Über New Relic

Die New-Relic-Softwareanalyse bieten Transparenz und Einblicke in die Anwendungsleistung, das Kundenerlebnis und den Geschäftserfolg.

Erfahre mehr über New Relic

It is a well known software so everyone have heard about it and probably use it. And also there are a lot of tutorials from the website or from community.

The designers and developers are clearly bad or mediocre.

Bewertungen zu New Relic

3,9

New Relic hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,5 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 174 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du New Relic bereits verwendet?

Satish
Satish
DevOps Engineer in Indien
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

New Relic observability and monitoring tool review

5,0 vor 2 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: I have been using New Relic as monitoring tool since 1 year. It is very easy to use and monitor the services of organizations. We are monitoring near about 218 applications about our organization. It helped us to monitor all the applications.

I like New Relic Real user monitoring. Its monitoring include APM, Browser, Synthetic, Mobile, Infrastructure, etc

The least like about New Relic is its updates. It can update User interface drastically. We need some time to understand the changes.

Arjun
Arjun
Founder in USA

Seamless APM Setup and Heroku Integration

Kommentare: I went from having no APM solution to having a full-fledged monitoring system in mere minutes. New Relic's streamlined setup process and Heroku integration allowed me to start monitoring and optimizing my application's performance almost instantly. I mean, seriously, you can't beat that kind of efficiency.

Setting up New Relic for my application was a walk in the park. With just a few clicks and some configuration, I was able to get the APM goodness flowing. And the integration with Heroku? Oh boy, it couldn't have been smoother. New Relic and Heroku make a dream team, providing valuable insights into application performance without any hassle or headache.

let's talk about the UI. It's functional, no doubt, but it could use a bit of a facelift to enhance the user experience. A simpler and more intuitive interface would make navigating through the various monitoring features a joy. New Relic, take note: a clean and user-friendly UI can go a long way in keeping us users engaged and productive.

Einzelhandel, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Good Tooling

5,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: Really good technical product, but for large enterprise environments the licence model is causing problems, it's user based

Synthetic checks and alerts are very well and teams can get there information to troubleshoot their applications

- Pricing and user Licence model, every year it's changing his pricing model and usage model - Frontend Monitoring

Dylan
Dylan
Founder, Engineer in USA
Internet, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Worse each year

Kommentare: I've used New Relic for 6+ years across 3 different companies including my own. Overall they seem to be going downhill each year, sadly along with many tech companies now. Seem to be entrenched in their industry, trying to hound customers for more money each year, but simultaneously providing less value and no innovation. Meanwhile, many other companies provide many of their features with higher quality and for free. I've recently switched some things to AWS and other services because they are cheaper and more reliable.

Has monitoring specific to the programming languages and database servers that we use

Cost is extremely high compared to the value of the service being provided. Many of the features can be found on other platforms for free or cheap. The designers and developers are clearly bad or mediocre. Entire platform is wrought with bugs and decisions about UI and configuration that make no sense and do not actually help the users of the product. They have done multiple revamps of the UI, which I am actually totally fine with in general because I am happy to learn new things, but they simply have not been improvements. Just a reshuffling, often with added work required from me for no benefit, plus features that no longer work. Even lowest tier email support apparently requires paying more than $2000 per year. I was legitimately astounded when I discovered this. I already pay through the nose for this software, and when I tried to file a support request they informed me I had to post in the community. Really??? $2000 per year isn't enough to respond to one measly email support request? I give email support for free for all of my customers, even ones who don't pay, because I legitimately want to make my products as good as possible.

Yeamin
Senior DevOps Engineer in Australien
Finanzdienstleistungen, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Good Observability Tool

Kommentare: NewRelic is a market leader in providing Alerting and monitoring of business critical servers in the Cloud.

- Clearly understandable alerting and metrics rules - Alerts can be set using specific query language called NRQL - Easy integration with messaging tools like Splunk and paging tools like OpsGenie.

- Log aggregation capabilities were not very enhanced.

Leon
Managing Director in Niederlande
Computer-Software, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great tool for tracking the performance and health of our platform

Kommentare: I am using the web interface and the app multiple times a day to quickly see how the application is performing. The notifications in case of disruptions are convenient and very helpful.

It's clean and simple to setup and gives a great dashboard which helps get a quick overview of the performance of our SaaS application.

When using multiple modules on a bigger infrastructure it can get quite expensive. However we only use the basic version which gives us all the info we need.

Daniel
Daniel
Technical Lead in UK
Versicherung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

A Great Observability platform

We set up New Relic as we needed a observability platform that we could use to Troubleshoot infrastructure, view logs and use the synthetics to monitor our website's performance and availability.after going through a POC trial of using the tool we were very happy with the results and decided to do a 2 year deal with New Relic as it will help with our introduction and roll out of microservices.

Some of the UI could be improved compared to the competitors to display information. Also the synthetics editors on other sites are slightly better with the ability to record what you want the synthetic to do rather than writing all the code yourself.

Designer in USA
Design, Selbstständig

New Relic Offers Simple-to-Set-Up Server Monitoring

Kommentare: New Relic is a great product/service that is extremely powerful and easy to use. They even have iOS/Android apps to stay up-to-date on server stats while away from your desk.

I love how easy it was to get the New Relic agent installed on my Digital Ocean server. Within minutes it was piping in data to their dashboard.

Making sense of the mountain of data is challenging. It takes time and effort to figure out what all the data means and how it can be useful to your organization. It is well worth the effort though.

Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

One of the Best monitoring tool

Kommentare: It is great tool for both monitoring and alertingLogs feature is also greatWe are using the full new relic with logs, apm, etc...

Alerts and notification can be set upLog can be queried Easily with NRQL and Grok can be used to filter logsData visualisation differently (lines, pie charts, graph, area, etc...)APM is greatTransaction time has specifics suchas PHP, database, external calls which helps in identifying issuesThere's also a stack trace for code which helps in identifying problematic codeBrowser analysis is available

I have not found anything to dislike about New Relic

Ankita
Software Engineer in Indien
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

New Relic An Observability Tool

5,0 vor 3 Wochen Neu

Some services like APM, Browser Monitoring ,Alerts and AI are some services which I really like about the New Relic.

That it is costly and New Relic's documentation is not up to date.

Joseph
Senior Experience specialist in Indien
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

Best tool for APM , browser , mobile , synthetic and infrastructure monitoring

Kommentare: Amazing experience and great tool for any large enterprise to monitor their applications in one place and identify any anomaly without delay

New relic provides good KPIs 1) 4xx , 5xx and response time in application 2) CPU and memory usage in infrastructure 3) Mobile app crash and http error rate4) Browser performance metrics5) synthetic test availability

It can improve more on distributed tracing

Finanzdienstleistungen, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Performance Monitoring made easy

Kommentare: I would rate my experience with New Relic as very good. It's easy to setup and use with the exception of a little learning curve about all the corners where information is stored. I highly recommend New Relic.

The feature I enjoy the most about new relic is their individualize transaction monitoring from ruby threads to JVM processes. The Transaction/full system monitoring new relic offers can make any developer feel like a super hero with debugging/speeding up queries and processes or anything at all.

To me the UI can sometimes be a bit complicated where you can find information. The New Relic UI is mostly a single page application with multiple layers you have to click into. This is nice for some but sharing links is often not possible because of where you have to click to get to the same information.

Pieter-Jan
Software Architect in Belgien
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Peace of mind for your production environment.

Kommentare: New Relic gives us the ability to monitor both our cloud servers, backend services and frontend applications. It alerts us when resources are scarce or when the application reaches a treshold of errors. As a bonus for paid accounts, you also get the ability to trace down into the code to see if there is a specific bottleneck in your application. It even has the ability to trace the queries to databases or external services.
It's alerting system can be integrated in a variety of other tools like Slack, pagerduty, Geckoboard, ...
By using New Relic, we have regained peace of mind because we know New Relic will alert us before things start to go wrong.
If you are looking for a monitoring / alerting solution, it's definitely worth checking out!

Application traces. Transaction level monitoring and alerting. Availability monitoring. Integration in other tools (Geckoboard).

None so far.

Gaspar
Infrastructure Engineer in Argentinien
Medienproduktion, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Great server and application monitoring tool

Kommentare: We use NewRelic (integrated through Heroku) to monitor our site

The comprehensive set of unique features it has

The price, I think is kind of overkill, mostly given that there's a lot of competion out there.

Monitoring for Applications and Systems

Kommentare: We like and use New Relic, but it is no longer our only monitoring solution, as we need to use several tools to hit all of the needs that it once hit on its own.

New Relic provides great insight into what our applications are doing in real time, from traffic through to code timings.

New Relic's business model has gotten in the way of their product. Several features we used daily were sunset and their replacements were hidden behind new billing models. In the time since we have started using New Relic we have paid no less, but lost several features.

IT Director in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Too many changes, too much reliance on community support

Kommentare: I really want to like this software, but find that they are constantly giving me reasons for concern. It may do well at feature we don't use, but is cumbersome and constantly changing.

New Relic is easy to implement and has an active community.

They are constantly changing the way the software works, deprecating features for improved features. Which is good but requires constant changes. Their documentation is often out of date because of these changed. I once found an error in their documentation as part of a support case and they asked me to update their documentation. Support is slow and not the most helpful.

Unterhaltung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

New Relic Review

Perfect for staying on top of your software and monitoring everything going on with your application and code. Easy setup with AWS, alerts if ever major errors, and logs all errors to specific areas of your codebase.

User permissions were a bit of an issue for us for a little while but we ended up resolving. Setup was easy for the most part, but it still took a little more time than expected.

Computer-Software, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Great tool - big learning curve

New Relic has given our company great insight into the health of our services. We have been able to be more proactive in finding issues and resolving them before our client's notice

As a user, it is a bit tough to learn and understand. Extensive complex features make it really tough to learn and understand everything. I pretty much only have an understanding of the graphs i need to know

Mugurel
Mugurel
Web Developer in UK

New Relic is a very good product if you have the budget for it.

The strongest point of New Relic is the granularity of the information and that it's a very good fit for any Rails app.

The big issue I have with New Relic (and the one that made switch to a different provider) is that the pricing is outrageous. Unless you are with a Corporation that does not mind throwing $$$ per month on this service, the free version is barely an good.

Finanzdienstleistungen, 51–200 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Worry Free Preformance Monitoring

Offers nice clean visualizations on performance metrics. The intuitive UI makes it simple to drill down to a more detailed view of the recorded metrics.

Pity it doesn't offer network performance monitoring on routers, switches etc. It would be a great addition to hardware performance monitoring.

Yuko
Senior Software Engineer in USA

Great server monitoring software

Kommentare: Overall, New Relic One is a great server monitoring software. It's great that you can be notified when server resources are low and that you can dig into logs when issues occur.

You can configure to monitor various servers, such as SQL servers, service fabric servers, and so on. You can zoom into a certain date and time, and see if the issue occurred because there was not enough CPU or memory. You can configute to be notified when CPU/memory goes below the amount you specified via email, mobile push notifications etc.

It took me sometime to figure out if the time displayed is our timezone or the server timezone.

Computer-Software, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Profile your app in production

NewRelic makes it very easy to profile your app in production without affecting the app performance. Sometimes, some performance related issues only occur in a specific environment and it is hard to find them in development environment. With NewRelic it is not only possible to detect performance related issues but also pin point the exact location in your code that is responsible for that issue. Their other popular service is NewRelic Servers which make it easy to monitor overall server performance.

Too pricey for small teams and startups.

Navjot
Navjot
Sr. Software Engineer in Indien
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Great analytic tool for non technical

Kommentare: If you are familiar with powershell scripts you can generate reports on your own and really don't need analytic tool.

Great analytic tool if you are non-technical. They provide a fully fledged online portal to get server infrastructure details, web call details, SQL queries details.

New relic internally calls powershell scripts & sql queries to generate reports which consumes CPU on its own.

Mike
Lead Backend Engineer in USA
Computer-Software, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

NewRelic is great performance monitoring software

NewRelic has the best tools to monitor performance on applications and servers. Their query language also allows you to create beautiful sets of data.

NewRelic's price is a bit of a stretch for a start up and should only be considered for established companies. Their error monitoring also isn't that great compared to something like Sentry.

Justin
Director, Engineering in USA

World Class Monitoring

Kommentare: New Relic is one of the first products I turn to when instrumenting a new web application - the depth and breadth of insights they provide make tuning and troubleshooting so much easier than anything else I've used.