Filtern nach:

Über Microsoft SharePoint

Anwendungen und Desktopfreigabe und -ansicht, Anmerkungstools, Instant Messaging, Webfolien und Whiteboards.

Erfahre mehr über Microsoft SharePoint

Zeigt 3.437 Bewertungen

Nick D.
Nick D.
Systems Engineer in Kanada
Industrieautomation, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Company file sharing gets projects moving quickly

Being able to share and collaborate with anyone internally to our company plus the ability to send files outside of the organization is extremely useful.

Share functions can be a bit cumbersome, especially when sending outside of the organization and sometime security settings block common sense capabilities

Andrea L.
Andrea L.
Process Engineer in Chile
Telekommunikation, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Collaboration, backup and automation

4 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: Sharepoint has allowed me to be more efficient in different ways, with many of its functionalities, I generally hope that one of them will allow me to make a process more collaborative, controlled and at the same time automated.
Currently the entire organization has access to use the software, in the same way the introduction and migration to Sharepoint from local servers has been gradual, mostly due to people's resistance to something new and unknown. In my department specifically, has been a greater acceptance, integration and discovery by constant learning by some team members who are not exploiting all the advantages of the software yet.

Permission management: This is super relevant and wonderful for controlling what your audience can see and do, for example, when you need someone to constantly see changes to a "living document" but not have the ability to intervene in the process. Contact groups: I find it super good since not necessarily the site administrators are the only ones who can manage the group, you can make any member of the group can manage the rest of the members without this being involved in other site settings . Also when granting permissions, distributing documents, announcements, tasks, it is very easy to do it by group of contacts than one by one. Version history: We know that we are exposed to errors and accidents, so having the previous versions of a document, being able to see who has modified and having the possibility of restoring any of those versions can save the day. I always feel that I am protected and that is why I always promote working in the cloud.

Please provide some detailed examples of areas where MS SharePoint has room for improvement. These could be features that are hard to use, missing functionality, or just things that you'd like to see done differently. Modern view / classic view: I really appreciate the minimalist change that has been made with many of the menus in the latest versions of sharepoint, but most of the time it complicates me and generates many more clicks (much more time) wanting to do one This action can be done by changing to the classic view from the ribbon, for example, managing permissions for a site, being able to manage sharepoint groups. A little more advanced configurations, without becoming complex that depend a lot on the IT department. Descriptions of some options or settings can become confusing, complicated and you simply are not able to know if it is what you are looking for or not, the language to the user is sometimes understood only through trial and error.

Test Specialist in USA
Bankwesen, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Excellent business collaborative document management platform

5 vor 3 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: Our project is using Microsoft SharePoint for long years (and my previous project in earlier organization too!) and felt comfortable using this product which includes file versioning, sharing across teams, calendar/task sharing, review documents online, integration with multiple Microsoft products like Microsoft 365, Microsoft teams, Microsoft PowerBI, Microsoft Project for project management, Microsoft Visio for designers, Microsoft OneNote that enhances the data security with protected encryption via 2-factor authentication methods. Also our team made different customization on share point server which comprises visual effects of colors, fonts, graphic modes, Power automate workflow modes (that saved major cost to our project). We used Microsoft One drive, Microsoft Teams to share project documents in effective manner.

Flexible to use across any user or large group in the organization, specially in company intranet environment. It allows social networking as well to collaborate across different user groups like developers, designers, business analysts. According to business needs, it can be customized to view the specific content in the design. In terms of project management, it allows to share user calendars, multiple task notes and project trackers. Consolidation of internet and intranet collaboration of sites make the business users easy to use. SharePoint server allows programmers to develop API jobs to automate the day to day business functionalities that reduces the cost to entire organization. Centralized administration allows hassle free system settings, easy work flow navigation settings, effective back up and restoration of data incase of data corruption or manual deletion of data by mistake. The user productivity will get increased through real time collaboration that includes document versioning that avoids duplicate files, cloud support, document notification for managing different file system types.

The ROI is pretty average compared with other document management products in the market. Not available to preview the document files. The URL keeps with folder names so it annoys when user has long file folder/file names on it. Training aid is mandatorily needed to do more administration settings.

Connie H.
Director of Marketing Resources Support in USA
Staatsverwaltung, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Works well for the right environment

Kommentare: I know some larger companies rely heavily on Sharepoint, but they can afford to have high-level IT programmers and developers to manage a Sharepoint farm. Our migration from 2007-2010 cost us 5 years ago and in spite of getting some hands-on guidance to redesign some of the data entry forms/types to suit our needs, I wasn't able to pick this application up and run with it like I can with others. Infopath was supposed to help w/the forms, but then I saw MS was dropping it in more recent editions. We got Sharepoint as part of our O365 upgrade, but in trying to set it up as just a collaboration repository/staff intranet site, I realized I was going to have to make a significant investment of time and found support from our O365 provider and our IT managed services provider VERY lacking. We already moved on to another application for managing work orders and projects, so I think there's a much simpler "Intranet" tool out there that will be much easier, cost-effective, and flexible for us to manage for the limited needs we have for it now.

Part of the Office platform and integrates with other MS apps. Offers somewhat simple setup to build a collaborative space.

Requires a specialized and expensive vendor to truly manage and ensure security of the environment. We used it for work orders between departments, but alerting was not ideal -- duplicate alerts triggered by setting alerts to fire under different circumstances. We've used SP since about 2007 and I've built lists and integrated it with a database and a couple of 3rd party applications built to work with it. I'm pretty much self-taught in all network and user applications (Windows server/AD, Exchange, and MS power user), but I struggled with trying to set up custom forms and found some of the lists inflexible. For example, my HR "portal" had to be set up as separate lists based on what Sharepoint would allow -- one that allowed me to upload documents, another to manage URL/links to external sites.

Esteban D.
eCom Manager in Mexiko
Groߟhandel, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Good: Many integrated tools within Microsoft package. BAD: They're not the best in their field

Kommentare: Mainly the document management and sharing

When you have the whole package, its easy to connect the workflows and to align the way of working, collaborative documents on the cloud help a lot to be more efficient

Microsoft had integrated many tools into their package, trying to "close the circle" and having all the tools you need intercommunicated. The problem is, they're not the best in their field. ex. Microsoft Planner is a good tool and is already connected to Teams and Outlook, but lacks a lot of features that even free tools like Trello or Asana, have.

Mupo M.
IT in Sambia
Computer-Vernetzung, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Corporate File Sharing System

Kommentare: My experience with SharePoint has been positive as it allows for the central storage of all business-related documents and permissions. It removes the need for duplicate emails with huge files. Alternatively, we easily upload files and swap a SharePoint link, which we can all use at the same time. The user interface is fantastic but requires training for beginners. Overall, getting it is a smart thing because it helps with tracking.

SharePoint is an excellent tool, but due to a large number of features, it can easily be overlooked by those new to the app. The thing I loved about SharePoint is that you can easily upload documents, and search the documents. This made it easier for users to upload files easily and share a link to the file. Using this platform allowed quick access to files from any location, which was previously not possible due to files being stored on a local server.

I had difficulties setting up local use/offline SharePoint, which proved to be a concern, but the online version works well. Another problem I discovered with the program is that it becomes difficult to trace files as many people upload them.

Sandeep T.
Sandeep T.
Student in Nepal
Tierarzt, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Sharepoint : Where Shared things can be better viewed

Kommentare: I got to have good study materials due to Microsoft SharePoint and this also was easy to use.

This software helped me during my lockdown as we had to attain online class. As I was not used to online classes I had to hard times understanding the subject matter but then the sharepoint changed everything as the class recorded videos were available there. Thanks to Microsoft SharePoint. Not only the recorded videos it also enabled me to access the shared word files or pdf, it made me feel that I was a in separate dimension which ultimately made my online class fruitful during the pandemic.

The demerits that I felt was in the shared videos. The download crashes often in laptops but is A grade in Smart Phones. There is no any function to skip few seconds just like the function that you tube applies which makes difficulty to forward and backward the video to pinpoint the particular topic. Other shared data don't have any things to brag as they are all good.

Robert R.
Robert R.
Systems Administrator in Kanada
Einzelhandel, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Small Business Sys Admin - Sharepoint

Since Sharepoint online is being provided with my O365 licensing the cost is irrelevant making it an easy first choice but in addition the O365 integration means AD user management is equally appealing.

Transitioning users to leverage sharepoint is probably my biggest difficulty right now. I feel that users are unfamiliar with Sharepoint enough that a video demonstrating the transition from traditional / non-microsoft platforms to the use of Sharepoint would be helpful. I have yet to find a video that satisfies that.

Akinyemi O.
Preaching in Nigeria
Bürgerliche & soziale Einrichtungen, Selbstständig

Advantages of using powerpoint

Kommentare: Biblical and school base presentation

Uploading integrated files from creative media like Correl draw and Photoshop

1. Number of creative template are limited 2. Creative tools should be improved on

Imi C.
Imi C.
CIO in Grenada
Staatsverwaltung, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

I use SharePoint for everything

Kommentare: Shapepoint is a platform that is is growing for content management services and offers a high amount of value today for any adopter.
The experience is quite positive as users who gets trained once to use a SharePoint site are ready to use any other site due to the standard uniformity that is baked into the application.
Once you have office 365, you should try to built your next enterprise internal focus app in sharepoint.

SharePoint is like a flat table top that is empty at first but you can use it to create all sorts of database and data storage application for you small to mid size organization without the heavy lifting and IT capital expense. Apps can be designed and developed for internal organizational staff use in days. Apps can be modified with low or no code experience. Organizational users, after using the SharePoint tool can transfer their practice on any other SharePoint site/app, this helps with institutional strengthening where the framework is one standard platform that can be used to fit most or all internal system. SharePoint is at least secured as much as O356 can be. I use SharePoint online only these days. I must say that sharepoint list are greatest tool every but you have to get a forms designer to make them very exciting and function especially when you are considering to build a full system.

It a growing platform. Today, I think that Microsoft need to include an easy to use SharePoint forms design tool with the product. Customization of forms with PowerAPP is not suitable today, too much work to get just little activities and task. There needs to be an infopath replacement that is easy to use. Sharepoints at this time of wring sucks from a design and layout perspective. If you looking for functionalities, Sharepoint got you back, if you want to have the best modern UI then you will not like SharePoint.

Consultant in USA
Pharmazeutika, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Exceptional Platform for Team Collaboration and Content Storage

Kommentare: My overall experience with SharePoint has been great, as I have been able to realize numerous benefits including, but not limited to, the ability to work with teammates on numerous assignments in real-time, the ability to store files of various formats on the platform, and the ability to share the aforementioned files directly from the platform via email with ease. Overall, I offer high praise for this service and would undoubtedly recommend others to give it a try as well as it is well worth it.

What I like most about this software is the fact that it allows for real-time collaboration on a number of Microsoft Office products on any web browser as long as you are connected to the internet. I find the amount of tools and resources offered by SharePoint to be very vast, even more so than some of its competitors, which on some occasions charge more for their services than does SharePoint. I also like the fact that documents can be worked on and accessed on virtually any device, whether it be a smartphone, tablet, laptop, or desktop. This allows for everyone on a team to participate on projects or assignments regardless of their device or operating system preferences.

What I like least about this software has nothing to do with the features or functionalities associated with SharePoint, which I find to be great, but rather has to do with its relatively lackluster appeal to the general public, which seems to be somewhat attracted more to its competitors. As a result, when new members join SharePoint, I have noticed that it takes them a decent amount of time to become acquainted with the service, which might take time away from focusing all attention towards the actual assignments that need to be worked on and completed. Depending on the workload of a company, this may or may not be a bit deal, but in the case that it is, some compromises might need to be made on deadlines for certain projects/assignments to make some extra time for getting used to SharePoint.

Finance in Dänemark
Möbel, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Great at organizing user inputs through lists. API has room for improvement.

The fact that everything is a list (from files, calendars, list items, todo...etc.) allows you to basically create lightweight applications with custom fields in a matter of hours. You can replace microsoft project with a simple list with custom fields and on top of that you will have way more advanced functions such as customizing the forms and making it feel like a real app.

The UI feels like a half-baked solution. Many of the interfaces are stuck in the old sharepoint experience while many others are taking advantage of the new UI (which sometimes lacks functionality from the old one). On top of that the Graph API for list is not complete, new connectors for PowerBI for example cannot read items that are under folders and only explore the top level. There are workarounds but will involve launching in parallel light tech to cover for these gaps, in my case Azure pipelines and logic apps.

Executive Pastor - Creative Arts in Kanada
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

It's the standard, but...

Kommentare: Upload speeds can be slow, but we've managed to use Sharepoint folders as helpful places to store, transfer, and collaborate on files. Some team members miss the simplicity of dropbox or google drive, but we're managing with Sharepoint.

The 365 suite is the standard for many organization with cloud based team work, and it does allow for this in some ways that weren't around a decade ago. It works - you can share files between team members, and that's the key thing.

It's not as intuitive as it should be. Maybe I'm too used to other ecosystems, but I find that Microsoft products have too many ways to get to the same common places, and then convoluted ways to get to specific places. In my use and rollout of it, almost every meeting has a few minutes of "where is that file again?" or "Oh, I thought I put it in the main folder, but it must be over here somewhere...". We can usually get it to work, but it's not a seamless experience, and it's Sharepoint feels less like a great tool to use and more like a necessary evil if you're in the 365 world.

Daniel W.
Strategic Partnerships Manager in Australien
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Microsoft Sharepoint: The Ultimate Sharing software

Kommentare: Overall, I think that most companies can benefit from Sharepoint, especially if they already use Microsoft software which is highly likely. It streamlines everyone’s workflows and allows smooth collaboration between team members. It creates a space for enterprise document storage and communication.

In my opinion, Microsoft Sharepoint is one of the ways Microsoft proves that it is a step ahead of other software companies. Microsoft Sharepoint is a powerful but versatile combination of document, workflow, team and collaboration management softwares, which is an incredible asset for any company. There are many things that Sharepoint does right. The user interface has just the right of complexity to include many features while still being rather easy to learn. There are also industry leading features like the ability to share very large files with everyone, which really makes life a lot easier. The file upload/download times are also comparatively shorter than other softwares which I love. There are also team management features like adding people to a project and giving them permissions and roles, etc. Obviously as this is a Microsoft app, this integrates with all other Microsoft software smoothly and effortlessly, which is nice.

Sharepoint is really hard to set up at first, especially if you are storing files locally and will require someone experienced to fully set up. The price is also quite high per user, but this is completely worth it in my opinion. It also takes a while to realise the full potential of Sharepoint as there are a few features that are hard to find.

Chirag S.
CITO in USA
Versicherung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Great collaboration with SharePoint; don't go overboard

Kommentare: Since we were strict with our permissions and governance, we had the fortune of having a clean environment. In my past jobs, SharePoint was free for all and it used to be an absolutely disaster. Based on those learnings, we have chosen to use SharePoint only for collaboration. Anything more complex than taking notes, sharing documents, versioning and Visio is moved out of SharePoint. In the first year of use, people became comfortable with our limited and right-sized use of SharePoint. That's our sweet spot and we enjoy SharePoint for collaboration.

I love that SharePoint makes collaboration easy. We used to take notes on pen and paper and reconcile our thoughts via emails. Now, we whip up OneNote online and write our notes before the meeting, discuss our thoughts in the meeting and write take-aways in OneNote. Decisioning has become really easy. We also share news across the company using SharePoint. That has worked very well.

Workflows and debugging is not the best in SharePoint. We have been bit by gotchas in workflows. They were had to debug. We just gave up on workflows in SharePoint and switched to doing those activities in a different manner.

Patric S.
Software Engineer in Schweiz

Document Management and more

4 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: We use it as our intranet, to share information about projects, tasks, opporunities or rather static content to display information about various departments.
We have a lot of customers who use it mainly as a document management system or also as a intranet solution. Especially the SharePoint Online version is very easy to adapt and has great integration with Microsoft 365.

Offers a ton of features, you don't have to use all of them but they are there if you need them. It can be used for document management (DMS) or even CMS for intranet purposes. It has a powerful search engine, you can manage complex permission scenarios, there is also the possibility to manage records, litigation holds, taxonomies, and more and more. With the new modern UI users can also even more simply edit pages, place web parts on them to display different content like, text, images, videos, news feeds, document libraries, lists etc. If you don't go the on-premise but the SharePoint Online route, you can save yourself the hassle of installing it on your own and have a very easy access to a powerful tool for collaboration or to simply display information.

Has some kind of a learning courve. Can be complex, especially if you want to take it to the next level and start to customize it. On-premise version is rather expensive and needs an IT professional to set up and also it should run on multiple servers and also MSSQL which adds to the license cost.

Sameer C.
Sameer C.
Associate Solution Advisor in Indien
Computer-Software, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

SharePoint- The best file sharing tool by Microsoft.

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: My overall experience with the software has been really amazing till now. Intially, it took some time for me to understand the interface since it is a bit complex but once I got a hack of it, I can now say that this software is really helping me work seamlessly and saving a lot of my time during my day to day files sharing with my clients.

Microsoft SharePoint is one of the top file sharing platforms right now. The primary reason why this software is my personal favourite is that it has the capacity to share very heavy files ( I have tried till 400MB) with our clients. This exclusive feature is not supported by most of the other platform as there is always a size cap till which one can share a file with the client. Also, the file upload time is very less onto share file as compared to other applications available in the market.Last but not the least, the best feature that I like about this software is that it can add n number of people in a specific project within sharepoint.

There are very less cons about this software product. However, if we still want to mention, I would like to mention that the when we click on the sharepoint , it takes quite a lot of time for the home page to load/ be visible. this is time is very large as compared to other file sharing products that are available in the market since their URL's come up very fastly on to the home screen. Last but not the least, I would also like to mention that the Sharepoint's interface is a bit confusing, it takes some days to understand how things are working on this software which is not the case with other softwares.

Karla G.
owner in USA
Buchhaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Sharepoint is very robust but more than many small businesses need

4 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: I currently use it to archive old client data. I have found One Drive to be easier for me work with for current files.

I like Sharepoint for being a secure location to have all your documents in one place in the cloud. And I like the ability to share documents via a link with both team members and outside parties. I like the ability to use metadata tags to facilitate searching for documents.

I find it hard to set up and did not find it to be very user friendly. It is not easy to get assistance or guidance as to the best approach in the setup. We were told by our consultant NOT to use a folder structure, but a Microsoft employee told me that was not good current advice.

Brandon G.
Product Manager in USA
Unterhaltungselektronik, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Good Functionality, but Ease of Use Is a Drawback

Kommentare: Considering both the positives and negatives, I think Sharepoint is a fairly decent tool for what it offers. We went from using exclusively Google's products to Sharepoint, but I still find myself going back to Google Drive, etc. for a good portion of my work. It's not that Sharepoint is explicitly bad by any means--in fact, there are a few things that it does really well. It's just that given the choice between Google's suite and Sharepoint, I find Google's easier to use and less "packed". Using Sharepoint is like shopping for cereal with 50 different choices, whereas using Google is like shopping for cereal with only 5 different choices. It might seem great to have 50 choices on the surface, but you soon find yourself in the middle of the aisle unable to make a decision because of the myriad of potential choices you could make. I'd like to again stress that Sharepoint is not a bad tool. It's just ok. If you're currently using Google's suite of products and are happy with it, I don't see any point in switching to Sharepoint. If you're looking for a wider variety of features than Google's suite, Sharepoint would be a great choice.

I like the ability to quickly share, access, and retrieve documents that my team and I use on a weekly basis. It's nice having one place where everything is stored, and that I don't have to go to multiple storage locations to get what I need. The versatility of Sharepoint is also a bright spot. I can upload just about anything, and the storage structure is intuitive enough that I can find pretty much anything I need without a direct link to the file or folder.

The UI can be confusing at times. It was confusing at first on how to navigate back to top level folders or storage locations after diving a few levels deep, and figuring out how to access the file options (delete, share, etc.) wasn't clear on the first use. I had to click around a bit in order to find what I needed. Another point on the UI is that while it seems to have gotten a makeover in recent months, there are still holdovers from a time where it seemed that "sleek and modern" was not the order of the day--I'm specifically referring to the Permissions and Access Requests screen that I had to use in order to allow people from other parts of the company access to my team's documentation and files. It can also be somewhat "clunky" and slow when processing requests, but I'm not sure if that is a function of the software itself, it's cloud-based nature, or just my company's internet acting up again. The amount of "fluff" in the feature-set I've come across is substantial. It's nice to have the versatility provided, but I think where Google's suite of products really shines is that it gives you exactly what you need, and no more. With Sharepoint, it seems like there are a multitude of features that are available but won't actively be used. For example, the homepage customization is robust, but if no one is going to use it past a basic level, what's the point of having all the extra tools? It only confuses users and adds to a subtle sense of overwhelm when using the product

David Y.
David Y.
Editorial Manager and Designer in USA
Verlagswesen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

SharePoint and File Storage

Kommentare: My overall experience with SharePoint has been positive across the many years I've used it. One of the best features I learned about in recent years was the ability to map SharePoint to a drive on your computer. This has really helped in terms of uploading and downloading multiple files simultaneously. If you plan to use SharePoint, I highly recommend looking into this feature as it will save you a ton of time and enable you faster access to your files versus accessing them from a browser window. Mapping is extremely easy and, in my experience, invaluable. You will also find that you can post graphics on your SharePoint pages. We frequently post "work anniversary" or "birthday wishes" for our team. Lastly, the calendar is extremely helpful as you can block out vacations, conferences, and other events, and know, at a glance, what's happening each day without having to search through Outlook or other resources.

I've used SharePoint for over a decade. Long before "the cloud" was the tech buzz word, SharePoint was providing users with web-based storage access, and it still does. There are many things to like about SharePoint. First and foremost, it functions much like a web site. Users can easily navigate to their SharePoint home page and set up additional pages, upload and download files, add calendars and calendar events, and much more. SharePoint also creates archives of all files, so if you revise a file and then later need to see an earlier version of that file, you can use SharePoint's versioning functionality to do this. It's a great utility for storing files of all sorts that others on your team need to use. Uploading and downloading files couldn't be easier. We created different landing pages based on our company's needs. For example, we have a Marketing page to store our collateral, a Content page for manuscripts and legal documents, and an HR page for human resources-related materials.

It can take users a bit of time to understand the unique functionality of SharePoint. However, if you navigate around the toolbars you should find what you are looking for. In terms of design, SharePoint is relatively basic, so users looking for something with a bit more visual flash might be disappointed. Though if you are mainly looking for a reliable place to manage countless files, SharePoint is probably right for you.

Bobby S.
Business Systems Analyst in USA
Verbraucherdienste, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Bobby's Sharepoint Review

Kommentare: It's great that most big companies use Sharepoint as well. We have been able to use Sharepoint with multiple companies with integrating new softwares and products. It has definitely been the best product for working with teams inside and outside of the company.

This software is perfect for sharing files throughout the company, especially one like ours that covers multiple states. With Sharepoint, we can work on things as a team without having to be on a call with one another.

It took a little bit to get setup and to train everyone how to use it, but once everyone grasped the concept, it hasn't been too bad.

Evan S.
IT Business Analyst in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Daily user and administrator,

Kommentare: We use SharePoint primarily as version control for documentation and also for request tracking via a SharePoint list. It is an adequate solution for these needs but leaves some things to be desired.

Convenient way to share files in and outside of your organization. It is truly loaded with good features; whether or not your instance will be capable of utilizing them all is another question (see cons).

Occasional integration issues with Microsoft's other apps such as OneNote. I had the hardest time moving a OneNote from one SharePoint to another and wound up having to do so one page at a time. SharePoint lists are our only recourse within my company for external user request tracking, and they are clunky at best. Users do not like the front-end form no matter how much tinkering we do in the provided form design tools SharePoint Design and Infopath. Poor visibility of who has access to what. The permissions hierarchy and inheritance is just not clear, and clean-up of any SharePoint you take ownership of will be a hassle. Many useful and seemingly rudimentary tasks are made difficult by integration issues with our corporate network, however this could have as much to do with our excessive security protocols than SharePoint. As such, I have not considered it in this review's score but gone ahead and included this complaint as a point of reference for anyone considering adopting SharePoint at their company. If your company's infrastructure and security model is already difficult to navigate, then it is unlikely you'll be able to take full advantage of what SharePoint has to offer without a very talented implementation team.

Quality Assurance and Enhancement Officer in UK
Hochschulbildung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Share and SharePoint alike

Kommentare: As mentioned briefly above, my most recent experience with SharePoint is using lists. This particular list (with a workflow to assign tasks) replaces an Excel spreadsheet of the same information. Using a SharePoint list instead, complete with different views and user alerts, allows relevant people access to the information they need in the right format, without having to duplicate work, send email updates, etc. While SharePoint can be frustrating, it seems evident from the updates that there is a move towards more intuitive use.

The recent updates to SharePoint have come a long way in making it more intuitive to use, and providing a better looking user interface. The management of the 'apps' (e.g. document libraries, lists, promoted links) has become much easier of late. It would be useful to see more information added to the apps descriptions, to help users determine which best suits their needs, without having to navigate to the Office help pages and/or third party sites. The best feature for my current use is the ability to create different views of a list, and initiate workflows to assign list items as Tasks for certain users, thereby automating the sharing of the distribution of workload.

Some parts of SharePoint's functionality can be baffling - without formal training, it can be very difficult to work out how best to utilise SharePoint's features. When SharePoint is used across a large institution, without consistent training differing practices across different teams can make collaboration hard, as Sites/Pages/Libraries have been set up to function so differently. Inheriting a SharePoint site set up by someone else is tricky, as the logic they used to manage the site can be hard to decipher. Permissions can be hard to manage, particularly as its rarely clear to the requester to whom their requests for access are being sent. This can be frustrating, as it can contradict the 'Share' aspect of SharePoint.

Shikha V.
HR Manager in Indien
Personalbeschaffung & -besetzung, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Proficient tool for storing and sharing the documents

Kommentare: My overall experience with Microsoft has been good so far. I am sure there is still so much to learn about this application and I am still discovering new things occasionally. It is suitable if you are looking to create a cloud-based repository of documents and it works efficiently if the IT support team of your company set it up perfectly and they keep updating it steadily.

SharePoint is the cloud-based tool, which facilitates the storage, sharing, accessing, and managing the files from any location/device using centralized location link. It is a flexible platform and can be implemented and managed in the way you like it. We have been using this software in our company for almost 3 years now and it is extremely compatible with our needs. It helps in creating a common repository of documents, which can be accessed by multiple users/devices. It works well within groups where the permission to access, edit is given by the primary user. It is one of the best software to manage the confidential information in a controlled and restrictive way. There is an option to chat within the group as well. All files can be added to library by simple step of drag and drop. It has abundant features to choose from and you can tailor them as per your business needs. Since it is cloud based, it provides inter and intra-departmental cooperation creating a perfect collaborative environment for a small organization.

One has to be experienced with Microsoft products in order to run this smoothly else, it could be little complicated to learn in the initiate phase. Secondly, it could be expensive than the other products in the market however it provides good features but if you are looking for economical solution, you should research more before buying this. If someone authorized edits something in a document, it becomes difficult to locate where the correction has been made. Though it shows the real-time notification I someone is editing but if you try to locate for the past corrections, it is not easy to find out.

Mandeep J.
Mandeep J.
Associate Project Manager in Indien
Computer-Software, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

SharePoint is the best web based intranet software to streamline the management of the data and info

Kommentare: I have been using this software for information sharing and accessing within my organisation and I can say it's one of the best online web-based tool for sharing record and information and that too very securely. Definitely one of the best software for intranet web based information sharing.

Microsoft SharePoint is the best software for sharing of documentation and information witin an organization. This software given best control to the owners to enable controlled and restricted access to the information for the targetted users. This helps users to access the information remotely from any location using centralized location link using web browser hence the companies can place the data securely at a centralized location even with password protection and let their employees to access the information virtually from any location using the link or url to access the information. Users can also edit or create new information on the portal using certain credentials provided as per the organizational chart. This also helps companies to distribute the important bulletin without being any need to distribute that locally to the employees. It's one of the best software for such controlled and restricted access to the information and valuable data.

Though it is very effective tool for management of information Sharing within an organization but it require some experience to set the checkpoints to enable the restricted access to the information to a certain group of peoples such as password protection, applying some read only checks and other restrictions that can be implemented.