As a professional child care provider, I found this software extremely convenient and time-saving.

Bewertet am 12.7.2018
Shannon S.
Business Owner/Photographer/Teacher
Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: This software provides me the greatest benefits in time-saving and general efficiency. Everything I need -- reports, student info, parent info, etc. -- is literally all in one place. I feel that because of this software and the efficiency boost it provides, not only is more time and energy focused on the students themselves, but that they're safer as a result. Constantly trying to shuffle around paperwork while teaching is no longer an issue! Plus, I didn't have to carry around a heavy binder anymore. Whew!

Vorteile: What I like most about this software is the convenience of having all of my student information in one place, readily available at the literal touch of a fingertip. As a professional child care provider for over five years, I can't begin to tell you how much time, paper, and grief this software has saved. I love that each staff member and student's name has a photo listed right there with their name -- makes it so much easier on subs. And thing is, the whole program is so easy to navigate, most people would be able to learn the ins and outs within a few days use. One of my favorite features is the ability to share a photo or update with a parent in real time, and the fact that doing so only requires a few taps of the screen. While no product is ever going to be perfect, compared to similar software I've encountered, I'd go with Childcare by Tadpoles every time.

Nachteile: While overall, my experience has been generally positive with this software, like anything else there have been some hiccups. My biggest complaint is that occasionally the software freezes when you're in the middle of updating a report or trying to perform some other (what should be a) relatively quick task. For some reason I run into this most frequently while using the in-app camera, though this problem has improved with each update. Another more rare issue occurred when, maybe once a month, a report would not get through to a parent or parents. I will say that for the most part during those issues, customer service was pretty much on top of it and able to help resolve the problem nearly immediately.

Tadpoles App

Bewertet am 1.12.2018
Dorothea W.
PreK Tracher
Bildungsmanagement, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I really liked the capability for parents to be able to see daily updated activities and lessons being done in the classroom. It was helpful to be able to plug in all the weekly lessons and have them ready to go, in case of a substitute teacher or just so parents know they upcoming themes and lessons.

Nachteile: It took me much longer to understand this App over a couple others I have used as a teacher. I had to write in everything manually when this App was used at my former school which took a lot of time. To have lesson options, as in core standards and basic theme titles, would have made lesson planning much easier.

Good beginner Childcare software

Bewertet am 18.12.2017
Stephanie N.

Kommentare: Tadpole is great to start usibg if you have never used a software in your classroom before. Definitely helps you stay more organized.

Vorteile: Tadpole allows you to digitally input everything from your students day in the comfort of your own classroom. With something as small as a phone, you can download the app and input their whole day. Everything from diaper changes to feedings and parents absolutely love it. It completely changed how I organized my classroom. We never had any problems uploading anything, which was amazing.

Nachteile: There are better softwares out on the market right now that allow you to do more with their app. More features so we stopped using Tadpole for this reason. Its a great beginner software, but we out grew it. You can't do as many admin features as other software inn the market.

Childcare review

Bewertet am 24.1.2019
Jennifer M.
Teacher
Bildungsmanagement, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall i love this software it’s been a huge help in my classroom and i would advise most childcare’s to look into it.

Vorteile: I really liked using this software because it made my life as a teacher easier. I was able to communicate with the parents in real time and i didn’t have to write anymore daily sheets or daily reports. The parents have also really liked being able to connect with us throughout the day. It’s also very affordable which is great for schools!

Nachteile: I think they could have found better and faster ways to put in information like what the child eats, when they go to the bathroom, etc.

A great way to keep see your kids

Bewertet am 16.4.2018
Conrad W.

Vorteile: I love using this because it helps m feel connected in real time with my children and their school. If I am not getting photos, I am getting reminders about upcoming needs.

Nachteile: The only complaint I have about this software is that it is sometimes difficult to scroll through the screen old photos. It also does not archive photos. So if you want to keep them, you need to screenshot them

Great parent portal!

Bewertet am 15.12.2018
Danielle P.
Director, Health Promotion
Staatsverwaltung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It’s a great app for parents to keep abreast of their kids daily happenings. It’s easy to use, easy to follow and makes saving the cute pictures from their day a breeze.

Vorteile: As a parent, this app is very user friendly. I have multiple children and the organization of each of their updates and pictures makes it so easy to check in on their day.

Nachteile: Every once in a while the app won’t update for me right away when opening; occasionally getting stuck on a different day. Typically if I close it and open it up a little while later the issue resolves itself.

Good to feel closer to my son

Bewertet am 15.5.2018
Felipe R.
Intégration TI
13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Thanks to this we can talk with our son about what he did and learned during the day, this gives us common topics to stimulate his development

Vorteile: I like that we feel closer to the teachers, we see the work and the activities they do each day, we see the photos and we have topics to ask and talk with our son

Nachteile: Navigability is difficult, going from one day to another or from one month to another is complicated, downloading photos or videos is not always possible, having some kind of feedback to the teachers is not easy.

Great Way to Keep Track of My Kids

Bewertet am 30.7.2018
Sr. Planning & Business Analyst
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Tadpoles is an excellent program that provides ongoing photos throughout the day as well a summary report so I know how my children handled their days.

Nachteile: I have used similar programs that were tied into the center's finance program as well so you could view balances but Tadpoles does not offer this in my experience.

Communicate quickly with parents from a mobile device

Bewertet am 12.7.2018
Rachel H.
Curriculum Writer

Vorteile: Easy to write a more detailed note to all parents and get it to them quickly, without the hassle of handwriting/typing notes that will most likely get lost before the parent ever sees it.

Nachteile: I can't link siblings with different last names (or at least if there is a way, it isn't intuitive or easy to find).

Pretty darn good.

Bewertet am 2.4.2018
Ted C.
Verbraucherdienste, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: smoother daily operations

Vorteile: Amount of content that can be stored for each student. I like the daily count and the historical info too.

Nachteile: Slow communication between tablets and server. Wish that new students populated faster than they do. We add new students, then there is a dupe once system catches up.

Excellent interface

Bewertet am 6.9.2018
Holly C.
Supervisor
Versorgungsunternehmen, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Great detailed overview of kid's dat. Great communication tool.

Vorteile: Easy to use, clear interface, ability to easily save pictures and video.

Nachteile: A bit laggy when opening the app. Would like to be able to send notes after my kidis checked in for the day, in case I think of something to tell the teacher after I get to work. Would be nice to have a monthly calendar function also, to see future events and menus for the whole month.

I LOVE this software. I can now keep track of what my child is doing at all times.

Bewertet am 18.1.2018
Conrad K.
Sales Representative

Kommentare: Monitoring my child's life. This is such a lifesaver and it should cost triple what it does.

Vorteile: I love this software because it gives me a live look at what my child is doing at all times. I love te pictures they send you as updates. Make my day every time.

Childcare Review

Bewertet am 13.4.2019
Marissa W.
Teacher
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We are really tackling the task of keeping the parents updated with how their children are doing throughout the day using this program.

Vorteile: I really like how the parents are able to stay connected to their children throughout the day depending on how much the childcare provider enters into the software

Nachteile: The software glitches way too often. It does not always send the information through to the parents the same day it is entered. I have been told parents receive pictures of their children on weekends when the picture was submitted to Tadpoles on Friday.

Supports + Creates a high level of family connection

Bewertet am 14.2.2018
Content Field Support Specialist
Verlagswesen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: The ease of use for both families and the childcare providers. It is a great tool in allowing teachers to quickly capture, update and share the most important information about a child's day with families.

Review From Side of Parent

Bewertet am 20.2.2019
Consultant - Information Delivery
Versicherung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Really nice software in the eyes of the parent/end user.

Vorteile: Super Easy to Use. Love getting pictures during the day and the logged reports daily.

Nachteile: Nothing that I can think of at the moment.

Tadpoles has room for improvement

Bewertet am 14.8.2018
Nurse Care Manager
Versicherung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I love that I am able to get photos/videos of my child throughout the day and that I am able to inform the center if my child will be absent, late, etc.

Nachteile: I have used similar apps that allowed me to message with the center staff in real time, however, this app does not offer that. I'm unsure if that is center-specific or not.

Tadpoles and My Child

Bewertet am 21.12.2018
Nidia G.
SLP
Bildungsmanagement, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I enjoy seeing the pictures of my child, knowing what he ate and how much of it he ate. It is easy to use and I have experienced no difficulties with it in the past 19 months since I began using it.

Nachteile: The portion where you can communicate with the teacher sometimes does not work on the app.

Amazing and very user-friendly tool for schools and families

Bewertet am 25.11.2018
Laura G.
Blogger / Influencer
Unterhaltung, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Absolutely amazing and so much better than competitors we are working with.

Vorteile: I love Tadpoles. It is so easy to use and allows parents to stay up to date with everything happening with their children during the day.

Nachteile: I would be nice to be able to leave a message for the school teachers during the day.

Is what they use in my son's daycare

Bewertet am 29.5.2018
Andrea carolina P.
Team Lead Service Operations
1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: When I receive direct notifications to the mail, I find out quickly what is going on with my kid

Vorteile: I like that it has several interesting features such as sharing photos, videos, and comments with the teachers

Nachteile: I find it confusing to navigate between the different dates, to read the reports or see the old photos

Awesome

Bewertet am 21.11.2018
Andrea P.
Bildungsmanagement, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I loved the easy of this program. Even when I no longer use it I know for a fact it is the best one I have used and wish I could have at my new company.
I used this while working for Primrose

Nachteile: There was nothing I disliked about it, it was always easy to use.

Easy to use, but a little buggy

Bewertet am 10.7.2018
Melissa P.
Digital Productivity Coach

Vorteile: I love getting updates about my daughter while she's at school, and seeing what she's done throughout the day.

Nachteile: Sometimes the pictures take a long time to load and I can't cycle through them. I end up switching to the email I received half the time to get to them faster.

Excellent tool for children updates

Bewertet am 12.8.2018
Diana H.
Bildungsmanagement, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Live time updates; able to put in the child’s information before you drop them off. Saves time during drop off as the teachers would see all the notes in Tadpoles

Nachteile: Does not store daily reports from years ago

It helps my mind rest at ease!

Bewertet am 25.7.2019
Kristen K.
Administrative Coordinator
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Love it! It makes it easy to feel connected with whats going on with my child during the day!

Vorteile: I am able to receive picture / status updates from my child's daycare teachers throughout the day. I also love that they are able to log exact sleep, eat, bathroom times.

Nachteile: Sometimes there is lag between them sending me a photo and receiving that photo.

Easy and Nice Looking

Bewertet am 10.12.2018
Club Strategy and Integration Manager
Verbraucherdienste, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I like getting regular updates about what my child is doing. You can select getting an email or a notification.

Nachteile: Some of the settings are not as easy to figure out.

Updates are amazing

Bewertet am 28.1.2019
Kelly S.
Supervisor, Operations & Event Services
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Great product, very happy with it from a parents perspective.

Vorteile: I love getting updates about my child throughout the day
End of day breakdown is amazing
Love getting photos from school
Easy way to communicate with teachers and staff

Nachteile: Wish the photos were available longer than 24 hours, but I understand the security reasons.