Easy to Use, Great for Small Businesses

Bewertet am 28.10.2019
Creative Director
Einzelhandel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall positive experience.

Vorteile: The platform is very intuitive and easy to use. Setting up events is quick and straightforward. Events are customizable, which is nice as we hold many kinds of events (in-person, online, etc.). We've been very happy with it - it's helped our small team manage events without complication or hassle.

Nachteile: We've only had one issue where the Facebook link was not working correctly, but the customer service team helped me rectify the problem quickly. It would be nice to add a speaker or company's LinkedIn or Instagram profiles in addition to Twitter and Facebook.

The Good and the Not So Good - Feature Rich and Affordable

Bewertet am 29.8.2017
Paul C.
CFO & Chief Paper Pusher
E-Learning, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Affordable event management application that was quick to get up and running

Vorteile: Cost - It's cheaper for events then most other solutions, Ticket Pricing - great with coupons and volume discounts, CheckIn - easy with the mobile phone applications, Check Out and Purchase - straight forward and the event pages are pretty good

Nachteile: We run 30 events or more a year. Our issue is that someone registers or purchases a ticket to an event but can't remember which one. There is no way to search all our event registrations at once, you will need to go into each event and search. This is very frustrating and time consuming. The event page looks great but adding formatted text can be a bit tricky. There were a few events where trying to get the formatting correct was awful and challenging - we just had to go with straight text only approach. When viewing all events there is no option to sort events - alphabetically, dates, etc. it would be great to be able to do this and to sort descending or ascending to find events more quickly. When an order is PENDING (meaning it hasn't been paid for online) the attendee doesn't show up in the attendees report until the order for the registration is PAID. We would prefer to have the attendee list contain a column that indicates if the ticket is paid for or not. That way the mobile registration app could alert us more quickly about payment status.

Great Event Management Software

Bewertet am 6.11.2018
Fritz R.
Sport, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have used for years for both a High School Reunion and several golf tournaments. It works well. Keeps the Management of attendees.

Vorteile: Allows you to quickly setup an event, set the Venue, Set the Tickets. Accept Payments. Notifies you of Purchases. Generally a one stop for the Event. It can handle any type of event.

Nachteile: Did not find it sooner. Would be better if you could spread payments using WEPAY instead of PayPal. It may be a feature but I have not found it. That would be a General Ticket is taken down by a 4 Ticket Purchase. I use Eventzilla for a golf tournament but I have several tickets that are for 4 golfers. We also sell singles. I would like it if I could reduce the Single Player count when a Foursome was purchased. I now do that manually.

Relatively easy to use. Your Eventzilla home page can provide you with lots of useful information!

Bewertet am 14.11.2015
Jennifer F.
Mom

Kommentare: I used Eventzilla for a 20 year Nursing School reunion. I am not a professional party planner, just a mere mortal with limited computer skills and a desire to see long-lost friends. This website was perfect for us! Attendees could easily pay with a credit card. You then have to set up an account with PayPal (or similar) to have the money deposited into that account. The Eventzilla fee was a dollar per ticket sold. The fee with Paypal was 2.9% of whatever you are charging for your "ticket" plus 30 cents. Setting up the website was fairly easy, although somewhat time consuming (as any website would be). You can get all sorts of helpful information from your home page about website traffic, aborted ticket sales, etc. If you are selling tickets to something and trying to make money doing so (not the case for me) I can see where this info would be very helpful. I did have to contact customer service one time. I was surprised that there is no phone number to call, only an email address. They did respond to my question quickly, and gave me the information I was looking for. My one complaint, is how the page looks where payment takes place. My attendees would decide how many tickets they were purchasing then click the next button. No prob. On the next page they would fill out their personal info so I would know who was purchasing the ticket, then click the next button. No prob. This next page shows a confirmation number with their name. Next to their name they are to pick a payment method (either Paypal or credit card). This payment area is not set up in a clear fashion. That, coupled with the confirmation number, meant quite a few people thought that they were good to go, but in fact, were not, because they hadn't paid! My suggestion is to NOT give a confirmation number before payment is received as well as revamp the look of the payment screen. Having said that, I would definitely use Eventzilla again. If they could fix the payment screen, they would be darn near perfect.

Eventzilla saves us money for our Non-profit

Bewertet am 4.11.2019
Kathy B.
Vice President
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I like the ease to use this program and the costs

Nachteile: I wish they had more features for tracking those who attend our events in the free package

Easy and automated

Bewertet am 23.3.2017
Cathy R.
marketing specialist
Bildungsmanagement, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We like this site for its ease of use, but would love the options to search for attendees by name and allow attendees to cancel their own registrations.

Vorteile: Free service, automated emails to participants and organizers, looks good, easy for participants to use.

Nachteile: Would like the option to search for participants by name since we host so many events. We would also like a clearer explanation to participants as to how to cancel their own registration.

von Eventzilla an 25.3.2017

Hi Cathy,

Thank you for choosing Eventzilla for your event registration needs.

1. We do have plans to improve the name search - in the coming weeks, so you can find attendees easily.

2. Attendee self-service is live now. Attendees can view and download their tickets easily.

In the near future, we are adding options using which attendees can edit or cancel their registrations - when it is enabled by event organizers.

Thanks again,
Customer Success Team @Eventzilla

The software has gotten better over time. It is not the most intuitive but it certainly gets the job

Bewertet am 5.7.2017
Denise S.

Vorteile: I am able to imbed registration linking on to my website. And it works well with PayPal. It isn't hugely expensive.

Nachteile: That the software doesn't recognize ticketing levels correctly. For example if you have a max registration of 10 and you have deposit, 1sr installment and 2nd installment registration ticket levels, the system will show sold out when 7 deposits, and 3 1st installments are made even though there are 3 spaces left. This is very annoying.

5 stars all the way...

Bewertet am 22.3.2017
Gerald U.
Unterhaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I recommend big time...
What a great service and easy to use. Further, you get your cash NOW, no need to wait at the end of the event. Customer support is awesome. Bang for the buck...

Vorteile: Everything...

Nachteile: Need french version option upon registration

von Eventzilla an 25.3.2017

Hi Gerald,

Thanks for choosing Eventzilla for your event registration needs.

Great feedback about displaying the language selection option on registration. We plan on implementing you feedback in the next release.

Thanks again.
Customer Success Team @Eventzilla

Great alternative to EventBrite

Bewertet am 20.7.2018
Kira W.
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall I like EventZilla better than EventBrite. Not only for the cost (we are an official non-profit and giving even a small % is a lot to us), but also for the number of features that we get for that cost. Additionally, adding different types of tickets is really helpful because we can accommodate certain scenarios with our students without having to manually manage different, common ticket scenarios (e.g., reduced cost).

Vorteile: I used EventBrite, but switched to EventZilla and continued to use EventZIlla because I feel the following is a better value for my money:
- Seemingly more features
- More customization of my event
- Better admin/management features of the individual events as well as the account as a whole
- Analytics on events

Nachteile: - Setting up the payment was a little bit "round about" in understanding how to do so
- Refunding/Canceling orders was confusing. The help document did not provide enough clarity.
- Inability to transfer registrations between events without refunding money.

von Eventzilla an 23.7.2018

Thanks Kira for sharing your feedback.

We are thrilled to have you on-board.

Our product management team will review the items you had mentioned on your review and add it to your continuous improvement roadmap.

Thanks again.
- Customer Success Team @Eventzilla

Easy to create events.

Bewertet am 21.3.2018
Mayowa A.
Design Engineer

Vorteile: Eventzilla makes it easy to create events and customize how I want my event page to look like.
It has a simple interface, making it easy for attendees to register for events.
I am also able to send messages to my attendees all at once.

Nachteile: I have had trouble paying for event tickets in time past on Eventzilla. Apart from the issues with payment , Eventzilla does a good job in every other area.

Versatile event registration site

Tracy F.
Senior Procurement Analyst
Staatsverwaltung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Eventzilla has been a great tool for my organization for organizing workshops, open houses, and other events.

Vorteile: I like that Eventzilla has a lot of options for my events. I can customize all of the details, as well as ticket types, registration details/questions, response emails, reminder frequency, etc. It gets me the information I need to collect data on my registrants and understand my audience better.

Nachteile: The software is a little cumbersome at times. Some of the great features are pretty hidden and you really have to look for them. The text box fields are also a little tricky sometimes - especially if you copy and paste formatted text. The text boxes allow for text editing and style options, but it is easy to get weird lingering formatting to stick and make things look funky.

A user friendly, visually friendly-ish tool that could use some updates

Bewertet am 26.4.2017
Marcellina D.
Associate Director of Programs
Forschung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We've been using Eventzilla for quarterly classes and event registrations. There are bugs in the system we don't like, but we've figured out a way around some of them to make it work for us. I took on the task of managing the tool without any training provided to me and it's been relatively easy to pick up as the site options are pretty intuitive. The tool has some limitations such as not being able to track sent messages, like when you've notified someone to complete their registration, or when you've notified someone on your waitlist that they can register. Another thing that bothers me is it will not allow us to overbook an event as the the administrator, which means if you cap your event, you have to go through a lengthy and risky process of opening registration up again to the public if you want to register someone on the back-end after your event has reached max cap or it's past the registration deadline. This is something we have to do a lot and it is time-consuming. Overall the tool is useful and pretty user-friendly, but we would like to have better email tracking and customer tracking abilities and will be exploring other options.

Vorteile: Easy to use.

Nachteile: Very little if any tracking capabilities.

Eventzilla Review - Springboro Chamber of Commerce

Carol H.
PresidEnt/CEO
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Excellent system, we have used for about 4 years.

Vorteile: Ease of use, fast response time, immediate posting, easy to clone events and copy events, edit events and use to register for our members.

Nachteile: I dislike sometimes that the system is down during the week. I understand sometimes maintenance has to be done, just wish it would be done in the evenings, or on the weekends.

It has worked wonderfully for my business.

Bewertet am 23.11.2017
Cindy H.
Owner, Mental Health Counselor
Bildungsmanagement, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: This software is excellent for our purpose. Easy to edit, delete, clone, do attendance. The mobile app is excellent. I have had no changes that I could not figure out. It is very user friendly!

Vorteile: It is so easy to modify and add to! When I have to delete and re-enter due to a typo, it is very simple to edit. Very user-friendly! Love the mobile app. It is so handy when doing attendance. I really like all of it.

Six Events Experience

Bewertet am 14.5.2019
Vincent Y.
Gastgewerbe, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Although this service will improve and has potential to be very good, I would recommend you look at other programs such as Eventbrite and take some notes from their business model. They are very efficient and work very seamless without lag. Although I like your event customizing much better than Eventbrite, the rest has been just off mark. Again, I am sure you will improve over time with feedback such as this.

Vorteile: Great promise with intuitive layout and customize able layout.

Nachteile: Reports and real time operation. When a report is ran, it should be able to be opened within a minute or less. Not be told that it will be emailed when ready. Sometimes it took a few minutes, other times, it took hours or never was emailed. Changes when customizing the event were not quick and sometimes had to wait 5 minutes or more for them to lock in, even after refreshing the cache. Payments would need to post before tickets were issued, and constant complaints from customers that would not receive their tickets and verified by us as well. Real time purchasing information was a let down as well as the app.

Eventzilla

Bewertet am 4.8.2016
Jason S.
Treasurer
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We used the software for about 1 year, as a registration method for a large convention. Overall, the software works well, but there are some flaws, especially with payment methods offered.

Vorteile: Ease of tracking total numbers of registrants. The ability to download as an excel file at the end, to manipulate into the sign-in sheets that worked best for us.

Nachteile: The payment methods offered were limited, and not customizable. Also, PayPal was the "online payment method", but PayPal has serious issues with anyone trying to use their cell phone to pay (instead of a laptop/pc). Also, if someone needed a registration modified (name changes, email changes, etc.) it was extremely time consuming and frustrating to do.

My experience with Eventzilla

Rex B.
semi-retired teacher
Bildungsmanagement, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It saved the organisers a heap of time, and we rarely had anyone registering that found the registration process difficult to use.

Vorteile: * It really simplified the process of people registering for our workshops, both for them and for us.
* When I had an issue with the software, the Eventzilla team got back to me straight away and resolved the problem.
* Our workshops had the same format, so we were able to create a new form for registering by just editing an existing form. A real time-saver.
* And because we weren't charging teachers for the workshops, it was free to use.

Nachteile: Only that one issue with the software - we were using a keyboard character in our title that caused the problem. But it was resolved quickly.

Good Alternative for event registration

Bewertet am 23.7.2018
Elizabeth A.
Staff Development Supervisor
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall it has been a useful tool. Creating events is really simple and once you have a template, editing it for future events is a snap. Eventzilla also makes check in super simple which has sped up our registration check in lines.
I do wish there was a way to do a few customizations on the tickets. We often giveaway items at our events and wish you could print things like sizing or some sort of code on each person's ticket. Its not a deal breaker by any means, would just be a nice feature.

Vorteile: Overall it is easy to use and customize. We use it for internal events that our staff attend and customizing it to our needs is pretty easy.

Nachteile: Occasionally editing is difficult. If you are creating a multiple choice option and make a mistake, its not easy to just edit the one line that has a mistake, rather you have to delete it which then changes the order of how you had things listed. This can be corrected, but its an extra step I'd rather not have to make.

A must have for events!

Bewertet am 14.5.2019
Chris P.
Business Owner
Eventservice, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Eventzilla is my go to for all my events. It has allowed me to expand my business and offer customers a quick and easy way to sign up for my events.

Vorteile: Ease of use, lots of features to match a variety of events. Easy to customize and personalize.

Nachteile: Would like some additional customization features.

Great event platform

Bewertet am 17.5.2019
Kelsey M.
Marketing Coordinator
Anwaltskanzlei, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Great platform does what I need it to do without being difficult to use.

Vorteile: This product is easy to use. Everything is in individual categories making is step by step to set up for whatever you’re trying to use this platform for.

Nachteile: I would like to see a simplified yes or no rsvp without having to be a ticket sale.

We love Eventzilla!

Bewertet am 23.8.2017
Melinda M.
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Ease of managing registration and I love that it's free. We are a non-profit so it's so appreciated that you keep the basic free!

Vorteile: I was hesitant to try a registration management site I had not heard of before, but I went ahead and did it. I've been very impressed in how great it works! It's pretty easy to use and if you can't find something, you can search the Q&A section. I've been using it a little over a year now for various events for our non-profit and I love the fact they keep the costs low, and even free for the general system. We will continue to use and promote Eventzilla whenever possible!

Nachteile: Honestly, I can't think of any. I've noticed it has a tendency to remove my cover photo at times and rearrange my custom questions. But those are just little quirks that are easy to work around. Just double check everything before publishing the event!

Easy To Use

Bewertet am 28.10.2019
Matthew B.
Events, Communications and Technologies Manager
Einzelhandel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Definitely useful to help organize your next event.

Vorteile: Super user friendly and you are able to track all components of your event in one app. Plus, having the convenience of paying through the software for your event tickets is helpful.

Nachteile: I think better integration with social media.

Big Ticket Platform For Any Size Event

Bewertet am 21.12.2018
Edgar R.
Consultor en comunicación y tecnologías de información
Darstellende Künste, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We run many cultural events and performances, all free of charge. So we needed a professional solution for ticket handling that solves many logistic issues, starting with ticket sale windows, personel, ticket printing and event entrance control. With Eventzilla we solved all these issues and many more. Social marketing gets boosted on the fly and post event CRM is pretty cool and helpful also.

Vorteile: Everything! It's really easy to set up and to customize your event tickets. Plus the fact that you can do check-ins with a barcode scanner or your mobile phone gives your attendees a much better impression of your events. Social media promotion is a great plus, but getting feedback from your attendees with customizable surveys gives Eventzilla a big plus over other ticket software.

Nachteile: No sitting map configuration yet. Other than that, everything is great.

Mixed reviews

Bewertet am 11.5.2017
Cathy B.
Administrative Assistant
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Reduces some of my workload but then again it also increases my workload in other areas (tracking/maintaining details)

Vorteile: Organizes registrations in one location, and forces the individuals to register themselves. (I don't have to take phone calls/emails to register individuals into a spreadsheet and use a different system to collect payment.)

Nachteile: Wish comments could be updated after submitted into the system. Example: for individuals wishing to pay by check, I invoice them so their status changes from pending to confirmed so I have an accurate count for attendance to a training session/luncheon, etc. Also, clients are having difficulty paying by credit card - some don't want to use paypal but there is a button that allows them to click - this then puts their registration into an incomplete status. I have to then follow up with them to collect payment. Very frustrating. Customer service is also very poor in that - I have to email and wait over 24 hours or schedule a time for a call back (which often when I need help it's NOW!) I also can't get other registered administrators to be able to log in on their own accounts. They all use my log-in and password. :(

Eventzilla is the BEST on the Marketing

Bewertet am 18.6.2019
Carla H.
Director Marketing and Sales Support

Kommentare: Excellent

Vorteile: Eventzilla is extremely easy to use and easy to customize.
The registration reports are robust.
This is my favorite tool on the market.
Much better than eventbrite

Nachteile: Wish we could print custom name badges and have a digital check-in app from Eventzilla.
QR codes would be helpful as well.