TherapyNotes Bewertungen

von TherapyNotes

Über TherapyNotes

Von über 60.000 Fachkräften im Bereich psychische Gesundheit geschätzt, hilft die EHR-Software TherapyNotes Therapeut*innen bei der effizienteren Verwaltung ihrer Praxen.

Erfahre mehr über TherapyNotes

Madison (madi) M.
Therapist
  • Bewertet am 18.1.2020

"Phenomenal Customer Care!"

Kommentare: Therapy Notes consistently provides me with excellent customer service, quick solutions, and supportive information. I have easily gained more in value than the monthly expense, and it is with a great ease of mind that I use them to support myself and my clients. Thanks for all your hard work!

Vorteile: +Quick Responses +User friendly +Flexible +Easy to learn +Receptive to feedback

Nachteile: -Cost (but still worth it) -No tele-health/online therapy options or direct client scheduling (yet)

von TherapyNotes an 20.1.2020

Thanks for the glowing review! There actually is client self scheduling. Call us and we will wall you through setting it up. Thank you!

• Bewertet am 18.1.2020
David D.
Psychotherapist
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 15.6.2020

"TherapyNotes customer review by a Psychotherapist in Private Practice."

Kommentare: TherapyNotes has become an integral part of running my psychotherapy private practice. Practically, it lets me expedite payment and submission of claims to insurance companies, has allowed me to automate and streamline the more cumbersome accounting, chart keeping, and record keeping tasks of running a business, as well as a therapy practice in particular. Aside from the platform allowing me to keep as robust records and charts as is required for any individual case, their biggest selling points are their blog and customer service; their blog is updated frequently with immensely useful information on any aspect of running a psychotherapy practice. TherapyNotes Customer Service is stellar; the replies, even to complex requests or questions, are immediate (typically within two hours) and informative with step-by-step, helpful answers. I’d highly recommend the platform to any health care clinician wanting to automate and better manage their practice.

Vorteile: Ease of use, automation of time-consuming tasks, their frequently updated blog of helpful industry information, Customer Service.

Nachteile: Integrated Telehealth, which they are currently in the process of implementing.

von TherapyNotes an 18.6.2020

Thank you David for the 5-star review! Our new telehealth platform has been well received and works great! I encourage you to give it a try. Thanks!

• Bewertet am 15.6.2020
Doug G.
Psychologist
  • Bewertet am 11.3.2018

"Disappointed after 3 years with the platform"

Vorteile: Good documentation management. Well-designed for use with families and minors. Billing features met my needs as a practitioner not accepting insurance.

Nachteile: Infrastructure problems abound with TN. There was a multi-day service outage in the summer of 2017, with little communication from the company to customers during the outage and no compensation for the downtime. In December 2017/January 2018, I finally lost my patience with the platform when the company decided to implement a major change in the database mid-week and the database upgrade destabilized the platform resulting in more downtime. Regarding the software... Your notes will be top-quality notes, but they will take you forever to write because the workflow is overly rigid. There is no way to customize what questions are asked in intake notes, progress notes, termination notes, etc. Text fields are too small, and only unformatted text is permitted. File attachments cannot be added to notes. There is currently no way to use the patient portal to have clients fill out forms, pay bills, send/receive documents, and perform secure messaging. No mobile app. No two-way sync with calendars means constantly having to check two calendars. 10 MB limit on file uploads. I was on the platform for almost 3 years and saw only very minimal feature enhancements/additions. And get ready for a very poor user experience when you decide to leave the platform; plan to basically download thousands of resources manually with no help from the dev team. When I sent feedback to the dev team on my way out, they defended their poor design choices and offered kludgy workarounds rather than listen.

• Bewertet am 11.3.2018
Jennifer L.
Qualified Supervisor/Therapist
  • Bewertet am 17.5.2020

"My Love/Hate Relationship with This Software"

Kommentare: As a therapist, sometimes I feel like being with TN is akin to staying in a bad relationship. They don't actually promise anything but I keep staying because I keep hoping/believing they're going to come through one day and offer these features (i.e. fillable client intake forms that transfer the data into my intake note, a mobile app, and a two-way calendar). TN is also charging the same amount of money or in some cases more money as other EHRs that do offer these simplistic features. One good thing is that they did lower the price by $10 per month for solo practices, but I am already paying $79 per month for myself and one intern. That price will increase by $20 per month for every intern I supervise, and I currently have ten prospective interns waiting in the wings. You do the math.

Vorteile: The good: First, TherapyNotes has outstanding customer service. The staff is friendly, knowledgeable, and able to troubleshoot issues within minutes after I've wrestled for hours trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong. Secondly, ease of billing. I have been with this service since 2015 and I've tried about four other EHR products, but I keep coming back to TN because of the ease of billing. All you have to do is input the client's insurance information and once you complete a note, you just press a button and the claim is sent out. With other EHRs, I still had to fill out my own claim forms, which I didn't know how to do. Because TN makes it so simple, I have decided to stay with them. Getting paid is pretty important, so I suppose this would be the single greatest value for me as far as this software is concerned.

Nachteile: The bad: They consistently refuse to provide the simplest of features requested by their users. I am intentionally using the word "refuse" because it is clearly a choice made by TN. I asked TN in September 2016 if they would EVER implement an electronic intake form. TN told me they were "working on it" and gave me an estimate of December 2016. It actually didn't happen until several months later, and when they finally revealed it, it was so disappointing. All they did was give us the ability to upload a form to the portal so a patient could download it, fill it out, and then upload it back. This means I still have to go through the time consuming task of manually typing everything the client wrote into the intake form on my end. When TN released this feature, they were so excited, as if it were the most amazing feature they've ever rolled out, completely oblivious to the fact that this "feature" is not much different from me emailing my intake form to a client. Apparently TN thinks it's still 2003. Several users left comments on the announcement post telling TN this is NOT what we were waiting for. As of May 2020, we are still waiting.
TN also doesn't have a mobile app, while most other EHRs do. As someone else stated, there is no two-way calendar integration. I'd also like to see a way for me to document supervision meetings with my interns. Right now I have to create a separate client account for each of my interns to keep track of supervision meetings.

von TherapyNotes an 20.5.2020

Thank you for the review, Jennifer. We have a team of full-time developers working on TherapyNotes, and we are adding new features and improvements as quickly as we can, and the portal has been of significant priority. In addition to the Patient Information Form, we recently released the Patient Contact Form, and more forms and portal features are in development now. It is certainly not a matter of us refusing to add features, it's just a matter of getting to everything we want to accomplish.

• Bewertet am 17.5.2020
Micheal frances S.
Owner and Psychotherapist
  • Bewertet am 6.2.2020

"Therapynotes is true to the promises it makes to customers"

Vorteile: I run a small practice and I do most of my own billing, scheduling and of course documentation of my client's progress. This program is comprehensive and easy to use. What really makes this company better than the others in the field is their customer service. Plainly speaking the other companies I've tried offered little or no useable customer service, which resulted in my getting "stuck" on how to use their systems - and having to wait several hours or even days to get an answer on how to use a particular feature.

Nachteile: Compared to other programs I have used, Therapynotes just doesn't have things I dislike.

• Bewertet am 6.2.2020
Monique M.
Owner/Therapist
  • Bewertet am 8.1.2020

"So Grateful for TherapyNotes"

Kommentare: I feel so supported by their customer care team! They are almost always available and help me with difficult questions. But the software itself is so intuitive you could figure most features out on your own...and trust me, I am not that great at technology.

Vorteile: The software is incredibly intuitive! The documentation options are current and has everything I need. The customer service is second to none! I am doing my own billing after never having billed on my own before, saving me $1,000's of dollars per year! I can sync my calendar with my personal calendar. The price is perfect for me!

Nachteile: I have not yet found any features that I do not like, other than wishing I could add my own "to do" items on my calendar. Maybe I can, and I just haven't discovered how to yet.

• Bewertet am 8.1.2020
Jessica M.
therapist/owner
  • Bewertet am 31.1.2020

"Great Product, Outstanding Customer Service"

Kommentare: Overall, TherapyNotes makes me so much more efficient that I can spend more time and energy focusing on my patients, where it needs to be.

Vorteile: TherapyNotes is user friendly, keeps me automatically HIPAA compliant with treatment plans, notes and security. It has seamless billing and the ability to post payments electronically. It has a lot of other perks and they are always working on adding new features or upgrading the ones they have.

Nachteile: setting up the credit card processing was complicated but they have recently changed companies to improve that situation.

• Bewertet am 31.1.2020
Brian L.
therapist
  • Bewertet am 5.12.2019

"Therapy Notes"

Kommentare: My experience with therapy notes has been great and I would recommend it to anybody

Vorteile: I like that it is easy to use, that it has reports for everything and the billing is made simple all you have to do is click submit and it is billed

Nachteile: I really have not found any cons. Maybe more of a tutorial on how to use it would be helpful. I have found it rather easy but some of my therapists have struggled at first then have loved it.

von TherapyNotes an 6.12.2019

Brian, thanks for the great review! Regarding tutorials, be sure to take look at our Help Center, Blog, and Youtube Channel. We also do live webinars and provide phone support 7 days per week.

• Bewertet am 5.12.2019
Kelly P.
Psychologist
  • Bewertet am 4.2.2020

"Brief Experience"

Kommentare: TherapyNotes is a great option but needs to remain competitive with the growing market of EHR. I would recommend it, but unless it's price changes, it was easier to choose the alternative option.

Vorteile: This software is great for a private practice. It has all the necessary features like scheduling, payments, an easy to use client portal, and of course documentation. The formatting was use friendly, attractive, and intuitive. As a solo practitioner, there were many features I did not have the opportunity to use that I am sure would have been useful for a larger practice (non-clinical staff features).

Nachteile: The features were very similar to SimplePractice, which at the time of sign up, was cheaper. TherapyNotes charged for client reminders, .14 cents per reminder. That can really add up! I also believe that the credit card payment is more expensive through Therapynotes. Therapynotes also does not offer a secure messaging system, which has been helpful for communicating with my patients.

• Bewertet am 4.2.2020
Shawna E.
Counselor / Office Manager
  • Bewertet am 15.8.2019

"Therapy Notes = Awesomeness "

Vorteile: I actually love everything about this software! It is user friendly and helps me remember what I need to do. Creating session notes has become less time consuming and less overwhelming if you tend to be a bit of a procrastinator. I am just now learning the billing aspects and so far I appreciate how it lays it all out. I do not use the insurance/claims section, but as the rest of software is user friendly, I assume that part is as well. It has helped our practice in scheduling, allowing us to see all clinicians schedule so that double booking of the office does not happen. The price is just right for a small practice.

Nachteile: At this time I have not found anything that I do not like about this software.

• Bewertet am 15.8.2019
Mary A.
Director of Clinical Acumen
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 9.10.2019

"Best EHR for Mental Health Practices"

Kommentare: Please see below...

Vorteile: I love the overall professional presentation of the software. It is clear that Therapy Notes values this and that they work hard to not compromise this. It plays out in the way that they will take their time to carefully design and implement new features and the existing ones are relevant and well thought out. It is evident that they are concerned most with ethics and best practice in the mental healthcare field and not in pleasing everyone because designing a database is not in most clinician's wheelhouse. They have a big job with what they do and this clinician appreciates how they are doing it and the fruits of their labor.

Nachteile: I do wish the portal could be a little more robust but again, this is something that I know they are working on and there are details that they are considering that are out of my scope.

von TherapyNotes an 10.10.2019

Thanks for the great review! Yep, we continue to add functionality to the portal. Stay tuned to our blog for updates.

• Bewertet am 9.10.2019
LCPC, CADC, Owner
  • Bewertet am 2.9.2019

"Beyond Outstanding!"

Kommentare: A+++++
EXCEPTIONAL, FAST AND ACCOMMODATING CUSTOMER SERVICE FROM A COMPANY I FEEL IS A TRUE TEAM WHO UNDERSTANDS ME AS A PROFESSIONAL (AND HUMAN BEING) AND THEY ARE ALWAYS, ALWAYS WILLING TO HELP ME IF A HARDSHIP ARISES AND WILL HONOR THAT EACH TIME BY HELPING ME OR ANYONE ELSE (as long as it doesn't become a continuous habit). They're truly amazing. I LOVE this company!

Vorteile: Therapy Notes (as an organization) provides optimal, timely, friendly & solution-focused customer service for any need I've called about. They are EXTREMELY UNDERSTANDING if you experience a Hardship of Financial setback (I was diagnosed with Lupus) and will do ALL it takes to accommodating your needs to help get you back on track. Their software interace is extremey user-friendly (setting up your initial account, inputting new client information, scheduling (including a partient portal which assists clients in schedule their own appointment REQUESTS, automated email appt reminders, exceptional clinical documentation, SIMPLE billing practices to submit claims and receive ERA's (with one-click "posting" to various client accounts who are included on the same return ERA.) Payment processing has Several options (my favorite is "Submitted Payment through an External Account/Debit) because most of my client prefer quick POS payment processing for matters such as paying their per session Co-Pays. ETHICAL: Providers are blocked from submitted claims for processing until the corresponding clinical note has been signed. No way around this. Therefore, IF a provider wants reimbursement for services provided, they MUST be compliant and have signed and submitted their clinical documentation. Providers are able to change the settings of the program....but Not that ONE requirement for liability purposes of course. Seriously, Beyond Outstanding!

Nachteile: I'd say the ONE thing that makes it Exceptional::: LOL:::: The program forces providers to complete their clinical documentation within 24-48 hours. Unless you do so, the system blocks your ability to "bill" (and get paid!!) Ugh (but it's a good thing!) I wish they'd develop an APP. I've been asking them for almost 4 years, yet they don't have one? Despite making several other changes to their system (i.e. blogging). They're such an advanced, in-tune, intelligent team of "younger" professionals, it's actually a bit mind-blowing for me that there hasn't been an APP created to support their "mobile consumers".... I feel they could POTENTIALLY be losing lots of business potential by neglecting to make this a priority (knowing that most of their main competitors do function via Apps and their lack of developing one decreases their "attractiveness" over to a company who uses an APP, DESPITE that TN is Superior in every other way!

von TherapyNotes an 3.9.2019

Thank you Katie for the A+++++ review! Yes we do require notes before you can submit claims, but to be clear there is no "24-48 hour" requirement. You can do your notes whenever you want, as long as you do it before you bill.

We haven't prioritized an app because we have so much else we want to accomplish. Plus, you CAN use TherapyNotes on your mobile device in your web browser, and you can push your appointments to your smart phone's mobile calendar. Please check the knowledgebase for instructions on how to do that.

Thanks again! :)

• Bewertet am 2.9.2019
Bethany C.
  • Bewertet am 26.6.2019

"TherapyNotes- A revolution in Behavioral Health Billing and EHR"

Kommentare: Submitting claims for the entire day of work takes anywhere between 10 seconds to 4 minutes tops depending on if anything needs changed before it is submitted. The scheduling calendar is a breeze with the ability to see multiple locations and multiple providers at the same time, or restrict it to one provider at all locations, all providers at one location, or any configuration of that you can think of. It is color coded, giving each clinician a different color, so office staff can easily see which patients are with which doctor. And you can set up recurring appointments with the click of a button for as many or as few weeks as you would like for a patient. You can also individualize the billing per Insurance company, and per doctor, so any special billing can be saved and will be automatically input for the payers that require it. Also, the visit records (notes) that the doctors input for each patient are extremely well organized, and easy to print and provide to insurance companies/workers comp/other providers when requested. TherapyNotes is intuitive software that is easy to learn, user friendly, and inexpensive in comparison to other options.

Vorteile: The price charged, along with what you get is incomparable, this software is head and shoulders above the competition. TherapyNotes has solved 99% of our Billing and EHR issues. When issues do arise, we are able to get a representative on the phone within 1 minute flat, (this is record time, EVERY time.) and they are always extremely helpful, knowledgeable, and can SOLVE any problem. The one and only problem I still have, is already in the works for the next update to solve, and TherapyNotes staff has provided such an easy workaround in the meantime, that it has become nearly a non-issue. It is an extremely user friendly interface, and we have come to find that any mistake made within the system (Billing/health records/you name it) can be reversed, without any issues.

Nachteile: The Doctors had a hard time, when the office first transitioned to TherapyNotes, getting the notes completed. (All notes regarding a patient's visit on that date of service need to be completed before that DOS claim can be sent out. There is no deadline to complete them, you just can't send the claim until they are completed) Once the clinicians adjusted to writing their notes in a timely fashion, they too have concluded that they much prefer TherapyNotes over our old software (NueMD) which was MUCH more costly, for extensively less features that are beneficial to a behavioral health practice.

• Bewertet am 26.6.2019
Brian T.
Clinical Social Worker, Psychotherapist
  • Bewertet am 25.4.2019

"Very comprehensive, user friendly, and overall fantastic EHR/Billing software!"

Kommentare: Overall a really pleasant experience with TN. Highly recommended!

Vorteile: - Comprehensive and robust charting system
- Pre-populated progress notes from dx and treatment goals from intake / 1st treatment plan making completing half of the note a breeze!
- Pre-populated interventions list, or create your own
- Fantastic ability to submit claims electronically with ease making the billing process a breeze! ERA’s (EOB’s in electronic format) come straight from the clearinghouse making reconciliation a one click process vs manually entering insurance payments. These two features have saved me tremendous time!
- All of your billing is easily accessible either by patient, or practice wide. Many reports you can run to efficiently keep an eye on your cash flow.
- Appointment reminders via text, phone call, or email. Clients LOVE them! Reliable.
- Incredible customer support! Second to none. Every time I call there are no long wait times (usually under 5 minutes or less!) Customer support is clearly extremely knowledgeable about the software and are eager to help problem solve technical issues or just there to guide you through the use of the product. I can’t tell you how helpful they have been. Words can’t describe. They really are amazing! :)
- THE PRICE! Superb value for such a comprehensive system. This is a company who isn’t looking to squeeze out as much as they can from you. It’s very affordable for solo practice clinicians who are already struggling to make a living with all other expenses a practice runs into.

Nachteile: - Sometimes the billing can get confusing due to the complexity of the process of billing with insurance in general.
- No telehealth module yet! Once HIPAA complaint video confrerencing comes, TN will truly be an ideal fully comprehensive easy to use platform! Looking forward to it!

• Bewertet am 25.4.2019
Katie M.
Owner/Administrator, Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor, Certified Alcohol & Drug Counselor
  • Bewertet am 7.2.2019

"Above & Beyond!!"

Kommentare: TherapyNotes has the most outstanding customer service of Any company in which I've ever conducted business. Each time I call them they respond within 1-2 hours with a Solution to my inquiry. When I have certain requests pertaining to my practice or TN account, they willingly and generously support my concerns and do whatever it takes to work with me so that my practice succeeds. I could go on and on with this answer but simply put, I'm so grateful I "stumbled" upon this company and EHR softward progam because I've had ZERO issues with them at all and would highly recommend them to any person seeking a new documentation system!

Vorteile: TherapyNotes EHR is an outstanding software for my private counseling practice. It's ease of use and ample "help" section makes it simple for me to learn anything I have questions about --most of the time without even needing to call them. I've been a customer since 2016 and have only positive feedback to give. Use the free-trial offer. I did and have no regrets.

Nachteile: Regarding TherapyNotes, there are only 2 things that cross my mind now and then. 1) I'd like for them to develop a mobile app. I mentioned this to them and they were very receptive stating they were in the process of doing so. I'm looking forward to that! 2) I'd LOVE if TN created Intake forms that could be tailored to individual practices (i.e. insert company name here) If demographic, consent, HIPPA, cancellation, etc. forms were incorporated into the program and could be easily send to new clients through the patient portal , it would save me a ton of time and allow me to concentrate on providing therapy rather than on the necessary paperwork that is required.

• Bewertet am 7.2.2019
Donna D.
Owner/therapist
  • Bewertet am 14.8.2018

"Excellent Company"

Kommentare: Excellent company
I have been with Therapy Notes for over three years and have never had a bad experience with the product or the service. They go above and beyond to make sure you as a provider or user have the help and support you need. They are constantly making improvements in the software and they make taking care of the paperwork end of business so easy. I have had pleasant and great experiences every time I call their support team with questions. No question is left unanswered nor are they too trivial. They try to make the product as user friendly as possible and are there to guide you through it all. I love that my notes are professional and easily read, all information that needs to be in them are there, I once got audited on a couple of clients by Medicaid and it was so easy to pull up what I needed and get it sent in. Passed with flying colors because all that I needed was in the note format. My clients all get a reminder text or call and they love it. I appreciate all the hard work they do on their end to make this a top of the line product for those of us on the front lines with clients. Billing is easy and user friendly. i would and have recommended this company to anyone looking for a good safe and professional product to help you in keeping documentation and billing orderly and consistent with expectations of our fields of practice. Thank you Therapy Notes!

Vorteile: I like everything about it. It is user friendly, if you need help the support team is exceptional. Notes are professional and clear, easy to read, treatment plans are wonderfully easy and all you need for notes are available for documentation. Their billing is easy and support is a phone call or email away. I have used the product for 3 years plus and have never had a bad experience with the company. It keeps confidentiality, and ease of keeping client information in a safe place.

Nachteile: There isn't anything I don't like about this software.

• Bewertet am 14.8.2018
Shawn D.
  • Bewertet am 24.10.2012

"A great therapy office addition"

Kommentare: Overall I am very happy with the system and recommend it for practices of all sizes. The pros out weight the cons. Most of the negatives I have found are potential future features. There is already a plan to integrate appointment reminders to clients, which will be a great time saver. I have found updates to the system to occur very quickly and good follow through on promised features. They owners are definitely motivated to keep customers happy when able.

Vorteile: Notes are easy to enter for a busy practice. I love the features of uploading old paper charts for storage (other programs don't allow this). The feature of customizing procedure codes and interventions are a great option. The system is extremely easy to use. The to do list section is great for seeing notes that you may have forgotten to write, to notify you when a treatment plan is due, and to remind you to discharge clients who are no longer active. This is been extremely helpful to keep charts current. The ability to log in from other computers helps for accessing client information in a crisis without needing to go to the office. When I get requests for charts, I can easily download notes to fax or email without problems. The feature of generating client statements helps save a lot of time.

Nachteile: Being a small practice, I don't have funds for purchasing billing services in addition to the system, so I was disappointed in the billing fee being per submission rather than a flat rate. If a flat rate was offered for billing integration this might be resolved for smaller offices. It would also be helpful to generate customizable letters to clients for reoccuring situations such as discharge notice and missed appointments. There is also no way to generate client numbers within the system, so I currently have to keep a seperate excell document to generate client numbers (i.e. automatically assigning numbers when entering a new client). I also would like to have a billing documents section to scan copies of EOB statements that is seperate from the clinical chart. Current there is not way to integrate credit card processing within the system, but is a possible future feature.

von TherapyNotes an 24.10.2012

Thanks for the great feedback. Yes, future planned futures will definitely assist with some of the items you mentioned and you are right that appointment reminders are coming very soon! (FYI, I'm typing this on 10/24/12. If you are from the future, we may already have this feature. Check the web site to find out!)

• Bewertet am 24.10.2012
Diane H.
Clinical Psychologist
  • Bewertet am 21.8.2019

"I switched BACK to TherapyNotes from Simple Practice"

Kommentare: See above--willing to change back from other program, even though this is time consuming.

Vorteile: I left TherapyNotes for Simple Practice 8 months ago--I quickly recognized that I made a mistake as I began to use Simple Practice. Therapy Notes has a number of important advantages/features to note: 1) requiring the clinician to fill out intake and treatment plan before one can write progress notes means you will not drop ethically necessary documentation that is needed for record to be complete; 2) the ability to schedule ongoing appointments without an end date (simple practice only allowed you to schedule 30 appts at a time and on two occasions, an appointment dropped off the schedule and I was not in when a client arrived!!). 3). live support rather than going through submitting an email--A GOOD OLD FASHIONED PERSON WHO CAN ANSWER EVEN THE MOST SIMPLE QUESTIONS MAKES ALL THE DIFFERENCE! 4). Requiring clinician to review treatment plan every 90 days when one would be likely to forget if you were not prompted. 5). Credit card processing costs less through Therapy Notes. Despite the difficulty of uploading client records back to TherapyNotes, I believe it is worth doing to be back with the better program.

Nachteile: I would like to be able to access easily on my cell phone and feel an App might make that the most user friendly.

• Bewertet am 21.8.2019
Andrea H.
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 29.8.2018

"Therapy Notes for Administrative Use"

Kommentare: For me personally, and we have four offices filled with providers, Therapy Notes has enough options to fit the majority of our needs. I appreciate the quick support feedback. That's an important feature to me as a manager. I also appreciate their quick updates when there is an issue with the program, which is going to happen in any program one uses. It doesn't happen often, but when it does, they keep all of their users up-to-date in real time. I think Therapy Notes is a really good program and I would recommend it to anyone in this industry.

Vorteile: The software is pretty easy to use and set it up to what works best for your practice/office. I have trained many people on Therapy Notes since we started using it in February of 2016. The software is intuitive and learning the ins and outs is not too time consuming. I like it much, and I mean MUCH, better than our previous software program.

Nachteile: There are a few items that we would like to see such as being able to set up a client with more than one provider, and have the software bill insurance for one provider, but allow another provider to be self-pay with no insurance. The other really big item would be to add a comments section on the actual billing page. While we can make comments on the billing settings page, it would make sense to also allow comments on the billing page, where our providers are more likely to look. There are a few tweaks here and there that I'd love to push for, but all in all it's a great program.

• Bewertet am 29.8.2018
Greg I.
Licensed Professional Counselor
Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 25.2.2019

"Great EHR Product"

Kommentare: I highly recommend this software.

Vorteile: The program is extremely easy to use with a very small learning curve.
The automated task list is fantastic. I am able to keep on top of all that I need to do to be successful!
Insurance claims and payments are a snap. All you have to do is write the note and click to submit a claim!
Treatment planning template is quite useful and easy to populate
Notes are organized in a really great format. I am confident I could succeed if ever audited.
Customer support is AMAZING and LIVE any time you need them. They are a phone call away!

Nachteile: I would like a scheduling app that is directly tied to the Notes scheduling calendar. It is annoying to have to open a browser on my smartphone and input a password every time. Some screens are not able to be enlarged and therefore I am not able to schedule with ease.
There is no way to create forms online and send them to clients to fill out online. I am currently sending paper, having clients fill them out with pen, and then scanning and uploading.
A secure overlay email function (like hushmail?) directly incorporated into the software would be useful. When I click on the client's email address this would automatically open and be so useful and safe.
A video conferencing option might be nice, depending on the overall cost.

• Bewertet am 25.2.2019
Susan M.
Practice Owner, Psychotherapist
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 16.8.2019

"Therapy Notes is a great product and the Customer Service is OUTSTANDING"

Vorteile: Customer Service; it keeps improving; easy to set up a new client, schedule (free reminders two days before appointments are sent to clients), good templates for intakes, assessments, progress notes, great to do reminder lists, great EDI processing and more.

Nachteile: I have never been dis-satisfied with how I was treated. I may have not liked the answer :) - but the staff are great. The answers I don't like are when there are features I'd like that they don't have YET, so I have to do work arounds that take time. I would like the ability to BOLD, UNDERLINE and BULLET the text in my notes, better secondary insurance processing, and tele-therapy (currently using DOXY.me) I know they are working on these things, and with the things they aren't, they make a note and send it up the chain of command and tell me how to do the same, so I feel heard and valued.

• Bewertet am 16.8.2019
  • Bewertet am 12.10.2016

"Awesome in Every Way!"

Kommentare: Therapy Notes is the most Outstanding clinical documentation & billing software system I have ever used. It's "Ease of Use" is exceptional. But during times it may be difficult to solve your problem on your own, TN has a Rapid Customer Service Response Time (typically 24 or less via email), in addition to a vast array of Tutorials to access that are clearly written and easy to follow on just about every topic imaginable. I love having access to a knowledge-based library this comprehensive that I can utilize at times I need to look up a quick procedure I had forgotten or for when I need an answer quicker than it may take for TN to respond (NOTE: I'm referring to an email response!) You do have the option of calling the TN support team and receiving instant customer service from a friendly, patient TN support representative. One thing I love is that in the 4-5 short months I've been using TN, I've had to contact Support for a number of matters, as I am a new, first time practice owner. It's very comforting to be greeted by or responded to by the same set of people on staff to assist me. The consistent low turn over rate says a lot about the management of a company and the staff at TN genuinely make me feel as if they're getting to know me and my company/account personally. Some of the actual features that has made my job easier by switching to Therapy Notes is their multiple drop down menu features for Clinical Interventions, or the History drop down tap, which you can click on during a session with your Client to instantly review their status from their last session. Scheduling is a breeze, Billing is effortless and the Patient Portal is exceptional. The features are endless and I can't rave about it enough. Not to mention, they take ALL suggestions for improvement into consideration and actually respond to those requests with gratitude while providing you feedback on your request. IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A SIMPLE, YET THOROUGH AND COMPREHENSIVE SYSTEM DESIGNED SPECIFICALLY FOR THE MENTAL HEALTH PROFESSION, THEN THERAPY NOTES IS THE ONE TO CHOOSE. HANDS DOWN, IT HAS MADE MY JOB SIMPLER AND HAS FREED UP VALUABLE TIME IN MY LIFE THAT I CAN NOW ALLOCATE TO MY FAMILY OR OTHER AREAS OF INTEREST. STOP RESEARCHING NOW! I personally signed up for the 30 day free trial to 5 or 6 different systems simultaneously when trying to make my choice as to which company to use. THERAPY NOTES IS ALL YOU NEED. Enjoy!

• Bewertet am 12.10.2016
Judith M.
Psychiatric Clinical Nurse Specialist, APRN
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 1.4.2019

"Best Product Available for Private Practice"

Kommentare: Customer service is by the far the highest quality that I have encountered in many of the providers that as health care practitioners we deal with on a regular basis. The turnaround time is rapid, and I mean rapid. At times it has been within minutes. They are so easily accessible and so courteous and efficeint. If all companies operated with this model, medical offices everywhere would have a lot more smiling faces!!

Vorteile: This is such a user friendly interface. I am not technologically astute and this software is very easy to learn, it is so logical and straightforward. I love that it saves information enterened in previous sessions, such as MSE, medications, etc. and lows you to edit and adjust for current session rather than re-enter all of the data. There is no redundancy or series of non applicable boxes to check throught that you encounter in other EMR’s.

Nachteile: I wish there was part of the software that would save past med trials. I enter them in my intial eval, but they do not save and as I try and discontinue medications, I would like them to be saved. I have asked about this and told I can enter them in the area saved for notes on medications, but I would like it to save on med list automatically.

• Bewertet am 1.4.2019
Kerrin H.
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge
  • Bewertet am 19.3.2015

"Great Experience with Therapy Notes"

Vorteile: Therapy Notes has been the best thing we have done for our practice. It has saved time, money and space. I own a group practice and we are able to have multiple clinicians using the system at the same time. TherapyNotes will automatically do the billing with one click once the client information is entered and the note is finished. The notes are extremely user-friendly and easy to use. The notes can definitely be filled out between sessions to maximize your time. There is also no need for bulky file cabinets as all of the client documents can be scanned and entered into the system. It is very user-friendly, even my most technology challenged clinician can use it at ease. Also, the customer service is amazing. You can ask them any question and they will answer it, usually within a few minutes, at most a few hours. I would recommend this product to any clinician who wants to keep his or her sanity and time. Everything is all in one place and life is much more streamlined for sure! This product has literally saved my practice.

Nachteile: The thing that I like least is that there is no client portal, which means clients cannot log in to schedule appointments or change them. We have our website set up so that clients can book their own appointments and we must use Full Slate to do this, so it means we must constantly go back and forth to the two sites in order to keep our calendar. Other than that, it is great and hopefully they will have the client portal up and running really soon.

• Bewertet am 19.3.2015
Sherry H.
Owner/Therapist
  • Bewertet am 11.6.2020

"Several years of reliable service"

Vorteile: I have been using TherapyNotes for several years and have had a reliable experience with intuitive functioning and pleasing graphic presentation. I just switched over to the Beta version of their telehealth platform and have found it to be more reliable than the other HIPPA platform I had been using, which has been such a stress reliever throughout my day. (Cannot control client technology and the wifi and internet issues that impact connectivity.) While I have been avoiding switching to their credit card processing as it was a bit more expensive, it really is nice to have everything from scheduling to billing all in one place. I have never had any problem getting in touch with tech and billing staff when needed and always have good results when I do so.

Nachteile: Would like the credit card processing to be more integral to the billing software (though I believe they are working on it.)

von TherapyNotes an 18.6.2020

Hi Sherry! Thanks for the 5 star review! So glad you are enjoying our telehealth platform!

Our credit card processing rates are the lowest in the industry, and it is completely integrated! I encourage you to give it a try.

• Bewertet am 11.6.2020