Great add to GP

Bewertet am 12.8.2019
Jennifer S.
Groߟhandel, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Its a great product without great support on the back end. If you do not have an inside computer techie/software editing person I wouldn't not recommend this product to a new user. SalesPad expects the user to just know how to use, edit and manipulate the data. SalesPad provide a few You Tube videos and updates in newsletters with the expectation the end user to just fully understand and implement. Their technical customer service support leaves a lot to be desired.

Vorteile: The ease of functionality of working SalesPad in real time and the data pulled from GP is accurate. Sales department likes the ease of putting in an order and search/look up options.

Nachteile: Customer service is challenged. They have a good product but, then to fully support it SalesPad have mostly fluff for customer service. You have a front person who has little to no knowledge as to how to solve the issues submitted. He/she then has to escalate an issue up the chain of commands until someone deeper inside SalesPad can figure it out. But, those individuals don't step forward to solve it - they feed the info back down the latter of command. And back and forth the project goes for every little step that doesn't fully work. It's time consuming, very repetitive and all on the users dime.

von SalesPad an 14.8.2019

Thanks for your feedback on our support team, we take these comments very seriously. We've seen the need to get responses back to customers faster, and have since added a support engineer to the team. This engineer is an experienced program developer who formerly managed our product development department. We've already seen this change transform resolution times drastically, and we expect this trend to continue. Often, this support engineer is actively troubleshooting with a support representative while you're on a call. For issues that require a deeper level of development work, we'll be sure to stay on top of these situations and communicate with you in a proactive manner. The sole reason SalesPad exists is to help your business succeed, and we want to do that any way we can.

A solid front-end tool for companies using Dynamics GP

Bewertet am 26.7.2019
J. power H.
Vice President of Operations
Medizinische Geräte, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We use SalesPad as our primary interface for our Customer Service department, order entering, and on-the-fly sales and inventory analysis. We have made numerous customizations to aid our business processes, and SalesPad support (along with healthy support from our VAR) has made this pretty easy and inexpensive. We have rarely had issues that caused work-stoppages or other serious reductions in workflow. Rather, I would say the SalesPad interface has been a boon to increasing productivity and reducing errors.

Vorteile: Much easier interface than the default GP one. License costs are half what a GP seat takes, which is an added plus. SalesPad windows are based around grids that are easily editable and export straight to Excel format. Excellent high-end features like item restrictions, complex pricing down to address card and/or item levels, automated item and customer notes, workflows, etc. Solid CRM functionality for Customer Service and Accounts Receivable activities. Unlimited user-defined fields fixes a long-term issue with the GP ERP.

Nachteile: SalesPad tries to be THE primary interface for GP users. By taking on such a large task, there are certain things it does excellently, and others it does, well, less so. For example, it's inventory analysis is fantastic for items that you SELL. But since it draws this analysis solely from the sales history, components for finished products end up with no analysis regarding usage. It's salesperson level CRM is substantially slower than that provided for Customer Service and AR, and seems frankly to be an afterthought. We've also found its CRM to be poorly-suited for tracking sales leads and opportunities.

Perspective of SalesPad

Andy M.
IT Administrator
Lebensmittelproduktion, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I like how we can customize and script aspects of the software to fit our needs. We have done a significant amount of customizations and rely heavily on the workflow and smartprinting, as well. These features make it possible for us to function the way we do between our production facility and our distribution center. I also like the depth of the software in regards to features and overall functionality for our various departments.

Nachteile: I wish there was a way we could get users completely into SalesPad and not have to jump to GP for certain steps, I know this is difficult-to-impossible to do but it would be a dream come true if it ever happened. Beyond that, outside of miscellaneous bugs we've come across from time-to-time, nothing major that I dislike. On a side note, it would be nice if there was a security setup wizard or something to help streamline the process of creating a new security group for users. There are a LOT of options in security and it is easy to miss a single checkbox that makes the difference between working and not working. Once again, a luxury more than a major pitfall.

GL/Sales Pad Application Support III

Marie B.
Application Support III
Einzelhandel, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: solving the ease of order entry for the sales reps and customizing using workflows and scripts to hlep the user make fewer mistakes, is great. The support team is fablous and always respond in a timely manner and help out whenever we enter a ticket. If the first level of support can't resolve the issue, they immediately bring in the second line of support so the issue is generally resolved qucikly.

Vorteile: Saels Pad is great to see everything about the order with one click on the document search. Sales Monitor is another great view of orders, that are in different batches. It's user friendly and we can do alot of customization with workflows and what I like the best is that is sits on top of Great Plains, so there is no 3rd party application talking back and forth, like some of the other application used. What is in GP you see immediately.

Nachteile: I've been supporting Sales Pad for a nunmber of years and though the years, they have made inprovement, that just make the ease of using Sales Pad better and better. I can't say that I do like anything the least on this application.

von SalesPad an 5.9.2018

Marie - thank you for your glowing feedback! We appreciate what you have to say and your business.

Salespad review

Bewertet am 19.7.2019
Yaniv M.
Operations Manager
Groߟhandel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I am overall happy with salespad. It streamlined our business process to make things in the office/warehouse more user friendly and easy to use

Vorteile: I like how you are able to visually see all the information about customers in a more organized fashion. Everything is more organized within salespad

Nachteile: That you cannot see Return documents within salespad and can only see it within GP. Also that you cannot see how any payments are applied so if you don't have GP then a salespad customer service user cannot help with any money related issues

Evolving

Bewertet am 2.4.2019
Kathy W.
Customer Service Manager
Lagerung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: My experience up until a year ago was okay, but after attending SalesPad's User Conference, learning what all it could do, then coming back and implementing changes, enhancing our use of the product, has notched my overall opinion and experience up into the 'Great' range. Their implementation and support teams have been awesome to work with...that's a HUGE plus. Not necessarily being a technical person myself, it's always great to work with a team that strives to make the working relationship positive in every way. I cannot say that strongly enough, as I am also working with other software implementations teams that seem to thrive on making you feel like you are an irritation in their day.

Vorteile: Several things...user friendly, while still maintaining great functionality. Can be customized to meet our needs. No downtime :). The SalesPad team is constantly improving the product via updates to improve/enhance functionality and adding new features.

Nachteile: Honestly, I can't think of anything I dislike...except...add more colors/themes for the background. Enhance the darker themes, so you can see every sales line clearly. My people say changing the background makes it less boring :)

GP painful, Salespad great

Bewertet am 25.7.2019
Import und Export, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: The user interface in Salespad let us define the user defined fields we needed, implement custom business rules and still keep all our data in GP. We've even had some custom work done. It was completed professionally and quickly. I'm very happy with Salespad.

Nachteile: It still has to use GP under the hood. This is good and bad. A fully functional integrated system is great but some of the limitations of GP can't be worked around in Salespad - despite the many things Salespad makes easier.

Using Salespad in the wholesale world

Bewertet am 12.9.2019
Frank B.
Sales Support
Groߟhandel, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: The ease of creating customer orders. I also process inventory transactions and the process of entering purchase orders right down to receiving is just as easy as it can get. Also having the ability to export information to excel is awesome.

Nachteile: The report writing unless you understand sequel report writing you will need assistance in writing reports.

SapesPad brings ease of use to GP

Bewertet am 2.8.2019
Susan M.
VP - Member Services
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I've found SalesPad's customer service to be far better than our GP re-seller and very good overall. Typically I wait no more than about a minute to get a live person and they almost always answer my question or resolve my issue on the first call.

Vorteile: SalesPad makes it much easier to accomplish routine tasks in GP. Order and payment processing, purchasing and inventory monitoring are pretty intuitive in SalesPad.

Nachteile: It doesn't have all the features I wish it did. There are some tasks that I still have to do it GP that I wish I could do it SalesPad. For example, receiving and applying invoices on drop-shipped orders. Currently SalesPad gives me the ability to receive on a lovely mass receipt screen, but not to apply the invoice including freight costs, to that invoice. Because of that limitation, I still have to receive each order individually in GP.

Great Back of the house Software

Christy F.
Groߟhandel, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Salespad has allowed our order processing to speed up dramatically. It also has allowed us to overcome some issues with Human error or oversight by allowing the system to "think" for us- giving my team the time and information needed to make sure the client experience is the best we can offer. We constantly find new features that help us eliminate manual work. Really love this program!

Vorteile: My favorite part of Salespad is the ability to create workflows so that orders are addressed specifically based on rules we put in play to take away the "Human" errors. We utilize the workflows to address client terms, product backorders, free freight approvals etc.

Nachteile: The reporting capability is "SQL focused" making it an IT specialist only or customization request only. It would be great to utilize the system and its reporting capabilities in a more user friendly version.

von SalesPad an 5.9.2018

Thank you Christy! We love automation too. We appreciate your feedback on the accessibility of reporting - we're always looking at ways to improve SalesPad Desktop.

SalesPad Desktop

Bewertet am 19.7.2019
Andrew P.
Logistics | Sales Specialist
Landwirtschaft, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We are able to make faster decisions using the data we have in SalesPad Desktop. It's ease of use and customization make entering orders a simple process.

Vorteile: I really enjoy the ability to customize this program. The desktop version is nice for those users/administrators who need to be able to make quick changes to our data without having a web developer on hand, or spending large amounts of money to do something as simple as add a field to a form. SalesPad seems very receptive to feedback, so the updates and functionality always seem to be improving the program overall. Keep doing what you are doing here!

Nachteile: It's kind of difficult to tell sometimes what is linked to GP tables. It would be nice to have something like the GP Table Finder feature. A lot of times we want to query both GP and SalesPad data together.

Excellent CRM + Operations Software

Bewertet am 2.8.2019
Teddy H.
Administration
Lagerung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: This software houses all of our sales, accounting operations, and database in one place that allows for incredibly effective operations. It also has dramatically increased our insights and analytics of our deal life cycles, customer insights, and successful outcomes. We love that everything is in one place for our sales workflow, housed on our own network, it allows us to reflect on our quarters/ years, and it remains consistent for our non-computer oriented sales people!

Nachteile: It is difficult to communicate and receive needed changes / updates without going to "custom development" route. That is very frustrating, especially a lot of things we've encountered over the years have been things considered custom, but in our eyes, should be a necessary function of the software.

Salespad Review

Michael S.
IT Manager
Groߟhandel, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We almost never have a problem with Salespad. It works and updates are flawless so far. With being able to customize almost everything it has been extremely helpful.

Vorteile: I like the functionality and the level of customization you have. You can write C# scripts to be run before and after work flows, which gives us a lot of flexibility. You can also write SQL Query between work flows to direct the order to different queues. You can also customize the layout and add User Defined fields, which we have used to get more information that just the defaults in Salespad.

Nachteile: Support could be a little more responsive. It takes a couple of days to get response sometimes and you can almost never get them to pick up phone. Salespad is also a little over whelming right out of the gate and takes little while to learn to the more advance stuff like writing C# scripts and Designing the Work Flow.

One of the best Software's our company uses.

Bewertet am 12.8.2019
Beverley G.
Contract Administration Manager
Maschinerie, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The software is definitely more user friendly than GP. We did start both of them up at the same time, so we can't really compare entering orders/invoices in GP since we never did. TakeStock was just too long ago for me to remember much about it - and compare.

Vorteile: Ease of use - easy to customize and add fields important to us. We had the best "implementor" which made things great at start up time.

Nachteile: The software has been great for us, but I believe there are things we are doing wrong - or could be done faster. I wish we had someone constant to talk to that "knows" our system and different processes.

A great front end for Microsoft GP

Anne P.
CFO
Groߟhandel, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We implemented SalesPad for ease of use by sales staff and purchasing personnel. It took the complexity of GP and made it simple for these front line staff.

Vorteile: Dashboard views, various ways to monitor and process batch information, workflow capabilities, ease of upgrades, unlimited user defined fields, and quick and easy sales analysis.

Nachteile: Doesn't always follow the same logic as GP, specifically with bill of materials transactions, and issues with regard to this functionality remain.

Using Dynamics GP for SOP, POP, & Inventory? Get SalesPad.

Dan C.
Business Analyst | IT Coordinator
Groߟhandel, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: SalesPad has helped our organization cut down on users logging in to Dynamics GP. With GP license costs alone, SalesPad is a huge savings for staff that don't need/use full access to the ERP. SalesPad provides end-users a clean, flexible, and customizable experience, with connections to powerful 3rd party tools like Avatar & shipping software.

Vorteile: SalesPad takes the pain points out of many processes in Dynamics GP for order entry, purchase order processing & receiving, and many common inventory transactions.

Nachteile: SalesPad's error reporting can be difficult to troubleshoot. Quick Reports, while powerful, still require some understanding of Dynamics GP & SalesPad's table structures, so there's a barrier to entry for the average user. That said, they're a great replacement for SmartList for those coming from GP.

SalesPad is a must for all GP Dynamic users

Jason J.
Groߟhandel, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Can't say enough about how spectacular the entire time with SalesPad has been. Installation and learning was a breeze and again support is out of this world. My new website integration is going to improve our customer support and cut costs for us in ways we can never imagine, thank you SalesPad

Vorteile: Functionality, ease of use, the custom aspects of your screens and also added features. The ability to create integrations with your website and the customer service is best in class. The support team can not be compared to anyone else out there; you have an issue they will work with you now, until it is resolved.

Nachteile: I can't think of a con except maybe that they would work with other accounting software programs or even better be stand alone.

von SalesPad an 31.8.2018

Thank you Jason - we really appreciate your kind words!

SalesPad is a must if you have Microsoft GP

Krista N.
Accountant
Automotive, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We came from an old, DOS-based system. When we converted to SalesPad, it felt as though someone lifted a blanket from over our heads. The visibility within the system and access to valuable information is awesome!

Vorteile: I particularly like the visibility, within the software, to view the workflow of the order process which makes Customer Service easy. Inputting orders is very easy. Customer Search is easy. The product is very user friendly. We converted to SalesPad at the same time we converted to GP and we love it!

Nachteile: Right now, we're in the process of converting to PayFabric for purposes of processing credit cards. We have a multi-store, heavy retail environment and had challenges with implementing Card Control. Out of the box, PayFabric isn't functioning within our test environment, but SalesPad's development team is looking into a solution.

von SalesPad an 5.9.2018

Thank you for your kind words Krista! We're very proud of how intuitive SalesPad Desktop is.

SalesPad Desktop makes working with MS Dynamic GP a breeze

Bewertet am 9.8.2019
Richard B.
IT
Industrieautomation, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Customization was a year plus project, but after that very productive smooth sailing.

Vorteile: Simplicity in the user interface. What we didn't see in the product we were able to get through SalesPad customizations.

Nachteile: There is no way to save the user specified current column band settings in case they are lost accidentally by a misplaced keystroke or mouse move.

Salespad Desktop, some thoughts

Matt F.
Operations Manager
Textilien, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Allocating and pushing multiple orders at once to our warehouse has helped streamline some extremely tedious button pushing we used to do directly in GP. Salespad as a company still cares about their customers on an individual level, and the support we've gotten through various people in the organization reflects this. It would be nice if Microsoft had designed an ERP system in a more user friendly way that actually appears to understand how businesses operate...but they didn't, and here we are.

Vorteile: Salespad corrects the horrible UX design built into GP while solving other critical design/functionality problems along the way.

Nachteile: Workflows are quite unintuitive - these could be setup a lot easier.

von SalesPad an 31.8.2018

We couldn¿t agree more about ERP systems! We are proud to have a solution that streamlines the UI shortcomings of traditional ERP systems. We¿d be happy to help answer any questions you have about workflow. We want it to make it as simple as possible to create and maintain a workflow design that is compatible with your business processes!

GP sales and purchase order processing for dummies

Anne P.
CFO
Groߟhandel, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: SalesPad is very responsive to our needs; however, if the source of your problem is somewhere in the communication set up between GP and SalesPad, then it can be difficult to get your issue addressed. An example is how GP assigns the Assembly number as soon as you begin entering the assembly, whereas SalesPad doesn't assign it until you save. If you have users in both GP and SalesPad entering assemblies, one can hijack the other.

Vorteile: The ease with which my users learn it. Also, the Sales Analysis and Sales Monitor features. Finally, the audit feature.

Nachteile: That they haven't quite extended the audit feature to all of the modules.

von SalesPad an 6.9.2018

Thank you! We are also happy with the built-in Sales Analysis and Monitor features. We are continually adding auditing to each of the modules, so stay tuned!

Helpful links to data

Suzanne A.
Einzelhandel, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Much quicker access for SOP processes, less screens to cursor through to complete transactions. Workflow and Sales Monitor features are helpful for reviewing status. Experience has been very positive for our business and users.

Vorteile: The ease in which you can find data by linking to history in Sales and Inventory

Nachteile: Security and Setup complexity. Forms modification. Quick Reports setup and limitations.

von SalesPad an 6.9.2018

Thank you for your review! Our securities and settings are very robust. Depending on which version you¿re running, we do have the ability to apply default security groups. We also have had recent upgrades to our Quick Report manager, which allows regular SalesPad users to create their own Quick Reports. Let us know if you¿d like to take a look at the latest version!

Admin User of Salespad

Bewertet am 6.9.2018
Stephen O.
IT Software Specialist
Geschäftsbedarf & -einrichtung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We are using Salespad to take orders from customers, track purchase orders and returns as well as warranty claims and transfers between different locations.

Vorteile: I like the adaptability and customization that is available in Salespad. I particularly like the Audit trail as it allows us to see who has done what on orders and this is very helpful when troubleshooting problems with orders.

Nachteile: There is a lot you can do with Salespad and for new users it can be a bit overwhelming. The user interface is friendlier than some other software that we use for managing orders, PO's, receipts and invoices but the interface could still be improved to make it a little easier for new users.

von SalesPad an 19.9.2018

Thanks for your review Stephen! There is a lot that can be done with SalesPad and we're always trying to improve it to make it more intuitive for new users while still keeping it powerful.

Amazing Software

Bewertet am 2.8.2018
Gaelle E.
Groߟhandel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Thanks to SalesPad desktop, we have access to all information in 1 screen.
This helps us look very professional when talking to our customers.
We have their AR, open order, order history, all available from 1 screen.

Vorteile: We love the ease of use of this software, and it is affordable for small companies.
In the past we only had GP and it made the job of the salesforce very complicated.
Now, with a click of a button, we have all the necessary information for inventory, sales, etc.

Nachteile: I have nothing negative to say!
This is just the best investment we have made.

von SalesPad an 3.8.2018

Hello Gaelle,

Thank you for your review. We're so pleased to hear how helpful SalesPad Desktop has been to you and your team.

SalesPad Desktop

Paul D.
C.O.O.
Militär, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall we are happy with our purchase and would do it again.

Vorteile: A great interface to Microsoft GP - much more intuitive for users entering in data. Robust ability to add user defined fields for custom tracking / reporting. Quick / short learning curve for new employees.

Nachteile: Getting specific reports unique to the company can be tricky at times. Though it is great that there are other add on features available from other companies it can be challenging to figure out an issue when both companies claim it is an issue with the other.