication call each time. They give different sort of strong security implementation including single sign on for both Authentication and Authorization but licensing will vary based on the implementation we use in the application. Time to integrate with any sort of application is very very less .

Nachteile: You need to understand okta documentation properly to integrate the appropriate security implementation. we have to put some initial effort in understanding the API.

Okta - Easy on IT, Easy on End Users

Bewertet am 11.5.2017
Owen F.
System Administrator
Bau, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Vorteile: Okta is intuitive to manage. It packages a lot of components into a single pane of glass (unlike, say, Microsoft's solution which requires a bunch of disparate systems). You get a log of value for your money. The support and development teams are responsive. The support for single sign-on to non-SSO apps with the browser plugin is very helpful. The product looks nice, and is easy for end users to use. The Okta Application Network has far more apps total, with SAML support, and with provisioning support than the competitors.

Nachteile: Their MDM solution (OMM) is very basic, and slow to develop more features. It would be nice if you could deploy any mobile app you wish, not just the ones associated with catalog apps. OMM should really support enterprise wireless profiles as well. The browser plugin for IE sometimes misbehaves, and upgrading it doesn't always go as smoothly as it should.

Okta is a One-Stop Hub for Everything You Need

Bewertet am 18.9.2019
Alexandra D.
Senior Analyst
Öffentliche Ordnung, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I use Okta on a daily basis to access a variety of resources for work, including email, the helpdesk and my HR information. It is easy to use and navigate. I love that it is a one stop hub for all of my company's resources.

Vorteile: Okta makes it easy to connect to all of my company's resources, especially when I am working remotely. The interface is intuitive and visually appealing. There is a button for each resource on the homepage. You can even personalize your homepage by moving the buttons around so the ones you use most are at the beginning of the list.

Nachteile: I wish you could create categories or folders and organize all of the resources on the Okta page by these categories or folders. It would help me find the resource I'm looking for even quicker!

Okta makes all your single sign on apps simple to access

Bewertet am 3.12.2019
Brian D.
IT Support Analyst
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Okta is a nicely designed, streamlined, experience for the typical end-user. Making SSO to internal websites and application a breeze to use everyday at work.

Vorteile: Okta was great for all our internal company websites and apps. With the single sign on, there was no need to remember a bunch of passwords to different websites or apps. Even if you added external websites to Okta, it would act like a password manager for your websites that you use external from the company. Very easy to navigate layout, and looks nice.

Nachteile: if any of your password got out of sync with Okta (mostly external sites that don't use SSO), it was a little difficult to understand how to update the password if you are not tech savvy.

The easiest way to sign in to everything

Bewertet am 16.2.2019
Visual Designer
Personalwesen, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Okta has saved me time and energy, and as stupid as it might sound to say that when it comes to maybe 10 seconds for signing in to each service – it definitely adds up over time.

Vorteile: Okta is the software that I didn't know I needed in my life. Remembering a single password and having access to every service I need for my job is amazing. Long gone are the days of opening my computer in the morning at work and spending the next 20 minutes logging in to all of the websites that I was going to be using that day.

Nachteile: Honestly, I don't think there is anything. Maybe the ability to customize the look of the main Okta screen? It may even be possible through the backend but it isn't the prettiest in my eyes.

Seamless and Secure SSO - A UX Review from a Front-End User

Bewertet am 13.12.2018
Collin E.
HRIS / Payroll Analyst
Einzelhandel, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I am a user of this software rather an administrator, but do have some visibility to the back-end as I work with our IT department occasionally. From a user experience standpoint, I have not come across a nicer SSO platform. It is truly a pleasure to use and seamless when accessing our systems.

Vorteile: A true single sign on platform. We are a high volume company with over 1200 employees and utilize multiple cloud-based vendors. Having all of these platforms centralized within Okta is invaluable. I could not imagine my day-to-day without it. API documentation is extensive and functionality is robust. Okta has become our "Single Source of Truth" for not only connecting vendors, but also our data. Mobile based app is intuitive and fast for dual-authentication. System is very secure. Hand-offs are seamless.

Nachteile: Dual authentication and tokens can sometime require a dual submission. Permission grants and overall setup for user-specific platforms may take some time. Other than that, not much more!

Okta is a powerful, easy to use SSO tool with a decent amount of customizability, easy to administer

Bewertet am 16.5.2017
Jacob T.
Application Support Analyst

Vorteile: 1. I like how easy it is to set up for the first time. We synced up AD to it with very little work, or issue.
2. I love how easy it is to add new applications and maintain our instance.
3. It's very easy to use. We rarely have issues with end users.
4. There are a lot of built in application setups already, which makes it easy to add most software.
5. The documentation and app setup walkthroughs are great.

Nachteile: 1. Their customer service is pretty bad. I deal with a lot of vendors and this is one of my least favorites to have to call.
2. While their application documentation is good, the rest of their documentation is pretty hit or miss. I'd say the majority are good, but several are just not very useful at all.
3. While it's easy to administer, this comes at the cost of some customizability.

Easy to use

Bewertet am 17.9.2019
Onboarding Specialist

Kommentare: I use it daily and never had issues. I think it could use an update on apps because sometimes searching for them they don't show and others do.

Vorteile: It's easy to use and user-friendly and so far admins are able to set things up super quick for us end users. The display is friendly as well, not clunky.

Nachteile: I don't have any Cons that would really hurt the purchase but would like to not see the "suggested saved" pop up. That gets annoying, I'll save it if I want.

Best two factor Identity Management solution out there!

Bewertet am 26.6.2018
Chris M.
Manager, Technology Service & Support
Buchhaltung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Love it, it the best there is out there!

Vorteile: So many pros, how to list them all: - Single Sign-on,
- Multi-factor Auth
- Life-cycle Management
- Universal Directory
- API access management
Okta coves all basis of Identify management in an easy to use software solution. The best aprt is now most of my employees do even know there password for access to critical / sensitive software and applications.

Nachteile: When okta down, my staff are unable to get access to majority of the solutions they use. This has happened only 2 times and was for less then an hour each time in the 3 year we been suing okta.

Does what you need it to do

Bewertet am 21.10.2019
Vice President, Client Success
Internet, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It was a very positive experience and it's almost expectation that every organization I work with should have Okta.

Vorteile: I love that this software makes accessing all of my applications easy. It cut down on a lot of the previous issues that we had and was simple to use.

Nachteile: The double authentication was annoying at times but the app was easy enough to use. I never had an issue logging in to the applications I needed.

Makes using my phone for work EASY

Bewertet am 3.5.2018
Campaign Manager--Leukemia Cup Regatta
1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It streamlines my daily work tasks when I'm away from my computer.

Vorteile: My favorite thing about Okta was downloading the app in lieu of giving my company express permission to access my personal cell phone. If you download the Okta app and sync it with our work profile, I am still able to access all the files I need through Box, Outlook360, Concur, ADP, and others. It makes accessing them when I am not at my laptop, extremely easy. In the case of needing to get to my email remotely, it makes the process much faster than firing up the computer, logging onto the VPN, and signing into Outlook.

Nachteile: Occasionally, I have to sign into the individual apps again, but it's still infinitely easier than working on my laptop in a pinch.