Über TherapyNotes, LLC

Von über 60.000 Fachkräften im Bereich psychische Gesundheit geschätzt, hilft die EHR-Software TherapyNotes Therapeut*innen bei der effizienteren Verwaltung ihrer Praxen.

Erfahre mehr über TherapyNotes, LLC

Therapy Notes has integrated billing and now, HIPAA compliant video sessions as well as the best and most accessible customer service out there.

The billing notes and rejection of claims, are a bit unfriendly.

Bewertungen zu TherapyNotes, LLC

TherapyNotes, LLC hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,7 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 916 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du TherapyNotes, LLC bereits verwendet?

Mark
Business Owner and Operator (Therapist)

Great Customer Service

Untertitel auf Deutsch sind im Videoplayer verfügbar
Carolyn
Carolyn
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge, Selbstständig

Good Software platform for the money.

Kommentare: Overall I am happy with Therapy notes since my biller can access my records and I can utilize the telehealth portion easily. I just wish it had more resources for therapist available.

The collection of patient data is very easy.

Compared to Simple Practice, Therapy Notes resources for clinicians is null. I would say that has been the most disappointing as the only forms provided are for the demographics and any other forms must be created and uploaded by the clinician. Additionally there are no forms for assessments to give to the client based on their diagnosis or information that you can send to them. Also, you have to manually send out the forms for each new client where Simple Practice did it automatically.

Christopher
Neuropsychologist in USA

Excellence

Ease of use and immediate contact with person for any questions about the product. Superior customer support. This is an excellent product that offers scheduling options, encounter notes, file storage, clearinghouse EDI, ERA, patient messaging, telehealth video, and superior support. It's excellent.

NA. This is an excellent product that offers scheduling options, encounter notes, file storage, clearinghouse EDI, ERA, patient messaging, telehealth video, and superior support. It's excellent.

Kimberly
Owner and therapist in USA

TherapyNotes BEST ever!!!

5,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: I will say my experience is wonderful and a blessing.

The getting started videos are great. Customer support is in the USA!!!!!! They spend as much time as needed and they are encouraging. The credit card processing is the best I have ever used. Their Golden Thread Method leaves no stone upturned. The telemed is much better then the competition. I would highly recommend this platform.

it does not track external authorization which is highly needed to EAP session

Dusty
Admin Assistant in USA
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Would not recommend

2,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: I don’t feel it’s a good EHR for larger practices. I feel like they aren’t able to keep up with the needs of them. Billing has been the most frustrating part which is unfortunate. If I could use a completely different system, I would. I would not recommend TherapyNotes based off billing alone.

Secure messaging was just added. Customer service is very helpful and prompt when assistance is needed.

Billing, billing billing. It’s not user friendly at all. Claim scrubbing isn’t as good as other services. Too many extra steps need to be taken to make corrections. No secondary claim billing. Slow about adding features. Secure messaging could be upgraded. Clients can schedule with anyone in the office and there is no option to change this. Did I mention billing?

Regina
Practice Owner in USA
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge, Selbstständig

Great Product that continues to improve to meet customer needs

Kommentare: Exceptional customer support and communication during the Change HealthCare cyber attack.

TherapyNotes makes clinical documentation very simple. The templates are easy to use and customize if needed. The information flows from intake, intake note to treatment plan and progress notes. I don't worry about missing an insurance requirement.

I've been challenged with part of the billing process especially when it comes to deductibles and insurance readjusting payments.

carol
Paychotherapist in USA

Accurate and accessible information

Kommentare: What I like best is that a human answers the phone and knows what they are talking about.
Also, I have a lot of balls in the air- it helps me keep my practice organized.

The person who answers the phone can help me 90% of the time. If they can't help me they transfer me to someone who can.

It was a learning curve to get set up in the beginning.

Emily
Emily
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

The full package - easy to use, great support, makes admin efficient!

Kommentare: I will continue to use it and prefer it over other EHRs that are out there.

The platform is pleasant to look at and interface with. Many automated features that help me make fewer mistakes - meaning less revenue lost. The way of keeping a chart is intuitive and streamlined.

I am not a big fan of the telehealth feature - it costs more to host more than one client/family member and I don't think you can screen share.

Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, Selbstständig

Ease of Use and Installation and Administration

Kommentare: User and administrator.

The live customer service is amazing. Live means LIVE!!!

Would like more support for treatment planning.

Psychoanalyst and Owner in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Good product and great customer support

Love how easy it is to use for all my patient documentation

Still needs a few more features to cover all the bases

Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, Selbstständig

Just what I need for my practice

5,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: Excellent. They have been very communitive and proactive during the recent cyber-attack that health care providers experienced across the nation the past few months.

As a new business establishing from the ground up. I have found that therapy notes is very user friendly even for those with mediocre technology knowledge.

Would like TX plan templates to be a part of the platform.

Psychotherapist in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, Selbstständig

TherapyNotes customer review by a Psychotherapist in Private Practice.

Kommentare: TherapyNotes has become an integral part of running my psychotherapy private practice. Practically, it lets me expedite payment and submission of claims to insurance companies, has allowed me to automate and streamline the more cumbersome accounting, chart keeping, and record keeping tasks of running a business, as well as a therapy practice in particular. Aside from the platform allowing me to keep as robust records and charts as is required for any individual case, their biggest selling points are their blog and customer service; their blog is updated frequently with immensely useful information on any aspect of running a psychotherapy practice. TherapyNotes Customer Service is stellar; the replies, even to complex requests or questions, are immediate (typically within two hours) and informative with step-by-step, helpful answers. I’d highly recommend the platform to any health care clinician wanting to automate and better manage their practice.

Ease of use, automation of time-consuming tasks, their frequently updated blog of helpful industry information, Customer Service.

Integrated Telehealth, which they are currently in the process of implementing.

Antwort von TherapyNotes, LLC

Thank you David for the 5-star review! Our new telehealth platform has been well received and works great! I encourage you to give it a try. Thanks!

Tammy
Owner / Provider in USA

Therapy Notes makes billing a Breeze

Kommentare: Therapy Notes made my transition from group practice to private solo practice effortless. They imported my client contact list and populated the demographic info in 1 easy step. They do all the billing from submission to payment with a simple click of a button from me. They provide friendly telephone access to knowledgeable support techniques late evening hours and weekends. They follow up each support call with an email explaining all steps they took during the call and instructions for me to complete any details that may need follow through from me. They make business management a breeze which is saying a lot coming from a completely uninformed therapist like myself. Thank you Therapy Notes😊

I love the ease of use and practical applications Therapy Notes provides. They do ALL the billing work from submission to payment and they provide telephone access to technicians after hours and weekends.

I love everything about Therapy Notes. I have zero complaints.

Antwort von TherapyNotes, LLC

Thank you Tammy for the glowing review!

LaTania
Licensed Clinical Mental Health Counselor in USA

Always Great Customer Service

Kommentare: My experience is phenomenal, please keep up the great work!!!

I am so happy to report that this year I do not have to update my paperwork and load it into Therapy Notes. Yayyyy!!! TN has recently updated the library to include everything that I need as a clinician. This makes me very happy. Every time that I call they are always friendly and helpful. They know exactly how to help me and they never make me feel bad about not knowing how to navigate some areas within TN. They always follow up with an email to explain the process that they just showed me. I am very pleased with TN. I have used other EHR's and I love this one the best. It's not too simple and not too difficult to navigate. Keep up the great work.

Initially, it was the paperwork issue where I had to make my paperwork web-friendly so that my clients could complete it online, but now that this is no longer a problem I have no cons with TNs.

Mary Kate
Office Manager in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

No regrets

Kommentare: I chose this product for the value and the reputation for outstanding support. I've been pleasantly surprised over and over again as they continue to improve on what was already a clean, intuitive program.

Customer support is superb, especially compared to the practice management software we were using prior. Therapy Notes constantly improves and updates, adding both free and paid features. Updates are never disruptive and always ultimately improve our workflow.

Enrollment for ERAs, EFTs, and EDI could be smoother- the clearinghouse is a separate entity, and the instructions they provide through Therapy Notes aren't always clear or complete.

Suci
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge, Selbstständig

Therapy Notes is the only EHR platform I'll use.

Kommentare: I've been with Therapy Notes since I started my private practice and I won't use anything else.

I love the calendar feature in Therapy Notes. I also love the progress note platform. I find Therapy Notes easy to use and intuitive. Anytime I've needed help customer service has been there. I have no complaints.

The only thing I would like to see is a little bit more color coordination for the calendar or the ability to choose colors for specific appointment types myself.

Lisa
Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner in USA

Therapy Notes Review

Kommentare: Excellent. The customer service is responsive and courteous. I receive extremely prompt responses to my questions

The ease of use and ability to move through the fields quickly. The reliability, I have never had a connectivity issue

As a Nurse Practitioner I hope electronic prescribing is an option in the future

Donna
Owner/therapist in USA

Excellent Company

Kommentare: Excellent company
I have been with Therapy Notes for over three years and have never had a bad experience with the product or the service. They go above and beyond to make sure you as a provider or user have the help and support you need. They are constantly making improvements in the software and they make taking care of the paperwork end of business so easy. I have had pleasant and great experiences every time I call their support team with questions. No question is left unanswered nor are they too trivial. They try to make the product as user friendly as possible and are there to guide you through it all. I love that my notes are professional and easily read, all information that needs to be in them are there, I once got audited on a couple of clients by Medicaid and it was so easy to pull up what I needed and get it sent in. Passed with flying colors because all that I needed was in the note format. My clients all get a reminder text or call and they love it. I appreciate all the hard work they do on their end to make this a top of the line product for those of us on the front lines with clients. Billing is easy and user friendly. i would and have recommended this company to anyone looking for a good safe and professional product to help you in keeping documentation and billing orderly and consistent with expectations of our fields of practice. Thank you Therapy Notes!

I like everything about it. It is user friendly, if you need help the support team is exceptional. Notes are professional and clear, easy to read, treatment plans are wonderfully easy and all you need for notes are available for documentation. Their billing is easy and support is a phone call or email away. I have used the product for 3 years plus and have never had a bad experience with the company. It keeps confidentiality, and ease of keeping client information in a safe place.

There isn't anything I don't like about this software.

Mary
Director of Clinical Acumen in USA

Best EHR for Mental Health Practices

Kommentare: Please see below...

I love the overall professional presentation of the software. It is clear that Therapy Notes values this and that they work hard to not compromise this. It plays out in the way that they will take their time to carefully design and implement new features and the existing ones are relevant and well thought out. It is evident that they are concerned most with ethics and best practice in the mental healthcare field and not in pleasing everyone because designing a database is not in most clinician's wheelhouse. They have a big job with what they do and this clinician appreciates how they are doing it and the fruits of their labor.

I do wish the portal could be a little more robust but again, this is something that I know they are working on and there are details that they are considering that are out of my scope.

Antwort von TherapyNotes, LLC

Thanks for the great review! Yep, we continue to add functionality to the portal. Stay tuned to our blog for updates.

Marcia
Clinical Psychologist in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, Selbstständig

TherapyNotes is strong overall but has numerous problems it hasn't addressed since its inception

Kommentare: I wish I had started with a different program. I am not satisfied. I am not all that computer literate and just want something that gets the job done, and I'm too entrenched (and lazy?) to go to something else like SimplePractice. One more complaint: I have been a psychologist for over 25 years. I don't need the condescending ways that TherapyNotes literally PREVENTS YOU from, rather than cautions you about, doing certain notes out of order. Cautioning is a superb idea. We all get sloppy. Preventing is something altogether different. If I got a lecture (which I did) from someone who received their clinical psych PhD from my alma mater,UCLA, I might not be offended by the condescending tone I received when the woman informed me about the "golden thread" for conceptualizing clients. There was no "we chose to...." They are RIGHT. And another: you can enter a considerable amount of information, especially in billing, and then be told it can't be stored because it isn't properly allocated, or whatever. Can't they store it and flag it so you can return? I've wasted a lot of time here. There's no way to know in advance that you'll lose the information until you go to save it.

I like the electronic billing feature and the fact that it receives and allows recording of Electronic Remittance Advice from payers; the scheduling feature; ease of entering initial billing information from electronic ERAs (though there are other huge problems with billing); some aspects of the notes section; customer support by phone (but not via email); hours available for phone support, including weekend; other areas I'm not thinking of at the moment. Even though I can't recommend it, I do think it has many strengths.

(1) The billing area has countless flaws that my husband, a software developer on Mac and Windows for nearly 40 years, has called to their attention to no avail. When I note these weaknesses, they sound like it's the first time they've heard about it and "pass it on to their team." If you work with Medicare clients or clients who rely on two insurers, watch out. Most Medicare patients have secondary insurance that does not show up in the billing area so that you basically have to use a cumbersome process to enter secondary payment, and it's not immediately clear who paid what, as payments by each don't show up side-by-side in Billing, each associated with the proper payer. If you aren't a provider for the secondary, you have to use a "trick" to enter it. It is not intuitive overall. (2) While phone support is good, email is poor. I write in thorough explanation of the problem so that it can be solved in one go. Most times I write to them, I get a condescending first response that blows me off and requires another complex email essentially conveying the same information. (3) There is no manual. They've been in business too long for this. (4) The articles don't cover enough. For example, I entered "set place of service." Sounds easy, but no hits. (5) They put a lot of resources into tele-therapy when the pandemic hit, which appeared to divert programmers. They make lots of money; why not hire more?

Antwort von TherapyNotes, LLC

Thanks for your feedback. We'll be reaching out directly, particularly so we can clarify what billing issues you're seeing. 1. We're unaware of what flaws you're referring to but, hope to learn more. We do have some improvements coming out soon to improve secondary insurance, so hopefully this will address your concern. 2. We will look into why you received poor email support. The people that answer email are the same people that provide stellar phone support. 3. We have no plans to have a printed manual. The Help Center (support.therapynotes.com) is our digital manual. 4. If you can't find your answers in the help center, please call for support and we'll help out. We are readily available. I agree there's an opportunity to add more content. 5. We didn't divert anyone to work on telehealth. There are 6 development teams, one of which was already working on Telehealth. We are always hiring more developers.

Meg
Clinical Social Worker in USA
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge, Selbstständig

One Stop Shopping~ A great concept!

Kommentare: Several years ago I was providing services for people who had litigation/disability/workers comp. issues and the format and ease to send documents was critical in meeting their needs. As well as CYA as a clinician. (No small concern in this day and age.) Within the first year of my work with TherapyNotes, they were hacked and seriously compromised. It was then that I encountered the outstanding customer service and support. They worked around the clock to resolve the problem. Their customer support has not wavered or even fluctuated. My previous encounters with EHR were through hospitals and agencies (since 2007) and, in comparison, I find Therapy Notes equal and even surpassed other systems .

The company continues to grow, expand its' services and scope, without losing their outstanding level of customer support. Like many other senior clinicians, we have had to adapt to electronic medical records systems and billing after years of handwritten forms. The conversion has been daunting . When I changed billers last year, the fact that she could administer through TN actually deducted a percentage from her monthly fee. I am in the process of assisting patients in creating portal accounts so that I can use their telehealth platform. I've been with doxy.me for years and am not exactly pleased with their product.

Notes have to be completed before claims sent. This isn't always practical, although it does help with motivation to stay in front of charting. I wish it was easier for patients, especially elderly ones, for them to use the Telehealth without setting up an account. That in itself is a barrier.

Heidi
Clinical Supervisor and Therapist in USA
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

TherapyNotes is unable to provide the service we are paying for!

The platform has been relatively easy to use and cost effective. They do have glitches at times where the telehealth platform doesn’t work. I know it’s their platform because I am able to leave and use zoom or Psych Today with ease when this happens.

TherapyNotes has not handled the situation with Change Healthcare in a way that makes business sustainable for providers. They have waited to change clearinghouses when other EHR’s have been able to do it all due to their ancient coding and inability to pivot as every other EHR in the country did in days or just a week or so following the attack. When voicing our opinion about how they continue to charge us our monthly fees while not providing the service we need and signed up for they refuse to take ownership of the issue and are trying to silence us from voicing our opinions on the matter. I have been blocked from their facebook group for bringing attention to the issue. They continue to make promises that they are working on the inability to file claims through their platform yet there is no solutions. Other software platforms are doing it and have been. This business is doing just fine taking our money for monthly subscriptions while we individual providers continue to struggle. They cannot be trusted.

Quelle: GetApp

Great product

Kommentare: Overall Therapy Notes is great and my office is sticking with it! I can't wait to see the updates in the future to see how they improve. The price is great as well and they are always helpful!

This software is super easy to use and has a lot of great features! Their customer service is amazing and they take feedback from their users to make improvements! I love that that it has everything all in one and it makes scheduling, billing, and note taking extremely simple and conveniently fast! There is a client portal included which makes it easy for clients to schedule and submit documents that you have requested. The note templates are helpful and make it easy to make sure you have all the information you are needing in the note. Updates come out all the time with improvements which shows they are using the feedback! They also include a telehealth platform which makes online appointments easy to access and they just added a share screen option!

Therapy Notes is great but it is missing some features that other programs have. There is no app or client messaging like other popular programs which would make it easier to see scheduling or client messages on the go or when out of the office. Also the telehealth platform is improving but it does not allow multiple participants and the share screen only allows you to share your entire desktop instead of specific windows which can be a little annoying.

Diane
Clinical Psychologist in USA

I switched BACK to TherapyNotes from Simple Practice

Kommentare: See above--willing to change back from other program, even though this is time consuming.

I left TherapyNotes for Simple Practice 8 months ago--I quickly recognized that I made a mistake as I began to use Simple Practice. Therapy Notes has a number of important advantages/features to note: 1) requiring the clinician to fill out intake and treatment plan before one can write progress notes means you will not drop ethically necessary documentation that is needed for record to be complete; 2) the ability to schedule ongoing appointments without an end date (simple practice only allowed you to schedule 30 appts at a time and on two occasions, an appointment dropped off the schedule and I was not in when a client arrived!!). 3). live support rather than going through submitting an email--A GOOD OLD FASHIONED PERSON WHO CAN ANSWER EVEN THE MOST SIMPLE QUESTIONS MAKES ALL THE DIFFERENCE! 4). Requiring clinician to review treatment plan every 90 days when one would be likely to forget if you were not prompted. 5). Credit card processing costs less through Therapy Notes. Despite the difficulty of uploading client records back to TherapyNotes, I believe it is worth doing to be back with the better program.

I would like to be able to access easily on my cell phone and feel an App might make that the most user friendly.

Andrea
Office Manager in USA

Therapy Notes for Administrative Use

Kommentare: For me personally, and we have four offices filled with providers, Therapy Notes has enough options to fit the majority of our needs. I appreciate the quick support feedback. That's an important feature to me as a manager. I also appreciate their quick updates when there is an issue with the program, which is going to happen in any program one uses. It doesn't happen often, but when it does, they keep all of their users up-to-date in real time. I think Therapy Notes is a really good program and I would recommend it to anyone in this industry.

The software is pretty easy to use and set it up to what works best for your practice/office. I have trained many people on Therapy Notes since we started using it in February of 2016. The software is intuitive and learning the ins and outs is not too time consuming. I like it much, and I mean MUCH, better than our previous software program.

There are a few items that we would like to see such as being able to set up a client with more than one provider, and have the software bill insurance for one provider, but allow another provider to be self-pay with no insurance. The other really big item would be to add a comments section on the actual billing page. While we can make comments on the billing settings page, it would make sense to also allow comments on the billing page, where our providers are more likely to look. There are a few tweaks here and there that I'd love to push for, but all in all it's a great program.

Greg
Licensed Professional Counselor in USA
, Selbstständig

Great EHR Product

Kommentare: I highly recommend this software.

The program is extremely easy to use with a very small learning curve. The automated task list is fantastic. I am able to keep on top of all that I need to do to be successful! Insurance claims and payments are a snap. All you have to do is write the note and click to submit a claim! Treatment planning template is quite useful and easy to populate Notes are organized in a really great format. I am confident I could succeed if ever audited. Customer support is AMAZING and LIVE any time you need them. They are a phone call away!

I would like a scheduling app that is directly tied to the Notes scheduling calendar. It is annoying to have to open a browser on my smartphone and input a password every time. Some screens are not able to be enlarged and therefore I am not able to schedule with ease. There is no way to create forms online and send them to clients to fill out online. I am currently sending paper, having clients fill them out with pen, and then scanning and uploading. A secure overlay email function (like hushmail?) directly incorporated into the software would be useful. When I click on the client's email address this would automatically open and be so useful and safe. A video conferencing option might be nice, depending on the overall cost.